Who are some of your favorite Drag Queens/Kings?

MiharuAya

Memento Mori
Original poster
DONATING MEMBER
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Posting Speed
  1. 1-3 posts per week
  2. One post per week
Online Availability
My timezone is PST
Writing Levels
  1. Intermediate
  2. Adept
  3. Advanced
  4. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
  3. Futanari
Genres
Homosexual, Romance, Fantasy, Scifi, Magic, Vampire, Werewolf, Supernatural, Angels/Demons, Superhero, Zombies
The community and artistry behind drag have been a staple in the queer community since its beginning. In recent time, they have come under intense prosecutions, so let's show them some extra love this year. Who are some of your favorite Queens and Kings?

Baby Diana fell in love with drag for the first time when To Wong Foo, Thanks for Everything! Julie Newmar came out. I wanted to BE a drag queen, and was really sad to find out I couldn't because I was already a girl 😂 (these days the world of drag has evolved so much, which is awesome!

Also sad, I never really got to enjoy much Drag stuff except for the few times it was featured in movies or TV. O: And I MISSED when Ru Paul's Drag Race first came out, cause I didn't have cable TV.

But I finally got to start watching it a year or so ago, and binged through all those seasons, plus untucked, plus some of the side projects many of the Queens got into after the show and it's been so lovely. ) It's ART and COMEDY and right up my alley of interests!

I think Shangela still remains my favorite to this day, cause she hustles so hard and makes me laugh while doing it. O: She was on Dancing with the Stars not too long ago and I was really rooting for her

• Love
Reactions: MiharuAya
I REALLY need to know more local queens, all I enjoy are international ones, usually through that one show xD

At present I vibe most with Bob the Drag Queen and Thorgy Thor. And for classics -- queens that *aren't* from that one show -- I do enjoy me some Divine. Maybe some Sylvester, too, though I'm not sure if Sylvester counts as a drag queen, or if he's "just" a queer icon. Oh, and I feel obligated to give a shoutout to Mama Yu, aka YuPaul, aka the Bootleg Queen, aka Winner of Every Season of Drag Race, aka Yuhua Hamasaki xD

• Love
I really like Trixie Mattel, Katya Zamo, Bob the Drag Queen, and Sugar and Spice

I forgot how much I fucking LOVE Jinkx Monsoon, she's so damn funny!

Also her makeup on this special is fire, Imma start doing my eyes like that >_>

• Love
Bob the Drag queen and Kim Chi, though I heard the latter has been cancelled by some for some reason? D: Maybe I need to pay attention again.

• Love
Bob the Drag queen and Kim Chi, though I heard the latter has been cancelled by some for some reason? D: Maybe I need to pay attention again.

All I can find on that is a feud stunt they pulled before announcing a makeup collab? 😂

One thing I enjoy about drag queens is the artform is historically kinda "messy", so a lot of "cancellations" nowadays don't mean anything. I hear through the rpdrcringe subreddit for instance that Kahanna Montrese is getting flak for being messy on twitter, and it just doesn't matter at all xD

But yeah, I've not heard anything serious about Kim Chi xD Doubtless there are some queens and kings with serious issues, but we don't really need to discuss them. And I do recommend the rpdrcringe subreddit: the name of the subreddit is kinda misleading, as it's actually one of the sanest subreddits concerning drag around, with much more celebration of the artform than queens getting "dragged", and especially with some queens actually posting in that sub.

I am currently in a lil class on the art of drag so I've met a lot of really cool local queens and kings that i really like! And I haven't watched rpdr in ages so I'm just gonna name some local artists so they can get some love lol. That being said I don't think any of their instagram accounts do them justice tbh but its all I got besides my millions of videos and photos from my phone

On the drag king side, the first drag king I ever saw perform is Dallas Ryder (Login • Instagram) and he did a Zagreus inspired look so I fell in love with him obviously.

And Orlandra Bloom <33333 (Login • Instagram) She winked at me so uh I fell in love with her obviously. Had me giggling & kicking my feet fr

And Poison (Login • Instagram)! Not much to comment I just think they're really cool. I took a photo with them at a show once but they're like, dramatically taller than I am so it's kinda funny.

And I follow an excessive amount of local artists actually but I'll stop there loll. I really love going to drag shows though, they're just so fun.
Support your local artists if you're able ❤❤

I am currently in a lil class on the art of drag so I've met a lot of really cool local queens and kings that i really like! And I haven't watched rpdr in ages so I'm just gonna name some local artists so they can get some love lol. That being said I don't think any of their instagram accounts do them justice tbh but its all I got besides my millions of videos and photos from my phone

On the drag king side, the first drag king I ever saw perform is Dallas Ryder (Login • Instagram) and he did a Zagreus inspired look so I fell in love with him obviously.

And Orlandra Bloom <33333 (Login • Instagram) She winked at me so uh I fell in love with her obviously. Had me giggling & kicking my feet fr

And Poison (Login • Instagram)! Not much to comment I just think they're really cool. I took a photo with them at a show once but they're like, dramatically taller than I am so it's kinda funny.

And I follow an excessive amount of local artists actually but I'll stop there loll. I really love going to drag shows though, they're just so fun.
Support your local artists if you're able ❤❤
YASS local queens YASS

Baby Diana fell in love with drag for the first time when To Wong Foo, Thanks for Everything! Julie Newmar came out
I loved that movie! It was so fun. John Leguizamo was the best.

I do like Plastique Tiara on Tiktok. Handsome as a man, beautiful as a woman. I can't!

• Love