Ilvermorny School of Witchcraft and Wizardry

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
M

Momento Mori

Original poster
Welcome to Ilvermorny School of Witchcraft and Wizardry!

image.gif

Ilvermorny was first established in the 1600s as a magical home-school by co-founder Isolt Sayre and her non-magical husband, James Steward. Together they taught and made wands for their two adopted sons Webster and Chadwick Boot. Before long their little school attracted the attention of witches and wizards from all over North America. The cabin had transformed into a magnificent castle with more students, staff, and dorms as time progressed. To keep the secret safe from No-Majs Ilvermorny was enchanted multiple times. It's sits atop Mount Greylock and hidden swirling mists.

• That time of year is once again upon us. Summer has come and gone, in its wake comes fall. For tne magical sort, it means the start of a new school year at the wonderful Ilvermorny School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Students both new and old prepare themselves for this new stage in their lives while trying to find their place in the magical world.

• a0edb9991b1cab50c5d70e763279bea46d1c1175_hq.gif

The castle was once a granite stone house constructed by Isolt Sayre and James Steward to be their home. When it eventually became a school, the cottage kept expanding until it became a castle. The front doors are adorned with marble statues of Sayre and Steward on either side
    and open into a circular entrance hall, which lies beneath a glass domed roof. The room is surrounded by a wooden balcony on the floor above, and is empty except for four wooden carvings representing the houses, which are used in the Sorting Ceremony. The grounds of Ilvermorny are overlooked by an unknown species of snakewood tree, the leaves of which have been found to have medicinal properties.

• Ilvermorny is separated into four houses. Each represents a party of the body. It is rare but possible for a student to be picked by two houses. If such a thing happens then the student may decide which house they wish to join.

Horned Serpent
    ilvermorny_house___horned_serpent_by_katmares-da85u02.png

Considered to represent the mind of a witch or wizard. It is also said that Horned Serpent favours scholars.

Wampus
    3UXpO0t_d.jpg

Considered to represent the body of witch or wizard. It is also said that Wampus favours warriors.

Thunderbird
    latest

Considered to represent the soul of a witch or wizard. It is also said that Thunderbird favours adventurers.

Pukwudgie
    Tk5AJRD.png

Considered to represent the heart of a witch or wizard. It is also said that Pukwudgie favours healers.

• Canon:

• Pureblood prejudice isn't common in North America.
    • Magical creatures and No-Majs are viewed as threats.
    • Wizards and Witches get their Wands from Ilvermonry.

Rules:

•No god-modding,power-playing, ect
    •Cursing is allowed but be mindful of of Iwaku rules
    •Romance is also allowed but keep mature themes in the PMs
    •Be realistic during duels and with magic in general. A first year won't win a fight against someone more experienced. You can dodge ever spell thrown your way
    •No Mary-sues or Gary-Sues
    •Realistic face claims only

• •All credit goes to the amazing J.K. Rowling. Ilvermonry belongs to her.
    •My information was taken from Pottermore and the Harry Potter wiki page

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm in.... A thousand times in!

Reactions: Momento Mori
I actually have an interesting old character concept.

• Love
Reactions: Esmeray
Reactions: Mook-LandStrider
Question! Can we take a quiz to determine all our houses to make it seem more genuine or should we just pick? XD

• Love
Reactions: Momento Mori
Question! Can we take a quiz to determine all our houses to make it seem more genuine or should we just pick? XD
You can take the quiz, I'd prefer that actually ^_^ I was gonna post the links later

• Love
Reactions: Esmeray
You can take the quiz, I'd prefer that actually ^_^ I was gonna post the links later

Now I cant take the quiz from pottermore since you can only take it once and I have limited amount of emails but I'll look for a different quiz that seems just as good.

Or I could make a quiz :3