4. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Nonbinary
  2. Transgender
  3. Agender
  4. Primarily Prefer Male
  5. No Preferences
Genres
fantasy (of all stripes; high, low, modern, etc), post-apocalyptic, sci-fi / space opera, pretty much any "-punk" genre (steampunk, mythpunk, cyberpunk, etc.)
Toon Noir
⬤ ⭘
Wordbank
apocalyptic, neo-noir, zombie survival, dystopia, hopepunk
Story Warnings
violence, death, possible occult themes, cosmic horror, possible (cartoony) body horror (of varying degrees), creepy or disturbing imagery
⭘ ⬤
  • before i get into anything, my roleplay intro & expectations are hosted on my toyhouse, so please give that a once-over!
    • do note that there's a couple "security questions" to make sure folks actually do read 'em.
  • roleplay location can be threads or DMs, depending on your preference!
PAINTPOCALYPSE.png
This is an idea I've had brewing for a while, and finally decided to try my luck in finding some roleplay partners for it!

The setting has 1940s/50s film noir vibes, with some atompunk & dieselpunk shenanigans. Huge ToonTown: Online inspiration (in terms of overall aesthetics & this setting taking cartoon logic semi-seriously), with unintentional Epic Mickey inspo as well. (i've not played it or seen too much about it lol)

A lot of the narrative will most likely revolve around our characters' attempts at surviving this apocalypse, & how they'll possibly try to restore color to their now bleak world. Tone would be decently dark, with the characters striving to make things better or die trying.

When it comes to the characters themselves, there won't be too many limits on a toon's appearance.
The only real "requirement" is that toons will always be silly cartoon animals / anthros, since this takes heavy inspiration from ToonTown: Online. Toons can be biped (on two legs) or quad (on four legs), and still able to function within the setting. other than that, go absolutely ham!

Additionally, open species & "fandom" species, like Neopets, would be allowed!​

If any of this & the below summary catches your interest, shoot me a DM or leave a comment!

I've also got a couple of worldbuilding questions for interested partners, since i could never fully decide on them myself :P
  • What would you want the toons' world to be like before the apocalypse?
  • Would you want it to be comprised purely of toons, have them be part of human society in some way, or something else?

🖋️🎨

There's a "color draining" plague sweeping the toons' world; It drains the infected of all personality & paint/ink/color, turning them into husks of their former selves.

Those afflicted hunger for their lost color, and hunt down anything that's not already black and white. Monochromatic toons are less affected, or unaffected entirely if they're lucky, but sparkletoons are extra susceptible.

No one is fully sure where this virus originated, but more pressingly, no one is sure how to stop it from spreading further.​

Last edited:
still searching for partners! i'm really craving this concept in particular :3c

Hey!!! I love this idea, I'm a huge fan of Epic Mickey and I've just recently got into ToonTown Rewritten, so I'm totally up for this!! I love horror and gore so there's a quick warning for you (I will probably turn everything angsty in a heartbeat lmao),, I don't have any particular characters to use in mind?? Like here's all my guys,, MapalSyrup on Toyhouse but I guess I only have like a few in mind?? if that makes any sense--- Hades on Toyhouse (he would be a horse toon, he's reluctant to survive and is constantly dreary and trusts basically no one),, most of these guys would probably be a half-zombie toon, level of survival skills depends per character MapalSyrup on Toyhouse (all cats, other than a couple unicorns and bunnies and one fox (most characters aren't listed yet sorry ;;), maybe Charlie's like a animatronic toon (see Epic Mickey)?), or ofc I'm always up for torturing Megan on Toyhouse so (frog, not many ideas for this tho) ...so sorry if my ramblings don't make sense just ask me to clarify ;; ((also unrelated, love your tagline personally as an Eevee with access to a computer; should I answer the RP security questions btw? cuz ig the answer would be cats (my cat in particular, she's a fluffy tortoiseshell that probably has some maine coon in her and I love her to pieces)))

• Love
Reactions: tapedeck
Hey!!! I love this idea, I'm a huge fan of Epic Mickey and I've just recently got into ToonTown Rewritten, so I'm totally up for this!! I love horror and gore so there's a quick warning for you (I will probably turn everything angsty in a heartbeat lmao),, I don't have any particular characters to use in mind?? Like here's all my guys,, MapalSyrup on Toyhouse but I guess I only have like a few in mind?? if that makes any sense--- Hades on Toyhouse (he would be a horse toon, he's reluctant to survive and is constantly dreary and trusts basically no one),, most of these guys would probably be a half-zombie toon, level of survival skills depends per character MapalSyrup on Toyhouse (all cats, other than a couple unicorns and bunnies and one fox (most characters aren't listed yet sorry ;;), maybe Charlie's like a animatronic toon (see Epic Mickey)?), or ofc I'm always up for torturing Megan on Toyhouse so (frog, not many ideas for this tho) ...so sorry if my ramblings don't make sense just ask me to clarify ;; ((also unrelated, love your tagline personally as an Eevee with access to a computer; should I answer the RP security questions btw? cuz ig the answer would be cats (my cat in particular, she's a fluffy tortoiseshell that probably has some maine coon in her and I love her to pieces)))
aSDFGHJ i didn't get a notification for this, my b on the later response :'D

but yEAAHHH hihello !!! honestly, bring it On it's been a while since i had any really angsty stories >:]
i honestly don't have anyone in mind either, but i'd love to make some new guys! Drew, Hades, Megan, and Clara all really caught my eye, as a place to start~
also you're good, i get rambly as well so i get cha <3 likewise tho if i go off on a tangent/character rant & details start getting foggy LOL
(hehehehehe shaking your paw <3<3 also yea, if you wish! they're mainly there to provide a little opener & casual get-to-know-you thing, as well as a way to ensure interested folks actually read through everything lol also OOHH your kitty sounds so cutteee ;w; i have a tortie as well, only she's Small & A Brat, but she's my brat <3)

any rate! would you wanna brainstorm stuff via DMs, a new thread, or here? :0

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE YAYYY!!!! I don't mind, brainstorming wherever is cool

Reactions: tapedeck