• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.

MarilynFae

Edgesquire
Original poster
LURKER MEMBER
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Invitation Status
  1. Look for groups
  2. Looking for partners
Posting Speed
  1. Speed of Light
  2. Multiple posts per day
  3. 1-3 posts per day
  4. One post per day
  5. Multiple posts per week
Writing Levels
  1. Give-No-Fucks
  2. Intermediate
  3. Adept
  4. Advanced
  5. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
  3. Nonbinary
  4. Primarily Prefer Female

• The Beginning
    Many teenagers all around the world have been developing powers recently. There are some who can read mind, some who move things with their mind, and some who can see the future. Each and every power is unique and has its own little flaw, but the government is going crazy and trying to figure out why teenagers are developing these powers. They're poking teens with needles in hopes of finding some connection, but as far as they can see, they are random and there is no pattern.
    Seeing this as a good thing, the government welcomes the teens to a facility to learn more about them and offers them a place of safekeeping. They learn about a few different teenagers and began to stick them in on government jobs to use as a new weapon. That is until a huge star comes right for the earth and burst open, but instead of hurting anyone, it takes a few people. These people are random also, but the government targets the unique teens as a threat, and begins to worry.
    In confusion of this, they hurry to capture and/or kill any teenager who has or shows signs of developing odd or extraordinary abilities. Scared and confused, many teenagers, with and without abilities, began to flee and look somewhere safe. Somewhere where they will not only be accepted, but they will feel accepted. A place like Berkeley.

Berkeley
    Berkeley is a very unique place that not many people know about. That's because it only shows itself to the ones it wants. If it wants you there, you will be able to see the massive castle on each map you look at, and it is told that a trail will be shown to you to lead you there. Because Berkeley is not seen by many, the people who are inside are well protected and cared for. The only question is by who?
    Inside of Berkeley there are many different things going on, but the number one goal is to protect its people. Berkeley is not a house, but it is a city that has unique powers of its own. When it wants to be seen, it can show up wherever it is needed, whether it is in Japan or America. When it wants to be kept a secret, it makes itself disappear. For thousands of years, this city has lived off of the power of these teenagers who have been able to do and learn these unique abilities.
    The people inside of Berkeley is what makes it keep running, but recently it has been failing. The flowers are not growing back in the springtime, people without powers and who are not called to Berkeley have been able to see it, and the more it travels each day, the slower it gets. It's obvious to the members of Berkeley that something is obviously wrong, and it all started the same night as the star hit the earth and burt. Even the people who have lived in Berkeley their entire life have never seen anything like it, but it's up to the new set of teenagers to now save not only Berkeley, but the world too.

The Story
    When the government officials begin to notice that the teenagers are disappearing and are nowhere to be seen, the forces become more powerful and no one will rest until they have the teenagers. While searching for the unique powered kids, one by one, each government official who ever came in contact with the teens are disappearing along with the ones already gone in the ball of light.
    The remaining government officials blame this on the kids too, and are convinced that they are working with a larger power. Whether it be some kind of god, the devil, or who knows what else, they believe that there is no hope for them and begin to push the human population into safekeeping, trying to save them from the enemy, not realizing that the enemy was really themselves.
    Each teenager who receives a new ability was visited in the night by none other than the future. They have a mission for them, but can't let them know who is giving them these abilities. Each ability would come in use for the future war that would break out against the government and then people of the world. At the end of the visit, each kids mind was swept and was left with only fragments of that night, including their new ability. Now they are stuck to decide which side they would be on.
    The bad side, or the good side. Whichever side they choose, they will be placed in classes and learn to work with the other students, while training for the upcoming war that will decide whether good always ends, or if bad is getting the side of it now.

Dorms /Classes/Activities
    Each dorm is set up in such a way. There are four bedrooms, two bathrooms, one kitchen, one living room, and one dining room in each hall. The males and females will be split up into different halls and each gender has four halls.Each person who comes into Berkeley will be assigned a class and school based on their abilities. Each student will also be assigned a set schedule. There are many activities allowed, but you must have between two and three.
    New Members
    New Members are required to read each and every rule of the schools and of the creater's, MarilynFae. If you do not follow these rules, there are consequences. Rules can be found in the 'rule' tab.

• RulesIC, CS, OOC
    1. [BCOLOR=transparent]All Iwaku rules apply, no exceptions. [/BCOLOR]
    2. [BCOLOR=transparent]This is a teen friendly roleplay, so anything more than PG, take it to the PM.[/BCOLOR]
    3. [BCOLOR=transparent]If you are going to be gone for an extended period of time let me know, please.[/BCOLOR]
    4. [BCOLOR=transparent]Everyone is expected to post at least once a week per character. If you don't post within a week we will move on without you, and after three weeks your character will be booted.[/BCOLOR]
    5. [BCOLOR=transparent]We are looking for dedicated roleplayers. The minimum posting length within the IC is one paragraph of at least seven sentences, though anyone is welcome to post as much as they would like.[/BCOLOR]
    6. [BCOLOR=transparent]Drama is welcomed in the roleplay, but not out of it. Do not be causing arguments, fights, or disputes. If there is a problem, I will be the judge of it and take it into account fairly.[/BCOLOR]
    7. [BCOLOR=transparent]As the GM, I can make or edit the rules as needed, along with any of the roleplay, though I will let everyone know and be reasonable.[/BCOLOR]
    8. [BCOLOR=transparent]Relationships are allowed, and encouraged. We love romance and drama, but you must talk to the other person before shoving it upon them in the IC. [/BCOLOR]
    9. [BCOLOR=transparent]Use third person in the IC. [/BCOLOR]
    10. [BCOLOR=transparent]If you have read all of these rules, please add your character's favorite color on their character sheet. [/BCOLOR]
    11. [BCOLOR=transparent]Realistic Face Claims only. You can reserve face claims, though I will not reserve them forever.[/BCOLOR]
    12. [BCOLOR=transparent]As you create relationships with other characters, please try to remember to add them to your characters CS so other people can reference it if need be.[/BCOLOR]
    13. [BCOLOR=transparent]Characters should be between the ages of 15-20 years old. [/BCOLOR]
    14. [BCOLOR=transparent]I will reserve spots for everyone, but I will only reserve your spot for 3 days, then you must post a WIP. After your WIP is posted, you will have 12 days until I give your spot up.[/BCOLOR]
    15. [BCOLOR=transparent]4 character limit per person.[/BCOLOR]
    16. [BCOLOR=transparent]We are only accepting 32 characters, half of them male and the other half female.[/BCOLOR]
    17. [BCOLOR=transparent]Feel free to add anything to the CS that you'd like, but everything that is already on it must be included. [/BCOLOR]
    18. [BCOLOR=transparent]Everyone is required to have one year-long activity, as well as one of the fall OR spring activities. [/BCOLOR]
    19. [BCOLOR=transparent]Each character is only allowed one high position in the activities though (president, VP, Captain, Co-Captain). [/BCOLOR]
    20. [BCOLOR=transparent]There are eight allowed spots in each activity, there will not be an extension, so it is first come-first serve.[/BCOLOR]

Last edited:
  • Nice Execution!
  • Thank You
Reactions: Brea and PinkMilk
Brea. . . Is it possible for you to go over your entire CS and darken the text color? :X

My text color is white. . . So I can't really read anything xD
Arg, I just copied one of my other CS's and then changed the info in it so I didn't have to redo the coding, so I thought the color would be fine. Sorry about that! Anyways, should be fixed now.

Last edited:
@Brea Peter and Najeeb should totally be friends. They're heads of the equestrian team so they'd def bond over horses and stuff, and they'd have a lot of time to hang out too due to club work :D

Reactions: Brea
@Brea Peter and Najeeb should totally be friends. They're heads of the equestrian team so they'd def bond over horses and stuff, and they'd have a lot of time to hang out too due to club work :D
Sounds doable :) Give me a moment to look over Najeeb's CS to make sure they'd be compatible as friends, but I don't see why not.

[BCOLOR=#800000]Relationship Proposals.[/BCOLOR]​
I've gone through and read all the CS's, and this is just how I think our characters would interact with each other. Feel free to decline my ideas and suggest your own. If you approve of the proposals you can rate this post however you want, or reply to this post letting me know you're okay with it. Don't rate unless you approve, because if you do I'm going to add the relationships I suggested to my CS's. If I don't get a reply within a few days I'll bug you again just to make sure you saw it, and if you still don't reply I'll just list them as neutral.

@MarilynFae
  • Bailey Grisham
    • Bridget - They'll be in newspaper together, I think these two would really get along. Friends?
    • Phoebe - I think they'd get along, but she isn't the type Phoebe would get super close to. Friendly Neutral?
    • Peter - They'll be in art club together, and one of her hobbies is riding horses. I can see them getting along really well. Friends?
  • James Grisham
    • Bridget - Honestly, she'd find him intimidating and would try to stay out of his way. Neutral?
    • Phoebe - They'll both be captaining the dance team together. I think these two would get along swimmingly, actually. Friends?
    • Peter - I don't see Peter caring much about him, but he would be friendly towards him, especially since they'll be teammates for baseball. Friendly Neutral?
  • Isabelle Johnson
    • Bridget - Hm, I can see them getting along, but Belle might be a little too social for Bridget to want to hang out with her often. Buddies?
    • Phoebe - They'll have dance and volleyball together. These two are very similar, I can see them quickly becoming best friends?
    • Peter - Friendly Neutral, I think.
  • Alexandria Jones
    • Bridget - They'll be in student council together. I think these two are very similar and would get along. I can picture them sitting silently together in class and eventually becoming friends?
    • Phoebe - She's someone Phoebe would likely just look right over. Neutral?
    • Peter - They'll have art club together. I think Peter and her would make good friends.
  • Ethan Coleman
    • Bridget -Friendly Neutral?
    • Phoebe - I think Phoebe and him would click, friends?
    • Peter - Friends again? Peter would like the guy.
  • Greyson Coleman
    • Bridget - We already talked about this, but i figured I'd repeat it in case other people are gonna read this. They'll start off as love interests for a very short time, and then break up and become friends.
    • Phoebe - In comparison to his bother, Phoebe would probably find Ethan slightly boring. But, she wouldn't mind him. Friendly neutral?
    • Peter - Friends?

@MAD KING JAI
  • Cairo Ra Ali
    • Bridget - They'll both be in Student Council together, and she'll be managing the football team. While he has a lot of good qualities she would like, his negative ones over shine them. He would really annoy her. Unfriendly neutral?
    • Phoebe - Oh my God Phoebe would seriously HATE this dude. Enemies?
    • Peter - Peter wouldn't like him, but he's not really a hateful person either. Neutral?
  • Rainbow Versace
    • Bridget - He's really friendly, but Bridget is perhaps too shy for him? Friendly neutral?
    • Phoebe - They'll be in cheerleading and dance together. I can see them being great friends?
    • Peter - Hm, Peter would like him, but I suspect Rainbow can be a little overbearing at times. Buddies?
  • Jorge Ramirez
    • Bridget - Bridget would like him, but probably wouldn't approach him. Friendly neutral?
    • Phoebe - Phoebe would really like this guy. They seem to have similar personalities. Friends?
    • Peter - They'll be roommates! And will have Baseball together. I feel like sometimes Jorge would get on his nerves, but other than that they'd be cool. Buddies?

@lxngdon
  • Elcie Carstairs
    • Bridget - They'll be in track and field together. She seems like the type anyone could get along with. Friends?
    • Phoebe - Phoebe would really like her. Friends?
    • Peter - Friendly Neutral? They'd be chill, but I don't think Peter would go looking for her company.
  • Brianna Blackthorn
    • Bridget - I feel like they could relate easily. Friends?
    • Phoebe - Phoebe wouldn't pay her much attention, I don't think. Neutral?
    • Peter - Peter would like her, and he'd also naturally feel the desire to protect her from meanies. Maybe they could grow to be best friends? Actually if she doesn't already have one, would you be interested in love interests?
  • Jasper Erondale
    • Bridget - They'll be in the Student Council together. Bridget loves learning new things, so she'll probably be really intrigued by him. Buddies, maybe?
    • Phoebe - Meh, know-it-alls aren't Phoebe's thing. She'd hate that he has to argue with teachers over everything. Enemies?
    • Peter - They'll both be in the equestrian and art club together. But, I don't really see them clicking. Neutral?
  • Eden Lightwood-Morgenstern
    • Bridget - I don't see them getting along at first, but Bridget would grow to like him. I could see him dragging her out to be more social. Maybe they could grow to be friends, and eventual besties?
    • Phoebe - They'll both be in cheerleading. Phoebe wouldn't mind him, really. Friendly neutral?
    • Peter - Another neutral? He may be too social for Peter to go looking for a friendship here.

@adriana
  • Jameson De Vito
    • Bridget - They'll have track and field together. I see these two clashing whenever they have to interact. Enemies?
    • Phoebe - They're both captains for the dance club. Phoebe would really like her, actually. Friends?
    • Peter - Peter would probably just try to stay out of her way. Neutral?
  • Jerome De Vito
    • Bridget - They'll have newspaper together. I think Bridget would like him, honestly. Friends?
    • Phoebe - I don't think she'd pay him much mind. Neutral?
    • Peter - They'll have baseball club together. Buddies, maybe?
  • Aldren Gilchrist
    • Bridget - Honestly, I think he and Bridget would hit it off right away? Maybe they could become instant friends, and then be eventual love interests? Bridget is going to have a very short lived fling with Marilyn's character Greyson, but after that maybe they could develop feelings for each other? Let me know what you think.
    • Phoebe - Meh, he's quiet so she wouldn't pay him much mind. Neutral?
    • Peter - I think they'd get along great, actually. They're kinda similar. Friends?
  • Violetta Asakhova
    • Bridget - I don't see them hating each other, but I don't think Bridget would like her much either. Friendly neutral?
    • Phoebe - I can see them being friends, actually. Phoebe likes to surround herself with outgoing people like her.
    • Peter - They'll be in art club together, as well as baseball. I think they'd get along well. Friends?

@CrystalTears
  • Oliver Page
    • Bridget - They'll be in track and field together. I think they'd get along, but maybe not hang out too terribly much. Buddies?
    • Phoebe - Hm, she'd like him, but I don't think she'd seek out his company. Friendly Neutral?
    • Peter - They'll have art club together. I can see them getting along quite well, actually. Friends?
  • Ethan Price
    • Bridget - They're both heads of Student Council. They have a lot of similarities and I think would get along quite well. Friends?
    • Phoebe - They'll have dance and volleyball together. She'd like him, but probably wouldn't seek him out to hang out unless there was no one else. Buddies?
    • Peter - Peter would like him. Friends?
  • Alexander Crow
    • Bridget - They're both in newspaper. But, I think she might find him too intimidating to befriend. Friendly neutral?
    • Phoebe - Phoebe would like him, I think. Friends?
    • Peter - They'll both be in the equestrian club. Peter would like him, but I don't think he'd seek his company. Friendly neutral?

@Stargazer
  • Annabeth Ledger
    • Bridget - They'll have newspaper together. I can see them being friends?
    • Phoebe - Neutral?
    • Peter - I feel like she'd learnt o grow comfortable around Peter, just cause he has the type of personality to help people feel more at ease. Buddies?
  • Eadlyn Chase
    • Bridget -They'll be in newspaper and track and field together. Friends?
    • Phoebe - Buddies?
    • Peter - Friends?

@MaryGold
  • Caressa Harper
    • Bridget - Usually Bridget befriends loners, because she is also one, but Caressa would really be a downer. Friendly Neutral, maybe?
    • Phoebe - They'll be in volleyball together. But Phoebe would honestly hate her. Enemies?
    • Peter - They both are in the art club. Another friendly neutral? She seems to have too many walls for Peter to get close to her, but he'd still be nice.
  • Sabrina Fawn
    • Bridget - They both are in student council. But, Bridget will see how she is and avoid her at all costs... except for, they'll be living in the same hall. Maybe we could start them off as neutral and see how they act in the IC and go from there?
    • Phoebe - They're both cheerleaders. Ooo, Phoebe would hate her. So much. And Phoebe's not quiet about stuff like that. Enemies?
    • Peter - They'll both be in the equestrian club. Peter isn't a hateful person, but he wouldn't be able to stand her. Enemies?
  • Nickerson Gilmore
    • Bridget - They're both in Newspaper. I think they'd really get along. Friends?
    • Phoebe - Phoebe would really like him. Buddies?
    • Peter - They'll have baseball together. He's a very likable person and Peter would like having him around. Friends?
  • Bartholomew Martins
    • Bridget - They'll be in track and field and newspaper together. I think these two could grow to be friends.
    • Phoebe - She won't mind him, but I don't picture her interacting with him often. Friendly Neutral?
    • Peter - Although Bart's constant flirting would get annoying, Peter would still enjoy his company. Friends?
  • Charlotte Willow
    • Bridget - Bridget would like her, but would probably shy away when she starts to pull other people into a conversation with them.Just because Charlotte seems like the type to include everyone. So, maybe buddies?
    • Phoebe - Roommates! I think Phoebe would oddly like her, a lot. I think they could grow to be really, really good friends. Maybe even Best Friends?
    • Peter - They'll both be in the equestrian and art club. She's easy to get along with, Peter will like her. Friends?

@Indabayou
  • Ximena Ortiz
    • Bridget - I think they'd get along, but wouldn't look for opportunities to hand out. Friendly Neutral?
    • Phoebe - They'll both be in cheerleading. I can see Phoebe liking her more than most other girls on the squad. Friends?
    • Peter - Peter would like her, but I don't think they'd hang out often. Friendly Neutral?
  • Najeeb Chopra
    • Bridget - They'll both be in newspaper. Bridget wouldn't mind him, but I don't think they'd be friends. Friendly Neutral?
    • Peter - You suggested these two be friends, and I agree. They'll definitely click. I could even see them being best friends?

@kryptonicangel
  • Philomena Valdis
    • Bridget - They're roommates, and Bridget would like her, but wouldn't really have a desire to be friends. Friendly Neutral?
    • Phoebe - They'll have volleyball and cheerleading together. Phoebe would be suspicious of her, honestly. She wouldn't really like her. Enemies?
    • Peter - They'll both have art club together. He might find her obnoxious, but wouldn't dislike her unless she gave him a reason. Neutral?
  • Aramis Calvin
    • Bridget - They'll both be in newspaper, and tack and field. Oh, and she'll manage the football team, so they'll be seeing a lot of each other. And, I think they'd get along well. Perhaps best friends for these two?
    • Phoebe - Hm, Phoebe would probably just overlook him. Neutral?
    • Peter - They'll be roommates. I don't see Peter getting to know him too well, but I do think they'd get along just fine. Friendly neutral?

Last edited:

• Ximena Ortiz
    • Bridget - I think they'd get along, but wouldn't look for opportunities to hand out. Friendly Neutral?
    • Phoebe - They'll both be in cheerleading. I can see Phoebe liking her more than most other girls on the squad. Friends?
    • Peter - Peter would like her, but I don't think they'd hang out often. Friendly Neutral?
  • Najeeb Chopra
    • Bridget - They'll both be in newspaper. Bridget wouldn't mind him, but I don't think they'd be friends. Friendly Neutral?
    • Peter - You suggested these two be friends, and I agree. They'll definitely click. I could even see them being best friends?

Sounds good to me!

• Thank You
I'm sorry guys but I am going to have to leave this rp. I think right now I need to hold back on how many rps I join because I am still not in the best head space which might explain why I can't think up posts for this rp and I hate doing this but I am going to have to drop. Good luck and sorry for all the people that had relationships with my chars. Right now I think I need to set my limit on rps a little lower than my usual, since it's only going to make it less fun to rp than it should.

Reactions: Indabayou
So what's happening here?

Right now I am out with my grandfather who is currently not doing well. I should be back fully Sunday, but with the condition he is in, I cannot promise anything. So until then, we are pausing this. I forgot to pass the message along to the thread, I'm sorry.

Right now I am out with my grandfather who is currently not doing well. I should be back fully Sunday, but with the condition he is in, I cannot promise anything. So until then, we are pausing this. I forgot to pass the message along to the thread, I'm sorry.
It's okay

I hope your grandfather gets well soon.

Reactions: MarilynFae
I hope your grandfather gets better lovely!

Status
Not open for further replies.