Invitation Status
  1. Look for groups
  2. Looking for partners
Posting Speed
  1. 1-3 posts per week
  2. One post per week
  3. Slow As Molasses
Online Availability
My time zone is Mountain Standard Time. I work a very stressful job, and am usually busy.
Writing Levels
  1. Intermediate
  2. Adept
  3. Advanced
  4. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. No Preferences
Genres
I don't have a favorite genre. I can role-play under any genre and I enjoy doing so. Though, I tend to stray more towards Fantasy, Modern, Scifi, Drama, Magical, Supernatural, and Romance (BL/Hetero/GL).
BUNTING_RGB.png

The Monster Mash Festival

It has been a long jubilant week for the realm of Nautchwald. For the past six days joyous cheers echoed through out the streets late into the night as everyone was well into the energy of the Monster Mash. The whole community was in good spirits, but were ready for the return of their daily routines. Today going to be a glorious day of closure for everyone, as it was the final day of the week long event. The end of the festivities would be starting off with a celebratory community feast, and would end with a magical light show of fireworks. A literal bang if you will. Still the day brought many things to do before such a wonderful display, and our cast finds themselves enjoying the fun.

As the sun began to peek from the horizon and bless the realm with it's warms rays, the city slowly began to spring back to live. Birds sang their morning tune, and the early rising citizens of Nautchwald began to make ready themselves for the new day. Soon enough the streets were starting to fill with people as they made their way to Yeager Hall, a large community building made to house participates of large events such as this. The hall was going to be lined with rows of tables, and providing a plethora of breakfast foods for their grand feast. At the center of the hall was a large stage for scheduled performances while people came in to eat. For the morning feast there would be live music to enjoy.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Time: 8:00 am

Weather: Partly Sunny / Cloudy, Winds of 5mph

Setting: Downtown Nautchwald, Streets are adorned with vibrant decors of banners and flowers. The streets are crowded with friends and families just having a grand time.

Last edited:
Madeleine Volkovskaya & Ciaran
Interactions: Kali (@Aka~Kitsune), Kari (@~Dark Disney~)
Mentions: Shira (@~Dark Disney~), Karn (@Denali), Alyona (@Gladis)
"It's nice to finally meet you too, Kali," Maddie smiled, shaking her hand. The falseness of Kali's smile was completely lost on her, as was the cautiousness Shira was showing. Even if she hadn't been distracted by admiring the necklace she held up to show her the idea of someone having bad intentions towards her was still a little foreign to Maddie. Sure Alyona had warned her about a number of people to be careful around, including the twins, but....Kali was just being friendly! Right? "They're beautiful, you're very talented!"

Kari's question was enough to throw her off though. Maddie's eyes darted to where Shira had been only to realise she had disappeared, presumably to go spend time with Karn. "Uhm..." She laughed nervously, subconsciously lifting a hand to ruffle through her hair. "We're still getting used to each other. There's a lot to adjust to for both of us."

Ciaran, who had snagged another donut before they all disappeared, perked up slightly at this. Gossip was always interesting. Before he could escalate the situation, however, there was a loud bang and a plume of smoke began rising in the distance. What the shit? Had someone...accidentally set off all the fireworks this early in the morning? No, that was stupid, right? He looked to Kali for some kind of instruction or response.

Maddie, who had flinched at the noise of the explosion, was now beginning to panic. Should she call someone? No, if it was that loud - and given the amount of people around - then emergency services was probably already aware and headed there, right? Still, stressed and with her phone already out, she called Alyona.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: RaccoonKing

Karn Shira and Karina
Mentioned: Alyona @Gladis
Interactions: Maddie @Strawberry275 and Kali @Aka~Kitsune

Hey Shira.” He said seeing her put her paws up on the table. He had a feeling she wanted to play. After getting permission from Kari, he stood up and shifted into his wolf form. He walked around and gently poked her with his nose. He had to admit this was a nice treat to be sitting around all day doing little tasks here and there. Before walking off with Shira. “She’s in good hands.” He said moving away from the stall and and walked with her to explore the grounds a bit.

Shira walked away with him, she looked back at Maddie unsure of whether or not to leave her side, but maddie had said she could go. So she ran off through the crowds with karn. When the reached a clearing. She pounced on him and growled playfully. Her paws batted him as she kept her claws away as to not hurt him. She wanted to tumble and play, she was in a playful mood. Her ears back as she growled lightly in a playful tone. She jumped away from him and batted a paw at him as she swished her tail back and forth.

As soon as they reached the clearing, he had the zoomies and came to a stop as he lowered himself into a bow as if ready to pounce. He tugged at her ear and tail gently. Growling playfully as his tail sometimes hit her in the face. He was glad that she wanted to tumble around and he was fine with that. He was grateful to be blowing off some steam and exercise. He laid down for a bit letting her do whatever she wanted before he playfully nipped at her.

She growled and playfully batted him off. She rolled to her back and pawed at him as they played and rough hosed in the clearing. She was big enough that she could take anything he dished out. She snapped at his tail as he whipped her face. She turned to paw him when he grab her tail. She pounced on him and kept playing with his tail as he laid down. She pounced on it and nipped. As she played with him. She growled when he nipped and was laughing finally able to get out her energy. She been cooped up for a few days and it was good to stretch her legs.

She stopped mid play her ears perked and her body went rigid. Her ears flattened they were unnatural entities, but still animals and could feel when something was off. The hairs on the back of her neck raised as she crouched low growling. She was unsure and her heart started to race.

Karn let out a soft yelp every now and again as they played letting her know to ease up on the playfulness. As he laid there he heard something and stood up. He was worried that something must have happened and was worried Kari’s safety. “Let’s head back.” He told her as he started to walk back. As he got closer to the square, the smell of smoke tickled his nose and then felt a rumble under his paws. His hackles stood up and then a sound of an explosion could be heard. He quickly urged Shira to follow him back to the twins and Maddie to make sure they were okay. When he got there he was relieved to see them alive.

Her hair rose even more as she felt the rumble and smelled smoke. She ran for it at Karns side. She ran straight for Maddie to see if she was okay. Her mouth opened as she sniffed the woman over for any injuries. She used her rough tongue to lick maddie's hand repeatedly out of comfort for the woman. She wasn't really sure what to do, naddie was on the phone with her witch.

Karin had been talking with the woman, when she sat breathing in. The works had slowed as she looked around. The world dipped and titled under her as she felt and heard the rumble. She smelled the smoke however her eyes had gone to the thing she seen before and watched a large dark shadow staring at her and her sister hungrily. She never felt such darkness coming off the entity. It wanted something from them. Her eyes continued to watch it move towards them, then away with growl. She was confused, she normally was not afraid of anything,but there was something about this entity that wasn't good. She had to talk to Shakra and see what he said. Yeah entity's could be evil this was something else she wasn't sure she could handle if it was released into the world or found its way out of the shadow realm. She only turned her head when she felt fur brush her cheek. “Oh Karn hello.” she said softly.

Karn had stood by her side as he watched the entity and nudged her cheek to distract her from the entity. “Are you okay?” He asked her in Lycan. He hated leaving her alone and something didn’t feel right. “We need to leave. I don't like the energy here.” He added as he stood protectively in between her and the entity. She nods and stood slowly. “Fine I need to talk to Shakra.” she said as she shook her head when she looked back whatever it had been disappeared. “lets see what Kali is doing first.” She said. Dusting off her black dress she went to walk to her sisters side. She was slow about doing so.

He nodded; “I’ll go with you.” He knew Shakra and respected him for his work with Karina. He shifted back and threw on a change of clothes and helped her pack up. He kissed her cheek and noticed a change in her energy. “Are you feeling okay. I’m sensing a darker entity within you. I think that shadow might have something to do with it.” Karina shook her head for him not to say anything in front of her sister. “I am fine Karn, this is why I need to talk to Shakra, just probably the air that thing gave off. Now hush don't worry Kali.” she said. Walking up to her sister she smiled “Hey I am bored, What do you think pack up for the day?” she asked. Karina had slightly gotten bored not really wanting to sit at this booth anymore. “I have to go check in with my tutor Shakra before I do anything else today.” she said to her sister. It wasn't a total lie, he hadn't said he wanted to see her, but she figure he could give her some advice. She was still off to see her tutor no lie there.

Karn went silent went when she told him to not speak of it. Gathering her belongings he put them in the respective trunks and waited on her to tell him when they were leaving.

Kaliah Giselle Renali
Interactions: Maddie/ Ciaran (@Strawberry275 ) Kari /Shira(@~Dark Disney~ ) Karn (@Denali )
Mentions: None

~

Kali's gaze was undeniably bored as she observed the smaller woman carefully, a brow raised questioningly as she paid attention to Maddie. Sometimes, Kali was grateful to her teacher, Marie, who had decided to teach her psychology and to pay close attention to others smaller cues. Maddie seemed innocently unaware of what Kali was like and it only aggravated her more! Married to the Bisque rose witch or not, being denied a prime opportunity to stir up trouble irked her. A bored huff caused her chest to heave as she remained leaning against the stall table, her head lazily tilting onto her shoulder. "Thank you, I am glad you like them."

Being idle was boring...

The voodoo witch watched the others in a similarly bored manner. Karn went off with the other familiar and Kari chatted briefly to Maddie. Karn did say not to scam Maddie...but why waste any opportunity. At least, her friendly act would make them acquaintances and that could be used later on when she could actually get something out of the friendly woman. She snickered softly, ducking her head till the curtain of raven locks surrounded her face, her eyes gleaming with a sense of glee. Already her twisted mind was concocting outcomes...possibilities she could create by befriending the innocent woman.

Kali's musings was broken when the ground rumbled angrily while the resounding noise of an explosion caused her to briefly clap her hands over her ears. Her head shot up and stared in the distance to watch the raising smoke claim the previously perfect sky, casting a hue of Gray across its previous cheery blue. An explosion? Looking quickly over to Ciaran, her twin and then Karn she briefly examined them before relief settled her nerves. She physically relaxed, shoulders drooping while she released the very breath she held. The fear only lasted a moment but it was a moment to long for Kali as for a second, despite it clearly not being true, she worried for her 'family'. It took a second but her usual mischievous grin returned to her lips eagerly. "Mhm!~ Thats fine, I am bored of being out here in anyway. Better things to do and all that!~ I am going to head off to do something though so I will see you at home later, most likely".

Briefly, her mind returned to her side plan concerning this Maddie woman. A soft smile appeared back on her features once more as she headed over to the stall to grab her own items and pack them away in her bag. Once the jewellery was packed away she still held one necklace in her hand which she passed to Maddie. "Since you were the only one who even looked at my items..." Though, anyone who came by the stall she had most likely scammed and so they never had a chance..."You can have this, okay?~I hope to see you again, Maddie! It was lovely meeting you" Kali cooed softly before stepping back and flickering her gaze to Kari and Karn once more before to Ciaran as she grinned. This grin was much more suited to her Kali, lips curled till pearly white teeth were bared in a large smile. "I am going to go check that out, want to come?~"

Without even an answer, Kali bolted once she had fastened her bag. She would not give Kari or Karn a chance to stop her from going somewhere that was even minimally dangerous, especially when there would be stupefied bystanders who were the easiest people to prey upon. Oh, very soon the explosion would be the least of their worries as their wallets would be lighter soon enough.

95ce764cda8ffde03b514c1e0017caf0.png

da23667e09aae5f476122e56f5a6df98-dav8qvr.jpg

Interactions: Moselle @Vio
Mentions: Moselle

He was a wanderer, a spirit looking for his master. For centuries he's been wandering the world looking for the person he would serve. Though he had no idea who they were or even what they looked like. Alex knew that when he would know when he finds his master. Whoever they were. Still, the little cat spirit knew not of what people were like, having had no interaction with anyone. He could only wish that people were nicer than they appear.

Currently wandering the streets, of what he assumed was downtown Nautchwald, he looked at the vibrant color decorating the street. There must be something festive going on for such colors and people to be roaming the streets. As he floated through the crowded streets he felt a pull. Not once in his existence had he ever felt a pull towards a location. Looking up and down the street he followed the direction he was being pulled to. It was almost like he was in a trance, wanting nothing more than to find out where he was being pulled to.

The smell of salt water hit him in the face as he wandered further down the streets of Nautchwald. As Alex got closer to his destination the faster he floated until he was almost running. For a spirit, he was almost too happy to be following a random pull. Although he had an idea of what he was being pulled to. His master. Alex was sure he was about to find his master. There was nothing else that it could be. Well, nothing he could think of.

As he exited the busy streets he came upon a large dock. Stopping his eyes wandered the dock taking in the sight of the ocean and the people walking the dock. For a brief moment, his eyes passed a woman with long white hair. Quickly as it happened Alex's eyes returned to the woman. He was curious as to who she was. Slowly he followed after the woman nervous of whether she could see him, as everyone else can't.

As he got closer to the woman the more of a pull he felt and soon it clicked in his mind. This was his master. Excited but nervous he approached the woman. "Excuse me, miss?" His voice carried to the woman in front of him. He has yet to see her face but, he hopes she heard him.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Love
Reactions: Esmeray
Location: At the feast eating with Rebecca/Simultaneously chasing after Kaliah
Interactions: @daird (Rebecca Van Zant), @Aka~Kitsune (Kaliah Giselle Renali)
Mentions: Kaliah Giselle Renali, Rebecca Van Zant

The metallic eye that was displayed on his strange mask seemed to watch the small witch carefully despite the unnatural stillness that this character portrayed almost giving no sign of movement as they waited patiently for her to choose her cards. It appeared as if they were frozen but when the young witch could finally swear this person was not alive they suddenly sneezed as they pressed their hands to the face of their mask. They didn't seem particularly worried about cleaning their nose as it seemed like this could have simply been a lie to get her to gain his attention though before any response could be has. The force of the magical aura began to rupture all around them. The sheer viciousness of the power and the force it has given could be sensed by many within this small town.

The Thief in particular could feel the sense of desperation coming from the magical spell as their blood seemed to react to such a thing as they slowly began to rub their hands together. This would of course be something they would need to investigate. They had avoided this town for so long and they had left it believing they would never return to it again. Though, fate as if some would call required they should be here and that they must do something of importance.

Though, as they believed, this thing they would try would likely be the end of them. The Grey's were aware of their demise regardless of how much they refused to allow it to happen. There was no way to prevent death but the changing of outcomes was possible. Maybe this one in particular avoided this place seeing it as a place they would die. Things were never that simple though and even as they tried to remain carefree and removed. Something begged for them to interfere. That was their purpose, their job, to continue this idea and to assure it would remain the same. To be involved and to be of some importance. To give your life away because it was what was demanded for you to do.

The Thief quietly began to unwrap the bandages on their left hand as they seemed to allow for the Witch to choose the cards she wished. As they carefully unraveled their hand free from the cloth there were numerous markings that remained embezzled within his hand. Though they kept the cloth on their fingers they seemed only interested with what signs were emblazoned upon them and it wouldn't take long to notice that they were inscribed with the Hindi Zodiac signs. He carefully looked upon one in particular as he slowly closed his hand. The sound of cracking and breaking emanated from his palm as he reopened it to reveal more blood leaking from his fingers.

The symbol of Gemini seemed to be bleeding in particular as he shook his hand as if nothing had happened. "I am sorry about that. I hope I haven't bored you. I promise this isn't a truck or a way to scam you out of funds. I simply am trying to enjoy myself before I must head off to work."

A second Thief King was suddenly sitting beside the first. It didn't even seemed to have appeared from anywhere instead seemingly having already been there the entire time. The first one besides the Witch waved him off as he began to bandage himself once again as the second seemed to understand without much words being exchanged between the two.

It headed off by itself as it began to meld into the crowd and suddenly disappearing behind them. "I always loved that one." The Grey Rose remarked as they seemed to enjoy this solution. Though it was a high risk, high reward scenario it wasn't something he believed would be threatening as of yet. This place was full of responsible witches he believed. Especially the White Rose Witch and he didn't believe that they would particularly be irresponsible at this moment in time. They were simply giving a quick look at the situation and seeing if there was anything they needed to know. Though they didn't particularly care showing off this power before this young girl. They didn't seem to mind it at all though this mysterious person seemed to have only been causing more questions to be demanded and asked.

\ \ \

As the clone moved throughout the streets they noticed another particular character moving at an incredible place towards the explosion. They seemed just as curious if not more enthralled by the situation as they ran as if they would be stopped by someone. "Peculiar..." He replied to himself as he decided to tail this obsidian haired woman. His pace and footsteps matching hers, as he kept to her route. They were curious and seemed intrigued by all of this. And if there was any trouble to be found it would at least be found by this person they happened to follow.

"Of all the odd things though, why does this one smell of donuts." He responded as they seemed a bit perplexed by the scent. Maybe a donut salesman capitalizing on a tragedy? Or perhaps someone who works at a factory that uses magic to craft such delicious pastries. Regardless, there was something bad emanating from the place they were proceeding too and their curiosity was only becoming more troublesome as they wondered what it could possibly be.

Last edited:
  • Love
Madeleine Volkovskaya
Interactions: Shira (@~Dark Disney~), Alyona (@Gladis), Kali (@Aka~Kitsune)
The dial tone on the other end of the phone continued and Maddie's anxiety spiked until she felt something rough and wet pressed against her hand. Glancing down and seeing Shira had returned she dropped to her knees and threw her arms around the wildcat's neck only to pull back after a moment, remembering that such affection probably wouldn't be appreciated.

"Sorry! I just, um, thank you for coming back. And I'm glad you're okay. Oh-"

The last exclamation of surprise was directed at Kali dropping the necklace she'd been admiring in her free hand before disappearing to goodness knows where before Maddie could get out a proper thank you. Before she could start planning the best way to thank Kali the call finally connected and her attention was directed elsewhere, the hand holding the necklace still curled absentmindedly in Shira's fur.

"Alyona! I'm sorry for calling while you're working, there was— oh, you felt it over there too? No no, we're both fine, Shira's with me. Whatever it was it didn't happen at the festival, it's..." She paused, squinting in the direction of the smoke. "Yeah. Mhm. No, you don't need to come down here. We're fine, I was just spooked. Yeah. No, I know, but...okay. See you later maybe? I love you~ Oh wait, no, darling hold on a sec."

Maddie held the phone by Shira's head, allowing both familiar and witch a chance to confirm the other was okay before the call ended.

Shira
Mentioned: Kali @Aka~Kitsune and Alyona @Gladis
Interactions: Maddie @Strawberry275
Shiras head popped up as Maddie wrapped around her. She went to growl, but knew she shouldn't and let maddie hold her briefly. The woman jumped away and apologized for the hug. She shrugged, she didn't mind comforting her, it was nice to have her wrap her arms around her neck. Shira stood protectively next to Maddie as she looked around. Maddie's hand in her fur felt nice and comforting.

Her eyes watched one of the twins come close to Maddie. Shiras lips pulled back into a snarl. She watched Kali give a necklace to Maddie and sniffed at it to make sure she hadn't decided to play a trick and enchant it. Her hairs relaxed when Kali flounced away from her and Shira relaxed her hackles all the way once the girl was fully out of site. She trusted Kali the least out of the two twins. She didn't trust Karina at all either, but she knew she wouldn't do anything to piss her witch off.

Shira shifted the weight on her paws as she looked around and started to nudge Maddie along a bit so they weren't in the middle of the commotion of running people. She stayed at Maddies side and twitched her ears as the phone was placed to it. “Hello Alyona,”She purred. “ Yes I can and will do that, see you at home, Bye.” Shira said and let the phone move away. Once maddie had finished talking to her witch, Shira nudged her to move, “Maddie get on and hold on tight, be easier and a bit faster if I get us out of here.”She said. She was thankful she was wearing her Harness it be easier than Maddie holding her fur which would of hurt badly. Shira lay down so Maddie could get on her back.

Ciaran
Interactions: Grey Witch Clone(?) (@TheDevil'sGame), Kali (@Aka~Kitsune)
As per usual, Kali had taken off without giving Ciaran a chance to reject the idea of running anywhere. If he had enough warning he sometimes managed to transform back into a cat and jump on her before she disappeared: he really was better suited to being carried than taking part in physical exercise. After quickly checking to make sure she hadn't left any of their stuff behind by accident (aka taking any opportunity to steal some of the jewellery she made for his own use) he grabbed the almost empty bag of donuts and took off after her.

As much as Ciaran hated running he was pretty fast when he actually bothered and it wasn't long before he caught sight of Kali a little ways ahead. But before he could reach her to complain he spotted another figure who seemed to be following her too. His mismatched eyes narrowed as he spent all of three seconds figuring out what to do. Jump tackle was out, they were taller than him. So, plan B. Yelling.

"HEY! What're you doing stalkin' my girl?"

His shout was definitely loud enough for Kali to hear. He moved round to block the stranger's path as well, giving them a little push on the chest so there was no mistake who he was talking to.

Madeleine Volkovskaya
Interactions: Shira (@~Dark Disney~)​

Maddie moved where Shira nudged her, still a little too startled to do much else. Once Shira had had a chance to speak with Alyona she put her phone and the necklace into her bag and stepped to the side fully. The festival had been crowded to begin with but now everyone seemed to be rushing about in a panic without actually knowing where to go.

She nodded at Shira's words and carefully got onto her back, making sure to grip the harness rather than her fur. It felt awkward but Shira was right, going like this meant it was pretty much impossible for them to get separated in the crowd. "Back home?" It was kind of disappointing to leave the festival so soon, but Maddie wasn't sure what else to do. The explosion hadn't been in the festival but without knowing what caused it - or if there would be another - she wasn't sure where would be safe.

• Love
Kaliah Giselle Renali
Interactions: Ciaran (@Strawberry275 ) / Grey's clone (@TheDevil'sGame )

Kali's golden gaze flickered between the stunned bystanders, amusement curling the corner of her lips as her twisted mind lazily noted some familiar faces from earlier. The poor woman she had tricked earlier stood, eyes wide and lips agape at the rising smoke and Kali could do nothing but chuckle in faint amusement. Though it was not due to her meddling, her expression seemed to evoke some twisted delight from the voodoo witch who could only imagine the guilt and possible terror that would possess her features when she realised the fate she was about to expose her 'love' to. Unconsciously, her hand slipped to the bag strapped across her shoulder and chest where her cards resided.

"HEY! What're you doing stalkin' my girl?"

Her hurried, almost running steps quickly were brought to a halt at the familiar voice that echoed within the streets, grasping not only her attention but a couple others as well. Her eyes flickered over to her familiar as a look of fondness graced her features before she registered his words and found her gaze settling on a new comer. A...very strange new comer. Her usual expression of mischievous glee graced her features as she spun around to face both her follower and familiar. For a moment or two, as both caught up, Kali studied the unfamiliar figure critically.

Kali addressed Ciaran first, her teasing smirk in place as she huffed softly "You are so adorably sweet, Ciaran! Being so protective~" She cooed, clasping her hands dramatically by her chest before chuckling. Though her expression failed to change, there were minor visible signs that Kali was on guard...she had no idea why this strange person was following her after all. Shifting her head she let it fall lazily to the side till she watched him with a sideways glance. "And you...Who are you?" Kali asked, raising a brow quizzically as she folded her arms across her chest. Leaning forwards slightly, head cocked to one side she had turned towards him, overplaying her curious gaze as she studied him from head to toe. "I mean, I am flattered you felt the need to follow me of all people and I commend you on your choice of people to stalk, I am amazing after all!~ but as the one being stalked by a weird masked guy I am curious to know exactly who you are and why...".

Interactions: Ciaran(@Strawberry275), Kaliah(@Aka~Kitsune)

"Isn't it quite obvious? She is extremely attractive and has gathered my attention." The Grey Rose spoke matter of factly as they seemed to play along with the voodoo witch. They looked over the Cait Sith curiously, their mirror-like mask reflecting Ciaran's eyes back towards themselves. Creating what seemed like a strange distortion revealing fear within the familiars face in the metallic reflection. "Though you should be careful, I could potentially be something that enjoys eating cats. Never know what things you may involve yourself with, if you simply jump in some random things way." The Thief teased this as they looked at the creature with subtle interest. Though, as this person blocked their path, they seemed surprised and even more confused as their hands were pressed against the thief kings chest.

The voice emanating from the person before them had suddenly changed from an unemotional and careless voice towards a very angry, feminine, familiar voice. "I could easily be a woman underneath all this decor. And where you placed your hands is a very large problem if that is the case." It sounded exactly like Kaliah as the sound bit into Ciaran's ears. The tone, the pitch, the only difference was the way the words flowed as the thief seemed to do this on purpose to play around with this voice.

Ciaran could feel wrappings underneath the clothes of this strange person as their hands pushed against the curious stranger. Within a moment though both his wrists were held within their hands. The eye held before the mask seemed to be able too watch him as he hovered his face closer to the mismatched eyes before them.

"And you... Who are you?"

The Grey Rose witch slowly let go of Ciaran's hands as they seemed to be happy enough with their interactions with the creature. Noticing the crowd beginning to form as they looked around. They crossed their own arms as they tilted their head to match the voodoo witch as they placed a finger underneath their chin. "Ciaran?" It sounded identical to Kali. Almost making it appear this was one of her own pranks. Though this quickly ended as the person returned to the voice previously but at this point, it could have simply been another impersonation as well. "Since you have been kind enough to give me his name I will answer a bit in return. I am Gemini. A twin... Nevertheless, it won't be an answer that would easily satisfy you. I do not wish to tell these onlookers anymore of my private information. Though, I shall agree, it was merely your amazing capabilities such as smelling of donuts and rushing quickly towards an explosion that captivated me. Furthermore, I would not call it stalking. I wasn't hunting prey unless you believe yourself to be such a thing or your into such sort of things." The thief king teased the last point before continuing seemingly having fun with this crowd as well. "Also, how would you know if I was male? I could easily be a woman underneath all of this. Even more so, I could be something else entirely." The voice that came from them was now a soothing, feminine tone as it played with this idea in her head. "I'm not just a person who is masked. This mask is me. I'll stop with the theatrics finally and tell you since it wont be much of a secret any longer." It seemed they were done with the idea of playing and were finally interested in answering. "Its been a long time since the last one of us were here. It is interesting to be back and I will have to properly introduce myself to many of you eventually. So I shall have it done... Better late than never, for I am, the Grey Rose Witch."

They allowed this to settle with the people, Ciaran and even Kaliah. They didn't seem particularly intrigued at the reactions or ideas and having such an odd person being part of the Petrova family was seen as even more strange though this did not seem like a lie and as the crowd began to debate and decide to believe him, he began to decide to at least reveal that what they were saying was absolutely true.

The grey rose pulled a small box from their sleeve. It looked strikingly similar to the box they had obtained cards from with the small witch they were enjoying food with. Not only that but these cards he began to pull out appeared identical to the ones he had placed on the table before the girl. This didn't seem like simply a clone or twin at all. This appeared to be the same exact person who was sitting at the table enjoying the company of the girl who could speak to spirits. Of course, the two before him didn't know that.

"I quite enjoy cards myself. Maybe if you can impress me. I'll let you know more about me. You must share things about yourself though. You are, of course, amazing after all." The Thief pulled the cards out of the case as they began to shuffle the cards cautiously. They cut their finger along the edges of one of the cards as they allowed their blood to drip amongst the deck.

The thief still sitting at the table felt his finger begin to hurt. They paid it no mind as no blood appeared or nothing seemed out of the ordinary as they returned, awaiting for the witch's choice.

"We may not have time at this moment because we must see what is happening of course but if you wish we could play a game afterwards. It could be fun." The Thief replied looking still towards the smoke rising within the sky. "If I need too, I can definitely at least deal with your cat or permanently turn him into one if you would like." He teasingly offered Kali as he wondered how Ciaran would take such a thing.

Last edited:
Interactions: Isolde @Aka~Kitsune
Mentions: N/A
The Voices cackled one last time and they ripped open Diana's soul, but she could not even scream. Her throat burned. Her lungs felt empty. Her heart screamed in agony as it tried to pump her frozen blood. She felt life escape from her inch by inch as mystical forces attempted to seize her for themselves. Black clouds of will descended on her metaphorical substance, eager to tear her apart piece by piece and she could do nothing. However, she could not rebel against her fate. Her limbs felt weak. Pathetic. The chant had drained nearly all of her power and Diana felt herself collapse into an untidy mess on the floor. She felt her pulse thunder in her being as terror sunk into her heart, but then...

"Rule Zero. I am Sif and my soul shall shine brighter than warped stardust."
Stunned, Diana's eyes opened wide. A powerful command had swept her voices away, its presence shining as a bright beacon of light in her darkness. Consciousness returned to her, along with pain, but her exhaustion seemed to take a backseat to her sight, which...

Goodness.

She sat in a pile of wretched ruins.

Brown eyes widened further, stretching her skull to its limit. With her pathetic hands, she propped herself up and surveyed what used to be her prison. Her mouth hung open at the sight right before she clutched her hands to her chest. Her hands shook. Her lips pursed with bitter terror. What happened? She only remembered giving into the voices and after that, everything went dark. Then, that strange, powerful voice... It almost sounded like her. Did she speak? She did not even speak that language, yet she understood it. Confused and terrified, only the weakness of her legs kept her in place when a half-corpse stood up beside her.

Tears budded in her eyes when Isolde approached her. The burned, bruised vampire looked almost as dead as she felt inside and Diana felt a lump grow in her throat. Visible shivers ran down her spine and she found her fingers whitening around the pendant between her fingers as though it could save her from such a menace. Alas, it only seemed a piece of well-crafted metal at the moment, with little solace to offer. She took whatever she could get, but the slow, stumbling thing did not seem to wish her harm. Yet.

And it spoke in English, too. Swallowing audibly, Diana's fear decreased by an iota, however, her instincts still screamed at her to run. And yet, this half-dead, bruised, wounded woman was the first being to speak to her in what felt like decades.

"I... no u-u-u-u-understand," tried Diana. "Ummm... I... f-f-f-f-from h-h-h-Hungary?" Terror dripped from her every word as she spoke and her throat felt as though she had been gargling plague-infected needles for hours. Rusted, infected, foul and weak, it nevertheless overcame the terrified chattering of her teeth along with the attempts of her feet to put distance between her and the stranger. If even that was not enough, then even the blindest of the blind could see the spark of soul-crushing terror in her shrunk pupils.

Last edited:
  • Love
~Isolde Aoife "Nox" & Diana Kardos collaboration post~
~ @Lstorm ~​

The vampires red gaze widened as her lips parted into a small 'o', shock registering visibly on her injured visage. The child didn't even speak English. It complicated so much. As the situation registered, Isolde's expression softened but her lips pursed into a thin line of red across her pale, bruised and burnt skin. For a moment, her line of sight drifted behind the child she was confronting, head tilting till it rested on her shoulder. She couldn't communicate with the child to explain the situation, to explain that she was not there to trap her like the other vampires had but to get her the hell out of here. Furthermore, she never had the need to really learn other languages except out of self interest...and unfortunately she did not learn one to fit this situation.

An exhausted huff parted from her lips as she turned back to the child curiously, noting the fear that shrunk her pupils and the futile attempts to escape her. Slowly, Isolde adjusted herself till she took a seat upon the ground, her legs folded under her as she left one of her hands at her side, palm flat on the ground to balance her. She was still injured and her body seemed to weigh so much more with injuries littering her porcelain skin. Though simply hypnotising the child seemed to be the best bet, a deeper part of Isolde protested at the sight of her fear. She would just have to try seeing what the girl could understand.

“Hey...Little one.” She called out, softening her usually cool tone as she kept her hands visible and empty at her sides. “Hungary huh?... I do not know any Hungarian...so can you understand any English?”. Isolde then paused, brows furrowing in thought for a moment before she continued. “I’m Isolde...If that helps...who are you?” Maybe introductions would make the child less scared of her?

Despite the terror, Isolde’s words made it to Diana’s ears and she blinked. She… seemed to want to talk to her? Why? The voice sounded soft, too, a little piece of music she missed dearly with the shouting and screaming of her captors. Yet at the same time, her fear refused to settle. Diana felt her stomach twist as though it tried to digest cold iron, yet this seemed her only way out. Her pathetic legs refused to obey her wishes, either too exhausted or too paralysed with fear, so she swallowed the lump in her throat and listened closely to Isolde’s introductions.

“D...diana,” she answered, her voice still shivering with fear. “D-d-d-diana K-kardos. C-c-can… c-c-can! Speak… lit… little… English?” At least she stopped moving away from Isolde, but she still felt sicker than ever before. Cold sweat broke out on her skin and her trembling limbs failed to do anything but tighten her grip on her tattered clothes. Knuckles whitened, rough fabric biting into skin, yet Diana could not let go.

The child’s fear remained evidently clear even if she became too weak to continue putting distance between them. In result, Isolde’s own discomfort multiplied as she momentarily let her gaze stray. Children were so different from adults and she had rarely spent any time around children, even in her own youth. Turning back to Diana she let a small smile curl at her red lips as she spoke. “Diana Kardos? That is a lovely name.” Isolde cooed, her tone quiet. “Okay...Diana, I am here to help you. I...am a vampire...Like them…” Isolde had to force her posture to remain calm as her own stress and confusion plagued her. “But, I am here to save you from them.”

Diana’s only company remained calm and in turn, this helped to alleviate her fears. The trembling in her limbs seemed to abate the tiniest bit and the grip on her clothes loosened a millimetre or two. It also helped she could understand Isolde’s simple sentences and… Help! The word struck her as a lightning bolt. Her eyes widened. For a moment, terror disappeared into an abyss of hopeful surprise.

“Help? You help Diana?” she asked, almost star-struck at the prospect. Hope along with relief coated her words, embracing them like as mother embraced her, but she shrunk back the next second. The trembling returned almost at full force as she tried to remember the rest of Isolde’s words. There had to be a catch. Nobody would help her out of the kindness of their heart. If such people existed, they would have rescued her a few days into her captivity.

Isolde observantly kept track of her emotions, her head tilting slightly as she watched the hope begin to light up any life in Diana. A smile, an honest one, flickered onto her own lips at Diana’s change, though it faded just as quickly when she realised her own mistake. In her own confusion and discomfort, she had cemented the fact that she was the same species as them, most likely tying her to them in the child's mind... A tired sigh caused her chest to heave, Isolde’s eyes screwing shut for a moment before she let them slide open, revealing the blue-grey that took over from the blood thirsty red. She would have to fight the bloodlust for even longer...the less the child associated her with her captors the better.

“Yes, I want to help you. I want to help Diana.” She repeated, her own expression slightly pained as she tried to keep her body language calm. “I came here to save you, Diana.”.

No. Diana could not believe a single word of it. Especially given how the woman’s face changed. She had altered something on her face, not to mention her expression flickered from a smile to a frown to something painful. Almost as though she grit her teeth to lie to Diana. Distrust mixed with dread, concocting a powerful solution of paranoia as Diana distanced herself from Isolde using the little strength she had left.

“S-s-show p-p-p-roof.L-l-like p-p-police… s-s-s-symbol. Please,” she asked of Isolde, though she had no idea what she would do with such a thing. Could she really trust what a stranger showed to her in such a place? A stranger who had the ability to change things on her face? The more she tried to think, the more reasons she found to distrust her self-proclaimed rescuer, withdrawing into her shell inch by inch. Unconsciously, she started to hunch, hands and legs drawing tighter as though they could protect her from whatever strength Isolde held.

Isolde felt her own hope drop at redeeming this situation when Diana asked for proof. Official proof! Isolde was far from the side of the law considering she was apart of the same group Diana was terrified of. Her own shoulders lowered in a moment of defeat as she struggled to find a acceptable solution. Then, she hoped for any solution. “I...ah...I apologise, Diana. I cannot show you any police symbols. I am just someone who hates...who really hates the vampires that captured you. I am also helping someone who wants the same thing.”. She let a frail smile slide back to her lips as she continued on. “How can I prove that I am here to save you? I have nothing to show..."

Isolde’s reaction told her everything she needed to know. Diana drew herself even tighter in response and she felt the snake of despair coil around her throat, then spread itself across her whole body. It bound every one of her joints, locking her in place with a dreadful force. Oppressive silence conquered the room as she shivered, only the cracking of walls serving as a backdrop. Now that neither spoke, Isolde could hear ominous cricks as concrete strained itself under loads far in excess of its bearing capacity. Yet Diana refused to move.

“Please… don’t hurt me,” she begged from the bottom of her heart, but she knew it to be futile. Her captors always ignored her. They never had said a single good word. They left her here to starve. And this woman was the same. Thus, Diana felt a heavy seal lock her fate. She would die in captivity, never knowing the warmth of her home again. She would never eat her mother’s cooking again. She would never…

She started crying as it became too much to bear.

Her heart seemed to break as she watched the fear in the girls actions, listened to the tremble in her words and the faint plea to not hurt her. Isolde hated the feeling of guilt that weighed in her chest so suddenly, a feeling that her very breath was constricted causing her to grow still. Blue eyes widened dramatically when Diana began to cry. In those few seconds, Isolde’s normal composure seemed to shatter as she failed to figure out what to do. “I...A-ah…”. Even her words seemed to lull into a short stutter as she looked around in weak hope that something would magically appear to calm Diana. An magical explosion happened, why couldn’t this! Slowly, Isolde pushed herself up just enough so she was no longer sitting on her legs but now kneeling, her own expression twisted till it reflected concern for her. “Hey...Diana! Don’t cry...please? I don’t really know what to do….” She cut off, her brows furrowing as she attempted to regain her control over herself, her gaze still flitting around anxiously, concerned not only for Diana but that a Nox agent could return.

Eventually, she took in a soft breath and settled her gaze on Diana solely, though she tried to return her cool facade, she could not grasp control completely with the situation bearing a weight onto her shoulders. “I promise you...I swear, I am here to help you. I do not know how long you have been here...Probably a while...But, I am getting you out. I will protect you from them, okay? I will not let any single one of them hurt you. Ever. J-Just please stop crying...”.

“I… I-I-i… Please… s-s-s-say… t-t-t-t-t-to Csenge… K-k-kardos… Péterné... ,” sobbed Diana incoherently, all semblance of control fleeing from her body. “I-i-in... P-pécs. H-h-her… D-d-d-diána… i-is… dead…” Another sob wracked her body. “Anya...” she whispered, calling out for her mother. She did not even seem to hear what Isolde told her, reduced beyond awareness of her surroundings even as tiny cracks started to run along the wall behind her and on the floor. Her cell would not remain standing for much longer and the structure was sure to follow soon; Isolde had but minutes to get her out.

Isolde began to lose hope that she could get Diana out of here willingly...She was left with fewer options. With Diana seeming to lose her awareness of Isolde, lost in her mutterings, Isolde was left with possibility of using her hypnotic abilities to force Diana to calm down or even fall asleep. Her musings were broken when her hearing caught the sound of the deteriorating stability of the walls, cracks continuing to spiderweb across the damaged surfaces. She watched for a still moment, then she moved. Isolde easily pushed herself to her feet and forwards, till she was in front of the terrified child. “I know you aren’t going to like this...but it’s that or let you be crushed…” She muttered, her expression once again under control due to the severity of the situation at hand. Reaching over her, Isolde picked Diana up and quickly turned, heading towards the exit without another word as she focused on making sure neither of them got stuck under a broken wall any time soon.​

• Love
Reactions: TheDevil'sGame
Ciaran
Interactions: Grey Witch (@TheDevil'sGame), Kali (@Aka~Kitsune)
"Isn't it quite obvious? She is extremely attractive and has gathered my attention."

Ciaran immediately bristled at these words - had he still been in cat form his fur would undoubtedly have been standing on edge. Curiously he seemed more concerned by the figure's remarks towards Kaliah than their suggestion they may eat cats. After all, what kind of familiar would he be if he didn't prioritise his master's wellbeing above even his own? And for all his teasing about Kaliah needing to find a partner he wasn't willing to let just anyone take that role.

"I could easily be a woman underneath all this decor. And where you placed your hands is a very large problem if that is the case."

Their grip on his wrists was entirely unwelcome and Ciaran attempted to snatch his hands back, his discomfort at hearing Kaliah's voice coming from the strange figure obvious as they leaned closer to him. "I'd...be more respectin' of yer personal space if you weren't a stalker." Only a quick glance back in Kali's direction confirmed that she wasn't in on this somehow.

Ciaran took a step back, glaring as the figure continued talking. He knew there were all sorts of species in Nautchwald but there had to be some kind of entry requirements, right? Before he could confront the thing again Kali spoke up. "You are so adorably sweet, Ciaran! Being so protective~"

He groaned. "Kali! You gave the damn fetch my name! Now it's gonna fuckin'...whisk me away to death. Oh shit wait, now it has yours too. It already had your voice though....and gender isn't relevant here!" He snapped, his attention diverting back to the figure. Who...proceeded to introduce themselves not as a fetch or any other kind of doppelganger, but a Rose Witch. Of course.

Still on edge, Ciaran retreated to Kali's side without taking his eyes off the Grey Rose Witch. Their remark about turning him into a cat permanently only received a quiet hiss in response; he was no longer interested in encouraging their teasing but knowing Kali, she'd want to be around someone so 'fun' and 'interesting'.

~Kaliah Giselle Renali~
Interactions
: Grey rose (@TheDevil'sGame ) / Ciaran (@Strawberry275 )
Mentions: Kari (@~Dark Disney~ ) & Karn (@Denali )

Kali’s lips parted in a moment of shock as she listened to her own voice from another, confusion briefly painting her expression before it diminished and was replaced by amusement. She settled a hand across her lips for a second as she snickered, trying almost futilely to hold back her laughter. Ciaran’s reaction for one, was hilarious but it was also the increasing curiosity of the ‘stalker’ that caused her amusement. Once she had settled, her golden gaze slid to Ciaran and she shrugged her shoulders lazily, only to settle one her free hand on her hip. “Chill Ciaran!” She cooed happily, a light teasing tone to her words. “It’s not like telling the stalker our names is going to do much!~”. The witches attention turned back to them after she attempted to comfort her familiar. “Donuts aren’t the worst thing to smell like, so I’ll take it as a compliment, Stalker~”. Despite the other introducing themselves as Gemini, Kali was content trying to stir up problems.

As the feminine tone, not her own his time, seemed to float melodically from the other she found herself raising a brow before letting out a low whistle. "That...Stalker, is an interesting skill you got there. I mean, do you know how many people you could honestly scare the living shit out of?" Kali questioned before pursing her lips. "I mean, you could trick people into thinking they are talking to dead relatives - it'd definitely get you some good money. People are foolish like that...". It took her a second to realise she was rambling, lost in her own fantasies of chaos and tricks. A slight kiss of her teeth was evidence of her returning her focus to the conversation, her gaze shifting from the lurking, uninterested people to Gemini. "Ah! Well, Male or female, you are a stalker sweetheart~”

When Gemini revealed the big secret of their identity, a large, toothy grin lit up her expression once more. Only this time, it seemed challenging. "A...Rose witch huh? The grey one?~". Kali was by no means foolish but she would not let such a chance to find out more about a rose witch go by! It took a few second for her to weigh her options. She could either continue her interaction with the witch or to leave, which logically may of been the better choice considering her tendency to irritate others or leave them penniless. "Ohh~ This is good~" Kali muttered happily, danger aside, this was just to interesting to simply step away from.

Kari and Karn probably would not be happy with her though.

Noticing Ciaran's closeness to her, Kali reached over and wrapped her arms around her familiar comfortingly. Even with her usual lack of focus on others feelings and behaviours, unless they were targets, she often noted Ciaran's due to their bond as familiar and witch. His growing proximity had only cemented Kali's belief that Gemini made him uncomfortable. "Well, Stalker...I am definitely up for a game or two but you are right!~" The voodoo witch declared as she released Ciaran, giving him a softer smile before looking to the masked Gemini. "Going to see what has happened is top priority! We can't miss out on it, can we?~ So we will have to play cards and twenty questions after~". Reaching over, Kali grasped her familiar's hand and headed off once more towards the direction of the explosion, grinning widely as she did. "Oh, also...Don't threaten my familiar! Ciaran is to adorable and important for me to let that pass~"

• Love
Reactions: TheDevil'sGame
Interactions: @Strawberry275 (Ciaran), @Aka~Kitsune (Kaliah)

Grey could almost sense the familiars unhappiness with their words as they could see their muscles tense in response. Though the rose witch carelessly allowed Ciaran's hands to return to them, hoping it would make them less uneasy. That didn't mean the so called grey witch wouldn't at least have some fun.

As the Cait Sith leaned closer they responded by placing their hands upon Ciaran's chest. Softly patting him there as they inspected him curiously. They also noticed Ciaran's stress as Kaliah's voice emanated from them. It was an immaculate copy of Kaliah's voice and didn't seem discernible even to their own better sense of hearing. It appeared this person did not try hard at all to achieve this either almost happening naturally to them as they talked. The character decided to use this voice again as their metallic mask gave Ciaran a reflection of himself, this time looking happy. "Too flat, for a girl like yourself. I could help you, if you wish. You already look cute and magical manipulation is a specialty of mine." The strange person replied as they awaited the answer from Ciaran. Kali's voice quickly becoming a favorite amongst this creature. It began to alter though as a new voice came from the being but this time it was Ciaran's own.

"And if I'm not a stalker? Seem so focused on that simple part instead of who I am. Is it something you cats are into? Mighty brave to release such personal information blatantly. Though, if I'm your type, I will gladly stalk a feline like yourself. As for a fetch? No, I'm not a dog. Simple Irish doppelgangers are not something I resemble either. I am much more complicated than that. This thing I've accomplished requires much more than a canine or fetch ever could gather. I'm not an omen of death either. I am literally the person I'm supposed to represent, in body and mind. Gender is exceptionally important here. If I don't replicate things perfectly, this would not work. It's dangerously delicate magic." Ciaran's own voice finally ended as they looked towards Kali. The fun was over and the crowd seemingly cared less as they could not believe such an odd thing could be a rose witch.

The witch themselves noticed Kali's response to their imitation. They knew it was something interesting and a thing that would undoubtedly get them into trouble if they were not careful about it. A troublemaker like Kali could have numerous enjoyment out of the things she could do. The person seemed proud to get a response from her and it only encouraged them to make her laugh.

This repeated use of the word stalker caused them to shake their head and wave the idea away. Appearing as if they wished to be disassociated from such a thing. "I have simply been hopelessly lost in love. Searching wherever you go, hoping to obtain a piece of donut that you would smell like. Oh, if only I hadn't been caught." Grey seemed to simply mess with the idea of the stalker probably not in Ciaran's favor as they played this incredibly dramatically.

"I have taken advantage of this voice on many occasions and I am truly surprised for you to believe I am a rose witch. The Grey one has been gone for eons. I could simply be a fetch portraying this to simply get your attention and steal those precious pastries you have." The Thief now seemed to go against the idea seemingly surprised that they accepted something so easily from someone who could have easily been anything else except a rose witch.

"Going to see what has happened is top priority! We can't miss out on it, can we?~ So we will have to play cards and twenty questions after~."

"Agreed, young maiden. Lead the way and I shall follow since it is of course my destiny to stalk such things." The Thief replied towards Kali's words as they seemed prepared to enjoy this as well as curious on what had caused such magical force. They held their tarot cards close. Shuffling them quietly as they trailed behind. Whatever potentially caused this could be dangerous and if needed they would do what they must to assure things would be settled.

"Oh, also...Don't threaten my familiar! Ciaran is to adorable and important for me to let that pass~."

"Oh? Fine then..." The Thief replied with their own voice as they seemed disappointed. "If I must, I shall turn them into a fish simply for you. Generally I wouldn't go that far, but I'll humor you if I must." The Thief King relented as if giving into her stubbornness despite it still potentially sounding like a threat. "Though, I can make adorable fish. If you believe I can't, give me him for a moment. I promise it wouldn't hurt as much as you believe." Though those last words were supposed to offer some calmness to Ciaran instead they sounded like something that even this magic crafter hadn't ever attempted.

Though as they continued their approach towards the cause of the explosion. The character seemed prepared for the worse despite their words. It seemed odd to see such an energetic and enjoying tone as their body remained calm and focused as they moved.

The three of them would eventually confront the severity of this force and also the power that had caused it. They would also meet this strange group that had called them; The Troublesome Cait Sith, Curious Voodoo Witch, and Cursed King of Thieves.

Last edited:
  • Love
SHIRA
Mentions/interactions: Maddie @Strawberry275
Shira waited for Maddie to climb on and grab the harness. Knowing full well maddie didn't want to leave, but they weren't sure what it was. She looked around and jumped from, open spot to open spot making sure Maddie held tightly. She noticed a low hanging branch and looked back at maddie. “ Hold tightly I don't want to lose you.” She said. Shira waited for a opening and ran through the crowd before leaping for the low branch. Making it with Maddie still clung to her, she looked around for the way she wanted to take. Climbing the tree she went to the next branch and jumped to the next tree. She did this for a block or so before, she climbed down.

Making her way to the ground safely, she lay down so Maddie could get off. They were far enough away from the chaos that Shira felt safe enough to set Maddie down. Once Maddie was off she stood at her side protectively wondering now what? What were they going to do she had wanted to spend more time at the festival, vut with all festivities ruined and the screaming and running she prefer Maddie was no where near it. Shira looked over at Maddie she follow her wherever, not wanting to let her witches wife out of her sight.”What would you like to do now?”She asked Maddie curious. She looked down a moment, she had liked the new familiar collar/necklace she gotten it was blue and grey with sapphires in it. She gotten it from the familiar tent. Her attention however went right back to maddie.

Collaboration post between Isolde and Diana

Diana could not muster an iota of resistance. Weak, pathetic, abandoned and most important of all, having lost all hope in the face of overwhelming force, she could only cry as Isolde lifted her, clutching the teenager tight to her body while the building collapsed. Cracks spread through the prison’s many walls, terribly sharp knives cutting into its life. Groans along with creaks became evident within seconds. Walls bent under the sheer stress of floors. A slow, agonising death tapped every corner Isolde rounded, almost as if it had given chase.

Just as the exit appeared, a loud snap resounded through the building. In an instant, all support columns gave away with an unbearable cacophony. Despite her tears, Diana found herself screaming as the world collapsed around her, pathetic hands holding on for dear life. Her world filled with the sight of rupturing chaos for a split second before light claimed it. She almost thought Heaven finally claimed her.

But no.

Bright skies opened up instead and even in her whirlwind of panic, Diana found herself breathless.

Freedom.

Her wish.

Had the pendant fulfilled it? She still clutched it in her hand, holding onto it as though it held her life and her tears dried up ever-so-slowly as Isolde blitzed through the streets. She left behind dozens of citizens, almost too fast for Diana to see anything and yet still… This did not prove Isolde’s good intentions. She may have saved the scared teenager from death, but death would have been salvation compared to prison. Besides, in her heart of hearts, Diana could see her fate: kidnapped yet again, taken as far away from her family as humanly possible, kept around only for amusement… Lacking a way out once again.

Doomed to die a miserable death.

Isolde could tell the girls fear did not settle despite her focus upon the surrounding destruction that threatened their survival. Well, mainly Diana’s survival considering her weak state. She doubted her chances if anything fell upon the girl that she would be remotely okay. A tired sigh passed from her lips, the red now coated with a grey dust from the crumbling walls along with most of her face. The vampire could taste it upon her lips and it was slowly festering her sense of irritation. Escaping the building was no issue but she had to try to get Diana away safely and keep her hidden.

For a moment, Isolde tightened her grip on the girl so she could reach into her pocket awkwardly to see if her phone survived. Though her hopes were cruelly dashed when she revealed it to find it smashed and twisted, most likely crushed when she was earlier. She withheld a vicious hiss as she shoved it back into her pocket, blue eyes gleaming dangerously as she took care not to look at the child she was trying to save. It would only make her fear increase.
“Sorry little one, you're going to have to stay with me for now…”

Luckily, Isolde often trekked the streets when boredom finally crept into her mind and she ended up taking a walk despite her hatred for the sun. It also helped that she owned an apartment in a fairly nice but quiet area of Nauchtwald that wasn’t far. She quickly glanced to Diana who seemed to observe the world around them but other than the scream before, seemed silent. The silence concerned her but she would try talk again with her when they were both safer. With a final, small frown she shook her head and began to head towards her home, avoiding the masses as well as she could.

~

It didn’t take long for her to hurry up the steps of the building she lived in, releasing Diana for a moment so she could stand as Isolde dragged a set of keys from her pocket. Only a single bat charm hung from its ring, an annoying gag-gift from Henry but it was amusing despite her denial of it. Unlocking the door, Isolde finally seemed to settle visible. Her figure that previously stood tall and rigid now relaxed, shoulders slumping. The door swung open to reveal a pretty pristine but slightly cold apartment. A red and white theme stood out most, though there was splashes of matt black in the form of her tables, wall art and chairs. Only a few personalised and warm objects were scattered around and a few pictures. However, it was home for her. Stepping around Diana, she held the door open with a small attempt at a smile as her relaxing seemed to reveal her own exhaustion.

“Come on in then, kid.”

Every moment they spent in the streets served to add another layer of despair on Diana’s emotions. She could feel her useless body shake in Isolde’s hands and her mind entertained terrible fates awaiting her, repeating horrifying pictures without end. She barely registered the passage of time; only waking when Isolde set her own her own two feet. Of course, Diana almost collapsed under her body’s frail weight. The woman could see her wobble in place for several seconds before she braced herself against the wall.

Naturally, she picked up on Isolde’s words, but she had no idea where to place them. She understood every single one, however, dread gripped her heart as she contemplated her situation. Was her captor trying to get her take a step of her own volition? Make her sell herself into slavery? Diana’s dried tears almost started running again as she thought of malicious intentions, however…

This did not seem like a prison.

Sparse, definitely. Prison? No. No bars on the windows. No dirty floor. From an angle, it even looked pleasant! The red-white-black combination seemed artistic, almost intricate. A few personal possessions lay scattered about. Diana could not identify any of them and while they lent a sense of home to the apartment, they refused to calm her troubled heart. So instead of answering verbally, she shook her head. Taking a fearful step backwards in an attempt to distance herself from Isolde, she let dread rule her actions.

Isolde watched quietly without saying a word. Mostly, she dared not to at the moment in case it terrified Diana further. However, her refusal to come in seemed to stress the vampire out further. Letting out a deep sigh she shook her head, hand running lazily through knotted blonde strands as she looked around her home. “Diana.You are free. Will you just come in? I need to get you something to eat for a start, I doubt they fed you well.” Isolde pointed out, eyes flicking to the girl and then to the visible kitchen counter. Not eating food herself she had food and water simply because Skylar was often over - she just hoped that it would be okay for the girl to eat. Isolde was pretty sure the girl wouldn’t be able to eat anything heavy in her current state. “Aren’t you hungry?”

Free? No. Isolde only said that because she wanted to imprison her again, she wanted to see her suffer, writhe in a prison, forever staring, not even being able to talk. Diana shuddered from the thought, closing her eyes so as to prevent vertigo from claiming her right here and there. Words seemed to have lost their meaning to her, but she could not even flee. Not to mention her current captor seemed to be cruel enough to try and coax her with pretty words instead of actions.

Again, Diana shook her head, dreading what would come next.

”Please… don’t hurt me.” She knew it useless. But she repeated it anyways as she lifted her pendant to her throat.

Isolde’s gaze narrowed slightly before she stepped away from the girl and the door, heading further into the apartment. Her steps were slowly and if someone looked close enough, were sluggish as her body protested any shift or movement. She needed to heal. She needed blood but that was not possible right now. Stepping into the adjoined kitchen she headed over to the fridge, pulling it open with a small hum. Avoiding the bottom drawers which held her packets of blood, Isolde plucked some fruit, cheese and sliced meat she had available before throwing them onto the counter. “I won’t force you inside, Diana. I told you I will protect you but you need to eat and get clean.”. Grabbing a plate from the cupboard she also brought out some crackers and bread. It would have to do since Isolde didn’t want to risk cooking at the moment when she herself could feel the protests of her limbs. Also, she wasn’t sure what the girl could eat yet.

Sighing, Isolde opened a drawer to grab a knife to continue preparing some small foods for the girl. The apple was quickly sliced up and the vampire quickly put together sandwiches and crackers onto the plate. The knife was put into the sink to be cleaned later
as she whisked the plate up from the kitchen island and headed to the sofa, a black glass coffee table put in front where she settled the plate before stepping away.

“Just come in. Sit. Eat. You honestly need it…”

Eyes widened the moment Isolde stepped away from Diana, leaving her more than an arm’s length from the woman. Outside striking distance. Outside kidnapping distance. Outside punishment distance. Outside everything a captor could use to have power over their charge. Though fear still roared in Diana’s heart, this tiny realisation stuck with him and she seemed visibly conflicted. Even worse, Isolde started to get food from the fridge, mentioning a word Diana knew more than well enough.

“Eat” seemed foreign from her captor’s mouth, but it had left Isolde’s lips as the woman prepared easy dishes in front of Diana. The poor teenager felt her mouth fill with saliva, but she swallowed it forcefully so as not to be enraptured by an obvious trap. Because… it had to be? Yet at the same time, it seemed so incredibly sincere. A part of her, long buried by a year of cruel captivity, recognised the genuine air to Isolde’s words, yet Diana refused to accept it.

For the longest of times, she remained in the doorway, trying to reconcile her two selves. Hunger panged in her belly, but she refused to obey it for what seemed like eternity. Treacherous thoughts made her doubt Isolde’s intentions, no matter how honest they seemed… Yet in the end, despite the treacherous nature of the thought, hunger won out, helped along by bits of hope.

Heart throbbing in her throat, Diana walked up to Isolde to show her her palms: scratched, dirty and skinny beyond belief, she did not look like she could eat without catching at least five diseases in one go.

Isolde paused for a moment, she was still as the girl approached by her eyes widened when the girl showed her palms. Even if it was to show the dirt that covered them, to Isolde it was shocking considering the girl just moments before wouldn’t stand remotely close to her. It did take Isolde a moment to remember that humans easily fell sick...Something that caused her expression to shift into one of discomfort. Other than Skylar and a few others, her interactions and understand of mortals was limited.

“Right...You need to get clean. Then you can eat.”.

Looking around for a moment she pursed her lips before looking to Diana. She wanted to help the girl but at the moment, it seemed best to leave her to do things for herself. Nodding slightly she smiled faintly before walking slightly ahead. “Diana, follow me.”. It was nearby, enough to stay in view before she pointed to a closed door nearby. “That is one of the bathrooms.” She explained before walking further into the nearby hallway to reach out and open a door. It was a bedroom, though it seemed to differ from the common red, white and black theme. This time it was a softer blue and white theme. “This can be your room.” The vampire explained, standing a short distance from the door to let the girl peer in if she wanted.

Though she did not understand Isolde, Diana did follow her if just to see what would happen. She kept a respectful distance between herself and the woman, of course, more than enough to dodge a sudden movement of anger or perhaps a lash of unearned punishment if it came down to it… Not that she could trust her legs to act in time. Even like this, she felt as though she would collapse with each steps taken, but she could not eat with dirty hands. The thought made her stomach, along with her mind revolt.

And then, Isolde pointed out a bathroom, followed by… ‘your room’?

Diana’s eyes went as wide as saucers as she looked up at Isolde. Fear, apprehension, distrust and yet a single speck of hope shone in those brown depths. Conflict whirled inside her as she could not believe the words. Surely, then, a devious trap lurked behind them, the devil himself perhaps, or even worse! A kind, suffocating captivity that did not even let her die a slow death of hunger. Shivering in her storm of emotions, Diana could only stare.

Isolde watched with a curious gaze, observing Diana tiredly as she slowly leaned against the wall beside the door, her head settled against the wall. She watched the emotions flicker in brown depths before she reached out her free arm, pointing towards the door. “Diana. This room is yours. If it helps, I won’t go in there at all. Do what you want with it.” Isolde explained, her form still resting against the wall, exhaustion making her still. “Go on, go take a look.”

No. She refused to believe it. A stranger could not be this kind. Isolde had to have some ulterior motive or else it would not make any sense. For beasts lurked within the hearts of all people, looking for easy prey. A victim just like Diana. Paralysed to act in her own best interests, the teenager remained still. In fact, she took a step backwards as if to distance herself from sweet bait as she gathered her strength to speak.

”I… don’t… understand,” she half-lied, half told the truth. Her heart refused to accept such kindness. ”Need… umm… clean hands?” she tried again, venturing to a topic she felt safer to explore in the presence of her wicked captor.

Isolde could only sigh tiredly at the girls reaction. She wanted to help the girl but it wasn’t easy and her mistrust of Isolde was slowly wearing down her patience though she suppressed it. She did not want to repeat earlier. Nodding slightly she pushed herself out, eyes blinking away the tired weight that rest upon them as she headed over to the bathroom door. There was another attached to her own room but she doubted that one was better for the terrified girl. She opened the door, letting the it open slowly as she stood at the side of the door again. Inside continued the red and white theme but it was generally quite spacious. “Here you go.” She leaned around the door, pointing to the sink where some soap resided and wash clothes folded and stacked neatly. It was a guest bathroom mostly so it appeared untouched. “Soap is there. There is some wash cloths to use. Anything you need is in the mirror cupboards.” Isolde paused, tilting her head. “Are you okay finding everything?”

Once again, a weighty pause followed as Diana tried to take everything in. Her mind desperately attempted to place this good Samaritan behaviour somewhere within her world-view, yet it refused to fit and… and… and… and…!

Try as she might, she could not find anything wrong with Isolde’s behaviour. The woman remained at a distance, spoke in a relatively calm voice, refused to make any sudden movements, asked her questions and seemed to be showing her around. Despite the terror resting in Diana’s heart, she could not help acknowledging these facts, even if not on a quite conscious level. Fear slowly transformed into unease as she looked for any sign of trickery, not quite sure what to do with the information along with this strange situation.

In the end, she took hesitant steps towards the bathroom door. Watching Isolde from the corner of her eye, Diana nodded mutely, then stepped inside, closing it after herself like a polite girl. Then she started at it for what felt like hours.

Isolde did not burst through.

After about ten or so minutes of complete and utter silence, the teenager heaved a heavy sigh she did not know she had been holding. With trembling limbs, she cast off her clothes, or rather, her rags, then took to the painful task of inspecting her pathetic, fragile body.

Diana looked like a skeleton and she could not even muster the tears about it, for it had become a fact of life long ago. The dirt alarmed her more so, for it seemed to have seeped into every little bit of her being. She scrunched her nose at the sight, hesitating as she dared to look around the room to find herself a shower. She did not have the capacity to care about clothes or anything like that; hunger still burned within her belly and the quicker she got done with this the better.

Swallowing the fear of her new environment, Diana stepped into the shower. It took her more than an hour to scrub herself clean.

• Love
Reactions: Dark_Psycho
Kari
Mentions/Interactions: Karn @Denali Kali and mother @Sanguine Fox

Kari having grabbed her stuff, the money, the contracts, and the cursed items to pawn. She have to find one on the way or do it tomorrow since now the one nearby was closed. She ran with Karn out of the stalls and into the forest that had been nearby. After a bit she slowed down and looked at him. “ Follow me.”She said softly and made twists and turns through muddy areas, swamps and rivers. She finally passed over a tree under a bone archway. She walked around certain things and looked at Karn. “ Don't touch anything here Shakra curses his things.”She said. She ducked her head under a object that was hanging from the bone canopy that lay over the yard cluttered with jars, bones, teeth, eyes, tongues, intestines, limbs, fingers and toes,claws, fangs spider webs, in the jars there were a variety of liquids even some held different things. In the middle of it all was a fire and a cauldron over it bubbling and brewing, the smell was great, but even Kari never dared to touch her tutors things. She walked to the little hovel that was hidden a bit back and knocked on the door.

She waited and knocked rapidly again and again. “ Shakra its me open up I need to discuss something with you.”She said. “Please its urgent.”Her voice hopefully going through the heavy wood. She stepped back when she heard footfall and the door creak open a older male looked at her, he had tanned skin, and wrinkled. He looked her over then at Karn. “You brought your familiar this must be serious, come in both of you.”He said and opened the door more and walked in. Kari looked ar Karn and smiled reassuringly. She never brought him here ever. Karo didn't like him being to over protective especially she had things to learn that Shakra deemed a hazard to many. She walked into the hovel and took a seat and nods for Karn to lay down. She watched her mentor as he worked and finally came over. He smelled of sweat, herbs and something else the undead. He masked it with incense and nods to Karn. “ Welcome Young Karn, nice to finally meet my pupils Familiar.” He said and turned to Kari,”Now tell me.”He said.

Shakra took her hands and stared into her eyes, she looked back and waited. He nods pulling away, “ Ahh not good indeed, what you saw was a demon spirit, very uncommon and yet it has latched onto you my dear, you must be stronger than we thought. Your training must be intensified, no more useless work to harness your mind, this will be grueling, hard and will leave you exhausted. I am sorry but to never have a Demon spirit attach itself to you again we must teach you in a much harsher way. However for the time being I can rid you of this one, it wishes you no ill will just to drain you and become strong enough to harm those you love.”He nods to Karn and says Kali and her mother Distemper. “How is your mother?” he said as he got up to go mix some things together.

Kari looked down and away as her mentor asked. “Not good nothing helps anymore. I don't know she has much longer left.”She said. “Well we shall see when we are done here.”he said and mixed together a oddly green liquid. He handed her a vile. “ Drink, this will get rid of that Demon spirit, you will feel a bit disembodied from your familiar for a few hours, but it wears off after a bit.”He told her. Kari looked at Ksrn, but drank the vile anyway. She trusted Shakra and he had picked her. She didn't feel any different just like a dark cloud had been lifted from her. She did feel like static connection between her and Karn and their communication link it was a bit upsetting, but they be normal soon. Shakra handed her about 20 more vials of the stuff. “ You will need it again, until you learn to shut it all off. Which I will teach you. Now let's go see your mother.”He said and opened a door, behind it was a swirling dark mist. She stood and looked at Karn. Her hand went to the fur on his neck. “ Here we go Karn.”She said and stepped through behind Shakra, if you have never spirit traveled before, it can make you disoriented and cold as death. She done it a few times so she was more use to it then Karn.

They had landed in their house and she followed Shakra to her mothers room. She watched from the doorway a hand still in Karns fur. Her heart raced, her mother looked worse and had been drained if all color a small sheen of wet glistened on her forehead. Kari held the door frame and watched silently. Shakra had given her a vile and a pleasant look came over her face. “ This will give her some relief from the pain. And maybe some clarity, give her a purple vile every few hours and a blue around the same time. She maybe has days or hours left. However there isn't much we can do when the grim Reaper is calling to us. I know you can feel it. Spend what time you can with her and make her comfortable, but she won't be much longer for our world.”He said and put a hand on her shoulder. “ Be strong Kid, I know you have it in you.” He said and disappeared. Kari frowned, but she knew he was right, she could feel it, the tug. She knew when someone was close to death or about dead and her mother was very close her life force was dwindling. Where was her twin when she needed her.

Kari sat with her mother on and off putting a towel on her head and making her comfortable. She would often leave, even when her mother called her name, it was killing her to see her mother like that. She wrapped around Karn for some comfort and just lay wrapped up in him. Her head hidden. “Karn what do I do Kali isn't here and gods know when she will be back. What if our mother passes before your return? What then?”She asked. Her head hadn't moved a inch from him as she wondered what to do. Maybe this stuff Shakra gave her would delay it a bit longer. She finally pulled away and went to grab books, just to see if there was nothing she could do for her mother to try and delay deaths arrival in there home. She wound up falling asleep while she been researching vigorously about what to do. Her body slumped over the books at the desk.

Karn stayed close and followed her through the forest till they reached a cabin. “I won’t, don’t worry. I’m already cautious of this place.” He told her as he too ducked under the canopy. Being as tall as he was, he always managed to his head on something. It wasn’t the energy that he didn’t like about this place, it was more of what went on here that made him cautious seeing all the bones and human bits made him question what type of magic was used here. Once they reached the door, he stood behind her protectively as they waited. He could feel that she was scared and whatever it was growing stronger, this worried him.

Taking note of the older male, he could sense that he was master in the art and why he was tutoring Kari. When he stepped inside the hovel, his eyes darted about and noticed a certain picture. A picture of his tribe from a past life, but how? He didn’t dare touch it but wanted to ask when the time was right. He noticed Kari’s reasurring smile and nodded to her. Being a protector and the wolf that he was made him on edge a bit, but he had to put that aside in order to support whatever was going on. Karn laid down at her feet listening to the interaction between her and her mentor. “You as well. She’s told me alot about you.” He said to him telepathically, which was how he usually communicated with Kari.”

Hearing this made the fur on the back of his neck stand up. He didn’t like what he was hearing and he did his best not to show his anger even though he wanted to. He knew that she would never harm him but if she did it would would be out of self defense and he would cause more harm than good, that he didn’t want. Karn stayed at her feet watching carefully his eyes never leaving the older male.

Watching her drink the vile caused him whimper and whine out of worry. It was hard for him to feel that connection breaking and he didn’t like it. But this is what had to be done and he understood that. When she stood up he followed her and relaxed a bit feeling her touch along his fur. Karn let out a low growl of uncertainty. He nodded and continued to stay by her side as they spirit traveled.

He stayed by the door watching her move towards her mother giving her time and space. Seeing her emotions change he moved closer to her and nudged her hand he laid down on the rug curled up into a ball. He lifted his head up when she wrapped herself around him. He gave her gentle licks for comfort, but he still couldn’t communicate with her in his wolf form. He wished he could give her the answer as he usually does, but he couldn’t. He rested his head on her as a way to show her that he was still there for her even though their connection was temporarily severed.

Last edited: