Why do you roleplay?

I'm still not sure.

Started with such eloquence as *i leaps down and stabs u* on Habbo Hotel. I've come a ways since then - yeah, 'cause back then I actually used to get to the point, rather than writing 1k+ words of meandering old bollocks!

The best answer I've managed to tell myself since some years past about why I'm attracted to RP specifically is because I'm hunting what I, for want of a better way to put it (I don't know if this has a name, see), called organic moments.

When we create a character, they're our creation. Given enough time interacting with others and enduring the events of the setting, though, that doesn't always remain the case. I'm addicted to that moment where you're writing a character in a way that... blindsides you with the realisation that not only could you not seen this coming from the mindset of when you first wrote them, but it's in fact massively different from the original. Their actions and reactions are now their own only, and truthfully? Sometimes that makes it hard. I've seen characters of mine and others evolve into things that're quite disgraceful - and yet you can't argue with it, in view of what's happened. Sometimes you do wish you could go back with them, but I don't - after a point it's out of my hands, by then what I'm just a catalyst for what these characters need to do.

Usually I don't get that far. And in some ways it's better that we keep a firm grip on our characters, anyways. Like I mentioned, it's a nuisance when they start growing habits which're damaging to the general health of the RP; you're caught between retaining veracity or stepping-in to water them down, so they don't start flying off the handle... nonetheless, I've found that's something you'll only see from RP or other kinds of collaborative writing, it does interest me.

I already loved writing on my own. Writing with someone else made that love even better. I enjoy being surprised at what my partner will write-only if we have that strong writing connection. When I feel challenged to improve my writing that's another reason I roleplay.

• Love
Reactions: The Mood is Write
I always liked writing, hence why i have a fanfiction account. Writing is creativity and with logic with what you were writing with. Writing with a partner and having the anticipation of the next reply they will send to you. When my writing feels challenged to improve my writing and to get out of those little habits. Also i have fun when i roleplay!