Wait, what did they just say in that song?

Aero Blue

he hears his master's voice
Original poster
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Posting Speed
  1. One post per week
Online Availability
5-11 EST weekdays, anytime weekends.
Writing Levels
  1. Give-No-Fucks
  2. Adept
  3. Advanced
  4. Douche
  5. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Primarily Prefer Female
Genres
Superhero, urban fantasy, space opera, crime thriller, supernatural
Straight up, sometimes when you listen to a song, you hear a lyric that is so profoundly ridiculous (... and not necessarily in a good way) that it physically stuns you. It voids your brain and fills in the gaps with what-the-fuckery.

Like today, I was listening on the radio to that round two collab with DJ Khaled, Justin Bieber, Chance the Rapper and Quavo ("No Brainer"), where Quavo dropped this horror.

"I blow the brains outta your mind
And I ain't talkin' 'bout physically
I'm talkin' 'bout mentally."

quavo what the fuck? plays on gun violence threats ain't charming!!!

What's the most ridiculous or, if you want, worst single song lyric you've ever heard? Multiple is always fun too.

Honorable Mention: "Lemonade was a popular drink, and it still is."

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: noodle and Ardent
"Zip your lips like a padlock"

I don't think Kesha understands how a padlock works.

• Haha
Reactions: Shiri and Aero Blue
"You try singing without music, sweetheart." (Pippin, Finale)

… There's this thing. It's called Acapella. It's singing without music. It's such a strange line from the Pippin musical.

" We can't keep pretending cause there's no such thing as heroes who are queer." (Bare: A Pop Opera, Ever after)

I abhor this line since it is wrong on so many levels. It also is the weirdest lines to have an LGBTQ+ musical, but it's also a fundamentally wrong line since there are indeed queer heroes. And there were ones when this musical was written.

" I checked your Browser cache. Fox News for shame." " I was just looking for truth, dad." -Freaky Friday, Busted

…. Fox News is NOT known for truth, teenager character. Why were you looking for truth on it?

• Haha
Reactions: Spekkun
I want to insert a lyric ... but how about the entire song of Nikki Minaj's Anaconda.

I had to cover my ears and sing about rainbows. Sorry.

• Haha
Reactions: Spekkun
I have heard this song and I feel like it was one of those things were they were just finding words that rhymed as they went or... I don't know.
Just a shy guy looking for a 2-ply
Hefty bag to hold my love
When you move me everything is groovy
They don't like it sue me

I have heard this song and I feel like it was one of those things were they were just finding words that rhymed as they went or... I don't know.

oh rofl

that's Train (the Drops of Jupiter band). Patrick Monahan's lyrics are mostly nonsensical, and read like someone having a conversation with a lot of digressions. That make me cringe.

like this shit:

Someday I'll find a love like yours
She'll think I'm Superman
Not super-minivan
How could you leave on Yom Kippur?

Reactions: Kitti
Honestly, whenever I listen to "Thnks fr th Mmrs"/Thanks for the Memories by Fall Out Boy, I can't help but be caught off-guard by the line "He tastes like you, only sweeter", since I can't tell if it's supposed to be from the point of view of a man or a woman.

Last night past midnight someone sang an emotional song containing the following:

She is all of this mixed up
And baked in a beautiful pie

• Haha
Reactions: Aero Blue
Like a G6 <- Just period. I listened to this song for the first time in 6 years. Holy Jesus Christ they thought they were so cool rhyming blizzards with slizzards.

Reactions: foodforpigs
Honestly, whenever I listen to "Thnks fr th Mmrs"/Thanks for the Memories by Fall Out Boy, I can't help but be caught off-guard by the line "He tastes like you, only sweeter", since I can't tell if it's supposed to be from the point of view of a man or a woman.
idk if it counts but on the lyrics page that phrase is in quotations, so i think its from the lips of the woman

also id post lyrics from alt-j but i cant fucking understand joe newman at the best of times

• Thank You
Reactions: Cyan
"Kicking your cat all over the place". I was a kid, I didn't know any better, so that's how I sang the song.

:cookie:

• Haha
Reactions: Shiri and noodle
@Nemopedia Waitresses. Oh wow, I'm happy to know something else into musicals.

"But still, I sense a gremlin in the system of perfection." - Oh Biology, Freaky Friday .

Though this whole song can enter this category. Let me phrase it this way. This song has Katherine, ( the 40 year old mom, inhabiting her daughter's body) crushing on her daughter's crush because of hormones. I repeat this song is about how a 40 year old woman can't control her teenage daughter's emotions about her crush. It's weird and it is literally the only song like this. Bonus points: This is from a Disney musical. ( But seriously, how did this get passed the censors at Disney?)

"Kicking your cat all over the place". I was a kid, I didn't know any better, so that's how I sang the song.

:cookie:
My brother thought it was "waving your bladder all over the place". So.

Dr. Dre - Forgot About Dre ft. Eminem said:
Slim Shady, hotter than a set of twin babies
In a Mercedes-Benz with the windows up when the temp goes up to the mid-80s

And basically the entirety of Eminem's Almost Famous has not only a ridiculous rhyme scheme but some of my favorite plays on words in basically any song ever.

Eminem - Almost Famous said:
I stuck my dick in this game like a rapist
They call me Slim Roethlisberger
I go berserker than a fed-up post office worker
I murk her with a Mossberg, I'm pissed off, get murdered
Like someone took a ketchup squirter, squirted a frankfurter
For a gangster, you sure did shit your pants
When you saw the chainsaw get to waving like a terrible towel
How thangs turn around when his fangs come out
Get your brains blown out, that's what I call blowin' your mind
When I come back, like nut on your spine
I'm a thumb tack that you slept on, son
Now here I come, screaming "Attack!" like I just stepped on one
Low on the totem 'til he showed 'em defiance, giant scrotum
He don't owe them bitches shit, his britches, he outgrowed 'em
He's so out cold, he's knocked out at the South Pole
And nobody fucks with him, rigor mortis and post mortem
He's dyin' of boredom
Take your best rhymes, record 'em, then try to thwart him
He'll just take your punch lines and snort 'em
Shit-stained drawers, you gon' fuck with a guy
Who licks the blades of his chainsaws
While he dips 'em in P.F. Chang's sauce?
Game's up, homie, hang it up like some crank calls
You think I'm backin' down?
You must be out of your dang skulls; I'm almost famous

Like... how do you come up with some of this shit

"I'm catnip to the guys." - Legally Blond, Bend and Snap

….. I have so many questions, but here's one. Why did you pick catnip? I love musicals, but this is one of the cool and still silly lines.