• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Phantasm

Original poster
Hello! This is, like, my millionth search thread, but I feel like starting fresh rather than reviving old ones, so here I am again!

I'd like to start out by saying that I'm likely to be quite picky this time around. I have a habit of saying yes to everyone who offers up a RP and then dropping them, either because I'm not that interested or because I get overwhelmed. I figure it's nicer to turn people down right off the bat. So please do not be offended if I don't end up choosing to move forward with you!

Some things to be aware of:
  • I really don't have many limits as far as content, but I am 100% respectful of the limits of others as long as you make them known.
  • As far as smutty scenes, however, I'd like to avoid having gore or bathroom stuff going on in the bedroom.
  • I LOVE a good sexy role play with fellow adult writers, but it isn't a requirement.
  • I almost always want some sort of romance in my 1x1s. Whether it's slow-burning, fluffy from the start, or unhealthy and tumultuous, romance is just something I like to write.
  • I have a very strong preference towards MxM, though it is not all that I write. I usually only do MxF if it's a fandom ship I love. I have little to no interest in creating an original hetero love story. The world has enough of those. FxF is something I'm 100% open to, I just don't crave it as much as MxM.
  • My gay male characters don't fit into the yaoi stereotypes. In fact, I'm not a fan of the yaoi genre in general and try to avoid those tropes.
  • Please don't bother responding to this if you are a strictly MxF writer. It makes me uncomfortable, and I'd rather not have to explain myself on that front if I don't have to.
  • I will be busy with work up until after the holidays (retail, you know how it is), so the planning process may go a little slow on my end. But January and February are extremely slow work-wise, so I'm hoping to stock up on role plays for when that time comes, hence the timing of this search thread. But just be aware that I may be spotty until then. :)
  • I'm usually not a daily poster, unless our roleplay is really exciting at the moment. It's not due to my schedule, but more just due to my motivation to write.
  • I consider myself a decent writer, but as far as roleplaying, I really just want something casual. Posts varying from 2-4 paragraphs on average is what I'm looking for. That doesn't mean I don't want good writing and well-developed characters!
Onto the fun stuff! Here are some fandoms I'm craving:

Dragon Age (I know you're shocked) (I am craving this always, at all times, forever)
Characters I most enjoy playing:
  • Fenris
  • Cullen
  • Dorian
Pairings I'm interested in (not limited to) (get ready, there's a lot):
  • Fenris/Hawke ♥
  • Fenris/Anders ♥
  • Fenris/Isabela ♥
  • Isabela/Hawke
  • Isabela/Fenris/Hawke
  • Anders/Fenris/Hawke
  • Anders/Hawke
  • Dorian/Inquisitor ♥
  • Dorian/Cullen ♥
  • Dorian/Iron Bull ♥
  • Cullen/Inquisitor
  • Cullen/Josephine
  • Alistair/Warden
  • Alistair/Zevran
  • Zevran/Isabela
  • Zevran/Warden
Game of Thrones

I've never actually written this fandom, so I have no idea what characters I'm good at! So this may require some patience on your end.

Pairings I'm interested in:
  • Jon/anyone
  • Dany/anyone
  • Theon/anyone
  • feel free to suggest something... like I said, I'm relatively new to this one and kinda have no ideas.
The Hunger Games

This is one of the few fandoms where I might prefer OCs, but here are some pairings:
  • Peeta/Katniss
  • Peeta/Finnick
Elder Scrolls

Another super OC-friendly fandom for me. But I'd love a Thieves Guild or Dark Brotherhood plot.

Characters I enjoy playing:
  • Zuko
  • Katara
Pairings:
  • Zuko/Katara ♥
  • Zuko/Sokka
  • Zuko/Mai
  • Ty Lee/Mai ♥
  • Ty Lee/Azula
Star Wars

I consider myself a casual Star Wars fan; please keep this in mind. This fandom intimidates me a little. As far as pairings, I might be open to just about anything. Let me know.

As far as originals, I have no solid plots in mind as of now. Here are some themes I enjoy working with that might spark an idea, however:
  • medieval settings, whether fantasy or realistic
  • royalty/nobility
  • age gaps, within reason
  • addiction/mental illness
  • noble or monarch/servant dynamics
  • bandits/thieves/outlaws
  • secret relationships/affairs

I may add to this later, but for now, there's that! Please let me know if you have any ideas that I may be interested in, or if you think we can come up with something together. Thanks for checkin' me out!

Status
Not open for further replies.