• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Cassandra smiled, "My pleasure," she grinned as she followed the group back to the hangar. Their pilot looked a bit young and sounded a bit cheeky to her, but she got on the dropship with everyone else and strapped into the harness. she looked at Dante when he spoke and she looked out the window too at all the debris. If there was someone on those ships, they were of course long dead. He was right. If disaster struck, there was no way to escape. "I never thought of that before..." she said and honestly wished she hadn't thought of it now.

The planet came into view and she could see the blues and greens that reminded her of earth. She felt a tiny tug at her heart but it passed quickly as they got closer to the surface and the differences were clearly visible. This was not Kansas.

"Look at the size of the foliage," she said as they got closer and could see the enormous leafy plants that seemed to be everywhere.

The dropship flew low over the dense jungles and soon arrived at their destination. A large swath of jungle had been cut down to reveal reddish brown earth. Large bunkers along with various weapon emplacements dotted the terrain surrounding a large squat building in the center. A soldier with large glow signals guided the dropship onto a makeshift landing pad as two men approached the landing area. With a thump the dropship landed and opened the boarding ramp. Stepping out, the group was greeted by a bulky general with a large scar over his left eye.

Natalya exited first and snapped a crisp salute to the general. "Captain Sokolov and SOG squad 8-2 reporting in." The general scowled and glared at the group. "I will make this clear right now. I do not like you SOG creeps. Buncha backstabbing, no honor, murdering lot all of you. But I got orders to assist you with your op so I will cooperate this one time." Natalya remained expressionless and professional and nodded. "Thank you sir." The general grunted dismissively, "my name is General MacArthur. This here is my second in command Major Thompson. He will be our go between. You stick your noses in any business other than yours and we will have problems. All yours major." Thompson saluted as the MacArthur stomped away and gave Natalya a bored expression. "Follow me."

He led the group to a bunker on the outskirts of the camp. The entire way the group was met with dirty looks and snide remarks by pretty much everyone. "This is your temporary lodging. Basic frontline bunker. Two private rooms for officers, one communal bunk room for soldiers. Equipped with AC and running water along with basic sanitary utilities. Showers are over by the command hub." He then abruptly left, leaving the group with their gear. Kirst chuckled and rubbed his chin. "Well I have had worse receptions, at least they gave us a roof over our heads." The squad voiced their agreements as they went inside. The bunker was actually built into the ground, only the roof showing above the earth. Descending a short flight of stairs, flourescent lights flickered on to reveal the spartan interior.

"Alright Doc, you and captain Sokolov get the private rooms. Us Saints will take the grunt bunks." Kirst gently pushed Cassandra forward before she could protest as the rest of the Saints began making themselves at home. Natalya immediately went into her room and locked the door behind her. Turk discreetly took the bunk closest to Natalya's room as Erik took the bunk closest to Cassandra's, not that anyone noticed.

Cassandra stepped off the dropship and being the only non-military person in the party, her brow winged at the general's rudeness. She didn't say anything, but her mind was sure going a mile a minute, in a not exactly lady-like rant.

She went down the few steps and felt someone pushing her toward the private rooms, and she was about to protest but she knew it would fall of deaf ears, "thank you gentlemen for your sacrifice." She said with a nod to them all. She went into her space and dropped most of her gear. She looked around and saw that she had a desk of sorts. That was lucky. She set out some of the analyzing equipment and powered it all up to make sure it worked and then turned it all off. her equipment didn't need external power, but if it was available she would use it. She made a lighter pack to take with them, that all the things she needed to begin collecting samples and gather all the information she would ened to isolate the agent of the weapon.

She came back to the door of her room, and leaned against the lamb, "When are we leaving?" she asked.

The men had made themselves at home and were going about checking their weapons and gear. Kirst looked up at Cassandra and shrugged. "Dunno, thats up to the Captain. She is the one in charge right now." They all looked at Natalya's room and the locked door.

Cassandra nodded, "Ahh..well then." She said absently, "I guess I'll just go back in here and um...dust something." She shrugged and went back into her room and sat on the cot. She seriously had NOTHING to do. She had everything packed separately in a backpack for collecting the samples she needed, analyzing the samples and identifying them. She'd done all her prep work on the Andromeda. Now she was just looking at the equipment she'd placed on her desk thinking she shouldn't have been quite so organized.

There was a knock on Cassandra's door and Erik poked his head in. "Hey Doc, mind if I talk to ya for a sec?" Stepping in, Erik closed the door and leaned against the wall. "You probably noticed how our reception was not that hospitable. I shoulda warned you ahead of time but the SOG is not always held in high regard. Because of the stuff we do and the secrecy, lots of rumors and stuff get often blown way out of proportion. Also there have been times where SOG soldiers have not made the best impressions. I just want to say try not to let it get to you. And while it may not look like it....all SOG guys have blood on their hands. Saints included. Its just part of the job. So dont think too badly of the regular grunts."

Cass looked up, relieved to have something to focus on besides her desire to get under way. She smiled at Erik and nodded, "You know I will always try to have time for you," she said honestly. He wanted to explain their less than courteous welcome and she smiled, "Trust me Erik," she said with a slight curl to her lips, "I am not under any delusions where the Saints are concerned. I know what you all do, and that you follow orders. But, I trust you all with my life, and rightly so given past performance."

She tapped a finger to the field bag she was picking through before he entered, "It may surprise you to know, that doctors of my kind are not always welcomed either. Especially my particular kind, given that I have implanted enhancements. And now I am here to do research of an...unusual nature. I did not attribute all of the hostility to you. We both are here to do a job, and it will get done, no matter the obstacles."

She let out a gentle sigh, "You are not the only ones with blood on your hands. It's part of a doctor's call and curse as much as yours." She peeked up at him then, "Probably why we all get along so well...kinship of a kind..."

Erik smiled warmly and nodded, "I guess you are right doc. Always nice to have someone who understands. If you want after this mission maybe-" He was interrupted by the sound of Natalya's door opening. "Squad! Prepare for mission briefing!" Erik huffed in annoyance at the interruption. "Duty calls doc, dont wanna keep the captain waiting."

Walking out into the common bunk area, the two joined the rest of the saints as Natalya held up a small holoprojector. "I have just finished talking with the director and have our mission details. The operation will have two stages. First is the infiltration. We will be accompanied by a platoon from Force Recon. They will start a diversionary assault on the anti-air installation to the east of the compound. We will infiltrate the compound, neautralize any threats, and secure the bio-weapon. The second stage is destruction and exfiltration. Once the anti-air defenses are down, we will destroy any and all research in the compound. We will then extract via dropship. Any questions?"

Cassandra smiled, "It is," she agreed. The Saints and Erik in particular seemed to get her, and not feel the need to change her or berate her oddities. She appreciated it more than any of them would know. She looked up at him when he started to talk about after the mission and she felt a bit of annoyance at the interruption as well, since she had no idea what he'd been about to say.

She went out into the common bunk area and listened as Natalya outlined their mission. Her brows furrowed a bit, "We are not here to analyze and neutralize the bioweapon through detection and antidote?" she asked watching the holoprojection before her. That meant nothing to her, she knew they would handle all of that and she'd be running like a fool as fast as she could to keep them from getting killed while they protected her.

"Or am I to take samples and have them for the director's use?" she asked warily. She was getting a slightly nauseous feeling in the pit of her stomach. Either way she would create an antidote, but she was a bit confused as to why she was here, if they were just going to destroy everything anyway.

Natalya looked at Cassandra and nodded. "Yes, our primary goal is to neutralize the weapon and prevent possible further use. We probably will not have time to analyze the bioweapon on site. Hence our reason for collecting it. As for destroying all research, we are making sure the confederacy has no means of recreating it."

Not on site. Hmm. She nodded, but she wasn't at all sure she liked it. Still, she'd agreed to do a job and bioweapons were one of her pet peeves. Just the word made her blood boil, and anyone who would develop and use them, deserved whatever they got in way of offensive hostilities. It would seem, she was not going to have much time to collect what she needed. She was now glad she HAD taken that extra time to carefully pack the travel kit. Speed and easy collection were going to be her friends in this.

She looked at Natalya then, "I will be quick about what I need, and we can get back out." She was no way costing anyone their lives today.

Natalya frowned, "like I said. If we can we will acquire the bioweapon and analyze it back here. While I appreciate your enthusiasm, we will follow the director's orders." Meanwhile the saints had been dutifully looking at the holomap and taking notes. When they were done, Natalya shut off the projector. "This joint operation has been given the codename of purity. The operation commences at 0230 tomorrow morning. So finish any personal business and get some rest." Natalya gave the saints her usual icy stare and motioned for Cassandra to follow her into her room. "Doctor Brandford, a moment." Walking in and shutting the door behind them, Natalya's normal blank face fell into a weary woman. Rubbing her red eye subconsciously, she walked over to her bag. "I did not want to discuss this in front of the squad, but it needs to be said." Rummaging around in her duffel bag, Natalya retrieved a small plastic case. Opening it, she pulled out a piece of waxy plastic about the size of a postage stamp. She handed it to Cassandra gingerly and gestured to it. "That is standard issue asset denial substance...basically a fancy word for suicide paper. You simply apply it anywhere on your body and within thirty seconds you die painlessly." Natalya sighed and sat down on the edge of her bunk. "I did not want to have this conversation so soon. You are...one of my few....actual friends in the SOG. I tried to convince the director to replace you with someone else but he refused. If the situation arises that we are going to be captured, the saints and I will fight to the death. I do not want to hold you to that standard. Every SOG field operative has one of those with them at all times. Myself and the saints included. Do not entertain the notion that you will be treated humanely if captured. You are part of the SOG and the enemy will do unspeakable things to you to get you to talk. So please, if the time comes. Do not try to be a hero. Do you understand?" Natalya looked up at Cassandra with sorrow in her eyes. "I have seen...and felt the consequences of capture. I need you to promise me that you will not go through that hell nust to be brave. Promise me."

Cassandra managed to stifle any further comments and looked at the map as well. She wanted to know where she was going, so she would be ok if they somehow got separated, not that she envisioned that happening.

Her brows rose when Natalya asked to speak to her alone, but she followed. She listened and watched her friend. "Thank you," she said honestly, "You are a valued friend to me as well." She took the small square and held it up to the light before looking back at her, "I'm sure you realize as a healer this is a difficult promise for me to make." she said watching her carefully. "I would much rather die fighting along side all of you, and I will if the time comes. I am not afraid of my weapons, nor of using them. However...that said. I also know that I have within my body valuable equipment..." She gave her a meaningful look. "I have something..." she said with a sigh, "This will not protect what I have sworn to protect. Keep this. But I promise you." He maintained eye contact with her, "That if I expect to be taken captive I will use what I have, and destroy the technology my body houses." It was one of the stipulations of obtaining the implants and THEN serving off world. had she elected to remain at home, she would not have had to sign that agreement. But she wanted her life to count for something, and it would. She was determined that it would.

Smiling at Natalya and placing a comforting hand to her shoulder, "You are not the only one with secrets." Her lips formed a soft smile then, "There are two vial of chemicals inside my implants.If I use my eye to combine them, they will form a corrosive acid that will dissolve every electronic within me...and since one of them in is my eye, I am sure you realize what will soon after follow." She had been assured that the first thing that would happen would be that her pain sensors would be incapacitated, but she wasn't naive enough to trust that. She knew it would be a painful death, but she could not allow this technology to fall into the wrong hands.

Giving another squeeze to her shoulder, "Sleep Natalya...you looks as if you need it. I trust those men completely. I have no doubt we will all emerge from this and be sent on far stupider missions. But know this. I will do everything in my power to get at least a sample of this weapon before we leave. Just in case...there needs to be an antidote..." She let her hand fall and went to the door. 2:30 comes quickly...sleep...doctor's orders." She grinned and left the room.

She saw the Saints all looking at notes and talking among themselves and smiled. She couldn't imagine a better group to carry this out. She was a natural optimist, but even had she not been. She knew they would have her confidence and trust. She stood leaning against her door, just watching them. She knew she should sleep as well. But she also knew it would be hard. She was seriously keyed up and full of anxious energy. Not the worrying kind, the anticipatory kind.

• Love
Reactions: Dunruffle
Kirst looked up and nodded to Cassandra. "Hey doc, just going over our plans for tomorrow. Hope the captain didn't give you a hard time. We have some pretty cool lot this time around since it is an actual mission and stuff. None of that basic crap like back when we first met, anyways we're gonna hit the sack in ten. Tomorrow is a big day. Gnight doc." The rest of the squad said goodnight and went about preparing for sleep. Erik caught Cassandra's eye and gave her a small wave and a smile before flopping onto his bed.

Cassandra nodded, "So it would seem." And then realizing that was Kirst's polite way of saying go to bed and stop watching us, she turned to her door and smiled back at Erik and waving as she went into her room and closed the door behind her. No need to keep everyone awake, just because she would have a hard time resting.

Once inside the room, she sat on her 'bed' gently. Her elbows propped on her knees as she looked at the equipment she'd brought along. Her mind replayed the briefing, and with the aid of the implant in her eye it was a word for word recollection. Why had the director wanted her along if his intention was to destroy everything? Maybe he was aware of her past stubbornness when placed in such situations. She huffed, of course he was. He probably knew what kind of diapers her mother used on her as a child. All she needed was a few notes, or an actual sample. Not much. If she had notes she could collect the same ingredients and then devise the antidote. She COULD create a weapon of this kind. She did have the capacity, knowledge wise. Ethically though, she could never do it. The healer in her was far too dominant for that kind of evil use of her education.

She laid on the cot and forced herself to at least rest her body a bit, even if she could not sleep. Maybe if she laid there she would fall asleep? A tiny smile curled her lips, not a chance, and she knew it. Her profession though had trained her to long periods without rest, so she wasn't worried about that. She kept the map and the locations of the buildings before her until they felt burned onto her implant. She studied the target building and felt like she knew where the lab would be from the location of the walls. She'd certainly spent enough time inside such buildings to be able to take a very educated guess at least. hopefully her guess would be accurate and she would be able to get out with what she'd come for....

As time passed the various sounds of the warzone could be heard from outside. Starfighters screamed overhead, artillery boomed in the distance, and the occasional sound of Dante snoring emanated from outside her door. Eventually the sound of a digital reminder alarm began beeping and the sounds of movement and conversation could be heard. There was a soft knock on her door and Xanders poked his head in. "Wakey wakey doc, time to get this show on the road."

When Cassandra would leave her room she would see the saints preparing themselves for combat. They all wore the same jungle patterned armor which was obviously much higher grade than the usual standard military armor. Their helmets were all the same type but varied with different attachements. Most had a small LED light on them for use in the dark, a few had small scanners or other detection equipment. The only unique piece of headgear was on Turk. He had a small holographic display that was over his right eye that occassionally flickered with various numbers.

The saints were also preparing and making final checks on their weapons. Kirst and Erik had sleek and angular advanced assault rifles with several attachments on them. Xanders had a similar design shotgun with box magazines and attachments. Dante had a slightly smaller than usual light machine gun that had a barrel with a ported heat shield over it and a large magazine. Turk was equipped with a semi-automatic sniper rifle that had a bipod and jungle camo paintjob.

Noticing Cassandra, the saints all gave her friendly greetings. Kirst walked over and handed her the pistol she had favored from the firing range. "Hey doc, I dont expect you to take part in any firefights we get into but its best if you have something to defend yourself with. Figured I would bring along that pistol you liked from before." After handing her the pistol he gave her three small magazines. "Hopefully you won't need to use all these but its best to be prepared. You get 12 shots in each."

Natalya came out of her room and inspected the men. She had the same black combat armor on from before and her snow white hair was completely covered by her officer's hat. She had a compact custom submachine gun and her chainsword hung at her waist. "Squad! We depart in five. Begin final checks and prep."

• Love
Reactions: PoetLore
Cassandra smiled at Xander, "I'm up...be out in a second." She had been repacking her backpack for the tenth time, not because it was necessary, but because she was trying to kill time until everyone else woke up.

She opened her door and smiled at each of them men, making note of their highly individualized gear. She remembered Erik saying that they all had made modifications to their personal gear based on task and preference and she could see now why that was wise. Their armor made them all look stronger somehow, and more lethal, though she was well aware of their skills. Something about this seemed a bit more serious somehow.

She looked up when Kirst approached. She accepted the gun and the rounds and nodded, "Thank you, that was very thoughtful of you." She knew she was able to make a clean shot with this weapon, and though she had another in her pack, it was not as accurate as this one. She inspected the weapon and saw that he already had it loaded with a round of ammo, so the other three he'd handed her were slipped into the short pocket along her hip for quick access should she need it.

She turned and nodded to Natalya when she appeared. She always looked so sinister and lethal, but she had seen the other side of the woman. Hopefully someone else would as well, it was her contention that the woman needed some companionship. Someone who could show her how to let go and remember that she was still a woman and not just a military officer. her thoughts were interrupted by the major's orders to make ready. She slid the handgun into side holder where she usually kept her surgical heat seamer. She'd opted to leave that back at the base, in favor of other things she'd felt were more mission appropriate.

She waited for everyone to lead the way, prepared to move as fast as she could to not deter their efforts at all. She was nearly bouncing in her shoes in anticipation. Waiting killed her...

• Love
The men went about making final checks on their gear and tugging on each other's various harnesses to make sure they were tight. They all had gas masks on their belts and Natalya handed one to Cassandra. "Just in case, I assume you know how to properly wear and use it." She then handed Cassandra a tablet in a shock proof case. "You will not be entering the facility with us. You and the sniper will set up nearby to provide overwatch and surveillance. The rest of the squad have helmet cams equipped that will relay to this tablet. Essentially letting you see through their eyes. This will be crucial when we reach the target as you will identify items of most importance. You will have a separate comm channel solely for this purpose so as to not interfere with squad communication."

Natalya turned back to the men, "squad 8-2! Move out!" The men fell in line behind Natalya and followed her out of the bunker. Outside the air was filled with anticipation. Soldiers rushed about getting ready as officers barked out orders. Making their way to the landing area, they were greeted by major Thompson who had been waiting. "Your transport will be here momentarily. You know the mission details. I will remind you that this mission has been authorized solely to aid your task. Should you fail, the lives of my men that were lost will be in vain and on your shoulders." Natalya simply nodded, "the SOG does not fail." Thompson made a derisive snort and rolled his eyes. "Of course." Looking up and shading his eyes, a small smirk adorned his face. "Your transport is here." With that he turned on his heel and left.

The dropship smoothly landed and the side doors slid open. The dropship was an atmospheric model, designed solely for use in atmosphere and not space travel. It was much more slimmer than space capable models and only had one auto-cannon mounted under it's nose as it's only weapon. It was clearly designed with speed in mind and not armored offensive capability.

vtol_by_kvlticon-d38a8cp.jpg

Under closer inspection, the dropship was obviously much more battleworn than the rest of the dropships nearby. It's paint was chipped and fading along with various patches, welding marks, and a few ominous looking stains. It several spots that had bullet holes, laser burns, and scorch marks. The nose had a tooth filled mouth and predatory eyes painted on the front.

Dante paused and chuckled. "Well it certainly has character." Kirst sighed as he followed Natalya forward. "Obviously they do not want to waste a new dropship on us." Entering the dropship they took their seats. The troop bay had eight seats total, organized in two rows of four. There was enough room between the two rows for extra gear or two stretchers for wounded. The seats were all collapsible and could fold down into the floor for extra room. Harnesses were attached to both the ceiling and floor so anyone standing or seated could secure themselves. When the side doors were open the two front seats of each row could be folded down and their occupants could sit facing outwards.

The interior of the aircraft was filled with various eclectic items. Grenades of various types were tied or taped to the walls for easy access along with magazines for various weapons. Stickers of all kinds were pasted everywhere and several spots had kill tallys, scribbled signatures and names, along with crude comments and offensive statements. The ceiling had several items attached or otherwise secured in place. A rusty shotgun, a harpoon launcher, a large caliber rifle with the words "Fist of the North Star" emblazoned on the side, and several odd looking boxes with small deflated weather ballons attached.

As they strapped themselves in the soldiers examined their surroundings. "What. The. Fuck. Its like someone decided to use this thing as a trashcan." Erik looked closely at several items when suddenly Dante and Xanders began giggling quietly. Kirst turned around and sighed. "What is so funny you two?" The two friends tried to contain their laughter as they pointed to a spot with scribbled writing. "This shit is funny! Its a joke about a girl, a space worm, and..." Xanders trailed off mid sentence as he noticed Natalya glaring at him. Suddenly the hatch to the cockpit opened and the pilot poked his head through the opening. "Heya my dudes. Welcome to my humble abode. My names Willis "Fubar" Dewcoy and imma be your pilot today."

Willis had a very unique appearance. His flight helmet had several hand painted designs on it. There was an old fashioned peace symbol, and an illuminati pyramid with a single eye. There was a bright yellow racing stripe down the middle, and a white square with the words "live fast, fly faster" Written in black and highlighted in red. Several other designs were not visible. Willis' eyes were covered by a pair of aviators with reflective purple lenses and he had a scraggly soul patch on his chin.

Natalya rubbed the bridge of her nose in obvious frustration, "pilot Dewcoy. While your taste in...decoration..is very odd. I expect you to behave like a professional." Willis grinned and chuckled. "Woah there boss lady. Dont bring your negative vibes in here. If you are flyin with me that means you pissed off somebody and they purposefully put you here. I am a free spirit and the higher ups dont like my groove. So they always send me on the missions with the most risk. Jokes on them though, over 50 combat missions and I am still kickin. It's hilarious seein the officers faces when I come back in one piece. They also always put me last in repairs but I know my way around these birds." He tilted his shades down and nodded towards the Saints. "You boys have some fancy gear. Spec ops of some kind right? Then you have miss demon eye here with the whole bringer of death look, and a civvie with ya." Suddenly the radio in the cockpit began emitting a muted voice, causing Willis to perk up. "Well that my friends are the downers in flight control telling me to get goin. Enjoy the ride!" Willis' head disappeared and the hatch closed with a clang. The engines roared to life and the dropship began lifting off into the sky. The intercom speakers clicked on and Willis spoke up, "hey yall imma play some tunes. If you dont like it...to bad." With a cackle Willis cut out to be replaced by the opening chords of the song "Fortunate Son" by Creedence Clearwater Revival.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Love
Reactions: PoetLore
Cassandra accepted the gas mask, attaching it to her belt at her right hip. She then took the tablet and tapped it to life, and seeing the set up she was now used to, nodded and slid it into her pack outer pocket. She would not be going in with them. The words grated on her but she gave Turk a nod and smile as he'd be stuck guarding her alone. There was a slightly apologetic look in the gaze she exchanged with him before following everyone out to wait for their transport.

General Thompson was possibly the most obnoxious commander she'd ever encountered, and was clearly abusing his power and authority. She was even more convinced of it, when their transport arrived and she saw it's condition. She looked at him then, "Your men will return alive, if I have any hand in it at all." They could fill that transport with wounded and she'd see they all lived. her gaze then was stubborn and full of purpose. She almost dared any of the men to die, she'd likely fill them full of implants and create a new man. Not that she had all of that available here, but her angst at this man was creating a whirlwind of revenge. He would probably soon learn it was not a good idea to have her for an enemy.

She watched the general leave them with laughter on his lips and managed to stifle the hand gesture that begged to be flung at his retreating back. Once inside the transport she looked around as the others did, "That general is in serious need of an attitude adjustment." she murmured as she strapped herself into her seat.

Dante and Xander's chuckling was contagious and a wide smile formed on her face then,and she was glad of it. Angst stole energy and decisiveness. She needed to feel calm internally so that she could effectively tell them what to grab for her. Oh, how she hated this. She wanted to look at things and then decide, but now she'd have to rely on what they chose to look at, which wouldn't necessarily be what she would. Still, she thought maybe Erik would know what to look for, since he had medical background.

The pilot popped out his head, interrupting her mental musing. She listened to him and grinned. Good for him. She wished him the best of luck in his efforts to crap all over the general's day as often as he possibly could. She rather loved the thought of it, if she was honest. She grinned when he announced he was going to play tunes. "He is a different sort, but I bet we are in very good hands...even though they didn't mean to put us there..."

As they picked up speed and altitude, several other dropships, transports, and attack ships could be seen lifting off and heading in a different direction. Kirst drummed his fingers on his knee as he watched the other craft taking off. "While the CO's here are assholes, I cant really be angry at the grunts. Force recon prides themselves on reliability, adaptability, and sheer stubbornness. First in, last out is one of their mottos." Erik nodded as he checked his assault rifle. "That's how it has always been since the beginning of time. Regular troops and spec ops rarely get along due to their different fighting styles."

Fortunate Son sounded its final notes and after a few moments of silence a new song started. Dante and Xanders immediately perked up and smiled. "Yooo! Yall remember this song?" Dante keyed the intercom to talk to Willis. "Yo Fubar! Turn this shit up its our jam!" Willis laughed and suddenly the music increased in volume. "Right on my dudes!" Kirst looked over at Natalya apologetically, causing the captain to sigh and wave dismissively allowing the squad to sing along.

Song: Fueled by Adrenaline, by Kazzer

Dante:
"Late night make a run with the devil
High beams blast the track at full steam
Fork in the road but I'm on the get go
So hold on tight tear up the concrete
One eye open lookin out for cops
The other ones hopin just to keep 'er straight
My right hands reaching for the right to shift
My left hands always pullin to the passin lane
Hit it,"

Chorus:
"I'm lookin outside my life keeps flashin by
I move around but I'm always against the wind
Enjoy the ride and just hang on"

"Drive it all night
Launch it straight from hell
And hang it on the edge
Fueled by adrenaline
Lady luck don't fail me I'm at it again
Fueled by adrenaline"

Xanders:
"Right... Heavy on the gas till I'm satisfied
I live for the moment when it's do die
So I set the pace cause I'm second to none
Take a quick pitstop then I'm back on the run
I'm pushin really hard I'm in the triple digits
Can't break down ignore the speed limit
Cause I'm outta my mind when I'm pressed for time
Let the demons inside hit the overdrive
Get it..."

Chorus:
"I'm lookin outside my life keeps flashin by
I move around but I'm always against the wind
Enjoy the ride and just hang on"

"Drive it all night
And hang it on the edge
Fueled by adrenaline
Fueled by adrenaline"

Erik:
"For a long while nearly lost my ride
Just a long shot lady luck on my side
Under the eight ball finally realized
Been sold out hop in the low ride
I can't turn back and I'll see you in hell"

Chorus:
"Drive it all night
And hang it on the edge
Fueled by adrenaline
Fueled by adrenaline"

While the three men may have been a little off key, they knew the lyrics by heart and all sang together for the chorus. Kirst simply smiled amusedly as he watched their antics while Turk waved a finger to the beat. Natalya simply ignored the singing by going over mission notes. Unnoticed to the men though, Natalya subtly tapped her foot to the beat.

Last edited by a moderator: