oH GOD SEND HELP

rissa

the clairvoyant pterodactyl
Original poster
VENGEANCE
DONATING MEMBER
MYTHICAL MEMBER

HI, IM RIS, AND AT TIMES I CAN BE AN EXTREMELY SLOW WRITER

I just wanted to make that extremely transparent. :^)

With my #molasses-ass exposed, let's get on to some preferences n' shit.

I write with anyone I jive with. Your age / gender / etc. doesn't matter to me. What does? Your vibe and overall enjoyment of the story we're creating. Communication is important, lemme know if something does/doesn't work, especially to my fellow pantser-method enthusiasts!

I don't like infringing upon the "Canon" of Fandoms, especially when it comes to characters. I prefer to create "AU's" in which our characters exist within the world and its preexisting assumptions, but don't tread atop what's been established. Before, after, or a legitimate alternate reality, as long as we're not "touching" what's been shown I'm p gucci. I don't mind reusing important roles/plots/locations within the narrative or reconceptualizing characters that are necessary for the plot, I just don't like writing with or reading canon characters.

I'm adaptable. Posting lengths, genre, style— I do a little bit of it all. 2 to 3 paragraphs is currently my sweet spot, but I routinely write larger (and smaller) posts. Really just depends on the vibe of the night and what all's been given to me. If you're only comfortable with novella-length posts, I'm prolly not the gal for you.

I lowkey kinda hate the PM system. I can't help it and it's doing the best it can. I just forget the darn thing exists once the red notification goes away. I would much prefer to handle OOC communication on Discord (_rissa) OR a thread in RP Extras.

So, if you've made it this far, yay! I have a question for you: Are you typically a plotter or a pantser? Cause I'm a bit of both. Lately I've been hacking my perfectionism by just jumping into the actual writing and its honestly kind of exhilarating getting to know characters on the fly. Obviously not all stories and plots can handle this method, but if you're interested in roleplaying with me, be sure to let me know which type of writer you are so I can adapt my process to yours!

ON TO THE GOOD STUFF!​

APOCALYPTIC ? FALLOUT

If you like one of the following plots, just know I intend to kidnap and bring you to my subforum. :devil:

2077 (#canon)

the bombs fell. the world burned. humanity... isn't going to survive... is it? the end of the world has come. society crumbles under the weight of nuclear fallout and the failures of their governmental institutions. everyone is out for themselves. food. water. shelter. they all become scarce commodities. families are lost and then created, over and over again; factions of raiders, humanitarians, and more form, roving across the wasteland in order to survive. so many are dead, dying, committing suicide. ghouls, some sentient and some not, are already afoot. hiding. devouring. it's all we can do to survive. our characters can be anyone, maybe siblings hiding out in a homemade vault in their backyard, supplies running low as the end of the year draws near, their father having left months ago, never to return. perhaps our characters are friends, who managed to survive by lucky circumstances, or maybe they're lovers (or will be eventually) who're just trying to find a safe spot to settle down. due to the mutability of this plot, i'll prolly snag a couple people for it 👀 ✨

Stuck at School (#fanon)

this plot is wholly derived from an anime i binged in one night and cannae seem to find again; but the zombie apocalypse happened and you've found shelter, somehow, at school. this could be a high school, a university, even, or maybe a secluded prep school. regardless, the backdrop is some kind of academic facility that our characters must traverse. perhaps its time to leave, to branch out and see what the rest of the world has to uncover or perhaps we're just settling in after realizing there's no other safe spots left or maybe they're in the process of cleaning house and getting rid of all the zombies there, so a community can blossom or a family can be born.

Magical Apocalypse (#fanon)

the world is ending. or perhaps it ended long ago, due to some long forgotten reason. maybe the world is a broken down version of ours, with magical radiation that has given our characters powers. maybe magic was always there and the world is a sandy or burning hellscape, where magical abominations are steadily increasing, and our characters must find a way to push back to allow humanity to once again thrive. magical power could come at a price or it could be as easy as breathing.

Anything to Survive (#fanon / fandom: the walking dead)

sometimes u just be cravin' the classics. for me, that's "zombie mechanics" from the walking dead; the world has ended. survivors are scarce, hidden away in colonies and cults and cantons all over the world. perhaps our characters have just met, scavenging for food. perhaps they're part of a colony, just trying to piece the world back together, one day at a time, one dead walker at a time. zombies are relatively slow, sensitive to sound, and a bite turns you into one after you die.

Vault Life (#canon / #fanon)

life in a vault... isn't so bad? safe from nuclear radiation, a monotonous job, a full belly at the end of every night. all our characters have ever known is life in a vault tec vault, a second or third or fourth generation native who only have idealized versions of the outside world and taunting, terrifying nightmares of vault cave-ins and the power running low. i'd love a lowkey idealized slice of life in a vault, maybe before the power starts flickering and the higher ups call for aid. or maybe we can delve into a slice of life that gets splintered by one of vault tec's horrific social experiments and our characters try to find a way out.

(are you more character focused? peek through the character creation thread and design a character! peek the subforum ina week or so for more character-specific requests!)

PEARLS O PERSIA

If you like one of the following plots, just know I intend to kidnap and bring you to the pearls subforum :devil:

the queen's gambit

in dein, the half-pale olmur known as skaggi has crowned herself queen of the north. with a mighty band of warriors and duplicitous aid from each elder tribe, skaggi has demanded fealty from the remaining tribes, to be sworn at yaggr. whichever side you're on, for or against the half-pale queen, is up to you. as the date skaggi declared draws near a terrible storm begins to gather, blanketing the lands with a harsh, relentless, and unprecedented summer storm. some say she released the skym. others say she seduced a djinn. regardless of how the storm was summoned, what dark sorcery has befallen the north?

the "pirate" crew

a pirate king's daughter. a thrice-drowned puntling now afraid of water. an angsty, trapped djinn. a pair of twins born from a whore. character focused while still explorative, this "plot" is more focused on the journey, rather than the destination. the combining of different character types and tropes and differing personality. the relatively simple plot hooks that weave moods and attitudes and forces characters to come up with choices the others may not like and agree with. slice of life, ya know, if we were all pirates.

ORIGINAL PLOT BUNNIES

The Road Trip

aimless and free and with no where to be, our characters find themselves on the road to nowhere (hopefully). how they left their old life (even they even did) doesn't really matter, not right now at least. the rising and falling sun takes precedence, as do the adventures happening off the beaten path. our characters can be strictly best friends, best friends that become lovers, or any combination between. this is meant to be a simplistic, slice of life, wholesome story to weave, laid back with twists and turns in all the right places, where we each weave in fun narrative beats in accordance with our characters explorations. modern day (or close enough) and more than willing to throw in some urban fantasy / supernatural elements!

> Bonus Round: Wolpurgiswora

i'd prolly love you forever if we could plop this plot into my magical girl universe, which you can read about here

Word Bank of Creation

river. fairies. dust. apocalypse. tarot cards. metahumans. superpowers. vampires. werewolves. were-creatures. angels. demons. witches. medieval. ducks. mermaids. knights. dungeons. magic. autumn. moon. sun. stardust. fairytales. aliens. urban fantasy. modern. slice of life. utopic horror. ghosts. space travel. maps. underground cities. mythos. dinosaurs. ring. metal. gemstones. crystals. wands. spires. dragons. alchemy. whimsical. spirits. berserk. elves. folklore. halcyon. keepsake. lucky. monsters. necromancy. otherworldly. stars. weird. wild west. vanquish. wishes. ogres. direwolves. dragon riders. paladins.

FANDOM PLOT BUNNIES

Anime​

Jujutsu Kaisen

on american soil excessive loss of life is an everyday occurrence, for none more so than the jujutsu sorcerers who are run ragged by the overabundance of negative energy and curses that exist betwixt east and west and north and south and the corrupted heart of the country. i'd love to root around a reconceptualized world within the jujutsu kaisen universe, playing as sorcerers struggling to save the lives of strangers and their friends. american temples could be nothing and everything all at once, due to the nation's fickle whim, and american sorcerers only have two dedicated temples on each coast, despite the large swathe of empty space between the two.

Fire Force

in a different age in a different era, where shinra and the children of grace are not yet so bold, i'd love to root around in this verse and experience the visceral horror of spontaneous human combustion. how a close knit band of characters react to that reality. i'd like to pair the horror with a happy slab of humor, just as the anime does, which lures you in with a set of pearly whites right before the music drops and your transported into a nightmare of charred flesh and death by fiery combustion. i'd love to have our "main characters" and then take control of a few npcs each, to flesh out the rest of the squad and showcase or highlight the differences between them.

Shows​

Criminal Minds: Urban Fantasy Edition

stay with me now. criminal minds but urban fantasy. supernatural. with magic and vampires and werewolves oH MY. i'm on my like second or third rewatch of criminal minds right now, trying to figure out why these characters and these stories, as sporadic and goofy as they are, inevitably end up meaning so much to me. i'd love to recreate and reconceptualize the core cast of criminal minds and maybe rework one of the overarching plots as our starting guideline, with characters being a nice, healthy blend of different species and specialties. expect a hodgepodge blend of modern magic, hextech mania, and classical supernatural elements. thought reid was annoying before? well, add wizard to his long list of credentials.

THE FORBIDDEN 1 x 1 x 1 PLOT BUNNIES

D&D Be Stayin' Rent Free

i'd love to do a written-form oneshot, maaaaaybe 10-15 thread pages tops, depending on the length of posts and how quickly we get from a to b to c. ideally i'd slim down the 5e character sheet to something a bit more manageable in the written form (and easier to reference than a clunky gsheet) and hone in on the direct path once i've gotten a good grasp on the characters and players i'll be running for. the overall gist of the oneshot can be anything, so if you have a character you've been wanting to play, let me see em! if i get a couple concepts that i think would fit the vibe that i'm feelin, i'll throw up a thread in rp extras and tag interested parties

The "Apartment" Is Overrun

a soft science fantasy concept, meant to be fun and personal between a handful of characters, who somehow get stuck (in an "smart" apartment complex (or university dorm or a brand new state-of-the-art mall) that refuses to let them out due to perceived danger) its all fun and games for awhile, exploring and having fun, until weird stuff starts happening and aliens/zombies start to attack. are their weapons? a place to hide? our characters must travail a dire situation, unprepared and unasked for, with only each other to rely on.

~ See: the queen's gambit, the "pirate" crew, crim minds: urban fantasy edition, anf fire force, all of which can be reworked (easily, at that) into a small group. if you'd be interested in that, feel free to let me (and other future partners) know by postin down below!

Last edited:
still lookin' to be somebody's menace, :devil:

hey there! sorry if i'm not supposed to reply to the thread lol (i just joined this site today, so. still pretty confused ahaha) but these all sound super interesting, and i'm totally willing to be "kidnapped" by you as a rp partner!

• Love
Reactions: gumiho. and rissa
I'm interested in either the Stuck at School or The "Apartment" is Overrun.

• Love
Reactions: rissa
hey there! sorry if i'm not supposed to reply to the thread lol (i just joined this site today, so. still pretty confused ahaha) but these all sound super interesting, and i'm totally willing to be "kidnapped" by you as a rp partner!
postin here is absolutely perfect<3

yayyyyy i 'd love kidnap u to my subforum!! are any of the plots standing out to you in particular? we can absolutely edit/tweak things so it fits both our taste :heart:

stuck at school sounds like a blast!!! i actually need to edit my search thread, the "apartment" is overrun has been snagged!! any preference on where you'd like the narrative to take place? would u wanna jump right in or chat about our characters and how to place them in the world?

yayyyyy i 'd love kidnap u to my subforum!! are any of the plots standing out to you in particular? we can absolutely edit/tweak things so it fits both our taste :heart:

stuck at school sounds like a blast!!! i actually need to edit my search thread, the "apartment" is overrun has been snagged!! any preference on where you'd like the narrative to take place? would u wanna jump right in or chat about our characters and how to place them in the world?
Yay! Stuck at School was the one I was more excited about anyway. I would love to have the roleplay take place in a university because I prefer adult characters.

Also, question...do you typically prefer us each to have one character each? Keep in mind I'm kind of coming up with concepts by the seat of my pants. Like I have an idea for an agricultural student, who goes through a bit of shock at having to kill people/zombies. I also have other ideas for characters though that could be used to form a little group. Totally up to you though.

Yay! Stuck at School was the one I was more excited about anyway. I would love to have the roleplay take place in a university because I prefer adult characters.

Also, question...do you typically prefer us each to have one character each? Keep in mind I'm kind of coming up with concepts by the seat of my pants. Like I have an idea for an agricultural student, who goes through a bit of shock at having to kill people/zombies. I also have other ideas for characters though that could be used to form a little group. Totally up to you though.
like "doubling" on main characters? sure, i dont mind!!

Is that what it's called? Yeah. Just figure there is more opportunity for plots that way.

• Wicked

Is that what it's called? Yeah. Just figure there is more opportunity for plots that way.
that sounds good to me!! would you want to jump right into the story after we get some characters fleshed out or would you like to get the overarching plot figured out before we jump in?

that sounds good to me!! would you want to jump right into the story after we get some characters fleshed out or would you like to get the overarching plot figured out before we jump in?
Jump in. Plot later.

• Wicked

Jump in. Plot later.
ayyye!!! that sounds fun! hit me wit that starter in the #fanon subforum and we'll get at makin some apocalyptic magic!

Reactions: Pink Orchid

Jump in. Plot later.
ayyye!!! that sounds fun! hit me wit that starter in the #fanon subforum and we'll get at makin some apocalyptic magic!
I did it! quick question though...if I want to make an ooc/lore page for the roleplay do i put it in the main area of the board or do I put it under the fanon sub-board?

• OMG

Jump in. Plot later.
I did it! quick question though...if I want to make an ooc/lore page for the roleplay do i put it in the main area of the board or do I put it under the fanon sub-board?
in the main area!! that's where all the OOC goes :3

Hello!

I have to admit that I've been 'stalking' this interest check for a few days by now and no longer can hold back my intriguedness. I'm a medieval/fantasy lover and would thus be interested in Be stayin' Rent Free, but the big problem is that I hardly know the D&D rules (runs and searches cover quickly). Therefore I'd like to ask how deeply you had planned to follow (or not follow) the rulebook ? 🙂

• Wicked
Hello!

I have to admit that I've been 'stalking' this interest check for a few days by now and no longer can hold back my intriguedness. I'm a medieval/fantasy lover and would thus be interested in Be stayin' Rent Free, but the big problem is that I hardly know the D&D rules (runs and searches cover quickly). Therefore I'd like to ask how deeply you had planned to follow (or not follow) the rulebook ? 🙂
any rules that i'd need players to follow would be laid out n made obvious by moi!! in the campaign i run, i dip v heavy into homebrew; rule o cool and player fulfillment is what i prefer to focus on!

Reactions: Fetzen
Alright, thanks for the answer! :) I'd be very interested in this, then :D

• Love
if we got another interested party or two, i could definitely throw smth together!

Reactions: Fetzen
Heyyy could I pop a message to you on discord? I'm .wolfspear ! I'm interesting in RPing with you and maybe we could come up with something together, unless there's something you're craving! :D

• Love
Heyyy could I pop a message to you on discord? I'm .wolfspear ! I'm interesting in RPing with you and maybe we could come up with something together, unless there's something you're craving! :D
shore thang!!

We could also do some other medieval/fantasy shenanigans if you'd like to! :)

• Wicked