Original poster
DONATING MEMBER
LURKER MEMBER
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Invitation Status
Posting Speed
  1. Slow As Molasses
Online Availability
late. [well... most of my partners seem to think so anyways] ... it varys, best to just check with me ^_^
Writing Levels
  1. Intermediate
  2. Adept
  3. Advanced
  4. Prestige
  5. Douche
  6. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
  3. Primarily Prefer Female
Genres
Slice of Life is my favorites, but I also love fandom based* and country based rps. I'm open to trying most things, but there are a couple that I won't do.

*I'm not interested in fandoms I don't know and I am not interested in playing canon characters. I only play OCs.

1x1 between @~Dark Disney~ and myself

Dragonheart Zoo
Season & Temperature :: Summer .. 84/63 -- current 81
Date :: August 3, 2018
Time :: Around 6pm

• Claes_Olivier_Valentino_-_16.jpg

~ Olivier Valentino Claes ~
    'Oli'

~ 34 -- June 23rd ~

~ New Owner of Dragonheart Zoo, Zookeeper-in-Training ~

~ Father to Remus, August and Octavia. Eventual friends with Jax. Eventually falls for Opal. ~

tumblr_o1bx04vJmA1tw3lmao7_500.jpg

~ Minty Fresh :: female :: 9 mo :: albino rosy boa ~

tumblr_o1bx04vJmA1tw3lmao2_400.jpg

~ Blizzard :: male :: 6yr :: white german shepherd-wolf mix ~

• Kovac_Remus_Quentin_-_15.jpg

~ Remus Quentin Claes ~
    'Rem, Werewolf'

~ 14 -- August 5th ~

~ 9th grader at Uintah High School in Vernal, UT [it is about 2 hours away, but is the closest high school] ~

~ Brother to August and Octavia. Son to Olivier. ~

• Flagg_August_Leonard_-_7-12.jpg

~ August Leonard Claes ~
    'Aug, Auggie'

~ 9 -- August 16th ~

~ 4th grader at Davis Elementary School in Vernal, UT [it is about 2 hours away, but is the closest elementary school] ~

~ Brother to Remus and Octavia. Son to Olivier. ~

• Hush_Octavia_Arin_-_2-7.jpg

~ Octavia Arin Claes ~
    'Tavi, Tavia'

~ 5 -- September 3rd ~

~ 1st grader at Davis Elementary School in Vernal, UT [it is about 2 hours away, but is the closest elementary school] ~

~ Sister to Remus and August. Daughter to Octav ~

• 15565-Hot-Cowgirl.jpg

~ Opal Renard ~

~ 30 -- June 13th ~

~ Head Zookeeper ~

~ Best friends with Harley. Eventually falls for Olivier. ~

• image-original.jpg

~ Jax Teller ~

~ 30 -- October 13th ~

~ Security ~

~ Father to Anna. Good friends with Emery. Eventual friends with Olivier. Dating Kiara for 5 years. ~

• Bailey_Kiara_Grace_-_13.jpg

~ Kiara Grace Bailey ~
    'Ki, Kia, Kiki'

~ 26 -- June 19th ~

~ Head Veterinarian ~

~ Mother to Anna. Best friends with Aaron. Friends with Amber. Dating Jax for 5 years. ~

• 8a2_5f9382ae_7fa7_40e9_b998_b74fd52d8446_0.jpg

~ Anna Teller ~
    'nn'

~ 2 months -- June 2nd ~

~ infancy ~

~ Daughter to Kiara and Jax. ~

• Rose_Emery_Axel_-_17.jpg

~ Emery Axel Rose ~
    'Em'

~ 32 -- December 12th ~

~ Security, Former Army Sergeant [served from 18 to 26] ~

~ Good friends with Jax. Huge crush on Amber. ~

tumblr_oj6asti6VW1tw3lmao7_400.jpg

~ Alfie :: male :: 8yr :: german shepherd -- retired war dog, missing front left leg ~

• 09d6e215f5a2f9b2850c4aeab2405c26.jpg

~ Amber Benning ~
    'nn'

~ 29 -- October 31st ~

~ Accounts Manager ~

~ Friends with Kiara. Crush on Emery. ~

• ZD7PdAk__400x400.jpg

~ Aaron Tevit ~
    'nn'

~ 27 -- December 15th ~

~ Animal Trainer/Enrichment Expert ~

~ Best friends with Kiara. Crush on Harley. ~
  • OSullivan_Harley_Eve_-_11.jpg

~ Harley Eve O'Sullivan ~
    'Har, Hess, Sully'

~ 22 -- July 8th ~

~ Zookeeper ~

~ Best friends with Opal. Will eventually fall for Aaron, is currently oblivious about his crush on her. ~

O'Sullivan, Harley - Binx, Jinx.jpg
    ~ Binx & Jinx :: male & female :: 3yr :: savannah cats ~

• Love
Reactions: Dark_Psycho
~ X .. Olivier ~ X .. Remus ~ X .. August ~ X .. x .. Octavia ~ X .. Emery ~ X .. x .. Kiara ~ X .. x .. Harley ~

Looking down at the watch on his wrist, then up at the glaring afternoon sun, Emery let out a quiet sigh as he paced in front of his booth. Dragonheart wasn't the most popular zoo, and it was really a pretty small establishment, having seen a lot in it's heyday ... well, now with the original owner dead almost four years, the place was seeing less upkeep and less income than ever in the past ... at least that's what the monthly budget and accounts meeting that Amber Benning ran had said the last few months. Now... well, they were expecting a new arrival any time now. The Grandson or something of the previous owner. For whatever the reason, this guy, Valentin or something, had finally accepted the offer to take over the zoo.

Catching sight of two approaching vehicles going opposite ways, and what looked like a moving truck following the one heading toward the Zoo, Emery slipped back into his booth and hit the button to raise the gate allowing the slightly beat up, red toyota out before tapping onto microphone and waiting while the passenger of the black dodge pickup let the window roll down. Though there was a bit of tint on the windows, Em could still make out what looked like two more people in the back, kids though... and the passenger closest to him was young too. "Hello, moving truck belong to you?" he asked into the mic and listening to the response. Taking a half step away from the buttons on the speaking machine he reached up and pressed into his walkie "Hey everyone, Owner arrived... he's got company." Emery kept the message short and sweet as he offered the family a smile "head on in. Officer Teller will be around to direct you to the house in a minute."

Olivier ducked his head a bit to be seen easier through the window since it was a bit of an awkward angle as they were talking to the security guard. "Yessir. I'm Olivier Claes, we arrived a few days earlier than anticipated" he said briefly, trying to keep his voice somewhat soft as to not wake either of the little kids in the back seat. "Thanks" he murmured before returning his attention ahead of him and carefully making his way through the narrow and fairly low gates at the entrance. Hopefully the moving truck would clear it without breaking the structure or getting stuck.

Stopping the truck beside a ranch-like building maybe one hundred feet from the entrance, Oli climbed out of the truck to stretch his legs while he waited on Officer Teller. Running a hand through his short, golden blonde hair, the thirty-four year old was beginning to regret not wearing a hat... but they weren't pleasant to drive with, and it was quite the drive coming all the way to Dragon, Utah from Roanoke, West Virginia. But, after all the kids had been through in the past seven months... no, the past three years really, it just seemed like time for a fresh start. "Rem, roll down all the windows, thanks bud" he said, peeking back inside at the three remaining members of his family. Life wasn't the same without his late wife, Ashley, the mother of his kids... but they coped well ... Remus especially had been a big help. He was able to sympathize with his mother's sickness to a degree, and he didn't complain too much about having to help with August or Octavia. It was always amazing to Olivier just how much they all resembled Ashley, especially his youngest. Everything from her looks to her personality just reminded him of her.

The drive had been long, and though he had swore to himself that he wouldn't fall asleep, Remus knew that he had done so at least a couple of times. Still, whatever small amount of naps it was that he had caught, Rem was fighting to stay awake now, even as their new home loomed closer and closer. In fact, he must have started to doze again, because he jumped suddenly when his dad gave his should a gentle nudge with his hand, asking him to press the button to roll down the window. "Oh, yeah ... sorry dad" murmured the almost fifteen year old. He didn't tune into whatever conversation was being held between the security attendant and his dad, Remus couldn't help himself anymore and essentially just gave up trying to stay awake. He slept another few minutes until he was asked to open the other windows, probably just so there would be better air circulation, gave a sleepy nod, pressed the buttons to open all four windows completely and promptly fell back asleep, his head half lolling out the open window. Finally allowing himself to succumb to the same fate his siblings had taken several hour earlier.

Today was kind of atypical, or at least it was atypical from the standpoint of the last two and a half months. Kiara stood outside the camel enclosure, observing the animals in view, in particular the one on the ground. Though she was still technically on maternity leave, there had been an emergency that they needed her help for when they called around eleven in the morning. Thankfully her staff had been able to keep the situation mostly under control until she got there about twelve thirty (she had to wait for a sitter to show up first... as much as she loved the zoo and intended to raise her daughter in the environment, Anna was only two months old. It wasn't all that safe to bring her out unless absolutely necessary just yet). Once she had gotten there though, everything was go-go-go. The emergency surgery had proved a success in house, but now they needed to wait for the sedatives to wear off so the injured Bactrian Camel could go back to being itself. Glancing down past the time on her phone, Kiki stared at her background: a picture of her long-time boyfriend cradling their daughter when she was only a few hours old, before sliding the smart phone into a pocket on her scrub bottoms just as she began to spot a flick of movement. Pressing herself closer to the gate and raising her binoculars, Kiara let out a sigh of relief as more movement pursued and he eventually stood up, albeit a bit shaky. Nodding to her team she began to head back to the main building so she could write up her report, and hopefully catch Jax before she left to go back home to their daughter. Regardless of all the new commotion about the new owner having arrived early, Kiara finally felt as though she had a human that was more of a priority than an animal... something that hadn't happened before.

"C'mon Taz" Harley coaxed as the prairie dog stubbornly sat on her foot to try to keep her from leaving "I'll visit you again later bud, but c'mon, for right now I've gotta head off" he said, lifting her foot in a slightly pointed position to try and get him to slide off ... which would have worked had he not scampered immediately over to the other foot before she had a chance to exit through the solid enclosure gate. Sighing, Harley started searching her pockets in an almost desperate manner. The last thing she needed was to radio for help because a prairie dog was infatuated with her. "aha!" she smirked, pulling out a slice of raw carrot ... she must have missed a piece from earlier. Breaking it into a smaller piece she offered the little rodent a portion first, waited for him to take it then tossed the other piece a few feet away when he looked up for more. Finally succeeding in escaping. Apparently it was true across all species. The way to a man's heart was through his stomach. Wiping her probably grimy hands on her shorts, the young lady made her way back to the main building ... or as she called it, the hut, when she stopped in her tracks at the sight of a pickup and moving truck. "Come in, Opal" she fiddled with the radio, hoping to hear over the static. Their budget was low, and Harley had the unfortunate and somehow utmost ability to break all four of the walkie talkies she had been given over her two short years at the establishment so far. Hopefully she had her walkie tuned to the right person, because lord knows she didn't have a cell phone as of yet. She was struggling enough just to pay rent, the few utilities she needed, school bills and food bills... she didn't need technology or transportation on top of that. "I may have missed something earlier, but we have a visitor... and either the hot guy outside the truck is our owner, or he made a seriously wrong turn somewhere cause a moving van followed him" she breathed in her usual, laidback and friendly voice as she stayed where she was off to the side of 'the hut'.

• Love
Reactions: Dark_Psycho
Jax Anna Opal Amber Aaron

The sun was now high in the sky as Jax had gone to the house to clean up from walking around in Jean's and a white t shirt he was hot and sweating. He drowned when, there was someone other than his girl in the house. "Umm I don't mean to be rude but who the hell are you?" He asked the girl. She said she was the baby sitter and that Kiara was at the Zoo. He nods. "You can go."He said and paid her to get out of the house. He went to shower and then check on his daughter. His skin was warm from the shower and he held his tiny daughter to his chest. "Oh Anna hey my baby girl. Look at you." He said and smiled. He took her to the room and set her in the middle of the bed. He put pillows around her and went to put on new Jean's, a black shirt and brush his hair back. Jax was very protective of his newly born daughter well she was 2 months old, but he still was protective of her and didn't want some stranger he didn't know watching his baby girl.

Finishing up and slipping work boots on after he put deodorant on. Walking over he picked up his little girl and gently lay her in his arm. He walked to put her in her career and buckled his little girl in. He went to put her in his car. He drive back to the zoo and saw that there was a new vehicle and a moving van had showed up. He had heard his name called over the radio. “Opal mind grabbing that for me, I am off to talk to Kiara for a bit.” He said. He got a copy and drove for the office. He parked and went to the back grabbing his daughter. “Oh alright beautiful. He took her out of her car seat and held her as he walked into the office looking for Kiara. He walked over to her and leaned on her door. “Knock knock, look who came to see mommy at the office, even though she is supposed to be at home resting.” He said and walked over he kissed his girlfriend's head. “ you're not supposed to be back yet, babe. Why didn't you tell me you were coming in.”Jax said as he watched Kiara. He wasn't mad, just curious and little upset. She knew he came home at lunch to see her and his baby girl. She could of told him she was coming here and leaving their daughter with a stranger.

Opal had gotten her bestfriends call on the radio and smirked. She been petting a monkey that she been nursing back to health and was now reintroducing him back to the others. He was messing with her hair and she laughed. When the voice came in over the radio she stepped over to the cage door and tried to get the monkey to get on a branch. “Go for Opal.” she smirked as she listened to her best friend talk about the new owner. “Harley I am pretty sure that is our new owner.” She said and smiled laughing as the Monkey played in her hair. She finally got him to go off her shoulder and play around. She watched making sure they got a long. Before heading out and fixing her hair a bit. “Yeah I got it Jax no worries.”She said. She hopped in her gold cart and drove over to where the van was. She parked and got out. She smiled as she slipped her cowboy hat on. “Well hello you must be the Zoos new owner. Welcome. I am Opal. I know I am not Jax as Emery told you, but our security is dealing with something so I will take you, just follow me in your vehicle.”Opal said smiling gently. She got in her cart and drove him along the back roads to where he was going to live.

Opal stopped outside a house where the moving van had come to a stop. She got out and smiled. “This is where you will stay, When your all unpacked I can take you guys out to look at the property and all that. If you need anything here is the numbers of everyone here at The Zoo don't call Kiara she is on maternity leave her husband is Jax. So just call him.”She said. Opal went to get back in her cart. “Nice to finally meet you, I have somethings to finish up should be back in a few hours to see if you need a break and something to eat were a family around here we all eat together.” She said and smiled. “Oh Amber does all the accounts here if you can you want to talk to her. Aaron does all our training if you need any animals trained he is your man.” she says smiling. “Good luck be back around 6 and hour to show you the property and then dinners at 7.”She said. Turning on the cart she drove off and went to go back to doing things around the zoo.

Amber was sitting in the cool office as she was trying to keep the zoo a float, things had just gone down hill since the death of the owner. She was frustrated as she tried to rearrange things. Things were not going well. She hoped maybe this new owner could help save the zoo and the family. Or they were all done.

~ X .. Olivier ~ X .. Remus ~ X .. August ~ X .. x .. Octavia ~ X .. Emery ~ X .. x .. Kiara ~ X .. x .. Harley ~

"Hey Jax" Kiara replied quietly, a soft smile gracing her features as she finished letting her fingers file over the keyboard for another moment before pushing back from the computer and walking over to the two people she loved more than life itself. Gently stroking her daughter's hand with a delicate touch of her own, Kiara used her other hand to motion in the general direction of the Camel exhibit, where she had just come from. "There was an emergency with Clark, and Dr. Mason apparently just up and stormed out in the middle of last week because he didn't think he was being paid enough... so, being the only one eligible for surgery I didn't have much of a choice to come in. I tried to send a text when they paged me around eleven, but my phone is still acting up a bit sometimes. Sorry Jax." she apologized, rambling which was very unlike her. "I wasn't planning on staying after I logged the reports ... but I need to make sure all of the supplies we used are accounted for, not to mention I need to enter a data checksheet for the people who are able to keep an eye on him... I wanted to get Opal's recommendation on that... but I'll just print the sheet, sign it, put an order and clip board it and toss it on the pile with the others" she said, a soft sigh escaping her as she mentally racked her brain for how much work she would be coming back to in two months. "It sounds like some stuff is going on though, do you want us to wait around?" Kiara asked after a moment, leaning into her boyfriend as she let her dark gaze rest on their baby.

"Ohhkkaayyy ... glad I didn't just go and totally like make a fool of myself or whatever.. hey .. um ... you're not gonna make me go dig up the dragon costume from the bottom of the hut and wear that to welcome his kids are you?" Harley asked, half jokingly, remembering her first few days at the zoo. The twenty-two year old had been told it was 'newb-tradition' ... but she was almost certain it was because she was one of the only people small enough to comfortably fit in it... after all, she stood at barely five-feet tall and weighed in at around one-o-eight. Pulling open the wooden door at the side of the hut she ignored the painfully squeaky hinges and walked inside, Straddling herself onto a metal folding chair as she staired at some of the numbers over Amber's shoulder "soo... either you're preparing for Christmas but lost your green pen, taking a trip to hell, or we're screwed unless the new guy Opal just showed to the house on the hilltop can fund us and be our saviour?" she asked, tilting her head to the side as she popped the top up on her sports bottle and took a drink, letting Amber decide whether or not she wanted to put up with the younger girl's antics.

Olivier looked at Opal as she came up and reflexively went to tip his hat... which was absent still. That was not something he'd be used to anytime soon. Settling for a nod of his head he gave her a friendly smile "Howdy, Olivier Claes, thanks miss" he said gratefully, retreating into his vehicle and changing gears again as he followed, shortly hearing the industrial noise of the moving van close behind. Parking just outside the driveway of the new ranch-style home, Oli climbed back out of the truck, this time followed by his eldest son who, though a bit sleep depraved, was looking around with a bit more interest now that they seemed to be at their final destination. "Understood, thanks again Opal" Olivier said, honestly glad to have the time to move in. "Why don't you do the honors. Mom would want you kids to see it first, I think only you and... maybe Auggie are awake" the young man said gently as he placed a slim silver key in the teenager's palm and opened one of the back doors to the truck, reaching across the carseat he gently rocked his nine year old's shoulder to help him wake up again "Welcome home Auggie. Let's go check it out" he said gently, keeping his voice soft as he undid the clips and straps on his five year old's carseat before pulling her sleeping frame into his arms. Octavia shifted a bit, sleepily manuevering herself, but still not waking to full alertness, the events of the last while must have finally gotten to her and this is the end result.

Luckily the house was still mostly furnished, really all they had to bring from their old house was any spare pieces they didn't want to get rid of, mattresses, electronics, toys, clothes, and other personal items. There was already a fully furnished kitchen, dining area and living room [minus electronics] at least. There appeared to be four bedrooms plus a study and a gym with potential to be guest bedrooms. The layout was spread all on one level which was nice, no stairs needed, though he would miss the basement from his old home. Unlike West Virginia though, he did get a two car garage here which was nice ... it meant either more storage space, or a space for a vehicle if Remus got one at some point.

Placing Octavia down on the couch in the living area they walking in on, Olivier went and helped the movers to unload the truck so they could get back on the road and stop charging him ... after all, he was far from rich. He wasn't poor... but he wasn't rich... especially not after paying his son's expensive medical bills, his wife's schooling bills, and then his wife's expensive medical bills. Checking his watch he grimaced at the time, it was almost six... normally he would try not to drag his kids into work matters... but they were kinda stuck with it today. "Hey sweetie" he said, lightly ruffling his youngest's hair when she finally started to wake, "You three get to meet some new people today... they're gonna help us run this place alright? They have a lot more experience than us" Oli said lightly, pulling Octavia onto his lap when she huddled into him. August gave a nod of acknowledgement before going back to running around with Blizzard and Remus already knew the information.

Emery stayed stationed until closing time came around and he flipped around the open sign to closed before walking out of his booth and headed for the hut a little ways off, knowing the meeting would start fairly soon. "How're the animals holding up, better than the rest of the place I hope?" Emery asked when he spotted Aaron, knowing his coworked worked far closer with the other animals than he did. Clicking his tongue, a moment later a three-legged german shepherd appeared at his side, trotting along obediently and alertly.

Jax looked down at his girl and sighed. He kissed her head, “Just call me next time or bring Anna to me. She can hang out with dad.”He said and sighed. “Mmm you can talk to Opal at dinner, we have the big family dinner tonight.”He said and wrapped around his girlfriend gently he loved her, they been together 5 years now and probably was best that he didn't propose right after them having a child. He wanted to, he had the ring for his girl. “You finish up will wait and then we can talk to the others at dinner.”He said.

Grabbing a seat, he held Anna to his chest as she slept. His little girl had her mouth slightly open and sucking her lip in her sleep. It made him chuckle as he put his feet up on the desk and leaned his head back. He closed his eyes and gently rubbed Anna's back as he waited on his girl to do what she needed to do.

Jax hadn't realized he fallen asleep until, Opal walked in and started talking. He opened his eyes to his daughter moving and the sound of a voice. Rubbing a hand along his face he groaned and sighed.

Opal shook her head at her friends question. “Not this time.” She replied back. Opal had driven off from the male and gone to the office. She walked in and started talking not realizing Jax was back, asleep and had the baby. “ Hey Kiara , so how did everything go with the camel? Also our new boss is hot.”She said and noticed Jax looking her direction. She saw the baby and gasped holding her mouth. “I am so sorry I didn't know you had the baby with you.” She said and smiled. “Oh my god can I hold her, she is so darling.”Opal said fawning over there baby. Jax nods and gently hands her over. Opal holds her and smiles. “Oh my god she smells so good, she is so precious.”Opal said as she held her. “thank you” Jax said and took his daughter back.”See you in a few.” He said.

Amber didn't look up from her work when Harley came in. She sighed and leaned back when Harley spoke. “We need a fucking miracle and lets hope this guy is it or we all lose our jobs and the animals.”Amber sighed and put a hand through her blonde hair she sighed and looked at the time. We should probably stop for today and get out of here. We have that dinner tonight with everyone and our new boss.”She said and put down the paper she was working on. She hid the paper in a file and locked it away in a drawer. Exiting out of everything she snapped the monitor off and turned to grab her purse and belongings. See you in a few Harley. She said smiling and walked out. She grabbed her keys and made her way to her cart to go to her place. She didn't live far, she lived on property like most did, it was easier if something was needed at night. Amber went home to shower and change.

Aaron smiled as he walked up to Emery. “there doing good. Definitely better than the rest of this.” He said. “ So we got a new boss today guess will be meeting him in a few hours. He said and nods to Emery off to shower and get ready.”He said

~~~~~

Opal had come back dressed in skinny jeans tank top with a small vest over it boots and her hair down. She parked outside the residence of Oliver's house and walked up to knock on the door. She smiled when he answered. “ready for dinner? Come to bring you and your family to meet everyone.”She said. Opal smiled and walked with him to the cart. She smiled back at the kids. “be careful back there hold on.” she said softly and drove off once all were in.

Jax and Kiara had gone home he had showered, gotten Anna bathed and bottle fed while letting his love shower and relax. He used her pumped milk for Anna. Was burped and fell asleep on the ride over. They arrived at the same time as Amber and Aaron they waved and smiled. Jax smiled as Amber fawned over there baby girl. Jax had already known she be a little attention getter. All of them walked into the big hall, a lot if the food had been placed on hot plates and was warm. Jax set his baby's car seat down and took her out. She was asleep in his arms. He tried let Kiara relax since she was the one with Anna in the daily while he worked. He kept a arm around her shoulders and kissed her head. He smiled to the others when they entered and left Kiaras side to go talk to Emery.

“Hey man how goes it.” he said as he held his daughter close and protectively. Amber looks at Kiara. “Wow Jax is great with her and super protective.”She said.

~ Olivier ~ Remus ~ August ~ Octavia ~ Emery ~ Kiara ~ Harley ~

Kiara gave a bashful nod at Jax. She hadn't wanted to take Anna outside yet, her overprotective motherly-ness getting the best of her apparently, but he had a point... she probably should have kept her head more. Something that would have been second nature to her normally, but apparently motherhood had more of a learning curve than veterinary school for her... and if Kiara had to give a guess... it was probably due to the fact that it dealt with people, a species entirely unstudied to her mind basically.

Inputting a few more things before sliding back and walking over to the pile, Kiara was just about to add another clipboard to the stack when Opal came in and greeted them. "Clark's surgery went over well. He is up and recovering now. I think he should have an especially close eye kept on him ... perhaps you or Aaron can spare someone to that task, and try to keep him in the rehab enclosure for the week, then reintegrate him. Otherwise, I'm afraid he'll tear his sutures since he has extensive history of that. I tried the dissolvable stitches this time, but if they don't dissolve and it closes up cleanly one of you have the okay to snip the thread and pull it out. That won't hurt him at all." Ki breathed as she turned and placed the clipboard back on the desk instead. Now she could just brief that she had spoken to Opal and file this in his hefty folder and leave one less problem for her leader to deal with later.

Smiling when Opal noticed the baby, Kiara giggled softly and paused in her typing again to look at the sight. "Thanks, Opal. She's the best part of our lives" Kiara smiled easier, looking from her baby to her boyfriend. She had never dreamed of the possibility that anyone would take the time to get to know someone so shy and interested only in her career or grades or whatever, but she had, and now they had a perfect little family.

Harley groaned and leaned back dramatically, feigning falling until she forgot she was sitting on the chair backwards and there really wasn't anything behind her. Landing with a thud, Harley thanked her gymnast history in the art of tumbling as she ungracefully rolled off the sleek metal surface and unsuccessfully tried to steady the chair which hit the floor with a resounding clang a few moments after. Standing, she picked up the chair and dusted herself off, acting like nothing happened. "well then, this hot dude with the kids better be good to Opal and be uber wealthy. I'll see ya later Amber" the young employee decided as she watched their financial keeper lock up. Harley had quite the trek back home. She wasn't able to afford the homes on the lot when they were being offered by the last owner to the staff, and now, though things still probably weren't any different she could hardly afford her current rent and she had a contract that didn't expire until the end of next year. Sooo, a long hike home was sooo not what she wanted, especially when she had to walk back and forth again later.

Emery nodded "That we did, be seeing you at the dinner" he agreed before going off toward his cart. The young man waited for his faithful companion to hop aboard then revved the engine and sped the full twenty miles per hour it would go to his small home on the perimeter of the park. His home wasn't much at all, in fact it was essentially the equivalent of a studio apartment with a kitchenette, a suite bathroom and a garage. He didn't bother trying to be fancy with a murphy bed or anything, Em just didn't entertain guests. He used the house to sleep and that was basically it.

-----

"I gots it, I gots" August chimed, shuffling over to the front door quickly and shooing everyone else away. "It's just 'I got it' Aug ... and remember to ask who it is first, okay?" Remus chided gently, glancing back at his father who gave a nod of approval before bending down to help strap Octavia's shoes back on. The widower was glad to have a fairly responsible teen to help keep the two 'under tens' under control ... especially at times like this. Octavia was still quite young and dependent on others for help with things like shoes and buttons and zippers and other things that little kids didn't really get the hang of right away, and August was always trying to be the 'town mayor' type ... except he was also the type that might very well just let a burglar walk right into the home because he wanted to be friends... especially now that he was in a new neighborhood without any of his friends.

As usual, August didn't heed the advice of his brother, he just flicked the lock and twisted the doorknob, greeting Opal. Luckily, by the time the door actually opened though, Olivier was actually walking to the entryway to see who it was himself. "Great timing, we just finished pushing around some boxes and stuff. We'll have to invite all of you over some time ... uh.. after we get the little we actually brought with us unpacked," Oli said lightly, following his 'bosslady' out to the cart. "You don't mind being a seat cushin Rem? Cus' You could just sit on either side of Tavi. August can hold his own. He's big enough" the young man asked when his son motioned to hold his sister. Responding with just a shrug he looped slid into the middle of the bench and let Octavia sit on the side to hold onto the bar. Looping one arm around her shoulders he used the other to help brace himself against the seat during the few bumps they hit.

Kiara was always grateful for the help Jax provided... no matter what it was, he always had the best interest of Anna and herself at heart. Hot showers were also a glorious thing, always so relaxing and the perfect way to get ready to sleep ... except when you weren't going to sleep. Climbing out of their shower, Kiara changed into her stretchy maternity jeans having not completely lost all the weight yet ... plus, they were just a little more comfortable but looked like normal jeans and a flowy, tanish colored top that might be hard to see spit on ... just in case.

Even though she had felt ready to fall asleep about a half hour prior and though she was one of the shyest people, Kia was glad to have come. Everyone at Dragonheart was so kind, Anna was adored, Jax got well-deserved attention, and it actually was all good company ... kind of like a holiday dinner back home in canada. Too many members for her to voluntarily ever imagine, but nice when she was kind of picked up and thrown into the mix. "Oh, I know" Kiara agreed when Amber commented on Jax. "He's amazing though, I'm lucky to have a family so good" she smiled brightly.

Emery had gone home, put food down for his dogs, showered, changed into jeans and a polo shirt and come back, this time dog-less for the party. "Hey man!" Emery greeted, finishing off his glass of water before turning to Jax. "oh, and Hey Anna ... !" he whisper-exclaimed, not wanting to wake the baby, but not realizing right away that Jax was holding her. "she's the cutest thing, Jax. You and Kiara are two serious lucky people. What can I say, not much has happened since we closed for the day. How about you?"

Harley found herself dragging her own two feet between her studio apartment and work for the third time that day, this time dressed a bit more casually though ... and maybe she'd be able to get a ride back out. If her memory was correct, Kiara and Jax didn't live at the Zoo ... and sometimes Opal just let her stay overnight... but she wasn't going to beg ... or even outright ask most likely. She had more class than that. It was embarrassing enough that she couldn't afford a car or decent place to live or working cell phone in her opinion. Wearing skinny jeans, cowboy boots and a fitted teal tanktop with flowy accents, at least she was comfortable in her clothing and sure she wouldn't be easily bitten by anything venomous.

Amber watched in amazement at Jax able to hold his daughter and talk and just be a good dad. She was proud of him, well I am gonna go say hi to Harley real Quick. “ she waved to Kiara and went to go talk to Harley. “hey Harles. You look beat" Amber said and sighed. “ Just another hour we have to meet the new boss.” She told her. “God Jax is so good to Kiara I want a guy like that.”She sighed softly as she watched Jax with a small tinge if jealousy.

Jax smiled at Emery and nods his head.”No worries man see sound asleep and cute as a button.”He said.”That we are very lucky.” He said and kissed Anna's head. “Oh good man sorry I had to leave for a bit.”He said. “Kiara got a baby sitter and I wasn't too happy to find that out. But all good from everything I saw when I got back.”He said. He looked over to see Kiara with Aaron and nods to his friend and girl. He turned back to Emery and sighed, man I am so tired it isn't even funny.” He said.

Aaron had walked up when amber left and tapped Kiara on the shoulder. “Hey girl what's up?”He asked smiling. I truly love your daughter she is so beautiful.”He said and smiled gently. “So came back for a day are you crazy you need rest, was Jax mad?”He asked her? Aaron was her best friend and yes seemed a bit gay but he had his eyes on Harley he really liked her alot.

Opal smiled and shrugged “No worries, we are all waiting on you, your our new boss we got the time.”She said and sped the cart off to where the family normally ate big meals together. She finally parked the cart outside and stepped out. “This way.”She said smiling and walked up opening the door for him and his kids. She smiled as she stepped in and got on a chair and cupped her. “Hey y'all food time and out new owner is here.” When that shut them all up and they turned to see him. Opal got down and smiled. “Oliver I am Opal as you know your head Zoo keeper, This is Jax security also ex Military and his and Kiara's daughter Anna. This is Kiara our Head Veterinarian best around still on maternity leave Anna is only 2 months old. This is Emery Security also ex Military. This is Amber your account's manager you will spend a lot of time talking to her about money, this is Aaron Animal trainer and enrichment expert best at his job, and last but not least this is Harley our other Zookeeper, were a small family, but we do what we need to.”She said.”Come on all let's sit and eat.”Opal said. Amber nudged her and smirked. She gave her friend a small look and hoped Oliver didn't notice as she sat in his right and his kids on his left. “Oh and guys these are Oliver's children Remus 14, August 9, and Octavia 5. “Opal said as she sat down. Jax was next to her with Kiara and anna. Across fro. Them was aaron and Harley, next to kiara was amber and Emery. She smiled and nods.”dig in guys.”She said.

~ Olivier ~ Remus ~ August ~ Octavia ~ Emery ~ Kiara ~ Harley ~

"Thank you for the kind introduction, Opal" Olivier nodded to her gratefully after they had gotten inside. It was nice to see how close everyone was... but also a bit of a shock at just how small of a crew they really had. "I know I have a lot to learn, but I will do my best to help Dragonheart reach it's full potential and thrive, I'm glad to know my uncle had a dedicated team behind him and I apologize for our delay. We've had our own... issues." he apologized briefly while helping Octavia into one of the metal folding chairs and keeping his hands on her shoulders so she didn't start roamnig before settling himself in between his youngest and Opal. Next to Octavia was August, then Remus. The teen had more greens on his plate than meat, and August had more meat on his plate than greens. Tavia wanted the applesauce, but with such a young age she didn't get much other choice as Olivier made she his daughter had a bit from each food group on her plate and that everything was cut into bite size pieces prior to handing her back the plate with a plastic spork.

As the dinner began to wind down he made a few passes of small talk with some of his fellow employees. He was becoming a bit more intrigued by one in particular, and more eager to take over the zoo in it's entirety after getting to know everyone. "Do you mind driving us back to the house? I know you've kind of been our personal tour guide and shuttle service all day" Oli asked once everything had wound down and others began to depart for the night. He felt compelled to stay longer, but both all his kids, even Remus, were either asleep or trying not to fall asleep. Hell, he was beginning to feel everything too... but he also felt like he still had work to do, and over the last few years learned how to function on as little as three hours of sleep a day.

"Aaron!" Kiara called happily, pulling him into a hug. Though for her it was an excited shout, to most people it sounded like someone just talking a little louder than normal. He had become her best friend almost instantaneously when they met, something completely unheard of for her. "Anna is the light of our lives. I am the luckiest woman, ever." Kiara breathed, looking over her daughter as she took in the compliment. The brunette didn't even care that she was unmarried or un-engaged. She knew she and Jax would always be together, ring or not. "Aaron, you sound like my boyfriend. I've done like nothing but rest since Anna was born... besides, it was an emergency. I couldn't let Clark die" she explained before giving a small shrug and giving Aaron a sheepish look. "I think he was more annoyed with me, only mad that I didn't tell him but called the sitter instead. Anyway, enough about me. How have you been?" she asked, leaning back in her chair as she offered to take Anna from Jax when he started to make his way past again to talk to someone.

Giving a little nod, Emery glanced down at the sleeping infant's form and back up at Jax "Well, I'm glad everything is alright" he said seriously. "I can take her for a little bit if you want to sit with Kiara and relax. Not like I don't have the infant experience. My brother has two sons, one is almost four and one is a few months older than Anna. Lately I've been watching them like one week a month... and they seem to think it's fun to just out and give me the older one two weeks every summer he's been around so far so they can travel. Basically, my point being I won't drop her or anything" Em said, letting out his breath as he made his hands into a relaxed receiving position in case Jax wanted to relinquish his daughter for a few minutes.

"Oh, hey Amber" Harley breathed out in between long, drawn-out 'sips' (more like disguised gulps) of water. "Yeah, I'm getting a great leg-workout today" she joked "the walk between here and my apartment is not the most pleasant" she admitted to her friend, tucking a dark strand of hair behind her ear as she finally started to look around and pay attention to everything going on around her. Glancing at Amber, Harley gave a brief nod "if only everyone could find a guy like that. My dad's an ass" the texan native grumbled in agreement but was happy to watch the going go on before her.

Status
Not open for further replies.