The Ties That Bind

Maxim stopped his inspection for a moment to turn and make a show of bowing to her with a little flourish of his free hand, Amethyst wriggling and huffing in a way that suggested she would have been laughing in her human form as it dipped her almost upside down. "I wouldn't think of being anything less." He said, with a little wink to Amethyst for good measure as he stood back up, and gave her belly a little tickle as he moved to leave the room.

"I'd like to wait until Mercer gets back to me," he said with a shrug as he walked back out to the living room to look around the things stored in the apartment and wondering if it would be best to just move it all to the second bedroom. But for now it was fine for her to use his living room as her own. "At least then we might have a better idea of where is the best place to go. But we can go and look today, if you'd like. No use putting it off."

Any day would be dangerous, and she would be by his side anyway. He would watch out for her.

She blinked in surprise at his sudden turn, his over the top bow combined with Amethysts clear amusement, made her laugh softly.

Though it seemed so out of place, or at least unexpected, with his more stoic personality, she enjoyed his sense of humour and this more goofy side of him.

"Very good then Sir, I shall hold you too it." She intoned in a very haughty princess voice, playfully continuing the joke as she followed them out into the living room.

"Whenever you think is best." She shrugged a little, anytime would be dangerous so she was fine deferring to his judgement for now.

The playfulness, for the most part, was for the little wolf held in his arms, but Maxim was not immune to joking around in daily life. Having three children around of varying ages meant he also needed to know how to play - and besides, it helped to disarm people to know when it was time to crack a smile.

Amethyst was all too amused by the ruse between them, tail thumping happily against Maxim's chest as he toted her around. Getting the adults to play was the funnest game, after all.

"Shouldn't be much longer now." Maxim said with a shrug, finally moving to leave the room. "Let me drop the pup at daycare and we can make up an actual list of things to get." Amethyst gave a disappointed whine, but didn't try to struggle. While her father was working, it was best to hand her off to Simon and Aether for babysitting.

She smiled a little at Amethysts delight in their playing, even her disappointment was a little cute, she really was a sweet kid. "We'll have to play together again sometime."

She said to her brightly, she'd have been happy to babysit, though she didn't expect that to ever happen. Still some of her best memories as a child were taking care of the youngest kids, teaching them things or coming up with stories and games to entertain them.

"Guess we'll need a pen and paper." She seemed a little annoyed not to have her phone, since she could have just used that, but not overly so.