Crimson City

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Donovan Gates Myers

For the most part, everyone was compliant. His mind started think of this in terms of a video game. So Andrea was a tank, like him. Mia was a flyer. Good for scouting and stuff. Kai was good for stealth. Damon was...kind of lackluster. Don just sort of assumed he had other skills or was lying. Either way they would find out soon enough. When the speech about being a stand-in came across, he suppose it wasn't his call say one way or another. As long as he actually pulled his weight that it didn't matter to him.

It seemed he was the last one to showcase what that explosion gave to him. Walking in front of the glass, part of him wanted to do something creative. He walked over to the car, looking it up and down. Stepping to the trunk, he decided to punch through the metal and rip the top of it off, before tossing it to the side. Finding some jumper cables, he snatched them up and moved to the hood. The hood was then gone as well and he hooked himself up to the car battery.

"Ready? Watch this." He electricity started to spark about him and the car then turned on with radio and all. All the while he had a huge grin, before undoing the cables. "Ta-da!" He did a little jig and came back over.

Don took to the snacks quite well. He was an eater, after all. When Tweeninator came back, she gave them praise and continued to brief them. He was silent as she continued, aside from the food being chewed.

Michael James Stranger
Interaction: Mansion Group |
Mention: Damon @Akashi and Archer @Lulunopia | Attire: Comfy Casual | Location: Peterson Mansion

Michael kept a careful eye on the proceedings, taking mental notes as the individuals who remained took their turn in the testing chambers. In dawned on him, after watching an example of super strength and transformation, that this seemed far more suited for a comic book than reality. In fact, Michael couldn't help but recall a particular group of heroes, individuals who lives a a mansion kind of like this one. Mutants is what they were referred to in that universe. Rather actuate know that Michael thought about it. Michael's inner child might of found this realization to be a dream come true but the adult in him knew better than that. These mutations, while offering some good, could also spell disaster for the city. From what the scientist has seen so far, at least two or three of the powers demonstrated so far could be dangerous... save for transforming into a cat. That could just be harmful in other ways. Like stealing food and squatting in oblivious people's homes.

Michael's mouth quirked, not at all upset about it. In fact, if anything, Michael found it humorous that he had been tricked at all and he can't quite say he didn't regret anything... except perhaps his invasion of privacy. Its not like he cared too much of his image anyway, he didn't participate in illegal or embarrassing activities. As Kai left the Testing Chambers, Michael stepped forward, nodding to Lester and Miss Peterson. "I'm up next then?" He hummed, taking off his jacket and resting on the table, stepping in.

Michael walked into the center of the room, fishing out his phone. He held it up, screen facing the crowd watching. "I am basically a walking battery pack. I can convert whatever energy I come in contact with into a different form of energy. In this case," He glances to his phone, "I can convert solar energy into power for my phone, kinda like a solar panel." The phone was fully charged, he could give them a better demonstration when the sun came out later. "Put me out in the sun and I can keep pretty much any device fully charged, even on cloudy days, the solar energy isn't every strong though. Fortunately, if I have other energy sources available I can use those." Putting his phone away Michael gestured to the tennis ball launcher Lester had brought it. A safer alternative to other projectile launchers... for the moment. He'll try out more dangerous methods later for his own gain.

"I can also turn kinetic energy into something else...," He nodded to the butler, eyes keenly fixed on the machine. When Lester flipped the switch, a fuzzy neon blur flew across the room straight for the scientist. Michael held up his hand, allowing the ball to collide into it. Instead of feeling the force strike his hand however, a bright light emitted from his palm. The young man had been prepared though, opening his eyes to glance back at the crowd again. "If you were to look at a reply of that in slow motion you'll find that the ball stops just before touching my hand, kind of like the way an object loses velocity at the apex of a throw." He explained, leaning down to pick up the ball. "I turned the ball's kinetic energy into light energy, halting its momentum." A neat trick sure, but Michael had his suspicions on whether or not that could work on larger objects, converting energy takes time and focus after all. A speeding car would be a challenge to stop, he could slow it down though, maybe lessen the damage. Definitely something to look into.

"This works with plenty of other energy sources, and hypothetically, with one's I did not have the opportunity to test it on." That was probably as much as he would explain aloud, if Miss Peterson was as keen and observant as he suspected, Michael was certain she would figure out the rest. As for the others... he was less eager to reveal all of his cards such as the physical strain convert had on his body or the fact that his own body's systems could be used as a back up source should he find himself in a tight spot. No, not until Michael figured out who he could trust, for now he'll just stay quiet. Stepping out of the room, the young scientist retrieved his coat, sliding it back on. After the rest of the 'gifted' had their turn of show and tell, Miss Peterson divided them into their teams. Michael was slightly pleased to be part of the smaller one. His eyes sought out his teammates, taking mental notes once again. Hmm... Archer and Damon, huh?

Reactions: QUEENIE
⌊Eleanor Peterson⌉
NPC
▪ Training day

Eleanor's cheeks flushed. Her age showed through for just a moment. She hadn't planned on explaining how she had been watching them, it was slight embarassing. "Cameras," she confessed. Looking at each of them, she felt that she was obligated to explain further. "First, I will ease you mind by stating anything personal I have not seen... only your abilities. I created a software program to sift through traffic cameras, store security cameras, nothing like your phone camera to find abnomalities within the city. Once the computer system caught an abnomality such as lifting a car or shifting into a cat it would flag it red and be reviewed by me. I ran each of you through a facial reginition software and found your names through the city wide citizen database... that is through the police department... based on the actions I saw and background reports I invited you here," Eleanor explained as best she could. She was telling the truth about anything personal or similar was not viewed by her.

Once she saw some people calm down, she moved on to Mia's second question. "Training is next. None of you are prepared to take on those creatures, so I will be working with you and you will be working with pairs. Pre-selected by the way. Andrea and Don will be a pair to start out, Mia and Kai... Then you three will be taking turns, but first I would like to speak with you Damon," she mentioned as she looked at Lester. Inside the man's hand was a file. He had been digging into Damon, as well as checking up on Mr. Anderson. Eleanor hadn't known anyone of the teams, but Mr. Anderson was her father's friend. No one really knew about that, since no one knew that her father had a daughter.

Separating herself from the group, Damon followed. Lester had given Eleanor the file and her lips pressed into a line. "Well, Mr. Anderson has not been heard from and his sister is quite concerned about him... do you know anything about that?" She questioned the man before her. "Also, I do not appreciate being lied to, Damon..." she said handing a photo to him. It was clearly depicted that Damon had a much fuller grasp of his abilities than previously let on. "The testing chambers does not base its data on what you show me, it bases it on how your body reacts to your powers. Someone exhibiting full strength would show their vitals pushing the top of the charts, your vitals barely reached a walking pace." Eleanor said shoving the file in his hands. "I am not some dumb kid, I have the IQ of 190, so please don't try and outsmart my machinery," she hissed before walking back to the other participants.

Looking to the others with a smile on her face, "We can begin today as there is much time remaining in the day, or we can start tomorrow. Majority rules," announced Eleanor. As most hands shot up for tomorrow training, Eleanor agreed and held them back for one more announcement.

Lester handed a box out to each of the participants. Inside was a cellphone design by Eleanor. It was pure glass and completely seethrough, however, the most amazing part of the fact that the mechanics of the phone were in their just invisible to the naked eye. "A diamond phone is only to be used to get in contact with me or others of your team. It has all numbers already programmed into it and it should not be shown to anyone, as it would cause high suspicion and could cause large problems since most of that technology has not been invented. If in dire trouble, smash the phone and it will send out an electronic pulse that I can hear. Note, you only get one phone as I don't have the material to make more, so use your S.O.S wisely," she informed the group before allowing them to leave. "Please be here by seven o'clock tomorrow morning!" She called after them.

Looking to Lester she sighed. "May I have pudding?" She questioned before following Lester into the kitchen.

As she sat on a barstool, Eleanor looked at Lester. "Keep an eye on that Damon," she muttered. She didn't like liars.

Morning light had come and Eleanor found herself in her massive yard. Gear was set up for those who normally did not spare. The sun had shined down on the Earth, it was a pleasant feeling after yesterdays showers. The young girl stood in black capris and a red tank top, more of her bionic limbs were on view. She thought about how Don had been similar to her, at least while she had her chip. They were similar but highly different at the same time. He at least could be in the open without looking like a freak, the young girl envied him.

Hearing footsteps, Eleanor turned to see Lester ushering people towards the field. Eleanor smiled, obviously excited about the day's work. She loved helping others achieve success and grow their strengths, today was full of that. "Pair up," she called out, hoping that the others remembered their pairs. "Do not grow comfortable with your pair, you will be switching half-way through the day... need well-rounded teams!" Handing out the fighter gloves, Eleanor looked at them. "If any of you are not in attire they wish to fight in, please see Lester and he will get you fitted into something more comfortable. Other than that, follow me." Eleanor said as she walked out into the field. "Knowing your strengths and weaknesses is a great part of doing this job, having a team that functions well is even greater, so please note you need to build some sort of positive relationship with your teammates as they will have your back in the field... unless you want to be killed.

For example, Andrea and Don are considered active players were Mia and Kai are considered passive players. Don't take offense because passive players are highly important! Without your eyes and ears, active players will be flying blind and will most likely be killed. Passive players can fight and even win, but up against someone like Killer Croc, you would be defeated so rely on your active players to take those type of enemies out. Active players must rely on their passive players for recon, but they also must protect the passive players from any sort of unexpected assault and destroy any threat blocking you from your target. Both passive and active players are needed to make a team work," Eleanor explained.

Looking towards the smaller team, Eleanor began to speak again. "In your team, passive and active players are mixed amongst you, that means you will assume both roles when necessary. You all have the skills and abilities to present as active and passive."

Motioning around the field, Eleanor showed the cones, "To warm up, please go ahead and run some laps... no one needs to be strained." After they completed about five laps, Eleanor stopped them and had the pair up once more. "Damon, you will be sparing with Lester to start... Go ahead and spread out, no abilities for the first bit. You need to learn control, even when you are angry and want to hurt someone badly," Eleanor said.

Monitoring each group, Eleanor gave constructive feedback. "Widen your stance, you don't want to be knocked over Kai... Don't be afraid to break a nail, Mia... Andrea, I said no abilities you got to take some damage to let Don know where your weakness is... TRUST ONE ANOTHER, from now on this is like a family if we are to achieve our goal we must work together and blend perfectly!"

An hour had passed before Eleanor stopped them. "It's time for a break, Lester if you could go fetch lunch that would be much appreciated," she called as Lester happily walked away. Looking to the teams she smiled. "From the start of sparing to the end, there was an improvement. You can't be afraid to hit someone where it hurts, you can't give up, and you can't be meek. You have to stay strong and keep fighting even when the odds are against you! That is the only true way you can say that you tried or even that you won. Go ahead and take a break, get something to drink and talk to your team... learn things about them. There are no enemies here or I don't like you because of whatever, get to know your team."

► ⊸
Afterlife - Avenged Sevenfold

Last edited:
09l9qjo.jpg

DAMON VAN DER VAAL

It was finally time to move on. Time for something else after they all showed what they were capable of doing. However, it all came to a stop, for him at least. Damon was pulled to the side. Eleanor wanted to speak with him privately. Before they could have a conversation between one another, he followed her.

It wasn't only Eleanor, but Lester was there as well. It felt like it was something serious, especially when he saw the expression plastered on her face. 'Well, this ought to be good.'

It was precisely that. Interesting to be exact. Asking Damon about Mr. Anderson and his family's whereabouts. The fact that her sister was worried about him. "I have no idea." He clearly pointed out. No remorse, no emotions behind his words. Eleanor shoved a file onto him next, telling him that she does not appreciate liars.

A short smile was plastered on his face. His eyes landed on the file and the name written on it. It was his own. 'So they did a background check?' He thought to himself, but before he could give a response in return, she left with Lester. Turning to his side, he simply looked at her walking away with Lester.

So, the woman knew the extent of his ability. A dusin scenarios ran through his mind in that very moment. Oh, this was far from over. Another announcement came from the young woman. Handing out tech that seemed interesting. Taking one, he simply gave it a thorough look before pocketing it.

Time passed, and the next day was upon them. By now, he could have easily left the entire situation behind him, but Damon did not. He returned, and they were all ushered to a huge field. Gear was set up around them. Standing there with the rest, he did not remove his eyes off of Eleanor. They were to spar and work together in pair.

However, Damon was to spar with Lester. A smirk was plastered on his face and he obviously agreed. There was no reason for him to disagree. Finally, once they were done with the lecture of the day, and Eleanor told everyone to rest up, make conversation and get to know eachother, he turned his attention back at the young woman.

Walking up behind her, he whispered to her. "Miss Eleanor." Damon began, making his presence known.

"I believe we should continue our conversation from yesterday. You left without hearing an explanation from me. I find that very rude. You need to listen to both parties before making up your mind." A smile plastered on Damon's face. If there was one mistake Eleanor did, it was to make an enemy out of him that fast. Yes, he was going to come around to parting her head from her robotic body or whatever, or freeze her to death.

"You had my undivided attention yesterday, but now I'd like for you to listen to me."

"First off, I never lied to you. I really didn't. I hoped that tech brain of yours would help you remember that."

Leaning forward, he whispered once more. "How much do they trust you? The people you've gathered here."

"We're all strangers here, but to you, we are less, right? I mean, you have, after all, gone behind our back and done research on us, spied on us. Using the cameras in the streets and what not to keep an eye on us. I bet you can manipulate data as well right?" There was a pont behind his rhetorical questions. He wanted to see how this woman worked.

Walking past her, he stopped in his tracks. Tilting his head to the side, he gazed at her. "I did not show the full extent of my ability because I do not trust you or anyone else here, but I'm willing to try." Laughing, he continued.

"Its the same for everyone right? Like, do we know the full extent of your ability? We do not. We're just taking your word for it."

"But don't worry, I am here to help. I would not have been here if your accusations from yesterday held some truth." Having said that, Damon did not give her the time to respond. It was time to strike a conversation with the others and get to know them like Eleanor said.

"I'll be taking your advice now, and go talk to my team. Have a drink and get something to eat." Walking away, there was one thing he really wanted to point out. It is easier for him to make the people around Eleanor to have little to no trust in her after what she said yesterday. The woman practially spied on them and could be one of the enemy. But oh, to Damon it was all a lie.

Mia Marie Ritter

Interactions: Kai (@Cosmic Penguin)
Mentioned: Eleanor (@QUEENIE)

Cameras? The answer was simply 'cameras'? Mia tried to hold on to her eyeroll and snarky tone to hear the girl out before saying anything, though it was difficult. When that explanation was concluded, the woman's distrusting gaze remained on the girl, but she said nothing. When had Mia ever used her ability in front of a public camera? With a family that was constantly in the spotlight, they had learned to be incredibly paranoid about anything coming out into public view that could harm the business. It was more likely that she was being watched at home than it was that she'd been spotted somewhere in public.

Strike one. Until that was clarified, her trust in the girl would be diminished. The look on her face would clearly show that she was not entirely satisfied with the answer she'd been given. Traffic cams and the like were a give-in, but Mia wasn't a moron who went around using supernatural powers in public, day or night. Despite the annoyance she felt, she let it go – for now. Best to let it rest until the time was more appropriate.

The girl paired them up for training next, so Mia's gaze moved to Kai. Kai the kitty cat. She tried not to smirk, and failed. But her attention was quickly diverted back to the cyborg child. A phone made of glass? Mia took the box she was handed, picking the phone up and turning it over in her fingers. They were soon dismissed, so quickly it seemed, and Mia tucked the phone into the purse in the crook of her elbow. With Eleanor's parting words, the young heiress turned on her heel and made her way out without another word to anyone, sliding a pair of sunglasses onto her face as she approached her vehicle. The door opened up before she even arrived, her driver holding it so she could slip inside.

"Andrew…" She waited until the car drove off before stating her next demand. "I want background checks on everyone here. I've got names to get you started and some pictures for facial recognition. Give me the most detail on the owner, Eleanor, and the one calling himself Damon. He's suspicious and creepy. Keep all of this from the family. No one finds out. I'm pulling you off any other detail; you're with me from now on and I'll inform payroll to increase your salary. Looks like you're my new Alfred."

The next morning, Mia arrived in the same vehicle, with the same driver, but when she exited the car she was outfitted in a pair of shorts, a sport halter top, and a pair of tennis shoes. Today, with her back exposed, there were no wings visible there. In fact, she looked completely normal with her hair tied up in a ponytail like she was ready to go for a run. When told to pair up, the young woman wandered over to Kai, eyeing him up and down a moment. Their first task was running which she could handle, so after a few stretches she did her laps at about average speed, not wanting to overdo anything just yet. She then paired up again with Kai and put on the gloves they'd been given when they arrived.

Unfortunately, she had to admit that she wasn't a fighter. She was fit, had a personal trainer, did tai chi for relaxation, but she had never really struck another person. The slow approach she displayed was out of inexperience only. But she was willing, and after a few timid punches, the sensation started to grow on her. She made a note in her head to have Andrew get her a boxing trainer. Hm. Or maybe martial arts? She'd think about it and do some research before deciding. By the end of the first hour, she was really putting her weight into her hits and couldn't help but admit that she was having some fun.

Andrea Garcia

Eleanor had been watching them via cameras. It was a simple answer, but somehow Andrea felt like there had been more. Days prior, Eleanor had given her the same answer, but she still felt the same way she did now. Eleanor was hiding something.

Taking the phone box, Andrea examined the glass phone before placing it into her backpack before being escorted out of the house. There was no room for further questions, just a brief statement about training. Andrea sighed and looked down at her phone. She called for a cab and waited outside in the rain for it to come.

While rain poured down, she heard voices coming from the inside of the house. Everyone had left by now, but Andrea still waited for her cab to locate the estate. Sitting silently, Andrea tried to listen to the conversation happening inside the parlor room. "You aren't acting the same," Lester's voice thundered, "what are you hiding, Eleanor?" Before Andrea could listen to anything more, the cab lights came into view and it was time to go.

The following morning, Andrea showed up dressed in proper attire. When Eleanor expressed to pair up and then run and pair up again, Andrea felt as if Eleanor she was scatterbrained. She wasn't herself, more on edge than usual. Wondering what was getting under the young girl's skin, Andrea kept quiet as she paired up with Don.

"I'm Andrea," she introduced herself to him as the two began to spare. Andrea wasn't comfortable letting herself get hurt, especially since she didn't know how anymore. Since receiving her gift her durability against attacks just happened, she didn't have control over it. She guessed that was what Eleanor wanted to teach her- have control over your powers, not the other way around.

Focusing, she began taking damage from Don. To her surprise, it seemed to fuel her. The sudden bursts of pain here and there was driving her to punch harder and block more frequently, but as quickly as it came it left. Eleanor had stopped training for a quick lunch break.

"Nice right hook," Andrea mentioned to Don as she went to grab the water out of her backpack. "Where did you learn to fight?"

Mentioned: Eleanor, Don @Cerulean
Interaction: Don

Reactions: Cerulean
Michael James Stranger
Interaction: Mansion Group |
Mention: Archer @Lulunopia | Attire: Work out | Location: Yard

Michael rolling the strange device around in his hand, scanning the translucent mechanics within. Miss Peterson had called this a Diamond phone, appropriately name really. It was also a kind of life alert button too though the mere idea of breaking a 'diamond phone' was preposterous. At least until Michael recalled that none of the group were normal human beings anymore. They could probably all find a way to break it with their abilities. He frowned, already thinking of ways in which we could destroy the thing. That he would ever like to, the device was amazing, truly a work of scientific art. A shame that he had to keep this from the world but Michael was no snitch. If Miss Peterson wanted to keep it secret then he would... for now at least.

Sliding it away into his bag, Michael approached the yard, finding the young mistress of the house already here with her ever present butler. A few of the others had also arrived, four them sparring in pairs. Michael took this as an opportunity to observe his fellow mutant survivors, keenly interested in the biological mechanics of each ability (or actual mechanics for Don's case). While Michael was no natural scientist he still felt the itch of curiosity nagging at the back of his mind. It was rather surreal to experience. Seeing these abilities it really felt like they had been plunged into the pages of a comic book. It made Michael almost feel giddy, a gleam of excitement buzzing about within the green irises. He soon found himself calculating ways in which he could counter the other parties' moves, thinking of ways in which he could discharge the different types of energies he witness exchanged in the sparing. Kinetic energy was definitely a popular one with all the fist swinging and kicking. A flash bomb would make a nice distraction or perhaps a combustion? Just standing in the sun provided Michael with an unlimited supply to work off of, only issue was managing his limit, after all, conductors wear out all the time. Too much energy could severely damage his body or even kill himself and if he wanted to last long then using small amounts of energy at a time was the key to drawn out battles.

It would be nice to give his theories a go. His eyes flickered to the redhead, Archer. Arson abilities. "Interesting in having a go?" He asked, casually supplying a friendly grin. "My ability isn't combat strong but it should be fun to test it out with yours."​

Donovan Gates Myers

While he would never admit it, he ended up losing that see through phone twice last night. We was going to hate this thing. The young man made sure to make it there on time, and he did. Don also made sure to pack some extra clothes, water, and soap in case they had showers available afterwards. With a mansion with like that, he would be surprised if they didn't. With all the information that was being passed along, he was just happy to be a to stretch his legs, so to speak.

It wasn't long before they were encouraged onto the fields. He was glad he decided to come waring his athletic wear (Sports Nerd Alternate). The laps were fine, nothing that poked at his stamina any.

As the endearing Tweenintor starting monologing, he was handed some gloves. "Oh....these aren't going to last long." He said to himself. When he ended up pairing with Andrea, he knew the both of them would end up ruining the gloves between their strength and defense. Unless they were special fiber or magic.

"I'm Don. Nice to meet you." His voice was sincere as was his friendly smile. He even offered a handshake. They weren't allowed to use their powers, which pretty much meant these were kid gloves for right now. However, his dojo did a lot of sparring for going one and one with something wasn't a new concept for him. He took caution and watched her closely. With her power set and unknown fight experience rushing in could cause him to be on the receiving end of an ass-whoopin. Over the course of the hour, Don and Andrea were trading blows and it was exhilarating. Sure, neither of them were going full bore but letting loose had to have been at least a little cathartic.

When halftime came about, grabbed a water bottle of his own before answering Andrea's question. They were encouraged to chat after all. "Heh. A combination of video games, sport, weightlifting, and spending half a decade in a dojo. But you are a damn scrappy woman." He chuckled as he took a drink. "Get into a bar fight or two in your day?"

He turned his head to look at the others, to which he waved at them all. "Don."

Cameras? Well, how ironic. Kai almost burst out laughing when Eleanor gave her answer. To think that he, a person whose entire career revolved around taking pictures of people, would end up having almost the same thing done to him! Seeing the teenager's bashful look, Kai wanted to call her out as a peeping tom, but he doubted she'd appreciate it, even if it was in jest. As the girl ran down the schedule for the next day, Kai once again felt his chest tighten up. Obviously, he hadn't thought that this...group meeting was a one-time thing, but he hadn't expected them to have to meet again so soon! He needed time to take this all in! He needed a drink! But ugh--It wasn't as though he could cancel! He'd already agreed to be apart of their bootleg Justice League.

So apparently he was to partner up with Ritter tomorrow? That was going to be...Interesting. He didn't really know how to react to that. On one hand, he didn't want to do any type of one vs. one training. But on the other hand...He could get some juicy info on the heiress. Nothing too revealing, just inane and funny, like maybe she smelled like a decaying corpse after working out.

Pocketing the phone (after seeing what kind of high tech camera it had) given to them, Kai exited the mansion, preferring to slip into cat form instead of taking a cab home. He needed time to reflect on all that had transpired.

The next day, Kai arrived in workout clothing sans camera. Last night while crisscrossing through alleyways and chasing the occasional rat, he had decided against spying on his new teammates. If he really wanted to be a hero, he needed to start out on the right foot and since there was already someone in the group who hated his guts (and who he hated) he didn't need any more enemies.

Eleanor's speech about fighting and pairs went in one ear and out the other because Kai was more preoccupied with freaking the fuck out. How the hell was he supposed to fight without powers?! He didn't know how to fight! He'd never even been in a real fight! Getting his lights knocked out because he'd taken an unflattering picture of a WWE wrestler was the closest he'd had to a fight and he hadn't even had the chance to fight back! And now he had to fight a rich woman who could turn into a goddamn angel?! And to top it all off, he had to run. Five. Fucking. Laps. As a human! By the time he was finished, he was leaning over and wheezing like a 300-pound diabetic.

When it came time to pair up, Kai trudged over to Mia, still trying to catch his breath. He slipped on the gloves and got into what he thought was a great fighting stance until Eleanor said otherwise. What does she want me to do a fucking split?! He thought irritatedly. He wasn't really upset with her, just more fearful of Mia who seemed as inexperienced as him but a lot more enthusiastic. He punches started off soft but soon morphed into sharp, stinging hits. He maybe got in three or four hits, but mostly focused on avoiding the oncoming blows. He nearly cried in relief when it was time for a lunch break. Following in the example of Don--who he waved back at, timidly--Kai turned to Mia with a friendly smile.

"So, how'd an heiress end up here?" He asked, curiously.

Status
Not open for further replies.