Monsters Beyond the Fog [p]

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
When he saw the shiny thing that Jaylin had was tossed to ground he change direction almost in mid air. Then went to after the badge and went to snatch it up. Before climbing up the nearest tree. And went to examine his new shiny object and went sniff it with his antennas. His wings stop fluttering and the wind stop moving. Before tucking it under his moth fluff. Seemingly quite happy as he went to then lick his hands with long slender tongue. "And t'at's Mr.Mothman to chu deer boy." Angelos says and went to clean his hands. "Why are you humans here anyhow? Humans aren't allowed in the forest." Then went to was smooth his moth fluff. Not looking at them as he was using one set of arms to hold onto tree and other to clean himself.

James had no idea what this creature problem was, but he kept charging at Jaylin like he had problem with him. When he felt the deer boy get behind him more and then giggled. Saying that the mothman was just after the shiny badge Jaylin had. And sure enough when he tossed the badge and went retrieve it and went to tree he seemed to settle. Or well he seemed calmer until he spoke and he sounded annoyed. "Well there is saying about Moth to a flame." He mused at Jaylin. "We know… but we could use some help on understanding the fog that's around here."

When the mothman spoke directly to Marc, he ducked further behind the humans with a sheepish nod of understanding. Not thinking much about the other hearing him when he spoke about the shiny object. Of course he knew nothing about the mothmans name, but would respect the connotation of Mr. Mothman that was for sure. After all the creature could easily eat him alive if they so chose to. Then looked to the darker skinned human when he spoke about the fog and wanting to know more, "Mr. Mothman would know more about the fog than I would. He can fly and see everything from up there,"

Jaylin gave a small huff and rolled his eyes at the creature, what even was he? Some sort of insect hybrid? With four arms, wings and very furry? Suppose a moth would make sense in this case whether or not it was a good thing was up for debate, "We are well aware we aren't allowed to be here, but we're investigating the missing and murdered people in the town as well as creatures that have gone missing or turned up dead as well," He responded to the mothman, "And we would love if you two could help us in the investigation; as you would know more about the forest and the fog than anyone else here,"

Angelos antenna perked a bit. "And why would chu t'ink I know anyt'ing about t'e fog." He then let out something of squeak. Which was forced from deep with in him. It didn't sound frightening. But his wings were also starting to chitter a bit. He went to hop from the tree and fluffed up a bit. "Just t'is week t'e Moth nomads of south faced two deaths alone. And Nó one knows why." Letting out popping sort squeak. "And if I were chu t'at fog may get chu as well." Then let another defiant squeak crossing one set of arms. "I'd help if chu two didn't stink. Chur smell will attract a lot of unwanted attention. Especially t'ose from Troll tribe or werewolf clan."

James felt Marc duck behind him and could tell he was frighten of the mothman. He never seen anything like him before. As he was surely an unusual looking creature, but despite the his looks and huge wing span his body was small. Huh? Didn't expect that. "Hey we don't stink. And that's very rude to say to someone you just met." Then looked at Jaylin. "Do we really want his help after he insults us. Not to mention he did attack you twice."

Jaylin crossed his arms over his chest, glancing at Buck at his question before speaking to the Mothman directly, "Not like you smell any better, besides we could always cover our scent. Moths tend to reak enough to cover any sort of scent," Was his retort to the creature and shook his head, "But no, we do need your help. both of you twos help. You know most about the forest than we do, and if you're also expierencing disappearances and deaths- then whats the harm in working together?" Though suppose James was right in that they shouldn't work with a creature than insulted us, but they really had no choice. They were also having the same situations of missing or dead individuals and that could be their only lead thus far. They could benefit from working together.

"I have to agree with the humans; they're also in the same situation of mystery deaths and maybe we can help each other figure out why," Marc piped up peaking out from behind James to look at the Mothman, "I can make up some stuff to cover their scent and make them blend in more here," As a satyr, Marc had skills in making healing potions, perfumes and other sort of makeshift things like his bag and clothing. So the least he could offer is the humans a way to hide among them and avoid the dangers of the forest while they're here. "I don't think helping them will hurt- they're only trying to help,"

"I'll have chu know we moths do not stink. Many of us have better scent t'an chu humans." Letting out another angry squeak. "Then chu of t'e deer kin can help them. I do not want to be caught wit' humans. Moths have enough problems without getting caught in human affairs. I am no different." He says as two of his hands placed on his chest. Angelos then went to walk over to a tree and went climb up. "T'e fog is dense… Star Lake would be a good place to start." Telling them and went to disappear into tree branches.

James watched them and looked to Marc. "It was nice try to get him to agree." He says to Marc looking back at him. "Even though it didn't work at least he gave us clue. A place called Star Lake. I didn't see it on map, perhaps it's in this forest. I can only assume at least." Telling Jaylin and looked at Marc with a small smile. "I do appreciate you want us to help us. What is your name?" Asking the faun like creature.

Marc gave a small snort when the moth declined his words to help them; wouldn't he want to help them to get them out sooner? Moths were just so selfish sometimes he swore. Though at least he gave some semblemnce of a clue or an attempt to help rather than leaving them in the dark. Digging his hoof into the ground as the moth creature climbed up into the tree then looked to the human when they asked for his name. Oh right! That was important wasn't it. He gave a bright smile and a small bow, something he was use to doing in his own culture, "Marcus, they call me Marcus or just Marc,"

While those two where getting to know one another, Jaylin furrowed his brow in a scheme. Going to the tree and looking up it that the moth creature had climbed, "Perhaps an insentive would fancy you, mothman," he called up the tree and went to dig around in the bag, "Seeing as you like shiny things, or perhaps some food?- we could offer that in return for your help. As you seem to know more than you tend to let on,"

"Well it's very nice to meet you Marcus." James says to him with a small smile. "My name is James and he's Jaylin. We work for the Royal Guard of our Kingdom." Telling him with small nod. "I'm glad you decide to help us Marcus. We can use all the help we can get."

Angelos heard him and went to look at them from his perch. Then went to climb down slowly. "I prefer shiny things if you want my help." He says to him and went to hold himself steady chittering his wings a bit. "Food is easy to come by if you know where look."

"I'm always happy to help, you helped me after all yesterday so it is the least i can do," Marc responded and took note of their names; Jaylin and James. Humans had such funny names! Also now he had questions of what a kingdom was and what a Royal Guard was as well. Where those important things? How long would they be in town if they did not live here? Marc had a plethera of questions about humans and what they do; but those could wait for later down the line. He didn't think they'd apperciate being bombarded with questions this early on in things. Perhaps they could exchange information later on in their investigating.

Jaylin looked up at the mothman and gave a nod, "Fine, you help us and I'll get you some shiny stuff," They had more silver based stuff back at the Inn plus he was pretty sure a fork or spoon would be shiny enough for the moth. For now he pulled out his flashlight and clicked it on before offering it up to him, "Now as much as Mothman is fitting to you, what is your actual name?"

"Of course we wanted to help you. We didn't want the townsfolk to hurt you. We need as much help as possible to get things figured out." James says to him. "So I can assume that Mothman there knows where this Star Lake is? Have you been there too Marcus?" Asking him

Angelos looked at the flashlight curiously and hopped down. Taking it from him and used his antennas to sniff it a bit. Before he went to pass it back to him and went to nod. "It'll do a cheap novelty t'ough I own six of t'em." And went to clean them once more. "My name is Angelos." He says and went to look at him the antennas were like fluffy fir branch that sprung back in there comfortable placement. "We have to cover your smell or else we'll attract the wrong attention from the other clans or tribes."

Star Lake was pretty deep into the forest and required going through a lot of clan or tribe territories to get there. "I have not been there no, I don't tend to go too deep into the forest. Thats where the clans and tribes live and they don't take kindly to strangers most of the time," He responded and ran a hand over his leg as a force of nervous habit. Marc hadn't ever talked so much to humans before and he wasn't sure if this was a good idea or not suddenly. Going deeper into the forest wasn't ideal, but it was the best solution they had at the moment. Where the fog started or something.

Of course he would have six of them already; why wasn't that surprising? "Nice to meet you Angelos, I'm Jaylin and thats James though you probably already heard that from earlier," He said and put the flashlight away. Now having to think of something better to give the weird moth creature. Suppose more silver from the Inn would do when they got back there.

Marc perked up as Angelos spoke about covering their scent, and instantly went to dig around in the satchel he had on his hip. Pulling out two bottles of a royal blue liquid and went to offer it to James then Jaylin, "Here, this'll make you smell like that of elves! As they're the closest things to what you guys look like. Just spray a bit on yourself and it should cover your smell while you're here,"

"I see." James says to him. "Well we still need to see if maybe something over there is cause of the killings and disappearances." He says to him. "I am assuming we are going to have the moth-person lead us then." Though wasn't to happy about it either even if it didn't show. When he heard Angelos that they would have to cover up their scent. And looked at blue vial and went to take one from Marc. "I'm a little afraid to ask what exactly is this liquid."

"Yea I heard." Angelos says to him. "Elf is better than nothing. There are worst things in this forest that wouldn't mind killing humans and eating them." Then a smirk crossed his face. "And I heard eating a deer is pretty delicious too." Looking at Marc though he was trying to scare him a little bit. As he knew most deer people were a bit skittish.

"Hey! Thats not very funny, Angelos," Was Marcs' meek handed response, ducking behind James and sticking his tongue out at the other. He knew he was bottom of the food chain and could do very little to prevent being a prey animal. The moth though didn't have to point that out to the whole group! Also, James didn't want to know what made the perfume so strong. It was a mixture of blood, herbs and other variants known to the elf culture. It was questionable, but so where most things in the forest.

"Alright, alright, enough you two," Jaylin stated, taking the bottle from Marc and placing some on his wrist, chest and neck. Flinching a bit as the perfume trickled down his chest and stung his sore skin from burns of many years ago. Also it smelled very strongly of cedarwood and lilacs- a scent he wasn't too fond of that was for sure. He was more of a floral scented man himself, but anything to keep from being eaten.

James was sort of playing with the liquid inside by swirling the bottle a bit. But heard Angelos and somewhat rolled his eyes. "He's just trying to get under your skin Marcus ignore him." Assuming the other and went to put some of the liquid on his neck, chest, and wrist. "Doesn't smell to bad." As he didn't mind cedarwood.

Angelos just smirk as he knew he got to Marc. And went to chuckle a bit. "Better, you don't smell human." Then went back fly up to branch. "Come on Star Lake is this way." He says to him and began to glide from branch to branch. "Keep up." Telling them pausing a bit before continuing on. As they further into the forest it was like stepping onto a moss carpet. There were things that grew much larger in this forest like the mushrooms. Some grew as big as small dog and every so often moss or ferns would glow. It was obvious this place held magic and reason why creatures were keen to protect it.

Another sticking out of the tongue accomponied Angelos' words, and Marc pulled away from James as the moth began to lead to the lake. Suppose he had made the perfume a little too strong as it hurt his deer-like nose a little too much. Regardless, Marc kept by the humans as Angelos was moving too quickly for mere human legs to keep up with. Though with his own night-sight, he could see the moth from a few feet away in the darkening forest. The satyr had never been this far into the forest since he was a little faun. It was strange to see how much could change in such a short amount of time. With the mushrooms being massive, the ground under hoof glowing with their steps and the chillier the forest became as the sun couldn't break through the thick canopies of the trees.

Jaylin couldn't help but roll his eyes; keep up he says as he literally jumps from tree to tree like a fucking monkey. Not all of them had extra limbs or wings to make things easier to move around. Still, he followed along behind the trail the moth would leave behind. Finding it not hard to spot the amber eyes or furry outline of Angelos as he moved about the tree tops. The further they went into the forest, the stranger things became. From massive fungi that resembled a small dog to glowing moss or ferns- the Morganar forest was definitely magically inclined. Though there had to be more than just magic behind that of the disappearances. Hopefully the lake would hold answers for them.

James was taken aback by the way the forest looked. It was like nothing he'd ever seen before. Mushrooms and moss seem unlike anything he'd seen before it was as though magic was lively in here. Though it was pretty dimly lit in this part. As though the tree branches seem to shrouded this part in dimness. Looking down he sees there foot prints were leaving a slight imprinted glow. "This place has a lot of concentrated magic." He says to Marc, and went to keep following Marc.

Angelos was leading them occasionally stopping so they caught up. He actually went much further out cause something caught his antennas and went to stop at nearby tree. Holding himself upside down and went to lick the tree sap that leaked from it. Slender tongue lapping it up as he needed an energy boost. Mostly cause he didn't finish breakfast. When they caught up he continued on there way. Before he again stopped several feet away his antennas up looking around. When small group came up under him he jumped from another branch and then to the ground. "Hold on… t'ere somet'ing up ahead. I see it moving I think." And went to try and see it. Whatever it was wasn't moving and he wasn't sure if it was an enemy. Looking around and grabbing a moss covered rock and tossed it. Then something did move but it also glowed too and it floated by. Honestly looked like fluffy dandelion only rounder. "T'ere harmless… t'ey must've sprouted during spring." Carefully he touches the seed pushing it up and it floated higher. "We call them hop dandelions. But let's keep going."

Marcus gave a small shrug at the others' words and just continued to follow along behind the group. Watching the moth at least wait for them when he got too far ahead, even getting himself a snack it seemed, and when he spoke about there being something the satyr ducked down slightly. Ears alert for a noise or anything that was on the wind, but he didn't sense anything threatening right off the bat. Then gave a small huff at it just being a danelion hopper. Those things were as harmless as he was.

"Ways to give me a heart attack there," Jaylin muttered having been prepared to fight something right off the bat. Then started to follow along with the moth once again. Before noticing some creatures running in the opposite direction; away from them. They had large horns, were taller than Marc and had dark brown fur.

The satyr shrank back at the sight of them, "Moose satyr; they're super aggressive sometimes. Espeically to other satyr," He muttered to James and his ears went back. Thought the moose just seemed to continue on getting out of the way and running away from them rather than giving them any sort of a glance.

Angelos just laughed a bit. "Oh come on you're even more skittish than the little faun boy there." He says and held onto the branch. And went to spin upside down on the branch and was obviously quite the acrobat. "If you don't bother those moose satyr they don't bother you. Or just head high up like in a tree." Telling him.

"They are certainly huge." James says to him and went to smile. "Don't worry they don't seem to want to bother us." Then went to sort of walk more on the side of Marc to sort of create a barrier for him. Knowing that it can create some sort of security.

"Hey when you don't know anything and anything could kill you; you'd be on edge too Mr. I can live in a tree at any point in time," Jaylin retorted with an eyeroll. He wasn't about to die today from any sort of creature that lived here. Climbing a tree also wouldn't be ideal for him because one; he couldn't climb to save his life, and two; climbing a tree isn't exactly his first thought at any given time. "Not all of us are acrobatic moths without a care in the world,"

Marc looked up at James and gave this soft smile, his ears perking up in a relaxed gesture. This human was so kind to him! Most creatures didn't care for him like this or even at all really. "You're not wrong, but to me everything feels like its' out to get me," It was the honest truth and he did feel better with James beside him; a protector of sorts.

"Believe me I'll tell you if something is dangerous…. maybe…." Then went to hop on another branch once they pass under him. "We are getting closer to Star Lake. Ones who live there Kapas, water lions, water sprites, and ahuízotl. We won't get much from water lions and ahuízotl, but maybe the kapas and water sprites will be willing to talk." Telling him.

"I'm sure it feels like it. You're so far smallest creature I've seen." James mused at him. "Don't worry me and Jaylin will make sure you're safe." Telling him and went smile at the other. "So tell me Marcus what do you do on normal day?" Wanting to know more about his new little friend and get to know him.

"Thats so reassuring, thank you Angelos," came the sarcastic reply from Jaylin as they continued on their way. Water Lions, Sprites, Kapas and an ahuizotl-something or other. How many creatures lived out here? Certainly had to be more than the human population combined from the sounds of it. "Aren't sprites known for talking too much to humans? So wouldn't that be a good thing to say the least?"

The satyr gave a sheepish smile, he was fairly small for a male satyr deer. Marc didn't get the chance to grow super big due to his genetics from his parents- they're also smaller and he swore they carried the dwarf gene. Both himself and his siblings were smaller, almost dwarf sized satyr rather than the traditional deer satyr stood. Then he gave a small tilt of his head when James asked about what he did during the day; what a strange question to ask. "I usually am collecting herbs, stones or other things for perfumes or to make clothing, bags and such with," he excitedly spoke with a small little hop in his step, "Or i like to people watch as well in the town; humans have always been so facinating to me,"