• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!

potassiumboron

~I'm drinking coffee on a trampoline~
Original poster
LURKER MEMBER
MYTHICAL MEMBER
Posting Speed
  1. Multiple posts per day
  2. 1-3 posts per day
  3. One post per day
Online Availability
3pm - 1am (GMT / BST)
Writing Levels
  1. Beginner
  2. Elementary
  3. Intermediate
  4. Adept
  5. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
  3. Nonbinary
  4. Transgender
  5. No Preferences
Genres
Monsters, supernatural, fantasy, romance, criminality, slice-of-life (modern or set in past, usually with some twists)
desire.jpg

Melinda Nottingham wasn't a particularly pleased woman at the moment.

Her ideal date night would be attending an opera with her husband, or going for a nice romantic meal at a fancy restaurant, where she could subtly show off to other women in the New Orleans society.

She wasn't the sort of woman to arrogantly brag about her lifestyle, even though she had every reason to. She was part of the infamous Snow family. Her father and her uncles had influences in the White House and they were synonymous with power and wealth. Although, she had also married someone with incredible wealth, so of course she had reasons to boast about her life - she and Philip were a power couple; people who garnered envy and jealousy wherever they went.

And boy, Melinda loved it. She liked being envied and she wanted people to be jealous of how fantastic her life was and how handsome her husband was. She just wasn't going to shout about it from the rooftops. It wasn't her style to be overt like that. She'd much rather do it subtly.

Except, she wasn't even thinking about doing that right now. She might be sat with her husband as he donned one of his fitting, smart suits, while she had on one of her expensive, glamorous dresses... but she was unashamedly annoyed with how her date night was proceeding.

Why? Because instead of a fancy opera where she could show off in front of some rich, fancy women, she was sat in a speakeasy, uncomfortably frowning at the loud jazz music and the flapper women with their short dresses.

It was her idea of Hell. She didn't like these speakeasies, she didn't like the people in them and she didn't like the fact that she was missing out on going somewhere fancy. She'd only set foot in the bar because her husband convinced her that it would perhaps be a good place to unwind-- and somewhere they'd find the perfect woman to help them out with their situation. While Melinda wanted to find an upperclass, rich and beautiful woman to help them out, she was also wise enough to know that no woman in high society would accept their offer, no matter how much money they threw her way.

They, however, stood a chance of finding someone in these bars, where the women had more relaxed, liberal ideas. Melinda may not have liked it, but if she wanted a baby that badly, this was the place to go to find someone to help.

And, while she may not admit it, it was also nice to drink some alcohol again. The prohibition really wasn't that fun - she missed her glasses of wine badly.

"...The women here aren't entirely my cup of tea, Philip," she drawled, her accent thick as she cast an eye around, grimacing at the women dancing with men to the jazz music blaring nearby. "Look at them, they have no grace or class. I'm appalled. Southern Belles? Not at all, none of them. I'm so... outraged. None of these women are suitable, let's go. We can still head for a nice meal. I have a hankering for a good beef stew."

Philip eyed the amber liquid and the golden glow of the glass-like cubes. His long finger reached into his glass, poking at the ice cubes to hear them jingle and clank against the glass. He watched, almost entranced, as they bounce back up- remaining mostly submerged like mini icebergs. Wrapping his long fingers around the glass, he brought the rim to his lips before allowing the golden liquid to flow down his throat. Alcohol. It was Philip's elixir at the moment. He hadn't had alcohol in so long.

Finally, he was able to drag his wife to this hole in the wall bar, but she didn't seem all that pleased. Placing his glass down, his tongue lapped his lips to catch the droplets of his drink. He wasn't as eager as her to leave. Sure the people in this place were of lower class mostly, but he wanted to enjoy at least one more drink. Ever since they got into this bar Melinda had been complaining nonstop. It was slightly irritating if he were to tell the truth.

And if he were to tell some more truth, he would tell her he wasn't so eager to find another woman. Philip was faithful to his wife. He didn't want to have sex with some other woman to have a child, even if she was okay with it. He had committed more than enough sins in his life. He only offered to come here and look for a woman so he could finally have a few drinks. But now, his beloved wife was getting hasty to go, so Philip had no choice but to scan the crowd.

Grey eyes searched the crowd for a woman of his wife's standards he finally found one. She appeared to be tall, considering her long legs that were folded over the other. She had long dark raven hair and olive colored skin. Not to mention those striking green eyes. She was pretty and seemed like a woman his wife would approve of. "....Mel, what about her?" He asked, nodding his head in the woman's direction.

Her? Her husband picked out her?

Melinda didn't know why she was surprised. Out of the drunken girls in the bar with no standards and making fools out of themselves, that olive-toned woman was practically perfect. She wasn't dancing with an unmarried man's arms around her waist and she wasn't drunk out of her mind, so, compared to those women, Honey seemed perfect.

Though, she wasn't. She only seemed that way when Melinda compared her to the other women in the bar, but further inspection made the woman grimace. She couldn't help but to notice Honey's short dress, her makeup and the cigarette she was seductively smoking-- and when Honey shot a flirtatious wink at the barman, Melinda had to force back a disgusted scoff--

Though she was beautiful. Stunningly beautiful, really. That sort of beauty that even Melinda found herself staring at, and she was a good Christian, Southern girl who hadn't even looked at another woman with those 'immoral' thoughts. If there was one thing Melinda needed her child to be, it was pretty. Sure, that didn't seem important and it seemed conceited, but she was arrogant when it came to her beauty. She knew she was attractive, and her husband clearly was too, so any child they had needed to match their beauty or suspicion might creep in, and... well, as loose as the other woman seemed to be, she was beautiful.

"She's... I... I suppose we won't find someone better," she eventually agreed, sipping quietly at the glass of wine and forcing herself to smile. She might be the only one in the marriage who wanted to do this, but it was still hard for her. She knew her husband would have to sleep with someone else, and while she was happy to do that to get a child of their own, it was still upsetting.

But this was a testament to how much she trusted her husband-- well, she wasn't to know she was offering him to a literal succubus, was she?

"Go and speak to her, invite her over when you've got to know her. I trust you, Philip. I love you, too. Now go charm her, you're good at that. You swept a gal like me off my feet in seconds~"

Now Philip was reluctant to leave his wife. He had been studying her the entire when she glanced at the woman. For the slightest second his wife seemed unsure of this, but she obviously forced the thought away. "Darling, we don't need to do this. Adoption is an-" He cut his sentence off when he saw the look she shot at him. Melinda didn't want to adopt.She wanted a child that belonged to them. And sure she wouldn't be the biological mother, but Philip would be the father. That was enough for her. Philip's face scrunched up into a grimace as he grabbed his glass again, downing the last bit of alcohol he had left. "I'll be right back, and I love you too." Leaning in he pecked her lips before striding over to the woman.

A closer look and she was more beautiful than he had previously thought. Honey was certainly a spectacle. Sliding into the stool next to hers' Philip wave his hand to get the barman's attention. "Her drink is on me, and may I have a whiskey." Asked the man, before finally allowing his gray eyes to look at her. "If I may darling, you look lovely tonight." He complimented, trying not to be too flirty. His wife was just a few feet away.

"I'm Philip Nottingham, may I ask you for your name?" His lovely accent lightened each of his words. Philip was exotic looking. Being half Spanish he had tan skin, and then he had a British accent. He was gorgeous, and many would found themselves staring longer than they should have.

Honey was bored.

No, that was an understatement. She was mind-numbingly bored.

She'd been sat at that speakeasy bar for a long half an hour now and not one person truly caught her attention. She needed to feed, but she had her standards - she wasn't just going to allow any sleazy, drunken man chat her up. Basically, she wasn't going to settle just because she needed to feed. Besides, they all bored her senselessly. She liked to go with a man or a woman who could how her a good time, and not just in the bedroom. Hell, she enjoyed it when she could torment and unveil their secrets. It was why she often specifically targeted married men - it was always fun to make them panic when she exposed them to their wives.

Which was why she first took notice of Philip. She'd noticed him enter with his wife and had been spying them most the night, simply because of how intriguing the man was. She may be a succubus, but she was still a demon, and she could tell when humans weren't... wholly moralistic and good. She knew Philip had darkness in him, and boy, was that attractive.

"Philip Nottingham, hm? And tell me, Philip Nottingham, why you're over here trying to chat me up when you have a lovely wife over there?" She purred, her own accent lighting each of her words as she calmly set her green eyes on this man. "I've had married men flirt with me before, but never with their wives stood ten feet away from them. Either you're crazy or brave, and I admire both."

"So you've noticed her? Well, this certainly makes for a curious story doesn't it?" Chuckled the man as he swirled his finger into his drink. Licking drink off his finger, he glanced back at the Spanish women. "I might as well be honest with you. You see, my gorgeous wife over there actually sent me to you. You see we are looking to extend our family. We would like a child, but she can conceive. So, she, being the brilliant woman she is, said we should find a woman willing woman who would gladly carry our child. Ugh, I'm doing a crud job at this hmm? I was supposed to get to know you before I tell you the entire plan."

Wrapping his fingers around his glass, he began sipping his drink, smiling mischievously at her. "So be honest love, have I scared you away yet? Forgive me if I'm terrible at flirting, it's been a while since I've been on the field." In his head, he was laughing at himself. It was all so amusing to him. He didn't think she would even accept his deal, but that didn't matter to him. At least he wouldn't have to cheat on his wife.

Initially, her instinct was to say no. Of course it was. She'd only had one successful pregnancy in the past nad she'd given birth and had genuinely adored the little boy she gave life to. He, for the whole week of his life, had been her whole world-- and then he was cruelly taken from her. Any ideas of having children had evaded her after that, and she really didn't want to go through it all again. Not even for this man who she knew had something dark in him that she wanted to unleash.

Until she touched his hand briefly while reaching for her own glass. Sometimes, not always, she saw flashes of a person's life and the sins they'd committed. It wasn't something she chose, unfortunately. If she could, she'd do it all the time and only be with people who had committed some terrible things - they were always the fun ones. It just happened randomly, and she liked to think that fate chose the people for her, so she could see for herself just what she was getting into.

So when she saw flashes of Philip stood over his dead parents with a bloody meat cleaver and an even bloodier grin, her smile peaked.

Maybe it was rash, but hell, a baby was definitely worth the excitement of getting to know Philip. It wasn't often she found a man so handsome who did things like murder. He was practically perfect! For a human, anyway.

"Oh, don't judge me so soon, mi amor. I'm not like these pesky women. I'm open to anything," she purred back at him, running her perfectly manicured finger across the rim of the glass. "Much like you, hm? I see you as the sort of man to do things most other people wouldn't dream of doing. You're adventurous, I like that."

Well, that certainly surprised him. She agreed to his wife's ridiculous plan. That wasn't part of his. Staring at her slightly perplexed, he hid it well with a smile. "Wel isn't that just dandy. Come, meet Melinda, she'll be pleased to hear that you've accepted this. I hope you aren't just saying this because you've had a little to drink." Cackled the man as he slid out his chair, helping her out. Leading her back to the table he and his wife sat at, he smiled down at his wife. "Melinda darling, you'll be glad to hear that she's accepted."

Sitting down after Honey sat, Philip grinned over at his wife. "Melinda this is....I'm sorry darling but I've never gotten your name. What was it?" He asked feeling slightly embarrassed. His wife did say get to know the woman before telling her the plan. He did the polar opposite of that.

"She agreed? She... She actually agreed? I never... thought someone would... agree. She actually agreed, Philip?" The woman began to babble, her mouth opening a tad and her eyes widening in her genuine shock. Despite her hopes, she had resigned herself to living a motherless life. No sensible woman would agree to pretending not to be pregnant for a whole nine months, and then just walking away from her baby when she gave birth, all in exchange for some cash. If someone asked Melinda to do that, she would probably head to the police in hopes of getting them institutionalise for insanity.

But yet, here Honey was, seeming perfectly happy to do just that. Any disgust Melinda had for her moments prior disappeared. Now, Honey was essentially her saviour, the woman who was going to give her everything she'd wanted - a family.

"Oh my, this is... this is amazing, I don't think I can thank you enough, I... name your price, we'll gladly offer you as much as you desire, I--"

"Oh, you're very serious about this, aren't you? I'm not sure your husband really went into the details, he was more happy gushing about his very beautiful wife," smiled Honey, bringing her cigarette to her lips to take in a large drag, letting the smoke leave slowly. "I'm Honey. Yes, that's my real name. Not at all Spanish or traditional, but my mother was very... modern."

"You're Spanish? Oh darling, she's Spanish," beamed Melinda. That was just the cherry on the cake as far as she was concerned. It meant that Philip was at least inclined to have something in common with her, and they sort of needed to get along if they were going to have sex. "My Philip is half-Spanish, he speaks the language beautifully, I think..."

"I wouldn't say beautifully." Chuckled the man, trying to be modest. He spoke Spanish fairly well since he was taught English and Spanish at the same time. His mother wanted her only child to speak her native tongue. "Honey, is it? Well, Honey, I'm more than thankful for your generosity. You have no idea how much you will be saving us. Now, let's talk business shall we?"

Philip was an excellent business man, which was why he was handsomely wealthy. "As my wife mentioned, you will be paid handsomely. All the doctor bills will be paid. We'll take care of you the nine months our child is in you. And when the nine months is up the child will be ours and ours alone. You understand that don't you? Think of this as a closed adoption."

Oh, he was adorable.

The way he held himself, the way he graced over the details of the agreement, the way he held his wife's hand...

He was adorable, but also downright pathetic as far as the demon was concerned. She'd seen the images of him killing his parents, living life to the extremes, something she found so appealing and so hot that seeing him like this, holding himself back and pretending to be normal, was so irritating.

Well, she had a whole nine months to break him out of the normal shell he'd put himself in. She had a full nine months to work with him and she was pretty confident that he would bend to his carnal desires with a little persuasion and seduction.

"I understand perfectly. I'm not made to be a mother, I'm too... carefree, too wild," she grinned, tapping the ash off from her cigarette calmly. "Oh, this is fun. I'd love to get to know you two over a nice meal? Maybe lobster? I adore lobster. Or we can have whatever you desire, Philip. You seem like a man with fine tastes."

"Actually my sweet tooth has been going off all night. I'm in the mood for some Puits d'Amour. I love mine stuffed with raspberry jam, how do you prefer yours, Honey?" Asked the man as he stood up, helping his wife out her seat. Easily he placed a kiss on his wife's cheek. Philip was a man who showered his wife with affection. His wife was the one who saved him from the monster he was.

Philip then glanced at Honey. "Let's go, I know a nice place that has excellent food. They sell lobster as well if you would like that. I think I'll have some steak for dinner. "

On one hand, this made Melinda incredibly uncomfortable. She was going to finally attend a nice meal with her husband, but had to sit with the woman who not only was going to live with her for the next few months, but was also going to have sex with Philip, and that would make any respectable woman uncomfortable.

On the other hand, though, she wanted to get to know Honey some more. What sort of woman would she be if she didn't get to know someone who was giving her a child? Honey was preparing to do something so wonderful for her, and Melinda had to be alright with it, given this was her idea. She couldn't be mad with Honey for agreeing - she should be thanking her unconditionally.

"...Steak sounds nice, I think I'd like that too. Honey can get whatever she wants," she murmured, watching as the succubus collected her clutch purse and, with a final flirty wink at the barman, headed ahead of them to the exit. "She's very confident, that's... good, isn't it?"

"Well, maybe her confidence will be a trait in our child." Replied the man, holding his wife's hand as they headed to his expensive and classic car. Opening the door for his wife, he then opened the door for Honey. He had to be nice to the woman who would soon be carrying his child. Philip was yet to be processing that he would have to have sex with this woman. It was odd, and it made him uncomfortable too. But this was for his child, and so his wife could finally be happy like she deserved.

Getting in as well, he easily began to drive, his gray eyes staying on the road. "So Honey, why not tell us about yourself. Where are you from?"

Now Honey had time to digest just what she had agreed to , she found herself having to push back the constant urge to tut at Melinda. She didn't like the woman much, and not because she was all lovey-dovey with Philip. Melinda was stuck-up and so prissy and so clearly spoilt that Honey found herself wanting to roll her eyes at everything Melinda said.

Though, she managed to bite back every urge she had. She smiled when she was supposed to and said all the right things - she had to learn how to do it now, if she had to spend nine months with the insufferable human.

"Me? Oh, Barcelona," she purred lightly-- though that was her way of speaking. It sounded flirtatious, and it might have been, but her natural way of speaking was like this. "I haven't been there for ages, though. I do miss it, terribly. Spain's so... lovely. I assume you've been?"

"Barcelona? I've been there a few times. My mother was from Madrid so we used to visit when I was a child." Answered the man as he drove to the nicer part of the city. Once arriving at a high-end restaurant, Philip got out helping his wife and Honey out. "Melinda and I just recently had a trip to Spain a few months ago. It was lovely, right darling?" He whispered, taking her arm in his.

The way Philip looked at her was like he was the luckiest man alive. It was evident in his gaze that the woman in front of him was his entire world. He couldn't ask for anyone better than his Melinda. "She enjoyed the music the most~ Ella era tan adorable tratando de bailar~" Purred the man in Spanish, looking down at the gorgeous blonde.

• Nice Execution!
Reactions: potassiumboron
"Oh, he's such a charmer, isn't he? He charmed me from the moment he met me, when I was a young 17 year old. We got married right on my 18th birthday, it was perfect," cooed Melinda in return, her dainty hand encapsulated by her husband's larger, protective one. She wasn't usually this romantic in public - she preferred to be romantic in the privacy of her marital home.

However, it was understandable - she had had her first glass of wine for months, and the alcohol had gone straight to her head. It also made her Southern twang sound out far more strongly - she tried to suppress it when she was sober in her everyday life.

"He's charming alright," smiled Honey in return. Seeing the two all lovey-dovey and romantic really didn't bother her. She was going to have sex with Philip, and she really didn't concern herself thinking that he might not like her. She was a succubus - she charmed men who were in love with their lives all the time.

And like hell was she letting Philip turn her down. He was the most exciting human she'd come across in years, and she wasn't going to let him go without having fun with him first.

"Darling stop with the compliments. You're making me blush~" Purred the man, his arm secured tightly around her waist as they headed into the restaurant. He forgot how his wife acted when she got a few drinks in her. He loved it. He loved hearing her southern drawl, and her girlish giggles. He liked when she let loose.

Sighing to herself in genuine boredom, Honey decided there and then that she really hated both of these insufferable humans.

She may be intent on corrupting Philip and perhaps making him obsessed with her, which was inevitable even if he still loved his wife, but god, he was so irritatingly in love with her that it was sickening. Honey didn't really know what love was. She'd only felt it twice in her life: once when her son was born, and then, before that, when sh met the man that would take her virginity and turn her into... well, what she was now. She had genuinely adored that man, he'd seen past her peasant lifestyle and her plain looks, and he said he'd loved her too.

Until he left abruptly one night never to return. After that, she gave up on the idea of falling for someone. It wasn't in her DNA as a succubus, right? The closest she got was just having sex with guys and then preferably killing them. Another child would probably never live up to her first, so she wasn't getting love there either.

Love, simply, was a fucking useless emotion and she hated seeing it on strong display in front of her. Frankly, she felt like she was physically going to throw up-- and this was all before she even got pregnant.

"When are we physically going to be intimate? Ill need to arrange it in my diary," she murmured flatly, as though this was just a normal thing to do for her, which it sort of was. He didn't need to know that, though. "I'm assuming it won't take up my whole day. I'm a busy woman. Sex with you shouldn't be too long."

Philip glanced over at the woman, unable to hold a cackle back. "Confident aren't we? And of course, I wouldn't want to take up your entire day, Ms. Honey." Smiled the man, before looking to his wife. "I suppose we could set this up for when you are free. I'm usually free on weekends. Weekdays are a no go, considering I am a business man." But it wasn't like Nottingham needed a job since he was wealthy beyond belief.