3. Advanced
  4. Prestige
  5. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
  3. Primarily Prefer Female
Genres
Urban Fantasy, Sci-Fi, Modern, Horror, Magical... pretty flexible.
NOTE: Please refer to the below banners and copy/paste them at the top of your posts so that everyone knows which city you are posting in if it has a banner. If it doesn't please NOTE where you are posting. If you want a banner for a particular city, let @Michale CS know and he'll make one and add it to this thread.

As of 1/1/2018, all plotlines from Epic Mashup can either be faded out or continued, upon the consensus of the players involved. If you're continuing, post HERE as if you were posting in the previous thread. If you're fading, nothing needs be done.

Want to join? Please join Epic Crossover!

Los Angeles.jpg

National City.jpg

los-angeles-jpg.152769

Tick sensing trouble, from the way his green friend is acting, in that home and someone might be in danger. Tick nods and rushes towards the door and ripping the door off it edges. He yells out, while entering the house, " The Tick and his trusted friend D.S are here to help."

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Haha
Reactions: Michale CS
. Tick nods and rushes towards the door and ripping the doors off it edges. He yells out, while entering the house, " The Tick and his trusted friend D.S are here to help."

"Well... It wasn't urgent enough trouble to tear off my door..." A sultry woman says from where she was seated in her living room.

"A big strong man like yourself must be able to make repairs too, hmm?"

Meanwhile, DS was facepalming.

"No matter. Tick, was it? I take it your friend heard my call. You see, I am connected to The Green, and I sent out a call for help from my fellows... I expected someone like Dr. Isley or that delightful man who lives in the swamps of Louisiana, but... DS here, which I take to be short for Desert Spoon, was closer I presume."

She stood, and vines took the door from the Tick and began remounting it.

"I'm known as Black Orchid. And I think someone is tinkering with the connection to the Green. And by that vacuous look on your face I need to make it simple..."

She walked up to Tick and placed one hand on his chest. "A bad guy is trying to make it so creatures like me and your friend DS here can't exist. I'd lose my connection to the Green, and your friend would never walk again. But this is a big job, if you have any friends who could help you, now would be a good time to call them."

@Breach

Last edited:
Either way, he most likely wasn't about to win this battle, so he looked at her and sighed. " I'll take the offer, I do need the money. Little pie shop in the big city doesn't make much money."

"Great. Thought you would see reason. I'd shake on it but... I'd rather not risk it. Cone to the address on the card tomorrow for a briefing." Liv replied, giving a thumbs up and heading out.

@LuckycoolHawk9

los-angeles-jpg.152769

Ned/ The Pie Maker

Ned understood as she was undead and his powers were something that might kill her. " I will come to the address tomorrow for the briefing. I hope to see you there," he replied to Liv, watching her leave.

@Michale CS

• Thank You
los-angeles-jpg.152769

The Tick was very confuse when she mention the green, but it was cleared when she explained that there was villain trying to hurt her,D.s, and everything like them. When she ask if he knew anyone that could help, he put his hand on chin. He thought of America Maid, Silver Scorpion,Lucifer, Lucifer dog. Tick nods and says, "I do know some people who could help: American Maid, Silver Scorpion, and Lucifer. I promise that we will stop tthis villain and his/her plan to harm you, D.s, and anyone else like you."

national-city-jpg.152770

Winn Schott and
Mike Matthews/ Mon-El

Winn was fine with showing Beach around the house, especially if it meant he wouldn't have to deal with Alexandra's ghost of a cousin or Stitch. He nodded in response.

" I'll make this tour as quick as possible so we can get you down to the meeting room,' Winn replied, smiling.

Mike had been standing in the doorway of the kitchen, forgetting that despite the fact that he could see and hear things that not everybody could respond since they weren't in front of him.

" I saw and heard. I will join you down in the meeting room. Give me one second," he replied, quickly finishing the rest of his sandwich.

@Gands @Nomad-22

The uncover ranger followed Winn during the short tour kept his eyes scanning for possible spots where listening devices could be. It was noting personal against allies' security but his line of work, one can never be too careful. Winn and him arrived to the meeting room, then he waited till everyone was persent, before placing a yellow folder on the table. Opening it up Beach began to showcase a series of dozen photos. The first photos were of a 1950w ghost town and he explained.

"Days ago SHIELD had intercepted a Cobra communiqué that the AIM organization has a secret facility underneath this dead town and that they were going to raid it soon. The place was a tourist trap called Rivera, fourty miles of miles south away from here. It seems that Cobra believes that the beekeepers experimenting with alien tech in there."

Looking up at Mon-EL, he added.

"Kryptonian relics to be more precise."

Last edited:
Winn Schott and Mon-El

Winn gave the most sufficient and succinct tour that he could give in the shortest amount of time that he could give in and he was fine. It was a good thing that he had let him have the tour and he didn't blame him for not trusting the area. It was so easy to forget that there were a ton of paranoia when you didn't work for the DEO. He took a deep breath and watched as Beach placed some pictures on the table of what appeared to be a 1950s ghost town. It was one thing after another.

Winn looked over at him and wondered how SHIELD had intercepted that message, but he was never going to be able to figure out how that was. He looked over at him and raised a skeptical eyebrow. He knew that it wasn't impossible, but he wondered why the DEO wasn't also being called in on it, but he decided to not add onto it. He bit down on his tongue, waiting for an answer.

Mon-El was waiting for the truly important information " Well, that may be problematic as Kryptonian relics are powerful by themselves.... we don't want them to get it."

@Gands @Nomad-22

Ned/ The Pie Maker

Ned understood as she was undead and his powers were something that might kill her. " I will come to the address tomorrow for the briefing. I hope to see you there," he replied to Liv, watching her leave.

The next day...

The rest of the ESCI team had been assembled to meet the new recruit...

Liv introduced the rest of the team...
Abby.jpg Abby Scuito. "Hey. Heard about what you can do. Guess you're a vegan, huh?"

Lightman_1.jpg Dr. Cal Lightman. "I'm curious about how honest dead people can be."
Temperance-Brennan-The-Perfect-Pieces-in-the-Purple-Pond-bones-2422737-651-716.jpg Dr. Temperance "Bones" Brennan. "Just... don't do your thing on stuff I'm working on. That'll distract me."
Leonard_Samson.jpg Dr. Leonard Sampson, PhD. "I'm sure you've gone through some very unique psychological trials. Feel free to call on me anytime."
Michael Westen.jpg Michael Westen, former FBI Agent. "What can I say but welcome to the team?"

"We've got one other guy but he's not quite here yet, according to his text to me." Liv chimed in.

"So, why don't we start by telling you what it is we do. Whenever a crime scene is... weird. I mean really weird, we get called in. Either because we're regular people who are the best at what we do..." she shrugged. "...or they're like you and me, and I guess Doc Sampson - but his extra stuff doesn't really apply to psychiatry - and we bring some unusual stuff to the table. Oh, there's one more sort of member of the team, but she's more of a support for us. Cause you know, even special crime units need lawyers. Abby, do you have her up on Skype?"

"Yup." Abby clicked a button and a large flatscreen on one wall of the very high tech looking crime lab lit up.

"Wow. The screen's kind of fuzzy. All that tech, Leonard, and you can't get a stable Skype stream?"
shamelessly-she-hulk-s01-01.jpg
"Name's Jennifer Walters. I'm the legal arm of ECSI. And legs, too, if I could get this camera to focus you'd see them. The first thing I did was find an obscure code that the landlord of your building was violating, so I had the city claim imminent domain and then... well, arranged for the building to be transferred to the ECSI budget. You're rent free, sir. In fact, you're the new landlord. You're welcome."

Liv chuckled at the turn of events. "Any more questions or do you just want us to help you get settled in? Your desk is at the end of the second row, next to Abby's." Cue a bubble gum bubble pop by Scuito.

@LuckycoolHawk9

Last edited:
los-angeles-jpg.152769

The Tick was very confuse when she mention the green, but it was cleared when she explained that there was villain trying to hurt her,D.s, and everything like them. When she ask if he knew anyone that could help, he put his hand on chin. He thought of America Maid, Silver Scorpion,Lucifer, Lucifer dog. Tick nods and says, "I do know some people who could help: American Maid, Silver Scorpion, and Lucifer. I promise that we will stop tthis villain and his/her plan to harm you, D.s, and anyone else like you."

"Such a good selection of friends you have... please, find them for me, and have them meet me this afternoon in my garden on my front lawn, hmm?" She stepped back and Tick felt strange - even for him. Perhaps it was that amazing smell that the woman had?

"I have suitable protection in the meanwhile, I think D.S. wants to stay with me and guard me for now, yes?" And indeed the creature saluted her and moved to stand, soldier-like near Black Orchid.

"Please, don't delay, bring your friends as soon as you can, yes?"

@Breach

los-angeles-jpg.152769

Ned/ The Pie Maker and Shawn Spencer

Ned was kind of overwhelmed when he met everyone. Well at least no one touched him. " Yeah, I am," he replied back to Abby. He wasn't a big fan of accidently bringing his dinner back to life. " I haven't met a person who I revived-" He paused as he thought about Charles. " They're generally honest when they are murdered." He nodded, understanding what the doctor meant and nodded. He hadn't intended to do that. He was quiet and choose to ignore what Dr. Sampson said and listened when the others came in and to Jennifer Walters. " Nope, all of my questions were answered," he replied back to her, heading over to his desk or he would have, if he didn't notice the last person walk in.

" Sorry, I'm late. Got stuck in some traffic after I got some food. Oh, you must be the new guy, pie maker, right, I'm Shawn Spencer," he replied, placing a hand on Ned's shoulder.

Ned winced. It wasn't a hug. At least it wasn't a hug. " Nice to meet you," he replied, stepping back and out of the awkward position and headed towards his desk. Hopefully they wouldn't work together much.. why did he have a feeling he would be in front of him? He was.

@Michale CS

• Love
national-city-jpg.152770

Alexandra Kalomoira aka Huntress

Alexandra looked over the photos and listened to Beachhead.

" Interesting Beach, Winn, please pull up anything in our database about this place and the surrounding area. Contact DEO carefully, check if they know anything about this. Mike, what do you think we can expect with these sorts of artifacts ? "

@LuckycoolHawk9 @Nomad-22

national-city-jpg.152770

Alexandra Kalomoira aka Huntress

Alexandra looked over the photos and listened to Beachhead.

" Interesting Beach, Winn, please pull up anything in our database about this place and the surrounding area. Contact DEO carefully, check if they know anything about this. Mike, what do you think we can expect with these sorts of artifacts ? "

@LuckycoolHawk9 @Nomad-22

Alexandra's phone rang just then, on a line last used by either SHIELD or the FBI to contact her.
" Good Morning " she answered.

"This is Sinthea Schmidt. You do not know me, and the only reference that I could give you that you would recognize... well to be honest would severely taint your opinion of me, sight unseen. What is important is that I may have information that would help you in your current endeavor, and I've a desire to assist. Is this a good time to talk, or should I call back later?" The voice, although in perfect English, had a rather distinct German accent.

Alexandra listened carefully, " alright, I've a moment, go ahead " Alexandra's voice had the distinct California no accent.

"I've some circumstantial evidence that people that I have worked with in the past may be associated with - or the architects of - the incidents you are investigating. Though unfortunately I'm no longer associated closely enough with them to provide an infiltration role, my insights into their methods may prove helpful. I've my own - personal - reasons why I wish their plans fail, which I would like to discuss with you in person. For obvious reasons I don't wish to be too detailed over the phone."

" I see, Perhaps we can be of some use to each other. You'll forgive me if trust doesn't come easy Miss Schmidt. A meeting then?" Alex replied.

"I not only forgive you, I applaud you for it. Trust with me is like water - the right amount is required to live, and too much kills you. We should choose a neutral location, perhaps a park or some other outdoor venue to ensure privacy yet be suitably public to give a measure of security. I'm unfamiliar with the area - have you a suggestion?"

" National City, There is an animal park. Deep in the park there is a seating area near a giraffe feeding area. Four in the afternoon today "

There was a slight pause and a faint clicking sound in the background for a moment. "... That is acceptable. I'm a red-headed woman, nearly two meters tall. I'm sure you'll recognize me. Good morning." The call ended, leaving Alex to figure out exactly who this woman was.

@LuckycoolHawk9 @Nomad-22 @Gands

national-city-jpg.152770

Winn Schott and Mon-El

Winn looked over at her and then back at the pictures for a moment too.

Winn took a deep breath and nodded, going out of his way to search the database for any information that eh could find on the Kryptonian artifacts that were out there and carefully. " Well, if I'm going to be honest about everything, I am going to need some more time to examine them," he replied. He knew someone things about Krypton's artifacts but he wasn't a boatload of knowledge.

@Gands @Michale CS @Nomad-22

los-angeles-jpg.152769

Ned winced. It wasn't a hug. At least it wasn't a hug. " Nice to meet you," he replied, stepping back and out of the awkward position and headed towards his desk. Hopefully they wouldn't work together much.. why did he have a feeling he would be in front of him? He was.

@Michale CS

Abby walked over to Ned, handing him a flash drive. "Our latest case. Well, not latest-latest, but the latest one you're going to be working on. You're... pretty competent with a computer, yeah? Just download this to your desktop and you can review the files. Me, I'm going out to get a burrito. Want me to bring you back a 7-Layer? No meat, just like... well everything else."

Regardless of how he responded to her question she'd say "Gotcha. See ya later." and stride out of the facility, leaving Ned with the flash drive.

Once he'd gotten it loaded onto his computer, this is what it contained:

CASE FILE - ECSI 160311-JDX
Subject: Decedent Male, Homo Sapien/Kree Hybrid
algae skeleton.jpg
No indication of cause of death. Age of skeleton verifies decedent's date of death was no more than three months prior to discovery. Currently preserved submerged to protect integrity of subject.
Initial necropsy of bones showed little connective tissue survived, but was bolstered by algae and plant matter of possible Kryptonian origin. ( Theorized after testing showed negative reaction when exposed to small amounts of Kryptonite. Exposure was immediately ceased upon reaction. )
Continued testing indicates that after death, the decedent had all of their soft tissue removed, perhaps by use of a laser ( heat vision possibly? Another Kryptonian connection?)
The algae, according to the WAND consultant we requested, is mystically connected to an otherworldly plane/force of existence called The Green.
Subject may have been aligned with The Green prior to demise? No known Kree on file with such an alignment, but research indicates there is no preference of race or planet of origin for such connections.

END FILE - Case Status - Open​

After looking over the file, Abby returned with her food. "I forgot whether or not you said yeah or no to that 7 Layer, so I played it safe and got you one, Extra Guac. Strange case huh? See, I think the boss wants you to bring that dude back to find out what killed him. Does your whammy work on skeletons or do they gotta be fresh bodies?" She asked while tearing into her Carne Asada burrito.

@LuckycoolHawk9

Last edited:
los-angeles-jpg.152769

The Ticks nod, with a smile, and runs out of the house, while saying , " So, I am off to assemble the team. Also, I am sorry about the door. However, D.S knows how to fix things since we started to live together." He heads to the garden, where he met Silver Scorpion, to ask Scorpion if she can help. He starts to climb on a building and start hopping across roofs. As he jumps, he thinks about how it will be great to meet his new friends again and it will be terrific to fight crime with them. He smiles a goofy grin and the power of his jumping ability increases that sent him across a couples of buildings, at once, straight towards the garden.

He starts to climb on a building and start hopping across roofs. As he jumps, he thinks about how it will be great to meet his new friends again and it will be terrific to fight crime with them. He smiles a goofy grin and the power of his jumping ability increases that sent him across a couples of buildings, at once, straight towards the garden.
los-angeles-jpg.152769

"Honey, I'm retired. The only reason I came with you last time is that the hooligans were here on my watch. I'm not a superheroine anymore. I'm on Social Security, and I work this job part time to add to my retirement for my kids. But... I did spend twenty-five years in the business, so I can direct you to someone who may be able to help." Silver Scorpion gave The Tick a business card.

bizcardmaker-com-theme-picture--space-full.jpg"His name is Anthony Ludgate, but he goes by Doctor Druid. He's pretty powerful. A monster hunter, mainly, but I'm sure he can help. His place is at the corner of Foothill and Day in Ventura. He should be able to help you. Now if you'll excuse me honey, I need to get back to work."

Of course, even as the Tick flies... erm... leaps, Ventura is a good 50 miles away, so that might take a little time. Maybe if he found someone with transportation so he didn't leave a trail of damaged buildings for another 50 miles might help?

@Breach

Ned/ Pie Maker and Shawn Spencer

Ned looked over at the flash drive and took it. He wasn't completely incompetent with technology, even if it was later than where he was from. They still had computers and flash drives. " I would like the sandwich, it will help me to figure out what is happening here," he replied, happy that she had asked. He couldn't remember the last time he ate was having skipped breakfast this morning.

Shawn peered over and looked at Ned. " It's cool to know that you aren't a tech dinosaur. It took me some time to get used to the new tech, but I got a smart phone and learned how to work. That Pokemon Go app seems like something that my friend Gus would get addicted. Probably would play it to death."

Ned tried his best to ignore Shawn. It wasn't the easiest thing to do, but he would try, reading the fill.

Ned turned back to Abby and took a deep pause before he looked at her. " Thanks for the sandwich, yeah, from I read, it is a strange case. Ideally it works better with whole bodies, but I have done it with skeletons. It's harder because they notice they are dead really fast and it makes the minute hard to uphold. Seeing as this is a skeleton, I have to be extra careful because I don't know what the proximity rule will take if I exceed the limit... the nearest random alien, the nearest random human or the nearest plant? Hopefully, he won't attack, but I can try."

@Michale CS

• Useful
los-angeles-jpg.152769

Ned turned back to Abby and took a deep pause before he looked at her. " Thanks for the sandwich, yeah, from I read, it is a strange case. Ideally it works better with whole bodies, but I have done it with skeletons. It's harder because they notice they are dead really fast and it makes the minute hard to uphold. Seeing as this is a skeleton, I have to be extra careful because I don't know what the proximity rule will take if I exceed the limit... the nearest random alien, the nearest random human or the nearest plant? Hopefully, he won't attack, but I can try."

"Actually I'd been thinking about that. I've been working on an image reconstruction - with Bones' help, to find out what this lady looked like in life, and I think we got it pretty close. Between that and the hologram generators in the mobile lab - well, it's just a big rig with a bunch of gear in it but I like to call it the mobile lab - we can project a hologram around the skeleton lady when you wake her up so she doesn't like, see her bones and realize she's mostly dead, at least not at first." Abby responded.

"And from what you said about the minute and proximity rule... lemme patch that together. You bring people back for one minute and if you go past the minute something equivalent has to die? From the - 'research' " Liv makes air quotes just then. "that we've done on my condition since I've been with ECSI - being blasted by death rays, death spells, and so on - yeah it happens, I don't seem to be affected by things that have the specific effect of just... making people dead without any injury. So if your power picks me if you go past the minute, I shouldn't be affected. It may skip over me entirely being that I'm undead, but I'm willing to risk it. I'll run the holo projector while you talk to our alien plant-covered lady." Liv Moore chimed in.

"And to ensure the safety of the area, I'm going to call on an old teammate of mine, who might have some expertise in the area, to be nearby when this happens. Calls himself Doctor Druid. Very capable. We spent time on the West Coast Avengers together, back when I heroed more than psychoanalyzed people. Suit up. The rest of us are going to be on standby in case things go South. I'll plug in a location on the GPS, Liv. Ned, don't begin the procedure until I have Doctor Druid on site. He's an expert on The Green and has handled soul transfer issues before, so I want him there when you try this." Doc Sampson finalized the plan.

Abby queued up a random YouTube clip from one of the old SHIELD TV commercials that they had their GI JOE division do some years back, as a quirkly way of motiviation.

los-angeles-jpg.152769

Ned/ The Pie Maker and Shawn Spencer

Ned listened and nodded, understanding what they were going for. He actually wished he had back when he had to dig up graves or had even revived Charles Charles, Charlotte's father. He smiled and was happy that they had found the solution and he debated what he should say to them to show his appreciation, but he was actually at a loss of words for once in his short life too. He bite down and looked over with a sigh and took a deep breath, uncertain of what else there was to say about him.

Shawn tilted his head, trying to process everything that they were saying. Though he faked being psychic and only had advanced sight that allows him to quickly examine clues, he understood that there was a real supernatural force here. He got that Bones and Abby were human, but some of the other team mates were undead. He wasn't even going to ask when they tried these tests and turned to Ned. " Well, it seems that you are able to help them and as long as no other humans are around, I should be able to work with that as the alien plant lady can give me as much information as humanely possible. I think I can find a way to phrase my words, so that she can know also," he replied, trying to smile.

Ned nodded and looked at him. " So, when exactly do you want me to do this?" He asked him curiously.

@Michale CS

• Useful
los-angeles-jpg.152769

Fallen Angels

In the dark of night, the black-clad gunslinger stood before what looked like a fire-exit door at the bottom of a stairway, a story below street level in the side of a downtown building. A red neon oval had been installed on the door, and it glowed with a sullen, lurid heat. The thump of a bass beat vibrated almost sub-audibly up through the ground. In the light of the hellish strobe, he stared at the door,

Zero's one of those clubs that most people only hear rumors about. It moves around the city from time to time, but it's always as exclusive as a popular nightspot in a metropolis can possibly be. There were always other rumors as well, ones creepy enough to gain the attention of the Gunslinger.

Enough to have cut into his hunting time for this. From his inner pocket, an iron key he had killed for was slipped in, turned and opened the door. A wash of heat and smoke heavy with legally questionable substances pushed gently against his chest. Somewhere behind the red-lit smoke, heavy techno music filled the air and made the floor tremble.

The Gunslinger moved on, walking down a hallway that got darker, louder, and more illicitly aromatic as he went. It ended at a black curtain, and he pushed it irritably aside to reveal a few more feet of hallway, a door, and two politely formidable-looking men in dark suits standing in front of it.

One of them lifted a hand and told him, "I'm sorry, sir, but this is a private-"

The heavy music masked the gunfire, both suits falling and writhing as the properties of Baskerville and Samael burned the monster's from the inside out. If anything, it meant he was at the right place. Spurs clinking, he stepped over the bodies and threw open the door.

There was no white light inside Zero. Most of it was red, punctuated in places with pools of blue and plenty of black lights scattered everywhere so that even where shadows were thickest, some colors jumped out in disquieting luminescence. Cigarette smoke hung in a pall over the large room, a distance-distorting haze under the black lights.

He had entered on a kind of balcony that overlooked the dance floor below. Music pounded, the bass beat so loud that Lucifer could feel it in his lower stomach. Lights flashed and swayed in synchronicity. The floor was crowded with sweating, moving bodies dressed in a broad spectrum of clothing, from full leather coverings including a whole-head hood, at one extreme, to one girl clad in a few strips of electrical tape on the other. There was a bar down by the dance floor, and tables scattered around its outskirts under a thirty-foot-high ceiling. A few cages hung about eight feet over the dance floor, each containing a young man or woman in provocative clothing.

Stairways and catwalks led up to about a dozen platforms that thrust out from the walls, where patrons could sit and overlook the scene below while gaining a measure of privacy for themselves. Most of the platforms were furnished with couches and chaise longues rather than tables and chairs. There were more exotic bits of furniture up on the platforms, as well: the giant X shape of a St. Andrew's cross, which was currently supporting the bound form of a young man, his wrists and ankles secured to the cross, his face to the wood, his hair falling down over his naked back. Another platform had a shiny brass pole in its center, and a pair of girls danced around it, in the middle of a circle of men and women sprawled over the couches and lounges.

Everywhere he looked, people were doing things that would have gotten them arrested anywhere else. Couples, threesomes, foursomes, and nineteensomes were fully engaged in sexual activity on some of the private platforms. From where he stood, he ould see two different tables where lines of white powder waited to be inhaled. A syringe disposal was on the wall next to every trash can, marked with a bright biohazard symbol. People were being beaten with whips and riding crops. People were bound up with elaborate arrangements of ropes, as well as with more prosaic handcuffs. Piercings and tattoos were everywhere. Screams and cries occasionally found their way through the music, agony, ecstasy, joy, or rage all indistinguishable from one another.

The lights flashed constantly, changing and shifting, and every beat of the music created a dozen new frozen montages of sybaritic abandon.

The music, the light, the sweat, the smoke, the booze, the drugs-it all combined into a wet, desperate miasma that was full of needs that could never be sated.

That's why the place was called Zero. Zero limits. Zero inhibitions. Zero restraint. It was a place of perfect, focused abandon, of indulgence, and it was intriguing and hideous, nauseating and viscerally hungry.

Zero fulfillment.

If the man he sought was anywhere, it would be here. And with a sneer, he made his way inside like wrath personified.

@Michale CS @Gands