Demon Rust Lore Thread and OOC

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!

RedArmyShogun

Runs with Axes
Original poster
LURKER MEMBER
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Posting Speed
  1. One post per day
  2. Multiple posts per week
  3. 1-3 posts per week
  4. One post per week
Online Availability
Varies, but often.
Writing Levels
  1. Adept
  2. Advanced
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Primarily Prefer Female
Only ask questions here if you can't get on discord. Link If that one does not work, please send me a pm or ask here.

BQQP1lx.png

interest check | ooc | ic | character index
INTRODUCTION

"Well, well, well, look what the skycat dragged in.."
How about a History Lesson?
In a world not much unlike our own of the name Enwind, Humans, Elves and Dwarves share a temperate world of varying climate, cultures and nations.

It also has Magic, borne of the Elements, Crystals as numerous as the Rainbow that can unleash the powers of, Wind, Water, Fire, Earth, Light, Shadow and Electric... Unfortunately the Peace would not remain. With Great power.. Normally comes something even greater to ruin your day. On the far edges of the Western Continent monsters and beasts have risen from slumber. Be they dragons, demons, bugs, punishment from the Aether it's self no man knows.

aranas-gigantes-tokio.jpg

1306414352884.jpg

Regardless of form they range from the size of men to the size of absurdity, the Kingdoms of the Western Continent were first to fall to the beastly horde, being held off by the Kingdom of Valizar in what would become known as "The Corridor". Many brave men and women died here wielding powerful magics to hold the horde at bay, but there is but so much one nation can do when it must protect a route into three other major land masses.. Pleading for assistance and reminding all nations of the Threat it faced should Valizar Fall, a miracle was found upon the Elimination of larger than man sized beasts, the hearts over flowed with rechargeable Aether... With the Aid of Dwarven Metal Workers and the Elven Mages and Human ingenuity it was soon discovered reactors could be made from the beasts...

LoOmG8bugHiYS-OTx-hTjeMzgLKrZAZfHcfNA40i0BgaYKAprtIoZSwlKSDNH8HTRCd5UNuncnKGqmZD8CsDhig2LWoF6KNUx1PyjqaU7a5Dqb2rp3UFX56tC4LJZ21EclJNauYorfQ4jskNgfLYVZ5HhkP5_0JvfShu9bBe3jBNwHx82SXGF6PjjG9dJSk7AWD96mqBznuZsXeuZsXKlr-neeXnf_6AhRkGgVj8yf4YKUXNz727_f5QGT8-yuei57IhslDMUWcQxpiSsT7d4VqpqmVpadewcmGXVLNnKIcUNFU9vS8YQdEATKpbCDEZzSbVDNfx0VD9lxFfdqfo8q6Bt48rEIzqNuruhmFufd2-MRayRJweqj6fPW3avqH2xW46KF5OKTr8QEeZKOqN74iB3KcaL9KvqbycEjsWSWQUxo6BQm9UV7fjSWdkJthvfPXGaF3tmuUEGKftcVpsWL-K_gr0KqX0zb-iLNXBuONIXUkduMldoHWdxxaw7qP-NOU2OwvprukJNwCdjXqczEBz6LFQ-UZW9W64iUgavxLj9sejA43z4VdoYnzQ3SExbrjVs0wgAojqV45-TMZhChCy6o6KcH0fk_pMRRDgaqcPV13hJwBk4A-LPoC9fm44Ghby0DFpJX6Fe9iFG1s4ybcpGG4VUlCcv0PA=w728-h415-no

QJ4tQ3d_a9_gXp--fJ_75s2KTA1a1JmuK0SW8ufNsju5jd2IPDG_YBSraqcHHOhhzikCwUyJM3hra7H2bnEDQP1N4Xm7olad4hZ1Ypicnvk5H9NzG2zzy5D17O7AOPf77FZITeeSn6RFpBDKQyB3axMrJa51tV0GyFTV8CPlJd43RBJiCLtzBG9kCQZUsOMO-eCYG9D0FktlcxGRM-NxdfVSvCAKeNJrquB83RyqEC13pDkGe2SC3KLdQXvSdF5kVOm0bm5USEYesW5oKKESKKbA5u67N2-GOB7I9wy3nC3CGWXAMuywYFqHTv5Uv4Y-Nnax1x8WBzFtFxTs-dqx2GEtfKLjgEG0gx578LCo6VSMMwIAVBrT8nRCs0O6oalKOgUA5zrkmWDIDAohSewQL4yIsLO8ppcQIvTUFTaRA9yYmWLeuO86s3urHjsy4gJCDGtT7QumiX0_am4i0w3d4LS3SrIRe-_wN3k9GZBt9OTeP5l3cAxTAxjTP7zUUZgO4w8WKTWdkJ_0wPW6A8lg7-NUTTEfa1bAjWeaYN5UN4Rz2VRqwoidetwUO2R-ooNx466r8w9zC7OMkYkasYBnCtvStZw2UF8UTUKPlq6LJr_uIGuyZU4et6g-mLeNYeptKU_7blE04dgs9VhNQp61Bfk25f8BxvicmR0=w640-h397-no

wallhaven-358382.jpg

Man would soon take to the skies given the dangers of raids on land or the threats at Sea and More Importantly, they would Fight the Demon Beasts on equal footing.. Litterally with the Advent of the Titan Knights, Mechanical constructs piloted by men and women and fueled by the energies of the very beasts who wished them all dead.

So that is where you come in, Valizar still exists, but are you Really cut out for Iron Slayers Corps? We are the best of the best, a multinational Unit made up of the best pilots and Mages the world has to offer, or maybe just the most stupid or brave. Fifty Years have since passed since those bastards emerged from the Earth killing a great many people and turning a huge chunk of the Western Landmass into a miasma coated hell. They took the Seas from us, but we gained Wings and the means to knock them down to size. But with us Sell Sword Companies doing the battles the other nations have grown complacent, forgotten who our enemy is, will they stir to action? Well what do I know, I'm just a humble Mercenary, but this war cannot continue.

unknown.png

THE WORLD OF ENWIND

(Map to be added later.. I hope..)

The World of Enwind

With four primary landmasses and a few Islands, Enwind has lush jungles, snow capped mountains, deserts, farmlands, plains and Miasma ruined wastelands. To the West laid the once powerful mountainous Continent of Ilecia, home to the proud Dwarves and many strong Human Kingdoms, this was where the Demon Beast first emerged. Seeking nothing short of the Destruction of all humanoids there the beings simply poured forth from the depths and soon found their way into the Sea.

Regardless of the why they are a direct threat to the remaining great nations, with two of the continents connected to the third. Along the North East and South East respectively and the Fourth continent even further east across the Sea. The principle locations are as follows;

Valizar: Located at the Mouth of "the Corridor" a mountainous forested region that has a single land connection to the other two landmasses, Valizar used to be a sprawling kingdom based on trade, but now it's capital is a citadel, it's villages gone, a mass of fortifications and airfields. What was once a Free City is now a Military City, it's treasury and manpower spent in defense of the world.

castles_steampunk_cliffs_fantasy_art_1920x1080_wallpaper_www_wal.jpg

To the North East the main power is Imperium of Rolent, a major industrial power that feeds it's War Machine to stop the Demon Beast Advance. Ruled by an Emperor and Senate, Rolent is rather well industrialized with it's capital of Rolance is rather well built and industrialized, it's people living in a metropolis and Airships a common sight in the sky.

original_drawn_by_arsenixc_sample-3e5c2d3b7ed.jpg
To the South East is the Elven Republic of Eseth, in recent times the Elves have shouldered the burden of housing Refugee's from the West, rich in natural resources the Elfs tend to be rather attuned with nature and Aether. Between it's dense forests and clifffaces space is at a premium and mostly reserved for natural preserves, the people of Eseth tend to grow a rather large amount of food for the realm and in the last 50 years has produced many a powerful mage.

44398_anime_scenery_futuristic_city.jpg

Sharing the South East with them is the Desert Sultanate of Al-Shaaba, mostly home to merchants and the industrious, many Dwarves have made their way here living among the tan skinned humans that call it home. Al-Shaaba curiously paved the way in the initial construction of Titan Knights. The Capital city of Al-silead has been heavily foritied in recent years, being merchant Al-Shaaba is more known for statecraft and intrigues than military force.

steampunk_concept_by_tyleredlinart-d7czbvr.jpg

The Island nations that dot the exterior are of minor importance but the near continental Consortium of Calahad stays in near isolation, profiting from the Chaos it provides arms and material to the other nations but has made no significant contributions to the fight with it's own blood, it's Capital is the Costal City of Concordant.

original_drawn_by_alphonse_white_datura_sampl.jpg

Lastly and most importantly to those in the Iron Slayers Corps, is "The Corridor" and "The Wastes"

The Wastes lie beyond The Corridor and are full of the remains of cities lost, deserts and miasma. At times front line commands are positioned here at the start of the Neck to buy time for fortifications inside of The Corridor, often at the costs of infantry and second line Titan Knights and Tanks.

sample-0f269d64091f02c74c8a6459c54085aa.jpg

The Corridor is a geographical straight several kilometers wide and with a long depth. Inside of it is a few settlements given the huge deposits of Aether Crystals, attacks down the neck are fairly common in spite of forward positions, of note in the Central section in a patch of Desert is Crimson Command, home to Iron Slayers Corps and other PMC and allied Units, with a natural spring and fields the base is largely self sufficient for the several hundred Soldiers and Civilians who live there, inside of the Castle base is a Cavern system that serves as Hangars for the Titan Knights housed there.

fort_final_fantasy_and_final_fantasy_xii_7010c33b72882d321369.jpg

MAGIC and AETHER

Aether is the energy given off by all elements and living things, capable of extraordinary things, from cooling food long distances, to making lights that burn for weeks with no smoke. It is in everyone and everything, and when condensed into large amounts produces crystals of various hues. Fire, Earth, Electric, Water, Wind, Shadow and Light.

WqmtKQs.png

As a result Aether can hold tremendous power, but being able to call upon and summon these Crystals is another matter all together, requiring tutelage, will power and maybe even a bit of luck. But if one can tap into the Aether around them, inside of them and in the crystals, they can unleash the power of nature, becoming a force multiplier better, if not much more rarer than conventional Infantry. Magic and Magecraft is the result of this, while it cannot hold back the larger Demon Beasts, it is still a highly effective tool in the Arsenal of the ongoing struggle.

Magic can heal others, detect life, call down the elements, boost an allied Machine, Mages also are an important aspect in the production of new magical Reactors. Magecraft may no longer be the King of the battlefield, but is it bad to be a Queen?

With the advent of the Airship and the need to keep up with Titan Knights in Combat formation, mages were repurposed from general Infantry to Airborne Commandos with the invention of the Aether Flight Unit. Built in a variety of forms from boots to mechanical brooms and even skis, the Mage is the only being capable of handling the focus needed to fly these machines, while the "speeder" type have a mounted Machinegun the boot design has a more powerful motor for increased speed. Operating as a form of air support and reconnaissance Mages can quickly and effectively scout for Titan Knights and pick off small flying Demon Beasts that would otherwise harass the Knight and direct long-range artillery fire from the fleet and ground forces. As a result most are given powerful short range radios with a few operating large sets, allowing the Knight Commander to coordinate forces with a near birds eye view with aid of a dedicated mage.

Aether in the unit can be used to aid in offense and defense, and in some cases landed to allow the Mage to reach positions and interiors a Titan Knight cannot.

tanya_the_evil_by_desynchronizer-dawiete.jpg

IRON SLAYERS CORPS

A Mercenary Company that became part of Crimson Command, lead by Yaona Siminov, ace pilot under contract with the Multinational PMC forces, earning the command by rank and Merit she has been on the front lines for the last 15 years. The Iron Slayers Corps is an Elite formation that often goes through new recruits and is known for it's vigor being among the first response line with an airship tasked to their service. Yaona tends to keep her coffers well filled and owns a lot of books. Because of it's reputation, the squad has a few Veterans and plenty of young bloods out to prove how brave they are in the name of glory.

In spite of the name The Iron Slayers Corps is a battalion sized formation with the Official name 173rd Mechanized Battalion, of the 23rd Regiment, 43rd Multinational Division. Totaling 33-36 Machines and Mages and around 300 support personnel when operational at full strength typically.

The PMC's are while Private Military Contractors at face value, are in fact conscripts or volunteers from their own national Militaries, often carrying the same if not higher rank at home, barring those who joined the PMC Corps of free will. This in part was done out of respect for Valizar's Sovereignty, with her economy broken and her population to a large part, Volunteer forces were not an option, and for those who still fought for Valizar the Imperium sending in troops under banner was equally unacceptable. Citing Centuries old treaties "sell swords" were set up under contract to the Government of Valizar. In practice a large number of these units are simply Regulars of the Imperium and other nations with Free Nation status.

Yaona as example is a Lt Colonel in the Imperium of Rolent, but is a Major in the PMC forces.

Ranks of the PMC forces are typically as follows;

Private, Senior Private, Corporal, Sergeant, Staff Sergeant, Sergeant Major, Warrant Officer, 2nd Lieutenant, Lieutenant, Captain, Major, Lt Colonel, Colonel, Lt General, Major General, General and Marshal.

DEMON BEASTS

Demon Beasts come in all sizes and shapes, from Dragons in the sky, to aquatic terrors of the deep, they are as varied as they are numerous, but the ones based on giant insects seem the most common. If there were anything else common about them it would be that they tend to attack in number with a few solitary species and in general they are utterly hostile to living sentient beings and wild life. It remains unknown, who or what controls them from deep within the Wastes. Fundamentally they are classified by a number of classes and a few are of note more than the rest. Of note is their hearts seem to have high concentration of Aether the larger they are.

Firstly is the Soldier Class: Normally in huge number compared to the rest they range in size from a full grown man or horse to slightly under: In general these are surprisingly the most Dangerous to the Titan Knights as often they adopt suicidal tactics or ambushes when given the chance. (The spider in info is a good example. Most of these tend to be insects or horrid abominations, beastmen and drakes)

rajang_monster_hunter_drawn_by_stu_dts_sample-92d9178b1216cb7.jpg

Next is the Tank Class: Typically these are car or even small house sized monsters. They tend to be the 2nd most Common. Normally heavy weapons, mages or Titan Knights are needed to deal with them. (Tank class Beta from Muv might show up in this category for my own amusement)

gwen_guild_wars_sample-0ece9563ffb0f658676c30f534bd9e0f.jpg
Next you have the Superior Class, up to or slight above and under a Titan Knight in side, these beings are known to be able to use Aether, though not so numerous. Massed Tank fire, Mage formations or a Titan Knight is needed to fight these. (The Snow Lizard in info is a good example as would be Dragons)

Finally is the Oceanic Sub Class the Leviathan and the Titan Class.

Sadly there isn't much the three races can do about the Ocean classes, curiously they attack one another. No one dares venture far from the shore, coming in the form of freakish gators, whales and squids, they are terrors from the deep, at times air fleets will depth charge local waters to thin their numbers.

original_drawn_by_syo5_sample-83ff2aaf9acf43cd0930c55eba07b34.jpg

Finally the Titan Class, it is from this where the Titan Knights got there name and purpose, massive creatures that need full formations of air fleets or Titan Knight Squadrons to defeat, they come in the form of absurd looking creatues that seem to attack cities of convoys out of amusement before vanishing once more. Overall "leaders" of hordes, they are rarely seen. Size can differ from "just" the size of several Titan Knights to Harbingers of doom, easily the size of a small village.

original_drawn_by_shuichi_wada_55a250e68bb68319f51fb96f49bf52.jpg

TITAN KNIGHTS

Titan Knights come in many shapes and forms, normally of rugged construction and powered by Aether reactors. While not as expensive as the Air Fleet they are still too pricey to totally replace frontline forces. Armed with a variety of melee, projectile, Aether and even explosive projectiles, these "Knights" tend to be taller than most homes. With Variations depending on the means and location of construction, the reactors within them are the most common thing with a generally more Rugged construction.

Examples of the machines can be found throughout the lore section, the following additional are from the interest check.

Knights-and-_Magic-_Mecha-_Visual-_Arcanba-001-20170525.jpg

kuromukuro_kuromukuro_drawn_by_sakusakusakurai_5af3d2f14849b2.jpg

original_drawn_by_karamas_sample-d0c4263b730b9a3947d2b286a433.jpg

EXPECTATIONS

Content
While explicit sexual content is not going to be part of this roleplay, mature language and themes will likely be. By applying you understand this and commit to iwaku's rules regarding such content. I take no responsibility here, Romance is allowed BUT NOT A FOCUS.
Pacing

Activity will be aimed for one post every three days with one free day a week, likely sat or sun. More posts than that is welcomed, even encouraged. It is possible we may shift to one post a week based on internal factors and feedback, but the two a week is what I am aiming for. In addition if you are unable to keep up or have irl issues please tell me, I'll work with you in most cases or overlook an absence, three absences however without cause and I'll ask you to leave.
Writing Ability

The writing level I expect is somewhere around medium expectations. This means a general understanding of basic grammar and spelling is expected, be detailed with your work and keep in mind the posts of your fellow rpers. I'd like to see a few paragraphs, though if it fits a post that there is enough to respond to and react to within two to three paragraphs than that's fine, NO one-liners period. Mind you I won't be studying your posts, my English is by no means the best.

Please have fun, while I might sprout off a lot of military jargon I know others may not get that, you won't be punished out of hand and I'm happy to answer questions if you don't understand.
Etiquette
By entering here your Soul is mine, I mean what... I'm not some sort of Eldritch Abomination that never sleeps, honest!

Basic rules apply here, no power playing, no god modding, etc etc. Given I'm a habitual shitposter I likely won't hold that against you in Discord ooc unless you post stuff that is generally already against discords TOS. All GM decisions are final, mind you all GM decisions I'll take up with my co-gm's so it's not a one persons judgement being thrown down on you.

While I am open to compromise and communication, there are a few issues I likely will not budge on, this is not out of disrespect but as I think it is critical to something on going. If there is something you want to do and aren't sure you can then please ask us GM's in the Discord. I believe firmly in "Better to be a fool for five minutes than a fool forever."

Keep up with the discord, that's where most of my announcements will be (typically with an everyone tag). On that note depending on number of joiners we may use tagging for our rp replies.

Applying

In general I aim to have one GM/Co-GM per every three to four players, I'll take at a max 12 people, but might take more depending on factors. I do not want this RP to get TOO BIG TO FAIL. Each CS will be reviewed by me and other Co-GM's if approved you will have a hyperlink with your account name and character name at an index at the top of the lore, please do not post till then in the IC.

Last edited:
Reactions: Yzmael
As a heads up to any Lurkers or anyone with discord on mute, we are aiming to have all bio's in by the 8th or 10th to allow for corrections before the IC, which should be up by the 13th. This section will also likely be getting a couple updates SOON.(?)

Characters that are approved will be added to the list in the coming days.

Additional GM and User Content.​

Other Nations and Races

Nothing here but us trees

NPC's

Nothing here but us trees.

Last edited:
ANNOUCEMENT

Given IRL happenings, one RPer losing the Net and another quitting and a forth being buried by studies, Demons Rust will be discontinued, while I will still be rping on Iwaku for the foreseeable near term, I do not feel as if I'll be able to handle running an RP at present. I thank all of those who took an interest in the rp for there time and wish them well on future adventures.

While it is possible within a month or two that this RP might be launched it is as of now highly unlikely. But for now with current issues I would hate to keep this rp going then needing to end it as I have irl issues to deal with during an important moment. Maybe it or even my 2nd interest check could crop up, but for now I'm better suited to being a member or Co-GM rather than actually running anything.

It's a shame the RP could not continue to the point that I had envisioned and wished for, but I rather state why here with generalities than just up and vanishing or not ending the rp with the respect it deserves I guess. Well that's all from me.