Huntress

Feeding the wolves, don't you know better?
Original poster
LURKER MEMBER
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Invitation Status
  1. Looking for partners
Posting Speed
  1. 1-3 posts per week
  2. One post per week
  3. Slow As Molasses
Writing Levels
  1. Elementary
  2. Intermediate
  3. Adept
  4. Advanced
  5. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Primarily Prefer Female
Genres
Fantasy, Supernatural, Sci-Fi, Modern, Horror, Mystery and Romance
Hello everyone, Huntress here!

I am attempting to slowly come back into this, cause, well...I've missed it a little.

So first things first, I'd like to thank you for checking my thread and I do hope that you are interested in some of the things I have to offer.

Alrighty, so, onto the first set of matters at hand.
I shall follow suit and post about myself and my rules/prefrences.

As you may have noticed, I am called Huntress, I haven't really put any thought into a shorter version/nickname TBH but I am open to recommendations!

I have crossed the threshold of the third decade of life.

I have been role-playing for almost 16 years now.

I live in Ontario, Canada. Which puts me in the Eastern Time Zone. Also, I hope the fact that I spell Colour, Honour e.t.c with a U doesn't turn you off. ;P I do indeed drink milk from bags sometimes, but I do not live in an igloo. ...I'm also not very funny...

I consider myself a decent writer (you can be the judge of that). I can throw out anything from a few paragraphs, to novels worth of responses depending on how into a plot I am and what I'm trying to cover. I have my flaws when it comes to writing but I'm trying best to learn and get better at those things (slice of life / lulls / downtime IC).

My grammar and spelling isn't perfect but I do my best, I hope you do too. As long as I can understand what you're trying to say in your post then we are good to go.

In the past I've been very needy and rapid with my responses/post frequency, that likely won't be the case this time around. I used to easily respond once a day, but it's looking like this time around I'll be on the hunt for people who are comfortable with a slower posting frequency. I do hope it won't be any slower than once a week, but I'll do my best to let my partners know if it may take longer than that.

If I'm inactive for too long, poke me, It's possible that I've forgotten about the RP or life is just in one of it's chaotic cycles. There is a chance I may also be stumped on how to respond and therefore I'm trying to figure it out, sometimes I need a push from my partner to get the gears rolling; which I can do for you as well if you find yourself stuck.

Feel free to talk to me OC. I'm friendly, I swear, and I'm also sure we can find something to talk about. I'm a gamer, lets talk about games, hell we can even game together if you want.(PC / PS5 / Switch). Also don't be afraid to be honest with me. My feelings wont get hurt. Worst case scenario I lose out on a good writing partner with cool ideas. It sucks but hey, if it doesn't work out, it doesn't work out.

I find that compromise is key in finding a plot that excites both parties. We may have different opinions or wants in the RP but I'm sure we can figure it out and meet at the middle. Don't get me wrong, I can be stubborn at times, but I'm willing to compromise. So please, if you're not open to working things out or compromising on things, I might not be the right partner for you. If I can be patient with you, please be patient with me, especially if we're writing something that is not one of my strong suits.

SOME RP RULES:
I do prefer my RP's to take place in threads or PM's on the site. I can't say I'm a big fan of doing RP's over online messengers e.t.c
Sometimes I'll do them over Google Docs but again, on the site is kind of my preference.

I do like some mature content, but things don't always need to get steamy. Now that being said, I'm not a smut writer and if you have an interest in writing something that could fall into the "smut" category, then please be 18+. I will always take plot over smut and I have no problems fading things to black.

ROMANCE is not a necessity for me but it's nice to have.
I also don't like to force romance on a pairing. If anything sometimes I find the clashing of characters more fun to write about.

Gore = yes
Cursing = yes

Some other things to touch on:

DROPPERS/SILENT SAMS
I've learned to become ditch friendly over time. Of course I would prefer to know if my partner has lost interest in the story, but if they choose to fade away without a word, that's alright too. I'll definitely do my best to inform my partner if I've lost interest in the RP though.

POST LENGTH
I stated how much I typically write, now I don't expect my partner to mirror my length if I end up writing an overwhelming amount, but I would like at least three decent sized paragraphs on average.

FACE CLAIMS
Although I have nothing against the style of anime art; when it comes to face claims my preference would be real, living human beings or more realistic portraits of characters. It's easier for my imagination to follow. That being said, I will not deny RPing with you if you draw your own characters or like to use anime art. This is simply a preference, that's all.

OVER 9000, SUPERMAN / GOKU / HULK CRAZY STRONG AND POWERFUL ALL MIGHTY GODLIKE CHARACTERS
Don't get me wrong I tend to, more often than not, play ridiculously powerful characters but I do my best to try and balance out what they're capable of with an array of weaknesses and such mechanisms. Whether those things be physical, magical, emotional, extraterrestrial e.t.c. So all that I ask of you, is to consider those types of things during your character creation.

FANDOMS
Another genre that I find is very popular on this site. I don't have anything against the idea of a fandom I would just personally like to have our characters as OC's in a pre-existing world or time-period of said universe. If you want to play a character that exists in the world we choose I will not argue that but that is something I will leave up to you. I personally will almost never play as someone that's already written / created because that takes out half the fun of RPing and is also rather restricting IMO.

ONE LINERS
If this is all you can give me then I will kindly ask you to find a different partner. I've passed that part of my RPing life and I'm looking for more to keep me interested and going; one line does not provide that, sorry :(

TEXT TALK
I would assume this is self explanatory. If our characters are texting then I get it. But don't u go writing like dis for ur whole post.

NOT PROGRESSING IN POSTS
Usually I'm pretty patient with things like this, but for example, if our characters are in a conversation or doing something together I understand that things may not move on immediately. If that conversation is over, please give me more than a simple reaction post. We are working on this together, we probably have an idea of where things will go so just gently push it along. You can even throw me a curveball if that's what you need to do to help you progress, just don't kill my character, obviously and please, don't leave it in an awkward spot where I have to figure out what to do. If you don't know where to take the plot, send me a message, talk to me, we can figure it out I'm sure.

SLICE OF LIFE ROLE-PLAYS
I know a lot of people swear by these or thoroughly enjoy them. I am not one of those. I roleplay to let my creativity and imagination go crazy, so I can stray away from the stress of life when I come on this site. A perfect, ideal, realistic world is not the type of thing I'd write about. Sorry slice of life people, I just can't and I guarantee you, you cannot convince me. But if you wanna try, feel free.

SO...I think that covers a good chunk of things. I'm always open to answering any other questions a potential partner may have so don't be afraid to ask about things I may have forgotten to mention here.

Action - Addiction - Adventure - Anger - Angst - Betrayal - Comedy - Confusion - Curses - Dark - Drama - Fear - Heartbreak - Horror - Humor- Lies - Losing Control - Love / Hate - Need - Opposites Attract - Pain - Power - Reunion - Romance - Sarcasm - Secrets - Struggles - Uncertainty - Urges- Violence - Want

I will also put some pairings / creature and character types here along with some settings that I like. I don't really have any plot ideas or concepts right now that are fresh or new, so I'm open to discussing any ideas.

FIRST OFF! ANYTHING WITH WEREWOLVES IS ALWAYS OKAY WITH ME.
(I'm not about to sit and mention every possible pairing that can be done with a werewolf though)

Ancient Fantasy Character Types:
Vikings
Ancient Greeks
Descendants of gods
(From various pantheons. I have a descendant of a Greek goddess and a descendant of a Norse god)
Celtic People

Medieval Fantasy Character Types:
Berserkers
Royalty
Hunters
Elves
Mages
Druids
Witches
Knights
Tribal / Wild people
Bounty Hunters / Mercenaries
Assassins
Thieves
Red Riding Hood
Beauty and the Beast

Modern Fantasy Settings and Character Types:
1800's
Early 1900's
Wild West
WWI
1940's
WWII
1980's
1990's
Modern times (2000's)

Superheroes / Mutants / Vigilante's
Experiments
Supernatural Creatures
Agents (FBI, CIA, Secret / Undercover)
Gang Members / Organized Crime
Police Officers / Detectives
P.I.
Band members / Band
Highschool Students
College Students
Underground Fighting
Werewolf Pack
Vampire Clan
Witch Coven
Kaiju

Futuristic / Dystopian / Post-Apocalyptic Settings and Character Types:
Steampunk
Cyberpunk
Dieselpunk
Desertpunk

That's all I can think of right now. Now please keep in mind that almost all of these things will have some sort of supernatural / inhuman character or twist in them because again, I don't really like basic / realistic in my RP's. So as long as you're okay with that, then lets chat!

Hi there! I feel like we share a lot of very similar interests when it comes to RP, and I was hoping that I could reach out and see if we could do an RP together! I'm always down for doing a cyberpunk RP, as well as werewolf, vampire, and witch groups, superheroes, and pretty much anything to do with gods and demigods. I don't have any specific plot ideas in mind, but I'd be happy to discuss further with you!

@Huntress Hey how have you been? Long time no chat or rp. If your still looking we could chit chat and see what we come up with let me know. Good to see you back