• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
resize_Lilith.png

PFC- Lilith Hawthorne

Lilith's amber eyes flicked toward her groups second in command when he stepped in front of her. She listened, though she was sure her face showed just how uninterested she was. Seriously, Family? Yeah, no thanks. Lilith would pass on all of that. She never need family and Lilith would be damned if she needed one now cause he told her to. Lilith had been content with respectfully ignoring Kazuko's little lecture and it was going well till he mentioned her previous team. Her amber eyes narrowed slightly at the man. She didn't say anything but her hands were now clenched.

* He sure told you, my little Lily.*
Levi said mockingly as he appeared behind Kazuko. Lilith was able to hold back the flinch that wanted to creep through her from Levi's pet name for her. Though she couldn't help her eyes flicking over Kazuko's shoulder before they quickly focused back on him. Once she deemed that the Lieutenant's lecture was over Lilith turned away and focused her attention on the briefing that was starting.

Lilith listened intently as they were briefed on the situation and details of their mission. Search and Rescue...the statistics of survivors after two days were severely low. Add in the factor of nobles being present and Lilith was seeing this as a retrieval and confirmation of casualties mission instead. It didn't matter though, a mission was a mission. When they were dismissed, Lilith noticed the familiar female standing next to her. She nodded in greeting to Makoto before she left to get ready.

Lilith approached the departing vehicles calmly, even though once again she was the last to arrive. Without a word to anyone Lilith climbed into the back of the vehicle that her team would be traveling in. She looked around, assessing the best spot for her to set up her weapon. If she took watch from one of the windows it would leave her back open for attack. Lilith's eyes then fell on the roof hole where an unmounted gun mount was. The smallest of smiled crossed her face as she made her way towards it. Yes, this would work just fine. Lilith unclasped her rifle from her back and placed it into the mount.

*Is that genuine excitement i'm sensing from you Lily?* Lilith ignored Levi as she checked over her rifle quietly. *You're pretty exposed though? Aren't you worried?* Lilith smirked at Levi's last questioned. "Being worried would imply that we're not capable. Are your powers lacking Levi?" She questioned lowly, though Levi's only response was his laughter before the rifle took on an eerie glow.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Shayla and Dante

Kazuko and Atsuya

Kazuko felt a rage unlike any before. He knew more than what was revealed about this. He knew things his brother refused to even consider to believe. As the details were read out and the recording was played he could almost hear the under workings of what truly had been the cause of this disaster. Such a squad should not have been sent out to that location...and if they were the area would have been heavily scouted before than. No. While Kazuko did not trust or enjoy many of the high command, the Lieutenant refused to believe in their lack of strategic intelligence. That is what made their army what it was in this dying world. Otherwise the vampires would have finished their resistance long ago.

Meeting his brother's gaze for only a moment before he turned and passed his Squad Leader. Looking past her with a shadow and withheld nature to his gaze. "I trust you do not need me to get our team prepared at the vehicles. I will be ready before we dispatch and bring back the last of our equipment" Kazuko said taking one last look to his team members before withdrawing from the area.

Moments Later

Kazuko looked at his now wet face in the mirror as he held over his sink. *Those damn Hiragis....* Hakuro said with a seemingly sympathetic sigh from behind him. *They really have no care for their men do they. Seems a bit too careless...almost like what happened to us....to me...* the Demon said before giving a chuckle as well as held a gleam to his gaze that Kazuko knew all to well.

"You are hiding something from me Hakuro." He said darkly with the conflicted emotional mix his demon thrived off of as the crimson blade held firm in the officer's grasp before slowly placing the blade back into its sheath. *Always the observant one my friend. Perhaps I do. The Hiragi's hide plenty for my eyes to find while yours are stuck...elsewhere.* He said patting Kazuko on the shoulder who immediately turned and slammed his fist into a wall as his demon no longer stood there. The wall cracked and damaged from his punch but nothing alarming. *Why can't you just say the truth. See it how it is. They are using you like cattle and this trap is to put you into check and submission. Show you...how you need to behave. Now forget all of that. Let's go have some fun.*

Minutes later Kazuko would stand at the EDR, or Enhancement Drug Repository. Providing the paperwork to gather the drugs needed for their mission. Sliding the documents into the trading slot where the attendant took the documents and gauged how much to give and to record for what individuals were to receive them. The female was an officer. A Captain. Someone with enough security clearance to be trusted with such work. She looked over the documents and looked up to Kazuko only for a moment as he stood waiting and held his arms crossed against his chest.

"Lieutenant. Here is your team's E.D.'s If you will just give me a moment" She said slipping him four containers labeled with every name of his team except his own. That was odd but he continued to wait as the Captain stood and went back to a different area before quickly returning to him with an identical container of pills with his name. The process was odd but nothing worthy of note but as he looked to the exit Hakuro chuckled once again only this time not saying a word. Kazuko was about to ask what the hell he was laughing and snickering about before Hakuro's pointed ear twitched a bit. *Your brother is here...* He said turning away as he melted into blue and black smoke as the doors themselves opened revealing the Lieutenant Colonel Himself.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Atsuya looked to his brother after they had returned outside with a pleading sense of need as well as an obvious struggle to keep a lid on his own emotions. "Ka..Lieutenant." He said quickly correcting himself with a cough into his gloved palm. "We have a mission to do. But...we both know there is more at stake here. We will both make sure Mischa makes it back. After that....maybe you and I..." He said before Kazuko cut his brother off with a raise of his hand. "We will. Anything else.....we can discuss later. For now our focus will go to her and the others who are in danger. But you need to seriously consider what I have spoken to you Colonel before you no longer have time to regret it" His brother said before marching off on his own. Atsuya almost smiled as when they were younger Kazuko was always so lighthearted and carefree while he was the strict always serious individual. Their roles seemed to have swapped and changed so much since then. But Kazuko had a point. This needed all of their focus and then they could go another round or two trying to drive some sense into the other.

[fieldbox="GM POST, red, solid"]Itsurei had listened closely to the briefing as her own features came to darken at the image of Mischa herself and several of her own friends crossing the screen as her fists clenched tighter to her side in the frustration of knowing there had been no way to stop what had occured. Labana spoke with guided knowing to what they needed to do and the direction that would need to be taken in order to stand the chance of saving those who had been ensnared in the clutches of the Vampires. It all soon dwindled to an end as she knew undoubtedly of the look that probably currently held to that of Kazuko's look as her paled expression found his and softened in sad remark between both Atsuya and his shared look of knowing that one person they held more dear than anything…Their life depended on how this mission would be handled and just how strongly they would be able to fight. Quickly , Kazuko came to ease out of the room before she could even dare to stop his immediate exit from her sight. With a low toned sigh escaping Itsurei's lips , she soon felt Labana's hand frame to her shoulder with a sympathetic look to match as she spoke."You and I both know how hard headed they are over that woman and the lengths they will go in their own way to help her. Just keep an eye on him , Will you?" She asked to all but recieve a nod from Itsurei as she headed out the door and made her way towards the Hummer's reving to life as her skirts breezed against her form as she pressed her hand to his shoulder and simply gave him a knowing look only to feel her hand tighten at his shirt as the voices began to echo within her head.

"Ready to play these fun games today , Little Sister..?The first voice of a female lightly taunted only to be greeted next by that of a menacing male one."Now.. Now… Maybe you'll be able to watch this team die just like the last one. Would certainly became a known talent of yours to all." They both laughed as she growled lowly and closed her eyes briefly as she drowned them out and mouthed ready to go? Only than did Labana walk out and with nimble ease step up onto several pieces of equipment to give direction.

"Alright , Listen Up! When you hear your name , that is the group your to follow and to depart to that vehicle. Keep an eye on your surroundings and keep communication sound and going. Vehicle one will include myself and Arashi with Kazuko , Itsurei and Hector. Vehicle two will consist of Atsuya , Ray , Isien , Tsubaki and Lilith. Load up and Shut up , Kiddos." She quipped with a light hearted grin to her lips as she clapped her hand solidly across Kazuko and Atsuya's backs as she began to load up as Itsurei clicked the passenger door open and slid in.

Their enhancement drugs already passed out and only waited on arrival to combat or order to be used the teams were ready to face the dangers ahead. Kazuko sat in the passenger seat of his vehicle not saying a word as his arms were crossed and his gaze was focused but….lacked the defiant fire that was expected of him. Instead holding something else unable to be deciphered as he simply looked to the road ahead with his enchanted gear bow sat on the dashboard. The teams held a decent amount of distance between them as was normal procedure.

Atsuya in his vehicle gave a relaxed sense of calm but it was easy to sense from those closer to him the stress upon his mind. The mother of his children as well as fellow company members were at stake but there was also a crucial opportunity if they could somehow receive all the luck in the world to rescue them all and kill every one of the three expected nobles. "You two." He said over his shoulder to Lilith and Tsubaki. One sitting in the back seat with her gunblades whilst the other stood out of the roof hole of the vehicle with her weapon at the ready. "I am sure you both are confident about what is to come. Good. You deserve to be that way. While this is your first mission I wanted your team to experience something far more difficult than you expect to understand the standards I hold to you and your commanders. But with that in mind...I hold a certain degree of trust in your capabilities for a high class mission like this. So...kick some ass and try not to die without making a dent in their forces. You might disappoint me" He said with a smirk.

The vehicles would head up further until the sunken area of the city expecting to hold the vampire den appeared to their left up ahead.Their comrades or what looked like most of them were portrayed on crosses and unconscious and bloodied...but alive. Mischa and two others not among them. They simply needed to cross the bride so they then walk down the declining land on foot. The second vehicle stopped of course as the first containing Kazuko's vehicle went forward steadily. The teams getting on alert while being within a mile or two distance from the target. After the first passed Kazuko radioed in for the second to advance. That when they all heard the voice of Lilith call out something followed by a earthshaking noise. The crumbling of stone and the bending of metal as one of the large standing structures to their right was crumbling down towards them. Immediately the vehicle that crossed drove quickly ahead while Atsuya's pulled back into reverse. "Well...kinda knew we would be walking into a trap." Atsuya said with a shrug before the building slammed down and the teams realized what had happened. Collapsing over the bridge and cutting the vehicles off from one another. Quickly the members of the teams would exit their vehicle and assume defensive positions.

Lucien smirked looking down over them all alongside Satia and Venn as he rubbed his hand from the impact of his single punch to the now collapsed building. "My my….Your plans seem to always come to fruition Satia dear…" He spoke with a grin. "The men the Queen sent me are of no use to me. I am not the commanding type. So they are all yours." He said as Satia's forces started to gather in a form of circular perimeter around one of the teams while Lucien's started approaching the other team. "Let them cut down the weaklings. You take the group over there and you can leave the other to the ladies and I…" He said with eager anticipation before jumping down from their elevated position but still away from the battle. Waiting for the cattle to be fleshed out and the true fun for him to begin.

Venn groaned but was relieved nonetheless Satia's plan was working well. "I expected them to send more so I was slightly concerned...but two teams? They really are just being the foolish livestock they deny themselves to be." Venn , the third noble said. More of an officer sort of character but one rarely to get his own hands dirty.
[/fieldbox]​

Tyki.Mikk.full.448947.jpg

PFC - HECTOR SUZUMA​

Hector was placed in the first vehicle with Labana, Kazuko, Arashi and last, but not least Itsurei. He wasn't dissatisfied with his team, having his CO on his team was a little reassuring, but if her patronizing continued he might start to dislike her. They were soldiers and far from being children at that. Maybe Hector's just being too serious, but all he wanted was to be respected and taken seriously. He looks over the other vehicle where the other members of Talon were sitting, seems they were going to be split up and work with the veterans today, should be educational then.

Hector was in the back of the vehicle behind Kazuko. He had his elbow on the car door and his cheek in his palm. He had received his E.D.'s, the drug that probably saved many lives. He did wonder what prolonged use of the drug did the human body. He hoped it at the least reduce his manhood in any way or just as bad damage his brain or any other integral organ. "You gotta wonder, what the hell is really in these E.D.'s of ours?" He thought to himself. He knew he shouldn't take them back to back, that's for sure. After the mission, he would read up on the know side effects of the drug.

---
When they near their destination which was the vampire den, they were greeted by their bloodied comrades strung up on crosses like Roman criminals or 'prophets' in one case. "I thought these leeches hated the cross, guess that that was a load of hogwash then." He commented as they advanced along the road. He wasn't too disturbed by what he saw, only angry that these leeches would disgrace them in such a way. He was also a little insulted, was this their idea of intimidation? What a poor job they did at it. They then felt a sudden tremor in the ground as a building collapsed and fell apart, causing the two teams to be separated. This was unexpected, but shouldn't be a surprise to anyone one, besides the naive that is. He hopped out the vehicle along with the rest of his team, spear already in hand and ready to kill whoever or whatever collapsed the building. "Mierda!" he shouted. "How the hell did they even manage to fall an entire building? They didn't even use charges, I heard no explosion of any sort."

Hector noticed they were being surrounded from all sides by the enemy, but it was already too late for them. The enemy before them were common vampire soldiers, nobodies really as far as Hector was concerned. Still, Hector knew to acknowledge them as actual threats, he was still a human and lack the speed or physical strength they possessed. He reached for his sidearm and pulled Padre from its holster. "Okay, so which one of you cowards want to die first? I'll fight fair, I don't need any tricks to kill you peons." This was just Hector boasting, he would any and every trick to them. All thing fair in the midst of war right? plus he had his team to back him up, this should be over in a quickly if they work together.

Reactions: Dante
Losin' Time
Arashi Makoto

-x-

Makoto straightened up in surprise at the group she was given. She kept her words to herself however, taking back her gear so that it could be moved to the new vehicle. The enhancement drugs found their place in a pocket and her eyes restlessly roamed the others in her group. Stress at having almost no one familiar with her fighting style and vice versa joined the worry that something would happen to her group while they faced the vampires ahead.

Unusually silent, she stared and the window and tried hard to ignore the laughter in her ear. This, Kamiko hissed in her ear. This is such a treat. Is something wrong, Makoto? The demon let out a delighted snicker, fading back out.

At least no one else is able to see her. It was a cold comfort, especially in the light of the crosses holding their comrades. She could just see that they were alive... and missing three. She ignored the comment PFC Suzuma made and kept her gaze trained on what surroundings could see. Her hand wandered to where one of her tessen lay, grip tightening on it as they crossed and the building collapsed behind them.

Between you, Kamiko added pleasantly.

"Most likely kicked down, punched, or otherwise hit,"
she responded to the exclamation at her side, already opening her tessen. Makoto stepped out of the car with her weapon covering the bottom half of her face. Her right hand kept the other tessen easy at her side. Don't get cocky! she wanted to shout. However, she kept silent as she eyed the vampires approaching. She knew nothing about the new private and had no first hand experience with any of the other three.

With a grim twist of her mouth, Makoto decided, To hell with it. "Anyone have a plan?" The forced cheer in her voice was obvious. "Or are we going to just do whatever we feel necessary?"

resize_Lilith.png

PFC- Lilith Hawthorne

Lilith didn't mind being teamed with most of Viper members. Surely they were capable of handling their selves and keeping the annoyingly hyper Tsubaki with them. Of course she would most likely have to provide cover every once in awhile. But other then that Lilith wished to be left alone to focus on the elimination of the vampires that were unlucky enough to cross her sight.
Lilith was brought out of her inner musings when Atsuya addressed her and Tsubaki. Not feeling the need to respond to the LC, Lilith went back to focusing on their surroundings. It was quiet...too quiet. Within the few moments let her attention slip to Atsuya the sound of wildlife had disappeared. Not a single bird or insect could be heard. It wasn't something most would pick up on. But to Lilith it was earplugs had been suddenly shoved in her ears.

"Levi"

Lilith called as her amber eyes darted around to take in the surrounding area. "An animals survival instincts are so fascinating. The smallest creature can tell when the danger of predators are nearby. They're even smart enough to hightail it in the farthest direction. Yet humans will willing walk into the lions den on their own accord. Hmm, that really says something about your species." Levi stated as he materialized on the roof of the vehicle. Lilith held back the urge to roll her eyes at the demon. She knew he would simply spout whatever nonsense he felt necessary at the moment. Levi wasn't one to truly help her until a battle began.

Lilith had been about to looked away from Levi when she saw something shift behind him in the distance. Her amber eyes narrowed, the structure to their right shifted slightly before cracks erupted throughout it.
"Watch out! Incoming 3 0'clock!" Lilith called out in warning as the structure started to crumble. Grabbing her riffle Lilith ducked back into the Humvee to protect herself from the debris. Once everything settled Lilith climb out of the vehicle with the rest of her group. Gripping her riffle, Lilith waited for the dust caused by the debris to clear.

Levi let out a low whistle once the surrounding vampires were visible. "This should be fun."
"Going off the vast amount of them I would say these are nothing but foot soldiers. The Nobles are most likely somewhere watching." Lilith sated as she prepared herself, she had a pretty good idea how this situation would go. The first wave would most likely be that of reckless brute force. The lower vampires rushing in, their only purpose to do as much damage as possible before the nobles stepped. Which meant Lilith's counter would be to take as many of the lower vampires out before the nobles showed themselves. Nobles were difficult on their own, the last thing they need was an army of lower class to help them.

"I hope you're all ready."

Lilith said to the rest of her group just as some of the vampires started to advance on them. In a swift motion, Lilith's riffle was up and trained on the small group that was advancing. Bang, Bang, Bang. Three quick shots rang out. The first two hitting their targets perfectly while the last hit one in the shoulder. With her element of surprise gone, she could feel a large amount of eyes trained on her. Her riffle would allow her to pick off as many as she could before they got to close. But the bloodsucker were fast and knew to try to avoid her now. The two fallen also seemed to stir the others into action as well.

Lilith fired in the approaching tidal wave of vampires. Hitting some, grazing others or even plain out missing. But it wasn't long before she was crouched behind one of the Humvee doors reloading her riffle. Standing back up, Lilith fired out of the now busted Humvee window.
"Hyper girl's 6." Levi said right before Lilith landed two chest shots on the vampire coming up behind Tsubaki. Distracted, Lilith hadn't noticed her own incoming vampire. "You're slacking Lily" Levi drawled out. Lilith jumped backwards sliding into the backseat of the Humvee. "I got this" She stated smugly before her riffle started to glow.

A smirk spreading across her face as she felt Levi's powers start to radiate. Just as the vampire was reached the doorway, Lilith watched as the beast movement suddenly turned to slow-mo. "Gotcha" She muttered before blasting the vampire right in the face. Levi's minor ability didn't only heightened Lilith's visual senses but also allowed her to temporarily alter her time perception for short amount of time. Sliding out of the backseat, Lilith once again reclaimed her cover behind the door. "Anyone have something that can do a large burst of damage?!" Lilith called out. This was taking to long, if they wanted to stand a chance against the nobles they need to wipe out these lower vampires as soon as possible.

• Love
33e07179326bbff3393fbd9f024ff184.png

As Tsubaki was given orders to move into one of two cars, Tsubaki got a bad feeling about this. Although they were two different squads, one was far less experienced than the other. In this case, especially because it was their first battle, Tsubaki almost called out her frustration with how this was being carried out. She wanted to see how her experienced comrades fought. She wanted to see what they'd do the vampires which tried to rain down hell on them. She wanted to see the blood splatter and cultivate on the ground, making the ground a red shade of brown.

Tsubaki blinked as the blades of her guns began to bore her now. She slid them back into her holsters for the time being. Now was not the time to be playing around. Although she was certainly looking forward to this opportunity, she was not going to go in blindly and expect to win. You fight to win, but you plan to lose.

As Tsubaki's team was about to get into the car, she was given a speech alongside Lilith. Tsubaki's lips turned up as she nodded. She was being trusted in this instance. She had worked to be here and she wasn't about to let that be for naught. However, her inexperience in battle might shine through. She couldn't let down her commanders and be killed at least. If she didn't die, that would be proof enough that she was capable enough for handling these high class missions.

Tsubaki packed into the car, heading to the back and pulling out her gunblades once again. However, she was not playing with them this time around. She was doing a routine check on her gun to make sure it was functioning properly, she sharpened her knife with a small piece of metal that she kept in a side pocket of one of her holsters. She examined the knives and the guns with perfect accuracy and complete concentration. In this case, she would've been an absolutely awful lookout. Thankfully, Lilith took on that role in this instance. Tsubaki took it upon her to note that once she finished her concentrated adjustments. And she was able to finish them, however it was not long before something unexpected happened.

Tsubaki's original fear had come to fruition. Tsubaki scoffed as the building collapsed. "Damn, I knew this was going to happen. Well... At least we'll get complimented if we come out of this alive." Tsubaki's gunblades immediately pointed up towards the oncoming enemies. This was definitely a strategic move done by the vampiric nobles. Tsubaki frowned as Lilith asked if anyone had something that could do a large amount of damage. "Not me. My powers are meant for reconnaissance and stealth kills." Tsubaki suddenly felt the presence of her demon weapon as soon as she finished speaking. "Ah yes, what help you are in these situations." Tsubaki, in her mind, scoffed at Jinkril.

Tsubaki peeped her head out of the hole of the top of the vehicle. "We just have to drive through. With you and I, I think we could clear enough of the vampires to get us to safer ground. There's at least three of us who can at least try to clear vampires. If we can't clear these, then we don't deserve to live anyway. Once we are clear of these waves, I can concentrate on wiping out small groups... But this also isn't my call to make."

• Love
Status
Not open for further replies.