Falling Shadows || Rose x Dark x Happily

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.

~Happily.Ever.After~

Socially Awkward Penguin
Original poster
DONATING MEMBER
LURKER MEMBER
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Invitation Status
Posting Speed
  1. Slow As Molasses
Online Availability
late. [well... most of my partners seem to think so anyways] ... it varys, best to just check with me ^_^
Writing Levels
  1. Intermediate
  2. Adept
  3. Advanced
  4. Prestige
  5. Douche
  6. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
  3. Primarily Prefer Female
Genres
Slice of Life is my favorites, but I also love fandom based* and country based rps. I'm open to trying most things, but there are a couple that I won't do.

*I'm not interested in fandoms I don't know and I am not interested in playing canon characters. I only play OCs.

The musing death of ever-changing water can make the calm air as cold as looming shadows.

Hidden through the invisible night an extraordinary magic will stumble upon a casket of misfortune.

To behold such a chamber as unforgiving could bring down an entity.

@~Dark Disney~ @Princess Poisoned Rose @~Happily.Ever.After~

3Vjwm9C.png

Calm Air /.\ Son of Zeus
Baker_Deacon_Vincent_IV_-_18.png

~ Deacon Vincent Baker IV ~

~ 28 {October 21st} ~

~ Demi-God Status ;; Known, Claimed ~

~ Camper Status ;; Year-Round {since 8} ~

~ In a relationship with Rowan ~
Ever-Changing Water /.\ Daughter of Poseidon
3a_mw4pxm.jpg

~ Marella ~

~ 26 ~

~ Camper Status ;; Year-Round {since 13} ~

~ In a Relationship with Jasper ~
Cold Looming Shadows /.\ Daughter of Hades
hot-tattooed-girl.jpg

~ Rowan O'Callaghan ~

~ 25 {October 31st} ~

~ Camper Status ;; Year-Round {since 5} ~

~ In a relationship with Deacon ~
Invisible Night /.\ Son of Nyx
99760_chace_christopher_crawford_pic.jpg

~ Blake ~

~ 24 ~

~ Camper Status ;; Year-Round ~

~ Eventually falls for Karalynn ~
Musing Death /.\ Son of Thanatos
453a3df721032fa8c999cc7b53921de4.jpg

~ Jasper Hale ~

~ 27 {October 13th} ~

~ Camper Status ;; Year-Round {since 7} ~

~ In a relationship with Marella ~
Extraordinary Magic /.\ Daughter of Hecate
Underwood_Karalynn_Joy_-_15.jpg

~ Karalynn Joy Underwood ~

~ 20 {August 31st} ~

~ Demi-God Status ;; Unknown, Semi-Claimed ~

~ Camper Status ;; N/A ~

~ Eventually falls for Blake ~

• Love
Reactions: Dark_Psycho
The wind blew over the calm shores as the sun slowly rose on camp half blood. Those who were year rounders had already been there and set up. Summer was upon them and the summer campers who could easily go undetected in the world would return for the next 3 months. Those who were easily detected just tended to stay at camp. There were 5 regulars that were well known and 3 came from the Big 3 Son Of Zeus Deacon, Daughter of Poseidon Marella, and Daughter of The Dark Lord Hades Rowan. Both lesser dark Gods Thantos and Nyx had male children Blake and Jasper. However a new camper coming in was A Hectate female named Karalynn. She would be showing up with a seeker very soon. However the others seemed to be hanging out and playing cards. Rowan sat on her boyfriends lap.

"Ha Royal Flush" She cheered and laughed lightly. "I win again."She gleamed and looked at the other 4 as she took her gold drachmas off the table "sheesh I am sitting in your lap and you didn't even know that was coming" Rowan said looked back at Deacon teasing him. She smiled and kissed his cheek. Her Father had forbidden her from seeing Deacon. He was the son of there sworn enemy. However from what Deacon had told her his father had said the same. She could careless they were only part God's, however when her emotions got out of hand Deacon seemed to calm them and help her real them back in. Jasper was a good friend and could be helpful, but not like Deacon, he had a odd calming effect on her.

Jasper sighed as his dark friend won once again."Going to break me of gold drachmas Rowan." He said and settled arm behind his head as he stretched. "We should test each other's powers again see who wins,see if I can win some money back. Queen of the underworld and King of death." He smirked at her and she lifted a eyebrow. "Last time I won, wouldn't want to hurt you." She joked."however a bit of practice while we wait to be called to meet the new campers wouldn't be a bad idea. Would pass the time. What you all think or are we heading for a swim." Rowan said smiling at the others.

@~Happily.Ever.After~ @Princess Poisoned Rose

Last edited:
The blonde haired young woman looked out onto the water as the waves slowly lapped at the shore. The sun was starting to set. She pulled on the white pullover dress over her blue and silver bikini. She made her way towards the center of the camp where she knew her boyfriend Jasper and her friend Rowan and Deacon were hanging out. She walked through the camp with flip-flops on to get the gang so they could head down the beach together while the water was still warm. When she arrived she had walked up behind Jasper and put her hands over his eyes. She leaned down and whispered into his ear, "Guess who Jas?" She knew that he knew it was her but she loved playing the game.

She draped her arms around his neck and kissed his cheek, "Hey are you all ready for a swim while the water is still warm?" She said with a small smile. She adored her boyfriend with all her heart and she didn't really care who his dad was, even though her father warned her about him. Marella didn't care and they complimented each other really well.

Blake was leaning against the wall watching Jasper and Rowan go at it once again with cards. Jasper always thought he could win against the underworld demi-goddess. He was entertained by the way this dance always played out. He smiled more when Marella showed up, she really was like the calming presence of the group. It was really interesting when Marella lost her temper which hardly ever happened. Blake was probably one of the more hot-headed ones of the group. "I am in for a swim if you all are."

Deacon -- X

Grinning at the daughter of Hades, Deacon gave his head a little shake as he held his girlfriend on his lap "I'm awful at poker. and my dad isn't god of wealth" he winked, referencing Rowan's father's Roman form. Leaning back when the others mentioned swimming, Vinny grimaced a bit "I think I'll stay on the bank. last time I nearly electrocuted all of you." the blonde reminded. He did enjoy the water and swimming ... but only when it was just him and the fish.

Standing, Vinny followed his group down to the shore, an arm tucked around Rowan's waist as they went. It had been a really quiet summer so far, most of the campers were already familiar with everything, no new quests had come up, and Dionysus had only made about seven-thousand rude remarks and threats. All in all it was just a really pleasant experience.

Karalynn -- X ~ X

"Ouch" Kara breathed as she tripped over a large root in the middle of the forest. She had no idea where she was anymore. All the New Zealand native new was that she had flown to Long Island to spend a weekend with her brother ... who apparently wasn't even in new york ... he was in Maine, and now she was lost and scared with something chasing her.

Out of the corner of her silvery eyes she saw a dark flash in a nearby trees, and immediately she had found her feet. Red hair flying behind her as she ran through the forest that just seemed to keep changing. Every time she thought she recognized something it was different again in the blink of an eye... almost magically so. Huffing as she sprinted off, the twenty year old hadn't had to do this much cardio since finishing school almost three years ago.

Eventually Karalynn caught sight of a strange glimmery-ness in the distance. All of this seemed so unnatural, perhaps that would be the way to stop it. As she neared the glimmed it became darker and easier to see. She saw a figure that appeared to be a dragon, and it seemed to be guarding some old fabric hanging off some type of evergreen branch. Maybe whoever owned this place was a sculptor or something.

Almost as soon as her entire body had crossed through the border the unknown half-blood felt a sense of calm ... like whatever had been chasing her was gone. She new it was still out there ... but for some reason, in this location she felt safe. Taking a moment to gather herself and her barings, the red head dusted some dirt and dried blood off her knees, and straightened out her tank top. "Hello!" she called once she had regained herself a bit. "Anyone aroun? I'm not quite sure where I'm" the young woman added, hoping that if anyone heard her they would understand her past the thick of her kiwi accent. After waiting a minute, Kara began to walk further into the camp, hoping to find someone.

• Love
"Hello and welcome to camp half blood" a soft female voice came from somewhere in the dark. A dark shadow emerged and out came a elfish looking woman her features were pointy her eyes were sharp and her face had that of mischievousness. My Name is Kala you must be a new camper, come I will show you the way to the camp and introduce you to Mr. D the others will be arriving soon." She said and walked away not even explain anything to the what seemed to be confused female. The woman walked as if she was walking on air. Every step was dainty every step made absolutely no sound. She stopped at a big Farm house where a man sat in a wheel chair and another in Hawaiian shirt. The woman nodded to the man in the Hawaiian shirt and seemed to pop into thin air leaving the smell of pine and Jasmine behind. She left the female to be with Chiron and Mr.D. Curl in nudged him."Oh yes welcome to Camp Half Blood. I am Mr.D and this Chiron your camp councler. He will get you set up and all your activities taken care of." The grumpy man in the Hawaiian shirt said and snapped his fingers disappearing as well into thin air and leaving behind the smell of grapes and wine behind.the man in the wheel chair watched the Female.

"What's your name?" He asked her."by that confused look you have no clue who or what you are.please come sit let me explain everything karalynn. He pat the seat beside him and smiled gently." My Name is Chiron, now let me explain a bit.You are in camp halfblood a Safe Haven for Demi God's. Now before you go protesting I am not, your crazy, listen. You would never have passed through our boarders if you were just human. Ever have anything happen you could never explain. Ever see some thing you could never explain. Ever have reflexes you could never explain. Well that's your Greek brain hard wired, your hard wired for battle and the Greek language you can easily read it." He said and pushed himself up going to stand he grew up and upo and up and out of the chair sprouted 4 white horse legs and his torso attached."I am a Centaur."He said at her look."come let's see if we can't take a tour and find some of the year rounders." He said to her and started to walk showing her the dinning hall and cabins. He showed her training and obstacle course area. He stopped when he came upon the 5 at the beach playing and talking. He walked up and cleared his throat.....

Rowan smiled at her boyfriend as they got up to walk to the waters edge. She slipped her shirt and pants off as she went into the warm water. Laughing she watched as the others came in she splashed Jasper and Marella as they entered, the Son of Thantos was holding the daughter of Poseidon and kissing her. Rowan made a face as she splashed them."Get a cabin you two" she laughed as Jasper dunked her under the water. Rowan laughed as she resurfaced laying back, she enjoyed the warmth of the water and quiet of the sounds of the world frowned out as she started at the sky. Her body just lay there the water calm and just wonderful. After a bit she let the 3 play in the water as she went to join her love on the beach. She loved enjoying the warm weather and water. Everything had been calm and just peaceful and it was odd for the demi gods.Rowan turned her head when she heard a clearing of his throat.

Jasper played in the water with Marella and Blake. He laughed as they splashed around and just enjoyed the warm weather and water. The water was wonderful and he knew summer was upon them. He turned his head when he heard a male clear his throat. There stood Chiron as tall as ever. He watched Rowan stand and wave "Hey Chiron." She said."Good morning Rowan, enjoying the warm weather before camp begins I see." He said."Yes sir that we are." She said."Well I was wondering if maybe just maybe you could show the ropes to our new camper, maybe you and Mr. Deacon could be of some help or Deacon and Marella might be a better choice." He said. Rowan frowned she got prejudice about her blood line from many, This did include Chiron She got with her father's blood running through her veins she was going to always be considered dark evil and deceitful. She huffed."Marella would you and Deacon be so kind as to show our new camper the ropes her name is Karalynn. You 3 should probably go get ready for dinner." He said to Jasper, Rowan, and Blake. Jasper had no problem with his girl showing a new camper around, but his eyes did fall to the darkest of them all. Her temper could rival Marellas, but she could fly off the handle at any second of any day Marella was bit more calm. Her face had grown dark and the earth seemed to rumble under her feet. He kissed his girl quickly and walked up to his friend."Come on Rowan, lets go change and blow off some steam before Dinner he said and nods for Blake to help him keep Rowan from scaring the hell out of the girl that had just arrived. He looked at Deacon and shrugged."we got her man go on." He said. Jasper pushed Rowan towards the cabins to make her go change and then to meet him and Blake at the arena.

Deacon -- X

Karalynn -- X ~ X

Rubbing her eyes when the centaur stood from his wheelchair, Kara was almost positive this was all just a bad dream ... maybe her lamb was a bit bad or underdone last night. Camp half-blood ... a centaur ... demi-gods ... none of this was real. Just like the rest of her family, she was an irish-blooded native new zealander ... who somehow found herself anywhere but home. She had only just sat down and introduced herself as Karalynn Underwood ... though he had been vastly tempted to just say 'Kara' ... not caring much forher full first name as everything was explained to her.

Standing when she was told, Kara pushed her hair back behind her ears as she followed. She stayed tight-lipped, more than skepticism gracing her silvery gaze as she took in her surroundings. There were always things that had happened that hadn't been able to be explained ... from all her siblings ... even her parents. It was just natural coincidental-ness in her opinion. It sucked, and could be downright heartbreaking at times ... but it wasn't anything that seemed so vastly perplexing. The cabins were all so unique. It was almost like a carnival or faire from another era with how decked out some of the cabins were. The dining hall brought back the memory of food and she realized the last thing she had eaten was the lemon pastry last night, just before getting lost in the forest. Trying to silence the grumbling that started at the thought of food, the red head picked up her pace to walk by the man ... no, the 'centaur's' forequarter. However this contraption was built was amazing. it was seamless ... the perfect horse stature flowing into a human form. She would have killed for a costume like that when she was younger, not only that but it would have been hysterical to see her gelding, Roman Emperor [more affectionately known as Caesar], reaction. Taking a deep breath as they approached the five on the beach, Kara felt bad for breaking up their fun ... and the couples. With the exception of the one guy that sort of looked like a third ... or, er ... fifth wheel at the moment, the other four seemed to be awfully close in certain pairs.

Snapping her mind back to earth when Chiron cleared his throat, Kar gave a half smile and raised a hand in greeting. She had been about to introduce herself, this time only as Kara, but the supposed Centaur beat her to it, introducing her as Karalynn ... something she could only blame herself for.

Removing his arm from around Rowan's shoulders as he pushed himself off the ground, Vinny turned "Afternoon Chiron" he greeted happily, the laid back lad enjoying the warmth of the season. Just because the camp was essentially immune to any unwanted weather didn't necessarily mean it was sunny and eighty-five all year round... well it was sunny, or overcast at worst, but temperatures could vary a bit. Nodding at the request, Deacon looked at Rowan with sympathetic blue eyes. Even he hadn't trusted her when they first met ... then again, he hadn't trusted Marella either. All three of them were essentially born to be enemies considering who their parents were. Placing a hand gently on the center of her back, Deacon leaned over and kissed her temple quickly, relief swadling him when Jasper said they would handle it. "Nice meeting you" the blonde male greeted as he looked at his equally as blonde friend, allowing her to introduce them.

Once Chiron and the others left, Vinny took to Karalynn's other side so one of them was on either side of her ... taking the literal approach to guiding so this new person wouldn't accidentally wander off or something. "So I am just going under the assumption that you haven't been claimed yet, eh?" Deacon ventured after they had been walking a few minutes. The Hermes Cabin was in site, and it would probably be best to show her exactly where she'd be staying.

The redhead looked from one to the other, hoping for clarification as she walked along. "Clai--.. uh .. no, sorry" she said briefly, thoughts turning over and over in her head. "What would I need claiming for. Isn't this all just a game anyway" she asked, her accent crisp and clear. She had always been a very accentuated talker. She never tried to hide her voice, she just made sure to speak clearly or slow enough so anyone she was conversing with would understand her. In her own, unspoken, opinion Kara actually found it kind of marvelous how into the act these people were. The son of Zeus, daughter of Poseidon ... what's next, they claim they have super powers?

• Love
Marella instinctually wrapped her arms around Jasper as he planted a sound kiss on her lips. She let loose a laugh when she felt the water hit her back, "And deprive you of my gorgeous body, nope." She said popping the 'p' on nope with a teasing smile at her cousin and best friend. She and Blake let out a laugh as Jasper tackled Rowan under the water. Marella dove under the water and stayed under with the fishes as they swarmed around her greeting her. She enjoyed being under the water and found being the daughter of Posiden was something that she simply was destined to be. She popped up and wrapped her arms around Jasper with a smile and kissed his cheek. Blake was watching Rowan and Deacon on the beach when he noticed Chiron approach their rag-tag group. "Hey, Chiron," The dark haired male called out. He could feel himself getting stronger as the sun started to set below the horizon.

Marella turned with Jasper and gave a wave to the centaur. "What brings you around here Chiron?" She asked curiously as she unwound her arms from around Jasper's neck. She listened closely to Chiron and nodded her head, "No problem, just gotta stop by my cabin to change real quick." She said making her way out of the water and felt Jasper's lips on her cheek and knew that he was going to help calm Rowan down. "I'll help out Jasper and Rowan," Blake said starting to make his way to where they were headed towards. "Blake, good luck with my cousin," Marella said with a sympathetic smile. He nodded at her and turned her attention back to Karalynn. "Hey, I am Marella, daughter of Poseidon. And that one is Deacon or Vinny he is the son of Zeus and unfortunately my pain in the ass cousin." She said with a wave grabbing her white cover-up and slid it over her body.

"Let's go to my cabin so I can change real quick for dinner and then we can stop by your cabin, cousin," Marella said as they started towards her cabin quickly, she quickly ran into her cabin and changed into different clothes. She had finished changing in less than three minutes. As she was walking out of her spacious cabin she was pulling her hair up into a ponytail, "Alright let's get this show on the road." Her Irish accent mingled with her words. She slipped into step on the other side of Kara. "So do you wanna be called Karalynn or Kara or Lynn?" She asked trying to help the new girl to help her feel more welcome. As the walked she looked over at Deacon as he asked her about being claimed. The new girl seemed confused and seemed to think it was all a game. "Oh sweetie, this is far far from a game. Being claimed means your godly parent claims you as theirs and instead of staying in the ever abundant Hermes cabin, unless Hermes actually claims you, you will get to stay in your parent's cabin. Mine is Poseiden, and its close to the water at all times and has the most beautiful views." She said her accent mingling with her words heavily.

She could tell by the look on the girl's face that she was obviously not believing them. "I believe it is demo time. Let's stop by the stream." She said softly as they walked into the forest in the camp. She stepped to the stream, and looked back at the girl and walked right on to the water and stood on top of the water. She knew this probably wasn't enough to convince Kara. She lifted her hand and the water lifted up to her hand and Marella flicked her hand towards Deacon and Kara splashing them at their feet and getting them only slightly wet. She moved her hand again and gathered the droplets of water that had landed on them and collected them into a small ball and brought it back to the water and let it drop with a satisfying plop. Marella walked back on to the shore she smiled at the girl. "When... or if you get claimed, you will understand this is not a game," Marella said as they walked back to the main gathering area and to where Hermes cabin was. "What is truly amazing is that you have been in hiding this long and haven't been found by the monsters. Most of us here have been here at the camp since we were 11 or 12. This place is our home. I hope you can think of it that way once you start truly believing in yourself."​

Rowan was seething with rage and grabbed Jaspers wrist when he touched her shoulder to move her along. He gasped and tried to lead her to the cabins. He knelt and gasped as she grabbed his wrist tightly. " Hey Rowan, Row." He gasped grabbing at her hand. He gone pale and tried to grab at her. Jasper couldn't breathe, Jasper looked up at his friend, he put up a hand to Blake to stay back. He knew it wouldn't kill him,but it would kill Blake. Rowan was the God of the Underworlds child she was strong, he was Thanatos child The God of Death. He was struggling,but he would not die from her grip. "Rowan please." He was begging her she let go of him finally. He gasped for air and sighed."Damn girl got that death grip down." He said catching his breath. "Jesus." He stammered.Rowan had a ember glowing in her eyes." I am sorry Jasper." She murmered. Her eyes went to his arm a small red hand print was seared into his arm. Rowan shook her head looking at Blake and then Jasper. Maybe Chiron had been right she shouldn't escort any one around or be around people. She still couldn't control her powers or emotions. She shook and turned to disappear into her shadow travel.

"Rowan No." Jasper said. He went to grab her, but grabbed nothing."Uh oh. Don't tell Either of the other 2 we need to find her and fast." Jasper said to Blake. " we have shadow travel as well just have to change first then follow her shadow travel trail. Will start at her cabin first after we change." He said and rubbed his wrist lightly. It did burn a bit and he felt a bit dizzy, but he would recover just fine. A bit of ambrosia and he be good as new. He shadow traveled to his Cabin and went to shower and change before meeting Blake at Rowans Cabin. He stepped in and looked at her stuff. He saw her wet clothes hung up to dry and her towel was wet. Steam was still rising from the bathroom." Must of just left." He said to Blake. Jasper rubbed his head in frustration. Where would she go, he was trying to track his brain." The cliffs." He said finally to Blake," when she is upset, she goes to the cliffs creating a swirling pool of undead. Why? must be a comfort thing. Though then again I would do that to." He said and Shadow traveled with Blake to the cliffs. Stopping when he saw her staring down the cliff side into the water below. He heard wails and moans and sighed he figured right. He held up his hand." Best go find Deacon might be able to calm her down a bit. Chiron shouldn't have done that to her it was messed up, I mean I get it Daughter of the undead God is probably not the best guide." Jasper said and turned to walk away to go find Deacon and his girl.

Rowan had vanshied shadow traveling to her cabin. The cabin walls are made of solid obsidian and a skull is hung over the doorway. There are torches that burn green fire twenty-four hours a day. She went to shower and change. She changed into, Jeans, a black long sleeve shirt and a black Hoodie. She slipped combat boots on and Shadow traveled from her room to the cliff side. Sitting at the edge, she put her ear buds in she gotten from traveling to the outside world along with a I pod to play music. Her eyes starred down at the water below and turned it into a whirling pool of dead.

Jasper ran for Deacon when he saw him."Dude your girl cliff side. She won't calm down." He said and saw his friends eyes go to his arm." I am good she has a Death grip, but I will be fine, just go look after her." He said " Blake and I can take over from here." Jasper said he looked at his girl and sighed."Hey I am okay, she just got a nice grip." He said." Nectar and ambrosia I will good as new." Jasper said kissing his girl on the head.

Deacon -- X

Karalynn -- X ~ X

Kara watched the interactions a bit quizzically, raising a hand to cover her mouth as a short giggle protruded while seeing the interactions between Marella and Deacon. The blonde male had given the blonde female a small shove, something Karalynn figured was just a playful type gesture, almost like something of a brother and sister relationship. Though everything about this place just scremed 'weird' at the moment, these two automatically made her feel more comfortable... almost like she was with her brother Ken and ... maybe her sister Karissa ... though that opinion could change once she really knew them.

Walking between them, Kara let out a soft but long breath, one she hadn't realized she was holding. In a wierd sort of way it way actually cute how into this whole 'half-blood camp' thing they all were ... perhaps they were all counselors who just got into character before the kids arrived? She wasn't sure exactly how the school systems here worked or anything, but maybe camps ran late ...

When they stopped outside of the Poseidon cabin, she and Deacon made small talk for a brief moment. "I prefer Vinny" he mentioned as the other tour guide walked back out, causing Kar to look down at herself. The change of clothing Marella appeared in made Kara feel a small shiver go down her spine as she recounted once again how grungy she felt. She needed a shower or a hair brush at the very least, and a change of clothing would be nice... but she had lost the pack about two seconds after she started running. The redhead was certain it was still somewhere in the forest ... but she didn't dare travel back to find it.. whatever that thing was ... possibly a bear ... though it didn't seem likely they'd hve them here, a coyote maybe... it was a stretch, but still seemed possible, anyway the point was that it was still out there and she had no way of defending herself. Whatever boundary thing they had in place to keep the creatures out here seemed to work. So even if it was a strange place she knew she was safe for the time being. Perhaps she'd even be able to track the call that came from her 'brother'... her fraternal twin had claimed to never have contacted her... nor had he been in new york, and Killian wasn't the type to play jokes.

The trio began to walk again, Vinny pointed out a few things here and there that were just symbolic type things, explaining a few of the cabins as they went, such as why Aries was decorated in such a, hm, vulgar manner. Looking up at Marella the five-foot-even young woman gave a soft half smile. Most people didn't care to ask what someone preferred to be called. "I prefer Kara ... I never understood much why me parents needed to attach the Lynn" She smiled, taking in a deep breath. "Do you have a shortened preference?" Karalynn asked in turn, since it seemed that both herself and Deacon held a preference for nicknames. She had noticed the other young ladies accent earlier, when they first met ... but she figured it was fairly obvious that she was held an irish ethnicity ... even if she sounded more oceanic. Curiousity prickled her fingertips as she pondered whether Deacon and Marella could pinpoint that she was a New Zealander or though she might be an Aussie. The accents were quite similar, and many people often confused the two... natives included from time to time.

"The views are totally better in my cabin" Deacon poked, chuckling warmly... the comment pointedly aimed at Marella... almost like this was an ongoing topic they liked to bicker .. or, erh ... discuss. "My cabin is recently renovated. It's elevated now, overlooking all the other cabins, and the majority of the camp actually" he breathed, raising his chin like he was a proud father or older brother of something. "But" he continued after a moment, seriousness guarding his silvery-green eyes as he looked Kara directly in the eyes "Marella is correct. This is no game. for a lot of us this camp is the ultimate safety ... especially for Marella, Rowan and Myself. If we stayed out of the border too long as kids we wouldv'e been killed by now. In fact, we're all pretty old now considering we are from the big three." he paused, letting Kara process for a moment and Marella add in her two cents. "Big three?" Kara questioned, her eyes squinted in disbelief. This was all really elaborate, but it just seemed like some overdone thing... kind of like the people who ran renaissance fairs. All wackado's no matter how nice they were. "Geez, you really don't know a thing, eh." he stated more than questioned as he took a deep breath "Zeus, my dad is the ruler of the gods overall. Poseidon, marella's dad is the ruler of the sea. Hades, Rowan's dad is ruler of the underworld. They are all brothers and some of the oldest on Mount Olympus. I think Aphrodite might be like the only older one." he finished, nodding at Marella in agreement as he motioned for Kara to follow them over to the river. It was probaly best to let the demi-god of the sea demonstrate... Deacon had a tendancy to break or hurt things when he summoned a thunder and lightning storm. The last time he tried that half of the strawberry fields were destroyed and Dionysus gave him 'kitchen duty' for the next three summers... That was also when he was sixteen though. Now he could usually control things, unless something like water connected with him. He had even begun to be able to glide a little on the wind in the past three or so years. Nothing magnificent, and usually ending in a clumsy landing, but still gliding or hovering a few feet for maybe thirty seconds to two or three minutes at a time.

When they got to the stream, Kara looked skeptically at Marella as she walked on the water. Pursing her lips she watched the tricks. It was cool, but probably just a really advanced magic trick or something. Humans weren't capable of that stuff. Obviously they didn't want to be logical though, so the young woman just kept her mother clamped shut and her arms folded over one another ... not because of feelings. It was just a natural stance for her .. but she was also a bit chilly, and really, really hungry right about now.

Watching the ground ahead of her intently as they walked back to the cabins, Kara listened as her friend ... was she her friend now? or just a tour guide? ... continued on about claiming and monsters and everything. Holding up a hand she stopped walking. "How does one 'get claimed'?" she asked, putting air quotes around the last two words. "and what monsters exactly... it's a forest. besides some wild turkey, racoons, porcupines, deer and i dunno, whatever was chasing me, probably some coyote or something there wasn't anything out there ... it was just intimidating cause the forest seemed to keep changing. Besides, I couldn't leave my siblings. My grandparents would go insane caring for two sixteen year old and two twelve year olds ... especially when your so called 'weird stuff' happens to them too... it was just different from what happened to me and Killian" she breathed before turning her head at the sight of movement. The other two guys from before were approaching "two o'clock" she breathed, motioning with her hand in the direction of the guys. She stared intently, confused by the chattering as she waited. The bruise on the longer haired man's wrist blatantly obvious. His terminology of medication confusing the new camper even further. Were nectar and ambrosia camp terms for ointment and ice packs?

When Kara motioned slightly behind and to the left of him, Deacon moved his head to look over his shoulder before turning completely. A puzzled and worried expression mixing on his face as he took in the sight of his two friends. "Rowan did that" he stated, no question about it in his voice. She had done that once to him... though not as severe ... they had both been kids though, and new members of the camp. The couple had arrived within a few months of each other... and heedless to say five year olds don't have great control over anything ... so when an eight year old upsets a very powerful five year old things can go wrong very quickly. "You sure, you could go rest in the big house dude. We could leave Marella and Blake to it if you need to go get some now" Deacon said, concern for his friend evident in his voice as he started to walk away. "I'll see you all at dinner. Hopefully you'll be claimed Kara. Bye" he added quickly before turning his back to the group and running off in a direction they hadn't explored yet. Shifting her weight from one leg to the other, Karalynn chewed on her bottom lip out of nervous habit while she waited. It wouldn't be outrightly noticeable that she was nervous to anyone who didn't know her ... but she felt a bit nervous, though she couldn't pinpoint why as of yet..

Running through the unmarked 'path' in the forest to the sandy, gravelly edge of the cliff side, Deacon stopped at the edge and gazed around until he heard the dreadful moaning. Taking a deep breathe he muttered to himself as he jumped up "now or never dude, just don;t fall to your death". Feeling secured suddenly, Deacon let out his hesitation as he was succesfully hovering. That was the easy part. Floating up a bit to get a better view, Deacon felt his concentration wavering briefly as he spotted the pool and forced himself to concentrate again, willing the air to push him in the direction he desired to go. It didn't last long, and he landed ungracefully just outside the trees once again, but much closer to his girlfriend. Stopping only a mater of feet from Rowan he let out a long, slow breath. "Row" he called gently, his light gaze holding only concern and worry for the one he loved most. Regardless of what their parent's felt it was their lives to live. "Rowan, please let me in. You know Chiron didn't mean it like that. No matter how crappy it was what he did you know he trusts you. Please. Come back to us." he said gently, reaching out his left hand. He didn't dare touch her first, but he held it out to her as an offer.

Marella rolled her eyes at Vinny's jab at the view of her cabin. "Yeah get back to me Vin when you get hippocampi outside your window in the morning." She said teasingly. She was conversing happily with her newest... friend? Did the girl even like her was the real question in her mind now. She was interrupted seeing Jasper approaching the threesome. Her eyes flickered over him before resting on the angry red handprint on his arm. Blake had a slightly worried look on his face and walked over to Marella and Karalynn. "I can take over Mar if you wanna tend to Jasper's arm." He offered up. Marella looked at him and smiled, "Thanks, we were on our way to the mess hall." Blake nodded and gave a smile, "Can I shadow travel with her?" He said with a mischievous smile.

Marella choked back a laugh, "Yes please, she seems to be having a hard time accepting this whole thing." She looked at Kara and winked at her, "Good luck and try not to lose your stomach." She grabbed Jasper's uninjured hand in hers with a small smile. "Let's get that fixed up..." She walked towards the big house fountain and sat on the edge of it and stuck her hand into the water and let it curl around and up her arm much like a snake would. It went across her back and she grabbed his injured arm gently in her hand and let the water wash over it. She watched as it slowly faded from an angry red to a pale pink before bringing the water back and letting it back into the fountain. "Now ambrosia should fix the residual of it." She stood up and pressed her lips to his cheek gently.

Blake smiled and stepped into the shadow of a nearby tree and held out his hand to Kara, "May I?" He hardly ever asked anyone's permission to shadow travel because well the big three really didn't even care anymore and Marella and Vinny always seemed to be ready to go when every he grabbed them and teleported them to Rowan. Once her hand was within his, he smiled, "Brace yourself." Soon dark shadows wrapped around the two and teleported them to a shadow right next to the mess hall. He watched Kara's face very carefully for signs of sickness.

((Hope you don't mind Happily))

Status
Not open for further replies.