1. 1-3 posts per day
Writing Levels
  1. Advanced
  2. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
Genres
Horror, fantasy, sci-fi.
I may have posted this in slightly the wrong place and can't delete so uh I guess I'll edit as we go. A summary is no bad thing to have.

The old world is dying.

The king is dead, his son is a halfwit heretic, a dozen dukes raise armies to contest the throne and bark like caged hounds on the borders. Foreign powers decry every side as a heathen and barbarian and back their favourites for promises of land and treasure. Schismatic faiths hire mercenaries and rally witch-hunters to bloody ends for their preferred crown pretender. The faultlines threaten to spread and consume the continent entire.
The nobles, the priests, the merchants - they stand to profit. But the peasants suffer. The citizens of sieged cities suffer. Even the soldiers break and become as rabid wolves in the wilderness.

A new world is struggling to be born.

Where the war has not touched, farmers and shepherds are driven from their land 'for protection'. Taken into the cities where they must serve to survive, in the squalid dormitories and burgeoning textile mills. The generals of distant battles will pay their last groat for muskets rolled out of factories full of children. Away from the smoke and the stench the fine new homes of the freshly rich abut the hoary manses of complacent aristocracy and their owners lobby the queen for more privileges, to quieten the restive workers, to consider proposals to civilize their savage neighbours.

And in all of this - you. You who were left near dead; broken, alone, used up. You who cried out in anguish and your voice was the voice of everyone ground to gore in the jaws of Power.
And there, in the dark, something heard you. Something old. Something hungry. Something abiding by a thin place in the skin of the world, waiting.
And it asked you; wouldst thou wield my might, and yet more justly?
All you heard, in the depths of agony, was 'will you make them pay?'

Now is a time of monsters.

I've been gone awhile. Decided to come back.
No prior experience with dice is needed; this is a wholly custom system and setting. I am exceedingly patient and enjoy teaching... anything.
The less flowery version of the pitch is: you are a person in an Early Modern setting (think Thirty Years War) who has been driven to the brink by the excesses of the powerful and, in your moment of desperation, a Demon answered your prayers.
Now you have Power - a supernatrual power which is infectious and progressive, slowly making you into something other than human and altering the world around you.
Can you fight for a better world in which you may not belong?
How much will you give to the cause of liberation?
Will you, too, succumb to the corrosive influence of power?

I'm looking for five players max. I have a very detailed setting written up but I'm flexible and will make adjustments to suit good character concepts.
It is... not a little reading. I'm trying not to overwhelm here.
Again, experience level isn't a big factor, all I ask is enthusiasm, good vibes, and a little effort. I personally aim for concise, effective posts - you will rarely find me going over 500 words because I like to do a lot with a little so absolutely do not feel like you need to make long posts.
A pure and burning hate of unjust hierarchy welcome but not required.

I'll go into more detail about the world, etc., with enough interest or in answer to questions. I love questions.

Obviously this is going to deal with mature themes.

Last edited:
@Epiphany @Ariel @captain

Behold, LORE - and also rules.
Lore is accurate up to thirty-ish years ago, will provide more recent stuff soon.
Streamlined version:

All Attributes start at 1. You have 60 Attribute XP. Attributes are capped at 5
You can spend it according to the chart below.
LevelCost
10XP
23XP
36XP
49XP
512XP

All Skills start at 0. You have 60 SKill XP. Skills are capped at 6
You can spend it according to the below chart.
LevelCost
12XP
21XP
32XP
43XP
56XP
69XP
Note that Skills are general until level 3. From level 4 onward, choose a Focus - a particular area of the Skill where your character has put in extra practice. You can have multiple Foci, and the cost is the same every time you buy a new one.

Next, choose 3 Advantages. These are reflections of your background, education, and social role.
For your Familiarity, choose 3 Social Skills and a situation in which they are specially honed - for example, Courtly Manners or Forest Cults
For your Knowledge, choose 3 Mental Skills and a field of study or academic practice where they are particularly focused - for example, Doctoring or Theology
For your Training, choose EITHER 3 Physical Skills and a particular style of engagement (or disengagement) where they're most practiced - for example, Sniping or Brawling
OR choose a Martial Art that you qualify for and select the appropriate Techniques.

Finally, apply static values like Health, Condition, or other and calculate derived stats like the combat block according to the below list.

Defence
Defence: Dexterity + Defence
Parry: Defence + Parry Focus, etc
Evade: Defence + Evade Focus, etc
Block: Defence + Shield Focus, etc

Offence
Melee: Dexterity + Melee
Ranged: Intuition + Ranged
Unarmed: Dexterity + Unarmed

Speed: Fitness + Athletics
Initiative: Speed + Composure
Combat Pool: Speed + Dexterity