• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
"Oi, I can handle my alcohol. My parents own a vineyard, they make their own wine for our community. It isn't my fault that they make it really strong. I drank, like, half the bottle-- why? Do you want to come to my room and drink the rest with me~?" The vampire purred, wasting little time in turning that flirtation back on at the nearest chance. He had, just seconds ago, decided to let the idea go of flirting with Rene... but seeing the other monster act so cutely was hardly easy to ignore.

"I promise I won't try to kiss you, cross my heart," he continued with a hand placed on his chest. "It'll be fun. It could reinstate our friendship, hm? Because I want to be mates with you again. We get on great, it'd be a shame to let my... attitude ruin us, right?"

"Mhm. I want to be mates with you, too, and I think that would be a good apology," he agreed as he offered a slow smile. Rene wasn't a boozehound and more often than not didn't like the taste, but a nice glass of wine by a fireplace was his ideal way to spend a day... that, with a cute guy to snuggle up against.

"Just because your papa has a vineyard doesn't mean you aren't a lightweight, Brennan," he reminded as he skillfully hopped down from his bed before stretching his legs. "I mean, half a bottle? Really ? I thought you were better than that..."

"I'm a lightweight, sue me. It's something you can tease me about, so don't be all disappointed in me. I'm pretty much perfect in every other department, after all," he shrugged, tugging his shoes back on lazily. He didn't want to move from the bed, but the idea of drinking with Rene and possibly mending some of the cracks in their friendship was too good an opportunity to pass up... especially if it involved some strong wine.

"It's just going to be us, right? You aren't going to invite your merman friend to snuggle with and piss me off, are you? I'm emotional, I don't want to break into tears at seeing you with your arms wrapped around him."

"No, just you and me," he replied as he pulled on some slippers himself. While he often went barefoot because of his paws, the academy could be notoriously cold at night during snowstorms. It wasn't something he had to do - hell, he lived in literally the coldest place on earth and still didn't wear shoes - but it was a luxury he liked to take part of as often as possible.

"That is, unless you'd like to invite Sylvan? I don't want him to be jealous, you know how he gets. We're already on the rocks as is, I highly doubt he'll be happy to know I shared some wine with you," he reminded before tugging on his fluffy robe for extra measure.

Reactions: potassiumboron
"Why does he need to find out? I don't want him interrupting us-- who knows what we'll end up doing? Maybe we'll cuddle?" The vampire hummed, his eyes glittering in amusement. He might be drunk, but he was at least a relatively happy one. There was a chance of them having an enjoyable hour or so because of it. If he could transfer that behaviour to when he was sober, there was a chance of an actual friendship being restored and, fortunately, he recognised that.

"Nah, just us," he confirmed as he lowered his voice once out in the corridor, making the way along it to his room. "That's for the best. Sylvan's nice and all, but I'd rather spend time with you-- that sounds terrible, but it's true. I'm not going to lie to spare anyone's feelings."

"Maybe you should," he offered as he silently moved along the halls. One of his many skills was how quiet he could be, making him a good predator in nature. Instead, he often did it to spook others by appearing behind them. Nervously looking for any sign of staff, he smile wide when they successfully arrived back at Brennan's dorm.

Once inside, he flopped down on Brennan's bed and held out his hand for the glass of wine expectantly. "It better be good or I'll be disappointed in you,,hm?"

"I think it's good," he slurred in reply, a small smile appearing as he rooted around at his desk before finally managing to grab the half-empty bottle of wine. Despite his shift in personality, his room appeared as it always had done. It was decorated with various goofy posters and his own sketches, and the decor was still bright and neutral. It was far from how Sylvan presumed it to be. With Brennan as cold and dark as he was, he expected the room to reflect that. Instead, Brennan had no intention changing his dorm when this still reflected a large part of him.

"My parents make it, so don't be too judgemental. They make a fortune, so it's got to be good," he shrugged, handing the bottle over and nudging him to take as much as he wanted. "...If you don't like it, you can tell them when they come for that community meeting. I'm sure they'd love advice off a teenager centuries younger than them."

"Maybe people are just stupid," he countered easily before taking a sip, mocking the other rich and pompous adults enjoyed their own glasses of wine. Teasingly sloshing it around his mouth in feigned curiosity, he swallowed the sip and set the glass down carefully.

"Zakhvatyvayushchiy, amazing mouth feel," he commented with a hum. "Has strong legs and... am I tasting hints of elderberry and cinnamon? I kid, it tastes like alcohol," Rene teased with a smile before taking another sip, going much slower than the other just in fear of looking like an idiot like the other.

"You like it? It's a family thing. My parents are mostly only motivated when it comes to making money. I mean, they're both from money anyway, but they're entrepreneurial, at least. They make their own money. Hey, monsters still want to get drunk, right? We shouldn't miss out just because a lot of us can't enter human society," the other slurred, reaching for the bottle to take a more hefty swig from it. This was his only chance until Christmas break came around for him to get drunk, and he wasn't going to do it half-heartedly. If he was getting wasted, he was going to go into it full force - especially with Rene beside him.

"Am I getting more attractive to you the more you drink of that stuff? Like, the more you drink, are you more likely to kiss me then?" He purred, laying onto his bed with a wink over at the fellow monster. "...I'm not opposed to making out with you."

"You've always been handsome, Brennan, no one is denying that," he replied with a simple, casual shrug. Despite his casualness, the monster still had a faint blush rise to his cheeks. "Even now, after your whole big transformation and whatnot. If it weren't for the fact that it would break Percy and Sylvan's heart, I would be more than happy to make out with you."

Taking another sip from the bottle, he decided to lean back on the bed and close his eyes. There was still an inkling of a crush for the man and he was being honest. In fact, if it weren't for their circumstances, Rene would have no problem just having a hardcore makeout session - and hopefully even more than that. He had morals, though.

"Okay, you've been dating the merman for a day. If he gets heartbroken, it'd be creepy. Sylvan hasn't been dating me long either, so if he's heartbroken, I'd find it weird. Disappointed and hurt? Sure, that's fair. Heartbroken would be creepy," he shrugged, his hands resting over his eyes once the heaviness started to kick in. It was from exhaustion and tiredness, but he didn't really want to sleep. Not when he felt he was close to getting a kiss from Rene.

"You're blushing," he pointed out smugly, pulling his hands away to observe the colour. "...Totally blushing. It's cute. Is it because I'm embarrassing you, or because you realise I'm still pretty adorable? I told you, I can work on my behaviour, I haven't got a problem trying to improve myself if that's what's holding you back, dude."

"It's a little bit of both," he admitted honestly before glancing over, his cheeks only growing more purple once being called out. Covering his own eyes sheepishly, he eventually moved to offer a kiss - albeit a quick and light one.

"Here, happy? Now relax, yeah?" He grumbled quietly before moving away, yawning loudly. The alcohol was only making him more tired than he already was. "I'm going to have to get back to my room or everyone will think we did something."

"Think we did something? We did do something, silly. We kissed. However quick and gentle it was, you still kissed me. I can't believe you kissed me, it's really rather scandalous. If this got out, the school would erupt with gossip, especially as you're technically in a relationship-- relax, my lips are sealed. I don't kiss and tell-- I don't usually fucking kiss people. You were my first when we first started fooling around. It's literally just you and Sylvan," he shrugged to himself, not feeling any need to be embarrassed by his lack of kissing experience. He was perfectly happy with kissing who he liked, and not wasting a good kiss on someone he wasn't serious about. If that meant he rarely kissed anyone, so be it.

Despite his teasing, he did wave his hand to let the other know he could slip away, having already slid under the covers to get some shut-eye before classes in the morning. Hungover and running on 4 hours sleep wasn't the best combination, but skipping class wasn't an option. He could miss breakfast -given he didn't really eat anyway- but skipping class was a big no-no. The last time he did, his father was informed and he received the biggest row of his life. Dealing with his father's anger was easily the worst thing imaginable to Brennan, so avoiding that was obviously a wise decision.

Even though he didn't need to eat, he still showed up in the dining hall, sliding into a seat opposite Rene and Percival. He normally would have acted a little cocky with Rene given their kiss just hours prior, but he wasn't really in the mood to do so. With dark rings under his eyes, his skin paler than normal and his hair still messy from rolling out of bed, he was too much of a mess to care about teasing Rene at the moment. That said, he did offer the two a lazy grin as he poured out blood from a container into a glass; a sight that made Percy feel queasy.

"...You two are friends again, then," the human began cautiously, frowning at Brennan. "...I don't think you should punch people, and I don't think Rene should have forgiven you--"

"Well, he has, so it's over. Quit dragging up the past, man," he yawned back at him, rolling his eyes tiredly. "...Sylvan will be down in a minute, he's fixing his makeup or whatever. He's got to look 'perfect'. I think he looks perfect without all that, but it's his thing, y'know?"

"I talked with him like proper adults and we sorted the whole thing out," he explained quietly to Percival with a smile as one hand focused on his cereal and the other held the human's hand tight in his. He felt guilty, admittedly, though he wasn't going to spew the truth.

As for his own state, Rene had managed to fix himself up pretty well. Sneaking out before everyone woke up, he managed to take a shower and look nice. Wine didn't give him hangovers very often and, since he barely had anything to drink, he was relatively okay. He was tired, especially since his kind needed at least 11 hours of sleep regularly, but he didn't net that exhaustion show outside the occasional yawns.

"I still have to talk to Sylvan about everything. He isn't getting off Scott free, he didn't defend me when Brennan punched me," he reminded before taking in Brennan's slightly crooked and still a bit purple nose.

"What was he supposed to do, exactly? Your boyfriend hardly jumped in to help at the time, did he? I think you should just blame me. Sylvan wasn't exactly supportive of me punching you, it wasn't a premeditated thing. Don't go too hard on him," sighed Brennan to himself, his lips pulled into a frown at the idea of another argument possibly being created over something he didn't even think was a huge problem. Sure, Sylvan should have intervened, but in his eyes, Percy hadn't done anything to help either, and yet he was having his hand clasped lovingly by Rene. He could have emphasised that point further, but instead he (wisely) chose to sit back and stay quiet, at least until Sylvan made an appearance.

"...You look awful. Really dreadful," the drider tutted easily, moving to his bag to find something to cover up Brennan's dark eyes. He wouldn't have bothered normally, but he didn't want to talk to the others sitting opposite, and this at least served as a good distraction. Though, with Brennan's unsubtle nudges, he sighed and turned his eyes to Rene. "I'm sorry, alright? You won't be getting another apology, so be happy I had the energy to give you that one. You said horrid things to me too, I don't hear you apologising for that."

"Yeah? Well, you aren't the one sporting a black eye, are you?" He countered with a growing grimace. "You didn't even tell him to stop, Sylvan. You were quite content on him beating me up, all because I called him out on being a jerk? I only said what I said because I care about you, and you reply by having Brennan punch me. I can't just magically heal over night like your boyfriend," he replied before taking a sip of his juice.

"I'm not mad, I'm just disappointed. I was hoping you'd at least stand up and tell him it was bad. Hell, Brennan apologized before you did. You're my best friend and you're acting as if I deserved this?"

"You didn't deserve to get punched, but you did deserve some sort of repercussion. You were horrible. I get it, you're the most popular kid here, but that doesn't mean you can say rude stuff about my relationship. I don't really like your boyfriend, but I won't tell you to do better, even though you clearly could," he retorted drily, a wry smile appearing as he took in Percy's discomfort. It was nothing the human didn't deserve, in his eyes. "I said sorry, you can either accept it and we can move on, or hold a grudge and be childish about this all--"

"There, all sorted. You've both said sorry, kind of, so let's drop it?" Brennan suggested desperately, sitting back when his boyfriend had finished tenderly covering up the dark rings under his eyes with some concealer. "...I mean, we could all be talking about something far more fun, yeah? Like the school play I'm the lead in, or Christmas in a few months, or that cute new werewolf guy. Just something else that isn't going to cause fucking arguments."

"Yeah. Sure." Rene replied flatly, though his sour expression held as he poked at his food. "Percy has a role too, right? I mean, I've never really cared for theatre. I mean, why couldn't I just watch the movie version? It's better done and whatnot," he drawled, though did decide to shoot the human a small smile. "I'll watch it, though, anyway, as long as you promise to come to my gymnastics practice, yeah?" He declared before pushing the tray away.

"You're lucky that this school primarily works in English, Percival.
Vishnevyy sad is my mother's favorite plays, although she's never seen it live, naturally. It's actually quite relatable, very thought provoking. Alas, all of you will never be able to truly enjoy it. Razve eto ne tak grustno?"

"I don't know why we're performing Russian plays when this is a school based in Germany," muttered Sylvan as he pulled out his breakfast from his bag, which consisted solely of pasta and some homemade sauce. He would whine that he wanted to eat healthily, but he also wasn't going to deprive himself of the energy he clearly needed. He knew he needed to eat far more than most people did, but he refused to really eat what the school had to offer. He much preferred having his mother make food for him and send it to the school, which, given they didn't live too far away from it, wasn't too much trouble.

"...There's a new guy?" He asked after a moment, his eyes lighting at recalling the words. He was often into the boys who were a little different. He fell for Brennan because of his outcast vibe and his no-cares-given attitude, after all. If the new boy had tattoos, he was easily going to fall for that... especially when the school was as elitist as it was. Having someone with just one tattoo would appal everyone, yet Sylvan found that incredibly attractive. "Where is he? We should invite him to sit with us, it's the polite thing to do--"

"I don't... the table's pretty full already, isn't it?" Percival began weakly, frowning to himself at how nervous he was coming across. Normally, he wasn't as cautious as he was now. He was quiet, but only because he didn't really like anyone, and people at his old school recognised that he wasn't someone to really mess with. Here, he just felt weak and disempowered, and he hated it - but when he was the only human surrounded by literal monsters, he also knew he couldn't blame himself that much. "...The guy might be... a bully, or just downright rude, or..."

"I don't really want a werewolf at the table, they're dreadful," agreed Brennan, his eyes rolling at Sylvan's excitement. "Honestly, rein yourself in. We can't invite a new person to the popular table, he hasn't really earned a place here, has he? Right, Rene?"

"Yeah, not every cute guy can just stroll in and sit down by us, Percival is the only exception," he purred, his tail swaying absently as he shot a glance back at the human. "Not only that but I'm pretty sure I wouldn't want my boyfriend to get all doe-eyes over some random guy, yeah? Does he share a class with you? I mean, that being said I'm not opposed to at least talking to him."

Wrapping his long tail around Percival's waist, he set his head in his hand and simply watched the human's reaction. There was definitely something up, the fact that a merman was getting so nervous over a werewolf? Werewolves weren't unique. "Don't judge a book by its cover."