1. 1-3 posts per week
  2. One post per week
  3. Slow As Molasses
Writing Levels
  1. Intermediate
  2. Adept
  3. Adaptable
Genres
romance. angst. drama. modern. fantasy. supernatural. adventure. crime. period pieces.
4JBERrk.png

"All things look good from far away .... "

Hollywood, where the drama on screens is just as real in life.
Welcome to La La Land.

large.jpg

LOS ANGELES

JUNE 31ST

Character Index

Tagging
@Violet @neptune

• Love
Reactions: neptune and Violet
Parties always seemed to bring out the absolute worst in people, or at least in Joselyn's opinion. Though it never stopped her from attending the filthy and yet oddly fanstinating events held all over the great state of California. They were a dime a dozen now a days, with every party having it's own catering of drugs and drinks to make you feel more alive. Hollywood had a way of dimming even the brightest of stars. Thankfully, Joselyn was not one of them, or at least not tonight. That was what truly mattered, staying on top of her game. Now that she was free of some past baggage, she could finally allow herself to live a little. The parties she had attended in the past were a blur of being wrapped around the waist of one of the country's most eligible bachelors, and the biggest pain in her ass, Skylar Jones. Though that wasn't what was tonight was about.

Turning to see her two best friends, Chelsea Tate and Cassia Blossoms, and giving them a smile. "Thank you guys for going away with me this weekend" She said, referring to the past few days the three girls had spent on an island far away from the prying eyes of the media, though somehow a picture of the girls in scantily clad suits had still ended up on a TMZ article. "It means a lot to get to celebrate the end of an era with my best friends" She said, referring to her new future plans. Jocelyn had spent the past two years of her life glued to the side of Skylar Jones, her former fake boyfriend. She despised the man and after a public fight, she decided to break things off with him for good. To escape the media hounding she had been receiving, her two best friends had agreed to spend the week in Bora Bora celebrating their life changing events. "And now we get to celebrate Chelsea's upcoming movie roleeee!" She squealed excitedly as her arms wrapped around the blonde girl with amusement.

She followed behind her two friends as they entered the glamorous house of Chelsea's co-star Ethan Conroy, a well known actor and a local hottie. "This is so exciting! I'm so proud of Chels" She whispered to Cassia, a bright smile on her face as she glanced around the well decorated room. "So how did Aaron survive without you for the week?" She asked of her best friend's relationship with her cousin. The two were happily and grossly in love and Joselyn wouldn't be surprised if there was a ring in their future.

Suddenly, Joselyn's attention was drawn to the rather handsome man that stalked in her general direction. She supposed Ethan was coming over to chat with Chelsea, since the two were the leads in the years most anticipated film. Her eyes fluttered up as the handsome man's met hers in a spilt moment. Joselyn's excited smile faded into a flirty side smile, since she was now publicly single she felt no shame in her obvious attraction to the older male. Offering the man her small hand as Chelsea introduced the two. "Pleasure to meet you Ethan, thank you so much for inviting us tonight! You have a lovely house" She said with another flash of her most charming smile.

Another day, another set..back. Or well, so Aaron thought since his whole life revolved around his obsession with being a script writer. He was okay at acting, well a bit better at acting then he gave himself credit for. Since he had moved out to Hollywood to live with his cousin, teen pop sensation Joselyn Fox, his life had changed dramatically. He had gotten his degree in creative writing and english, with a dream of writing a New York best seller. However when he arrived in Hollywood his plans changed the moment he met his agent, who also happened to be Joselyn's agent as well. She had gotten him an acting gig as an extra in a top tv show and he'd gotten better gigs each time. So to be fair, he was a halfway decent actor.

Though in comparison to his friend Chelsea Tate, Aaron was mediocre. Aaron was especially mediocre when it came to comparing him to his girlfriend, Cassia Blosoms. She made everyone look mediocre, and next to him, she was platinum and he silver at best. Aaron considered himself lucky to even have a fighting chance with her, she was practically perfect. The fact that she would be coming home from her girls weekend trip, made the party he was attending even better.

He didn't know Ethan Conroy well, not in the slightest. However, Aaron had taken a break from acting and was now an assistant writer for the movie Mr. Conroy was staring in, along with one of his best friends, Chelsea Tate. Although Chelsea would never admit it to his face, Aaron was almost positive she was the reason he had been offered the job in the first place.. and he was extremely grateful.

Aaron was standing at the bar, chatting with a few of his colleagues as the known trio walked into the room. Instantly his lips curled into a smile. "If you'll excuse me ladies and gentleman" He said, politely excusing himself from the conversation and placing his almost empty glass on the table. He squeezed his way through the crowd and waved to Cassia. "Hey beautiful, long time no see" He said, placing a kiss on her forehead as he instinctively wrapped his arms around her as he had done before many times. "Did you three enjoy your vacation away from hell I mean Hollywood" He joked with a soft chuckle at his own joke.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ethan Conroy

For the most part, Ethan Conroy was the type of man who liked his space. Normally quiet, the house that sat overlooking an exclusive and private stretch of beach, was full of people that night. They roamed around, mingling, shouting to one another over the loud music as they made frequent trips to the open bar and got progressively more loose as the hours wore on. Parties in Hollywood were a dime a dozen, the reasons for celebration were as frivolous and transparent as most dresses on a red carpet, but Ethan liked them more when he was the one in charge. After all, guests were there to pat him on the back.

The majority of Ethan's career had been spent tied to the superhero franchise, The Originals, where one stand-alone movie had, somehow, turned into a contract that had no end in sight. It wasn't that Ethan wasn't grateful for the success, or that he didn't appreciate everything the movies had afforded him but playing a single role year after year was stifling; he wanted move. As competing franchises became the norm, Hollywood took fewer original risks, saving only a handful of scripts for film festivals and those coveted award show spots. When he had heard that one of Jason Grizzly's best sellers was being adapted for the screen, Ethan couldn't resist auditioning.

Although production had yet to begin, Ethan was convinced that landing the role would lend some real legitimacy to his career, and of course, his co-star helped as well. He wasn't used to being in a movie where the buzz wasn't instantly around him, but it was a good challenge, and he even invited Chelsea and Jason to the party, to show what a good sport he was.

Ethan spotted Chelsea walk in from across the room. She was with two other women, one he knew to be Joselyn Fox—they had talked about her a few times—he was definitely interested in having a conversation. The other one, however, Ethan couldn't have picked out from a stranger on the street. It didn't matter, he decided, and went over to greet Chelsea and her friends.

Despite the fact that Chelsea didn't seem fooled, she was gracious enough to introduce Cassia, and Joselyn almost didn't need an introduction. She was pretty, and he had watched her perform at the VMAs in the past—he'd heard she had a boyfriend, though. "Thank you," he grinned, grasping her hand delicately in his own and giving it a shake. "I'll give you a tour later, if you want." Most girls loved his house, it was new luxury and fit the aesthetic of their Instagram pages; Ethan never had minded a few pictures.

Chelsea Tate

It had taken a lot of convincing to get Chelsea to leave California for a place that was even hotter, but the vacation with Cassia and Joselyn had been worth it. There had been too many times over the last year when a busy schedule had gotten in the way of friendship, when she had had to miss opening night of Cassia's last musical, or when work had her on the opposite end of the country for Joselyn's very real break up of a fake relationship. Having work, getting to act, was amazing, but the guilt was always a little much. Getting to hang out with her two best friends for a few extra hours was the reason that Chelsea had agreed to attend Ethan Conroy's self-serving party. She could only hope the girls (and Aaron) had fun.

Even though they had arrived late to the party, the energy was high and there was quite the crowd. It didn't take long for Ethan to make his way over to them, playing gracious host and already focusing on Joselyn. When she had first heard about the film, Chelsea hadn't envisioned Ethan in the opposite role, but she supposed that time would tell—and maybe he wouldn't be so obnoxious when there wasn't an audience. "Joselyn really loves your work," Chelsea added, giving the blonde a teasing nudge. Figuring that Joselyn might want to get to know Ethan, and seeing Aaron coming toward Cassia, Chelsea decided to get herself a drink instead.

Being single wasn't the worst thing in the world, it allowed her the freedom to do what she wanted with the downtime she had, but it got a little lonely sometimes. After slipping through the crowd, she managed to order a vodka soda and waited until the drink was neatly set in front of her. Ethan was a lot of things, but Chelsea was at least impressed that he had sprung for top shelf booze. Taking a drink, the thought of wasting a few hours didn't look so bad.

Osbourne Finch

Nights out should have been spent with close friends, relaxing and maybe having a few drinks. The nights out that Oz got, however, involved sitting at Ethan Conroy's house and waiting to casually bump into his ex-girlfriend. He had heard from Zach, who was DJing for the night, that Lilac was likely to make an appearance, and after the flames of their last fight had cooled, Oz was more than ready to try again. It was a bit pathetic, he knew that, but there was something about Lilac that was impossible to give up on; there was no point unless he tried until things were absolutely over.

Since Zach was busy playing track after track, Oz had found himself hanging out near the bar with Jason. The party was, obviously, for Ethan, but he was happy for Jace and proud that he had sold yet another script. "When are you ever going to take a break?" Oz asked, teasing his friend as he took another drink. He might have already had one too many, just to beat back the creep of social anxiety, but he didn't think he was overdoing it yet. "You're doing everything right now. I don't know how you have enough time."

Keeping an eye out for Lilac, Oz saw Chelsea Tate instead. He didn't know her personally, but he had heard of her, and knew the crowd she ran with fairly well. It was Lilac who talked about them, mostly about Joselyn Fox, whom she had had bad blood with since their first encounter. "Anyway," he said, looking away from the blonde and back to Jace, "I wish I had your drive." Making music was one thing, but his inspiration had waned lately and projects were on the verge of piling up. Oz knew that he needed an injection of creativity, something good to get everything movie again; he just wasn't sure what that would be.

• Love
Reactions: Violet and MaryGold

[td="border: 0px; width: 30%;"]

[/TD]

[td="border: 0px; width: 50%;"]

[/TD]

- - - -

[/TD]

[/TD]

- - - -

[/TD]

[/TD]

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Violet and neptune

Joselyn Fox
tumblr_n9ywo8d8NS1s7z1tho1_500.gif

A handshake could tell a lot about a person. As Ethan's large hand grasped hers delicately, her eyes drifted down to watch how he firmly shook her hand. Treating her hand as if it were a priceless piece of glass. Joselyn assumed he had done this a million times, with who knows how many girls. His reputation proceeded him however Joselyn was never one to judge a book by it's cover, no matter how handsome the cover was. His grin was contagious and the blonde soon found herself smiling brightly as their eyes locked. She broke her eye contact as Chelsea elbowed her playfully. "Well I am a sucker for a hot guy in a cape." She said with a teasing look at Ethan. "My brother loves you in the Orginals, you're his favorite." She said with a bright smile. "Would I sound so lame if I asked you for a picture to send to him?" She asked with a small smile.

The smile only spread brighter as he agreed and she laughed softly. "I'm a pro at posing for pictures by now" She said as she opened her phone to her camera roll and held it up in front of herself and the much taller gentleman. Giving her signature camera smile as she snapped the photo and sent it to her mother. "My brother Ben is 10 and he's obsessed with superhero's. So you probably just made me the coolest big sister ever" She said with a genuinely grateful smile to him. "So, if that offer still stands I'd absolutely love a tour" Her hand sliding her phone into the pocket of her black dress. She briefly noticed that Chelsea and Cassia had both left her, although she couldn't blame them, after all she did tend to flirt a little too often. However, this time was different. Ethan was different, and Joselyn.. well she was finally single, at least to the rest of the world.

As she followed Ethan's lead she heard the party faded behind her and the sound of the ocean waves beckon her. "Wow.. this is a gorgeous view" She commented as she looked out the window, not wanting to touch anything for fear of leaving fingerprints. "It seems like you could get lost in her" She teased as she did a small spin down the hallway. "So.. Mister Conroy.. " She began to say as she turned to look at him, leaning on the wall as her smile widened slightly. "What does the A list actor like to do in his free time?" She asked, trying to make simple conversation. Joselyn doing her best to be as relaxed as she usually appeared in front of others, instead of being yet another fan girl she figured flocked to the a list actor.

-_-_-_

Aaron O'Connor
68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e6177732e636f6d2f776174747061642d6d656469612d736572766963652f53746f7279496d6167652f62324948656f48574d44617833773d3d2d3331343031373830392e313461366563353466343838323031623835383336323737323930312e676966

There were few things in life Aaron loved more then Cassia's smile, the very smile that was graced to him at his arms around her waist. Her giggling response to his terribly corny joke only proceeded to egg him on, causing a large smile to form on his own face. Though it was her sudden forceful kiss that wiped the smile completely off his face. His arms wrapped tightly around the small of her back as his neck craned down to meet her lips as her hand gripped his shirt, causing wrinkles to form, not that he entirely minded. "Miss me much?"? He asked, his playful smirk forming on his lips as they parted ways before he showed her much he had truly missed her.

Taking the moment to readjust his shirt he listened to his girlfriend talk happily about her vacation and he chuckled at her comments on her girlfriends. "Well Joselyn is quite scary, the house was so quiet I swear I could actually hear the bird chirping." he joked as his gaze glanced over to his younger cousin whom he shared a home with. Joselyn's home was quiet large and Aaron didn't quite feel comfortable leaving her alone in a house that big all by herself. It also claimed both their mothers to know they at least had each other. Plus it was just another convent excuse to see Cassia, no matter who she came to see. "Poor Ethan," He whispered in Cassia's ear as the two watched Joselyn flirt with Ethan Conroy. "Should I warn him how scary she is" He teased as they laughed softly. "Chelsea is already pretty cool" He commented as their gaze switched to the other blonde at the bar. He adored Chelsea almost as much as he adored Cassia, almost.

At her teasing answer about missing him he laughed and kissed her temple down to her ear. "I think that kiss meant you missed me a lot missy" He teased her as he looked at her again. "Well if you must know I cried for days and ate 2 gallons of ice cream." He said with a chuckle and a shake of his head. "No but I did actually get some work done, although Jace had us working a lot on the script. I can't believe production starts so soon." He said with a look around the party. "Want to go somewhere we can catch up?" He asked, a mysterious tone to his voice as he wiggled his eyebrows at her and grasped her hand in his as they walked out towards the stretch of private beach. Passing by his cousin's mortal enemy, Lilac Morrison. "Yikes.. I hope Jos doesn't see her here" He whispered as Cassia once they were out of ear shot. "So beautiful, what are your plans for the year huh? What does that great Cassia Blossoms have to bless the world with?"

-_-_-_-

Zachary Taylor
original.gif

Zach was exhausted by the overly played pop hits that were requested every few minutes. Though, a gig was a gig, and Zach was thankful that Ethan had asked him to DJ in the first place. The two didn't really see eye to eye on most things, but Zach had spent so much time producing that he had forgotten his passion for spinning tracks.. well tracks that didn't have the words "my down bitch" in them about a million times. Honestly the whole "popping bottles and fucking models" thing really turned Zach off to the music. That's all the millennial's seemed to relate to these days.

He grabbed the nearly empty water bottle he sat next to his equipment and finished the remaining drops, managing to spill a few drops on his keyboard. "Shit" He mumbled as he desperately wiped it away with his t-shirt. Figuring it was a good time to take a break and replenish he desire to will.. or his water. He grabbed the now empty plastic bottle and headed down the platform while a generic pop playlist blared through his speaker system. He fought his way through the mob of dancing celebs and landed with his elbows on the wooden bar. His eyes landed on his best friend Oz, and a smirk crossed his lips as he watched his eyes wander to the figure of his other best friend Lilac. Who was also fighting her way through the crowd.

He chuckled as he passed by Oz and clapped him on the back. "You think she's gonna take your sorry ass back for the millionth time?" He joked as he followed Lilac out onto the patio. "Hey mind if I bum one of those?" He asked, not really waiting for a reply as he snatched one out of her pack and held it between his teeth as he pulled out his zippo and lit the end. Tossing it to her as he gave her a smirk and went back inside to give his two best friends a chance to reconcile for what literally felt like the millionth time, at least the twentieth if his count wad correct.

Ethan Conroy

Getting a date had never been much of a problem for Ethan, but it became infinitely easier after finding real success in Hollywood. Suddenly, women lined up to meet him, he was doing photoshoots, getting nominated for the superficial Sexiest Man Alive list, and now, it earned him some face time with Joselyn Fox; she definitely seemed interested. He made a mental note to thank Chelsea for bringing her along, although his co-star had heavily implied that she would have rather done anything else with her evening. It was worth it to Ethan if he got a few dates out of the teen idol before she inevitably wrote a petty song about him.

For now, Ethan was more than happy to take a picture. "He's got good taste for a ten-year old," he grinned, holding the smile as Joselyn broke out her phone and struck a pose of her own. While Ethan was only interested in the blonde for the most obvious of reasons, he had to admit that there was something magnetic about her. Before meeting formally, Ethan had watched her perform at the Video Music Awards the year before, and he hadn't been able to take his eyes off of her then either. Getting his attention was easy, but holding it for more than ten minutes at a time was quite the feat.

The party began to fade into the background, the noise melting into a dull roar as Joselyn spoke again, asking for a tour. He didn't think twice about abandoning the guests to oblige,and settled his hand on the small of her back as he lead her around. "I bought this house for the view," he confessed, admiring her as she admired the view of the ocean, still visible by moonlight as the waves rolled in and out. Easing up, Ethan slid his hands into his pockets, but kept close and stood in front of Joselyn as she leaned against the wall.

Between shooting for the latest Originals, interviews, appearances and looking for more serious work, free time barely existed anymore. "I like golf," he said, recalling that his last trip to the green with Julian had been more than two months ago. "And cars," he added, "but I wouldn't call driving to and from my agent's office fun." He looked down into her eyes, the party still far off in the background of his mind. "What do you like to do?" He knew (briefly) about her music career, but Ethan hoped there was something deeper to Joselyn as well.

Chelsea Tate

Having been in many bars over the last several years, Chelsea had heard her fair share of requests, but asking for a pen was a new one. Her brow came together in confusion, she had almost laughed before realizing who was asking. While she didn't know much about Jason personally, when the script for his best-selling book came up, Chelsea had read up on him while relentlessly perusing the role—when he had an idea, he dropped everything to write it down. Aside from acting, and being able to dance (under some serious coaching), Chelsea didn't find herself to be all that creative, but the process had always intrigued her.

"I think so," she said, setting her drink down to pop open the clutch she was sporting that night. There wasn't much inside, her cell phone, spare pieces of gum, but a promotional pen sat at the bottom, largely untouched since the last time she had been asked to sign something. Handing it off, Chelsea was even kind enough to click it open for him.

Leaning with her elbow on the bar, Chelsea watched him for a few long moments. Aside from table reads, and a few times at the audition, they hadn't gotten to have many conversations. The casting for the movie had been a long and arduous process, one that had—according to her agent—come right down to her and another actress. In a way, it was frustrating, not knowing what Jace thought of her, whether he had wanted to go in another direction, whether he thought she could do his creations any kind of justice.

After taking another drink, Chelsea figured that he didn't have the pull to retroactively revoke the part, and slid up next to Jace. "What are you writing?" she asked, genuinely interested. From her perspective, Ethan's gaudy party wasn't very inspiring, but that was why he was the genius writer and she wore the costumes.

Osbourne Finch

While Oz cared deeply for his friends, he had a bad habit of getting distracted by the whims of his heart. Lilac had a way about her, one that sucked all the air from a room like some kind of vampire—he loved her—Jace was kind enough to understand that. After apologizing to the writer, Oz was only a few feet from the bar when Zach clapped him on the back and spoke some dark words of encouragement. He smiled, "it's not about taking me back. It's how long she'll stick around." The relationship that he had with Lilac bordered on unhealthy, but when it was good, it was hard for Oz to imagine spending his life with anyone else. He could only hope that one day, Lilac would feel the same.

After sliding his way through the crowd, Oz found himself out on the patio. It was a chilly night, colder because of the ocean just below the house, but he tried not to let the lack of humidity and swamp bugs bother him. He spotted Lilac as Zach was making his way back inside. "Unlike him, I brought my own cigarettes," Oz joked, knowing that he didn't have to formally greet Lilac anymore. They had broken up and gotten back together so often that he no longer felt awkward about not talking to her for a few months, and due to a stupid amount of confidence, Oz never worried that Lilac didn't want to talk to him.

As promised, Oz produced his own pack of cigarettes and snagged one from the pack before lighting up. He didn't know if Ethan allowed smoking inside of his house, but he was grateful for an excuse to have a semi-private moment with Lilac. Taking a long drag on his cigarette, Oz exhaled slowly and let whatever remaining anxiety he was feeling melt away. "Are you producing this or what?" he asked, wondering why she was there. Somewhere in the back of his mind, he remembered that Ethan and Lilac were friends, but she was usually more selective about what parties she attended.

• Love
Reactions: MaryGold and Violet

Cassia Blossoms

Reunited and not five minutes had passed before they easily fell back into their usual behavior together. Cassia herself wouldn't have been able to guess that they spent a week apart in different countries, yet alone any stranger. From any other perspective they could have just seen each other the other day, and truthfully, if they had they'd be acting the same. It was one of Cassia's favorite things about them, their relationship, Aaron.

She was able to slip completely into her comfort zone, but still always feeling those butterflies fluttering around her stomach. She held onto his hand her own, gripping it softly but securely. Briefly, her eyes wandered over to Joselyn and Ethan when he spoke of them, or Jos in specific. Playfully, she had smacked his arm for Joselyn despite laughing along with him. "Jos, is not scary, she's just zestful." Of course, to any other stranger, scary may be an adjective they'd use to describe her. Still, Cassia rolled her eyes, the teasing between the cousins wasn't anything new to her. Over the years she had gotten quite used to it.

All jokes aside, hearing him speak about his screenwriting work gathered her attention wholly, more than anything else said between them. Having known about his goals of writing his own film someday over the time she had known him it was just as exciting for her. For once, there was no speaking about doing it someday but doing it now, or at least finally getting a step closer to it.

"The movie is going to be great," the singer told her boyfriend as he led them outside, she was confident of it. Chelsea's was acting in it and Aaron was assistant screenwriter, what could possibly go wrong? If it did as well on screen as it did on paper, which it was going to, Cassia was certain it would be a big breakthough for the both of them. And that breakthrough would open many more doors and oppurtunities.

The outside air was beyond refreshing, though, it was cool, she enjoyed the sounds of ocean waves. The night was too beautiful to think about Jos and Lilac going head to head, so, she tried not to think about that. However, she still made a silent prayer they wouldn't. Swaying Aaron's and her own hand between them, she hummed gently, easily forgetting about the actress, and pondering her answer to his inquiry. "What will the great Cassia Blossoms will be doing this year?" repeated Cassia before turning to him. "She's going to audition for a couple of musicals her agent listed for her, work on her acting career and maybe go on Joselyn Fox's next tour." It wasn't confirmed yet, but they had talked about it.

- - - -

Jason Grizzly

Chelsea Tate was an angel, coming to Jace's rescue, handing off her sleek black pen. Jace never felt more comfortable than with a pen in his hand, he felt almost naked without one. Even if it wasn't his own, it fit perfectly between his fingers, like that of a jigsaw puzzle. Hers was so much like the many he had scattered all over in his own home, hidden in kitchen drawers, on top of the coffee table, in the medicine cabinet of the bathroom. It was really peculiar he hadn't brought his own, but he was a scatterbrain, so not by much.

"Thank you," Jace was genuinely grateful that she answered his call for help. He hated letting an idea escape him no matter how small or big. In truth it was because he was a scatterbrain, he wouldn't always be able to remember what he had been thinking. It was one of the many reasons why he always threw everything aside to get it down on paper, only second to that everything looked good on paper. His love for writing could be unmatched.

As soon as the pen met the paper of the napkin, the world around him was soon forgotten. A small smile made a short appearance on his face when he saw that it was ballpoint, he loved ballpoint, and as strange as it was, what type of pen contributed to his creativity and mood for writing. Strange, yes, but Jace was strange and was known to be so. Besides, the medium was important, writing was art too.

The messy cursive writing ink didn't look as pretty on the napkin, but Jace could read it and that was all that matter. In only a minute, he had written at least four full paragraphs, which was unsually slow for him. He could write at least write seven in a minute. His bubble of a world was popped by the voice of the actress beside him, honestly, her voice startled him, having momentarily forgotten her and everything else.

"Ah, this?" Jace mused, setting down his pen and silently reading over his mess of a draft. To any other eyes it could have been some foreign, never heard of, language, and it was definitely a possibility. The language of Jason Grizzly, only spoken by Jason Grizzly. "It's a draft, sort of, for a play ..." His fingers drummed against the counter of the bar.

Turning in his seat slightly, half his body faced Chelsea, taking a fleeting glance of her before his gaze landed back on his napkin. He had seen her more than once before for casting, even talked to her a little. This was the first time he had a conversation with her outside the production the movie. Besides knowing she was an actress and some history of her past works, there wasn't much else he knew about her. He'd have to remedy that.

"I have no idea if it'll actually be used though," he released a small chuckle. "I have more than one unfinished draft at home. But I wanted to get this down, the difficulty of being an artist ..."

- - - -

Lilac Morrison

Cigarettes were dangerous, but Osbourne Finch was lethal. Cigarette's poison slowly worked its way to the heart. Osbourne Finch, however, started at the heart and quickly spread through the rest of the body without any warning. Out of the two drugs, Oz, by far, was the one she feared the most. With him came the worst kind of drug, the one with a heartbeat. No matter how many times Lilac had quit him, she always ended up being drawn back to him one way or another. Still, she knew how it would always end, it was just temporary bliss. Instead of facing any matters that included the heart, running away from them was easier.

Even now, Lilac would have preferred avoiding him, but they were always bound to see each other eventually. She couldn't stop getting involved with him somehow even if she didn't wanted to, which, she didn't. He wasn't just her ex, but her friend, and he had already rooted himself so deeply in her life it would be impossible to pull him out, it would be painful to even try. It was rather selfish, to keep breaking up with him but keeping as a friend, she knew that, but she also didn't care. She neeed to keep him somehow.

With her cigarette and Zach's zippo lighter in hand Lilac finally lit her own stick and inhaled the toxic fumes before expelling the same smoke from her lungs. Instantly, she was more at ease, her shoulders slumping and arms crossed underneath her chest. Lilac should have known if Zach was DJing he'd no doubt invite Oz, or maybe it was Jason, they were also friends. Either way, she owed either one of themthem a few words.

"I'm co-producing," she clarified, watching the smoke swirl above her head instead of Oz. Briefly, she remembered Ethan's hate for cigarettes but at the moment she couldn't have cared less. Besides, it wasn't as if he put a sign up saying no to cigarettes. They'd only really get in trouble if they got caught. "I'm only her because I was personally invited, otherwise ..." She'd be at home resting before working tomorrow.

Her face scrunched up slightly in a small frown before she turned to him, quirking a brow. "I know what you're playing at and we're not getting back together," having gone through the whole scenario so many times before, there was no need to beat around the bush. There were no coindences between the two of the anymore either. Just as she had said something similiar to what she spoke now before. This time she did mean it though, she would not yield to him or the wants of her heart, because again, it was only temporary before it all fell apart as it did so many times already. "I mean it."

Then again, she had also meant it the last time. Lilac closed her eyes in frustration with herself, rubbing her temples. "I knew I should have stayed home today." mumbled Lilac underneath her breath. This exact reason was why avoiding the issue and running away was so much easier.

• Love
Reactions: Violet

Joselyn Fox

After 5 world tours, a closet full of designer clothes, and even a biographic movie about her, not much impressed Joselyn if she was honest. However, Ethan Conroy was impressing her far more then any boy she had met previously. Maybe it was because he was older, more experienced one would say, whatever it was was pulling her to him like a moth to a flame. Her body leaning in as his eyes looked down at her. The position felt like a corny high school love scene, but it felt somewhat natural as the blonde's chin tilted up to meet his gaze. At his response to her question, Joselyn swallowed the urge to roll her eyes. Who liked golf? What was he her grandpa? However his next answer caught her attention and she perked up instantly. "What kind of cars?"

Curiosity getting the best of her as she listened intently, chuckling as he mentioned his agent. "I understand. I bought my dream car when I was 20. A bright red camero. It's the only car I'll keep in my garage." She said with a tiny laugh. "I only ever get to drive it when I'm by myself" She admitted "Which is never" A sheepish smile on her face as she shook her head at herself. "It's silly but this is the most along time I've gotten in forever," Her eyes lifted from under her lashes as she finished "But I'm sure you understand that feeling" Her smile returning as he asked her about herself.

Hesitating for a moment as she thought about how little she had been asked that question. "Hmm, well I love wearing sweatpants and watching classic movies. I like driving without a destination with all the windows down and some form of classic rock. Oh and I love doing yoga and dancing and spending time with Chelsea and Cassia whenever I can." She said with a cheeky smile as she added. "Oh and I guess I like writing music and singing" Her body leaning in further until she was inches away from Ethan's face. "But there's a lot more to me then that.." Her voice dropping off at the end as she teasingly bit her lip and then ducked under his arm and kept walking. "So what's the rest of your house look like?" She asked, a teasing look on her face as she walked backwards to face the well known actor.

"So what made you want to do this movie? It seems like The Originals would take up most of your time?" She asked as she looked out the window for a second, pausing to allow Ethan to catch up with her.

-_-_-_

Aaron O'Connor
68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e6177732e636f6d2f776174747061642d6d656469612d736572766963652f53746f7279496d6167652f62324948656f48574d44617833773d3d2d3331343031373830392e313461366563353466343838323031623835383336323737323930312e676966

As the sea breeze hit Aaron's nose, he breathed in deeply as his eyes shut. "Do you think one day we will own a house on the beach?" He asked his partner, his eyes opening for a brief moment to look down at Cassia with a hidden sweet smile. He has been thinking about asking her to marry him eventually, but the idea had been there from the moment he had first kissed the tiny brunette. He was utterly in love with Cassia Blossoms, and he planned to spend the rest of his life loving her.

At the mention of her plans for the upcoming year he felt himself smiling. "Yet another musical you will drag me too?" He teased, when he knew in reality he would buy a ticket to every show. There was nothing he loved more than watching Cassia perform, it was were she truly shined. If she didn't belong in his arms, Aaron knew she belonged on the stage. "What about auditioning for a supporting role in the movie? I'm sure Chelsea would love it if you were there on set with her" He commented, before a cheeky smile formed and his tone turned sly as he added "And I wouldn't mind seeing you either". Planting a kiss to the top of her head as the two stood in the sand hand in hand, staring at the waves.

Though the moment soured the moment she mentioned Joselyn and a world tour his smile faded completely. "Wait what? Since when?" He asked, his voice holding an edge of concern. He had known for a while that Joselyn was releasing a new album this year. One that would tarnish her squeaky clean teen idol reputation for good. Joselyn had been over her pop queen title for awhile, and her recent public break up with Skylar was only the first part of her master plan. Aaron wasn't stupid, he knew a new album as big as Joselyn's would result in another world tour for her, and it had been awhile since her last one. However the thought of Cassia leaving for almost a year broke his heart. He suddenly tried to put on his brave face and smile down at his girlfriend despite his sudden worries. "I mean if that's what you want that sounds great" He said, lying through his teeth as he watched the waves slow as his heart beat raced.

-_-_-_-

Zachary Taylor
original.gif

Upon his friend Oz taking his spot next to Lilac on the patio, Zach figured that was his cue to leave the two love birds alone. However Zach had never been one for manners, and besides his cigarette wasn't finished. So he leaned against the patio railing and watched the waves roll. Noting his head along with the bass that blasted through the million dollar mansion. He was far enough away to not ease drop on his friends but he could see if and when Lilac decided to give in to Oz's pleading for them to get back together. He had briefly wrestled with the idea of timing it.

He tapped the end of the cigarette against the railing and watched the ash fall to the ground below him. Thinking about where he was in his career and in his life. What more could he want? After all he was already more successful then any of his peers from his high school, in fact he knew most of them probably worked for Disney, the sorry sons of bitches. Still, he wanted more, craved more success. Maybe that was why he decided to take on writing an entire soundtrack for a film that didn't involved a heavy metal solo. Maybe this was what he needed, a new muse.

His friends had told him he needed a girlfriend, but Oz was a perfect example of why he did;t need a girlfriend. I mean, look at him, he was like a lost puppy dog without Lilac. That feeling scared him more than any type of pain in the world. Shuddering at the thought, Zach reformed his promise to himself to stay single by taking another long drag of his cigarette. Exhaling the toxin slowly as he closed his eyes and tapped his fingers along with the beat. Getting laid was just as good as a steady girlfriend anyway.

Ethan Conroy

Not only was Joselyn pretty, but she had good taste in cars as well. Her admission piqued his interest a little too much, and Ethan had to back away from turning the conversation into the finer points of what was parked in the garage. Most girls that he dated just liked fancy things, expensive cars, large jewels and precious metals, but Joselyn was different. Meeting her for five minutes, however, wasn't going to convince him that she was much more than her image—pop princess who made her millions off of sadness turned into catchy tunes. There was a part of him that hoped he might be important enough to get a hit single.

Their walk was a bit like cat and mouse, and Ethan followed along as Joselyn helped to move the tour along. "Nothing compared to the ocean," he chuckled, though it was a bit of an exaggeration. He may not have been home very often, but the house was impressive and worth every penny. "We'll make the garage our last stop." It was more like a showroom, but the space deserved to speak for itself. In the meantime, Ethan lead the way back through the house, stopping at the less crowded areas so that they could still manage to have a conversation.

When asked about the latest movie, Ethan raised an eyebrow. "The Originals is great," he said, nodding, "but it's not serious enough. I want a challenge." As fun as it was to bring an iconic comic book character to the big screen, superhero movies were never going to get him an Oscar. "Don't you ever feel like you want to be more than just what you're known for?" He had to wonder if she was satisfied with her own career, if teen pop satisfied the artist in her or if it just paid the bills.

"Don't get me wrong," he continued, letting her get a peek into his office, "I'm grateful for The Originals. I just need more than it can give." Jason Grizzly's latest was his best shot at moving up into a new tier of A-list.

Chelsea Tate

Some artists didn't like to share. Chelsea had met many creative types who guarded their creations like a jealous secret, only ever letting them see the light of day if they met an impossibly high standard. Jace seemed open, though, ready to share and Chelsea perked up as he turned toward her. Even sitting there, his presence was large, overtaking much of the already crowded bar. She didn't mind, and leaned in a bit, eager to know what sort of strange things floated around in his mind, which ones were good enough to be scribbled on a napkin at the most inopportune of times. She had to guess that it was something good, something just as fascinating as his last few books.

"A play?" Chelsea asked, smiling. Movies were great, and Chelsea enjoyed working in front of a camera, learning the ins and outs of the industry, as well as the differences between film making and play production, but she already missed the stage. Jace was already a best-selling author, and the movie already had award season buzz for his screen-writing, but as far as she knew, theater was new ground for him. "That's cool. I love plays." The Los Angeles theater scene just wasn't the same as New York's.

Even if it was never used, Chelsea appreciated that he felt the need to write it down. "What's it about?" she asked, hoping he might keep pursuing it if he got to talk about it out loud. "I do that sometimes," Chelsea added a moment later, "for roles and stuff. If I have a thought about a character, I make a note and then pass it along. Some directors don't like improv, though." She laughed to herself, recalling the first time she had been scolded for adding a line of dialogue. The creative process could sometimes be rather limiting.

Osbourne Finch

Had he not been hanging around by the door, Oz might have forgotten that Zach existed. There was something about Lilac that just obscured his thoughts, a quality that made the world fade into the background while he hung on her every word. Taking another drag from his cigarette, Oz attempted to clear his head. Most of the time, he was capable of having a real conversation with Lilac, and not every moment between them consisted of his pathetic devotion, but the first few words after a long silence were always the most transparent. Sometimes, Oz thought he should just give up and move on.

Unfortunately, Lilac was friends with many of his friends. They ran in the same circles and actually moving on involved getting far away from her. He didn't want to give up friendships just because he was in a love with an ice queen who (sometimes) lived to make life difficult.

"Good for you," he nodded at her answer. Jace's new movie was turning out to be a very tight-knit project, and Oz was sort of bummed that he turned down scoring it. Pushing that disappointment from his mind, Oz nodded again as Lilac complained about being there at all; that was the spirit. When they had been on better terms, actually dating one another and happy, he'd had to force her out to some parties, but there were times when he agreed, parties were dumb and sitting on the couch was better. Still, he was glad that her friendship with Ethan had drawn her out.

Then, of course, there was the speech about how they were never getting back together. Oz had lost count of how many times they had spoken those words to each other, the times they had been said with a straight face and then just days—or hours later—it turned out to be an incredibly cruel lie. Some conversation just got in the way of the inevitable, and Oz no longer took her protests so personally. "That's fine," he said, "I don't like you anyway, so."

Another long drag, "you can go right ahead and not date me."

• Love
Reactions: Violet

Cassia Blossoms

When picturing her own future, it mainly involved details that included that of her family and friends. Whether it be still goofing off with Joselyn and Chelsea, spending the holidays with her family or, and most importantly, still being with Aaron and loving each other all the same. Envisioning herself and Aaron living together in house on the beach was easy and pleasant both. All she had to do was close her eyes briefly before looking out toward the sea and visualizing how it would look. "Nothing is imposible," smiled Cassia. The concept of actually living together was more exciting to her than the house, though. It was funny they had been dating for as long and serious as they had and still had yet to live together.

Cassia made a sound somewhere between a snort and a scoff before she playfully smacked his arm once again. "You know you love it, you should be honoured to see the great Cassia Blossoms act." She added dramatically, dropping his hand to raise her own arms, adding to the effect to the majesticness of it all. Even if he didn't come to watch her, which she knew he did, musicals, plays, they were too wonderful to miss out on. The singing, the music, the dancing, just the feeling of sitting in the plush seats of the theatre and watching the performance was exhilarating, almost as exhilarating as actually performing and even more so when loved ones were watching. While Cassia did enjoy acting in films or any television series, she enjoyed being in front of live crowds more than in front of cameras. But her agent insisted on working more on film projects and being able to spend more time with Chelsea and Aaron even for work was very appealing.

"Maybe I will then, I'll even get to see you working as a screenwriter. But then again you might distract me from actually working," She teased him back, winking as she did so.

After knowing Aaron for as long as she had and dating him for two years, she wasn't oblivious to his tone. She sensed the worry in him even as he smiled at her. She, however, was so excited by the prospect of going on tour with her best friend she figured he too would have to be excited about it too, eventually. Her head nodded enthusiastically and grin widened as she spoke vividly about it. "Nothing is confirmed yet, but it is going to be so amazing. I know Jos' next album is going to be amazing and I feel like it's been forever since we performed anything together." Cassia sighed almost dreamily, just thinking about it.

Peeking a look back at him, she pinched her lips. "Are you upset?" She asked because it was all very clear to her despite feeling it would subside. Digging her toe into the sand, she kicked up the grains and watched them spray ahead before a mischevious grin made its way onto her face. She kicked off her shoes, grabbed both his hands and lead him to the shore of the water. "Don't be mad, Ronny." Pouted the actress all before she dropped his hands and splashed the sea water on him.

- - - -

Jason Grizzly

Sharing his ideas and concepts was something that Jace loved to do, though, he was never very good at expressing it vocally. Words from his mouth were always unintelligible, he was always inarticulate when speaking. He found that it was easier to express himself when writing the words instead of saying them, they always came out more eloquent that way. Or as eloquent as possible, it was beautiful enough that people liked it to read his works.

Despite not speaking very well, he was very social and was more than happy to have someone to talk about his work with. It had been a simple stroke of inspiration, nothing at all too detailed, but plenty for him to speak about. With a smile he looked back to his notes, rereading them to refreshen his memory and thought process before saying a word. Of course, it was bound to come out less pretty than his writing, but he wanted it to at least make sense.

"Well, let's see,'" He began, looking away from his inked napkin and back to Chelsea, looking directly into her blue eyes. Eye contact was an important and powerful tool, showing his complete and undivided attention to her and this subject. Jace was typically a scatterbrain, so, it was more so important to him. Focusing on the conversation at hand when the person he was having it with had such ... blue eyes. The pictures taken online did them no justice, he wanted to comment on them, but refrained from doing so. He did not bite his tongue, he spoke about what he wrote, ignoring the fact it was the furthest from his mind. "It is supposed to be about two brothers who struggle to find success in the theatrical world, as they compete with the immense popularity of their peer, William Shakespeare."

A slight snort escaped him as he almost laughed at his own notion of a play. Jace didn't find it amusing because he thought it was horrible, but because he thought it was ridiculous, like many others, if not all his work. Ridiculous and queer were words he often used to describe himself along with his work too. So, it was all right in his book and apparently others too. He set his elbow a top of the counter and rested his chin in his hand, using the senses of both sight and hearing when with her.

"Ah, yes," Jace did chuckle at what she said. "Most artists don't like to hear their character could be improved by anyone, least of all by someone who's not one of them." Sighing softly, he recollected the times he worked under other writers for the experience. Those were trying times. "Is this you subtly saying that you have an idea for the character you'll be playing?" His eyes narrowed in suspicion, yet, lacked an anger, in fact, there was a playful glint in his eyes. "If so, shoot it my way. You're the woman who'll be helping to bring my creation to life. I love improv, even more so, suggestions."

Jace turned his face so that his cheek was no longer resting in his hand, but his chin. He balled up his fist and said quite whimsically. "You have really blue eyes." There was a pause in between while he searched for the perfect words to finish his sudden and strange statement. "Like ice." Was all he came up with.

- - - -

Lilac Morrison

"Yeah, right," Lilac didn't bite her tongue fast enough. Her remark may have sounded conceited, yet it wasn't something she held in vain, but certainty, though, she didn't know how long that would last. She knew Oz, and unlike her, he wasn't as nearly as good at hiding the truth. Lilac was more reserved, able to mask her feelings better, even in front of him. She was an actress, having a skill such as that was highly valuable in her line of work. And while she couldn't read him like a book, she was very close to being able to.

To say what she did, though, was childish and weakening, almost implying that she herself did like him anyway by being irked enough to respond. It was agitating to have any expression besides a cool temper be drawn out when she wanted to hold her resolve. Unfortunately, while she knew Oz his weaknesses, he knew her and her own too. Lilac refused to get caught up in all and followed suit, taking a drag to relax and calculate her next words so she wouldn't sound like a ten-year-old again. Obviously, responding, "I don't like you either" was crossed out.

Exhaling the smoke from her lungs, Lilac frowned at Oz briefly. "Then I won't date you." Was all she could think of as a response, she figured it would end on that note.There was nothing more she could think to say about it, them, their previously romantic relationship. Frankly, there wasn't anything more she wanted to say about it. And for a moment, the brunette had thought to walk away until her eyes caught Zach at the door. At the moment, she had forgotten him and she was bound to ignore him now. How amusing he must have thought it all was.

With a quiet huff, Lilac turned away from him and back ahead. In reality, there was no easy way of breaking apart from the interaction with her ex, or from him in general. They had already left on a sour note the last time, she figured it would probably be best to leave on a good one this time around. They fought often, but it didn't mean Lilac liked it, in truth, she hated it, whether she was the one to instigate it or not. It was so much easier than actually facing the issues though.

"How have you been?" Lilac questioned him, rolling the lit stick between her fingers and peering at him, examining him entirely. Naturally, she was genuinely curious and concerned about his health and wellbeing. How could she not be? Unlike a lot of people, he mattered to her. "And Dexter?" she quickly added, again out of curiosity and hoping it would mean she didn't care in that way about him. "In this heat, I bet he's pretty happy to be hairless." The thought of it was enough to make her ice melt and smile blossom on her face. "I just hope he doesn't get sunburned."

Joselyn Fox

Joselyn's smile gave away her true excitement at the very thought of just what Ethan kept in his garage. Until then Joselyn's attention was devoted towards the rest of the house tour. Turning around so that she was face forward and pausing for a moment to let Ethan catch up to her. She watched him as he passed her to lead the way through the maze of a house, her eyes taking in his casual movements, the older man not giving her any attention, thus making her more interested in him.

Peeking her head into his office, she turned around to face him as he explained his new found interest for a more "serious" role. Her pale lips spreading into a small smirk as she lifted her eyes to meet his. "What do you mean not serious enough? You don't feel serious in tights and a cape?" She teased with a small giggle, lighting up her eyes. It was Ethan's next words that caught the small blonde off guard. It was like he was reading her mind, and he didn't even know it. "I.. totally understand what you mean" She said, a serious tone overtaking her giggles. "I couldn't be more grateful for my fan base.. But I"m 22 years old and I can't even go to a bar without TMZ labeling me a "good girl gone wild" It's exhausting trying to live someone else's idea for my life" She said finishing her look around his well decorated office.

Turning to close the door behind the two she glanced down the hallway and then leaned casually against the door again. "Sorry, maybe that was a little too much information.. Chels says I tend to share too much sometimes.," She said with a sheepish smile over to the A list actor. "Sometimes I ramble when I'm nervous.." She said, with a flush on her cheeks as she realized she was doing it right then. Brushing some of her blonde hair behind her ear she averted her eyes and cleared her throat. "So you want something more serious? That's understandable. Is that the only reason? I mean I can't imagine anyone not taking you serious. You come off as kind of a hard ass.. In the best possible way" She said with another teasing smile to him as he led her down another hallway, the noise of the party just a distant memory as the two explored every inch of the actors impressive house.

-_-_-_

Aaron O'Connor

Aaron's tone gave his true thoughts away, he was never very good at hiding his feelings from Cassia. "I'm not upset, I promise. It's a conversation for another time." He said, pulling the petite girl closer to his chest and planting a kiss on the top of her head. "I just want to enjoy some time with you right now. How often do we get invited to Ethan Conroy's house party?" He joked as she pulled away from his embrace.

He should have seen her next move, seeing as the mysterious smile spread on her face as she pulled him closer to the salty ocean. "Cassia..." He warned as his girlfriend sprayed him with water. "Oh that's it." He said, grabbing her by her waist and spalshing her thighs with water, before letting her get out of his grip. Chasing her around the shallow end of the beach. Splashing her and shielding himself from her advances. "And for the record I'm not mad, but why does my cousin get to steal you from me?" He joked with another spalsh in her general direction. "Listen as long as you promise to come visit me on set.. I could really use your support" He said with a sheepish smile to his girlfriend.

With Cassia planning on leaving for a world tour, it definitely put some doubts into Arron's mind about proposing to her. After all, if she was going to be away for so long.. well, he didn't really want to think about that right now. "But what do you really want for this year?" He asked, a serious question followed by another playful splash in her general direction.

Ethan Conroy

Nine times out of ten, Ethan was people person. There were very few occasions in which he was uncomfortable with being the center of attention, and as his star continued to rise, he only became more acquainted with people hanging on his every word, wanting to be around him and caring for his opinions. Joselyn wasn't one of those people, however, she wasn't the type of girl that asked him a bunch of questions about The Originals, or wanted to know how much money he made, where he might take her if he was ever given the chance. Ethan was sure that it had everything to do with her own success, but he was pleasantly surprised by the fact that she was being…normal with him. He had almost forgotten what that was like.

"Not at all," he said, shaking his head after the blonde apologized for rambling. Oddly enough, he enjoyed the sound of her voice and at the very least, all of her thoughts were connected enough to remain coherent; it was more than he had gotten from some women in the past. The topic moved on once again, and Joselyn continued to reveal parts of herself that Ethan wouldn't have ever guessed were there. Apparently, she understood him rather well, having her own run-ins with expectations that work had put on her. "I hate that," he said, "I can't go anywhere without them taking my picture." Ending up on TMZ just for going to get a coffee was beyond pointless.

There wasn't anything all that interesting about his office besides a few paintings, but they apparently hadn't caught the blonde's attention. It was all well and good, Ethan figured, he wasn't in the mood to talk about art anyway. They ended up back in the hall and the tour continued, the thumping music, which had been overwhelming earlier, was now far off, low enough, so they didn't have to shout. "You think I'm a hard ass?" he chuckled, surprised. Most people reported that he was nice, pleasant, if not a little difficult when he couldn't micromanage everything around him—bless his assistant.

"I'm not that bad," he promised, returning her smile, "just particular." The rest of the rooms weren't terribly impressive, just guest suites or extra baths, a home gym that he saw most mornings, and one of those 'man caves' that had been entirely unnecessary considering he lived alone; the space needed filling somehow.

Chelsea Tate

If an outsider were to judge her posture, it might have looked like Chelsea wasn't interested in a word that Jace had to say. Her chin was propped up on her closed fist, and her legs were crossed, one over the other, pointed away from him so that she could continue to lean against the bar. Her eyes, however, were completely focused on him as he spoke, and she even made a point to lean in, wanting to hear every word he said. After all, they were going to sending quite a bit of time together starting in the next few days, and it wasn't very often that she got a chance to know someone like him personally.

"Ooh, a period piece," Chelsea smiled, speaking of the play. It wasn't necessarily her cup of tea, but she wholeheartedly believed that most creative endeavors needed to be supported, even if they never came to fruiting. Jace was so talented, very much on the rise after his most recent success, that he more or less had a golden ticket to do whatever he wanted. If the movie adaptation of his latest book went well enough, there was no reason to assume that such a trend wouldn't continue.

They moved on from the play, however, and Chelsea sipped at her drink again, smiling when Jace talked about criticism. Creative license was one thing, but interpretation was another and the two processes needed to work in harmony or else that tension would show through in the final cut. Luckily, Jace seemed to be more than open to hearing her ideas. "I have a few ideas," she admitted, "but mostly, I just want to make sure my accent is correct." Having grown up in Albany, Chelsea had worked to make her speaking voice as neutral as possible until something else was required. Her research has included plenty of movies, and a lot of time on Youtube, listening to people talk about the Eagles.

She opened her mouth to speak again but paused when Jace commented on her eyes. "Oh," she chuckled, sure that she was blushing, but hopeful that the low lighting would hide most of it, "thanks." It was juvenile, but Chelsea had always been a sucker for compliments, she hadn't gotten many growing up. "Whenever I hear your name I think of an actual bear," she said, "it kind of fits—cause of your hair and all. A bear might be your spirit animal."

Osbourne Finch

There was always some kind of finality in her words, but Oz knew Lilac well enough to know the difference between seriousness and stubbornness. Had she actually wanted him out of her life, if she were really done with the revolving door that had become their relationship, he wouldn't have had a problem with walking away for good if it were going to make her happy. The truth—or rather, what he thought the truth to be—was that Lilac would rather fight with him and break up over and over again than be with anyone else. She was a constant in his life by then, and though it was possible, the thought of starting over with someone new just felt like too much work. Plus, he loved her—she was a pain in the ass—but she was his pain in the ass.

Puffing on his cigarette again, Oz figured that their conversation was over for the moment and was ready for her to stomp off in her expensive shoes. Lilac stayed, however, choosing to make polite conversation instead. It was a rarity for her, and he raised a curious brow in her direction, unsure of whether or not she really cared about how the last few months had treated him. One thing was for sure, she definitely cared about Dexter; sometimes Oz thought she liked the cat more than she liked him.

"First of all," he said, "I always put sunscreen on him. He's delicate." Some people, mainly Zach, thought that his affinity for the hairless creep that he called a pet was weird, but Oz had always been rather sincere in his affection for Dexter. "I bought him a new shirt the other day. It's one of those Hawaiian things, little buttons on it, palm trees. He loves it." The internet loved it as well, and the Instagram page that he had made for Dexter continued to blow up with each new outfit.

With one last drag on his cigarette, Oz crushed it out in one of Ethan's potted plants that lined the patio. "Other than being the world's most responsible pet parent, I've just been working." There were plenty of his own projects that needed attention, but they sat collecting figurative dust. "You know that girl with the big ass? Always calls the press on herself? She wants to be a signer, I guess. I might produce her first album." Not that he would put his real name on it or anything, but a paycheck was a paycheck.

"What about you?" he asked, turning back to Lilac. "How are you?"

• Love
Reactions: Violet and MaryGold
Cassia Blossoms

tumblr_msz25sfWci1rxc5u5o4_250.gif
She hadn't turned fast enough when Aaron grabbed her by her waist. Cassia was not at all prepared for his retaliation, she hadn't even twisted around before the cool salt water splashed onto her thighs all the while she laughed. Yet, she was able to turn and sprint ahead, of course, having shorter legs made it easy for him to keep up with and again send second splash he sent her way. She was prepared that time of course, turning to the side and letting the side of her dress soak in the water just as the bottom of it had did earlier. It was fun and refreshing to let loose and be childish for little while with her boyfriend, splashing his face and chest with water all while trying to block his advances.

The subtle ocean breeze against her wet clothes cooled her off considerably on this particular warm night. With a knowing smile, Cassia couldn't help but tease a tad more with and eye roll and responded. "Well, I can't help it if it is fries before guys, my love." And returned his splash indolently only a moment before tucking a strand of her curling hair behind her ear. Her smile did soften as she approached him, for the moment she deceased teasing him. "Okay, truce." To verbally prove so, she raised a single hand while laying the other across her chest. I, Cassia Birdie Blossoms, promise to visit Aaron William O'Connor on set frequently."

Dropping her hands, she took his back in her own, squeezing it softly and putting his arm around her shoulders. "I'll support you so much you'll eventually have to tell me to leave. I have too much time on my hands." Cassia sighed heavily, curly her toes in the squishy sand. That was the absolute truth, at the moment, her schedule was completely open. "To be honest, I'm not entirely sure what I'll be doing all this year. My agent wants me to work more on my on screen acting career, which, I wouldn't mind. But I also want to take the time to create a new album and I love the stage." God, did she love the stage. It was more interactive with the audience than being on camera. And she felt that she needed a live audience, Cassia fed off of their energy, thrived for it.

"Hmm, what if I told you I may or may not be able to snag a roll on the CW?" Or as her brother so often liked to call it; "Cringe Warning".

Jace Grizzly
PLL8.gif
The relaxed smile that spread across Jace's face couldn't be help. He was all too aware of his tendency to blurt random things. He was very disorganized, which was half the reason it took him so long to finish one project on his own. The quirky attribute of his scattered but observant brain that connected to his mouth more often than he would have liked, frequently either made him receive strange looks or awkward responses. Chelsea gave him neither. In fact, if he looked close enough and his eyes weren't deceiving him in the low lighting, she was even blushing. He had succeeded in flattering her. Jace felt both pleased and proud of his accomplishment. And they said he couldn't flirt, even if it hadn't meant to be a flirty line.

"Bear, huh?" Jace laughed softly, sitting up in his seat and dropped her hand from holding up his chin. Now that he was seated correctly and his back was straight, he appeared much taller than he was when slouching slightly. "You wouldn't be the first to say that. It is one of the many hardships I have to bear - pun not intended - with a last name like Grizzly." Subconsciously, he reached his fingertips to rub his bare chin while adding. "I did shave though and I did do my hair." And by "do his hair" he simply brushed it back enough only for it to fall back and place and appear somewhat presentable. It was method that the writer was in practice of for special occasions, such as this party. On even bigger occasions, he had it professionally done so he wouldn't embarrass all of his colleagues.

"Griz Bear is a nickname of mine." He had gained it in middle school when he reached his growth spurt. Being tall with his head full of hairs and the prompting surname, it was only a matter of time. As he grew older, he only lived more up to the name in appearance. "I like to think I am more cuddly than a bear though." He mumbled, dropping his hand from his chin and focusing his dark orbs onto Chelsea instead. Truly looking at her, not as Tiffany Maxwell, the character she was to play and the person he'd been viewing her as since the auditions and screening but as Chelsea Tate who had eyes as blue as ice.

"But enough about me. Since we're on that page. What's your spirit animal? We've accomplished mine being a bear." Jace beckoned the bartender over and made the decision to order one more drink for the night, a gin and tonic. He would become acquainted with Chelsea and get to know her, they'd have plenty of time to talk about work later. "My guess is … a horse because they are strongly driven and I might be pulling this out of my ass. We can Google it." He took a sip from his drink as soon as it arrived.

Lilac Morrison
tumblr_mpo9xlOD111su9bs8o2_250.gif
"Good for him." Lilac's smile, though genuine, had reduced a little as she loosened her folded arms beneath her chest. And in truth, she was well aware about Dexter's new style. Lilac was far from the ex-girlfriend's who stalked their exes social media and gossiped about them, she did the exact opposite. But she couldn't help but keep an attachment to the pet of her ex. Couldn't she be considered one of the many followers who adored the creature, felines and animals in general? Because Lilac was. To admit she was keeping an eye on that account aloud, she'd never. Instead, she continued with. "I bet he looks adorable." And she knew he did.

The cigarette between between her fingers was had burned out nearly halfway in the short time she hadn't taken a well-deserved drag from in in the midst of their conversation. Bits of hot ash fell onto her fingers and she dusted it off without so much as hissing before putting what remained of the stick between her teeth. For a brief moment, she thought to tell Oz not to leave the butt of his own cigarette in the pot. Ethan hated cigarettes after all, but she then remembered the fact that he had called her out to this party and couldn't spare a moment to greet her when she didn't even want to come. She hoped he would find the butts himself. After inhaling once more, she did the same.

"A singer?" Lilac blinked her eyes, slowly but surely recalling the woman, certainly not her name, sadly. Connections were next to everything in their line of business and that meant knowing people. Her memory was slightly faulty when it came to people who barely left an impression on. She did remember people she liked and strongly disliked. The woman fell in the latter category. "Well, thanks to autotune, that is possible."

Still, Lilac was glad he'd be working on something even if it wasn't on his own person project, many of which she knew were unfinished and needed attention. Touching on the subject was not something she'd do today or tomorrow, as long as they were both working it'd make it easier to not bump into one another. Oz being friends with both Zach and Jace who played major roles in the production of the film would make it harder.

"Busy." Lilac sighed deeply, nearly grabbing her hair in irritation. "I've been running around to get things ready for the film, including doing other people's job and getting my ass handed to me by the line producer every other day because he hates me." Maybe she was exaggerating a little, but the line producer truly wasn't fond of her. "Oh and I'm certain I'll be seeing a lot of Joselyn Fox because her cousin is assistant screenwriter, her best friend is playing the female lead and Ethan has taken an interest in her. So, as if thing weren't already hard enough, there's that."

Lilac closed her eyes and massaged her temple. "My hair will turn gray by the time of the premiere."

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: neptune