fandom, slice of life, modern, fantasy

mischief is hereditary

charlotte mitchell

general

tumblr_oyt7qkgRye1w40qvyo1_500.gif

NAME
charlotte mackenzie mitchell

NICKNAMES
> charlie ; her most common nickname, and in fact what she usually introduces herself as.
> mack ; her best friend, and fellow troublemaker, usually refers to her as this as he's one of the few people that knows her middle name.
> cherry ; a play on her name, and in reference to her size and red hair, her older brother coined this affectionate term for her shortly after she dyed her hair. he's the only one allowed to call her that.
> lottie ; this is usually used by people trying to annoy her because she hates the nickname.
> munchkin ; considering her size, this is often a teasing name used for her.

BIRTHDAY
august 18th

ZODIAC
leo

SEX/GENDER
female

OCCUPATION
a freshman in college, and also works part time at a tattoo parlour.

ETHNICITY
she was born and raised in america, though she has italian and spanish roots.

ACCENT
average american

appearance

tumblr_osad8mDXPp1s9xlo1o4_500.gif

HEIGHT
5'0

WEIGHT
90 lbs

HAIR
originally, her hair was dark brown, almost black, but she dyed it a bright red when she was fifteen and it stuck so she touches it up frequently. her hair is kept chopped short and just slightly wavy.

EYES
she has warm, honey coloured eyes.

BODY
quite slim, lacking most curves of any sort.

SKIN
she has fair skin, something she obtained from her father.

PIERCINGS
she has five piercings on each ear, as well as a nose ring and a belly piercing.

SCARS/MARKINGS
she has a few scars along her legs and arms from a bike accident she was in two years ago.

TATTOOS
x xxxx x

HEALTH AILMENTS
charlie is anaemic -- meaning she can sometimes face shortness of breath.

FACECLAIM

lily collins

persona

tumblr_oyt7qkgRye1w40qvyo4_500.gif

PERSONALITY
there are a lot of ways to describe charlie. she's reckless, destructive, careless, stubborn. these are just a handful of all the negative traits associated with her. she's not one to think things through. Because of this, not only is she impulsive and blunt, but she's quick to jump to conclusions. this shows her temperamental side. it is a very ugly sight when she's angry — and she gets angry quickly. Charlie isn't one to let things go that easily and she holds grudges. she has something of a vengeful side and she doesn't care who or what is affected by her actions. Some people would say she's eccentric — like her brother — while the rest would merely call her a crazy bitch. there are very rare moments where she seems like a normal human being — usually when her older brother is brought up or when she's around animals. charlie can also be trustworthy, even if she's also incredibly conniving. she just needs to trust someone first and that will take a lot of time.

smoking | mischief | classical rock music | ballet | drinking | parties | doing as she pleases | adrenaline rushes | horror movies | anything gory | tattoos

DISLIKES
being told what to do | authority | being reatrained | being wrong | bigots | hypocrites | discrimination | anything pink | deep water

HOBBIES
getting up to no good | dancing (though she won't let anyone see it) | causing trouble

HABITS
smoking | tapping her fingers against most surfaces | digging her nails into her palms

FEARS
doing something bad that she can't go back from | deep water

MENTAL AILMENTS
charlie has a myriad of problems, which was what landed her in rehab in the first place. she suffers from adhd, dyslexia, bipolar disorder and intermittent explosive disorder. apart from this, she can also suffer from insomnia sometimes.

MEMORABLE QUOTES
> "i'm not looking for a nice guy. i don't do boyfriends and i don't date."
> "there are two kinds of people in this world; hopeless romantics and realists."
> "I'm sorry that i'm not a person anymore. i'm a problem."
> "suck my skinny balls."
> "i'm not a nice girl."
> "life is as meaningful as you fool yourself into thinking it is."

relations

tumblr_oyt7qkgRye1w40qvyo2_500.gif

FAMILY
> anthony charles mitchell ; father ; alive
> aria grace mitchell [nee lopez] ; mother ; alive/whereabouts unknown
> carson hale mitchell ; older brother ; deceased
> caleb daine mitchell ; older brother ; alive

FRIENDS
not that many really. charlie closed herself off a year ago. She has probably one guy she speaks to a lot, named Mathew, who she also calls her best friend since he's her longest friend. like her, he's also usually up to no good, but he makes up with it in his grades — he's very smart.

ENEMIES
numerous

EXES
numerous though there are a few notable ones. Names like Dylan perry, cadmus kane and paul louis strike a chord with her because those relationships were toxic, abusive and violating. All in that order.

PETS
the family cat, a calico named spike, that she rescued off the streets.

background

tumblr_oyt7qkgRye1w40qvyo5_500.gif

PAST
charlie has grown up into a home that was never really well off. her dad was an alcoholic addict and her mother was a junkie. both parents used to deal drugs to make a living and that's all charlie knew growing up. Because her parents were never around, she formed a close bond with both her brothers even though they usually left her out of stuff when she was younger, in order to keep her safe and her innocence intact. Not that it made much of a difference. She started acting out wnd getting in trouble for petty theft and that's where it all began. All three kids, though tight knit, had some serious problems. They were always getting into trouble. charlie had her first drink at twelve and started smoking at thirteen. It wasn't anything extreme till she turned fourteen and her older brother carson overdosed. By this time, charlie had tried drugs only once but after that, she swore, never again.

After that, things got worse at home. Her parents, once loving despite their illegal activities, fought more, with each other and the kids. This led to charlie's mother leaving and the kids being left to their fathee. The bad ways only continued with caleb getting kicked out of school for possession of drugs. The siblings remained close but they were not on the road to getting better.

At least, until charlie turned sixteen and her father decided to get his sct togwther. He started going to meetings and tried to stay clean and insisted that his kids go to a rehab centre every week and particupate in a support group to get better as well.

PRESENT
Charlie initially went for support group but got fed up. She was still hung up on the death of her eldest brother so she acted out much more. She skipped most of the meetings and just got into more trouble.

EXTRAS
charlie is fluent in spanish and speaks that primarily with her brother around the household.

chicks dig bad boys

caleb mitchell

general

tumblr_inline_o7l3ygKpRO1sn95bh_250.gif

NAME
caleb daine mitchell

NICKNAMES
> cal ; his most common nickname, and often used as a short form of his real name.
> right hook ; he got this nickname after beating up someone from the same rehab group.
> nerd ; this came up because he's almost always seen with a book and he's always correcting people.
> kale ; a play on his name, and the fact that he hates kale, his sister came up with this name for him and she's pretty much the only one that gets to call him that.

BIRTHDAY
november 11th

ZODIAC
scorpio

SEX/GENDER
male

OCCUPATION
he works at an auto shop

ETHNICITY
he was born and raised in america, though he has italian and spanish roots.

ACCENT
average american

appearance

tumblr_inline_nm972tMYjj1sccn28.gif

HEIGHT
5'10

WEIGHT
140 lbs

HAIR
he has dark brown hair that's usually a mess and covers his forehead.

EYES
he has warm, honey coloured eyes.

BODY
he ha a bit of a skinny frame, though he doesn't entirely lack muscle. it's just not that visible.

SKIN
he has slightly tanned skin, something he obtained from his mother

PIERCINGS
none

SCARS/MARKINGS
multiple scars from fights he's gotten in -- and continues to get in

TATTOOS
x x xx

HEALTH AILMENTS
none

FACECLAIM

devon bostick

persona

tumblr_n187vgXwtb1ttntluo5_250.gif

PERSONALITY
Caleb is, in many ways, like his sister. Though probably not as destructive and more compassionate instead. he took after his father in this regard. While he too is reckless and impulsive and usually up to no good — and not to mention a huge flirt — he also tends to be caring when he sees the need to be. He's much more emotional than charlie — he, instead of acting out after the death of their elder brother, fell into depression, and it happens the same time every year. Caleb also has his troublesome moments too though. he's reckless and tends to speak his mind snd do as he pleases so the trbel in him always shows, even if he may pause what he's doing because it might be harming someone he knows. Trusting is very hard for him to do and he's afraid he may never be able to open up with someone completely because though he wears his heart on his sleeve most times, he also keeps certain details hidden so people know what he's feeling but they never know why he feels that way.

smoking | alcohol | books | reading | parties | his car | driving | freedom | doing what he wants | making fun | getting in trouble

DISLIKES
drugs | being undermined | people that pick fights for no reason | bigots | hypocrites | racism | being wrong | being told what to do

HOBBIES
playing the guitar | playing with the cat | driving around town aimlessly

HABITS
smoking | thinking aloud/talking to himself | biting his nails

FEARS
ending up alone by pushing away those closest to him

MENTAL AILMENTS
caleb suffers from adhd and seasonal depression, which is usually around winter.

MEMORABLE QUOTES
> "keep quiet or i'll lock you in the dryer"
> "what could i learn at school that i can't teach myself?"
> "i'm not crying. i'm sweating. in my eyes."
> "i hate this planet."
> "trust me?"
> "if anyone makes a sound, the party is over and i am a dead man."

relations

tumblr_inline_nm967uBzo61sccn28.gif

FAMILY
> anthony charles mitchell ; father ; alive
> aria grace mitchell [nee lopez] ; mother ; alive/whereabouts unknown
> carson hale mitchell ; older brother ; deceased
> charlotte mackenzie mitchell ; younger sister ; alive

FRIENDS
he has only one good friend, which happens to be a guy named luke, who is in the same support group as him.

ENEMIES
numerous

EXES
numerous

PETS
the family cat, a calico named spike

background

tumblr_inline_o1p6egzfUx1tmmqhd_400.gif

PAST
Caleb's life went along similarly to Charlie's. His reactions wer slightly different though. Since, for the first few years of charlie's life, the brothers had decided to keep her out of their business, he was much closer to the eldest brother, carson, than anyone. They did pretty much everything together and carson taught caleb everything he knew. When their sister came into the picture, they were like the three musketeers, but constantly up to no good instead of doing anything worthwhile.

When carson died, caleb was devastated. He became severely depressed and started to drink away his sorrows. This lasted for a while and now every tear, during winter, around the time carson died, clen slips into depression and goes on a drinking spree because he thinks it will help him forget.

When his dad got clean and insisted caleb go to a rehab support group, he reluctantly agreed before realising that it might actually help.

PRESENT
caleb continues to attend support group, saying that it's to ease his father's mind, but truthfully, he feels like it's slowly helping and he's meeting some interesting people there. Nevertheless, he is still prone to outbursts so he tends to skip sometimes too.

EXTRAS
Like charlie, caleb is fluent in spanish anr speaks it primarily at home.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: MaryGold

one beautiful mess

Penelope Iris

general

tumblr_inline_nwa9k91Xme1qlt39u_250.gif

NAME
Penelope Tess Iris

NICKNAMES
> Poppy; almost everyone calls her by this, and she is most fond of this nickname herself
> Penny; because her ex-boyfriend had to call her something different, this was just one of the many names he called her
> Nell; the name her best friend calls her by
> Rosie Posie/Posie; a dear name to her, only her family refers to her as such
> Pixie; while she got the name from her parents, everyone started calling her such when they saw her perform. She resembled a pixie with her features and performs like one too

BIRTHDAY
April 25th

ZODIAC
taurus

SEX/GENDER
female

OCCUPATION
a freshman in college, and also works part time at a bakery.

ETHNICITY
Poppy was born in America and primarily raised in the country, but her parents were not. She has both French and Dutch in her blood.

ACCENT
average American

appearance

tumblr_inline_nwaav2K9Lp1qlt39u_250.gif

HEIGHT
5'2

WEIGHT
100 lbs

HAIR
Poppy's hair is naturally golden blonde and reaches past her shoulders.

EYES
Bright and colourful blue

BODY
Poppy's build is a mix of athletic and hourglass as she is in perfect shape but does carry curves.

SKIN
Fair skinned and nearly flawless

PIERCINGS
she has triple lobe piercings on her right ear and a single piercing on her left ear lobe

SCARS/MARKINGS
she only has a few self-inflicted scars on her stomach

TATTOOS
None.

HEALTH AILMENTS
None.

FACECLAIM

Britt Robertson

persona

tumblr_inline_nwaat7BgtO1qlt39u_250.gif

PERSONALITY
Poppy looks like a classic good and prissy girl, one you would find in an honour roll class, not part of a sorority or at parties. This about her is half true, she likes order and not chaos. Because of this, a lot of people view her as a stick in the mud. But there's more to her than what is on the surface. The girl is really quite a loveable dork with a playful spirit. She does like to let loose and have fun, though, she is so cautious it is often overshadowed. And she is very assertive and honest, never letting people walk all over her. She has a sharp tongue, something she wields rather than her fist when she's upset. Teasing others is another way she has fun, but knows when to stop because she is also a very comforting person. Like every other person, she has layers and is quite excitable when you peel away those layers.

Baked goods | Painting | Winter | Hot cocoa | Chocolate | Ice skating | Birthdays | Pillows | Whipped cream | Laughter | Disney movies | Flowers | Costumes | Animals

DISLIKES
Bigots | Smoking | Being touched without permission | Being called Barbie | Humid weather | Binge eating

HOBBIES
Ice skating | Baking

HABITS
Picking at her nails | Ruffling her hair | Sniffing just about everything

FEARS
Breaking down again | Failing everyone

MENTAL AILMENTS
Bulimia | OCD | Anxiety

MEMORABLE QUOTES
> "I don't know you, I don't want to know you, so you need to leave me alone, understand?"
> "Like a date?"
> "Screw it"
> "Why are you smiling?"
> "I don't feel very strong right now"
> "No, lie to me"

relations

tumblr_inline_nwaarspFGR1qlt39u_250.gif

FAMILY
> Eduoard Iris ; father ; alive
> Rose Iris ; mother ; alive
> Anthony Iris ; older brother ; alive

FRIENDS
She has a bunch of friends, but only one she is super close to

ENEMIES
More than she realizes

EXES
Just one.

PETS
She has two pet rabbits.

background

tumblr_inline_nwac2bxKTp1qlt39u_250.gif

PAST
Poppy was born in the states but was raised from age 1 to 7 in France. She spent a lot of her time playing with her brother, back then they were close. Something they enjoyed to do together was ice skating. At the age of five, her parents recognized her talent and entered her into competitions. And she only continued to rise as a little star when they moved back to the states. She was popular through every grade being a beauty and having a magnificent talent in figure skating. However, it was a lot of work, the training, the competitions, the fans and popularity. It took a toll on her, a huge toll.

She finally broke when she discovered her boyfriend was cheating on her. Her parents sent her away to receive the help she needed, in doing so she missed her first year of college.

PRESENT
Ever since she had been released from the hospital, her parents have been monitoring her. Her brother treats her coldly, but she wants a sense of normalcy.

EXTRAS
She is fluent in French.

just wing it

Anthony Iris

general

tumblr_inline_o2suqeWhQl1qlt39u_250.gif

NAME
Anthony Logan Iris

NICKNAMES
> Theo; commonly used by his friends
> Ant; it started off with his parents calling him this and sooner or later everyone else followed when wanting to tease him
> Ant Hill; his sister called him this because he's huge compared to her
> Ice King; He gained the name for practically dominating the ring in hockey
> Rock Star; he gained the name from his friends long ago for shredding the guitar, but hasn't played in a while

BIRTHDAY
October 14th

ZODIAC
libra

SEX/GENDER
male

OCCUPATION
a junior in college, and also works part time at a bar.

ETHNICITY
Anthony was born in America and primarily raised in the country, but his parents were not. He has both French and Dutch in her blood.

ACCENT
average American

appearance

tumblr_inline_o2suqqHYM61qlt39u_250.gif

HEIGHT
6'4

WEIGHT
165 lbs

HAIR
Light brown which he generally tries to keep short.

EYES
Like his sister, he has bright and colourful blue eyes.

BODY
Anthony has an athletic build, though he isn't large he is well toned.

SKIN
Fair, but not at all flawless.

PIERCINGS
None

SCARS/MARKINGS
He has a few small scars from playing roughly as a kid and light freckles on his chest

TATTOOS
He has one on his left wrist and right forearm.

HEALTH AILMENTS
Nearsightedness | Night Blindness | Diabetes

FACECLAIM

Hayden Christensen

persona

tumblr_inline_o2svc2X7Wc1qlt39u_400.gif

PERSONALITY
Anthony is probably one of the most chill people you will ever meet. Despite being so popular, he is still down to earth with an easy-going personality and mild temper. He's an assertive follow who is kind but also somewhat abrasive. Without meaning it, he can be unintentionally rude but just as much as he can be thoughtful. He is sometimes influenced by other people, but if he thinks something is wrong or right, there is no changing that in his mind. While his a bit arrogant, knowing that he is the campus's hottie, he also has no problem with making jokes at his own expense. Anyone trying to insult him will do so in vain, insults roll off him like water on a duck's back. Still, there are a few things he is highly sensitive of, like his sister.

Parties | Drinking | Smoking | Rock music | Alternative | Guitar | Girls | Getting what he wants | Action movies | Photography | Sunglasses | Old horror movies | Hockey

DISLIKES
Judgemental people | Discrimination | Taking care of his sister | Broccoli | Opera

HOBBIES
Playing the guitar | Ice skating | Photography

HABITS
Smoking | Tearing paper

FEARS
His sister breaking down again | Being left alone

MENTAL AILMENTS
None.

MEMORABLE QUOTES
> "This is when the fun begins."
> "I've got a bad feeling about this."
> "Oh, this is the worst day of my life."
> "Thank you for talking about me behind my back, that'll be useful in court."
> "Lady, you don't know shit about shit."
> "I'm not lying to you."

relations

tumblr_inline_p87uw0g9BZ1rbb08b_250.gif

FAMILY
> Eduard Iris ; father ; alive
> Rose Iris ; mother ; alive
> Penelope Iris ; younger sister; alive

FRIENDS
He has a lot.

ENEMIES
Probably just as many as he has friends.

EXES
A lot, but only a few ones that matter.

PETS
None.

background

tumblr_inline_p87uw1om631rbb08b_250.gif

PAST
Anthony lived a rather normal and nice life, being born to a very well-off family. He spent most of his time playing video games, and exploring the great outdoors, he cared little for the opposite gender except for his little sister. He instantly became her protector and when they moved to France, he spent so much time with her, teaching her about their home in the states. He was the first to discover her talent on the ice when he took her out to play. Admittedly, he was a bit jealous when she started gathering all the attention, rising as a little figure skating star. He was still proud of her, but easily forgotten half of the time.

Around his high school years, he hung around the least popular kids who also were considered the "bad crowd". That was a time where he and Poppy drifted apart and his dislike for her grew. She often tried to tell; him what to do and what not to do, such as stop smoking, stop drinking, stop partying so much, wear decent clothes. He distanced himself from her and from home. He started up his own band and continued his awful habits.

One day, he dabbled in drugs and nearly died. In the hospital, they discovered he had diabetes. To help him and get his act straight, his parents forced him to play a sport. He chose hockey. He had always enjoyed the sport and was always amazing at it, he never guessed it would, sleeping him popular though. So much so, it conflicted with the people in his old status until he broke it off.

PRESENT
His grades had already been good enough, but he got a scholarship into college for his Hockey. Most days he spends his time hanging out with his friends and staying in an on and off relationship with Wendy Boulder. Since his sister has unexpectedly freaked out, he has been keeping his distance from her.

EXTRAS
He is fluent in French.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: winnie
Anthony Iris
and i'm always tired, but never of you

"I think I'm going to puke …" Moaned the young man standing next to Anthony. His name was Justin, and he was looking every bit green as he leaned his head against his taller best friend's shoulder. By the look of his pale face and moans, there was no doubt on Anthony's mind that he would, in fact, vomit sooner or later. The man had a lot to drink from the moment they had entered the party hours ago, yet it was still going strong. Anthony would dare to say it was going harder than when they had first walked through the door. "I'm so sick. Ant, do you have any medicine. I think I drank too much." Justin rested his chin against and looked at the taller male who was too busy looking at the ongoing part. He was practically clinging to him now, wrapping both on his arms around Anthony's.

Anthony shrugged his shoulder and succeeded in knocking Justin's chin off. He only proceeded to take his arm back after inhaling the toxic fumes from his cigarette and blowing the same smoke in Justin's face. The man stepped back coughing as he attempted to fan away the smoke, Anthony smirked at his attempts and sighed. "You better not puke on me if you do." Using his free hand, he raked his fingers through his hair and ruffled his already unkempt hair. "If you want medicine so badly, ask Ashley. It is her place." He mumbled as Justin whined at Anthony's cold response.

It was Summer break ending party, kicking off the start of a new school semester. And Anthony had no intentions of spending it cleaning up after his best friend, just because he couldn't hold his drink. In the end, he would be dragging the man home anyway, just as he always did after every party. If anything, the one thing he wanted to do was meet someone new for a change. He loved his friends, but they could all be too much sometimes. Anthony was always surrounded by the same people in all the same places. With the school semester, there was bound to be new people for sure, Ashley extended invitations to her to just about everyone. She was a very friendly person and not as judgemental as some people were, like his ex-girlfriend, Lisa.

Exhaling more smoke from his lungs, Ant moved forward, leaning Justin up against the wall. He would eventually pass out somewhere and when Anthony was ready to leave he'd find him. He put his cigarette out in the bowl set in the middle of the table before heading to the kitchen, it was less crowded than the living room where others were making out, conversing and dancing. Plus, there were snacks. He reached for the chips as his blue eyes scanned the kitchen. The male almost stopped in his tracks when he'd caught a glimpse of a familiar face but thought himself to be mistaken. There was no way in hell his sister Penelope would be caught in a party like this one, especially not after being released from the hospital so soon. His parents would never allow it. So, he shrugged his shoulders and nibbled on his potato chip until he spotted red hair.

She stuck out in the room full of people. "Can't say I've seen you around before. Friend of Ashley's?" He asked, smiling charmingly and hoping to make conversation.

Penelope Iris
my heart is gold and my hands are cold

She should not have come. She knew she should not have come. But how could she have turned Julia down? It was her best friend, her best friend she hadn't seen for a year. Her best friend who she had left without saying goodbye to, who she had left in the dark. The woman may have been the first person she called when returning, but they were on rocky ground after all that happened. Penelope was treading on thin ice with her and wanted to do anything possible to make it up to the girl, she owed Julia that. So, when Julia invited her to a party, Penelope couldn't turn her down. Even when she knew it probably wouldn't be a good idea, that her parents would never agree and that her brother may even be there or worse her ex … Nonetheless, she agreed and kept the details vague to her parents what exactly she'd be doing out with Julia.

The moment she had walked in the door, she became nervous. Julia was always the more social and lovable one out of the two of them, so she stuck to the girl while she talked with all her friends. Eventually, her new boyfriend who Penelope had no knowledge of showed up and disappeared with her. Penelope was left alone, being pushed around by sweaty bodies and breathing smoke of marijuana. With the blaring music making it hard to even hear her own thoughts, her anxiety began to climb bit by bit. She should have never come and no she needed a drink, but drinking anything would be bad for her. Still, her throat was dry, so she pushed her way to the kitchen.

Luckily, the kitchen wasn't as nearly as crowded as the other room. She rushed to the sink after grabbing a cup and quickly filled her cup. Penelope wasted no time in gulping down her water, she barely had a moment to breathe. No, she only inhaled deeply and exhaled after finishing her drink. Her head began to clear some. She couldn't stay, she decided. She would find Julia and say goodbye, though, she knew she'd hear about it later, but she just couldn't stay. It was awful as it was and she was tired already. "Jules!" She called for her friend over the many voices and loud music, stepping on her toes as she looked for her friend and failed. Just about everyone was taller than her, blocking her view.

She left the kitchen and down another hallway. Why was the house so big? She hadn't the slightest idea, whoever it belonged to was very clearly wealthy. But her attention was stolen by a couple making out in the hallway, she averted her eyes, feeling embarrassed to have caught them. She slowly walked by, but only raised her head again to look at them once more. The boy looked familiar .. and of course, he was, it was Mason. Her ex.

Penelope rushed by into a fuller room where the party was going just as strong. She could only hope that he didn't see her or even recognize her. Her teeth sunk into her lower lip as she forgot her original plan. What was she supposed to be doing or better yet, who was the girl he was with? It wasn't the same woman he had cheated on her with… She needed fresh air, she scanned the room until she found the glass slide doors that led to the patio. She had only took one step toward them before being stopped by another familiar face, Jeffery. A friend of her ex. He grabbed her arm.

"If it isn't Poppy Iris!" He was clearly drunk, almost slurring every word, but his hold on her arm was strong, almost painful. "Where have you been?"

"I .." Penelope tried to smile and take her arm back but failed. Her voice was also cracking, she felt like crying. It was all too much. "I have to go."

"Hey, hey, I haven't seen you in so long." He grinned, pulling her close. "Let's have a drink," he released her arm and wrapped his arms around her small shoulders, pulling her close. She swore he was going to crush her. With his free arm, he handed her another drink and gestured her to drink.

So, she did. And when he offered her another she did. Penelope was in no position to refuse.

• Love
Reactions: winnie
charlie mitchell
clever as the devil and twice as pretty

Typically, Charlie loved a good party. There was booze, there were cigarettes, and there were guys. Three things she usually looked for, to take up her time during an ordinary evening. As of late, her father had been keeping a stricter eye on her since he was adamant that she and her brother Caleb both get sober by going to support groups but that wasn't happening any time soon. If anything, since her eldest brother died, Charlie drank and smoked more. It was her way of coping -- but nobody said it was a good way. She probably knew, deep down, that it wasn't the way to go, but of course, she wasn't about to stop now. Parties, which were once fun, now became a way to escape her suddenly overprotective father, as well as her depression over the loss of her brother.

She was currently hiding out in the kitchen, with a plastic cup full of beer in one hand, while the other hand constantly gravitated toward her pocket where she kept her lighter and cigarettes. She was itching to have a smoke, but Charlie was first waiting to see where her brother went. She knew for a fact he was there because a) he didn't follow their father's rules either and b) he knew that she was here and he likely wanted to send her ass home. He may not be so eager to get sober so quickly but he still wanted her to follow through with it. Charlie couldn't count the number of times she fought over that same issue with Caleb. Now she just tried to avoid him at parties so she could blatantly lie about her whereabouts. They both knew what she was really up to. She didn't know why he didn't just give up.

Charlie was tiny, so seeing above a crowd was hard, but fortunately for her, her brother was relatively tall, so she spotted him soon. As he peeped into the kitchen, she did well to hide behind a much more buff guy, and when she turned back, he was gone, ducking into the adjoining hallway. Sighing in relief, Charlie downed whatever beer remained in her glass and intended to head toward the back door in the kitchen, so she could smoke in the backyard peacefully, when she heard a voice.

The redhead swiveled in her spot, only to come face to face with a rather familiar face. A familiar, attractive face. It only took a moment for her to realise that this was Anthony Iris, an old friend of her brothers. She wasn't aware of the true nature as to why they stopped hanging out but from what she had gathered, it was that they followed different paths. Her brother obviously took the wrong one, but clearly, Anthony didn't recognise her. She figured it might be the hair. And the nose ring. And the fact that she looked very different now than when she had been younger. She was even skinnier because of the smoking -- not that she would stop of course. Charlie decided there was no harm in taking advantage of the situation.

She returned his charming smile with one of her own. "Not exactly. I'm more like a friend of a friend." Or something like that. Her best friend Mathew wasn't exactly Ashley's 'friend'. It was more like a friends with benefits type of deal, but there was no need to get into those specifics. "I'm mainly here for the good booze," she said with a smirk, nodding her head toward the drinks counter. "What about you? Drinks? Girls? Both?" Charlie was known for being quite up front so she wasn't really going to beat around the bush.

caleb mitchell
don't worry, the horns hold up the halo

"I swear I'm going to kill you, Mack."

Caleb was muttering to himself constantly as he walked up and down, and in and out of the house full of people. The music was so loud he could hardly hear himself think, and normally, this was the kind of situation he would find himself in almost every night, and he would be quite pleased. At the moment though, he was more concerned with finding his sister. He knew he was a hypocrite for trying to keep her sober and out of trouble when he drank pretty much every chance he got, but he knew he couldn't stop himself, and he wanted to be able to do something good. He couldn't lose his sister the way he lost his brother. That had been too hard to handle and he knew that Charlie was just trying to cope with it by acting out more, but Caleb had to put an end to it.

SInce he had been planning to come to this party himself, he knew Charlie was there. They were too much alike than he would have liked, if he was being honest. The last thing he wanted was for his sister to become like him but she was already far down that road. Maybe he could stop her before it was too late. That was the only reason he hadn't picked up a drink the moment he got into Ashley's house. He'd been coming to her parties for as long as he could remember, but this was probably the first time he wasn't downing drink after drink or hooking up with some random chick. Nobody even caught his eye. He was assuming that the pop of red would alert him to Charlie's whereabouts, but instead, he saw something else that grabbed his attention.

The first thing was the familiarity of her face. He was quite sure he had seen her before. What hit him next was that she was very clearly uncomfortable, and some drunk guy was with her. Of course, Caleb was no saint. But he held high respect for women -- at least, the ones he didn't sleep with. His first instinct, naturally, was to try to be the good samaritan and shove the guy off, teach him a lesson. His compulsion to do this only became more severe when he got closer and he realised he actually knew the girl. It may have been a long time but he had no doubt in his mind that this was the younger sister of his former best friend.

He hadn't seen Anthony in a very long time. They just sort of fell off track. Or rather, Caleb fell off track and they both followed different paths. Caleb wasn't about to drag Anthony down with him but there were just many complicated things there that couldn't be explained. Caleb hadn't even thought about his former friend in years, but he always remembered his sister being quite sweet, even if Caleb had barely spoken to her. She didn't belong in a place like this and it made him wonder what exactly she was doing there. Nevertheless, that was not priority.

Caleb was usually calm in such situations. He'd only let things get out of hand if the other guy refused to listen. So, he approached the matter gently. "Hey, Penelope, right?" He said as he neared the two of them. His gaze was only on her for a second though because it quickly traveled to the guy that had a firm grip on her shoulders and his expression turned cold. His voice, however, remained neutral. For the most part. It was dangerously calm. "I think you're making her uncomfortable. Why don't you do yourself a favor and go pass out somewhere else?" Caleb was strongly suggesting it, but his tone made it clear that there was no room for argument.