2. Slow As Molasses
Writing Levels
  1. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. No Preferences
Qwigley; Kotta One; Maitree;
Y - without a name
The Stranger
The way the sunlight danced through the leaves enthralled him, as if inviting him to join in flitting around peacefully. He remembered it so clear, yet so vaguely. The cool shades and the rays he chased, at the back he could hear a voice calling him not to go out too far into the forest while his feet carried him in. Away from the burning sun, away from the warm home that always smelled of bread and stews. Away from that embrace that enveloped him so dearly…

The sun tickled his eyelids, its heat nibbling at his nose ever so gently stirring him awake. Y hadn’t remembered since when his bed had been so warm and soft. The faes liked to sleep in beds made of leaves and twigs, often sticking him here and there and causing discomfort as he couldn’t find enough soft leaves without harming the environment. Bushes were often no option either, with their twigs sticking out and all. The dense soft yet firm substance underneath him was a welcome change and the fabrics draped over him even more so.

And the smell! Sniffing his nose the male twisted and turned in his bed once more, keeping his eyes pinched as he mulled over the smell that he caught. It felt so long ago, so far away…

Flinching the male sat up, green eyes sighting upon the small room he was occupying. It was strangely familiar, yet foreign. Familiar in the sense that he had once seen this before, perhaps not in the exact setting, but at least similar. Somewhere, long, long ago, when he wasn’t a single letter, Y knew.

It was then that everything came back to him. Crawling out of his bed Y pushed his hands over the blankets and the mattress, pushing it up and down to test it as he blinked. He had escaped the forest, he had done it just as he had wished! It was too surreal and the male couldn’t quite believe himself as he lingered around his bed for a few more moments, testing out the bed before judging that it really wasn’t made of soft leaves and moving over to the cabinets.

Stockings, dresses, shirts, pants… So many articles he only remembered the name of from so long ago. Without realising that it might belong to someone, or any consideration of dignity Y pulled out a long slip of fabric, taking it with him as he followed the scent of bread that lured him again. He only now realised how hungry he was, having collapsed from exhaustion before and too fascinated by the place he had ended up at.

It all had been so long, and yet the male had a feeling only days had passed since he entered the forest.

@Greenie

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Greenie

Earlier today...

Sven breathed in the fresh morning air, a smile gracing his lips. Sunrise had always been his favourite time of the day, what with the light breeze and the scent of dew drops on grass and leaves. For the most part he would wake up around dawn, and by the time he had washed up and headed out to chop wood, the sun would be peeking over the horizon. In his opinion, it was worth forgoing extra sleep and leaving the house in time to see the new day come forth. The rising sun reminded him that there was a whole new day ahead of him to discover and learn, to right wrongs, to further himself.

Ten years had passed since that fateful day when he lost his arm, and even now he felt phantom feelings, a twitch that shouldn't be there, an itch, or even a gesture. Even now as he picked up his axe, ready to chop a log of wood, he felt as if his left arm was readying to grab the handle as well. He tried now to show it, and it had gotten much, much easier now. Years past, every feeling would cause him to visibly twitch, and that in turn would cause his sister Leah to feel pain.

After all, she would say, it was her fault.

He shook those thoughts from his mind, occupying himself with his chores. It had taken a good deal of practice, chopping wood with a single arm, but if nothing else, Sven had always been a hard worker filled with determination. It was a good job as well; most people avoided the forest and were happy to pay someone else to chop wood and haul it their way.

It took a couple of hours before Sven finished the day's quota and placed them in his horse-pulled wagon. As he was about to urge the mare forward, he heard his name being called. Turning around, he saw his younger sister by their house's backdoor, holding out a basket as well as something wrapped in a piece of cloth.

"Don't leave without these!" she called out, waving the wrapped object in her arm. "Bread, I know you didn't eat. And this is for Serena, oils and ointments for her shop."

Sven shook his head a little, a chuckle on his lips. "A little fast never hurt a person," he commented as he wandered over to her. "But thank you." He took the wrapped breath, taking in the scent of the tantalizing bread before shoving it in the pocket of his vest. "You know, you could set up shop yourself..."

Leah shrugged. "Why have all that stress on my head? I like being able to pass along what I make and let her deal with customers. I'd rather live a simpler life..." Her voice trailed, clearly distracted by something, her eyes gazing in the direction of the forest. "Sven... look over there."

"What?" He turned as well, and he immediately saw what his sister had seen. A man, collapsed on the ground, right at the edge of the forest. "What on earth..." He set the basket down and quickly made his way out of the fenced yard, pass the horse and wagon, crouching by the man only moments later.

"Hey." The tone was urgent, his sole hand on the man's shoulder, gently shaking it. "Are you alright there?"

At Present...

Sven had returned to his previous chore of delivering firewood, so it was simply Leah in the house. Her mind was abuzz, to say the least. Of all things to come across from the forest, a man? People normally shunned even the animals who came from there, and in fact, she and her brother were considered more than a little odd as they continued to live by the edge of the woods despite the tragedy that had struck them many years ago.

Even as she took more bread out of the oven and busied herself with the task of cleaning the kitchen area, she couldn't help but wonder about the person who now occupied a room in her house. The stories were always the same, of people entering the forest and disappearing. This was a completely different situation. Though she hadn't exactly seen him come out from between the trees, there had been no doubt that was where he had come from; there was no passageway that led before the forests, the last of the road ending by their house. Having judged his visage, both Leah and Sven had come to the conclusion he was a stranger.

Letting out a breath, Leah grabbed the broom from its corner in the kitchen, bent on sweeping away both dust and strange thoughts. Alas, this lasted no more than a couple of minutes. She had been so intent with her sweeping that she hadn't noticed the footsteps on the cobbled floor until the young man they had picked up was now entering the joint kitchen and dining room.

"Oh, you're up already!" Still a little shocked but relieved that he was doing well, Leah let the broom lean against the wall as she walked over to the man, smile wavering when she saw what was in his hands. Apparently he was well enough to go fiddling about in her wardrobe without any permission. Well, she would forgive him this time.

"Uh... sit down, please?" She pulled a chair out for him by the kitchen table. "You must be hungry, I'll bring you some food. Must have been a long journey, wherever you came from..." Reaching for the chemise he'd taken hold of, she deftly pulled it away as she gingerly patted his arm. "Sit down!"

It wasn't long before she had a plate set up on the table with slices of bread, cheese and apples ready for him to devour, along with cool water pulled the day before from the well, spiked with some herbs that would hopefully revitalize him.

"Go ahead then," she urged, sitting down herself. "Eat up!"

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Nemopedia
Y - without a name
The Stranger
The spell of familiarity was broken the instant a strange female came into view. She was nothing he knew, dark eyes and dark hair. Her voice was off and so was the look in her eyes that spelled ‘stranger’. Y just stared, his mind whirring hard on where he was and who she was. He had thought himself to be home, but there was someone else. Someone that didn’t belong, or perhaps it was he who didn’t belong.

And yet she treated him so familiarly, urging him to sit down and to eat. The male let it all happen, letting go of the fabric he held in hands as the female pulled it away. He still stared at the female, wondering and staring as his mind turned and turned. Was she one of them? Or was she like him? Or something entirely else? He felt wary, wondering if she could be trusted. It was easier when he was a child. So much easier to trust, but it was also what had him doomed all these years ago.

It was only when everything was set in front of him that Y looked away, down to the plate offered to him. It was only then that he realised how hungry he was. Uncertain he reached out for the food. As if his fingers were tasting it first, barely touching it as he weighed his options. Licking his lips Y turned his green eyes towards the stranger again, forcing himself to not to dive in. It was not worth the risk.

“Where am I?” his voice was throaty and dry, making that glass of water all the more tempting. However, he had to make sure that he was out of the forest first. He had to know the rules of this place. He couldn’t afford childhood innocence to doom him again.

Then, reminding himself of another rule Y scraped his throat again, trying to quickly force the words out of him: “I would appreciate the information.”

Simple rules, they were all simple rules. However, the consequences were too big.

Last edited:
  • Love

It was tempting to reply teasingly with a "You're in my house, silly" but Lea thankfully knew better than that. The poor man, despite his fainting episode earlier, seemed relatively fine and in his wits. She couldn't imagine him feeling pleased with a joke at this point in time, when his question was clearly sincere.

Glancing at the glass of water, she gingerly pushed it closer to him before speaking up. "You're in the village named Aspen, by the edge of the forest." She looked at his face, trying to persuade her mind to place him among the other villagers. It wasn't like there were too many of them; everyone knew each other, even if they didn't share words. However, her mind was coming up with a big blank in regards to his face.

"You just came out of nowhere," she started, crossing her arms lightly as as she rested them on the table. "Well, not nowhere... the only place you could've come from was the forest." A small crease showed itself on her forehead as she continued. "No one ever comes out of the forest. Even as children we're told to keep away, because anyone who goes in is lost forever. But then there's you." She had the look of someone trying to read another person's mind; thankfully she herself realized this and looked to her hands instead, which were busy gently tapping her elbows.

"What's your name?" she asked, deciding that was a simple enough question.

• Love
Y - without a name
The Stranger
“Aspen…” Y repeated the name to himself, testing it out in his own mouth as he hoped for some spark of recognition. No more memories came to him, however and Y was left longing to a time he couldn’t remember.

“The forest?” Suddenly realising something the male perked up, pushing himself up as he turned his head towards the doors. A sudden dizzy spell took him, making Y stumble before he grabbed hold of the edge of the table and straightened himself up.

“Do you mean?” he tried, eyes turning towards the strange woman as he stared at her in disbelief. No pointy ears, kind and warm eyes, human, most importantly human.

Y had a hard time piecing together his thoughts, his head still swirling, both from hunger and exhaustion, but also sudden realisation.

“I did it?” he slumped down onto the stool, green eyes still filled with surprise before he grabbed the woman by the shoulders. “I did it?” he questioned, but it wasn’t directed at the human. Shaking the female Y’s face finally turned into a smile as his lips trembled.

“I’m…” Thinking himself free Y was eager to test out his new freedom, but his smile faded away as soon as it had appeared.

“I’m…” loss glazed over the male’s face again as he realised that he might have physically escaped, but there was still a loss that he hadn’t managed to regain.

“Y, call me Y,” he finally responded in defeat.

"Hey wait!" Lea cautioned when the young man stood up so suddenly. Just as she suspected, he had to steady himself to remain upright. She was tempted to stand up and make sure he was actually doing alright, but it was clear all this was very overwhelming to him, and she didn't want him to panic or anything of that sort.

"Y?" she finally repeated, once he seemed to have gotten over his short spell of happiness. Gently taking hold of his hands and setting them down to his lap, she decided to continue speaking. "That's an easy enough name to remember. So is mine, I'm Lea."

The brighteness of his eyes and smile having faded wasn't something she took particularly well though. "Is it really that then?" she asked, seeing no two ways about getting around the subject. "You came out of the forest. How is that even possible..." She paused as she looked him over, wondering whether she should ask. Sven would probably not, he was all about tact.

"What is it like in there?" Tact was lost on her, unfortunately, and when Lea was curious about something, it was hard to stop her from seeking answers. She could practically hear Sven scolding her, telling her to apologize and change the subject. But, he wasn't here. "Also... you really should eat, you know."

• Bucket of Rainbows
Y - without a name
The Stranger
Perhaps he wasn’t out of the forest yet and only thought he was. However, that wouldn’t explain the village and the humans here. Or perhaps they were also living a lie, unaware that they were stuck in the forest. Or perhaps to just him, as part of another plot.

Feeling panic rising up again the male looked around, trying to look for a sign of what was true. Outside of the windows he couldn’t see trees, only air and in the horizon another hut.

Turning his face back to Lea, as the brunette was called, Y grabbed hold of her shoulders, his eyes suddenly stern.

“Never share your name,” he whispered to her, his hold growing firmer before letting the female go. “The forest will take it away,” Y continued, eyes casting down at the bread that had been served to him.

How long had it been since he last ate? Y couldn’t remember, but he knew himself to be hungry. Casting one more wary look at Lea he picked up the bread, taking a bite out of it. First slowly, then slowly he started to shove the food into his mouth faster, until he realised that his mouth was too dry and he needed water.

Coughing, for he had eaten too fast, Y finally managed to work down the amount to his stomach. “The forest,” he started over again, eyes squinting at the door. “I don’t know,” he finally admitted. In a sense it was true. What happened in the forest, what was inside of the green, it was hard to describe.

“I was gathering moss for the beds, then I saw the roofs of the village and ran away,” Y explained, green eyes still cast at the door. “Next thing I know I woke up here.” He remembered something, running, being chased, the fear of being found and then escaping. He could somehow feel the distance between him and the forest, a feeling of liberation, but also emptiness.

“I need to go back,” Y spoke, surprising even himself.

• Nice Execution!

Things seemed to be going rather well, given the circumstances, until the man who called himself Y seemed rather disturbed by Lea mentioning her name to him. She blinked once, then twice, and then a third time; unsure what to say to that, she remained silent, simply watching Y eat. At least he's doing that... now how to convince him that he isn't in the forest? Maybe take him to the other side of the village?

Her thoughts were interrupted when he began to speak once more... and said the most outrageous thing she had heard since his arrival.

"Wait a moment there," she snapped, standing up and smacking her hands against the table, not really worried about scaring the man by her display. "No one- no one- leaves the forest, Y! I just told you that. And you're saying you need to go back? Do you have a reason or are you going a little mad? Well?"

Sven had spent most of the morning as per usual, delivering the firewood he had chopped earlier and collecting his wages. He nearly forgot the delivery he had promised Lea he would give to Serena. The older woman was as nosy as always- somehow it had already reached her ears that the siblings had collected someone on their land, someone who could only have come from the forest.

You need to get rid of it! Serena had insisted as she had grabbed the package intended for her. "Nothing good comes from there!

Sven had been dubious of her words. She liked spinning tales and airing gossip as well as dirty laundry whenever possible; it was too bad she was actually a good business woman and sold Lea's products easily. "He's not an it," he had replied calmly. "A young man, perhaps Lea's age, perhaps a little younger or older. Harmless and in need of care. Any good and charitable person would be remiss to simply leave him out like that."

"You just watch your back, Sven! I'm warning you. When will you two learn? First the fire, then your arm..."

Tuning out people's comments was something Sven was used to, unlike Lea, so he didn't take what Serana said to heart. Once his deliveries were done, he decided to head back home as see how the young man was faring.

He certainly didn't expect to see his sister up in arms when he entered the house.

"Lea?" He looked between her and the young man. "What's going on?"

• Love
Y - without a name
The Stranger
Y flinched at the sudden smack to the table, the female rising up with a fire brimming out of her as if she was determined to keep him out of the forest no matter the cost. Once upon a time Y had encountered a similar determination, but with Lea the determination gained form and a voice.

”Do you have a reason or are you going a little mad? Well?"

Green eyes flinched as Lea asked the question. Was he? Y wasn’t sure himself, but chances were that he was indeed mad.

The tension in the room didn’t get any better when another figure stepped into the room. A male, older than either of them were with long hair and a stern face. Blinking Y was grateful for the lack of fire in this person, appreciating the calm that he radiated as he questioned what was going on.

“I-” Y started, not sure how to start his story without sounding even more crazy. He had come from the forest, without his name, without any clue on where he was and where home was. There were too many gaps and loose ends, but it all traced back to the damn forest again.

“The forest, I need to go there, I’m still there,” he stammered out.

Great, now he definitely sounded crazy.

“What I mean,” he quickly tried to explain himself, eyes shifting over to Lea as he rose up his hands. As if afraid to be jumped at again. “I mean to say that…” trying to look for his words and pick them carefully, though it was difficult since he had never expected himself to get out of the forest.

“The forest still has something of mine, something I really need,” he mumbled, eyes shifting between the pair as he hoped that they would understand.

A wind blew through the house, from the opening past the older male, caressing the cheek of Lea before going to Y, latching on the word he said. Subtly the wind carried itself out again, leaving behind the rustling of the leaves and blowing into the laundry drying in the sun, towards the border of the forest where it delivered its message.

Y was none the wiser.

• Spicy
  • Love
Reactions: Jays and Greenie

Lea was about to spurt out an answer, but Sven held up his hand, his ice blue eyes looking at the strange man who seemed to have stirred his sister's ire. "Calm down, Lea," he said calmly, though there was a hint of sternness there that caused the latter to let out a small sigh and sit back down. A little relieved that she hadn't decided to simply throw her rage at him next, he closed the door behind him, shivering slightly at the hint of breeze as he closed the door behind him.

Silence reined as he meticulously took off his boots, setting one after the other by the door side. Once that was done, he headed over to a basin of water, quickly washing his hands and face, which he carefully dried with a towel set to the side of the kitchen counter. All of his slow and deliberate action wasn't simply because he lacked an arm. He was as cool headed as his sister was hot, and he figured a little time to calm down was probably good not just for her but for the young man as well.

"Alright," he finally said as he headed over to the table, settling down on the third chair. "Pour me some water please, and tell me what's the matter."

"He wants to go back to the forest," Lea grumbled as she complied to her brother's request. "Apparently there's something he needs that's there. His name is Y, by the way." Saying that, she pushed the cup of water before her brother.

"I see," Sven replied, taking hold of the glass as he nodded to Y. "Pleased to meet you, you may call me Sven." He took a sip of the water before continuing. "Why exactly do you have to go to the forest? What's there?" A slight crease marred his forehead, though his words remained calm and his stance still relaxed. "I'm sure Lea must have told you the village's thoughts towards the forest."

• Bucket of Rainbows
Y - without a name
The Stranger
Y nodded at Sven, gulping his nerves down as he gripped the tablewood. “Yes, I’m aware,” he responded clippedly. He remembered all of the warnings. The ones he had been told as a child. The ones he heard inside, and here at the table from both his helpers.

None reversed that what had already happened and was lost.

“It might sound strange,” Y started, wincing at the ‘might’ as he was well-aware that it was definitely strange. Even at the young age he entered the forest at he had known. “But the forest is still holding me hostage. Or at least part of me,” the male continued, eyes focussed on the grains of the wood. He didn’t dare to look up, fearing that he wouldn’t be believed.

Blinking his eyes the male took in a sharp breath. “My name isn’t Y, that is what the forest gave me,” he finally admitted.

Carrying its message the wind blew its words into the forest, whispering it for all to hear. Trails of golden lights travelled all over the forest, crossing through each other and forming a spiderweb of lines. Animals turned their ears, spirits followed the light trailing out of the forest. Birds fell silent and even the crickets respected the newly found focus of the forest.

Sven-&-Lea.png
Lea shook her head once more. She didn't understand what Y was saying. How could the forest be holding him hostage if he was right here, sitting at their table, clearly out of the forest?​
Sven however was listening quietly, and it was hard to make out what exactly he was thinking. Hand to his chin, his ice blue eyes watched Y carefully. The young man seemed fine, perhaps a little shaken, but he clearly seemed to believe what he was saying- Sven didn't believe there was anything wrong with his mental status. Of course, who really knew about that though?​
"Is it worth going back in if you don't know whether you'll be able to come back out again?" he asked, letting out a small sigh. "When you say the forest... what do you mean? Trees? Animals?" He leaned forward in his chair, eyes rather piercing. "Or something else altogether perhaps?"​

• Bucket of Rainbows
Y - without a name
The Stranger
They didn’t know. Feeling a sudden emptiness crashing over him the male let the realisation sink in, his stomach heavy and his throat dry. They didn’t know. Of course they didn’t. How could he expect them to know? He had barely known.

At Sven’s question Y nodded fervently, as if it was moving by itself. “Yes,” he breathed, sounding just as convinced of the importance to venture back. Why that was, despite not being entirely sure of why he had to go back went beyond his head. Though the question could also be reversed. Why was he stuck within the forest for so long otherwise? Why had they managed to keep him in for so long if it wasn’t of great importance?

“It is everything,” Y explained, his eyes shifting towards the window. He could see the forest outside, feel it watching, whispering. “Everything that is inside of there,” he clipped, a question brewing within him.

Suddenly getting up the male paced over to the window, shutting it close as he checked if the door was secured. Tensing up Y let go of a breath as he turned around to the siblings. “The forest probably wants me back,” he announced sternly.

Lamb
Forest Spirit
Working herself to the front of the circle Lamb gaped at the sea of leaves on the ground. Healthy leaves as big as her face were floating down to the ground from the old tree. The mighty tree that always remained green no matter the season. The old tree from which the roots knew all secret corners within the forest, from which everything had flowed from. The tree that was history itself.

“What happened?” she asked the sprite next to her, though it didn’t seem to be much wiser on what had happened.

Whispers went around, each one carrying a piece of a greater story. The fae were mentioned, having lured something from outside in. Lamb wondered what it could have been that upset the old tree so much. After all, she had come from outside and all had been fine.

Pushing through the proud figures of the faes gathered underneath the tree in a fashion only they dared to show. Their usual mischief was replaced by a foreboding darkness as they pushed one single fae forward, equally as proud as the rest, but also scared.

And as she started her story the crowd held in their breath in disbelief.

• Bucket of Rainbows
sven-lea-png.171332

Lea stood up, seemingly riled as she smacked her hands against the table, her blue eyes following after the one who called himself Y. "I don't understand," she replied, once again shaking her head in disbelief. "So what if the forest wants you back? Why must you go just because some trees or animals or what not want you back? You're a person, and clearly you've managed to escape from there. It makes absolutely no sense." She ended her words with a huff, crossing her arms over her chest as she turned and stomped out of the kitchen.​

Sven sighed, watching her leave. "My apologies, she's always had a bit of a temper." He scratched at his fore-arm, feeling a dull and almost non-existent old pain from where his arm once was. "Though... you can understand why we may be feeling a little testy about the subject. We have lived at the edge of the forest our whole lives, and many believe we are cursed due to this."​

He paused, looking away from Y and down at the table instead. There was a look of resignation on his face as he lifted his left arm, showing where it ended abruptly at the elbow. "We were barely out of childhood when we lost our parents to a fire in this very house- my arm was caught and rendered useless when I saved Lea from being burned along with them. That... calamity was blamed on us living at the edge of the village next to the forest."​

Letting his arm back down, he looked to Y once again. "I think it's fair to say that the forest, whether responsible for what happened or not, is a rather strange place one has to remain cautious of. I urge you to stay at least the day and reconsider... or at least regain your strength." He paused a moment, brow furrowing. "Can you remember anything from when you were there? Any other people? Anything... unnatural?"​

• Bucket of Rainbows
Y - without a name
The Stranger
He was startled by Lea’s outburst, his voice disappearing as she flared up and demanded her answers. Sven followed soon after, though much calmer in tone but still urgent. It was was then that Y looked down at the man’s arm for the first time. Gone, just like he had said and Y gasped at the realisation and sight of it. How had he not noticed it before; the elephant in the room?

“I lost something important,” he responded, feeling as if his throat was swelling up as he spoke. Though he couldn’t quite tell why that was. “Without it the forest can still claim me,” he continued breathlessly. He couldn’t speak the word, couldn’t utter that what he had lost, but he knew what it was and that it was important. Frustration building up Y wondered if it was part of the contract the forest had with him.

“It will try to claim me again. Soon.” Feeling restless Y tapped his fingers on the table, his eyes shifting over to the shut window and doors. He could almost sense it, the trees were whispering, the leaves felt restless in the wind. The forest was stirring.

“Don’t tell them your names and don’t say that I’m here,” Y whispered to the pair of siblings, leaning forward a little so that only Sven and Lea could hear. “They may look human, but they aren’t. They aren’t.” Stressing an emphasis on the last part Y’s eyes seemed to grow almost feral, the green flashing a little brighter as he warned and remembered his own mistakes.

“They will lay traps and play tricks to bind a contract, especially with children, but don’t be mistaken. Their intentions aren’t so innocent.” His whisper grew hoarser as he tried to fight the urge hard to raise it and the emotions that came with.

Lamb
Forest Spirit
Why, the forest seemed to be in quite the perilous state having lost something so valuable with the faes. A smile played across her face, delight setting in her eyes as she turned to the sprite next to her.

“Serves them right, not?” she spoke, but only got a mocking eyeful back. Didn’t seem like they agreed. However, it was of no matter. The faes had displeased the forest and now it was up to them and the rest to make it right, whoever could would do. Lamb was all too eager to take away that glory from the noble and cocky folk that shared the forest with her.

“I don’t understand what one human can do, but if it is important to the forest it is important to me,” Lamb spoke thoughtlessly again to the sprite. Once more she got a roll of the eye and the silent treatment. By now Lamb figured that there was no use in expecting an answer from her neighbour, but it felt good to express her thoughts.

Stretching her muscles Lamb turned around, face heading into the direction she had appeared from so long ago. If it was human it couldn’t hurt to see if it had tried to go back.

A yawn escaped her before she waved at the sprite, once more ignored. “I’m off, may the fastest win,” she smiled ignoring the sprite’s attempt in ignoring her before she skipped off.

• Bucket of Rainbows