• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Nessa O'Toole aka Emerald Dream

Nessa decided to leave the exquisite confines of her mother's palatial penthouse in downtown Manhattan. This was a couple of months back now. Her mother, a wealthy industrialist had tried to get her adult runaway daughter's accounts temporarily closed but Nessa repeatedly hacked them back open, then hacked her mother's accounts just for spite. So, she's been living largely on the streets of Hell's kitchen. She has had her mail redirected to one of those mailbox retail places. She will rent a hotel / motel room every few days to shower & clean her clothing. Largely she is doing this to learn about people. She helps at the shelters and has recently discovered Star Girl's meta homeless shelter. She is helping there too. She has decided to help patrol some of the worst parts of New York very recently.

upload_2017-5-11_0-30-36.png

She's gotten tattoos ( she had to pay extra due to her augmented healing. ) She drinks ( harder to get any kind of buzz with her meta human constitution ). So mostly because she wanted to say she experienced these things, she did them and several others. Sex can be wonderful, but some lovers, men and women and in between, can be less than attractive from a mental perspective. In short, part of her time on the streets is to experience life in more than a penthouse kind of way.

Today, she received her expensive night goggles courtesy Tony Stark's fine company. There were expensive , moreso to be tinted green special order. Most of her outfit and weapons can be summoned to her. She can even change her hair color and length with a bit of concentration.

This night she was wandering about in the dark. She had read of the seeming collapse of the foot clan and taking of their territory by the other ninja people, the hand clan. In Nessa's mind, such luck should be in fact countered by none other than herself. She made her way to the docks rumored to be controlled by the infamous hand.

She quick changed into her summoned outfit obtaining her enchanted fighting staff and patrolled up high where she could get a better view.

upload_2017-5-11_0-52-12.png

This night she was wandering about in the dark. She had read of the seeming collapse of the foot clan and taking of their territory by the other ninja people, the hand clan. In Nessa's mind, such luck should be in fact countered by none other than herself. She made her way to the docks rumored to be controlled by the infamous hand.

She quick changed into her summoned outfit obtaining her enchanted fighting staff and patrolled up high where she could get a better view.

ad591953-a064-485a-b6b8-9189cf828cba_zps3iccv5fi.jpg
Oddly, or maybe not so much odd considering it was New York City, a woman flew up to Nessa in a very skimpy costume that literally appeared partially there. To anyone with any magical ability at all, they could tell that she was actually more fully covered with a rigid sort of hard light armor, but a lot of it wasn't visible.

"Hey." She waved. "Patrolling too, huh?" Rin rubbed the back of her head briefly.

"I'm new in town. Avatar, if we're going by code names but I'm Kurasawa Rin, or Rin if you want to be familiar." The magical girl grinned and floated there mid air awaiting a response.

@Gands

"Hi there Miss Rin ! Call me Emerald ! I haven't been here too long myself. < She talks just quiet enough for Rin to hear > I was sorta hoping some of the Hand guys would conveniently show up and do something villainous. Come down here out of the sky, before someone spots yah !"

Emerald then waits for Rin to get closer.

With a slightly tilted head, " An armor designed for distraction ?"

@Michale CS

With a slightly tilted head, " An armor designed for distraction ?"
"Ano... Not really, Emarald. I haven't unlocked all of my powers yet so I think it's reflecting in my uniform." Rin says as she drops down to land near her.

"...It's a long story." She sighs and shakes her head. "I'm from... somewhere else. But still Earth. That talking duck explained it to me but not all of it made sense, to be honest." Rin rubbed the back of her head.

"And... Hand? Like the assassin clan? I thought they were in Japan? I mean, they were on my Earth, but everything's just a little different here." Rin closed her eyes for a moment. "No... I'm not sensing any violent emotions other than a bit of road rage nearby right now." She said when she opened them.

"But, I guess if you're a trained assassin you might have your mind more disciplined too, huh?"

Nessa OToole aka Emerald Dream

" Oooh, that makes a kind of sense. Maybe keep your senses open, My source said they control this dock for sure. Your powers better at range Rin ? I'm much better up close ! Yeah, the hand here is very much a part of New York. They usually work with the Mob here. "

Nessa returned to watching the dock area, her voice relatively quiet, then silent. She read the other woman's body language, seemed very open and honest.

@Michale CS

" Oooh, that makes a kind of sense. Maybe keep your senses open, My source said they control this dock for sure. Your powers better at range Rin ? I'm much better up close ! Yeah, the hand here is very much a part of New York. They usually work with the Mob here. "

"No, after about half a block it all blurs and I can't tell one person from another... as far as sensing things. But yeah, I have ranged attacks." She ticked off on her fingers. "I have a holy blast, and telekinesis and emotion Kanji and... well that's about it."

She rocked on her heels. "But holy blasts kind of... explode so I'd prefer just throwing stuff at bad guys to keep the damage down." Rin shook her head. "Ano, I am used to fighting demons and vampires and other monsters, not mobsters and well... ninjas. Though I do know Jiu-Jitsu. I'm a blue belt! Oh... am I talking too much? I know I am so..."

Rin made a zipping her lip pantomine and fell silent then.

@Gands

Nessa OToole aka Emerald Dream

Nessa snickered to herself and winked at Rin. Still watching the docks when a group of men came out of one of the warehouse buildings. They approached a group of large metal containers. Another of the men climbed up atop a second container. Nessa reached over and pulled Rini down close. She pulled something out of a bag.

(( quietly )) I'll take out the watch guy when they open the container. See if you spot any more please ! "

@Michale CS

I'll take out the watch guy when they open the container. See if you spot any more please ! "

Rin squinched up her face for a moment. "Nervous, nervous, bored... aand... calm and focused." She pointed to one of the heavy machines used to move the containers not far away, with a clear view of the containers the others were moving in on. "On top of that. There's someone, really calm and quietly determined. Sniper? I can cause a distraction or just take him out... but that might alert the others. I'm not good at this whole stealth thing."

@Gands

Docks at Hell's kitchen New York.

" Sniper ? I didn't expect that, alright, lets wait another moment"

The gathered men didn't seem to notice what Rini had. Even the watchman atop the 2nd container seemed oblivious. They opened up the container, pointing guns into it. There were several plus young Asian women inside it partially clothed.

" Crap, let me think. Okay, distract the sniper, I will take out the other watchman and leap into them. ( She grins ) Wish me luck Rini ! "

By her voice, Rini can tell Emerald is younger than she looks. This was an illusory disguise of some sort. As Rini was thinking about that, Emerald sprang into action, throwing a superball right into the newer watchman, which made a plunk ish noise and went high into the air. Emerald didn't waste any time, the young woman leaped acrobatically into the surprised group of men.

@Michale CS

" Crap, let me think. Okay, distract the sniper, I will take out the other watchman and leap into them. ( She grins ) Wish me luck Rini ! "

She gave a thumbs up to Emerald and seemed to disappear - but in reality she'd reduced her size to her smallest while flying toward the sniper.

A moment later, a rifle tumbled from the sniper's nest and she was in a wrestling match with the guy, who, well, really didn't have a chance against Rin's strength but she was trying not to hurt him so it looked like she was taking a beating - until she whipped around suddenly and dislocated the sniper's shoulder.

"Did that hurt? That looked like it hurt. Just stay down mister, I don't want you to get really hurt OK?" She leaned over the guy who was trying to slam his shoulder back in place by bashing it into part of the crane.

"Oh come on, stop that." She did a quick jab to the guy's temple and he was out like a light.

Then she turned, to see how Emerald was faring.

@Gands

Nessa was quick by any measurement. Her reaction time was probably among her best characteristics. But, she was also well trained, strong and durable. She seemed to be dancing amongst them. Add, incredibly graceful to the list.

As she watched, it seemed much like a thing of beauty. However, the other watch guy was groaning softly and holding his head, trying ... Struggling to get up.

@Michale CS

As she watched, it seemed much like a thing of beauty. However, the other watch guy was groaning softly and holding his head, trying ... Struggling to get up.

Rin flew in closer and drew a Laziness Kanji and set the floating glowy symbol floating over to the other watch guy. Suddenly, none of it seemed worth it and he sighed, deciding it was best just to lie there.

"So... what's next?" Rin asked as she landed next to Emerald. "Leave them here, call whatever passes for the Police Special Unit here in the US?"

@Gands

Nessa OToole aka Emerald dream

"Next ?, Oh, we call port Authority I think. Let the deal with the aftermath. "

Nessa handed Rin a pile of zip ties. Can you secure these guys while I call ?

Then Emerald called Port Authority and explained. This did take a bit though.

"Then she turned back to Rin. All done ?"

@Michale CS

Nessa handed Rin a pile of zip ties. Can you secure these guys while I call ?

Then Emerald called Port Authority and explained. This did take a bit though.

"Then she turned back to Rin. All done ?"

"Yup. Easy." She had tied them up fairly quickly, including flying up and bringing back the unconscious sniper. "We're waiting around for the Port Authority, eh? We made a good team."

@Gands

Nearby, the container nearly filled with terrified young women seemed to beckon to our heroes.

" Hmmn, do you think you have something to calm them down ? I can manage some Mandarin if I must, but it's not a language I am proud of "

"Personally, at this point my contact with authorities has remained anonymous. These men have alot of friends and I like the advantage of them not knowing me right now ! What do you think ?"

@Michale CS

Nearby, the container nearly filled with terrified young women seemed to beckon to our heroes.

" Hmmn, do you think you have something to calm them down ? I can manage some Mandarin if I must, but it's not a language I am proud of "

"Qǐng fàngxīn, wǒmen zài zhèlǐ jiù nǐ." Rin rattled off in perfect Mandarin, explaining to them to be calm and that they were there to rescue them, and sent a nearly invisible calmness Kanji into the container, letting the magic take effect. "I speak six languages." she casually mentioned.

"Personally, at this point my contact with authorities has remained anonymous. These men have alot of friends and I like the advantage of them not knowing me right now ! What do you think ?"

"Ano, now that they are calmed down and the authorities are on their way, we could leave just before they arrive. Or you could leave now and tell me where to meet you later and I could handle talking to the authorities?" The magical girl offered.

@Gands

" Alright, you can stay if you wish Rin. I don't care for the publicity as I've said. But there is a 24 hour Hispanic café on the border of Hell's kitchen and Harlem. I know one of the waitresses there, her mother owns the place. "

upload_2017-5-13_15-40-9.png

She turns away and walks a bit, in the shadows changing back into civilian attire.

"Thanks Rin, yeah, we do make a good team, see you at the café ! "

@Michale CS

• Love
Reactions: Michale CS
CAPTAIN AMERICA

The Quinjet flew through the night skies near New York. The near-silent thrum of the engines was testimony to its excellent design. Stark was fond of saying that "noise is a byproduct and bad engineering." Coupled with an advanced emissions dampener system, the sleek military transport was virtually undetectable save for up close by the naked eye. It made the jet a top-tier method for insertion and extraction.

The pilot called back to the solitary passenger strapped to a seat in the hold. "Nearing drop point, Captain. Reviewing mission parameters." The pilot paused to look over the briefs on his onboard computer. He recited, "The Hand is a new organization on SHIELD's radar trying to get a foothold in New York. Main operatives have training in ninjutsu. Currently dealing in human trafficking by latest reports. SHIELD's involvement is because of one the women in the cargo sent to New York is a person of interest."

The passenger slipped a hardened blue helmet over his head and cinched it in place. "What kind of person of interest?" he asked.

"That's classified, sir."

The passenger shook his head and unstrapped himself. "Of course it is," he muttered cynically. "All right. Open the bay doors." As the door opened and the wind whipped in, the muscular passenger slipped a red-and-white shield onto his back. "Let's see if I can fly any better than Superman...."

With that, he jumped.

The co-pilot gawked and turned to the pilot. "Did he have a parachute?"

The other soldier laughed softly. "No. No, he didn't."

---

Captain America survived the nearly mile-long drop by using his shield to absorb the impact of the blow; the properties of vibranium meant that even terminal velocity was absorbed fully by the unusual metal. He stepped off the shield, snapped his foot down on it, and caught the disc as it flipped into the air. He made short work of the padlock on the warehouse door with a single chop from the shield's edge and quietly slipped inside.

With movements borne from long practice, Captain Steven Rogers scouted the interior in silence and quickly discovered that someone had already done his job for him. Several Hand ninjas were in various states of injury and the young women who were part of the cargo had already been freed. It didn't take him long to interrogate the ninjas and question the girls.

What he learned made him frown. Two other vigilantes already struck and took care of business, but the person of interest he sought was not among the freed women.

Then he overheard two women talking outside the warehouse and crept closer. Judging by their words, they were the vigilantes he was looking for.

He emerged from the warehouse, the lamplights overhead revealing the Captain in his full combat attire, blue-and-white fatigues, and shield in hand.

"A good team indeed," he said. "You two cleaned up shop in there. My name is Captain Steve Rogers Sorry to interrupt, but I'm here on SHIELD business and I need your help."

@Gands @Michale CS

Hells Kitchen NYC docks.

From the shadows in the alley she had entered, Steve and Rin could just make out from the back, Nessa changing back into her hero outfit. She turned around to look at Captain America.

" Good day Sir ! A pleasure to meet you "

upload_2017-5-14_20-9-59.png

" My codename is Emerald Dream Sir. You will forgive me Captain if I am careful about my appearance and identity. Our opponents are quite clever and revenge is high on their list of traits. "

She stands all of 5'4" and carries now a 6 foot carved and engraved fighting staff. Her outfit aside from the green goggles seems hand made to the two of you, too much hand done artwork in black and gold.

" How can I be of assistance to the legendary Captain America ? Might I suggest as I had to my friend, that talking here might not be the best idea ? "

She looks over at Rin to see how cooperative her new friend is likely to be.

@Michale CS @Razilin