The Feud

Jakob nods, "I did and the fact that the darts seem to kill humans almost instantly. Which could be good for fighting the hunters but we cant have our food source depleated due to the battles." He says not realizing until after he said it that his wording was not the best. "That did not come out quite right." He adds with a bit of an awkward chuckle.

Emily nodded. She heard what he said. Emily blinked. She frowned a bit for a bit.
"How did you mean to word that?"
She was as polite as possible when she asked that. She also tried to be respectful.

"The way I said it made it sound like we only seen the humans in this territory as food. Thats not really true though without people here we would have to move on." He says "its more that at least for me I dont want bystanders getting caught up in our fight."

Emily blinked. She nodded. She moved some more hair out of her face.
"oh i see."
She tried to give a faint smile.
"Predators can not exist without prey and vice versa."
She spoke a thought out loud.

"While that is true, I like to think maybe someday humans wont see us just as monsters and we wont have hide all the time. If both sides cooperate then I am sure we can get along and not have to fear each other." Jakob says not sure how his veiws would sound to another vampire.

"maybe maybe not. Who knows?"
Emily sighed a bit. One could dream.
"Maybe someday."
She shrugged a bit. She tried to give a faint smile. She tried to sound reassuring.

"I mean it wont happen if there is fighting within the vampires like there has been. Honestly I think thats what started the humans fear of us. In the past becuse of the fighting humans where getting caught up in it and a lot of them where being drank to death. It seems like thats the time the hunters began showing up." Jakob says not sure if he was just dreaming that they would not need to hide forever.

Emily frowned. She nodded. She sighed a bit.
"I see."
She walked up to him. She placed a hand on his shoulder. Her smile was faint but very kind. She tried to sound reassuring.
"Maybe someday things will change. Not tomorrow or the day after that or the day after that, but someday."
She looked him right in the eye as she said that. She hoped that her effort to be reassuring worked.

"Maybe, until then though I have to do what I can to make sure my clan is safe. Incuding having to fight those I am not sure should be an enemy." Jakob says knowing eventually he would get involved with fighting other clans. "Times like these clans have to stick together and not fight each other over some petty thing from hundreds of years ago." He says smiling a little at her words. "Thank you, sometimes it helps just to talk with somebody willing to actually listen."

Emily nodded. She'd admit that she felt the same way. She took a breath.
"It does help, doesn't it?"
She gave him a faint smile. She was tempted to hug him gently. But, she held herself back. She feared that that would be a bit inappropriate. She didn't know if he would be comfortable with that or not.

Jakob nods, "well theres still a few hours of daylight left. So we are going to be stuck inside awhile yet, do you want to see the Archives," he asks wanting something to pass the time and knew there would be no issue with her going in the main room.

Emily took a breath. She shrugged a bit.
"Sure."
She gave him a faint smile, or tried to anyway. She continued to speak.
"I suppose we could do that. It would certainly pass the time. I'd certainly agree with that."
She was honest with him. She did not lie.

"Its just down this way, but you have to stay in the main area. My brother would be upset if I let you in the other areas just becuse of what type of stuff we store there." Jakob says as he starts walking, "the main area is like a library though so you may find some interesting books."

Emily followed after him. She nodded a bit. She looked at him as she replied.
"Alright. Very well then."
She understood. She did not argue with him or anything like that. She managed another faint smile. She also didn't want to get him in trouble or anything.
"Perhaps you could he right."
She shrugged a bit.

"That stuffs boring anyway," Jakob says with a chuckle and led the way to the Archive room. "I used to spend hours in here." He says pushing the large door opened and stepped inside the giant room.

Emily listened to him. She nodded at times. She continued to follow him to the archive room. She blinked when he mentioned spending hours in there.
"Really?"
She was honestly curious.

"Yeah, I found that I wanted to lean as much as I could about my new family. That abd it helped destract me when something went wrong. Probly spent a few days in here when our former clan leader was killed." Jakob says walking over to one of the shelves and pulling out a book. "This is a favorite of mine."

Emily blinked. Then, she frowned. She managed a nod.
"i see."
She felt bad for him when he mentioned their former clan leader. She watched him walk over to a bookshelf and continued to listen to him as he continued to speak. She nodded again. She raised an eyebrow though. She was curious again.
"What book is that?"
She wondered what the book was.

Jakob chuckled a bit, and handed the book to her. "Its definitly a classic in my opinion and maybe not something a guy would typically say was a favoite." He says about his copy of Romeo and Juliet. "I think its the idea two people can get along and possibly even fall in live despite everything that is going against them that appels to me.

Emily blinked. She looked at the book. She looked at the title. Then, she looked back at him. She nodded a bit.
"Oh. I see."
She gave a faint smile.
"Too bad it ended so tragically though."
She suddenly frowned.