NEW CHARACTER: Looking for a brighter future in a dark world! (Greco Roman Mythos mixed with Fae!)

Gossip

WARNING: TOO MUCH INFORMATION
Original poster
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Invitation Status
  1. Looking for partners
Posting Speed
  1. One post per week
  2. Slow As Molasses
Online Availability
Mostly Fri-Sun, with chances of Mon-Thu appearances at around 4PM EST
Writing Levels
  1. Adept
  2. Advanced
  3. Prestige
  4. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. No Preferences
Genres
Seeking playgrounds for my dumb Bois ATM!
Hi there, I'm Gossip~

I've been an on-and-off writer of roleplaying tales of all genres for decades, but the last few years have found me fighting my lackluster muse. Tonight, I've been feeling the spark of inspiration for a new character and I'd like to nurture said spark with someone! I'm looking for a writing partner that would be able and willing to switch between adding new scenes to our characters' story while still being willing to just roll with me as I do the same so that we can have fun with whatever kind of adventure our characters would end up experiencing upon meeting each other; Of course, I'd like us to just relax and try not to take our ensuing collaborative tale too seriously!

While romance and everything else it implies is absolutely not mandatory (and is even not certain depending on how the plot ends up unfolding!), I plan to craft a pretty dark world with mature themes and occasional bouts of violence and gore, so viewers beware! Furthermore, as a thirty-two (32) years old woman, I do not feel comfortable writing with you young uns on that one, so I'll be looking strictly for a red star-aged partner. Should there be any potential triggers you may have that could be avoided, please tell me in advance so I make sure I don't go even close to triggering you, your well-being is just as much my priority as having fun and making a good tale!

Moving onwards to what I expect as far as post quality or length, I'd say I usually feel most comfortable with posts averaging between three to ten full paragraphs; That said, if the scene is faster than usual, that length would easily be reduced to a few lines, just as scenes apart could get much longer than ten paragraphs! As for the quality of the writing itself, I only ask that each post contain solid development, may it be of the overall plot, the characters, their relationships, or even some nice worldbuilding; As a caveat to that, please be proactive and feel free to tell me your ideas or even throw plot twists my way as you wish- I'll be sure to do the same~

Character-wise, I'd prefer if we both took care of secondary and background characters equally, as while a story may focus on two people, it must also have other characters to further the plot and bring life to the world, from pretty fleshed out to barely mentioned names in passing. That would also apply to worldbuilding; let's make a setting we could both be happy with. Slide into my DMs with ideas or headcanons, throw pictures, mood boards, playlists or even quick sketches my way, I would love to go down any weird rabbit hole they may lead us! :D (you can also ask to contact me on Discord if you feel it would be easier to chat there, though I'd like the rp itself to remain here on Iwaku's forum)

Finally, I would like to make a rp thread instead of just using DMs, and I'd also like to warn you that I don't want to burn myself out; unless we do a series of really quick replies, I'd like to pace my replies once every day to every other day, depending on how complicated the story becomes and how my mental health is faring at the moment; I'm currently struggling with both major depression and Borderline Personality Disorder (BPD), so my moods can get really down at time and make writing near impossible for me to do. I'd like to apologize in advance for that!

Now for the actually fun stuff!

If you've managed to read all that and made it this far without running for the hills, I think you're a champ and I appreciate you! :)

The character I want to test out this time is roughly influenced by both the Fates of Greek mythology as well as the fae of Celtic lore; Pheobian, or Pheobe depending on what gender they are currently assuming at the time, is a being resembling a Changeling of the Seelie Court and is an agent of what is called the <Bright Fate> (aka a Child of Dawn).

Their purpose is to take the place of dead or gravely sick babies or young children in exchange of them getting a chance of a healthy and happy life in the Court of Dawn, a realm of light and hope in another dimension. While the child he replaces is always bound to an unfortunate fate, the process of choosing Phoeb's next life is actually triggered by the people of the child's community (or even nation or world!) having lost all hope for a brighter future for themselves and their kin.

Sensing their despair and hopelessness, Children of the Dawn, like Pheob, are attracted to the most suitable area to inspire hope in the people that have given up on their own fate; Once a suitable child is found, the Child of the Dawn will replace them, taking on their name, their appearance and any future they could have had in the human world so that they can find a way to bring on either a revolution or be the one responsible for bringing a new Folk Hero into their own glorious destiny.

They'll grow up as a human, and pretend to be just a human and nothing more, all the while guiding their chosen world toward a new future. Once the people are liberated, empowered, or guided by a capable hero or prophet, the Child of the Dawn will quietly disappear without a trace, their purpose fulfilled and their soul being called back to the Court of Dawn. The process will repeat over and over again, in many different times and dimensions, because mortals had always longed for hope and a better life, and with that desire, the Court of Dawn maintains its power and remain as it always was: a realm of light and bright purpose.

PHOEB

As for Phoeb, they are an optimist and a dreamer by nature as well as nurture and do not actually have a true gender. They do, however, tend to identify as whatever gender feel most 'right' in each of their new lives. Their chosen body grows more and more golden-toned as they age, with their hair sometimes even taking on a faintly fiery quality depending on how much power they gained from the ambient mortals around them; they need sustenance and sleep just as much as anyone else while taking on an assumed form, but their true power shows itself the more they inspire the mortals they come to meet during each of their lives.

Should the people they are trying to inspire get optimistic enough and gain sufficient confidence in their own ability for change, Phoebe will also become able to gain power over Luck and Fate itself. On a more lukewarm reception, however, they will still prove themselves to have the gift of Gab- and have similar abilities to the Muses of ancient myths.

SETTING

I realize I may sound like I've got the whole setting figured out up there, but it's far from the truth; I'm looking for a partner, not a player to GM after all! The only think I know about the setting so far is that it would be best described as if the Greco Roman aesthetic got Grimdark. The rest needs to be discussed and roughly outlined just as much as what we may end up doing as a plot, so please do get wild with your ideas and suggestions!

PLOT HOOKS

Who would be Phoeb's companion this time? Would it be another Child of Dawn? Would it be an agent of an opposing force? Would it be a monarch or perhaps an Hero-to-be? Maybe it'd even be a mythical beast of a companion on the long journey ahead, for all I know. That's right, only you do, for now. You get to decide what character you'll play in the foreseeable future!

That's all, folks! Feel free to reply in this thread with any question or show of interest or to contact me directly via my DMs. As I said, I'm open to discussing things on Discord, even if I would insist on roleplaying here. Thank you for reading that absolute unit of a search, and have a good one!

Last edited: