The Hyperkind (Original Characters + Original Story in Marvel Cinematic Universe)

How should this be played?

• After Infinity War

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Before Infinity War

• Time Travel

• Standalone

Votes: 7 100.0%
  • Pre-MCU events

• Total voters
O

OppositeInverse

Original poster

newmarvelstudioslogo.jpg

Something is coming.

9l8j.gif

The Universe is filled with all kinds of life. Some more advanced than others, some more aware, more kind, more compassionate, and some... more perilous. Vile. Pained. Tarnished, and in turmoil. For eons the Watchers have observed the universe in all its glory, and all its crusades. The time of the Celestials have not been long forgotten, the gods among the mortalkind who act as though they themselves are the rulers and defilers of their own fates. The things we don't know that we don't know have constantly driven the life force of the cosmos for billions of years, but now... seemingly a tiny speck in time and space, things are beginning to shift. The course is becoming more and more astray as the starts and galaxies on end become nothing more than a conflux of anomaly and defiance of convention. Something was disrupting the balance of reality, and whatever it was... it was monumental, felt by the lives of trillions, and even among the higher forms of life as the Elders, Watchers, and perhaps some of the more ancient ones. However, destiny always arrives, and with it, the providence of a perfect machination of purpose. There are some among the universe that heed these calls of greater influence, whether they choose to or not. These individuals once obscured to their world will now become a part of something bigger. Fate will align their potential together in a mix and sense of calling, one that will need to be fulfilled in order to correct the balance of life as they knew it. Planets begin to corrupt, and life begins to falter in waves larger than was a normalcy, and it all traced back to a single message. A message that would shape the future for many people, and many moments to come. The Message was: "Eternal."

This is sort of the vague premise of the original RP and story that will take place in the MCU. Characters are encouraged and are free to be OC's with their own set of powers and skills / abilities. This is to offer a fresh take on a RP while very much being a fandom to the MCU which I'm huge fangal of. You can choose your characters own abilities and powers, BUT BE WARNED that if they come off as too OP or I get the impression you'll focus on gary/mary sues as opposed to a real nuanced character that is all about development then you probably won't be accepted. I don't mind unique or even strong powers, but if it makes no sense then you'll probably be denied. Feel free to use some MCU events or lore to add to your characters backstory if you'd like, or create an original story for yourself. Still nailing down the story arcs and details of antagonists and such, but if you guys have any questions / concerns feel free to let me know! I'd love to hear input and ideas as well!

And yeah if you're interested respond
full

• Love
Reactions: Mook-LandStrider
@Uncle Legens Legentis
interested me boi? I might pop in.

Some questions:

What sort of post speed are you expecting out of the players?

What is the post expections? Do you want like a few paragraphs or something more specfic?

Myself I don't know much about the Marvel Universe. How much of the soruce material will you be using and how much will we need to know of it?

Reactions: OppositeInverse
@Uncle Legens Legentis
interested me boi? I might pop in.

Some questions:

What sort of post speed are you expecting out of the players?

What is the post expections? Do you want like a few paragraphs or something more specfic?

Myself I don't know much about the Marvel Universe. How much of the soruce material will you be using and how much will we need to know of it?
Anywhere from at least once a day, to the more you can post the better. The slowest I'd expect for this RP is around once every two days.

Content doesn't have to be a novel or essay level. At least a couple of cohesive and advancing paragraphs will be okay. Absolutely won't take any one-liners, or small sentence postings though.

And if you don't know MCU Lore that's okay, as the plot won't necessarily directly tie in or anything. There may be a few easter eggs of references, but if you don't know MCU events and history that's okay the story and characters will be original anyways. I'm personally only using some MCU lore to tie into my character's backstory. I'll definitely stay true to the MCU and even if you don't know anything solid I won't allow creation of new meta / godmodding things like superior races or items / objects.

Reactions: MagnoliaSweet
Anywhere from at least once a day, to the more you can post the better. The slowest I'd expect for this RP is around once every two days.

Content doesn't have to be a novel or essay level. At least a couple of cohesive and advancing paragraphs will be okay. Absolutely won't take any one-liners, or small sentence postings though.

And if you don't know MCU Lore that's okay, as the plot won't necessarily directly tie in or anything. There may be a few easter eggs of references, but if you don't know MCU events and history that's okay the story and characters will be original anyways. I'm personally only using some MCU lore to tie into my character's backstory. I'll definitely stay true to the MCU and even if you don't know anything solid I won't allow creation of new meta / godmodding things like superior races or items / objects.
I'm not sure I will be bale to keep on with a post every couple of days. I am normally better with slower RPs. Though if you change that do let me know as I am interested. I would suggesting getting a Discord for the RP. I seen RPs last longer with that a means of communication for OOC.

I'll throw my hat in the ring. I'm a huge MCU fan

• Love
Yes, yes, count me in.

• Love