• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.

MarilynFae

Edgesquire
Original poster
LURKER MEMBER
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Invitation Status
  1. Look for groups
  2. Looking for partners
Posting Speed
  1. Speed of Light
  2. Multiple posts per day
  3. 1-3 posts per day
  4. One post per day
  5. Multiple posts per week
Writing Levels
  1. Give-No-Fucks
  2. Intermediate
  3. Adept
  4. Advanced
  5. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
  3. Nonbinary
  4. Primarily Prefer Female

• The Beginning
    Many teenagers all around the world have been developing powers recently. There are some who can read mind, some who move things with their mind, and some who can see the future. Each and every power is unique and has its own little flaw, but the government is going crazy and trying to figure out why teenagers are developing these powers. They're poking teens with needles in hopes of finding some connection, but as far as they can see, they are random and there is no pattern.
    Seeing this as a good thing, the government welcomes the teens to a facility to learn more about them and offers them a place of safekeeping. They learn about a few different teenagers and began to stick them in on government jobs to use as a new weapon. That is until a huge star comes right for the earth and burst open, but instead of hurting anyone, it takes a few people. These people are random also, but the government targets the unique teens as a threat, and begins to worry.
    In confusion of this, they hurry to capture and/or kill any teenager who has or shows signs of developing odd or extraordinary abilities. Scared and confused, many teenagers, with and without abilities, began to flee and look somewhere safe. Somewhere where they will not only be accepted, but they will feel accepted. A place like Berkeley.

Berkeley
    Berkeley is a very unique place that not many people know about. That's because it only shows itself to the ones it wants. If it wants you there, you will be able to see the massive castle on each map you look at, and it is told that a trail will be shown to you to lead you there. Because Berkeley is not seen by many, the people who are inside are well protected and cared for. The only question is by who?
    Inside of Berkeley there are many different things going on, but the number one goal is to protect its people. Berkeley is not a house, but it is a city that has unique powers of its own. When it wants to be seen, it can show up wherever it is needed, whether it is in Japan or America. When it wants to be kept a secret, it makes itself disappear. For thousands of years, this city has lived off of the power of these teenagers who have been able to do and learn these unique abilities.
    The people inside of Berkeley is what makes it keep running, but recently it has been failing. The flowers are not growing back in the springtime, people without powers and who are not called to Berkeley have been able to see it, and the more it travels each day, the slower it gets. It's obvious to the members of Berkeley that something is obviously wrong, and it all started the same night as the star hit the earth and burt. Even the people who have lived in Berkeley their entire life have never seen anything like it, but it's up to the new set of teenagers to now save not only Berkeley, but the world too.

The Story
    When the government officials begin to notice that the teenagers are disappearing and are nowhere to be seen, the forces become more powerful and no one will rest until they have the teenagers. While searching for the unique powered kids, one by one, each government official who ever came in contact with the teens are disappearing along with the ones already gone in the ball of light.
    The remaining government officials blame this on the kids too, and are convinced that they are working with a larger power. Whether it be some kind of god, the devil, or who knows what else, they believe that there is no hope for them and begin to push the human population into safekeeping, trying to save them from the enemy, not realizing that the enemy was really themselves.
    Each teenager who receives a new ability was visited in the night by none other than the future. They have a mission for them, but can't let them know who is giving them these abilities. Each ability would come in use for the future war that would break out against the government and then people of the world. At the end of the visit, each kids mind was swept and was left with only fragments of that night, including their new ability. Now they are stuck to decide which side they would be on.
    The bad side, or the good side. Whichever side they choose, they will be placed in classes and learn to work with the other students, while training for the upcoming war that will decide whether good always ends, or if bad is getting the side of it now.

Dorms /Classes/Activities
    Each dorm is set up in such a way. There are four bedrooms, two bathrooms, one kitchen, one living room, and one dining room in each hall. The males and females will be split up into different halls and each gender has four halls.Each person who comes into Berkeley will be assigned a class and school based on their abilities. Each student will also be assigned a set schedule. There are many activities allowed, but you must have between two and three.
    New Members
    New Members are required to read each and every rule of the schools and of the creater's, MarilynFae. If you do not follow these rules, there are consequences. Rules can be found in the 'rule' tab.

• RulesIC, CS, OOC
    1. [BCOLOR=transparent]All Iwaku rules apply, no exceptions. [/BCOLOR]
    2. [BCOLOR=transparent]This is a teen friendly roleplay, so anything more than PG, take it to the PM.[/BCOLOR]
    3. [BCOLOR=transparent]If you are going to be gone for an extended period of time let me know, please.[/BCOLOR]
    4. [BCOLOR=transparent]Everyone is expected to post at least once a week per character. If you don't post within a week we will move on without you, and after three weeks your character will be booted.[/BCOLOR]
    5. [BCOLOR=transparent]We are looking for dedicated roleplayers. The minimum posting length within the IC is one paragraph of at least seven sentences, though anyone is welcome to post as much as they would like.[/BCOLOR]
    6. [BCOLOR=transparent]Drama is welcomed in the roleplay, but not out of it. Do not be causing arguments, fights, or disputes. If there is a problem, I will be the judge of it and take it into account fairly.[/BCOLOR]
    7. [BCOLOR=transparent]As the GM, I can make or edit the rules as needed, along with any of the roleplay, though I will let everyone know and be reasonable.[/BCOLOR]
    8. [BCOLOR=transparent]Relationships are allowed, and encouraged. We love romance and drama, but you must talk to the other person before shoving it upon them in the IC. [/BCOLOR]
    9. [BCOLOR=transparent]Use third person in the IC. [/BCOLOR]
    10. [BCOLOR=transparent]If you have read all of these rules, please add your character's favorite color on their character sheet. [/BCOLOR]
    11. [BCOLOR=transparent]Realistic Face Claims only. You can reserve face claims, though I will not reserve them forever.[/BCOLOR]
    12. [BCOLOR=transparent]As you create relationships with other characters, please try to remember to add them to your characters CS so other people can reference it if need be.[/BCOLOR]
    13. [BCOLOR=transparent]Characters should be between the ages of 15-20 years old. [/BCOLOR]
    14. [BCOLOR=transparent]I will reserve spots for everyone, but I will only reserve your spot for 3 days, then you must post a WIP. After your WIP is posted, you will have 12 days until I give your spot up.[/BCOLOR]
    15. [BCOLOR=transparent]4 character limit per person.[/BCOLOR]
    16. [BCOLOR=transparent]We are only accepting 32 characters, half of them male and the other half female.[/BCOLOR]
    17. [BCOLOR=transparent]Feel free to add anything to the CS that you'd like, but everything that is already on it must be included. [/BCOLOR]
    18. [BCOLOR=transparent]Everyone is required to have one year-long activity, as well as one of the fall OR spring activities. [/BCOLOR]
    19. [BCOLOR=transparent]Each character is only allowed one high position in the activities though (president, VP, Captain, Co-Captain). [/BCOLOR]
    20. [BCOLOR=transparent]There are six allowed spots in each activity, there will not be an extension, so it is first come-first serve.[/BCOLOR]

Last edited:

[bg=#a8a8a8]

"I'm not a dance floor. You can't just waltz in and out of my life as you please."
[/bg]

• tumblr_nfg283rQRe1rx2yydo4_250.gif
    tumblr_lwd74lk7R51r8nwivo4_250.gif
    tumblr_lwd7eesKzp1r8nwivo1_250.gif
    tumblr_inline_nq9k1qNMME1rdfu1x_500.gif

[bg=#ffffff]

Full Name:
    "Mom picked first name, dad picked middle name. I think it flows."
    . Peter Ivan Thompson .

Nickname(s):
    "I've only really got one, and not many people use it."
    . Pete .

"I know I'm more sensitive, but I'm no girl."
    . Male .

Sexuality:
    "What can I say? Girls are amazing."
    . Heterosexual .

"Technically I'm an adult, but I'll always be young at heart."
    . 19 .

Birthday:
    "May is a beautiful month, don't you think?"
    . May 13th .

Class Schedule:
    "Math is fine, I guess."
    . TBA .
    , Elective: Math .

[/bg]

• tumblr_inline_nq9k2evAZ21rdfu1x_500.gif
    tumblr_inline_nq9k2q2lQg1rdfu1x_500.gif
    tumblr_inline_nq9k1y0LiW1rdfu1x_500.gif
    tumblr_inline_nq9k2kbhOS1rdfu1x_500.gif

[bg=#ffffff]

Wallcrawling

Overview
    latest
    Peter has the ability to scale surfaces unassisted. This basically means he can climb onto the wall and ceiling without climbing equipment.
    Limitations
    Ceiling.gif
    He must touch his skin to the surface he is climbing- meaning he must take off shoes and not wear gloves. Also, if the surface is wet he has a harder time staying in place, and may slide down the surface while still sticking to it. This frustrates him, which often distracts him and then he disconnects from the surface altogether.
    Weaknesses
    f67360644f8b233dcff24702f54ef0b27bae38b7_hq.gif
    This ability does not mean Peter defy's gravity, and so if he is distracted her could forget to control his ability and fall from his spot. It takes a lot of focus, because Peter must be able to maintain his balance the entire time. If he cannot do so he 'unsticks,' and falls. Balance is the thing Peter struggles with the most, as he is naturally clumsy.

[/bg]

• tumblr_m8q610qtrT1qavx6vo5_r1_250.gif
    tumblr_m8q610qtrT1qavx6vo3_250.gif
    tumblr_m8q610qtrT1qavx6vo4_250.gif
    tumblr_m8q610qtrT1qavx6vo1_250.gif

[bg=#ffffff]

FC: Hunter Parrish

Hair Color:
    "My roots have always been darker, it's weird."
    . Dirty Blond .

Eye Color:
    "Yeah, yeah. Blond hair, blue eyes."
    . Light Blue .

Weight:
    "I don't ever really check my weight. I'm not very concerned."
    . 148 lbs .

Height:
    "I'm not tall, but I'm not short either."
    . 5'7'' .

Distinguishing Features:
    "I know, I look like a lot of people. I'm pretty bland."
    . Has freckles on his shoulders.
    . Tattoo on Right Bicep
    [spoili]
    e5d67277831836ef23cc9b11cc97149d.jpg
    [/spoili] .

Health Aliments:
    "You know, other than a weird mutation that allows me to climb walls?"
    . Has night terrors during periods of great stress .

[/bg]

• tumblr_n0qsha1HKn1qboiilo3_250.gif
    tumblr_nrfy8jPMsb1uta0qzo5_250.gif
    tumblr_n61oy5jQTk1s1bft7o4_250.gif

[bg=#ffffff]

Personality:
    "I like to think I'm pretty easy going."
    . It's no secret that Peter has a gentle heart. He's very thoughtful and selfless, usually putting the needs of other people before his own. Peter can sometimes be very clumsy, and often overlooks little details. He can be very forgetful, but if you stress the importance of something he does make more of an effort to remember it. He is not very secretive, as he expresses his thoughts either verbally or clearly on his face- except for when it is inappropriate to do so, of course. Determined and quick -minded, Peter is good at thinking of solutions to problems as they arise. He likes to face things head-on instead of putting it off to become a bigger problem down the road. Peter is very tough and professional, often mistaken for being an overly-serious person. However, when he gets the chance, he does enjoy to goof off a little. He enjoys the company of others, as he has always been a social person. Peter is understanding and also a bit gullible, as he believes almost everything he is told. He is friendly to everyone and very forgiving, because he's not very good at holding a grudge .

"I've always had a liking for animals. They're usually much nicer than humans."
    . Headphones, Animals, The Stars, Blankets, Large Silverware, Warm Drinks, Movies, and Jokes .

Dislikes:
    "I know I should be compassionate for sick people but I just... can't."
    . Cold Days, the Rain, Being Yelled At, Blood, Loud Noises, Mud, Shorts, and Sick People .

Hobbies:
    "What is this 'hobbies' you speak of?"
    . Reading, Laying Outside, Horseback Riding and Hiking .

Secrets:
    "I like to think I have nothing to hide."
    . It's not really a secret, but Peter doesn't actively tell people he grew up on a farm .
    . There was a girl who lived a mile down the road from his home, and he had a huge crush on her. She's the only person he can remember really having a crush on .
    . Tries to keep his night terrors a secret, though anyone who sleeps by him will likely find out. He will probably deny it if confronted .
    . Used to fantasize about living in the city until he visited it and hated it .
    . Regularly listens to country music- though if asked he will say he listens to more mainstream music .
    . Always sleeps with some kind of light source on, because he dislikes the dark .

Fears:
    "Lightning is freaky, man."
    . Ever since he was a boy Peter has had a distinct dislike for lightning. He doesn't enjoy swimming, as he has a fear of drowning, and also is a slight 'germaphobe.' He really, really hates germs. Peter fears darkness as well, because he doesn't like not being able to see what is going on .

Strengths:
    "Are you referring to physical strengths, or everything over all?"
    . Unlike many people, Peter is not afraid to show the world who he is. He doesn't back down from a challenge, and has thus developed strong problem solving skills. He's knowledgeable about animals, and posses a great sense of direction. Usually, Peter is able to read people rather easily, especially their facial expressions .

Weaknesses:
    "I mean, I'm kind of a vulnerable guy sometimes."
    . Peter is fully aware of his clumsiness, and yet he still finds himself tripping over his own feet. He isn't afraid of putting his opinions and feelings out there, which makes him vulnerable and easy to criticize. Usually avoiding fights, Peter is often seen as a coward. He does a poor job of hiding his emotions, and so sometimes his own facial expressions will get him into trouble. He's also a little sensitive, taking things straight to the heart .

Habits:
    "I don't really notice my habits? Maybe I don't have any."
    . crunches his nose when he is trying not to laugh .
    . Rubs his shoulders when he is angry or upset .
    . Making jokes at his own expense to cheer other people up .

[/bg]

• tumblr_mzzh5e8P341qbngkjo7_250.gif
    tumblr_mzpo8nOaTa1r8c12ko5_250.gif
    tumblr_mzzh5e8P341qbngkjo4_250.gif

[bg=#ffffff]

Growing up on a farm is slightly different than most people imagine. Richard Thompson worked at a rodeo in his town from the time he was sixteen until he was twenty three. The rodeo was where he met his wife, Quin, who actually grew up in the city. She moved to his little town two years prior to them meeting. The two hit it off immediately, and after three years of dating the two got married.

Only a year after the wedding did they adopt their first son, Otis. Quin's best friend has died in a car accident, and Quin just so happened to be the godmother of the 9 month old child. At first Otis drove a wedge between Quin and Richard, but it only took a few months for that wedge to be aided. Quin herself was pregnant, and somehow knowing they were going to have a child of their own helped the pair to actually love their adoptive son.

Peter was born to the couple when Otis was two. Otis and Peter always knew they were not blood related, but they each thought of each other as brothers. Two years after Peter was born Quin and Richard had yet another son, Brendan. The three boys did almost everything together.

The farm Peter grew up on had been inherited by his father when he was 27, so Peter never knew what it was like to live any other place. The family grew the crops and sold them at a local farmer's market. They also had chickens and horses. At age six Peter learned how to ride a horse, and he loved it very much. The farm had other farms around it, and so Peter and his brothers had other children around to play with as they grew up.

School was never hard for Peter, but it was also never easy. Like many other children, he had subjects he was very good at, and other subjects he was very bad at. From a young age he wanted to be a veterinarian, because he always had a love for animals. His father, however, wanted him to take on the farm when he could no longer take care of it.

When Peter was nine a horse on his farm had a baby, and that horse was given to Peter, and he named her Penelope. His main chores were collecting the eggs from the chicken coop in the morning, and taking care of Penelope after school. By the time he was twelve he began training his horse, and sometimes would enter in competitions. He never won any first place prizes, but Peter mostly participated to have fun, so he was never too hurt about it.

He was given his ability by a glowing light one night. At first he believed it to be a dream, but one day he jumped up to touch the wall as he entered the barn, and ended up sticking there. He freaked out and instantly fell to the ground. The days following he spent experimenting with his new ability, and on one occasion Otis came into the barn while he was halfway up the wall. Again, Peter fell in a panic. But Otis had already seen what Peter could do. The two made a pact not to tell anyone, because of the recent happening's involving the government and people with ability's. Shortly after, Peter came to Berkley...
    [/bg]

• tumblr_ng2j5kJ6LL1r5dwojo1_250.gif
    tumblr_nl65ncSXox1s6um5fo5_250.gif
    tumblr_nl65ncSXox1s6um5fo3_250.gif

[bg=#ffffff]

Dorm Room:
    "I mean... having roommates won't be too bad, I don't think.
    . TBA .

[spoili]
    1532eb203f1a4cd9d462bda461b3a522.jpg
    [/spoili]
    [spoili]
    4e10580e94124401077fe60811763ee2.jpg
    [/spoili]

Activities:
    "I think being involved is important."
    Year Long: Art Club
    Spring: Base-Ball Co-Captain
    Fall: Equestrian Club Co-Captain

[/bg]

• tumblr_inline_myrb09bd7t1rurzru.gif
    tumblr_lvevhapJjY1qb9beqo1_250.gif
    tumblr_lvevhapJjY1qb9beqo6_250.gif
    tumblr_me4645t4UT1r2a2q3o2_250.gif

[bg=#ffffff]

Love Interests:
    . TBA .

Friends:
    . Najeeb Chopra - Best Friends .

Neutral:
    . Ximena Ortez - Friendly Neutral .

Enemies:
    . TBA .

Family:

. Mother - Quin Thompson - 45 - Farmer [spoili]
    17eavs.jpg
    [/spoili] .
    . Father - Richard Thompson - 46 - Farmer
    [spoili]
    .1.gif
    [/spoili] .
    . Older Brother - Otis Thompson - 21 - Gives Horse Riding Lessons
    [spoili]
    hot-canadian-actors-alexander-ludwig.gif
    [/spoili] .
    Younger Brother - Brendan Thompson - 17
    [spoili]
    tumblr_ni13tzgltH1r7d7b2o1_500.gif
    [/spoili] .
    [/bg]

• tumblr_inline_myrb0lvF6r1rurzru.gif
    tumblr_inline_myrb196mdb1rurzru.gif
    tumblr_inline_myrb1bOXzk1rurzru.gif
    tumblr_inline_myrb17cGyg1rurzru.gif

[bg=#ffffff]

Other:
    "I feel like I've shared more than I ever have."
    . Feels very connected to horses .
    . Usually hums whenever he works .
    . When he was born his hair was brown .
    . His younger brother is biological, but his older brother was adopted .

Favorite Color:
    "I like the sky, so naturally it's my favorite color."
    . Sky Blue .

[/bg]

[bg=#a8a8a8]"You can suck my ass."
[/bg]

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.