• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
There were a few points of interests to Jotaro, actually.

The aforementioned hot dog stand was just making some amazing smelling hot dogs, for one. There was also a wishing well of sorts, with a small park nearby. In the center of the area there also seemed to be an interesting looking statue. Maybe he could try investigating that?

@udon

Trotting through the dense forest foliage of ThunderClan's territory, Jayfeather made his way towards the Moonpool. It had been a few moons since Ashfur's defeat by Bristlefrost's sacrifice, and the time for amends to be made to the Warrior Code neared. It would be nice to have foresight on what of the code could be changed, and perhaps the spirits would give their guidance, if they were feeling particularly generous.

"Feh, who am I kidding. They couldn't be more vague if they tried," he thought to himself. Though, a vague answer would be better than none at all. With Alderheart in clan camp, he had nothing to lose by coming here other than his time.

A rustle in the foliage was briefly, heard, the tabby tom's ears perking as his head jolted to the direction he heard the disturbance. Only silence would greet his reaction. "Squirrels... A waste of my time," he grunted internally, displeased by the distraction

Feeling the grass beneath his paws become cold, hard stone, he could smell the wet scent of the sacred pool, stepping down the walls of the rocky hallow in order to communicate with his ancestors in the stars. Resting down by the Moonpool, he lightly touched his nose against the cool water, his blind blue eyes closing as he entered the realm of dreams, where he could communicate with StarClan.

Opening his eyes, color would illuminate the ethereal forest in which StarClan resided, his blindness absent in dreams. A black cat with distinctly green eyes stood before him, stars rippling through her spiritual pelt. "Hollyleaf," Jayfeather purred, happy to see his late sister once more. "Figures you'd be the one I'd see first," he'd comment, remembering her obsession with the Warrior Code prior to her passing. She was rather frightening about it in life, and to be honest, he didn't know if she was still strict in traditions, but it would be worth discussing changes to the Code with her. Perhaps see what works and what doesn't.

"Jayfeather," Hollyleaf would greet her brother, though not with a tone of warmth, but one of panic and concern. "You shouldn't be h-"

A sharp, crunching pain crackling around Jayfeather's neck, the tom's body stiffened as the pain registered, warm crimson oozing from the back of his neck, dripping down his pelt onto the ethereal grass below. "Somebody... bit..," he wheezed helplessly, the taste of blood in his mouth as he coughed. Had someone attacked him while he was asleep? A vision flashing before him, he saw what was the Moonpool, crimson with his blood, the stars no longer reflecting off the water's surface. A flash of golden eyes staring back at him from darkness, and as quickly as the vision came, they had disappeared. Slumping over from blood loss within the dream, his gray pelt faded away as stars illuminated his spirit's pelt, and then, like stardust, his spirit began to turn to dust in the breeze, his blue eyes locked with Hollyleaf's expression as panic as he faded, exchanging looks of horror with one another as his body vanished.

--------------------

"..."

"...Why am I still conscious..?"

"I don't feel my blood anymore..."

"..!"

"Who goes there?! I can hear you!"

"A... game... to live again?"

"Considering I'm blind again... This is real."

"I won't die here. I'll play your game.

"An entry fee?

"...Fine. You can... You can take my memories of the one I loved."

"I'm sorry Half Moon, but I need to return to ThunderClan."

--------------------

Awakening on the smooth, hard ground, Jayfeather hissed. "Is this where your game is? It reeks of twolegs. The air here reeks, and the sound are overwhelming!" he thought to himself, immediately resenting his surroundings. If he could see, he didn't doubt for a second that it looked as bad as his other senses implied. Letting out a long sigh, he stretched. He has to navigate this nightmare for this game in order to return to his clan. Alderheart could handle himself, but he needed to return. He wouldn't die here. Not when there was still work to be done.

@thatguyinthestore (Shinjiro Aragaki)

At hearing how Shinjiro kept their distance from them.. They looked hurt. "..Shinjiro.. you.. don't.. remember me then..?" Orpheus says, their.. voice being one that's equal parts hurt and sad at that thought.. "..If that.. that's how it's going to be, then... I accept that, Shinjiro." Orpheus says as they put their hands in their pockets. It hurt, yeah.. but Orpheus understood things aren't.. exactly going to be the same. "..Since you don't.. know me, I'll.. never mind. The name's Orpheus." They said as they held out a hand to Shinjiro to shake.. they also had gloves on.. military stuff. Like they were equipped for a fight. But Orpheus knew one thing.. they won't be powerless this time.. they won't be. As long as they live.. they WILL protect them.

Shinjiro shook his head. "No, I don't. I'm sorry."

Was this the one he'd forgotten thanks to his entry fee? Shinji had a hard time remembering. Every time he forgot about it, his head felt heavy. It was like those memories were clouded by a never-ending fog. A fog that just wouldn't clear. When the other gave their name, though, Shinji's brows furrowed noticeably. "Orpheus...?"

Shinji didn't remember having a friend named Orpheus - or even meeting anyone with the name. But even still... the name was indeed a familiar one. It had been the name of Minato's Persona. The new kid. Or- one of them, at least. Despite the lost memories of his dearest friend, Shinji remembered him quite well. He'd even gone to the movies with him once... before he- well, y'know.

Shinji glanced down at the offered hand, and then back up to Orpheus' masked face. With a low sigh, he took the hand and shook it.
"Well, I guess you already know my name." Shinji grunted as he shook the offered hand, before withdrawing as soon as he could. Shinji didn't seem particularly on edge - at least, not any more than he normally was - but he was definitely wary of this new guy. Perhaps the name was just a coincidence, though.

@Izanagi243

Reactions: Celestial Speck

Cool%20Text%20-%20Colonel%20Mael%20Radec%20402794624648225.png
==========================================================================

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Radec's Helghast Book on Honor-

My personal support was in route to meet the ISA scumbags at Pyyrus where hopefully my soldiers would take care of those soldiers on their way. Of course, I had a backup.. Plan for if my soldiers can't take care of.. the job themselves…

I'll be
there!

I made my way running through the hallways, trying to catch the scumbags unaware. Disappearing again, I moved up close to an ISA named "Sev" as his comrade in arms yelled out "Look out behind you!"

It didn't matter who these men were and who they sent, all I knew is the ISA sent the wrong men to deal with,personally.

All I knew these men needed to die..

==========================================================

Ugrh.. Huh..huh… Damnit… I will not allow these dogs to get the best of me!

They dared to get closer to me.. NO! I will not be captured alive!

… I close my eyes and thought this was the only honorable way for a Helghast Colonel, the highest ranked man in the Helghast to go.

I bit my tongue, sending the cold embrace of the weapon to my head before they got any closer.

Before I knew it, the bittersweet end embraced me.
The brain only shows us Thea clip of what we went through in life before we died. I guess whatever entity we prayed to had little mercy on us Helghast. We
were the good guys.
================================================================================

What was an afterlife? Was I sentenced to a horrific fate? Or Did I deserve a honorful honor? Nothing of that sort happened here. It was in the shape of an arch hallway long and a voice echoing throughout the hallways.

"ANSWER ME… at once!" My voice echoed, and slightly boomed. I held my M32 out, cautiously.
Something about this voice needed to inform me of something important …

I felt my body and everything I once had was still around, my weapons, my rebreather, and my Helghast uniform straight down to the boots.

"You died, I understand?" The voice repeated

I looked at the voice "....Why does that matter to
you?"

You were one of the lucky ones to join the Reaper's Game?"

"Game? Fight? Like Playstation all stars?"

The voice shook its head
"No , it's a game that allows you another chance at living, that is…if you win."

Win? Survive? All I had to do was win to gain another chance at leading the Helghast again.

"I-....

"Before you accept, there are … punishments… You are erased permanently if you lose… and you lose your entry fee..

"Don't toy with me! I wish to come back and play your… game!"

The voice stepped aside and let the former Colonel of the Helghast army walk forward.

The light hit as fast as it came, as I had a strange phone-like device and a "Player's pin" attached on my suit to find my way around this strange planet.

Was this Earth.. I've read books about Helghast history, Earth before it was broken up into UCA.

I wanted to observe, see who was around first. I faded from view and blended around the background

@OPEN FOR INTERACTION
@PolikShadowbliss

@thatguyinthestore

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Midle1998
@thatguyinthestore (Shinjiro Aragaki)
"No, I don't. I'm sorry."

At hearing that, Orpheus looked.. saddned at that fact. "..Don't worry about it, Shinjiro. We all.. have things we want to forget about. I'm.. no different, I guess." Orpheus says sadly.. as if he understood that Shinjiro did not remember him.

"..Orpheus..?" At hearing that, they nodded their head. "Yeah.. that's my name. Sorry for scaring you.. Not my intention." Orpheus says honestly, shaking their head.. ashamed of themselves. Until they felt Shinjiro shake their hand, in that case, they shook it back as they then put their hand back in their pocket.

"Well.. guess you already know my name." They nodded. "..Yeah. Yeah, I do. Just.. surprised to see you here, that's all." Orpheus says as they"re still looking at the city.. they're surprised to be standing here... but what else is there in this place? That's the question.

Mukuro Ikusaba

Mukuro had stood by herself for some moments since first awaking here. The shock of not being to recall anything besides her encounter with the person who had introduced to this game is enough to make someone panic due to sheer intrigue and confusion by itself. Mukuro however... began looking for something in her possession, something that would be able to identify what her life before dying was and who-

The amnesiac soldier stopped what she was doing as she had almost stabbed herself with a knife. Not a knife someone uses to cut your food in a plate, one specifically made for fighting. Perhaps that figure from earlier had given tools that allowed them to defend themselves in case of danger. It was the only explanation... at least, in her head was.

After the close encounter with the knife, she had finally found something of use in her belongings: a phone. Mukuro wasted no time looking for any thing that allowed her to see more about her life and- there weren't any photos at all in it. No contacts, no messages, no nothing except for the name of it's owner:

Mukuro Ikusaba...

At least she knew what her name was now. Which didn't quite give an answer to who she was, it still was better than nothing.

It was then a girl in a tracksuit came towards her direction. Not towards any of the other figures or simply wanting to go past her...but in her direction in specific. Her intuition told her that. Which is... rather strange in her opinion. Maybe she was observant of how people acted. But, if that was the case, why did she feel this certain unease around her.

"I see..." The girl with freckles mumbled, looking away from this girl for a bit. Mukuro... that was her name. If she knows her name, then does this meant they were acquainted? To have someone that knows her true self, maybe things would turn out ok for her. "So you know who I am, that's... a relief."

@megar

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My personal support was in route to meet the ISA scumbags at Pyyrus where hopefully my soldiers would take care of those soldiers on their way. Of course, I had a backup.. Plan for if my soldiers can't take care of.. the job themselves…

I'll be
there!

I made my way running through the hallways, trying to catch the scumbags unaware. Disappearing again, I moved up close to an ISA named "Sev" as his comrade in arms yelled out "Look out behind you!"

It didn't matter who these men were and who they sent, all I knew is the ISA sent the wrong men to deal with,personally.

… I close my eyes and thought this was the only honorable way for a Helghast Colonel, the highest ranked man in the Helghast to go.

I bit my tongue, sending the cold embrace of the weapon to my head before they got any closer.

The brain only shows us Thea clip of what we went through in life before we died. I guess whatever entity we prayed to had little mercy on us Helghast. We
were the good guys.
================================================================================

What was an afterlife? Was I sentenced to a horrific fate? Or Did I deserve a honorful honor? Nothing of that sort happened here. It was in the shape of an arch hallway long and a voice echoing throughout the hallways.

"ANSWER ME… at once!" My voice echoed, and slightly boomed. I held my M32 out, cautiously.

I felt my body and everything I once had was still around, my weapons, my rebreather, and my Helghast uniform straight down to the boots.

you?"

The voice shook its head
"No , it's a game that allows you another chance at living, that is…if you win."

Win? Survive? All I had to do was win to gain another chance at leading the Helghast again.

"I-....

"Before you accept, there are … punishments… You are erased permanently if you lose… and you lose your entry fee..

The voice stepped aside and let the former Colonel of the Helghast army walk forward.

The light hit as fast as it came, as I had a strange phone-like device and a "Player's pin" attached on my suit to find my way around this strange planet.

Was this Earth.. I've read books about Helghast history, Earth before it was broken up into UCA.

I wanted to observe, see who was around first. I faded from view and blended around the background

@OPEN FOR INTERACTION
@PolikShadowbliss

@thatguyinthestore

Odessa stood up and looked around. A bunch of oddballs and stuff were milling about and none seemed to interest until she saw what. appeared to be a space marine. She walked over to him and said simply, "you died too, huh?" @dark

Kai Parker Prologue- "Making Allies"

Kai Parker had only been half-listening to the voice. A game where he could come back to life at the end of it was the only thing he needed to know. He had a lot of things to do, let get revenge on Hope Mikaelson and the man who had murdered him. Sure, he did deserve it- but that was hardly the point. So, when a memory was taken, he barely even noticed it was gone.

It took the vampire-witch a second to adjust to the daylight. It wasn't that he couldn't survive in sunlight as much as he hadn't been out in it. It seemed everyone here was an enemy or rather, another player. As much as Kai hated working with people, Kai expected to have to work with someone. While there was a man in blue looking around near him, the man rang a certain demeanor that Kai hated.

Of course, there was the three year old. Easy to manipulate, easy to work with, easy to kill if he needed too. "
Hey kid, do you want to figure out a way to get back to life? I'm sure you have people you want to go back too," he replied, offering a smile to show he was friendly-ish.

@RoseWolf

Ikaris Prologue- Start Again

Ikaris remembered that he had hurled him into the sun. If you asked him why, he wouldn't know the answer. Actually, all of his time on Earth was a giant blank- minus some time he had spent by himself. He noticed the glance the strange brunette man gave him, before he would get stopped by a girl tapping on his shoulder. " From my very brief understanding of everything that happened, we are being given a second chance at life, if we compete and win this game. This phone is going to give us missions to complete and if we do them, we're closer to lfie.'

@PolikShadowbliss

Taeko Yasuhiro

Reticent. Somewhat uneasy. Yes, that is certainly the Mukuro that Taeko remembers, the foggy figure lurking in her memories that was once taken away from her. So, then... she can say that her suspicion was correct. The girl standing before her is -- in some way -- responsible for all that had happened to her. There's still much of the situation she can't say for sure, and yet...

"You sound surprised," Taeko starts, her gaze totally focused. Why would Mukuro be surprised? For all of the differences in posture, bearing, way of dress... Taeko cannot hide her own face. In that way alone, she is the same as she ever was. Mukuro should recognise her. "I'll admit that's a little strange to me."

Unless...

It's a possibility. To play the game, one must pay a fee -- perhaps one of the mind, from her own experience. Taeko knows all too well how easy it truly is to have one's memories taken away from them now. If these are similar circumstances, then perhaps...

The thought springs to her immediately. She can use this to her advantage. A powerful ally like the Ultimate Soldier to keep her safe should things become difficult... While also being rid of the threat that is Mukuro herself. All it would take is some careful words to keep the girl on her good side... Though, Taeko figures she should test the waters first. Information is always the priority.

"Don't you recognise me? I know I..." She pauses briefly to gather her words. It is... difficult to say these things, but she has to keep her composure. She wasn't once called the Queen of Liars for no reason. "...Look a little different to how I used to dress, but it's still me... still Taeko."

It takes all of her effort to not grimace at the name on her tongue. But it is done. All she has to do now is wait for an answer. Even the slightest slip will not be past her notice. Given what came before, it's clear Mukuro is not above acting; this time Taeko won't let herself be fooled. Whether or not Mukuro gives truth or lie in response... Taeko will know. She's certain of it.

@RingoRoadgain (Mukuro Ikusaba)

Lilith & Shantae
Lilith.png
Shantae.png

"I know, it's just kind of scary to think about." Lilith said as the two conversed with each other about the current events. "Knowing that you lost so many people and so many things, I've been there before." Shantae didn't really give much of a response aside form a simple, "Mmm, yeah." before going back to contemplating, Lilith continued. "Well...at least we're not alone, I'm sure there are other people here that are going through the same thing, seeing as how you and me met." After she said this Shantae started to ponder on that statement for a bit. Maybe she's right, there could very well be more people who have found themselves in this vast open area after they met their fate and the fact that these two have met here only further expands this logic. After some time Shantae responds again. "I suppose so, you seem friendly to." Lilith was surprised to hear that, no one has really gone out of their way to try and make friends with her before. "W-Wait you really mean that?" Shantae smiled a bit. "Well yeah, you're definitely one of the nicer ghosts I've met." Lilith looked at the genie for a little bit before saying thanks.

"So...are you feeling any better?" She asked. "A little, I'm still thinking about it." Shantae responded, as she got up from the bench she knew she wasn't going to forget about this anytime soon but it was nice to know that Lilith was willing to stick beside her and work things out. "I'm starting to get a little hungry to." The ghost also got up from the bench and pointed over to a nearby hot dog stand. "Well there's a hot dog stand over there if that's what you're looking for. Oh and no need to get me anything, I'm not hungry...ever." Shantae just reciprocated with a small nod and led herself over to the hot dog stand.

"Excuse me, can I get one hot dog please?"

@thatguyinthestore

Kai Parker Prologue- "Making Allies"

Kai Parker had only been half-listening to the voice. A game where he could come back to life at the end of it was the only thing he needed to know. He had a lot of things to do, let get revenge on Hope Mikaelson and the man who had murdered him. Sure, he did deserve it- but that was hardly the point. So, when a memory was taken, he barely even noticed it was gone.

It took the vampire-witch a second to adjust to the daylight. It wasn't that he couldn't survive in sunlight as much as he hadn't been out in it. It seemed everyone here was an enemy or rather, another player. As much as Kai hated working with people, Kai expected to have to work with someone. While there was a man in blue looking around near him, the man rang a certain demeanor that Kai hated.

Of course, there was the three year old. Easy to manipulate, easy to work with, easy to kill if he needed too. "
Hey kid, do you want to figure out a way to get back to life? I'm sure you have people you want to go back too," he replied, offering a smile to show he was friendly-ish.

@RoseWolf

Ikaris Prologue- Start Again

Ikaris remembered that he had hurled him into the sun. If you asked him why, he wouldn't know the answer. Actually, all of his time on Earth was a giant blank- minus some time he had spent by himself. He noticed the glance the strange brunette man gave him, before he would get stopped by a girl tapping on his shoulder. " From my very brief understanding of everything that happened, we are being given a second chance at life, if we compete and win this game. This phone is going to give us missions to complete and if we do them, we're closer to lfie.'

@PolikShadowbliss
Rey looked at the man, and just now noticed the phone but was a little mortified. Saving face, she said, "of course I knew that!" she said offhandedly as if she knew along, laughing nervously, "I meant what are we doing now? Other than mingling about??" @LuckycoolHawk9 (THANK YOU by the way. I was thinking no one would take my invitation!)

Death would have been preferable to this.

Non-existence would've been utterly amazing at this moment. But no, there was very much an existence happening here. You couldn't twirl a cat without hitting the existence you were living in.

For a moment he felt as if he really had died, gone to the Great Nothingness that was sung sweet to him in his sleep, a land of restfulness and zero happenings. Only for things to happen. A voice, an offer, a confusing set of experiences that soiled the good mood being deceased gave him. A little metal circle? Some folded rectangle? The meanings of these things got lost in the jumble of his mind which already had a heavy workload trying to understand anything about itself, and whatever questions there was to ask would go un-that.

The light seared into his eyes, boiling the grey matter resting on the other side. What felt like a miniature nuclear explosion blossomed across his skull as the light overtook him, forcing him back into noise, movement, living. Well, after a fashion anyway.

harryheader.png
When the city of Shibuya came into view, all the various people milling around the square, gigantic buildings reflecting the harsh sunlight, he threw up. A deluge of watery alcoholic swill and whatever free mints his hostel had, all over the sidewalk and a little on his shoe for good measure. As the other 'contestants' started to explore their space, mingle, whatever dead-but-not-fully people got up to, he was concerned with other matters.

volition.png We're *still* hungover even though we died? It would be almost impressive if it didn't hurt so much.

electrochem.png THIS is not a bad thing. How awful you feel after is the absolute *pique* evidence of how much you got your funk on. And it's the excuse to do *more*. Hair of the dog! You'll be living it up in the clouds if you get more of that good shit in you!

endurance.png Do not. There's absolutely no way you can handle anymore "good shit" in you. Your insides are nothing but shit. You have to un-shit yourself.

electrochem.png And *then* you can go back to good shitting it up. The party never ends.

concept.png
Mayhaps this isn't truly after death. A full-scale performance piece?

drama.png The oblivious actor *is* the most convincing, sire. But now you have the upper hand! *Dazzle* them with it!

composure.png Before we dazzle anything, we should pick ourselves up. Straighten your back and walk away from the vomit. People are beginning to look.

Not knowing what could possibly be happening and too woozy to care, this disheveled, slightly smelly man lifted his head and looked through squinted eyes at his surroundings. Last he remembered he woke up in a cold room, absolutely trashed and littered with bottles, to the mind-splitting whine of... something. He couldn't place it.

interfacing.png It was definitely mechanical. The tinny, warbling swansong of metal as it became still, lifeless. Poor thing...

Well it didn't matter now, because it certainly wasn't anything here that did it. Wanting to avoid the crowds that started to gather, he shambled over to the nearest haven he could envision: a hotdog stand. He didn't know it was a hotdog stand, but the smell of greasy, potentially fried food was music to his nostrils, a soothing tune that soothed his throbbing head.

Ikaris

Ikaris raised a curious eyebrow, not sure if she actually knew that much, but he was nothing if not a gentleman. " That is a fair question, I guess we can just go about the city until the host decides to give us our firs mission. I'm Ikaris, by the way," he replied back to her.

@PolikShadowbliss ( You're welcome)

Ikaris

Ikaris raised a curious eyebrow, not sure if she actually knew that much, but he was nothing if not a gentleman. " That is a fair question, I guess we can just go about the city until the host decides to give us our firs mission. I'm Ikaris, by the way," he replied back to her.

@PolikShadowbliss ( You're welcome)
"..... I....... Rey, I think. I don't know! I don't .... know." She shook her head. Who was she? She didn't know but she needed to find out. @LuckycoolHawk9

kakbannerfinal.png

In times of trouble, Noriaki Kakyoin found his respite most often in nature. Many times had he retired to the local park after a long day at school, by his lonesome, to sit and do as he pleased. He would read a book, or watch the birds, or write in his journals, or catch up on homework he had missed the night before. Hierophant Green would remain in his shadow throughout, as his shadow. A poignant and ever-present reminder of what he was, and what he could never have as long as it persisted. Hundreds of people would stroll past as Kakyoin sat with one leg crossed over the other as if to make himself as small as possible, and not one of them would ever turn to look. Not one of them would ever turn to see Hierophant Green, nor its bearer, staring a hole through the pages he glared at to avoid meeting their eye.

It was a self-fulfilling prophecy, he supposed. Whether Kakyoin liked it or not, he could not deny that the choice was, at its root, his and his alone to make. He had spoken with his parents about it, and they, too, did not understand. They couldn't see Hierophant Green, no matter how much he tried to point it out, to make them see that the problem wasn't them, and he wasn't being made fun of, and would they please just listen to him, it can't be fixed, and eventually, they would relent. He had always hated making them worry. When he was younger, the sight of his mother's face, worried to death and yet unable to see the problem, had made him tear up without fail. Even now, it bit at his heartstrings. He remembered it like it was yesterday. It was no matter of hatred, it never was. Just resigned acceptance, that as long as Hierophant Green hovered by his side, this would be his lot. Sooner or later, he would learn to appreciate what he had, rather than lament what he didn't.

And now, in this microcosm of Tokyo, was no different. Kakyoin sat cross-legged upon a bench in the park, back leaned against the cold metal and eyes wandering semi-aimlessly but darting away from a new stimulus on occasion to avoid attracting attention. His Stand hovered behind him, rising upward and out of his shadow, the tendril that linked it with the ground idly shimmering like waves in water. He didn't have a book, nor a journal, nor anything to occupy his mind save for his thoughts. Thoughts that he would have preferred to avoid, for the time being - if he was dead, then surely, he would remember how. It was a hollow patch in his mind, and no matter how he willed it, the memory simply would not come.

Resigned acceptance, once again.

With nowhere else to turn and nothing else to occupy his hand, Kakyoin reached into his pocket and produced from it the Player Pin that he had received upon entry.

1643402684735.png

His brow furrowed slightly as he turned it over between his fingers, eyes looking over its symbol to hunt for any trace of meaning in the macabre design. For the moment, at least, he found nothing. The symbol was entirely foreign to him, but, then again, not much wasn't in this new Shibuya. Once more, he ran through what the one who had made him this offer in the first place had said. Seven days of challenges. If he was victorious, then what he wagered would be returned, and he would live again. If he failed... well, there was no use in thinking about it. With nothing left to occupy his time and his legs growing anxious, Kakyoin stood from the bench and recalled Hierophant Green, stowing his Player Pin in the pocket of his jacket and setting off down the park's path, unsure of where, exactly, he was going. The weight of the phone he had been assigned was comforting, at least. He would watch it intently, waiting for the first in a long line of tests to determine whether or not he would defy the reaper.

Squinting from the sun's glare and producing his shades from his pocket in turn, Kakyoin put them on, pushing them up the bridge of his nose as he went.

@udon

Reactions: Celestial Speck
The sizzling heat of the hot dog stand only intensified the hot dogs' delicious aroma. The vendor, who was a short, balding man with a moustache, smiled as you approached.

"Ah! Customers!" The man chuckled, only to nod when Shantae asked for a hot dog. "One hot dog, comin' right up!" He laughed as he turned around to grab one. Not with his bare hands, of course. With tongs, like a professional street vendor. Once it was safely in the bun, he gestured to the arrangement of condiments that were set up. "Whaddya want on it? We got mayo, mustard, ketchup... heh, we even got relish, if that's your thing!"

He also turned to the man who approached. Despite his appearance and smell, the vendor really didn't seem to mind. "And can I get you anything, sir?" He asked, smiling wide as he leaned on the stand.

@Second2Last @TruthHurts22

Shinji really couldn't tell that Orpheus was sad - mostly 'cuz of that helmet he had on. Well, at least, he couldn't tell at first. The way he spoke soon after clued him in pretty well, though. But despite the way he was talking, Shinji didn't really feel bad. Why should he? It's not his fault that he didn't remember the guy. Still, though, he'd rather not upset him any more. Best to change topics while he could.

t6QiEcg.png

"Well for one, you didn't scare me," Shinji replied, rather bluntly at that. He was just put off by the familiar name, was all. "But... more importantly..." Shinji looked up and tried to meet the other's gaze, but it was hard with the helmet in the way. "Why're you surprised to see me here?" Shinji adjusted his stance slightly, keeping his hands in his pockets as he did so. "It's clear that I died, just like you did. That's all there is to it."

@Izanagi243

I'll be
there!

were the good guys.

you?"

The voice shook its head

"I-....

@OPEN FOR INTERACTION
@PolikShadowbliss

@thatguyinthestore

Odessa stood up and looked around. A bunch of oddballs and stuff were milling about and none seemed to interest until she saw what. appeared to be a space marine. She walked over to him and said simply, "you died too, huh?" @dark
The Former Colonel of the Helghast eyed Odessa with his rebreather on, and debated if he needed the device here even after his so called "death".

The "blank space" spoke up, quite surprised in fact that the woman could see him.

He appeared from the "stealth" and reappeared. "Yes. By my own hand. The only honorable way to go."

@PolikShadowbliss
@thatguyinthestore
@OPENFORINTEREACTION

It was an expected answer. After all-- it couldn't be said that the two of them shared a similar vision of the things around them. She couldn't see her own lack of shadow, her own anchor to this world disappear. She didn't know anything, but It didn't know anything either. So in a way, both of them were ignorant in different ways. It was hilariously ironic.

"It means what I meant it is. That is, you're losing your Shadow. You don't see it, but--" the voice, somewhat closer, could certainly be identified as originating not too far from her. That is, near the shadows of the alleyways, where damp liquids and trash could be seen.

"-- there, your shadow is disappearing."

It was not. It was something Pyrrha couldn't understand by statements alone, but the entity didn't seem worried by the fact in the slightest.

It crept closer-- and under the sunlight, Pyrrha could see it more clearly. It came from the shadows-- quite literally, in fact. As if it was a part of it that was separating itself, much like a sea star ripping off its own limbs, creating new life. It was a little thing, no denser than actual shadow-- but if she were to stare too closely at it...

"...ah!"

A hiss as it sunk back into the shadow it originated from-- away from sight yet again. Curses and mumblings were thrown carelessly onto the world, as it ultimately slunk back into quiet silence.

"You, girl," It spoke directly at her once more. "Let me become your shadow for now. You'll have no use for yours while you're dead, and I need something to give me [form.] So let me become your shadow for now."

• Love
Reactions: Midle1998