Writing Levels
  1. Adept
  2. Advanced
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
5d8979e1e3b536e5cdf647a055bf1af0--weekend-trips-day-trips.jpg
Welcome to Willowdale

• The small, quaint town of Willowdale is nestled right in the Appalachian Mountains in Western Pennsylvania. Though it was once a quiet, secluded area, with the building of a new highway, it's become a rest stop for countless vacationers and roadtrippers. But, even though this little town appears innocent on the outside, it houses deep, dark secrets.

Willowdale was founded in the early 1800s by two young men; Felix Wolff, a German immigrant, and his friend, Achilles Dubois, a wealthy Frenchman. Though one was a naive foreigner who barely spoke a word of English and the other was a well-to-do businessman, the two were able to strike up a close friendship when they realized how close they actually were. As it turned out, Felix Wolff came from a long line of German werewolves whereas Achilles Dubois came from an ancient chain of vampires. At said time in history, both of their races had been hunted to near extinction by those who called themselves Hunters. With the idea to form a town to protect these supernatural creatures, the two set out and purchased themselves acres upon acres of wilderness in the mountains.

The town seemed to appear almost overnight with the help of werewolves and vampires alike. By the time winter rolled around in 1818, Willowdale had become a fully-fuctioning town that was, more or less, invisible to the outside world. By the time the Civil War had passed over the rest of the United States, the population of supernatural creatures had increased considerably, exceeding a few hundred. Until 1956, only one or two lost people a year would pop up in the town and "disappear" when a few young vampires were unable to contain themselves. With the Interstate Highway System, which was built in 1956, Willowdale suddenly found itself a major rest stop on the way through the Appalachian Mountains. The town completely changed, attempting to keep up with the growing number of tourists who stopped on their way cross-country. By 1980, Willowdale had near doubled in size, though not population, and all but lost its small town vibe.

In 2010, a family of tourists disappeared without a trace. While authorities searched for them without luck, the citizens knew exactly what had happened. A young group of vampires, without anyone knowing, had attacked the group and drained them of their plasma before anyone could stop them. Though the young vampires were punished for their wrongdoings, the werewolves couldn't help but feel a sudden distrust toward the vampires. Soon, the two main races of Willowdale became adversaries, avoiding the other as much as possible. And yet, life continued on until a group of Hunters appeared in Willowdale, certain that the disappearance, which had been passed off as a group of lost travelers, had to do with the supernatural creatures they'd been fighting to find their entire lives.

As the plot progresses, NPC's will make an appearance though I won't give too much away on that front.

• Hunters:
    Leader-@Hufflepug (Male)
    Second-@Quiet
    Hunter 1-@neptune (Female)
    Hunter 2-@MaryGold (Male)
    Hunter 3-@Winnie (Female)
    Hunter 4-@Quiet
    Hunter 5-@Cosmic Penguin (Female)

Werewolves:
    Alpha Male-@Justin (Male)
    Beta Male-@Winnie (Male)
    Pack 1-@Hufflepug (Female)
    Pack 2-@Jinx (Female)
    Pack 3-@romantica (Female)
    Pack 4-@MiharuAya (Male)
    Pack 5-@Mr. Scales (Male)

Vampires:
    Coven Leader-@romantica
    Right Hand Man/Woman-@Justin (Female)
    Vampire 1-@neptune (Male)
    Vampire 2-@Violet (Male)
    Vampire 3-@Violet (Female)
    Vampire 4-@Marygold (Female)
    Vampire 5-@Miharu Aya (Male)

• The Hunters are basically a group of humans who hold some sort of grudge against supernatural creatures. Quite a few of them were born into their role while some joined after the suffered a loss or were pressured into it. It's a bit of a rigid group with many guidelines. A child born into the Hunters is raised normally until age fourteen. Once they reach said age, they are forced into the world of Hunting and join the branch at age twenty-one, if successful. There are countless branches of it, but this one in the eastern portion of the United States moved to Willowdale after hearing word of the 2010 tourist accident. They've been here ever since, even buying a few homes and trying to settle in amidst the creatures they plan to kill.

• The werewolf pack of Willowdale has always been united. It functions as a normal wolf pack would with close ties, an obligation to feed the young first, and an undying loyalty to the elders. The male and female pairs are mated pairs who live as married or dating couples in society. The werewolves, in human form, are usually tanned, toned, and look as if they spend every day in the sun, which they mostly do. Werewolves can be created through werewolf-werewolf relationships or werewolf-human relationships. It is a dominant trait. Werewolves can be created through the bites of another werewolf. They can change form when they wish to but are forced to change their form each full moon for the entire night. Wolf forms appear simply as larger-than-normal wolves. Usually, one of the alpha pair's offspring will take over the pack after the prime of the leader has passed. However, in the past, other males or females have been able to take over. Currently, however, the Alpha Male is a direct descendant of Felix Wolff, one of the founders.

Werewolf Strengths: Wolf form, super speed, super strength, heightened endurance, enlarged fangs that can tear flesh easily, telepathy between pack members which can easily be turned on or off

Werewolf Weaknesses: Forced to transform every full moon, they can be killed with any weapon but they are especially vulnerable to silver in general, wolfsbane

Age at Which They Show Signs of Werewolfism: Symptoms of werewolfism appear during puberty. Therefore, most female werewolves show their wolf form before males.

• The vampires are just as closely knit as the werewolves, in their own sense. While they don't have as much of a ranking as the wolf pack, they are still very close and spend a lot of time around other members. The current coven leader took over after the untimely demise of Achilles Dubois and has held control since. Since human blood is so hard to come by nowadays, it is a delicacy to the vampires. Instead, they find themselves reduced to hunting animals such as deer in the woods, like the werewolves, to receive their blood fix. Though their flesh is not sensitive to sunlight, it is usually pale. Their eyes, however, are sensitive and they are usually spotted wearing sunglasses or hats of some sort to block out the light. Unlike the werewolves, they usually live longer and seem to retain their youth more. A child produced in a vampire-vampire relationship will become a vampire. However, a vampire-human relationship or human-vampire relationship results in a human child. In less words, it's a recessive gene. Vampires can also be created through a bite by a vampire.

Vampire Strengths: Super speed, super strength, fangs, one or two powers which they learn to control and perfect over time, naturally charismatic and seductive

Vampire Weaknesses: Must feed at least once a week to live (most vampires feed much more than that), silver, holy water or crosses, wooden stakes, their eyes are sensitive to sunlight

Age at Which They Show Signs of Vampirism: Vampirism shows signs in infants. It is a lifelong thing though they will not gain powers until old enough.

• 1: Iwaku rules apply (I.E. No godmodding, metagaming)
    2: @Hufflepug and @Jinx are the GM's. Any questions, ideas, etc should be routed to them.
    3: I would like for your characters to be finished by at least next week. That being said, I understand life can get in the way so if you need more time, please PM me.
    4:I don't expect you to write a novel. I do expect some coherency and substance. I'd say a 2 paragraph minimum for posting but I can be flexible depending on the content.
    5:It is okay to swear, but any additional explicit content such as sex will not be allowed. If you want to play it out, move it to PM please.
    6: Please try to stay active as well. If you are unable to post in a timely manner, PM me or post in the OOC to let me and others know.
    7: I see so many RP's without a good balance between male/female characters. To counter this on your reservation, please include the race,role, and gender of your character to ensure fair distribution.
    8: I will only accept REAL Face Claims. No anime/digital pictures please.
    9: Doubling (or tripling) up on characters is fine as long as you can keep up with it.
    10: Discord link is here

• Appearance photo: (Realistic Face Claims only)
    General]/u]
    Name:
    Nickname:
    Appearance
    Height:
    Weight:
    Build:
    Identifiable Marks: (Birthmarks, Tattoos, Piercings, etc...)
    Personality
    Description:
    Skills:
    Fears:
    Quirks:

History:
    Extra:

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Jinx
This looks awesome! I'll take a male vampire and a female hunter if that's okay? c:

Reactions: Jinx and Hufflepug
Ohhhh could I join? If at all possible could I do a set of twin vampires? One female one male?

@neptune You got it!

@Violet Sure thing!

Also if anyone is interested in leadership roles specifically just let us know!

Reactions: Violet
This definitely has me interested!

Can I reserve a female vampire and male hunter?

i shouldn't i shouldn't i shouldn't but i want to so bad

can i take the beta male werewolf and a female hunter? :D

• Love
is Alpha Male Werewolf still open?

• Love
Reactions: Justin
How about a brother sister hunting duo?

So for the Hunter's there's only 2 spots left open, the second and another. Is that what you'd like?

• Love
damn it, i wanted to stick to just easing myself back into rp but forget it lmfaoo

can i get uhhhhhhhhh coven leader male? and one girl wolf pooleaseee

• Love
Reactions: Justin and yvi.
Usually not a big vampire fan rofl but I have an idea for Right Hand Woman for Vampire if can take that spot for a 2nd char.?

One male wolf spot is still open for any interested!

Could I take the last male wolf spot if it's still available, please? =)