[F4A Playing M] “Louder Than Words” (Deaf Muse x Hearing Muse) || Slice of Life Roleplay With Heavy Drama and Romance Included!

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!

Valerie

𝙑𝙖𝙡𝙚𝙧𝙞𝙚
Original poster
Invitation Status
  1. Looking for partners
Posting Speed
  1. 1-3 posts per day
Writing Levels
  1. Advanced
  2. Prestige
  3. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Female

"Silence is only skin deep."

When Muse A arrived in the sleepy, lakeside town of Bayfield, Winsconsin they had no way of knowing it would change their life forever. They've tried to date men/women before, but being permanently put in the friend zone has left their dating life feeling stagnant. After their friends con them into going out and Muse A realizes it's all an elaborate plan to set them up, they brace for yet another failure, only to discover there "is" a spark. Except … it's not with the man/girl their friends had in mind. Enter Muse B. When Muse A sees Muse B sitting off by themselves, Muse A feels compelled to try talking to them — the fact that they're strikingly attractive doesn't hurt their chances either.

But Muse B has been deaf since birth. Their disability has cut them off from the world at large, but beneath their isolated exterior, there's more to them than meets the eye. When Muse B reveals their condition to Muse A, they're determined to make things work. Muse B is more intelligent, more genuine than anyone Muse A has ever met, and for the first time Muse B starts to feel like their life has some direction. But as their friendship deepens into something more, the difficulty in communicating with each other only grows, and it seems like everyone they know thinks their relationship won't work. How can they come to a deeper understanding of each other, and find a future together?

. . . . . . . . . . . .

ABOUT ME

. . . . . . . . . . . .

Hello, reader! My name is Valerie. I'm 18 years old, female, and looking for long-term partners to roleplay with! I enjoy taking on as many writers as I can manage — I like the challenge — which means that even if you come across my request at a later date, I'm likely still looking!

I've got around nine years of roleplay experience — give or take — and can writes upwards to eight paragraphs, and sometimes more! I don't expect a novel-length response every time you post a reply, but would generally prefer to roleplay with someone who can consistently write 3 paragraphs or more.

As your roleplaying partner, I'll update my status if I think my post will be delayed. I do work and go to school, so my hours and availability fluctuates. All I ask for is your patience during that time frame. I will gladly afford you the same courtesy!

I'm a big fan of romance and using face claims, and I'm the type to make pinterest boards, spam you with gifs, headcanons, and send you a playlist full of songs dedicated to our characters! I'm easily excited by the idea of our OCs being cute or getting into trouble. I live for these sorts of things, honestly.

Some OOC talk is appreciated, but not required! I'm introvert-friendly. As long as we can communicate effectively about our story, the rest is a non-issue.

I'm in this for the long haul. I want a story that can take us up to a year to complete, and I've got the patience and stamina to do it. I'm not here for quick and easy stories. Give me big plots or give me DEATH.

. . . . . . . . .

MY RULES

. . . . . . . . .

( 1 ) First and foremost: Minors DNI. That is to protect THEM as much as ME. You must be 18 or older if you intend to roleplay with me, given the mature nature of my prompts. No exceptions will be made.

( 2 ) Be nice and invested. To put it mildly, if I feel like I have to walk on eggshells around you or like I am having to do all of the contributing , then you're not the person I am looking for.

( 3 ) Respect my rules regarding mature content. I'm looking for all types of relationships - romantic, platonic, family, friends, enemies, and everything in between! That being said, while mature themes will be in my plots, and are even encouraged, there needs to be good chemistry between our characters before ERP occurs.

( 4 ) Good grammar and spelling is a plus. No one is perfect, and everyone is prone to basic writing errors. Myself included! But it /is/ something that bothers me when I see people consistently pumping out replies riddled with spelling and grammar mistakes.

( 5 ) I'm a little strict with this rule, but for good reason, I would think. You must be able to introduce new ideas throughout the roleplay. Make suggestions, throw out new concepts, press for conflict — be actively engaged! I am not a game master, and I do not intend to act as one. We both must be willing to contribute and do the heavy-lifting when needed.

… And I think that just about concludes my post! If my request has piqued your interest, send me a message introducing yourself and which muse you'd like to write for! We can workshop our characters and the plot during a more in-depth discussion in DMs! Low effort replies will be ignored.​