Aachen Rizen Compile - Kenno Matsuri [ In Character ]

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!

Ehb

Literal No One
Original poster
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Invitation Status
Posting Speed
  1. 1-3 posts per week
Writing Levels
  1. Intermediate
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Primarily Prefer Female
Genres
It's Easier to just Look at Below

Fieldset:
Aachen_Rizen_Banner_B_-_Copy.jpg

This is the In Character Thread for Kenno Matsuri.
[ (Initial Wave) Interest Thread ] - [ Out of Character / Signups ]

Previous Entries
[ Hymn of Origin ]

Fieldset:
[ Journal ] - [ Bestiary ] - [ Manual ]

Last edited:
[fieldbox= Yuan Liwei, #4dff4d, solid]
Yuan_Ico.jpg

[ Month of ???, ??? / ??? ]

The damned ghost was a Jiao swordsman? Oh, that made this all the better. Wrapping Rumiko's seal around the hilt of his sword, Yuan reconsidered his approach, breaking off his attack as several others landed successful strikes. He'd save the iaido for a surprise blow. Better to follow up and take advantage right now.

Anything else happening around him was immaterial. All that mattered was the fight.

"Let's have some fun, Jiao scum!" Yuan cackled, dashing forward with wodao drawn. "Face the last master of the Tianlong Style!"

[Yuan used Dragon Rush - LV 3]

[AUTOMATIC SUCCESS]

The bandit swordsman rushed the specter from the side, carving into it with several well-practiced, efficient strikes. A downwards flowed into a horizontal swing. Two diagonal slashes followed after in quick succession.

"That all you got?" Yuan taunted as he ducked to the ghost's flank with a smirk, charging back in.

[Yuan used Shining Fury - LV 1]

[SUCCESS]

Yuan barked with laughter as he swept the spirit up with a vertical cleave, following it up into the air and delivering a quick chain of furious slashes.

"Come on, come on, COME ON!" He roared, slamming his blade straight into the spirit and sending both of them crashing into the ground.

"I ain't done with you yet!" Yuan slammed a foot into the ghost before backflipping away.

[Yuan used Heaven's Rage - LV 1]

[SUCCESS]

The bandit charged forward once more. However, moments before he would have struck, the man vanished, leaving an afterimage behind.

cutin1.png

"Show me a good time!" Yuan howled, delivering a fierce slash from behind. Before the specter could even turn to react, the swordsman vanished once more, this time cutting through from the side. Again and again he struck, each time from a different angle of attack until finally, his wodao found itself impaled into the spirit's back. Yuan whirled around, slamming his foe off his blade with a roundhouse kick, catching his blade as it spun through the air.

"Get up!" He sneered, whirling his blade around until it rested on his shoulder. "I'm not done beating the superiority of the Tianlong school into you!"

@Ehb
@basically everyone
@PULL MY DEVIL TRIGGER
[/fieldbox]

Last edited:
[fieldbox=Kei Daidouji, #00ffff, solid]
Kei_Ico.jpg

Well. Now it was time for Kei to get his own set of blows in. The specter didn't look the worse for wear yet, but there was hardly time to observe. Rumiko and Tsubaki were hurt and Kei had no inclination to remain wherever this was. Kei pulled out a knife, and threw it at the specter. It landed at it's feet, and at first it looked like it had missed entirely...

[ Kei used Flame-Licked Knife Lv 3!]

[Auto Success!]

When the knife blasted fire in the direction of the ghost. While they had been distracted, Kei had wrapped his hands in the paper from Rumiko and dashed in under the ghost's guard. With his left arm he prepared and elbow strike while his open palm aimed at the ghost's chin...

[Kei used Guard Break level 1! ]

[Success!]

The hits landed simultaneously, and the ghost was knocked airborne. Kei held a hand over his eyes and watched it fly. He whistled, and prepared another knife. He threw at the ghost's head.

[Kei used Knife Throw level 1!]

[Failure!]

The knife went wide, but Kei shrugged and backed up next to Rumiko and Tsubaki.

"I guess that it would be too easy if she went down after all that, huh? Ghosts are dumb."

@Ehb @BustinBustinBustin
[/fieldbox]

Last edited:
[fieldbox=, white, Solid]

Just when the specter had expected everyone to be merely be idling and easy prey, the others acted, and began to attack the specter in turn. The animal, the whip user, the cursed she-hulk... They landed initial hits but fumbled trying to go any further. Still, the specter began to express worry - even if most of these fools were complete amateurs, the fact remained that they had them completely outnumbered.

None of them could defeat them in single combat. But with so many going up them all at once, the advantage remained with the group with gross numerical superiority. If the specter wanted to win, had to act now and take them down in turn!

But...
Out of nowhere the man in robes wielding a sword unleashed a brutal volley of attacks.
So brutal that the specter was taken by complete surprise. With tears and rips riddling their form. The strike done by the one with the knife merely was an insult. The spirit was thrown back. Whittled down, they struggled to stand, before the torn up form of 'Tsubaha' fell to their knees. They started to exude a dark aura that dissipated out of their body.

"....heheh. I did it."

They smiled bitterly at their own defeat.

"Tianglong school you say?"
"Don't get so full of yourself. A victory from ganging up one someone is hardly an achievement... Disgusting."

[ Victory! - The Spectre Possessing the Blade is Vanquished! ]

Finishing their bitter farewell, the ghost dissipated into the air.
But they left behind something in their wake.The blade they possessed as well as something else. But it didn't matter now. Everyone would be able to leave now... and...!

The group looked at each other. They had been anticipating the dream, or rather, this nightmare to come to an end.
But, that did not happen.

Instead, before them, collapsed on the ground where the Spectre who took Tsubaha's form was a girl with long silver hair. She wore this distinct white jacket. Was that the true form of the ghost then?

She stirred.
Pushing herself up off the ground, she looked up to the people, anxiously standing in some sort of battle formation before her.
One would think that this was the true form of the Spectre that attacked them. However, something was missing from before. That dark and foreboding aura that was exuded from that was gone. Even in their dreamlike state, they could feel it: 'this' person felt different.

While the others were trying to take stock of this new appearance, she girl seemed to take notice of the blade laid out before her. The one that the specter had taken possession of - and left behind after being vanquished.
Everyone immediately tensed up, when they saw her reach out to it.

"This is... Anzai's..."
"Why is it here...?"

She looked over the sword. Seeming to not pay much heed to the people before her.

Looking at each other, disappointingly at how they seemed to have yet to break out of this nightmare... the group wondered what exactly was going on. Regardless, it felt like the girl before them was key in escaping. Did that require defeating this specter as well?

The specter they defeated before had taken the form of Tsubaha before. Someone they had seen before. But, this person was someone they didn't recognize at all. But, they recognized the sword the specter had taken possession of from the shortie. Did that mean this girl was connected to Tsubaha somehow?

They remained a little cautious. The girl despite her seeming fixation on the blade, did indeed see them when she awoke. And this form was armed too. A long Ikkikari Styled Dai-blade was sheathed at her side.

Again, the choice was theirs on how to proceed.Maybe they just had to vanquish one more being in this place to leave. Or maybe she would be able to reveal the key to leaving without needing violence.

[ Approach the Mysterious Person! ]

@Psyker Landshark
@_Everyone
[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox= Saburo, #FF00FF, solid]

Saburo_Ico.jpg

The group continued their assualt upon the spectre. Yuan specifically seemed to unleash a flurry of attacks that finished off the foe. Though Kei's knife didn't hurt to add insult to injury.

As the ghost began to vanish. Saburo grinned. This was it, they would be getting out of this creepy place. Closing his eyes, he clenched his fist in victory. "Suck it ne-neth-nethai- Ghost World!"

He opened his eyes again. His eyes focusing on his surroundings again. Still the crushingly ominous atmosphere of the realm they found themselves in. Alright, maybe it just took a second to transition. He closed his eyes again, and....

They were still in the Neithare.

Why were they still in the Neithare!?!

Swallowing down the panic forming within him. It was at this point that Saburo noticed the sliver haired girl lying on the ground. Another form of the ghost? Did this mean they would have to fight again!? The girl began to awake. Saburo began to hold his safety rock tighter. But as the initial panic began to fade away. Saburo found his guts not churning as much as they were before.

Yes, given a second to think about it. She didn't seem as scary as....Tsubaha. Indeed! Even if this was the past spirit now wearing a new form. It no longer held the face of someone who had only brought misfortune for him. Did that mean that even a spirit only pretending to be the eyebrows still gave off that chilling aura. He would have to put more thought into this later.

But this girl, who Saburo had now noticed had a insurably pointy sword, had to be dealt with. She seem fixated on the sword for now. Good for her, and good for them! It at least meant she hadn't immeditally decided to try and stick it through them.

Oh! Maybe she was the gatekeeper back to the real world. They were characters like that in books he had read. The party had already defeated the evil spirit! Now it was for the passage keeper. Though in most of those books the gatekeeper required a tribute or to pass a riddle. He had nothing on him and he hated riddles. But it was better then combat!

Once again, he nudged himself into the open.

"H-hello, ghost...lady. Nice, er,...hair you have?" He quietly kicked his safety rock. "You wouldn't happen to know...how to get out of this place. The, um, N-Neithare, I mean. It-it be great if you did! Cause we could really use your help!"[/fieldbox]

@Ehb

[Fieldbox= Rumiko Mitsurugi, #b30000, solid]
Rumiko_Ico.jpg

Looking around as the specter finally fail, Rumiko was thankful for this, she finally had a chance to rest a little, to take stock of what to do next... Or so she had hoped, in place nothing had happened.. While the Specter had left something behind, it had also left it's self behind. Or rather who it once was.

Looking at the Pirate Lord with scoff an unsettling thought entered her mind..Why had she tried killing him to begin with?

He eyes widening in shock the Miko had came to her own conclusion on what had happened here and just what, or rather who this was. Walking forward and taking a light bow the Priestess introduces herself. "I am Rumiko Mitsurugi of the Kousen Sect...you are.. Tsubaha are you not Or at least of the Ikkikari Family?"

Looking at the blade, there was no way the girl didn't know she was already dead and it seemed she had a family connection to the Current Tsubaha. "O'Ancestral Spirit of this realm, that blade is currently be carried by another of your traditions and perhaps family.. As a Priestess I am..shamed to admit, our two nations have fallen to chaos as trails and hardship rip at our lands. We few..well..some of us are trying to live up to your standards of guardianship.. I am Sorry to say, the great graveyard among many with the local shrine has been desecrated, and left to evil influences.. We defeated such, and I promise to see this area purified in due time."

Clasping her hand in prayer, the Miko trusts her decision on this front, though it could go badly, the miko had some idea what was going on at least. "Do you have any message for this world or anyone within it? . We must return to our battles, will you give us a blessings or allow me to bless you?"

@Ehb [/Fieldbox]

Last edited:
[fieldbox= Runara & Tsubaki - Worn Down Shrine, #ffa64d, solid]
Runara_Ico.jpg
Tsubaki_Ico.jpg

"TSUBAKIIIIIII!!!!" Runara ran towards Tsubaki and immediately gave her a tight hug.

Certainly this makes it like that sort of reunion scene. With Runara hugging Tsubaki like she lost her forever. Even though it's been like, just a day of being missing.

"I'm really really really really REALLY sorry that I brought you into this mess!" She said regretfully, her tail wagging back and forth... Of course, it was Runara's lack of awareness when it comes to people if that certain people is charming that got them into all of this...

"Please forgive meeeeeheeheeeeeeee...." Runara was on the verge of crying. You know... Maybe Runara is a little bit overdramatic about this...

Tsubaki heard a familiar voice screaming her name, prompting her to turn towards the direction of the voice. Before she could complete her actions, Runara already crashed into her with the speed and weight of a large arrow deployed from a ballista. The Hanejima noble lets out a surprised cry, and slipped as she was caught off guard.

Then Runara started to apologize profusely to Tsubaki that she has dragged her into a deathly battle royale, and even sounded that she was on the verge of crying. As for the noble, she was visibly suffocated.

"L-let me go! You're squeezing me off!"

Once Tsubaki managed to stand up, her narrowed emerald eyes stared at Runara, contemplating on what she should do. She felt conflicted, as reprimanding on the Doven's reckless action does nothing but making her feel even more sad. However, Tsubaki was not inclined on letting this slide too.

After a deep breath and a sigh, the noble looked at her employer with a conflicted expression.

"I... don't know whether I should scold you or... pat you on the head and say 'Everything will be fine', Goshujin-sama."

Tsubaki tilted her head to one side.

"It feels pointless to scold you for what just happened, but I'm don't feel like I'm letting you off that easily either..."

Runara kept on hugging and repeatedly say "I'm sorry." even though Tsubaki tried to get off.

Eventually, Runara let her go. Looking down at the floor regretfully, sitting in a Seiza position, her body slumped downwards. Prepared for whatever scolding that Tsubaki would deliver to her.

Hearing Tsubaki's next words, Runara looked up to look at Tsubaki directly.

"Does that mean you'll forgive---" Her voice rises in a bright manner immediately.

And then the next sentence where Tsubaki wouldn't let Runara off easily...

"... Me...?" She lowered her voice again, expressing confusion on what Tsubaki said and concern about... whatever punishment Tsubaki had in tow for her.

Tsubaki sighed when she looked at her employer who was kneeling on the ground, regretfully.

"Goshujin-sama..." The noble remained conflicted. "Please stand up. You're making this hard."

Then Tsubaki assumed an authoritative pose by placing her hands on her hip as another sigh escaped from her mouth. She was trying to think out what kind of lesson or punishment should be given to Runara. Moments later, the noble raised her head and turned to her employer once more.

"Goshujin-sama, have you heard of the phrase 'taking responsibility'?" Tsubaki mischievously smiled. "Considering that you have placed us in this predicament, don't you think you should do something with it?"

Her tone of speech becomes more sinister than her usual servile self. "It's just natural for a person to clean after their own mess, right...?"

Runara stood up, having slight hope that Tsubaki would let her go off easily... But at the same time, she's worried of whatever punishment Tsubaki had in mind.

"Respon...si...bility?" She tilted her head, of course she knew what the phrase means. But with the way she put it, it's just hard to tell with Tsubaki.

"Oh! Well, duh...?" Obviously Runara had to do something about this, she's the one guilty of putting Tsubaki into this trouble. But Tsubaki's roundabout and mischievous way of telling it just felt... sinister.

"Oh come on Tsubaki! Just be straight already." She raised her voice, seemingly had enough of Tsubaki pressuring her with this. Crossing her arms and looking away, though she still kept her feeling of guilt, as she still had her body slumped downwards and looking down.

Tsubaki was startled when Runara raised her voice at the end. The noble gestured her hands, attempting to calm her employer. After realizing that she may have gone too far with her antics, Tsubaki reverted to her usual expression.

"My apologies, Goshujin-sama. I may have overdid it..." She apologized, before continuing on.

"What I was hinting just now is that..."

"Can we make a promise that we will see through this, together?" Tsubaki gave a straight answer. "This is the Festival of Swords, after all."

"Uuu..." Runara still looked upset that Tsubaki had toyed around with her. She slowly turned her head to Tsubaki.

"Look, I am responsible for getting us into this trouble in the first place, silly Tsubaki." She said, pouting at Tsubaki. While her servant had just toyed around with her, she does have a point in that Runara should make it right by making sure they go through this predicament and escape alive and in one piece.

"You should just be straight from the first place." She straightened herself up. Putting her hand on Tsubaki's shoulder. "It's a promise, between employer and the ser--- no..."

"As friends... We're going to survive this Festival of Sword thing, with my dance, and your swift and effective sword style! We're unstoppable!" Runara's tone turned to a cheery one, one that would be confident that this promise can be fulfilled if one believed they can.

Tsubaki smiled at her employer as she replied in a cheesy, but cheerful way. Perhaps things will turn out for the better as long they stick together. Deep inside her however, she remained pessimistic. Should the inevitable arrives at their doorstep, the noble will try her best to ensure that it will be her own life, rather than Runara's. That is the least she can do, in order to atone for her grave sin and the favors she owed to Runara.

"Friends eh...?" Tsubaki replied, while smiling at Runara. "I like that tone. But I must say that I may not be worthy of that calling."

With that, marks the beginning of their journey. For Runara, maybe for... lovers. As for Tsubaki, she seeks to exonerate herself from her own guilt, and a path towards rediscovery. Perhaps she can be a good blacksmith?

"And yes Goshujin-sama, you're now... forgiven."

[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox= Tsubaki Hanejima, lightgreen, solid]
Tsubaki_Ico.jpg

Although the spectre gained an upper hand on Tsubaki, the battle was soon ended with a landslide as the others, including Runara finally caught up and landed their attacks. The noble stood down as the others finished off their opponent. Tsubaki patiently waited as the spectre dissipated...

... Only to see a girl with a long silver hair in its place. The noble frowned as she analyzed the last words left by the apparition. So it was not over and somehow the spectre did another trick to them?

Tsubaki merely looked at the girl in a cautious pose, her hands on her weapon, ready to be drawn in a moment's notice. But when the ghostly girl mentioned the name Anzai, the noble's eyes went wide.

"Anzai?" She said out loud to herself. "Anzai... Ikkikari?"

Tsubaki began to piece the puzzles. So the Dai-Blade that was been possessed just now was related to the late Anzai Ikkikari? Or was it the blade was once belonged to him? The noble turned to the side, trying to process the sudden revelation that she has discovered. According to the tales passed down by the elders, the Pilgrimage to the Demon Crown Mountain led by Cirika Ikkikari was ended tragically due to inner betrayal. Anzai joined the Pilgrimage, as well.

"Don't tell me... That girl is..."

Tsubaki turned to the armed girl with Dai-Blades, with a surprised expression.

"Excuse me..." She began to call out at the silver-haired girl. "Are you..."

The noble stammered. After mustering some courage, she continued on.

"... Are you Cirika Ikkikari?"

@Ehb
@LowDefinition
[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox=Runara Blazeheart, #ffa64d, solid]

Runara_Ico.jpg

Shortly after, everyone made a short work of the spectre. The spectre dissipates and... Everyone is still in Neithare? Wait, didn't beating that evil being should've done the deed? No? Okay, no need to panic Runara. There must be another way out of this damn place.

Well, now with that evil being gone, there's another 'maybe' ghost. A girl with long silver hair and a distinct white jacket. Maybe this girl is the gatekeeper to the real world? Saburo approached the ghost, making a rather awkward approach. And then the hulk priestess, approaching the ghost as if she's Tsubaha's elder and with respect.

Runara turned to Tsubaki, about to ask if she recognize the ghost and she recognized the name that the ghost mentioned... Before directly asking the ghost if she goes by the name of Cirika Ikkikari.

"Ikkikari...?" Runara tilted her head, the name sounded familiar yet not familiar at the same time. But if her memory didn't fail her, that certain name was a ruling clan from Tousawa...

"Why would a Tousawa ruler be haunting this place...?" Runara asked, weren't they at a Shang forest? "Wait no... Is our current place in the living realm irrelevant in regards of this Neithare realm...?" She asked another question, to none in particular, questioning the nature of the realm of darkness itself.

@Ehb
@Miya
@_KWESTINSTIMEANDLETUSOUTDAMNIT

[/fieldbox]

Kei_Ico.jpg

Well, the possessed sword was gone. Unfortunately.... they were all still in the world of the dead. The ghost just looked sad. Kei was way too tired from his wasted effort. Still, he managed to launch the ghost and beat it up some. Worth it.

So, according to some of the others this was Cirika Ikkairi? Kei squinted his eyes, tried to focus on her... and yeah he still couldn't see it. "Hey, Miko. I thought you said we don't negotiate with ghosts? But whatever. If you guys say we negotiate we negotiate. She does anything remotely stabby though... I still have my hands wrapped in the paper. Just remember that."

He had things to do. He didn't really want to stick around in the land of the dead any longer than he had to. Especially if he was talking with some other dead chick who had previously just tried to kill them all. Kei wasn't particularly fond of people who had tried to kill him.

Also this was getting creepy. Plus, what about what Tsubaha was doing? Or their bodies? What if the other Tsu.... uh.. Tsuxaha struck? Would they be here for keeps? Kei really didn't want to ponder any of those questions. All the questions' answers were probably more than likely things he and the others didn't want to hear.

"Come on I don't care who this is, I only care about getting out of here as soon as possible. The sooner we leave the sooner we don't have to ask questions we don't want to know the answer to... Runara."

@RedArmyShogun @LowDefinition @BustinBustinBustin
[/fieldbox]

[ Month of ???, ??? / Village of Memory - Haschou, Village Plaza ]

The girl got up, and listened to the words the party had to say. She seemed to listen patiently.
Anyone would've thought that the load that Rumiko had dumped off after getting the girl would evoke some kind of noticeable reaction.

"...The Kousen Sect, huh?" The girl began. Inexpicably sheathing the blade she was inspecting.. "...I suppose you're all travelers then. I've never heard of it before though. If an 'Ancestral Spirit' is your way of saying the Villages' 'Ruling House', then yes. This is Tousawa. Ruled by the governing house of the Ikkikari Clan. I'm of that clan as well."

Going further, the girl continued.

"If I'm understanding you correctly, you're traveling traders, then?"

The Ikkikari girl seemed to misunderstand Rumiko's words completely.
But, from the sounds of it, if she was of a Ruling Family, then that probably made her a noble of some sort.
Tsubaki however, could already take a guess at exactly who this person before them was.

"Excuse me..."

The girl with a blade hesitated for a moment. Stammering even.

"...are you Cirika Ikkikari?"

The girl nodded.

"Yes."

"I'm flattered that someone from the outside would already know my name. May I ask who you are? Or maybe, I guess I'm getting interested in where exactly all of you came from so suddenly."

"Not to sound rude, but, I'm a little surprised to see visitors at this time of year. You see, the Month of Frost oncoming. Once the onset of cold happens, it becomes very hard to leave the valley."

"So... most traders have already left so as not to get snow-locked. You all were not aware of that, were you not?"

Something more peculiar had become apparent as well. It was only now that everyone was able to realize it.
A village, it was very rural compared to Jiaojing. It also had a much more different feel as well. But, most worryingly was that it was very... alive. Townsfolk in clothes, different from the ones worn in Shang were walking about. Those familiar with it could recognize it - the clothing worn by Tousawa Migrants.

They were going about their daily routines, delivering goods around town, wives cooking and cleaning, and townsfolk gossiping in a murmur that could not be deciphered from the background noise.

Another world seemed to impose itself onto this void. The very town that this spirit once lived in.
In the real world, the town of Haschou was buried under a mountain of ash. But, here it was. Presented to the party vividly, a town that no longer existed - and a girl who was long dead. What sort of play had the fallen into?

Their logic was telling them that the should've been weary an afraid of what was happening. But, their own feelings did not exude that same sentiment. Unlike the spirit that had taken Tsubaha's form, there wasn't any malevolent feelings coming from any of this.

"Why would a Tousawa ruler be haunting this place...?"
Wait no... Is our current place in the living realm irrelevant in regards of this Neithare realm...?"

"Hey, Miko. I thought you said we don't negotiate with ghosts? But whatever. If you guys say we negotiate we negotiate. She does anything remotely stabby though... I still have my hands wrapped in the paper. Just remember that."
"Come on I don't care who this is, I only care about getting out of here as soon as possible. The sooner we leave the sooner we don't have to ask questions we don't want to know the answer to... Runara."

"...I can hear you you know."
"I've never heard of our lands being called a 'Neithare' before. Wherever you're all going it's going to be roughly a couple of weeks before you make it out of the valley on foot. But our Wind Force Users feel that first snows will come much sooner than that."

"It wouldn't be in good taste to send you all off on such a journey in such a state. I know of someone who has done some extensive traveling. Maybe he can help you out with where you want to go?"

Mentally, everyone weight down a similar line of thought.
This place was still definitely in the realm of the dead. The Neithare. The girl, Cirika, was probably a part of that.
Since she seemed familiar with it, it seemed like they'd been placed into a projection of the memories of her home. Leading to this setup of them being travelers from a far off land, unwittingly visiting of this phantom location.

For now... maybe it was best to go along with the charade?

This town must've been carefully constructed from the memories of this girl as she remembered it.
Even now, they could feel some of their thoughts being infected. Looking here, they recognized the home belonging to the Otachi Nobles. Underneath the wooden bridge over the stream, the children hide underneath the best secret base in town during the heat of Harvest Season.

In the distance, an ominous mountain loomed in the center of the valley. Indeed, Demon Crown Mountain was certainly named after exactly the way it looked.... before it erupted.

They had to be careful not to get stuck here. They still had to get back to their bodies.
The 'Easy' way to do it was to maybe defeat her, just like they did the previous spirit.

But, there was this pressure.
There was this genuine pressure that emanated from this girl. Her stoic expression possessed a set of eyes that were acutely aware of what was ahead of her. Regardless, she held out her hand and motioned into town. She was ready to assist these 'travelers' just as ready as she was to cut them down at a moments notice.

"...I would be happy to ask Lord Moriya on your behalf to help you out. He would know fully whether you'll be able to make it out of the valley before first snow or not."

@RedArmyShogun
@Miya
@_Everyone
[/fieldbox]

Rumiko_Ico.jpg

Listening to the ghost or spirit's explanation the Miko had an idea of where they were.. And this was a fact she could not share with the others.. Either way they had a purpose to fulfill, in order to leave this world. While they could just kill this girl it might be troublesome. It was possible this was an ancestral Realm or something in connection with the Spirits, it was also equally possible this girl was revenant.. Either way such a strong presence had to have some purpose in showing them this and offered information of a traveler. If it was a trick, they would have to kill her... Well kill her again.

Turning her attention to Kei the Miko shakes her head side to side, saying no with her body language, before speaking in a soft tone that he and maybe some of the others nearby would hear. While she had no control of what they would do, she would at least make her case for most of them to hear.

"Yes, normally I would not. But I am afraid this is no simple ghost.. It may be an actual spirit.. All I can say this place may not be what you assume. And she will likely only take our words as she wishes. By finishing the task of this Lord we may be able to purify the greater region or gain some holy favor... Let's play along for now. For what it's worth the passage of time in here is not as fast as out there...normally, but we best not overstay.. If we fight her, be ready for a challenge.."

Scratching the back of her head the Miko sighs, speaking up for their guide to hear. Following along this did seem more like a living area than the lonely prison of the damned.. "Ikkirari-san, please take us to your Lord, I am keen to meet your Master and this Traveler you spoke of.. Would you happen to know if he or she is a Merchant or a Sect follower? I do not see many traveling the roads of late.."

Speaking to the girl as if she were a living being or one of the Spirits might produce a better result than trying to convince her she was dead... Either way this realm was a strange one. So for now the Miko would play along and hope time on the outside had slowed as it typically did.

@Ehb @Karyra

[/fieldbox]

Saburo_Ico.jpg

A name.

"Who?"

A place.

"Where?"

A thing.

"...What?"

This was going way too fast for him. It didn't help that the others seemed to be getting a clue on this whole situation. It seemed to be a whole Tousawa club going on here. Still, Cirika Ikkikari. He at least knew that was one of those clans. Or, was. His eyes raised to the forboding mountain in the distance.

Demon crown mountain. It was breath taking to see it in person. Even if none of this was real. He couldn't help but be fascinated by a time long passed.

Cirika announced to the group that she would ask for help. At least she seemed nice, even if the help would most likely end up useless. As he doubted this 'Moriya' would be another spirit. At least he hoped not. That would just add more things to go wrong.

So, she must be the source of all this. Past memories and all. Doesn't realise that she's been dead for a long while. Which is why all of this was materialising. So if they made her realise, she could send them back. Gods, how were they supposed to do that!?

Huddling closer to the people who existed in reality. He listened as Miko suggested just going along with it. Her whole purifying and holy favour nonsense was beyond him. But he was glad to have a priestess in the company. Saburo was unsure if there was any unspoken rules when dealing with this. He couldn't say he read up on Neithare 101. Not that he could even think straight right now. He was understanding things he certainly had no buisness to know. He had no idea who the Otachi's were a minute ago!

Shuffling even closer to Kei and the others while Miko began to talk to the spirit. Saburo coughed quietly. "S-So, um. Kei. You wanna...like...break it to her. About, er, being dead?" Saburo stared at the ground. Talking in a hushed manner. "I think, you, um, might be able to put it more gently." He coughed once again, as if this his idea of ending his quiet message.

"Hohoho~" Saburo chuckled loudly, after Miko had done talking. "We appreciate the offer....Cir...ik-ah. T-though...I have to a-ask. What...were you doing before we found you, um, passed out? Do you know what caused that?" Well, they knew what she was doing. Not existing. But, perhaps he could try to niggle her into some sort of self realisation....

@Ehb
@Karyra
@Everyone![/fieldbox]

[fieldbox= Yuan Liwei, #4dff4d, solid]
Yuan_Ico.jpg

In truth, he couldn't give a crap about why or how they were here. Or about who this girl was. Some dead Tousawa princess from ages past. Great, whatever. Yuan paid most of his attention to Rumiko at this point, given that she was pretty much the only one who knew what she was talking about in this situation, being a priestess and all.

A challenge? Well, a fight like that would be his first inclination, but the others likely wouldn't take it so well. A shame. This girl actually had a dangerous presence about her. Something he'd like to cultivate one day, if he could figure out how to. Or perhaps it was just unconscious. Musings for later. Getting out of this freaking spirit realm thing took first priority. After facing the last specter and decimating it, his blood was up and roaring for more.

"Fine, Rumiko, we'll play this your way." He sighed, clearly looking disappointed as he turned to Cirika. "Look, as long as we can get the hell out of this valley as soon as possible, I'll play along. Got people to fight. What happens if your Lord Moriya thinks we can't make it out in time? He gonna stop us if we decide to take our chances?"

@Ehb
@RedArmyShogun
@squad
[/fieldbox]

The sizeable woman spoke - getting straight to business, and after the young man with violet hair followed after...

"The lord of the village has other matters to attend to I'm afraid. But, Lord Moriya should be available at least. He's settled down already in expectation of the coming Frost."

But his haphazard words where delivered ineffectually. For that reason it seemed just natural to respond to the man with a blade.
In fact, his demeanor and reasoning demanded attention. He wanted to leave the valley to get into a fight? It seemed important too, at least to him.

But, to answer his question....

"Well, we won't stop you if it comes to that. But, all things considered, I belive it's worth hearing what somone as well traveled as Lord Moriya would have to say."

Cirika motioned to them, and began to lead them onward further into town...

Walking on the travelers were able to get closer view to the goings on. There was an abundance cut wood being hauled around, presumably firewood stocked for the upcoming winter. People were indeed dressed warmly for the season, though the band themselves couldn't feel such sensations.

But, among all of these details, there was one, striking, and unmistakable thing that they noticed about the villagers.
Their faces.
A blank void was all that made up each individual's face, aside from Cirika's.
The greeted Cirika and the travelers as they passed by all the same. Voiceless greetings, and saying things that only Cirika seemed to be able to hear.

Yes, something was a afoot here.

[ Month of ???, ??? / Village of Memory - Haschou, Moriya Manor ]

The face of Lord Moriya was also a blank. But, looking at his attire he was most certainly of nobility. The lady of the house seemed to instruct her servants to prepare something for their sudden guests. Looking around the manor it was apparent that Lord Moriya was a traveler indeed. There were all sorts of exotic looking trinkets scattered about. Some amazingly foreign things made of odd materials.

Lord Moriya also seemed to have some sort of fascination with pillows. As there was a whole pile of them in a heap as tall as Saburo in one odd corner.

"....Lord Moriya."
"No, it isn't about Lady Kiri. But, these travelers are asking for some advice...."

Greeting the Lord, Cirika explained the traveler's situation to him.
He presumably said something, as he shook his head dismissively.

"...I see. So that's how it is."
Cirika turned back to the travelers. Who... seemed rather lost. At least, she got that feeling from them. "According to him, presuming you travel quickly, you can make it out of the valley in time before the Frost becomes an issue for you... But, that's not the real problem, though."

Cirika walked over to a wall. On it was a wolf pelt. But... it wasn't an ordinary wolf pelt. It was large... very large. One could imagine that the beast it came from could've been ridden around like an ox.

"Traveling here, I'd imagine that you've seen some of the wolves that wander in packs around the valley. Prey is hard to come by in this valley. Given how the land has been barren for as long as I can remember. Some of the hunting animals became so desperate that they began to hunt anything that moves, including people and even their own kind. These wolves are larger and more daring in their attacks than their normal, smaller brethren."

"Right now, there's a pack reportedly stalking around the outskirts of town. They're smart enough to stay beyond the reach of the towers - rather, they prey on people who wander outside of town."

Larger than normal wolves, then.
There was no way that this ghost was able to recreate those monsters in this world too, could she?
Would they even be dangerous though? If everything in this world lacked a face?

Lord Moriya brought attention to a helmet that was sitting nearby. it looked like it has been smashed into a hard rock or the like. But, there were clear scratches that looked like rows of teethe has been gnawing around other parts of it. Moriya seemed to be trying to explain something... but again, they couldn't hear a thing.

Cirika repeated it for him.

"Lord Moriya was saying that the lord of the village plans to dispatch the Archers to clear them out. But, even then, by the time that's done it's likely that Frost will settle in. As an experienced traveler, he says, it would be best to wait it out until the next spring arrives, unless you're prepared to deal with a very tough journey."

"I'm sorry.... I'm pretty sure that wasn't what you wanted to hear."

So their only choice was to just 'walk' out of the town.
...What would happen then?

As they pondered this, the lady of the house motioned to Cirika, biding her to an adjacent room.

"Oh, I'll be just a moment."

The moment Cirika rounded that doorway... they felt it.
That fleeting feeling... that worrisome feeling.
They were drifting, wandering...
Their very existence was waning and wafting away...

Mercifully. Cirika returned in just a moment as she said.
Everything returned to normal. At least... normal in that they weren't having their existence torn apart from them.

So that was it.
The 'Spirit' of the possessed blade, the one that possessed Cirika... and now Cirika herself, was what was anchoring them into this realm, this phantasmagorical place in the Neithare. But, running away... it didn't feel right. Her leaving them for that moment didn't feel like they were being let go of the dream... rather, it felt like they were being adsorbed... dissolved into it.

That didn't feel like the solution to getting out.

"Everyone, if you wouldn't mind hearing me out, one more time."

"Right now, it's too dangerous for anyone to head out of town due to the Berserk Fangs. It'd take time for the Archers to organize to hunt those beasts down. By the time they can rid them from these lands, anyone trying to get out of the valley will get caught by the Frost."

"But, you said that you were looking to fight someone, right? And I'd take it that you're all strong, right?"

Ah.
It was clear where she was going with this.
'Hunt Down the Beasts and you can leave.'
But that was hypocritical. didn't she say that she'd let them go if they wanted to.

The bargaining chip was presented just before anyone could voice that. A rolled up scroll, as well as another smaller scroll, that had some sort of official seal on it.

"Lord Moriya... because he's a free-trader he has a special permit to use the crossing that are otherwise controlled by the other valley tribes. Regular travelers leaving this village would otherwise have to snake around the river to exit the valley. But taking this route, and using the permit to use that crossing, one can turn a two week trip into just a couple of days."

"If you can bring us the head of the alpha, then we'd be happy to supply you with a map, and Lord Moriya would be pleased to let you have that permit. Allowing you to cross those fords unimpeded."

Cirika put her hand up to her chest.

"I'm not making this offer just to send you off to your deaths. I'll accompany you on the hunt as well. As the next head of the village, It's my responsibility to make sure everyone is safe. But, I would be honored to have the assistance of capable fighters."

While they couldn't hear the faceless inhabitants and lord of the manor, one could easily see their surprise and disbelief at Cirika's proposition.

But, how did they feel about such an offer? Would that accept?

@RedArmyShogun
@Psyker Landshark
@_Everyone
[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox= Tsubaki Hanejima, lightgreen, solid]
Tsubaki_Ico.jpg

Tsubaki was right. The girl was Cirika Ikkikari. As she tried to wrap her head around the situation, she also realized the realm has transformed into Haschou. The situation seemed to have progressed even further, considering that everyone may have probably trapped into a realm within the realm of the dead. As it was fascinating to see Haschou in its former glory, Tsubaki cannot help but dread in the situation.

But that did not stop the following thought however...

("Maybe I can catch a glimpse of Anzai...")

The noble merely listened, until Cirika mentioned about bringing the group to Lord Moriya. Her eyebrows narrowed. Through folk tales, Lord Moriya's daughter was the one who led the betrayal to Cirika, starting a chain of events that eventually made them residing at the Fujian Plains. However, the tales were spread within the common folks, with no real evidence. Then again it could be lost...

With Rumiko and Yuan agreed to the spirit's bidding, Cirika led them to Moriya's Manor. However, it was soon obvious that the world that was projected upon them had obvious flaws. The villagers' faces were replaced with an eerie blank void, and only Cirika can hear what they are saying, as she did what it seems like one-sided greetings to them.

The Moriya Manor was lavishly decorated, with gold and treasuries laid around. No wonder the folk tales described the daughter of Lord Moriya as a sloth. Then again, Tsubaki herself was a noble too, and she was not a slouch by chance. Unfortunately Lord Moriya's face was replaced with a void as well, leaving the spirit Cirika as their translator, or rather, at her mercy?

Then Tsubaki heard the name Kiri. I guess that was the hated sloth Lady Moriya then. Once again, the noble merely listened as Cirika explained the real issue that prevented them from leaving: wolves that are about the size of an ox are preying at the outskirts of the valley. But why is that even considered a wolf to begin with?

When Cirika left the room for a moment, it soon became obvious. There is no way of getting out of the ghostly valley. Not without that spirit around them, as if she was their anchor to this ghostly realm.

And then comes the task to leave the Tousawa Valley in one soul - bring the head of the alpha Berserk Fangs. Of course, Cirika will escort the group in their hunt, should they agree. At this point, it seemed like the only way to go through this is to agree with Cirika's request. Then again, Tsubaki is not the type that does well in thinking out of the box for situations like these.

"I'll go with your request, Ojousama, if my group members decide to do the same."

Tsubaki formally replied to Cirika. Although she did not introduce herself, perhaps it was better to leave it that way.

@Ehb[/fieldbox]

Last edited:
Kei_Ico.jpg

"...I can hear you you know."

"... And I don't care if you can or not. If I didn't want you to hear, I would have said it more quietly." Kei replied to the ghost. This wasn't some famous figure. It was an out of control spectre that trapped them in this place. He'd rather kill it and move on to getting his bell back and then some. However, a glance at the Miko made the plan of action from her rather clear. "Fine, but doesn't mean I have to like this plan."

So, they'd pretend they were traders and follow along in this charade. Kei didn't like it, but it seemed like more people were on board with that plan as opposed to simply sitting by.

"S-So, um. Kei. You wanna...like...break it to her. About, er, being dead?"
Saburo quietly whispered. "I think, you, um, might be able to put it more gently."

Kei slowly shook his head in response to Saburo. The sign seemed to say, 'no, not right now.'

No. He really did not. In fact, he'd rather not anger the ghost again because of the fact that the ghost was Cirika. Also because they were still in bizzaro land and the fact that defeating it for the first time proved so... well pointless really.

Even walking through the town was strange, as nobody had any faces. Not even the Lord they were meeting with now. Kei let his knife dance on his knuckles, flipping it back and forth quickly in order to ease the anxiety of being here. It was all fake, some kind of dream, but that didn't stop the anxiety crawling in his stomach to settle any.

As soon as Cirika left... Kei could feel himself drifting. Further into the dream? Out of his body? Out of this place? He wasn't sure but he knew he didn't like the feeling in the least. Cirika and him would be attached at the hip if he could manage it. Whatever that feeling was, it made his cell seem like a safe haven.

"Might as well agree. It's not like we all have much of a choice. Lingering here would only have our goods sit in wagons for far too long, and I want to get going as soon as possible. Never liked the look to that demon mountain or whatever you all call it."
Kei said. Anyone looking at him could see how restless he was. Also how irritatingly fidgety and uncomfortable as well. Being around nobles... how could they trust any of them to keep their word. At the first chance he got...

Cirika would be told that she was long since dead.

@LowDefinition @RedArmyShogun @everyone
[/fieldbox]

Rumiko_Ico.jpg

No, this was not an ancestral land, just the last grasps of a human soul, so desperate to finish her task that she had corrupted the region.. Given the City this seemed to be, the named people and the girl herself, Rumiko had at least some recollection of who she was.. To have forgotten so easily..

As they were lead on without incident, the Ghost seemed to ignore the off handed remarks, Rumiko had way earlier made remarks on her being dead directly, and many others skirting, but she just ignored it and continued onwards. Leading them into a rather magnificent palace, even the people here and the lord were faceless. Smiling the whole time in this charade, mention of a crossing and the Traveler suddenly made a bit more sense, rather this being be it or not, perhaps he was a ferryman of the damned, he could very well carry them back to the living. Either way that woman's disappearance seemed to be all the confirmation they needed on who or what she was.

Defeating the Specter had brought her sorrow to a more concrete form, did she really regret not being able to save her homeland or stopping those wolves? Just who was she in life and in death? As questions were met with more questions, debating the nature of these faceless beings, it was clear this was the disturbance of the region and with all she had seen it became more and more clear.

An Exorcism was needed. Either by fulfilling Cirika's wishes and putting the spirit to ease, or defeating her yet again and smashing that sword into dust before they vanished. Though maybe she was also a prisoner here.. They could not terry here, but they

Given the options, killing a bunch of wolves was likely the more sensible option.

"Hmm.. I very well cannot leave the roads overran with such terrible beasts.. We must let the spirits rest peacefully, no?"

The Miko could only base her choice off of what was seen so far and though it left her with only more questions, killing these wolves might be the best way to settle it. Either way by this point, killing her may take them who knows there, while the Miko believed she could walk away from it, the others..well..

"If there are no objections, I would like to head out at once, so the Lord might rest peacefully, that Ferryman would be of the upmost use of us if we are granted passage.."

@Ehb @others @All @JesusRaptorSaveUsFromOurSinsAmen
[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox=Runara Blazeheart, #ffa64d, solid]

Runara_Ico.jpg

[ Month of ???, Village of Memory - Haschou, Village Plaza ]

Kei wasn't too keen on knowing about the Neithare realm, of course anyone would rather not know about the realm of the dead... But Runara thought that maybe they should know more since they're already here. Might as well learn the nature of it's place so they can escape... Right...?

But... This spirit that bears in form of Cirika Ikkikari didn't acknowledge that this world is in fact... The realm of the dead. It made Runara think that this perhaps could be a fragment of her memory. Weirdly, even though she never visited this village before, Runara could know some of the place. One belonging to the nobles, a children's secret base... Was this the work so they could stay forever...?

But for now, maybe it was best to play along with the charade, they could maybe escape later when the time comes. Runara decided to follow on, but she noticed one thing that would make her more sure that this is just a fragment of Cirika's memory. The villager's face were blanks, filled with void. Cirika greeting them, maybe she's the only one that could hear them as to Runara, it sounded like it's just a one-sided greeting from Cirika to the villagers

The place they headed was that of a Moriya noblety, one that Runara can recall was the clan that betrayed the Ikkikari leading to it's downfall. The manor was quite decorated, as expected of a traveler, but none so lavish... Also there's a lot of pillows. And also weirdly... Lord Moriya is also faceless. Runara could only tell Lord Moriya body expression from his conversation with Cirika.

The problem if they're to travel out of this village however, is that they have to deal with the wolves. Wait... Wolves? Why would this memory recall of that fact too, even so, everything is faceless outside of Cirika. Why would they be dangerous...? As Cirika left however... Runara could feel her existence is waning away, seeming like that Cirika is the anchor that keep Runara in this realm. But Cirika returned shortly, Runara looked onto Cirika, maybe she should tell her that she's already long dead...

The solution was for them to fight the wolves, and then they'll be granted a shortcut out of this Valley. Cirika offered to come with the party as part of the hunt.

"Gee, pack of wolves huh? Dunno if a fox like me could help, but since we need to get a move on or else we'd be stuck here for the whole winter, let's get going then~" Runara said her agreement on being in part of the wolf hunt.

"The sooner we get rid of them... The sooner we'll get out of this place right?"

@Ehb
@everyoneelse
@letsgetamovingalready

[/fieldbox]

"I am overjoyed to hear you are all willing to assist."
Cirika said. Though her expression remained as stony as ever.

The general consensus among the travelers was to help out. As far as being able to leave this 'place' was concerned, it was the only lead thus far. Given that Cirika was the only person in this world aside from themselves with a face, or could be heard, then it was highly possible that she held the key to leaving. Her 'task' was very well the 'key' to escape.

Before leaving, the travelers were compelled into accepting some of the Moriyas' hospitality.

The tea that they served was very... dry. The water that poured from the cups and down their lips did not fill their stomach.

But the memory of a taste and aroma filled in the blanks for them.
It was a pleasant taste.

"What do you think? That tea was made by Haschou's own Blush Leaves. They grow from a plant that only grows around the village."

Lord Moriya added in a comment voicelessly. To which Cirika nodded to.

"....Yes. There would not be much reason for anyone so far out to trade with us if not for these."

Indeed, it was a pleasant taste that likely didn't exist anymore in the real world.
The Tousawan Members of the group knew it very well. In the chaos of the war and the sudden eruption of demon crown mountain, many things had to be left behind. The Blush Leaves grew on plants that naturally appeared around Haschou Village. In the mad dash to escape, no one was able to rescue an example to grow elsewhere.

The experiences, sights, and sounds of this place were being told to the travelers in a peculiar way.
The things that they were seeing with their own eyes, on their own value were meaningless.
But, each time they tried processing it, various 'holes' were being filled in by Cirika's Experiences.

For that reason, secrets about the memory world began to surface the more they spent there.

It was an intimate, yet hollowly haunting setting to be in.

Looking back at the stack of pillows....
They recognized the pillow on top.

[ Ah, probably a replacement, is it not? ]
[ Yes, Kiri was sleeping on one just like it before the elders that one day - so I took it from her. ]

[ Come to think of it, I don't think I ever gave it back. Her father sure worked quickly to replace it. ]

They shuddered, and looked away.
That was much more than they wanted to know.

Much to the group's discomfort, it seemed that they needed to remain in the manor.

While everyone was prepared to simply get this over with, it was important not to go charging headlong into those wolves. The 'Berserk Fangs' were preying on people who were leaving the village specifically. They were dangerous, especially to the villagers, since they had preyed on a couple of bands whom had left the town.

Lord Ikkikari - the Daimyou and ruler of the village, was trying to be as careful as possible to minimize the amount of people taken by the beasts. Meaning they had gained a taste for people. And... they would be expecting them to come and try to ambush them.

"...For that reason, we should just wait a little longer for one of the Shadows to track where the pack is. At least that way, we won't be caught by surprise."

"I wouldn't be wise to go out with nightfall coming. Lord Moriya has agreed to lend you all a couple rooms for the evening here. Until tomorrow... let us-"

"Let us be off then."

[ Month of ???, ??? / Village of Memory - Haschou, Town Gates ]

Standing at the village gates the next morning, the group was prepared to go out of town to hunt the beasts. The shadows had instructed Cirika on the most ideal path to where the pack was prowling. Their battle plan was simple, it was simply to force the wolves to fight on their terms rather than getting ambushed by them. In a fair fight, they would likely come out victorious. It was important not to get caught of guard.

It was a fine morning. Villagers with farms just outside the walls where cautiously working away under the guard of the archers patrolling the palisades. Elsewhere, a younger boy was watching the party from around the corner of the gate. He did a good enough job of hiding himself, just barely viable

"I will do everything in my power to ensure everyone makes it back safe. But if anyone has doubts about their combat abilities, let it be known now. An incorrect move, and a bite from one of those beasts can sever a man's arm."

"I won't lead any weaklings or those in doubt. If you feel even a small amount of those sentiments, then put yourself aside now."

Now that they were actually going after the wolves, she sure had gotten bossy.
What would even happen if they 'died' here?

There was nothing to 'fill in' that answer for them.

While a battle with bigger wolves - or 'Berserk Fangs' didn't sound all that exciting, to Cirika, this was a life or death situation they were about to walk into. There was this deep seated sense of responsibility in her aura. And also, a hint of dead in regards to losing someone. Something like that must've happened to her before... in her real life.

Though it was obvious by now that her main weapon was her Dai-Blade on her back, she still had the blade she picked up all the way from the beginning at her waist. Though it didn't seem like she was intending to use it.

It feels like this memory sequence would reach it's end once they engaged the wolves. Looking far out, it seemed like Cirika's memory extended beyond the village itself. The farmlands, the forest... and even the river that was hidden by it, they could tell it was all faithfully recreated. Curiously enough, there was a 'sentiment' far out there in that forest. Like something bad had happened there before.

According to the stories, several years after this point in 'time'. The failure and death of this girl would lead to a series of catastrophes that would lead to many anguishes, whose ripples could be felt nearly a century afterward. An ill-fated child of misfortune. Cirika Ikkikari.

A nod, or groan to get moving would suffice.

But it was also a final chance to interact with this 'memory' as it was.

@Karyra
@_Everyone
[/fieldbox]

Saburo_Ico.jpg

She ignored him. Or her sub-concious made her blank on it to protect her from a coming post-life crisis. Either way, Saburo felt his already rather shriveled pride be slightly hurt. Even ghosts didn't give him the time of day. Sighing quietly, He sunk back into the mass of the group.

As they continued on. Saburo quickly decided to focus on something else then what was going in the front of the party. Seeing as everyone in these memories seemed to be lacking a face. They looked like portraits that someone had graffitied. Saburo felt the need to cover his face. But compromised on just clasping his hands together tightly.

Reaching this lord who would help them. Saburo was further dismayed to see that this lord was also faceless. He would let the rest deal with that conversation. Seeing as none of them could even hear what he was supposed to be saying.

He found his eye catching a pillar of pillows. Walking over to it. He found it to be around his height. Even if that statement wasn't much of an accomplishment. He still felt some curiousity store inside him of what reason they would have this for. It was a bit overkill wasn't it. Or was this the trend back in the day with nobles. Or even nobles now. This type of society was far beyond him. He poked the pile with mild disbelief.

His pillow inspecting was cut short as he suddenly felt 'something' being pulled from him.

"!!!" Turning around, Saburo eyes scanned the room for the source of this mispleasure. He found nothing obvious. But as Cirika entered the room again. The feeling waned.

Grimancing to himself, Saburo realised what this meant.

Soon Saburo found himself sitting as close to Cirika as he reasonbly could. Hoping to never undergo whatever the hell that feeling was supposed to be.

Sipping the Tea. Saburo nodded gently to himself. "This...sure is tea." It was a nice taste. Albeit the experience was slightly hampered by only being able to taste the tea five seconds after he had consumed it.

The group stayed there for now. Seeing as they had to orbit Cirika till they were out of this dream world. He stared at his tea. Feeling somewhat restless. Saburo was to start realising he had missed something.

"Wait, what do you mean by a pack?"

Berserk Fangs.

Clearly the person in charge of naming things in this valley got off on scaring children.

Cirika gave her last warning. A chance to avoid getting his arm severed off. He quite liked his arms. But it was fake, this potential mercy. One who didn't go to fight would stay here. And that meant being away from Cirika and feeling...'that' again.

"Fucking hate this place."

Simply, Saburo nodded and groaned with displeasure.

@Ehb
@Othersyo[/fieldbox]

Kei_Ico.jpg

She could at least be enthusiastic to these random strangers who said they'd rid her make believe dead little town of wolves. Kei turned down the tea, not particularly eager to drink... whatever that actually was. From the poorly concealed looks on their faces, he made the right call. This town was empty... save for one spirit. One sad, little spirit.

Even looking around the room felt like trespassing. The memories of somewhere else flashed through his mind. He wondered if this was not unlike his own cell. Small and a testament to something lost since passed. A time that could never be recovered. Things given up for some greater 'good'. Whatever that was.

Staying the night only made everything that much worse. The rooms they stayed in were too comfortable. Pillows seemed to linger everywhere in this house, and Kei was half tempted to rip them in half. He should not have that memory. He did not want it.

If his wish came true... would he end up just this this ghost? Playing make believe with tea and pillows? Pretending nothing wrong had happened. Kei almost threw the vanity and other furniture there. He hated it. Despised this world. How dare he play with some lonely child. He had something to do. He had until the festival ended. He couldn't waste his time.

Kei slept on the floor that night.

"Ooooo scary. Wolves. Are you sure you should go miss Cirika? Wouldn't want you to have your arm bitten off..." Kei said, as though he were telling a scary ghost story.

Didn't matter if she was going or not. She was dead, anyway. Unless ghosts could double die. Wait. Where would they go after they died again? Kei quickly decided this was a dumb line of questioning and not the point.

"Well, come on your majesty. Let's get this over with."

@everyone
[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox=Á̷̸̷̷n̴͟͞z̷̕á͢͠͡͏ì̸͘͟͞ ̶̸̡͜͞I̶͟͡k̢̧͢ḱ̸ą̶̀í̸̡̛͟r̶̷͢i̕͠͝, red, solid]

"You can't go! Cirika it's-"
The boy with the white hair was caught off guard by a coughing fit. Anyone looking at him would be surprised he managed to leave the house.

"What happens if you leave and get hurt? Then mom and dad will be all alone... You are the heir, Cirika. You're the one that's supposed to lead everyone. What happens if you get hurt?"

He had no face. However, the pained tone made it clear. He couldn't go, he couldn't stay and worry. He was truly trapped an unable to make things better. He was stuck, well and truly stuck.

"I know you won't listen to me... promise you'll come back safe, okay? Please."

He looked so weak, so pitiful. He already knew he wasn't going to make it. Cirika was his world and making sure she survived was the center of it. However, all it seemed like he could do right now was watch.

@everyone
[/fieldbox]