1. 1-3 posts per week
  2. One post per week
  3. Slow As Molasses
Writing Levels
  1. Intermediate
  2. Adept
  3. Adaptable
Genres
romance. angst. drama. modern. fantasy. supernatural. adventure. crime. period pieces.
eeeeeeeeeep.png

The books chosen based on popular votes and the planned dates for chapter readings are here! You can open your book, ebook, or audiobook and start right now! @Reina and/or I will be posting in this channel every week as a reminder of what chapters the group should be on as well as a reminder for every VC session for live discussion. I will be hosting one live discussion for each book. The date will be set at least two weeks before the book is finished. I hope you'll be able to catch at least one!

Even if you are unable to join one of those sessions, know that for all the Summer Book Club channel is always open on the Discord for chatting or feel free to drop thoughts here. All we ask is that you please remember to put any spoilers in spoiler tabs with warnings if the group has not reached that part of the book. Otherwise, we encourage all the activity for it in the channel, book comments, pointed details discovered, memes, etc.

If anyone needs a copy of any of the books, PM me and I will be happy to share one you can use on an electronic device.

HAPPY READING!

BOOKS
CHAPTER READINGS
Gideon-the-Ninth-cover.jpg
6/14 - Chapters 1 - 9
6/21- Chapters 10 - 19
6/28- Chapters 20 - 29
7/5- Chapter 30 - epilogue
Summer Sons.jpg
7/12- Chapters 1 - 8
7/19- Chapters 9 - 15
7/26- Chapters 16 - 22
8/2- Chapters 23 - 31
The Spear Cuts Through the Water.jpg
8/9- Before
8/16- Day 1
8/23- Day 2
8/30- Day 3 - 4

9/6 Day 5 and After

Last edited by a moderator:
How did the first week of reading Gideon go?
We're moving on today to the next set of chapters. Don't worry if you're a little behind! There's still time to catch up! Remember that if you've read ahead, please put such content in spoilers for those still behind.

This week is Chapters 10-19!

Another week, new chapters!
This week we're going through Chapters 20-29!
How are you liking Gideon the Ninth so far?

It's time to finish our first book from book club! This week we will be finishing off Gideon the First!!

LAST DAY TO FINISH GIDEON THE NINTH!
TOMORROW WE START OUR NEXT BOOK!

And that's a wrap on Gideon the Ninth! I will admit I've never read a Sci-fi book before and am planning to get the next book in the series to keep going! How did you feel about the book? Love it? Hate it? Let us know!

Look out for updates from @MaryGold for our live discussion of Gideon the Ninth soon!

Today we are beginning our second book for book club, Summer Sons! This one is from the horror genre and has lots of drama and a scary haunt! 😲. This week we will read through Chapters 1-8.

Happy Reading!

• Love
Reactions: rissa
Hello everyone!

The first Live Discussion for Gideon the Ninth will take place in the Discord on Sunday, July 16th at 1-2pm CST. I hope to see you guys there! Don't be shy even if you have not started the book.

The live discussion takes place in 20 minutes on the Iwaku Discord! If you're interested in voicing your thoughts and hearing others about Gideon the Ninth please join in!

It's time for the next set of chapters! How's everyone enjoying Summer Sons so far?
This week we're going through chapters 9-15.

Its that day of the week and its time for new chapters!
This week we're going through chapters 16-22.

It's the final week of Summer Sons! How has everyone been enjoying it so far? The discord has some thoughts on the main character, Andrew. Come join our rant! Time to finish up the book! Next week we will start our final book of book club!

LAST DAY TO FINISH SUMMER SONS!
TOMORROW WE START OUR NEXT BOOK!

And that's a wrap on Summer Sons! How did you feel about the book? Love it? Hate it? Let us know! The discord channel is buzzing with comments on the main character and some other characters our members had some strong feelings about. #TeamRiley

Look out for updates from @MaryGold for our live discussion of Summer Sons soon!

Today we are beginning our FINAL book for book club, The Spear Cuts Through Water! This one is from the adventure genre and is our longest book. This week we will read through the Prologue.

Happy Reading!

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Lyrikai
One week done! How's the reading going?
This week we're covering Day 1 and 2.

A big thank you to @LuckycoolHawk9 who pointed out some errors in our chapter divisions for the final book! I have updated the original post and divided up the reading a little better so it isn't so much during each week. Especially with back to school season rolling in!

Here are the page break downs if anyone needs it:
8/9- Before --- 95 pages
8/16- Day 1 --- 92 pages
8/23- Day 2 --- 92 pages
8/30- Day 3 - 4 --- 134 pages
9/6 Day 5 and After --- 105 pages

So we will have an extra week to finish up Day 2! Happy Reading Book Clubbers!

Forgot to update that this week we're reading Day 3-4! Happy Reading!

It's the final week of book club! 😭😭
This week we finalize The Spear Cuts Through Water and it also brings an end to our summer book club! It has been amazing and we've had fun discussing all the books. Let's finish strong!

• Love
Reactions: Diana
And that's a wrap on summer book club! Hope everyone had fun and got to read from some new genres. The discord channel is now open to spoilers so be cautious if you haven't finished the book yet. Feel free to discuss any of the three books!

It was a pleasure being your host for summer book club again this year! Be on the lookout for VC discussion from @MaryGold where we can discuss both Summer Sons and The Spear Cuts Through Water.

We'll be back next year! 😉