WELCOME BACK

This long and torturous wait fucking worth it, guys. Iwaku looks so beautiful and badass. I will take this moment to give a huge thanks to Diana for being such a wonderful owlmum and this amazing staff (except Jorick xD). Now, if you excuse me, I will put my mouse and harass Iwaku for a while through some exploration. O vO b

BTW, CLOWN FIESTA IS NOT NECESSARY. YOU GUYS SHOULD KEEP THIS COOLIO THEME!

BTW, CLOWN FIESTA IS NOT NECESSARY. YOU GUYS SHOULD KEEP THIS COOLIO THEME!
Clown Fiesta is entirely necessary, heathen.

However, it will also be entirely optional, just another choice alongside Midnight/Dusk/etc, so if you cannot handle the great power of the theme you can simply not use it.

However, it will also be entirely optional, just another choice alongside Midnight/Dusk/etc, so if you cannot handle the great power of the theme you can simply not use it.
THIS IS THE MOST BEAUTIFUL THING YOU HAVE EVER SAID!

how does one access clown fiesta? not showing up in style selection.

how does one access clown fiesta? not showing up in style selection.
We don't yet have Clown Fiesta. It will be added once the other styles are finished being tweaked!

• Style Editor

No, we don't understand why they took this away either. The admins are also upset and confused but they did. We're trying to find alternatives that play nicely with our addons but for now, Diana is going to cook you up some nice styles so that you can still have some different colors. Also Clown Fiesta.

Maybe it's just me, but Dusk is much easier on the eyes than Midnight (which appears to be the default). I have now tried most of the styles, and 'Evening' and 'Daylight' are also good. Clown Fiesta isn't available yet, but it's good to have the option for those who like that style.

Some of the BBCodes that you know and love might be missing. Diana is working on trying to get a fix in place for this. There are also NEW bbcodes to discover and play with!

I've tried using some of Iwaku's BBCodes on other forums using Xenforo only to find they don't work there.

One weird thing I noticed about the 'article' code is that no matter what screen color you choose, the background was always white. Needless to say, I never used white text within the article.

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe it's just me, but Dusk is much easier on the eyes than Midnight (which appears to be the default). I have now tried most of the styles, and 'Evening' and 'Daylight' are also good. Clown Fiesta isn't available yet, but it's good to have the option for those who like that style.

I've tried using some of Iwaku's BBCodes on other forums using Xenforo only to find they don't work there.

One weird thing I noticed about the 'article' code is that no matter what screen color you choose, the background was always white. Needless to say, I never used white text within the article.
Diana is intending to make some extra options in addition to the greyscale currently available. Previously, with the style editor allowing everyone to change their colors to their liking, there was not really a demand. Now, though, she will add some other colors.

Some of our codes on Iwaku are whipped up special by Diana to provide something that people want, something that she thinks would be nice to have, etc. so there are some that won't work elsewhere, yes.

• Useful
Reactions: Chris Lang
I'm really digging this new update!

The only *problem* (not actually problem, more like a preference thing?) is that categories, like Announcements & updates, General, Roleplay, sort of blend in when scrolling down. I'd love a way to easily spot them, like a bar set up like the post reply- maybe green background with white text? or whatever works- just to make it easier on my eyes. :) <3

I'm really digging this new update!

The only *problem* (not actually problem, more like a preference thing?) is that categories, like Announcements & updates, General, Roleplay, sort of blend in when scrolling down. I'd love a way to easily spot them, like a bar set up like the post reply- maybe green background with white text? or whatever works- just to make it easier on my eyes. :) <3
That'll be something fixed in style tweaks once Diana recovers from update exhaustion. :D

• Thank You
Reactions: Lusterine
So, how do we know who's a redstar and who's a bluestar now?

• Style Editor

No, we don't understand why they took this away either. The admins are also upset and confused but they did. We're trying to find alternatives that play nicely with our addons but for now, Diana is going to cook you up some nice styles so that you can still have some different colors. Also Clown Fiesta.

Some of the BBCodes that you know and love might be missing. Diana is working on trying to get a fix in place for this. There are also NEW bbcodes to discover and play with!

Some of those codes are custom ones by Diana, like Kitti said, but some are also addons. Unless that forum has those BBcode addons installed, they won't work.

All the styles are still being tweaked, but yeah, the contrast on Midnight was a little high for me even before the update. Dusk is my favorite.
So, how do we know who's a redstar and who's a bluestar now?
The heart/star icons are coming back! Once we figure out how to make them stop bugging out. As of writing this, you have a red icon by your name; it may disappear and reappear a couple of times while we iron out the kinks.

So, uh...possibly stupid question: what does that green bar on the bottom of each person's drop-down mean?IMG_5214.PNG

Oh! Also....if a person with donator privelages is collabing on a post with someone who does not have donator privelages, will things like Google fonts still work?

Last edited:
So, uh...possibly stupid question: what does that green bar on the bottom of each person's drop-down mean?View attachment 166329

Oh! Also....if a person with donator privelages is collabing on a post with someone who does not have donator privelages, will things like Google fonts still work?
If you hover your mouse over that bar, you will find your answer. xD

So, uh...possibly stupid question: what does that green bar on the bottom of each person's drop-down mean?View attachment 166329

No idea about the Google fonts thing.

The bar is a count of reactions they have gotten: green is for positive ones, purple(?) for roleplay reactions, and grey(?) for acknowledgement reactions (like seen't it).

Is there any plan to alias old BBcode to new BBcode? For example, the old dash is now dashed

Google Fonts use should be tied to the privileges of whoever owns the post, not to the person editing.

Is there any plan to alias old BBcode to new BBcode? For example, the old dash is now dashed
Diana is answering questions about BBcode things here.

Is it possible to bring back the crying emoji or some kind of emoji that is crying? D; Sometimes the sympathy heart is just not enough!

Is it possible to bring back the crying emoji or some kind of emoji that is crying? D; Sometimes the sympathy heart is just not enough!
I think they said those emojis were wrongly used a lot and triggered people. Yep, welcome to 2018, bud. Oh, I cannot wait what's next for 2019!
O vO b

I think they said those emojis were wrongly used a lot and triggered people. Yep, welcome to 2018, bud. Oh, I cannot wait what's next for 2019!
O vO b

WHAT how how can people even abuse that *scratches head trying to figure it out*

I don't know... *bangs head on the table while trying to figure it out*

• Haha
Reactions: junebug