Genres
Fantasy, Romance, Historical, Modern
Redistribution of Newgarde

Created by Duchess & HellHoundWoof
xv3OwN.jpg
xv3hWO.jpg
xv3Clm.jpg

The Former Dynasty

Newgarde is old and proud as well as stubborn in their ways. In the early years, many kings rose and fell, but a lasting dynasty could never be attained. A son would take from a father or a brother would take from a brother. It had been a land of greed and irony. Finally, a mighty king rose who was determined to unite all of them under one flag and one house. His name was King Armin. He began the dynasty that lasted for a thousand years. His bravery has unfortunately been lost to time and many fail to remember his name. His ancestors no longer worship him as they once did. The last king of his line was a man who should have never been king as he never wanted to the crown, but he enjoyed the power, thus earning the kiss of death. While the factions have begun to hold more sway in Newgarde recently, most of the history of King Armin’s line has been destroyed or hidden, many of the nobles mumble about the Great Cleansing of their country.

History of the Factions

When Newgarde was formed there was a simple feudal system in place. Over time, however, the kingdom grew restless in their current positions. Nobles were overthrown and minor oligarchies would form between a few families to rule as the nobles had done. If the noble hadn’t been killed then many times they would be used as a puppet. Eventually, these factions grew in numbers and took over the aristocracy, forcing the then king’s hand in intervening. It was easier to be friends with the factions leaders instead of picking a battle with them. From the early years, three primary factions emerged; Ebon, Paladin, and Interference.

Ebon is the first and oldest. They’re renowned for producing the best spies and assassins in all the kingdoms. Many still serve under nobles as their spymasters or mercenaries. They’re the most reserved of the three factions.

Paladin is the youngest and often the most reckless. They’ll serve their leader until their dying breath. While Ebon may lurk in the shadows, the Paladins are often found in broad daylight attempting to pick a fight. They’re who you want to defend you in battle, but gods forbid they turn on you.

Interference is considered to be a faction of Ebon as they broke away after the early years. They’re known for producing some of the best leaders of the continent, but with leadership comes a price, so their numbers have been dwindling down for years. Many of this faction have begun to intermarry with the other factions as well as the common citizens. If they’re able, they’ll marry into the aristocracy to elevate their position further.

How the Revolution Began

Nobody ever expected for the factions to come together. It’d been a rocky relationship for years, but the kingdom was stable, or it appeared stable. More and more common people turned to the leaders they trusted because these were the men and women in the dirt with them, not their king who sat on a plush pillow all day. It wasn’t easy to forge an alliance suited for everyone, but eventually, one was settled upon. There was strength in numbers after all and the kingdom now backed them. It was easy to pick off the sympathizers. It was easier to slaughter nobles in their sleep. Battles were fought in the thickest part of the summer, the stench of rotting bodies filled the country as parchment was passed around among the camps to figure out if a loved one or friend had perished. It was a long battle to the palace, but casualties were low and Ebons had been serving within the walls for years. The factions already had chosen their new ruler; one of them. He was young, a family man with no money to his name. An easy prop for their new vision. He would lead them into their final battle to their new home.

It was the beginning of October when they reached the walls of Arlcliff Palace...

Skeleton

General Information::

Full name:

Nickname:

Sexuality:

Relationships::

(Please feel free to plan ahead and add it here!)

Family::

Mother:

Father:

Brothers:

Sisters:

Other Information::

Personality: (This can be brief, but please make it a minimum of 5-6 sentences.)

History: (I would like a minimum of three paragraphs with at least 5-6 sentences in each.)

Job: (What do they do for the faction or kingdom?)

Dislikes: (*points above*)

Appearance:: (Real pictures only or fantasy style. No anime.)

Appearance:

Ebon

• Leader (Open for more but max of two, the factions originally ruled as an oligarchy)

• Anyone else (Second-in-Command, Advisors, their council, Soldiers, regular civilians)
Interference

• Two Leaders (One taken by @Duchess)

• Second-in-Command

• Spymaster
Paladin

• Leader (Open for more but max of two, the factions originally ruled as an oligarchy)

• Anyone else (Second-in-Command, Advisors, their council, Soldiers, regular civilians)
Royals

• Eldest Princess

• All Iwaku rules apply.
  • Respect everyone, please. I will kick you out if you start unnecessary drama. I also will not accept any godmodding
    or anything of that nature.​
  • Two characters max for everyone.​
    I will personally only RP one character because I know my writing will suffer, so if you feel the same then there is no pressure.​
  • Be interesting.
  • I am chill with anything and everything except for graphic sex scenes. We’re going to fade to black like a movie.
  • Once a week for posting is all I’m asking and I’ll probably make a GM post every two weeks or when I feel it’s necessary.
  • Two-three paragraphs, minimum. I’m an English major so I know what a real paragraph looks alike and I’ll gladly call you out.
  • ASK QUESTIONS!​
    I didn’t give a ton of information because I don’t like wading through it (or writing it because it would take me years), so please ask me questions.​
  • OUR world.​
    We create it together, so I welcome any suggestions. I promise you I don’t bite, I just might respond really slow.​
  • A HUGE, HUGE thanks to everyone and especially Kat for making it look so pretty! I hope everyone enjoys it!
  • I would also like everyone to send me a truth, a lie, and a rumor (that may or may not be true) about their character. I’m going to distribute these randomly to everyone through PM but they won’t know what’s a truth or a lie.
  • P.S. the password is "Benny"​

1. Humans do not possess any type of magic but there are certainly creatures roaming the woods of Newgarde and I wouldn't advise going in them alone once it gets dark.
2. The hierarchy of the factions is as follows:

1. Leader(s)
2. Second-in-Command
3. Advisors who would be similar to Lords (Usually higher ranking members of the army)
4. The Council (a judiciary/congress type of people. They’re the only ones elected by members of the faction, but they don’t hold too much power)
5. Regular soldiers
6. Everyone else

3. This is high fantasy.

4. The beginning of the RP will take place during the final battle of the revolution before a time-jump. Hound and I have to set the stage for chaos.

@HellHoundWoof @Kat @Akashi @~Dark Disney~ @Vaie

• Love
Reactions: junebug
Hey friends! I’m gonna be posting my skellie sometime tomorrow so everyone can see my character. If you have any questions please throw them my way. I’ll probably be going back in and fixing a few things so yeah. c:

General Information::

Full name: Johann Neitzman

Nickname: N/A

Sexuality: Straight

Relationships::

As of yet, no relationship.

Family::

Mother: Deanna Highfell

Father: Gregorius Neitzman

Brothers: None

Sisters: Kimmie Neitzman (18)

Other Information::

Personality:
Usually coming across as a stern man, Johann is quick with a witty comeback, and his stoic features belie a humour inside, one which is quick to ignite, and infectious when heard. His time spent with the Paladins has done nothing to sober his idealistic view of the world, though he can be a ruthless tactician and fight like the devil when required.

History:
Born the bastard son of a Paladin and a minor noblewoman, Johann was raised in a sequestered village by his mother. She had renounced her nobility and lived life as a simple villager, but young Johann always felt as though he was destined for something bigger. Through childhood, he was always in trouble for picking fights, usually over one meaningless thing or another. By the time he turned 14, his mother had married and his younger sister was born. He immediately bonded with her, looking after her more than his mother.

At 16, Johann was approached by a Paladin, someone who claimed to be a friend of his fathers. This man told him that his father had been killed in action, and that his final words were to find him and reveal his heritage. Confused, Johann went home that night and confronted his mother, who broke down in tears and told him everything. He was the son of Gregorius, a general in the Paladin army. Gregorius had swept her off her feet and they shared a brief few years together, culminating in Johann's birth. Being such a prominent figure in the Paladins, Gregorius had convinced her to leave the capital, go into hiding, so that Johann would not become a target for malicious parties. Johann spent a sleepless night thinking over all the information he had been given. The very next day, he approached the local militia training hall and requested tutoring.

Five years later, a now 21 year old Johann left his village, after a teary farewell to his younger sister and his mother. He travelled to the Paladins stronghold and joined their ranks. Over the next few years, he saw many skirmishes, fought many times over. Saw friends bleed for their country and die for their cause, yet he remained true to himself, and to the Paladin code. He advanced through the ranks faster than any other soldier, reaching the rank of General by the age of 30.

In the last two years, Johann served the leader of the faction, leading skirmishes against invaders and assisting in strategy planning, where he displayed excellence and a cunning mind. Recently, the Paladin leader passed away, having been mentor to both Johann and his father. Right before he passed, he bequeathed the rank of leader to Johann, in a shock move that divided the hierarchy of the order. However, his first order of business, quelling a rebellion in their own region, was a rousing success, eventually swaying the council to unanimously back him.

Job:
Johann has recently become leader of the Paladins, the youngest in recorded history.

Intelligent conversation, witty banter, training, tactical advising, archery.

Dislikes:
Oppression, secrets, boorish companions, being told not to do something.

Appearance::

e67503ce8195610c46090ad4506c5e57.png

• Love
Reactions: Duchess