Welcome to The Crucible, Champions - Signups!

L

Lady White

Original poster

• !Warning! - Spoilers ahead for Darksiders II's Story. You have been warned. - !Warning!

After finally defeating the Guardian that was guarding the entrance to the Tree of Life in the Forge Lands; Home to the Makers, The Horseman known as Death was ready to approach the Tree of Life to redeem his Brother. But before that, he had been alerted via the Serpent Tome that a message was left for the Pale Rider. Knowing that the only location of a Serpent Tome in the Forge Lands was back at the Tri-Stone, he set himself back to check it out. Once he had arrived at the Tome and interacted with it, he would discover a strange card:

rsz_the_fool.png

A Tarot Card, displaying the picture of a traveller with a Lantern on it's back, with several threats around it pointed towards them. On the card, a message was attached and read: "I offer you this invitation to compete in The Crucible. Eternal Glory awaits you on completion... If you survive. Seek me out to accept my challenge." When the card was flipped, a inscription was found and read: "Upon a new adventure, all is unknown; the traveler starts the fool, gaining knowledge as the path is revealed. The Crucible has appeared in your realm. Take with you this card and discover the identity of the sender... and their motivations."

However... Death was not the only one to receive such an unknown invitation. Somehow whoever had created these Tarot Cards with a message attached has been able to send them across the Multiverse, into the mailboxes of many different people. Who will answer the call of this mysterious contact? And what are their motivations?

• Alongside the character of Death, who I will be playing as, your characters will proceed towards the location of The Crucible where this unknown entity has extended invitations, rewarding Eternal Glory if you survive. However, despite The Crucible being entirely combat based in the actual Darksiders II game itself, this one shall feature many different mechanics and features such as puzzles, riddles and among other things. Most will reflect on the Tarot Cards themselves while some branch off of them but follow a similar principle. Most segments however will consist of some combat elements, that being waves of the various enemies of Darksiders II, as well as various Boss Fights as well. Do your characters have what it takes to best The Crucible's challenges alongside the Horseman, Death? Or will you crumble in defeat, bested by an unknown master?

• Appearance (A description or an Image works):

Name:

Age (If Known):

Universe (Name or a Image Logo works):

Arsenal (What can your character do? What do they possess as weapons or items? etc etc):

Other (Anything else you want me to know about your character):

Extra Info (Anything you want me to know in particular):
[TABS][/tabs]

Last edited by a moderator:
Forgot to do this immediately after posting, for anyone who's interested in knowing who Death is if you're unaware.

Appearance:
Death_Render.png
"All who live know my name, all who oppose me shall know Death. "

Name: Death
(Also known as Rider of the Pale Horse, Rider of Death, Executioner, Kinslayer, The Reaper)

Universe:
rsz_darksiders_ii.png
Arsenal:
In combat, Death wields a pair of Duel Scythes and can perform a variety of different combinations of attacks, from chucking them at fast speeds along the ground, to aerial engagements. Due to him being one of the Nephilim, he is nearly invincible as he can take a onslaught of damage before he even begins to budge an inch, alongside his Superhuman Physical Prowess, allowing him to wield his Scythes with utmost skill and precision in order to slay his opponents. He has Accelerated Healing which enables him to recover faster than his opponents, and can call upon the art of Necromancy to either protect him with the powerful Aegis Shield or summon groups of Ghouls or Ravens to assist him in combat. His ultimate technique however is his true form; Reaper Form. Once transformed, Death takes on a larger skeletal form. His face is completely hidden in the shadows of a cowl, a large robe envelopes the rest of his body, and skeletal wings sprout from his back. He hovers slightly above the ground when fighting on the ground, and is able to use this ability to fly. While transformed, he wields a massive scythe with many skulls engraved into the flat of the blade.

Other:
Dust_On_Shoulder.png
He has a companion Crow by the name of Dust, who guides him whenever he is lost. He was given to him by the Crowfather, otherwise known as the Keeper of Secrets.

Death_and_Despair.png
He also has a Steed by the name of Despair, a mount bound only to Death and is his method of transportation when outside in the world.

Extra Info: N/A​

Reactions: Ur Degaton
Appearance (A description or an Image works):
DMC-Dantes.png

Name: Dante

Age (If Known):?

Universe (Name or a Image Logo works):
DmC_Logo.png

Arsenal (What can your character do? What do they possess as weapons or items? etc etc):
Power - son of the legendary demon swordsman Sparda. He uses both angelic and demonic power to overwhelm his enemies. Can enter into an awakened mode in which he gains the abilities of a demonic powerhouse.
Weapons - ebony and ivory which are twin hand gund built for rapid fire. Rebellion his sword in which he channels his angelic and demoic powers through.

Other (Anything else you want me to know about your character): na

Extra Info (Anything you want me to know in particular): na

Appearance:
Corvo_Attano.png

Name:
Corvo Attano

Universe:
download.png

Arsenal:
*Powers- Thanks to the mark of the Outsider Corvo has access to a wide range of supernatural abilities such as short range teleportation, the ability to possess animals/humans for a short time, the ability to freeze or slow down time for a short period, the ability to summon a swarm of rats capable of devouring a human being in seconds, and the ability to see enemies through walls. Thanks to the mark Corvo also possesses enhanced durability, speed, and strength. It is unknown the extent of what Corvo's power is but the potential is infinite
*Weapons- A foldable steel short sword capable of cutting through flesh and bone with ease. A flintlock type of handgun that fires bullets capable of knocking humans several feet away. A crossbow capable of tearing limps off with ease, it fires ordinary bolts, incendiary bolts, and sleep darts. Finally he has two types of explosives, one is a regular hang grenade while the other is a proximity mine that when activated launches razor sharp wires at such a high velocity they cut limps off in seconds.
*Other- Corvo's mask comes equipped with a spyglass function and is capable of picking up sounds from long distances.

Other info:
Corvo is the greatest swordsman of his respective universe, his talent with the blade led him to become the royal protector of an empress.

@Kurogane86 Oooh Devil May Cry, nice! Accepted.

@Ur Degaton Dishonoured? Nice. I've seen a fair bit of it due to a couple of my friends that play it, and it looks awesome. Accepted.

Looking for at least two more players before creating the IC thread. To anyone reading, if you're at all interested, feel free to sign up if you'd like to participate!

Reactions: Kurogane86