Original poster
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Invitation Status
Posting Speed
  1. 1-3 posts per week
  2. One post per week
  3. Slow As Molasses
Online Availability
Usually online at night. I hate typing on mobile, so sometimes I see messages but wait until I get to a computer to reply, I'm not ignoring you! D:
Writing Levels
  1. Elementary
  2. Intermediate
  3. Adept
  4. Advanced
  5. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. No Preferences
Genres
Fantasy, Modern, Magical, Romance, now mix and match.
30443342_186328885509588_1685642248754781425_n.png

I've always loved fantasy stories with compelling plots and characters that make you get attached to them, but something about medieval fantasy always seemed off to me. Most of the stories I had access to were about places with mountains, snow, evergreens, things I've never seen in person, being born and raised in a tropical country. I mean, I'm completely serious when I say the first time I've ever heard of blueberries was through books, and I have never tasted one in my life!

So when I started writing fantasy, I decided I'd write about what I know, and hopefully bring something different to the table. I don't know a lot about infiltrating stone castles surrounded by mountains, but I do know how to smuggle a sorceress in a fishing boat from one tropical island to another. Surviving winter is a bit weird to me, considering that winter temperatures here don't go below 20°C (that's 68F to Americans, right?) – but I damn well know what it's like to have plenty of water, fauna, and flora in one side of a hill, while there's a draught right next to it.

I started a Patreon page that's helping me pay my bills while I write -- at the moment the deal is to publish one chapter each month + one Q&A livestream to discuss characters, worldbuilding, etc. I have a ton of other ideas, like working in collaboration with patrons to bring their characters to my world and write a short story about them, but that would require having more patrons, since this is my only source of income currently (long story, I live in a third world country, got fired for being engaged to another woman, now I'm struggling to find another job).

Well, if that sounds like something you'd like to read, please check it out!​