4. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Nonbinary
  2. Transgender
  3. Agender
  4. Primarily Prefer Male
  5. No Preferences
Genres
fantasy (of all stripes; high, low, modern, etc), post-apocalyptic, sci-fi / space opera, pretty much any "-punk" genre (steampunk, mythpunk, cyberpunk, etc.)
a sound Soul dwells within a sound Mind and a sound Body
box
  • before i get into anything, my roleplay intro & expectations are hosted on my toyhouse, so please give that a once-over!
    • do note that there's a couple "security questions" in the introduction to make sure folks actually do read 'em.
  • roleplay location can be threads or DMs, depending on your preference!
  • i'd prefer if interested partners are over 18! i'm just more comfortable doing 1x1s with folks around my age ^^
pretty much what it says on the tin, i've got an insatiable craving for some Soul Eater shenanigans.

while i usually focus more on developing OCs, i wouldn't be opposed to writing for some canon characters as well! i can write a decent Maka & Soul, and quite enjoy writing Black⛤Star & Crona, though i'd have to brush up a bit on any other characters. i'd also love tread into headcanon-y worldbuilder territory, if anyone's interested in that ;]

the only sweeping change to canon i'd want to make is that the cast are all adults, & have the DWMA be more of a college environment or similar.

plots, prompts, & dynamics are listed down below!
feel free to comment or shoot me a DM if you're interested! i most likely won't respond to reactions/likes, since i..... usually don't really know how to ADGSDGH-
SOUL'S CROSSING

Plots & Prompts
Dynamics & Idea-Bank
Dynamics
Majority of dynamics/pairing types can be platonic or romantic!​
✦ enemies/rivals to friends/lovers & also the reverse
✦ "handler" X "guard dog" types (basically this whole post)
✦ assassin who defects for their target
✦ the pining isn't unrequited, it is in fact Very mutual, they're just both idiots
✦ antagonist who's been redeemed by the aid & goodness of the hero X hero who is slowly descending down the same path that the antagonist just crawled out of
✦ "Nothing matters but us" amoral bastard X "I can make them better but they made me worse" conflicted mess
✦ cheery himbo who can see the good in everyone X repressed disaster with serious baggage

Idea-Bank
✦ whump
✦ angst
✦ heavily gendered titles getting switched around
✦ downtime moments
✦ poly relationships
✦ corruption arcs
✦ unconventional love languages
✦ uhhHh more tba, brain is full of tv static lol
"Missing Weapons"
"There's a reason Weapons and Meisters are urged to attend the DWMA as quickly as possible. Some people will do horrible things to gain power, and they'll often use anything — or anyone — to get what they want."​

This could take place pretty much any time during, before, or after canon events, or as an AU that completely ignores canon.

Either way, a number of weapon-students have gone missing over a short period of time. Our characters are tasked with finding them (or our characters take this mission upon themselves, possibly against the school's orders).
"Moved On Too Soon"
After a brutal and deadly accident on a mission to get their 99th soul, an EAT student (meister or weapon, either would work for this plot) is left partner-less. Survivor's guilt weighs heavily on them, but they soldier on and pair up with a new partner as soon as possible.

The surviving EAT student could have tried but failed to save their original partner; or maybe they were frozen with fear?

They could've even abandoned their partner, and are now dealing with the regret/fallout of this decision. (If they did, does anyone else know they ran? Or is it a secret that their partner took to their grave?)

Maybe the surviving student wants to retire from the EAT program, but feels obligated to make sure no other weapons and meisters suffer the same fate as their partner.
"Familiar Daemons"
More of a setting concept than a plot; 'tis a little bit of mixing fandoms, but I've always loved the His Dark Materials animal-familiar system, and would love to brainstorm something where it meshes with Soul Eater's lore.

In HDM, familiars are referred to as "daemons" & are the physical manifestation of a person's soul. Here's a link the fan wiki about daemons, for any who are unfamiliar with, or need a refresher on the concept! Warnings for possible spoilers if you haven't read the books or seen the show!

Here's the current ideas i'm thinking about for how daemons could work for the SE setting!
  • Meister-daemons can allow their meister to see and hear through their eyes and ears (like the telepathic communication aspect of the Find Familiar spell from DnD), but also acts as a sort of conduit to their soul perception. Wherever the daemon is, they basically double their mesiter's (and anyone else linked via resonance) soul perception radius.
  • Meister-daemons can travel a little further away from their partner than average.
  • Weapon-daemons can act as a sort of "accessory" to a weapon (a gun weapon's daemon could be a blade attachment, for example), but could also simply be "absorbed" into the weapon's full transformation. Others might be wildly different kinds of weapons, able to combine into something new when they transform together.
  • Kishins are fiercely protective of their daemons, only exposing them when feasting on a soul. (There are some uncommon cases of the daemon being physically stronger than their once-human half.)
  • Witches can be separate from their daes, but can also merge with their daemon to assume animal form.
"Soulborne"
Been kicking around a (sort of?) AU idea, that involves a Bloodborne, Elden Ring, and/or Dark Souls style setting (mostly for the aesthetics, because I Love that particular flavor of dark fantasy), but with Soul Eater lore heavily mixed in.

Instead of being students, Weapons and Meister pairs are professional and/or freelance monster / kishin / witch hunters. (This is by far my least fleshed out idea, as it's mostly just Bloodborne/Dark Souls aesthetics go brrrr.)

Last edited: