Posting Speed
  1. Multiple posts per day
  2. 1-3 posts per day
  3. One post per day
  4. Multiple posts per week
  5. 1-3 posts per week
  6. One post per week
Online Availability
Depends on how crazy my life is at any given moment, but I'm usually online- at least for OOC purposes- at least once a day.
Writing Levels
  1. Adept
  2. Advanced
  3. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Primarily Prefer Female
Genres
Medieval Fantasy, SciFi, Modern/Superhero, Dystopian
Color is a powerful tool in writing. Proper description and hints at the coloring of settings and objects- and yes, even people- can set the scene with emotions that the writer wishes to convey. The proper combinations of colors can warn of impending disaster, show a character slipping into depression, or finish off a happy ending with a nice little bow.

The most common example of color association is black and white- black is often associated with night, darkness...evil, if you will. And on the opposite side of the spectrum, there is white. White is usually shown as being light, hope, and on the side of good.

So what is the purpose of this exercise series?

I want you to take a color that I give you...and twist it. I want you to take the common feeling of a color, weave it into your writing, and then shatter the preconception of what we thought it was. I want you to make an evil color good, and a good color evil. I want love to turn to hatred, and hatred to love.

...I'm sure you get the point.

RULES:
The most important rule to remember is that there are no rules. The only thing you have to do is twist the association!

Post length- anything!

Setting, genre, style- anything!

Wanna write a poem? Sure. One sentence? Sure. A novel will be fine if that's what you wanna do.

Really, the only thing I ask is that you (a: twist the association and (b: tell me if you don't want me to give your writing a review.

green
Today's color is: GREEN
ApwVpM4.png
Green is often associated with finances, fertility, luck, success, charity, growth, rejuvenation, ambition, greed and jealousy, the plant kingdom, and herbal healing.

Happy writing, folks!

divider by @Quincunx

This is the third time I've tried to do this challenge and I cannot get past the old movie Soilent Green. (Maybe I spelled that right?) It was an environmentally friendly product that was used for everything and people LOVED it only to find out at the end it was made from people that were ground up and then the stuff was dyed green. I am going to try though...sorry if this sucks..

Emma sat in the chair awaiting the procedure. She'd been debating this for a year or so, but the tiny lines and wrinkles on her face were starting to worry her, especially given her husband's profession as a photographer. He didn't seem to mind her gentle aging and even still chose to shoot her up close showing them all, but she was feeling those doubts creep in when she'd see young beautiful women coming in to be photographed for this or that client, or just for themselves. No, it was time to let the miracle workers prove their abilities.

She'd opted for a minimal amount of change, since she didn't want anything to appear like a sudden change. In fact, she was hoping no one would notice the subtle changes she intended to employ over the next year or so. This clinic had come highly recommended and was one of the more costly ones, but she felt their reputation spoke for itself and justified the price tag. Knowing all these things though, did not change the nerves she was feeling as she sat there and waited for her personal technician to enter.

A very sweet woman appeared. She was probably closing in on her sixties and her smile was kind as were her eyes. "Good morning Emma," she greeted with warmth and cheer, "All ready to erase those years?"

Emma wring her hands in her lap, "Yes...I mean no...wait..."

Laughter came from next to her, "Nervousness is completely normal."

Expelling a long slow breath Emma nodded, "I'm being silly. I know. Sorry Camille...I'm ready."

Camille grinned and then proceeded to make a few entries into the console next to Emma. "Close your eyes and relax...some people even sleep through the procedure." She then placed an electromagnetic agent onto the three areas of Emma's face that she'd requested; her laugh lines, one line on her forehead and the small crow's feet that were appearing at the corners of her eyes. Returning to the machine a soft hum signaled the beginning of the process. Thirty minutes later, Camille cleaned Emma's face off and then presented her with a mirror to inspect the changes.

Emma couldn't believe her eyes, "OH MY!" Turning this way and that way watching her reflection, she could not believe the change. It was as if there were never any wrinkles at all. She looked fresh out of high school again. "You really do work miracles here! I'll be sure to tell all my friends!"

Camille smiled at her, "Thank you! We do love when our customers send people to us. We appreciate the confidence and trust." She placed a gentle hand to Emma's and smiled, "You look beautiful."

Emma blushed, "You are too kind Camille." She noticed that the woman was bleeding, "Oh Camille...you've cut yourself."

Camille blushed deeply and hurried to the sink, "Clumsy of me. Nothing to worry about, you enjoy your day. I will be fine."

"Are you sure?"

"Perfectly, don't you worry about me. I'm fine."

"Ok Camille, I'll see you in a few months."

"I'll be looking forward to that!' she smiled as she ran the cold water over the place that she was bleeding. Once Emma was out of the room, she reached for the probe that was attached to the machine and reattached it. She hit some buttons on the keyboard and the probe lit up and sealed the wound properly. Somehow she'd not given enough time for it to close before she'd detached it. Their clients could never know what really happened there. She looked at her finger and then took up the mirror and looked at her face. There was the line on her forehead, and the deepened lines on her cheeks, and the few extra lines at the corner of her eyes. One day, she would have to transfer some of these lines to another recipient, and reclaim her own youth. She'd been making other people look younger for a year now, and she no longer looked anything like herself. There was no evidence of the thirty year old she actually was. Who would she be able to talk into this though? Maybe a cancer patient who would like a bit of extra money for their family to have after they died. It wouldn't matter if they looked old. Suddenly an odd smile lit her face as she realized what a good idea that actually was...or maybe the beginning of a really great idea.

• Nice Execution!
Reactions: noodle
It is 2160 when the meat industry is ingloriously outlawed in the United States of America. Validating generations of advocacy, a cultural metamorphosis towards produce and protein substitutes -- the ban is proposed out of necessity. Globalized corporate pollution pushes the fragility of an eroding atmosphere. Metropolitan centers along the west coast are uninhabitable. The American population bulges; land mass only shrinks in response. And the animals slaughtered in daily regiment, when fed and packed, still fail to outsell lab-grown alternatives. The ban is extreme and progressive and precise and sends a message after years of circumlocution. The response is radically positive.​
This is the Green Year, the new year, and you and several hundred-thousand other Russian immigrants have reclaimed your stations on the assembly line, tasked with turning water to wine, greeted by the rapture of mechanical automation and the stench of soy.​

Very short -- could factor as a writing prompt or the start of some Orwellian narrative. But it was inspired by the prompt and I might do more with it down the line :]

• Nice Execution!
Reactions: noodle