INVICTUS

[fieldbox="Dragovich Vollrath, #99001C, solid, 10, Palatino Linotype"]
Now Playing: Kamelot- Under Grey Skies

As ever the response to his fumbling with simple everyday tasks was gracious and attentive. For that Dragovich was and for ever would be eternally grateful for Sibylla's companionship. She was something of an inspiration at times. No matter how much she did, the boundaries of her generosity seemed nigh nonexistent. It was occasionally the source of much worry for Drago. He feared more than anything his lover's incredible benevolence would come at the cost of her own well being. As she roused form her slumber to answer Dragovich's call he felt a twinge of guilt make a jab at him. He had thought she was already awake but from the look of it he had been mistaken. Despite what she said Dragovich could not help but feel the worry creep into his heart and begin to tighten it's vice like grip. "A-are you sure? I had thought...I didn't mean to wake you."

Interrupting what little rest Sibylla allowed herself seemed was a crime of epic proportions. As far as Dragovich was concerned, this was one of many strikes he ascribed to his record in this relationship. Not only had he disturbed her sleep he'd not been around enough to help instill that sense of normalcy this life so desperately needed. Perhaps if he'd made more trips to visit her while she worked or something of that nature, it might lend reason to maintaining a more regular schedule, be it for rest or otherwise. The anxieties that so loved to poke and prod at every possible entry into his mind bored deep as he considered all of the alternative paths he could of taken. Every minute action and mistake made evident in a matter of seconds. Some of thee concerns were valid but many of them were hyperbole and pitfalls designed by the malfunctioning machinations of his well worn psyche.

He was in a whirlwind of invasive little notions, each unassuming on it's own but en masse their venomous little bites could fell even the mightiest of beings. Dragovich's world seemed to move in slow motion as he unconsciously began to weave yet another web of torment he'd undoubtedly ensnare himself in. His gaze went from the floor, to every darkened corner of the room, searching for some place to focus his attention fearing that perhaps if he made eye contact he'd broadcast all his insecurities to his beloved as though they could read his mind. Though try as he might to avoid it, his sights soon drifted back toward Sibylla. She of course did what she always did for him, since the day he'd met her. Back they were little more than insubordinate soldiers in neighboring cells. He was the repeated offender and she a new edition. She had the voice that could soothe the savage beast and the words she spoke carried hope with them.

With a gesture as simple as a smile, the cold tendrils of his uncertainties became as ash and cinders in Sibylla's radiance. It always struck Drago as strange that she had such an effect on him, he'd often jest with himself the idea of a magical charm being at work. Alas this was no spell nor a siren song. It was something special in its simplicity. It was love that captured his heart and calmed his turbulent soul in his darkest hours. For a moment as Sibylla extracted herself from the sheets of their bed and approached him, his mind drifted back to the day they met. He could remember every detail as if it had been only five minutes ago.

She had been welcoming and warm despite the yoke of tyranny that loomed over their heads. The cold and the dark of the prison cells was no match for the mote of sunlight she seemed to bring with her. Dragovich had been ready to hate her as much as he hated everyone else in that god forsaken place. He barely remembered if they'd crossed paths prior,but she surprised him with her grace. Gentle and polite, she'd been so unlike the others he'd been forced to work with. And twice as different from those that had shared the cell next to him. She brought with her pleasantries and an air of freedom, everyone else spat insults and venom his way.

After a few moments the memory faded from his mind, leaving only the image of his beloved. The fluttering in his chest intensified as she stepped even closer, adjusting his attire ever so carefully. Dragovich found himself far too distracted to take note of what ever subtle changes were being made to the state of his tie, sure he should have but he found himself transfixed on the visage of his partner as she worked to rectify his mistakes. " Thank you." he muttered nervously. Dragovich had thought to draw out his thanks in as poetic a fashion as he had been greeted, but his words were cast into oblivion as he was silenced with a kiss.

He returned the gesture with gusto as the fluttering his chest threatened to burst from his body in a crescendo of saccharine sentiment. Perfect, she had said. Drago smiled softly at her words, the overwhelming urge to try his hand at amateurish poetry finally wrested control from the rest of him. "It can only be perfect because you are here. Without you my life and my tie would be hopelessly the lesser." he cooed just before he leaned in to kiss her a second time. Part of him felt strangely guilty for enjoying moments like this as much as he did. Often feeling like perhaps he enjoyed the dramatics a little too much. To many others such exchanges might of seemed to be perhaps excessive or perhaps a tad mawkish. He remembered hearing talk of such habits being typical of newly formed relationships, that it was a sharp blade whose edge would soon dull with time.

Yet even after so many years of their closeness the two of them had yet to shed the theatrics from their routine. It was refreshing to be expressive even if it was sometimes cringe inducing in the aftermath. It was after all no one's business but their own. In the time he'd been trying to refine his skill with both the written and the spoken word, to better lend to these moments he'd come across an interesting quote from an artist. 'The first man to compare the cheeks of a young woman to a rose was obviously a poet; the first to repeat it was possibly an idiot.'

He didn't understand it at first but with time he came to see what they had meant, repetition was something that would quickly cheapen and destroy the message behind such thoughts. The way Dragovich saw it there are likely few original ideas left to be had, and so if he complimented the one he loved in such a way that would label him a fool, then he would gladly proclaim his idiocy. Dragovich smiled broadly once they parted from the kiss, his spirits lifting considerably. "So, my muse. Sibylla, are you looking forward to the event? I'm not fond of gatherings, but I can make exceptions since I'll be with you. Unless you wanted to simply stay here. I'd be just fine with that as well." he hinted with an impish grin.

All the while Dragovich wrapped his arms around Sibylla, gently pulling her into a hug. "In all seriousness though. You are certain you've had enough rest? You've been working quite a lot lately. I don't mean to bother you with it, I'm just...concerned is all...hrmm. I still need to get the time to take you out one of these days. Like away from the base, someplace nice, someplace different. Or maybe we pay your family visit...or maybe..." he prattled on softly, easily losing himself to a myriad of when's and where's. Eventually realizing he was likely delaying Sibylla from getting ready to attend the mixer. Despite knowing it might be holding them up, Drago was reluctant to release his hold on the embrace. Swaying back and forth from one side to another ever so gently he continued to hug his dearest.

"I realize I might of started getting ready to go a tad early. I didn't want to bother you and all....but perhaps I should of waited until...never mind. I migth still be holding you up, though. Sorry. I just rather like being close to you, you know? Well....enough of that yeah?" he said in mock misery, offering Sibylla a roguish wink before loosening his embrace and taking a step back. "My only wishes now are that we will have a chance to dance together and that I may have a hope of measuring up to your beauty. I wouldn't want to drag you down." he added with a playful chuckle.

Company:Sibylla

[/fieldbox]

Last edited by a moderator:
QQ9wrNI.png
"OKAY I'M SORRY." Gabe replied to Nike's snapping response. He cringed slightly, but knew that Nike wasn't exactly upset at him, but more irritated that the speaker system was being a bit of a butt. He took a step away and put a hand over his mouth in an attempt to show some kind of patience. But his rocking from foot to foot showed that he was far too antsy to be calm.

When Nike spoke about changing up plans, Gabe looked over to her and stopped rocking. "Plan A to Plan C. Got it." He echoed, nodding his head a little. "Oh, I remember! I like that one." his anxieties seemed to melt away in that moment. He began to smile, imagining the song starting to play in his head. "So the pose that we're going to do," he started as he began to move into a pose. "is like thi--"

The sound of a rather irritated Yuka. Or at least Gabe's paranoia made her sound highly irritated. He instantly reeled back, moving his arms from a strong pose to a modest one, as if he were covering up his chest--which oddly enough was actually covered this time. "YUYU!" He called out when he saw her, and instantly switched gears. He dropped his arms and his head dramatically. "I know, I'm sorry! we just wanted to--..." His voice trailed off as he looked back to Nike, then back to Yuka. "Grand entrance!" He frowned, almost pouting. It was just... the whole idea of having to stop what they were doing, skip out on their fashionably late grand entrance and then having to explain they were late because they had to skip out on their fashionably late grand entrance? Super lame!

But then Gabe's eyes brightened a little at the idea. "Hey, do you wanna join in too? I mean I know you were already there but like... i dunno? Wanna? And then we can all go together and then we could do our appointment and then everything will be super cool!" Gabe had started to speak a little faster than he probably needed to, but apparently he wanted to get out his explanation before he was completely and utterly shot down.

@The Red Sage @Tarieles

Sparky Quinn
Mentions: Sable "Crimson Daddy."
Interactions: Kent(@Sanctus) , Atticus Quinn(@Tarieles) , Jon(@Candi Cosmo)

The phrase "Crimson Daddy" being shouted had caused Sparky's head to turn to see where the hell that even came from. Moments later, he spotted the source as the red-headed male he laid eyes on moments ago went past him and the others to go meet with the woman who shouted a very… Interesting nickname to the Heavens. "I don't even think… I want to know the story behind Crimson Daddy… I really hope that is not actually the guy's codename around here. If it is, I feel bad for him already." Sparky commented mainly towards his small group around him before bringing his full attention back to them when another person joined in on their conversation, speaking with a very familiar accent while it seemed like Kent was also from the same area.

"Huh.. So, that makes three people here that are from New York then." The Demigod states, flipping a few of his shaggy white bangs out of his field of vision as his amethyst eyes focus on Atticus briefly. "Fine by me.. And name twin indeed though.. I don't think I have any blood family members with the name Atticus." He replies, slowly shrugging his shoulders. "I guess Quinn is just a common New Yorker name." Sparky added. When Kent asked Atticus about what part of New York he was from, the Demigod himself couldn't help but think of his home now. Sparky lived in the parts where people would consider the "expensive" side of the city as Central Park and Town Square was within walking or biking distance… Or you know, lightning distance considering Sparky mostly travels via power lines.

"Aye.. Now that I think about it… How far of a reach does Invictus have in the world?.. Network seems pretty damn big. I'm wondering if they have bases setup in places like Germany, Russia, Australia, France…" Sparky looked at the small group, searching to see if any of them had answers to his curious digging.

Credit to darkflames13 for template

Atticus Quinn
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ◇ ▬▬
Interactions: Seier (@Mars Walker) Mara (@rissa) Sparky (@Fallen Star) Kent (@Sanctus)
Mentions: John (@Candi Cosmo)

HSlSVw4.png

Hearing that both of the males were from New York, including his name twin, Atticus gave both of them a wide smile. He enjoyed meeting people from the city, felt like the world was a little bit smaller.

"Ay, noice tuh see some others here. I'm a Brooklyn guy m'self." He took another drink of his beer, finishing it off. "Well, I was born down ova in Red Hook, shitty place but it's home, y'know? Grew up there, yeah, but 'ventually made my way over to the Hill. Yeah, Clinton Hill. Nice place, okay, don' get me wrong, but ah man some stuck up sons'a bitches. Only lived there cuzza my wife." He shook his head, a distant look appearing in his eyes for a moment, before looking back up at the two.

"Where ya boys from then? Don't quite sound Brooklyn." He asked, looking from Kent to Sparky, also acknowledging John. Listening to Sparky muse about the reach Invictus had also made Atticus slightly wonder where exactly all of the facilities were. He knew there were a lot of people from the London branch, as well as at least one from the Tokyo branch. Whoe knew where Invictus had branches, it could be just about anywhere.

He was lost in thought for a moment, before he heard France. His head suddenly perked up, and he swung back around to face Seier, stumbling as his feet slipped from the floor and he lost his traction from his shoes. As he spun, he came face to face with what looked like a sewing needle floating around in his magnetic sphere. He grabbed it, shoving it under an empty shot glass on the table to it wouldn't bother him.

"Ay, you said sommin about France, whatah- what was France? Why you never goin' back tuh France?" Atticus was a sucker for gossip and she was just drunk enough that she'd probably spill her story pretty easily. "I know you wasn't in the facility there, cuz ya new."

Seier Rose

Seier blinked slowly, her face feeling numb. Things seemed to move both in slow and fast motion, and it was rather disorienting. The words 'Crimson Daddy' were shouted somewhere in the room, and she lifted her eyes from her plate of food for a moment, before losing interest and putting a small bite of food in her mouth.
Sable left the table after a moment, and Seier rubbed her face, a long and drawn-out sigh escaping her.
How nice et would be tae nawt be numb.
Seier was frustrated that she'd lost the challenge, and became a wee bit more peeved when she finally came to understand that Sable was just giving her the prize.
She looked up at Atticus as he spoke to her in a slurred New Yorker accent, her lips parting to form words slowly as he handed her some money. Seier snatched the money from Atticus, counting how much was there, but not actually fully understanding what she was doing.
"..Use et howevuh...buy booze..." Were the only words Seier truly got out of what he said before he glanced at Mara. Seier turned to look at Mara, studying the woman in slow silence. Seier looked back at Atticus as he walked away, her eyebrows knitting together thoughtfully, "Oi, Murrah. Mum. Mari- MARA," Seier took a deep breath after finally getting Mara's name right, "I think tha' fucker there's a good frien'. Good drinken' bud!" She gave a mischievous half-smile to Mara, a happy drunken twinkle in her normally dull grey eyes.

It felt like hours had passed before someone talked to her again, and it happened to be that Atticus asked Seier a question no one else had- and she wasn't sure she was quite prepared to tell anyone what had happened in France. But with all the alcohol in her system, Seier's mouth moved faster than her common sense, and she ended up spilling the beans.
"Ah donnae wonnae go back tae France because...because well..." Seier closed her eyes and took a deep breath, clasping her small hands together tightly, "Ah met a lad en France. Aye, he were a feckin looker, fucken 'andsome as awl feck, boi wos fit! Ahm naw sure ef 'e wos a musical artist, or if he were a gangster, aer maybe both, bot ah think ah quite fancied tha lad. 'E kaenda pissed me awff tho, 'e werenae loyal man, y'know? I wos 'boot 19 years old at tha taime, aan ah didnae intend tae stay wit' em aneh longer, an' a'd known the lad fer aboot a year, fucked 'round wit 'em, an' one evenin' we gawt shitefaced and ah fucken' married the man." Seier paused her story to lift a simple gold chain out of her sweater, a gold wedding band with a small white diamond hanging from the chain, "Ahm a feckin' married woman, ah 'aven't filed fer divorce 'cos ah donnae know where tha fecker es..." Seier's cheeks were red with embarassment, and she tucked the wedding ring back under her sweater, sinking down in her chair a bit.

"...Tha's wot 'appened en France." She spoke quietly, both embarrassed and upset.

[/hr]

♘ . NIKE DESCHAIN
Department of Fieldwork
Senior Agent
[[ Place: Closet > Auditorium || Fam: @Dao Ma (Gabe), @Tarieles (Yuka) > a lot of people || Feels: HYPE!! || Tunes: I Know How To Say ]]

As Nike wound the last inch of electrical tape over the wires, the sounds of a different commotion drew her attention away from her victory. In fact, the commotion sounded suspiciously like a door opening, and an exchange of surprise and authority. Who? WHO?! Who was it breaking in on their moment of triumph?! Snapping around was all Nike needed to do to answer that question for herself. Yuka. Matsui Yuka. Tech nerd extrodinare and rocker of the most colored of hair. Damn, damn did Nike just wanna high five her everytime she saw that hairstyle, but she withheld. There were other matters to deal with.

"No, Yuka's right! Gotta go now! And when I mean now I mean-" She turned back to the small device she had attached to the wiring, poking it once or twice before it gave a happy 'beep!'. "... Now now!" Without waiting for a proper response from either parties, Nike brought up one foot and kicked the cart that the speakers sat on towards the doors as hard as she felt safe to.

"GABE! GRAB YUKA AND BRIEF HER! ME! CART!"

With a couple long strides Nike leapt forward, her feet leaving the ground before landing once more on the lip of the moving cart. Twenty seconds. They had twenty seconds to move their happy asses down the hallway to the auditorium doors, bust in, position themselves properly on the Fieldwork: New Recruit Training table and strike poses as if their lives culminated in that moment. There was a little bit of buffer room in case things got caught up, maybe an extra two or three seconds at most. Beyond that and things simply wouldn't be kosher; a crisis of time. Even then, as the seconds already began to count down and time was quickly closing in on them, the boistrous grin on Nike's face just seemed to glow even fiercer. It was under pressure that gems were born.

Through the doorway and down the hall Nike rode her metallic ship like a captain on a mission. In mere seconds the cart began to near the auditorium doors, and lucky-lucky they had been left open - all according to *keikaku. Giving a few pushes to keep the momentum going as best she could, Nike bobbed her head down as the cart rushed past, giving a quick salute to the baffled guards at the door. Man, expressions like that gave her life. "'Sup~" Her eyes only lingered on them over her shoulder for a moment before snapping back ahead, taking in the people as they scrambled to move out of the way. "Point A: Achieved! Next: Point B!" From here on out she would need to pay attention to where they were going. The last things she wanted was to accidentally run into someone or knock over a food table, or-

Wait, was that a booth in front of her?

There was no need to squint and see, as the thing in particular was moving closer at way too uncomfortable of a pace. Indeed, there, in the way of the line she had so carefully planned the previous day, was a booth. Was that Investigations? Maybe E&I? What did it matter in the moment?! Nike's mind whirled, a series of frantic thought before almost instantaneously coalescing into one answer. At the same time her body moved, hopping up and over the speakers and to the front of the cart. "ShitShitShit CAN'T TOUCH THIS!"

From somewhere near the center of the room there was a sudden surge of energy. Not so much one that has a kind of force to it, pushing outwards and into anyone nearby. Instead, it was more akin to a large amount of empty space suddenly becoming occupied by something many couldn't see, but the sensation of its presence was still enough to perhaps sense shivers through those more sensitive to it. At the eye of the storm was none other than Nike. What once was an outfit of a tank-top with two giraffes saying "Get On My Level" and a pair of jeans was now accompanied by the long, twin tailed black coat that was synonymous with her Tier 2 release.

The form itself was given very little time to settle, the energy that made up her coat still crackling into shape as Nike brought back a hand and gripped at the air. A glow of white-gold energy flickered before she swiped her newly formed bokken through the air beside the cart. "WALL! PLZ!" On command, where the tip of the blade moved even more energy condensed and took form. Metal scraping against a hardened surface tore through the room as the cart slid along the new structure, causing the contents it carried to shift sharply. Nike wincing as she focused on keeping the wall substantial, keeping her footing, and keeping aware of her next move. Instead of just making a wall to stop the cart, Nike had created more of a quarter pipe to slide it in a different direction. Now the new problem would be to keep the cart from careening into any of the other tables.

"ANOTHER!!" Bringing her other hand up to grasp the hilt, Nike swung her weapon to the other side, where a similar wall emerged in the wake of her action. This time Nike grunted at the hard banking, the second impact threatening to toss herself or something else off all together. Be it some grace of some deity or pure luck, though things rocked violently everything stayed on the ride. That was about where someone decided that the amount of sheer luck was about enough for this particular shenanigan. While she had corrected the path like some kinda Telltale game she was now careening right into the very location of the New Recruit Training table.

And to that, Nike just said, "Seven seconds... Fuck it. Doin' it live."

And so Nike hopped off as the cart ran head-on into the booth, the crash causing the table and whatever else may have been atop it to go flying and scatter across the ground. Following up right behind it, Nike turned her head this way and that as she shoved at the cart. "GABE! GRAB THE BOOTH SIGN! WE'RE USING THE SPEAKERS!" Right on cue the lights in the auditorium shut off. Nike cursed under her breath as she groped around, finding the main chord amongst the mess that the cables had before and rushing over to thrust it into the open wall outlet. There was a short, tense, mind numbingly panic inducing pause... before the speakers began to belt out a funky tune in time with the lights shifting. As the lights started from the edges and spiraled inward, Nike gave a mini fist pump, dispelled her bokken and flipped her way onto the speakers.

As the main beat picked up the light would shine down upon the mess of speakers, trading off with one another in a pattern reminiscent of a disco party from long ago. Atop it all stood Nike, stance widened with one hand crossing her stomach, the other raised to splay fingers across one half of her face. "Show time~!" With another wild grin, Nike swiped her top hand across in front of her. At the same time, her other hand pulling an old fashioned mic from her hip. With a few deft flips and twirls between her fingers she tightened her grip just as the head pointed towards her mouth, and as she drew breath, the words that would project from her would not only feed into the air before her, but come out through each and every speaker hooked up to the P.A. system within the auditorium.

"HEEEELLO, INVICTUS! Your FAAAAVORITE radio personality and most amazing newly ordained as of this morning Senior Agent Nike Deschain here, ready to help all you folks keep it hoppin' at this happening! Today I have the great pleasure of being accompanied by the Energizer Bunny of the twenty-second century, GAAABRIEL BARANIQ!"

Nike snapped her hand out in the direction where her trusty partner normally took his stand, only taking a glance back to see if he was there or not before moving on.

"Aaand we have a surprise guest in the form of the Queen of the Machine, MATSUI YUUUKAAA!"

As she had the first, so did she spin and make jazz hands in the direction where a third would be best placed in their formation. Another pirouette and Nike locked herself back into place, a finger pointing out towards the majority of the room as the lights slowly brightened back up to how they had been before her entrance.

"Hold onto your seats, peeps, 'cause we're about to take you on a- WaitASecondTheChorusIsComingUp."

Though instrumental, the way that Nike moved her shoulders to the staccato beats thrown in showed she had listened to this perhaps a few too many times. What furthered that was when, in place on the speaker, Nike began to dance. We're not talking like she busted out the Charleston or broke it down for the crowd. No, this was straight-up choreography. As said, probably listened to it a few too many times. And then there was the karaoke.

"Dakedo kyō mo jōjō niii~ Monku nanka iiatteee~ Nichijō o odoru~ Kureizi Noizi Biiizaaarre Taaauuun~!"

Nike cackled and continued, striking her initial pose once more.

"As I was saying, this is only the beginning of the ride, so strap in and buck up 'cause we're goin' on a TRIP!"

*[Translator's Notes: Keikaku means "plan".]

Kent Arai - The Wolf

Interactions: Sparky, Jon, Atticus, Seier

Mentions: Nike

From the moment Kent arrived here, he fought. For a few weeks he was forced into one of the holding cells until he became leveled.. It was only when he remembered why he was doing this that the young man settled. It was for her.. Aimi. After that Kent actively stuck up his nose to anyone who tried to talk to him. He was determined to not make friends, he was determined not to get close to anyone, he was determined to serve his time.. And leave this place as soon as he could. But.. What was this? Faint grin tugged at the corner's of his lips, forcing his mouth to turn upward. For the first time since the month he has been here, he felt.. Well, he felt this wasn't too bad. When Sparky piped up about him also being from New York, Kent lofted a brow. The cigarette was still between his fingers. Though.. He referred the city as New York itself.. Was he from upstate?

"Small world." Kent mused bringing the unlit cig up to his lips once more, if anyone did not like the smoke he'd just stop; for now though he needed the puff. Before lighting up he had heard Atticus reply.

"Brooklyn?" The youth repeated, blues shifting to land on the dirty blonde. Kent gave a loose nod of the head a few times as that hand slipped inside of his leather jacket once more to retrieve a lighter. Chuckle left his lips when Atticus mentioned the stuck up nature of those in that part of the city, well.. It was true. So Brooklyn, that made sense, Atticus' tone was musical almost, those of the borough had a bit more infliction in certain words. There was highs and lows. Sparky, well it did not seem like Sparky had much of an accent which meant two things. Either he was upstate, or he was from Manhattan. It'd make sense, the center was much more of a melting pot. Kent's own timbre was typical of those from the Bronx, rough sounding, to the point. The Bronx was a rough place to be.. Especially now a days. After his little analytic session he parted lips to speak.

"Bronx, Hunt's Point." Thumb flicked the lighter on, he leaned down took a drag before extinguishing the flame. Smoke escaped the corner of his lips as he pulled the cig from his mouth. He had promised Aimi he was going to quit.. Well at least he was down to a cig a day, that was something. Just than another was brought into the fold, the red head from before. Quietly he watched the exchange, something about France. What about it..?

Than it came, the verbal assassination that was her speech. Kent originally thought he butchered the English language pretty hard, but he had nothin' on this girl. Without realizing it Kent was knelt forward straining to make out what she was saying, if he watched her lips and listened carefully he could understand her.. And well, what a story it was. She wasn't talking to him, but Kent could not help but audibly announce his thoughts.

"That's some heavy stuff.." The man mused taking another drag of his cig, smoke bellowing out soon after. This got him thinking though. "Mistakes happen, don't beat ya self up about." The young man offered some reassuring words to the red head, sometimes he could not help it. He did not enjoy seeing people upset. Kent's brow furrowed in thought, Atticus mentioned something about there being a location in France.. Wait a damn minute.

"How many bases does Invictus have. This a global thing?"

Originally Kent believed it was strictly domestic, only place he knew of was the Invictus here in Texas.. Than again they may have been trying to keep stuff from him, that or he did not care to do the research. Inner thought was abruptly interrupted by the arrival by a particularly loud individual. Cerulean eyes quickly shifted towards the girl who rode, instinctively his stance lowered, was it an attack? Wait.. Who would be dumb enough to attack Invictus. As her stunt continued a sudden sharp tinge of pain pulsated in the back of Kent's head. "Tch.." A low grunt left him.. What the hell was that, it was very very faint. As if something was pulling at him, initially light pain than it was replaced with some kind of warmth. Eyes remained locked on the woman as she continued with her little charade, it now being obvious that she was not doing anything that may cause harm..

Though those thoughts were now replaced with..

"..Who is she? And why does she seem familiar."

VJg2IJn.png

The elevator was spacious, and though normally would have had an operator, it was a simple request that if the potential new recruits were civil enough, the operator be stationed outside just for comfort's sake. Leo pressed the appropriate floor buttons, then stepped back and waited. He looked over to Selene as she began the conversation up again. "Sure. After we process your file through the agent roster system, you'll be able to meet all sorts of people." He paused to think about the many many agents they had at the facility. His head tilted up in thought and he gave out a small mindful hum. "Invictus is a very large organization, and it spans several states and several countries. We've got all kinda posted all around the world. Here specifically... off the top of my head, we've got werewolves, kitsune, shapeshifters, but..." He glanced back to her. "I can't recall any other Ijiraat here." He gave a small apologetic tilt of his head. "I'll poke around and reach other to other facilities to see where the others might be." He made a mental note to look into it for her.

Just before the door opened, she gave him a name for him to call her by. He smiled and let his eyes drift to the opening doors. "Selene, a pleasure." His tone was light, airy, charming. He gestured for her to go through the doors, then followed after. He split off to the side and began heading over to a wall of cabinets. "The shower area is off to the left. You'll see the sign for the women's room. There should be some towels in there." He pulled out some plain looking clothes. No designs, and a simple soft gray in color. They looked more like sweats. "These might work." He mumbled.

Returning to Selene, he held up the shirt to compare it to her size. Then unfolded the pants to do the same. He then folded them back up again and handed them over. "Let me know if you need a different size. There should be essentials packs inside the shower room. But if not, just give a holler. I'll be out here."

Leo let Selene take all the time she needed. The first shower of a new life... it was an important one. It was the one where you contemplated everything. Where you washed away the old and douse yourself with the new. Wash away the horrors of yesterday and lather yourself with the uncertainties of tomorrow. But it was the beginning of the healing process. And the surrealness would surely be settled in.

After Selene came back to Leo, they talked for a bit. About this and that, but mainly him explaining and answering whatever questions she threw at him. Maybe it was her way of coping, or maybe she was just a genuine curious type. Whatever the case, Leo didn't mind her questioning. The more she knew the better. But after a while, he suggested a nice meal and a brief tour while on their way to the cafeteria.

Again they took the elevator, this time down a few floors rather than up. He allowed her to keep the conversation alive, but also added in more normal things--like the mention of great food, and discussion about favorite dishes. Soon they were out of the elevator and on their way toward the cafeteria. But as they walked, Leo began to notice signs posted for an agent mixer in the auditorium on this floor. Crap. Was that today? He'd completely forgotten. He was tempted to check his phone to check his calendar but fought against the idea. The more and more they walked though, the more and more he could hear commotion incoming. Eventually they came by the source of the sounds.

Music, chattering, the sound of glasses clinking and silverware clattering.... Whatever that music was, it had to be Nike's doing. Speaking of the devil, he could hear her over the speakers inside the room. He took in a deep breath and then let it out sharply, letting his shoulders shrug in a rather nonchalant manner. He looked to Selene and tilted his head toward the doors. "Want to take a peek inside? They're having a company party."

@Tarieles

Storm Kelly

The question Saku posed to him made Storm wonder. What did he want to do at this mixer? Meet the new recruits that seemed to be floating around? Get in contact with the older members? "Do you want the expected answer or my actual answer?" He asked, glancing at Saku in the corner of his eye. "Expected answer is that we should go introduce ourselves to the new recruits. The Trainers table was supposed to be set up, but it seems like no one seemed to remember to do so, which makes our position as trainers look rather poor." He gave a small shrug. "My actual answer is I would be more than happy to find a corner and just sleep till it's over." He turned his eyes to Saku. "But it's pretty obvious I can't do that."

At the punch bowl, Storm let Saku fill her cup, and then he began to fill his own. He wasn't exactly the most gentlemanly, and of course, like everything else about him, he didn't particularly care to be. "Lot's of new faces." He mumbled as he casually looked a round. "That redhead and the man Sable's drinking with were part of the last sim room training." He continued. He wasn't sure if Saku had been updated on the events that occurred. "Put up a pretty good match. Too bad they're really the only ones that made it from their group." Storm still felt a little but sour over the entire thing. Especially with which agents had passed and which were forced to go about other career paths. "The girl isn't so bad." He began to say, raising the cup to his lips. "She stabbed Adam."

Speaking of which, again he scanned the room, looking to see where that particular test tube wolf was. Adam never seemed keen on working with others, and even more so, Storm knew that Adam was up for a demotion if he failed another one of his partners. It was almost as if Adam wore their deaths as a badge rather than a heavy burden. To let your partners die? To LET your partners die? Careless. Despicable. Irresponsible. Among other things, that was probably the biggest reason why Storm despised Adam. Storm wasn't the best of team players either. He enjoyed his high horse as temporary lead Trainer, but he could never see himself sacrificing his allies for selfish gain. Eyes narrowed into daggers at the sight of Adam across the room. Even if Santa was with him, nothing could deter the growing malice bubbling with him.

The feeling was short lived, however, when a particular yao guai burst into the room, making a scene. he casual mixer now became a dance party. Mister Crowley dragged along a very unwilling Mister Charles, and it was just painful to see how much the witch doctor just didn't want to have any of it. "What's up with them?" Storm mumbled to Saku, leaning a little toward her as if asking for a little bit of gossip on the individuals.

And then, if matters couldn't get any louder, a cart came zipping into the room. No one other than Nike would be driving it through, attempting to avoid any and all tables and people that the float of a cart could possibly run into. "Are those... speakers?" He mumbled, furrowing his brow and slight confusion. What the hell was Nike up to--

"HEEEELLO, INVICTUS!"

"Oh god." Storm groaned, cringing at Nike's booming voice. He pinched the bridge of his nose, trying to ready himself for the headache that was to come. "Nope, I'm done with this." He grumbled and started to walk away, forgetting that Saku was still attached to his arm. He was forced to step back into place for the moment.

@FrostedCaramel

Venn Charles

Oh how Venn wanted to just smack that smirk fight off of Crow's damn face. If he really thought that he was going to get Venn to dance, then he really had another-fucking-thing coming. Seeing the hand outstretched to him, Venn decided to warn Crow with the darkest glare he could muster in that moment. Complemented with a flat "No." it should have been enough to tell anyone that Venn was vehemently against getting up from this table. But of course the magician didn't know boundaries and continued to push them. Venn was grabbed and dragged along. The entire while, Venn pushed against Crow in attempt to break his face grip.

"Fuck, Crow, I said no!" He snapped, pushing on Crow's hand and trying to pry his fingers while digging his heels into the floor. For a prissy ass magician that didn't do a lot of physical work, Venn was always amazed that Crow could manage such a vice grip on him when it came to dragging Venn along with this he never really wanted to do.

It was horribly obvious that Crow was the only one to be having any kind of fun with this out of the duo. Venn growled and kind of remained standing in place while Crow danced around him, trying to get the treasure hunter to loosen up a little. Venn wasn't having it. Fuck this shit. He was fully prepared to step on a foot and storm back to the table, but Bobby seemed too curious about the entire scene at hand. Not to mention, they walked into his scene.

Venn looked up and watched Bobby circle them. He furrowed his brow on confusion. A light bulb? What the hell was that supposed to mean? Venn remained quiet, not really understanding the phrases Bobby was using. All language barriers at their finest.

It all boiled down to the very important question that was asked in a rather obscure way. Venn could have taken that question several different ways, but he knew exactly what Bobby was implying. Venn felt himself close up. Shut up like a locked door during a security breech. His face tinted red and he glared in a direction that was not toward Crow or Bobby or anything in particular. "Don't you have something better to fucking do than to ask stupid fucking questions?" He finally snapped, flickering a glance at Bobby but otherwise avoiding looking at him. He didn't really want to see his reaction. He didn't want to hear Crow's reaction either. Internally, Venn prayed to whatever Loa was around that there would be some deux ex machina shit that would get him out of this awk.

"ANYONE KNOW OF A CRIMSON DADDY?! I MUST FIND YOU!"

GOD DAMMIT ANY OTHER LOA BUT THAT ONE, FUCKING CHRIST'S SAKE. Venn's head whipped around upon hearing Vi's voice. "Ah, fuck." He hissed. It was the last person he wanted to see here. Just hearing her voice was like nails on a fucking chalkboard. As much as they were technically friends, he still hated her guts. But that wasn't anything particularly new with Venn's relations track record. Venn strategically moved so that wherever Vi was, she wouldn't be able to see him. Maybe he'd get lucky and be able to avoid her the entire party. She did seem more interested in looking for... Venn wasn't really sure. Probably her next victim.

The conversation that had been previously at hand was lost to Venn and he looked back at Bobby and Crow. "I'm moving that way." He grumbled, starting to walk further away from where Vi was heading and closer to the doors. However, it wasn't just but a couple seconds later that a large cart came wheeling in, forcing Venn to make quick movements to get out of the way. He bumped into a nearby table and he reached out to steady himself against the edge of the table, making it jerk and whatever drinks were on it slosh a little. "My bad." He muttered, looking back to Nike and her introduction scene.

White Foster

White opened her mouth to say something, but then gave a startled jump and a small "eep!" when Geoffrey ended up eating one of Yun's assistants. She watched as Yun worked to get her assistant back from the jaws of the large frog. Honestly, she wasn't entirely sure why the entire thing made her nervous, but it did and it showed in her slightly unnerved smile. Maybe it was the fact that it was a sudden thing. Or maybe it was how the thing looked at her with those big spacey eyes. Whatever the case, White continued to keep enough distance just in case the toad decided that it didn't want fish. her eye twitched slightly though as the thing began to lick Yun's face affectionately. Well, at least White was sure it wasn't void of a soul at that point. One less thing to worry about.

The goddess's confident smile came back as the attention shifted. She watched the assistant begrudgingly continue to work, and then Yun go over to dote on him. After most of the frog saliva was wiped off, White hesitantly reached her hand out to pat the assistant's head, giving him a little bit of a heal, if not a consolation.

"It seems like this group is very interested in each other rather than the divisions." the medical supervisor deducted. She looked around while playing with the ends of her hair. "I believe of lot of the agents this round may be fieldworkers too." Her smile began to falter. It did make her feel rather sad and awfully lonely to think that the only visitors that would come into the infirmary would be the ones that actually need her medical attention. As much as she normally enjoyed that... there was the occasional time where she just wanted to, you know, talk. And not have to work. A goddess gets bored of her job too!

Seeing Yun in the exhausted state she was in, all White could to was reach out and lightly rub Yun's back. "It'll be okay. The party should be over before you know it." White cooed a couple 'there there's to try and calm Yun before she burst into tears. "Well I do have Jon now. Mister Sandman is nice to have around. Very quiet though." He paused and gave a small pout. "Everything has been going towards technology for the last few centuries, it makes me worry that maybe in the end I might disappear." oof, this was going to get depressing. She had to change the topic.

"But nevermind that!" She brought her hand up and clapped both of them together, attempting to encourage a more optimistic and peppy attitude. "How has your son been? And... do you think there may be any potential agents in here to swoop in your department later on? The pickings look... interesting." White mused as she looked out at the crowd again, noting a very familiar tall figure across the room. Two, actually. She may not have met them personally, but she would just see the god within the two boys radiate like a shining light--and no, there was no light. She didn't see it. Call it a goddess' intuition. "oh my." She whispered to herself, a soft smile curling on her lips.

Her thoughts were interrupted by Nike's booming voice. White gave a small giggle, raising a hand to her lips to stifle the sound. It was a nice change of pace. Something so animated to bring more life and excitement into the entire event. As soon as Nike introduced herself and Gabe, White began to clap. Even if she was the only one, she didn't particularly care. It was a nice distraction and she was enjoying herself. After Nike all the poses were to be done and the dance bit came to an end, White clapped again, this time in a longer duration as she laughed to herself.
@ShiroKiyoshi

Taqqiq Selene Amaruq
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ❆ ▬▬
Interactions: Leo (@Dao Ma)
Mentions: Auditorium People

WYilRiZ.png

Selen listened to Leo intently, a bit sad that there were no ijiraat at this branch. She didn't exactly expect it, considering her kind were only found in northern Canada, but she hoped. As he got her clothing, she looked around the room a bit, before turning her attention back to him. She took the clothes gratefully, and hurried off to the showers. It was quiet, nobody else around. She turned on the water, letting it warm as she undressed quickly. She tossed her old clothes into what looked like a garbage can. They were stained and she figured she would be able to get new ones later.

As Selene stepped into the shower, she practically melted into the warm water. It wasn't her shower, but it was still a wonderful one. Dried blood dropped off of her, most having already been rubbed off earlier, and the rest washing off. She had a mental talk with herself, trying to decide yet again if she truly made the correct choice in joining this place. It didn't seem like she had a choice, however, which now that she thought about it, did make her a little uneasy.

Her unease was mostly put to rest when she remembered that it was either this or be sent to prison. Or worse. She shook the thoughts out of mind, finishing her shower. She stepped out of the stall, grabbing one of the folded towels that was put out for people. Drying herself off, she put on the plain sweats that Leo had given her. They were actually quite comfortable. Maybe she'd keep them for pajamas.

With her hair dried off enough to stop it from dripping everywhere, Selene stepped out of the shower room, following Leo through more of the facility, asking some simple questions. She would need to know more about her life there if she was to stay. When he mentioned food, her stomach grumbled, and she realized she hadn't eaten for at least half a day. Food would definitely be welcome.

The further they went in the facility, the more signs appeared everywhere mentioning an agent mixer party. She didn't realize places like this had mixer parties. Seemed to be more... officey than secret agenty. Music and chatter became louder and louder as they came upon some doors leading into a large room. When Leo asked if she wanted to take a look, she nodded, carefully poking her head out from behind the doors, not knowing what to expect. Monsters? Creepy crawlies? Demons?

... Normal people, it seemed. Selene scanned the crowd, seeing mostly human looking people. Some looked more human than the others, but not many seemed strictly not human. She almost felt a little underwhelmed. Her eyes fell on the bar, but she quickly looked away. No need to have any sort of temptation. She didn't feel like she needed a drink at the moment at least. Feeling more brave, she moved her whole body into view to get a better look.

"And these are all agents? All creatures and magical people?" The more and more she looked at the people inside, the more she could pick out inhuman traits in them. Elf ears, weird hair, strange skin, other various things. A person in front seemed to be using magic of some kind to make music louder. It did look fun and like the agents inside were good friends. Maybe the place wasn't so bad if all of these people seemed to be having fun.

With another rumble in her stomach at the distant smell of food in the auditorium, Selene turned to Leo. With a small laugh, she went to put her hands in her pockets only to find she didn't have pockets. She then awkwardly clasped her hands in front of her before not-so-smoothly crossing her arms.

"So uh, that food you were talking about..."

ROLAND L E E CROWLEY
The spell you got on me it's like magic! Got me feeling like I'm fallin' in love! Got me feeling like I'll never give up, oh! Got me feeling like I'll never give up on you!
The spell you got on me it's like magic! Got me feeling like I'm fallin' in love! Got me feeling like I'll never give up, oh! Got me feeling like I'll never give up on you!
mister crowley

Maybe, he shouldn't have heeded the call of the 80's beat? Or, decided to make an effort to search for Sorin, do his job, and THEN meet up with Venn? Or… he actually did his job and had something to show for it- No no no! That wasn't the Mister Crowley Way! Dwelling on the past and rethinking decisions was the old him! He had to own up to his mistakes and think about the future! Think about ways to make up for the decisions he's made… even if his back is going to cry for sleeping on the sofa for the next month. So, here was the magician, in the middle of some crazy, announcement with furniture crashing about, the lights cut, Venn running off, and a random, fuzzy man hovering a massive boom box.

What can he do now to remedy the situation?

"Ya! Um… Oi don't kna yer name, but na y'er Fuzzy. Y'er comin' wif me ter find Venn. In exchange, Oi'll answer yer question… wif Venn not 'round (gud bloody idea). Whaen de time fer me ter grovel an' apologize come, y'er gonna disappear. Alwigh'? Calvin Klein! Goody gumdrops! Let's scapa fla, Fuzzy!" he practically shouted overt the music, forgetting to think properly on his words to avoid using slang.

Mister Crowley wasn't going to take no for an answer (and, maybe, this fellow wouldn't even know how to properly respond and just go with the flow). Moving forward, some strange and odd pressure swallowed the magician up. … he'd have to ask about that once his task was complete. Gripping the wolf/fuzzy creature/wind bloke/whatever this guy is, he pulled him through the crowd in order to look for Venn. He was a like a wild, blind man, pushing and excusing himself through the dark without thinking. After a minute, something popped in his head. His end of the bargain! Turning quickly, the magician shifted his grip on the agent's hand and gave him a hearty shake. "De chuffin' name's Mister Crowley, Fuzzy! An', Oi'm Venn's fella. Alwigh'! Nah more lollygaggin'! Hammer an' tack ter de bloody 'unt!"

With that, it was back to the task at hand: find Venn, apologize profusely, and hope that he doesn't wind up in the dog house. Or, at least, be able to avoid the couch. At least the lights were back up… and crazy Japanese music started to thunder. Was she… did this turn into Karaoke at the Thunderdome?! Even if he was a fan of karaoke, he had a mission to focus on.
location ● mixer ▏ status ● fixing a problem ▏ theme ● X

QQ9wrNI.png
Gabe felt like a blubbering mess. He knew that even if he wasn't directly looking at Yuka's face that she was probably giving him the nastiest 'you're not getting out of this one mister' look. Eventually a warm red plastered all over his face, waiting for the reprimanding to come again. But then Nike spoke, agreeing with Yuka. He looked back to Nike, somewhat confused at first.

"YES MA'AM!" Gabe saluted and without much thought, swooped Yuka up, tucking one arm under her knees while his other wrapped around her back. He easily picked her up off the floor and began to hurry to the door, waiting just a moment for the cart with the speakers to go through before he did. The run over to the auditorium was short, and for Gabe carrying Yuka, it was pretty effortless. When the reached the auditorium though, he didn't put her down. "Kay, ready Yuyu?" He asked in a whisper, forgetting that she probably didn't have any idea on what the plan actually entailed.

"Wait. No, you're not." He looked around. Nike was still maneuvering the speakers through the auditorium doors. He slowed down and followed Nike and the cart into the room, giving the guards a little 'hello!' as he quickly passed. "Okay." He continued, directing his attention back to Yuka. "Really quick because there's not much time-- Nike's gonna cut lights, create a spotlight, we're gonna do super special awesome poses from the old anime thing I showed you the other day. And that's our grand entrance!" Once the cart was further enough ahead, Gabe stopped and put Yuka down. He didn't let go of her though, and ended up loosely holding onto her forearm.

Hearing a crash and the sound of something breaking, Gabe turned to see that the cart had ran into their stand. "Oh no!" he whined, seeing that the New Recruit Training table was now in shambles. But wait! no one got hurt right? Wasn't Storm and Sable and Saku supposed to be manning that table? GASP DID THEY GET SQUISHED? DID THEY HAVE HAVE A SSS PANCAKE? There weren't any screams of pain, so that thought was instantly replaced with Nike's command. "Come on, this way!" He whispered again to Yuka and pulled her along until he got close enough to the broken down table. He let go of her to pick up the sign and dashed over to prop it up at the top of the speaker system just as the lights went off.

Gabe hopped off of the cart and motioned Yuka to follow him into position. He moved a vacant table nearby so that it could be used as a platform. "Stand here." He told Yuka, helping her up onto the table. He then grabbed a chair and moved a few paces away. He turned the chair around so that the seat was facing toward himself and then stood on top of it.

Nike was starting her introduction. This was going to be AWESOME.

Lights flashed over onto Gabe, and he was already in position. One foot on the seat of the chair and the other on top of the back of the chair, he gave his pose. One arm bent at his waist, the other bend and hand making an L along his chin and pointing outward in an attempt to give a 'cool guy' pose. He pressed his weight forward, making the chair tip. it tipped a little faster than he anticipated and he made quick to make sure he didn't mess up this moment. Gabe made a quick turn of his hips and the chair whipped around so that he would land in the direction Yuka was in. The light switched over from Gabe to Yuka.

AND THIS IS WHERE WE WILL PAN OVER TO THE NEXT YUKA POST TO SEE HER REACTION.

@The Red Sage @Tarieles

Sparky Quinn
Mentions: Nike, Gabe
Interactions: Kent(@Sanctus), Seier(@Mars Walker), Atticus Quinn(@Tarieles)

The Demigod listened as both Kent and Atticus briefly explained what parts of New York they were from as it got Sparky thinking more deeply about where he was from exactly. Well, Times Square was the most obvious hint in his entire background… He was just having trouble remembering the exa-... Wait. Midtown… Ah yes… Midtown Manhattan. Or just Manhattan. The most expensive living area as Sparky always did wonder how in the hell him and his mother managed to live such a higher tier of lifestyle…. Until he remembers his mother works as a Solution Architect. Some fancy techy person who basically is the big decision maker when solutions in technology are made and with one-hundred and thirty thousand dollars being made… It's very hard to question how a guy like Sparky has lived a much more… Luxurious life. In other words, no. Zeus did not leave behind bags of money because of alimony. One more thing Sparky despised his father for and he seriously wonders if all Gods or Goddesses are like Zeus when they knock up or get knocked up by a mortal. Tch.

So, Kent was from Bronx while Atticus was from Brooklyn. All three of them come from different backgrounds it seems. It only makes Sparky question even further how these two got into Invictus but for now… Those were tales for another day because Atticus went and asked about France to the drunken Scot woman and based on how she was acting… There was a real story about to be told. The Demigod would lean in with Kent as well and listen closely as the rather unfortunate story was told. Once it was over, all Sparky could do was frown in the woman's general direction while Kent basically took the words right out of his mouth. "Kent's right… We all make mistakes and if we beat ourselves over each mistake.. The feelings only become worse. So.. Instead of doing that, let us help beat the shit out of this no good husband because trust me…" Sparky pauses to hold up his right pointer finger, letting lightning dance and wiggle around it. "... I know a thing or two about shitty husbands. Mother is a victim of one." The Demigod gritted his teeth at the thought before putting his lightning away because what happened next, pissed him off even more.

Some crazy person had came barreling into the auditorium on top of a large cart that was going at a very fast speed through the room just barely missing anyone in its path. Not only did Sparky watch in mostly annoyance, but also in slight interest and amusement, wanting to see what would happen next. However, the first few things that happened seemed to be out of sheer luck as the woman displayed a rather fancy power that allowed her to summon not one, but two structures to help direct the cart elsewhere. But, the woman's luck ran out as the cart was now heading for yet another booth and she decided to jump off and let the thing crash right into everything the booth held. Jesus fucking Christ. And it didn't even stop there! She called for a person by the name of Gabe to grab a booth sign and said they were using the speakers. Oh no.. This is going to become something that will be fucking hard to look at or even listen to. And of course.. Sparky was right. Zeus dammit.

The lights were cut, music started, and the woman had whipped out a mic to do a few tricks with it as if she was the female Elvis Presley before the speech started. Apparently, this whacked out woman is a Senior Agent by the name of Nike as Sparky simply listened to what she had to say before the female agent busted into a dance that looked like it was an actual choreographed dance that may have been worked on too much… Either way, the spotlight was handed over to the same agent who was told to grab the booth sign, Gabe. A male agent who tried to strike a cool pose but almost fucking biffed it when he gained sudden control of his chair before it could cause a spill.

Sparky had just about enough and this could be easily seen as the Demigod had extended his arms out while they hung by his sides, slightly curved up having a stream of electricity quickly appearing around both of his arms. As this happened, anyone who could sense shifts in magical power, which was probably everyone in the mixer, would start feeling the magical pressure of a Demigod charging his power for something hella fierce. Sparky was like a rapidly flowing waterfall of Demigod power because he didn't quite have a full grip on his powers. But suddenly, it all ceased and disappeared.

He had remembered that his powers are the exact reason he's been thrown out of so many New York schools and Invictus was a serious organization… If he fucked up, it could mean serious trouble from the higher-ups. "Fuck it…" Sparky mumbled, his lightning disappearing while he searched for a chair nearby to grab and sit down in. Even though he seemed annoyed, Sparky also had a slight tinge of disappointment in his amethyst eyes. ".... Why do the cute and powerful ones always have to be the crazy ones?.... Tch." He said this mostly to himself, but it was still loud enough for either Kent, Atticus, or even a drunken Seier to hear.

[fieldbox="Martin Flynt | R&D: Magic and Occult, Orange"]

Martin jolted awake with a yell, his entire body was sore and he was seeing in double for a short while. Without thinking he sat up and slammed his head into a low hanging pipe that had been there all along sending his head right back to the ground it had started at. He slowly moved a hand up to rub at the dull ache in his forehead and wondered briefly who the hell had put that pipe where it was and how they'd known that he'd one day wake up into it? He shook his head and immediately regretted the decision as the dull ache increased to a stabbing pain with the movement. He stopped and hefted himself up slowly on his free elbow and took in his surroundings. He was in a dark and musty room, probably some sort of piping maintenance closet by the fact he was surrounded by more piping.

Cursing to himself he'd take his other hand from his forehead and place it to the ground at his side only to pull it back suddenly as it touched something cold. He looked down in the gloom to find a small puddle of god knows what where his hand had touched and quickly scampered away from it before standing on the other side of the maintenance closet. He blindly swatted at the wall to the side of the door before his fingers found purchase on the light switch and he had to shield his eyes as the oppressively bright LED above him buzzed on. After a few moments he turned to look back at the puddle he had touched, it was a tinged green liquid and appeared to be dripping from one of the pipes above. Gods was he infected? What was that even? Who knew what sort of stuff INVICTUS pumped around in these pipes, for all he knew it was some magical poison that would kill him slowly over the next fifty years and make it appear that he had died normally of old age in his eighties. Or maybe it was some sort of chemical that was turning the fucking frogs gay. He'd never know.

He lifted his arms up and tried to open his book only to find that there was nothing there. He looked away, blinked and took a breath and tried once more. Nothing. He looked incredulously at his own hands as if he were somehow hiding one of his Sibylline books and sighed, "What the fuck happened..." he tried to remember what he'd last been doing and why in the name of Zeus he was inside this maintenance closet, but most importantly where the hell his book had gone. He laughed. It was a book, it didn't grow legs and run o-- "Holy shit. Holy shit holy shit holy shit." he said as he quickly spun around and pulled the door open, the image of his book walking around beating the shit out of innocent bystanders controlling his every thought.

Bursting into the hallway of the facility he'd begin running toward the labs as his mind flew threw possibilities. Had his book seriously grown legs and run off? Did it grow arms too? It'd explain how he'd been subdued in a closet and his book was gone, but that didn't explain how it could possibly have seen him to manage all of this... Unless it had eyes now. He shuddered and wanted to scream but simply waved awkwardly at everyone he ran past and even stopped at one point to hold a short conversation with a rather lost looking agent.

Turning the corner he'd come to a sliding stop at the Magic and Occult divisions entrance and quickly swipe his ID badge. The door hummed its approval and quietly slid open as he'd take off running down the hall toward the lab he'd last been using. Coming to a halt outside of the large blast-proof door he took a deep breath, reached into his pocket and pulled out a small canister of garlic and a wooden stake and flashed his badge at the door. It blinked red and gave him a low rumbling tone that meant it didn't accept his ID to open the door. He tried again and got the same response. "Did it change the lab permissions... How smart is this damn book!?" he yelled in agitation as he began to fiddle with the keypad. After a few moments he got a soft green light and the door hummed approval as he had originally expected. The door opened and he found himself staring into another ruined lab, there was a large portion of the far side of the room that was simply missing as if something had taken a perfect sphere from the room leaving the floor, the wall, and even the desk at the other end missing pieces that would make a perfect sphere, as if a bubble had expanded and taken what it touched before popping and disappearing forever.

"Yun is going to kill me." he said as he noticed that his book was sitting still open directly to the left of where the desk simply ceased to exist. He stepped around the crater in the floor as it sparked and hissed, small streams of smoke rising from the still red hot portions of steel it had exposed. He moved his hand over the book and read from its pages, his eyes becoming wide as he realized what had happened. He'd teleported. Inaccurately, stupidly even, he could have ended up in a support girder or under ground but it had worked. The potion that the book had given him had indeed sent him somewhere else.

He stood still for a moment before he pulled up his datapad and quickly copied and then erased all footage from the lab before grabbing the book and making a dash for the door. Ducking into an elevator after leaving the lab he'd smile like a mad man at the only other agent within it before the elevator stopped and he got off quickly with a nod. He opened the book in his hands and began to read its sprawling scrolling text as it appeared and didn't even notice as he turned into the main room of the mixer. All the noise and commotion within barely registering on his mind until he nearly knocked someone over and sent his book into the punch bowl. He took in the mixer for a moment, spotted Yun and quickly averted his eyes from the woman as if he not being able to see her would mean she couldn't see him, like a small child playing hide and seek. Martin frowned and began to slip off in the opposite direction of his boss.

"Oh fuck no." he said as he watched Nike on her cart blaring music and proclaiming herself a favorite of the entire facility. He turned and made for a wall as quickly as he could and asked his book if the growing headache that was welling in the back of his head was a side effect of the teleportation or of Nike's stupid antics.
[/fieldbox]

Last edited:
[fieldbox="Lumen/Aegis, goldenrod, dotted"][imga]http://i64.tinypic.com/23trslf.png[/imga][fieldbox="Status, #007fff, dashed"]Current Mission: Meet new people, I guess?
Where am I?: The auditorium
With whom?: A lot of people
And how do I feel?: Nervous, tense.
[/fieldbox][spacer]If there was one thing she didn't do well with very much at all, that thing would be parties. For as long as she had been an agent, these types of events were what she dreaded most in her time in the organization. Despite that, she understood the importance of these happenings and made an effort to at least participate. Especially today, what with meeting new partners and all. She buttoned up her waistcoat and then her shirt cuffs, taking a look in the mirror. "At least I'll look nice..." she muttered. A deep inhale turned into a slow exhale as the young agent calmed her nerves. Her last act in changer her appearance was putting her hair into a side ponytail, letting it fall in front of her right shoulder. Once more, another deep breath, before nodding with a faked confidence and leaving her room.[/spacer][spacer]Much to Adela's relief, the way to the auditorium was uneventful. Though once she had entered the large room, the seeds of regret had sown themselves into her mind. Her breathing shortened just slightly as she looked around. The event seemed like it was turning out to be quite lively, though she had seen quite a few unfamiliar faces. One of these faces had to be her assigned partner, but which one? Most of the people here were conversing with one another and in groups, but she didn't want to butt in and interrupt. Instead, she opted to slide her way over to the food table. At least then she could avoid making a fool of herself too much by eating something.[/spacer]
[/fieldbox]

5UWclZk.jpg

Company Mixer - Dance Party

Yun crossed her arms as White rubbed her back and she smiled at the woman. "Thanks." White's hand was therapeutic for Yun. Yun moved her hair out of her face and giggled as White started saying 'there, there', "I used to do the same thing to Rostam. How ironic. Though, I wasn't aware you had someone new. Then again I only really stay updated on my roster. So now we have Santa Claus and the Sandman. Where's Jack Frost?" Yun laughed a little bit. Then White pouted because of Yun's stupid joke.

Yun adjusted the neck of her shirt. She had no idea how to respond, her mind had already run through a thousand possibilities and scenarios and in all of them she just made White feel worse, but then White spoke. It was as if the star's aligned and Yun turned to White with a disturbed look. "Don't say that, I'm always going to need my friend." She then hugged White, stroking her hair and resting her head on hers. "Besides. Rostam's going to long outlive me, so I'll need you to look after him." Yun said with a smile.

While attached to the woman she asked about her son and Yun thought really hard about it before answering. "I don't know. He's been branching off lately. Finding himself and stuff. As, far as candidates for the M&O though, probably wizard cap over there," Yun lightly turned White to look at Seier, "No one else as obvious as that though. So this'll be an experience when I do see them. Its always colorful."

Then, in an attempt to be the most colorful being alive, Nike burst through the doors. She swiftly set up speakers and started blasting her voice and music at which point Yun let go of White and tilted her head. Nike went through her spiel, but all Yun really heard was the music she was playing. She then turned to White and with a smile grabbed her hands.

Yun then started to dance with the doctor.

@Dao Ma

Last edited:
[fieldbox="Eliza Bitter, #055252, solid, 10, Palatino Linotype"]
Now Playing: The Clash- Guns of Brixton

Of all of the thing that could possibly be going on that day to make Eliza even more uncomfortable it had to be a bloody party. A mixer they called it, but it still meant she had to stand awkwardly in a room full of people she didn't know. It was bad enough she was only just getting over what ever flu she'd come down with prior, and then they sprung this on her. It was bad enough she was in such a foul mood of late, but who could blame her? Not only had her life been turned completely upside down and she been forced to adapt to an entirely new world, but she was all but forced into working with those...things. Unholy abominations, some of which she knew for a fact would prey on humans for sustenance. And some of them were in leadership positions, it was sheer madness, madness.

Of course this organization had to make things worse when one of said abominations was assigned to be her partner. "Of awl the fockin' people!" she had roared at the top of her lungs as she saw the name on her invitation to the even. "Albert fockin' Fieraru?!" she shrieked in disbelief. But who was she kidding, of course it was him. Of fucking course INVICTUS would do that to her. Eliza had half a mind to call...she didn't know who but someone to complain. But a fat lot of good that would have done her. Ultimately it didn't matter. As full of vitriol and anger as she was, she was sort of glad it was him and not someone else. She would never admit it but she would rather deal with an evil she knew than one she did not. At least Albert seemed honest about his nature, even if he was the most annoying spawn of the adversary Eliza had ever had the displeasure of knowing personally.

Had the man been a normal human being and not a glorified leech of the night, she might of even found his antics to be endearing. She might of even been able to forgive the theft of her personal bible if it wasn't for the whole vampiric stigma. Dealing with someone who was cheeky and acted like a wee bit of an ass was all well and good. Hell some of her best friends back in her day were of a similarly fresh nature. Dealing with someone acting like an arsehole wasn't the problem, but a vampiric arsehole was a bit different. Perhaps that wasn't fair, and deep down she felt maybe her prejudices were a little unfounded on account of the numerous instances they were challenged by an act of goodness. But she just couldn't shake it off. It felt wrong even if part of her could see the shreds of wholesome and pure intent in them. And that went double for everyone else.

Eliza didn't mean to be rude but it was difficult not to be wary of a plethora of creatures that could likely splatter her across the wall without much effort. It was a grim outlook sure, but she'd seen it first hand. It was particularly difficult to forget the happenings in jolly old London at thee time. Families butchered by lycanthropes, women of the night drained of their life blood and left to rot in an alley by a hungry vampyre. Alas she couldn't dwell on it forever, at least that's what everyone kept telling her. Moving forward was fine, she could do that, but not looking back was impossible. If anything Eliza probably showed Albert more disdain than other individuals sheerly for the fact they had met prior to her getting tossed through time. It wasn't his fault but something about him being there served as a constant reminder of the past she couldn't return to.

Like it or not however, Eliza had no choice but to keep moving forward and so she had to at least make an appearance at this godforsaken mixer. Getting ready and getting out that door had been a quick and easy affair. Getting comfortable at the mixer however proved to be a far more challenging endeavor. There were far too many people, even back in her own time she found herself uncomfortable with being literally surrounded. Without so much as a glance at any of the others in attendance Eliza made her way across the room, deftly avoiding being roped into any drinking games or dances. Instead she simply turned her gaze downward and did her taciturn walk toward obtain her own glass of liquid courage.

Eliza was a simple woman and she knew what she wanted, so as soon as her gaze landed on a bottle of whiskey she went for it. Without any hesitation Eliza sauntered over to the table of drinks and served her self a glass of that sweet old firewater. At the very least she could appreciate the quality of the drink in the future, it didn't taste quite the same but it was more than good enough. With that done she took quick sip of her drink and then skulked off to a nice secluded piece of wall away from the rest of the ruckus. It was there she leaned up against the wall enjoying the simple pleasure of her own company. Only to have that dashed to pieces in what she could only describe as the most "ambitiously fockin' harrible" manner.

The darkness came to life beside her, a writhing mass of nebulous shadow weaving a path for something sinister. And from the tenuousness blackness it arrived. Dressed to the nines in the attire of none other than a catholic priest was quite possibly her best and worst frenemy in the entirety of existence. Now Eliza was a tough lass sure, and she'd seen many horrors that few could come back from with a clear mind. By no means was she a coward in any shape or form of the phrase, in fact she was arguably the exact opposite considering she'd made a life of trying to combat something far beyond herself as a mortal human being. But one does not simply get shaken from their thoughts by the sudden shifting and warping of darkness and what was essentially her reality without getting at least a little bit frightened.

Eliza practically leaped right out of her skin as none other than Albert stepped out of the shadows next to her without any warning she had been aware of. With a shrill yelp she hopped to one side and dropped her drink, splashing the floor and her boots with its alcoholic contents. One hand went to her belt groping about for one of her guns, the other rose to her chest and planted itself firmly on her sternum, as if she was trying to stop her heart from popping out. It took her a few seconds to realize what or rather who she was staring at. In her shock she missed the first few words of the Verse Albert had been reciting. But soon enough her mind sharpened her perception to a fine point and she took it all in with absurd clarity. The adrenaline surging through her system as her fight of flight instincts went wild spurred her to action, and yet she did nothing once she realized the creature before her was her partner and he wasn't trying to kill her.

The key word her was trying of course, she figured Albert there might of given her a bloody heart attack had she been any less fortunate than she was right now. Her face flushed to a vibrant shade of pink as the embarrassment began to sink in. Eliza took in a few sharp breaths to steady herself, the rush of adrenaline making her hands shake ever so slightly as she rough them up in front of her. She must have looked a right mess to the rest of the people her and that only made the indignity of it intensify tenfold. It wasn't until Albert had finished his little jest that Eliza puller herself together enough to respond in any meaningful way beyond some flustered hand gesturing and confused sputtering.

"J-just...y-you absolute arse!" she shouted, the anger in her voice slowly rearing its ugly head as she balled her hands up into fists and gave Albert a hard jab in the shoulder. She briefly considered that Albert might not even feel the punch but it certainly helped her feel better about it. "Almost gave me a bloody heart attack doin' that, ya mad bastard!" Eliza shook her head, she was utterly beside herself with a mixture of anger and pure shock. "Makin' me spill mah drink an' everythin'! An' Just what the fock is all that?!" she hissed gesturing at the vampire's attire. Eliza rolled her eyes as she took a second to recollect the whole of it. " Are ya havin' a laugh? Ah hope ya are because ahm not quite sure what yer doin'? Tryin' to insult me? Well fer starters a wee bit o advice fer ya, ahm not catholic."

Part of Eliza would of been amused by the display but after being spooked into dropping her drink on top of how the rest of her week as been going was not ideal in the slightest. She opened her mouth to say more and relieve all of that pent up frustration, only to have it cut off by a whole new variety of racket across the room. "oh, what the fock is et no-" she muttered before stopping mid sentence to stare in bewilderment of Nike and company's little performance. "What the bloody fock' is all that even? Are people jus' tryin' to bug me today? Jaysus please let this shite be over with soon!"

Company:That Fucker Albert

[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox="DANCE PARTY IN THE AUDITORIUM!, red, solid"]

The amused grin on Albert's face only widened as he began to laugh boisterously next to his partner. He couldn't help it given her reaction. He had always known his bellicose huntress to have nerves of steel when facing all manner of unholy and unnatural creatures as far back as he could remember, which happened to be a very long time. To see her here so flustered and caught unawares was simply to sweet a treat for him to pass up. " Oh my dear Eliza, yes I am indeed having a laugh. I just thought since you had been cooped up in your room from being sick that you could use a good laugh. And what better joke than a catholic vampire!?" His howling guffaws simmered down a bit becoming simple chuckles as he regained his composure from the exploits and felt the impact of Eliza's fist colliding with his shoulder. She had a good arm he would give her that. " Although I must admit..." he began as he looked down at his manner of dress to remark upon it, " It was not the best costume I admit but it was all I had laying around in the closet...Speaking of which!" Albert straightened himself up and produced the Holy Fecki'n Bible, perhaps the huntress's most iconic item. "I do believe that this belongs to you. As promised I return it to it's rightful owner."

With a flourish the vampire handed the book over to his companion before he turned to remark on the room " At the very least we can say that it wasn't completely droll now can we?" A deep breath finally silenced the giggling from the vampire once and for all, likely to his partner's great relief. " I always did think some color in those cheeks would do you wonders Eliza." Finally the prevalent scent of alcohol wafted it's way past the vampires keen sense of smell as his attention was directed downward. There were the remains of a glass spilled and what would likely be a rather difficult stench to remove there. It would seem that he had startled the huntress even more than he had originally intended. An ever so slight pang of guilt wormed it's way through the vampires heart as he read more into the gravity of his actions but even so it would seem that he would have very little time to make amends now. Something else was happening. Something quite distracting.

The doors of the auditorium were flung wide open as a cart came careening into the room where the mixer party was currently in full swing. He didn't recognize the individual on it so he would only have to assume that the woman was from the Texas branch prior to his arrival. it wasn't until the lights dimmed and the music kicked in however that Albert would be able to confirm this. The woman's introduction was certainly something. He would have to compare notes later so that he might learn something. An exciting thought it was to have the potential to learn something even a trivial as this. Once you lived so long new information was a somewhat rare accommodation. Still it seemed that Eliza was enjoying this new development far, far less than he was. He could see the confusion and general annoyance of his partner beginning to quickly flare up once more as Nike started to sing along to the song that she had more than likely taken over the P.A. System for. There was something vaguely familiar about the tune that Albert couldn't quite put his finger on but that was hardly important as it seemed that someone else was attempting something.

Albert was no slouch with his senses and his supernatural ones were picking up something. There was a kind of tingling sensation in the air, like the kind one got when they stuck their tongue on a nine volt battery, or when there was that on Gnat flying to close to your ear. But even that faded as quickly as it had come and the vampire, as skilled as he could be, didn't have time to pin point it's origin. So it seemed that the display would continue uninterrupted which was of course not the worst of the possible outcomes. Albert turned back to his partner with her growing frustrations and offered his hand out to her "So what do you say? Care to partake and have a dance dear Eliza~?"

[/fieldbox]

@Friend Maou