Breath of Fresh Air

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Opal smiled warmly and leaned in gently, meeting her halfway with his chin and lightly kissing the top of her head. "You're so sweet," he murmured. "I'm terribly sorry I was mean to you and the others at first. I was rather an asshole, you know."

"Hm, I guess that's true," Noah murmured at last. He took a breath and smiled. "At least he's okay now. And if the bunch of us catch any sort of wind that kind of shit is happening, we'll be there to stop it! Won't we, Soot?"

Soot rumbled happily and gave a dramatic thwack of his tail. If his rider and friends were with him, he'd have nothing to fear from the humans that captured him. His new family would keep him safe.

Meanwhile in the water, Chaital floated in large, lazy circles, using her tail as a rudder. Suddenly she tilted her head and chirped. There was something shiny below the surface. She dipped her head down briefly, picked up the object in her mouth, and pushed it happily into Noah's hands.

"What's - ?" Noah started, fumbling to take hold of the item. Then he blinked and held it out. "Ohh, whoa! This is the shiniest rock I've ever seen! What is this?" he asked, turning it over. The object was slightly ovular, with light blue and brown speckling over a cream base.

Tima warbled contentedly, nosing up into his chin and giving a soft coo at the kiss he gave her. While it had been scary at first, finding another human that she knew would be hers, she had never been treated so gently before. Rather than be upset with Opal, she pulled herself into his lap and stretched her body up along his, pressing in close with her wings folded but resting against his chest as if to try and embrace him. He didn't feel sick anymore, and he had treated her so nicely. She wasn't sure what he was sorry for.

Lily laughed at Soot's clear enjoyment, patting him gently on his cheeks before pushing herself onto her elbows to look behind her. "Whats that?" She asked, sitting up to try and see them better. "What'd you find?

Nel, a slight frown on his face, got to his feet and walked over to the water's edge to try and get closer. "Is it . . . Chaital, what did you find? Can you bring it here please, Noah?" It could have been nothing, but from where he stood the shape was too familiar to say it wasn't what he thought it was. What was it doing at the bottom of the lake? Had one of their new little ones lain an egg without them knowing? It was much too small to be Naydra's and she had no mate, besides.

Last edited:
The young man's eyes shimmered. He hugged Tima gently, running his hands down her spines and carefully patting her head as well. "I promise, I'm going to treat everyone much better. You'll see." He took a breath and gazed out at the surroundings, lowering his voice. ". . . They were very kind to even take me in, in the first place. Have I told you how I met them?" he asked with a soft smile.

Chaital chuffed and nudged the object again, swishing her tail. And when Noah carried it to Nel, she followed close behind him, keeping an eye on what was clearly an egg.

"I think it's a rock," Noah decided, handing the rock to Nel. "It's got such a cool speckled design, too!"

Chaital rumbled and gently gave the egg a few licks to try and warm it up. She knew what it was - but at the same time, it was cold from the water, and it clearly wasn't the egg of a water dwelling species.

Soot eventually took notice as well. He wasn't quite sure what everyone else was excited about, but he stood up and ambled over anyway, tilting his head with a curious chirp.

Last edited:
Tima only made soft, encouraging sounds with her small voice, pressing into him as he held her and closing her eyes. His voice was gentle and soothing, and he held her with hands that wouldn't hurt. She wanted to make him feel better even though she didn't know how. After a moment, she settled fully down into the crook of his arm and relaxed, blinking up at him to listen to him talk.

The way Noah handled the object in question only made Nel nervous as he came closer, but he remained calm until it was in his hands.

"I don't think it's going to make it," he murmured softly to Chaital, letting her lick it for a moment before bringing it close and resting his ear against it. "It's an egg, but I don't hear a heartbeat, or any movement. It's probably gotten too cold, poor thing. I don't know how it ended up in the water."

It wasn't a species he recognized just looking at it, given how rare egg sightings could be at times, but it was small enough to fit in his hand so it couldn't have been anything very big, and the consistency of the shell wasn't right for being water born.

After a moment, he set it gently down in the wet mud surrounding the lake and stepped a bit aside. "Try and warm it a little, Chaital. Just in case."

The shell was tough, and if she could blow a bit of low heat fire on it, it was possible it would revive. Once it was warm he would take his overshirt off and use it to pick the poor thing up, but his hopes weren't very high.

Last edited:
Opal smiled and chuckled a bit at the dragon's inquisitive gaze. "Well! It all started a few days ago, when I got poisoned . . ."

Noah's eyes went wide. "It's an egg?! Oh! Shit!" he stammered. He was glad he hadn't tried to toss the egg up and down or messed around with it too much. But on hearing the egg might not make it, he frowned. "Aww. Poor thing." He straightened and pursed his lip. "Go ahead, Chaital. Do what Nel says. Maybe - maybe it'll . . ." His voice trailed off.

Chaital chuffed and leaned down. She blew a soft, warm fire over the egg for a few moments. Then she moved closer and tilted her head. She warbled worriedly and tried again, with slightly warmer fire for a slightly longer time. Then she wriggled back a few inches, watching intently.

At first, there was nothing. The egg sat still in the dried mud. But then there was a soft peep from inside the egg.

"Oh! Oh, I heard something!" Noah burst out. He'd knelt down on all fours to get a better look, and on hearing a peep he was ecstatic. "Nel, there's something alive in there!"

Chaital chirped back at the egg. Then she carefully scooped it up and held it inside her mouth, knowing the consistent, warm temperature would help.

Noah stared in shock. "Oh! Chaital, no! The egg! I - " he stammered.

"Are you sure?" Lily asked with a gasp, popping up to her feet for a better look but not coming closer so Nel could work. "Whats it been doing at the bottom of the pond!"

He only shook his head, leaving those sorts of questions for after they knew whether it would survive or not, and stood far enough back not to be burned by Chaital's flames. Dragon eggs were hardy, but the chance of it reviving after spending who knew how long in the water wasn't great. He had dealt with the mortality of farm animals before he'd ever dealt with dragons, so he always did his best to be realistic even if it was sad and wasn't expecting much.

"What." Nel blinked at the egg with clear surprise on his face, moving to undo the top button of his shirt in anticipation of using it to carry the egg, and only went still when Chaital scooped it up into her mouth. "Oh! Good, Chaital! We have to get it to the nursery, quickly."

He hurried back to where Soot lay to urge the dragon gently up, raising a placating hand towards Noah as he went. "Don't worry, don't worry! I don't think she's had eggs of her own, but she knows how to carry them. Flying will be the fastest way to get the egg somewhere safe to check on it. Lily, can you and Fern fly to the stables and bring back a small bundle of hay?"

Elated by the idea of saving the baby, Lily snapped to a clumsy attention and gave Nel a salute. "Yes, sir!" She called, and ran off to jump onto Infernus' back as the calm dragon got to his feet. "We'll meet you there!"

They took off quickly with no further need of explanation, and Nel gave Soot an encouraging pat as he settled in the saddle. "Just a short flight, my friend, and you can rest again. If we get it back safely, the egg has a chance to live."

Noah sighed shakily and nodded. "Oh, good! For a second I thought she ate it."

Chaital snorted indignantly. But Noah was new to dragons; she couldn't blame him for being worried. She craned her neck down and gently nudged Noah towards her back, where he quickly strapped himself in. Then she took to the air and waited for the others to join.

Soot could sense the urgency in the group. He was on his feet in moments, and quickly spread a wing open for Nel to climb up onto, chuffing in a mix of excitement and confusion.

Once the whole group was airborne, Chaital wheeled and turned to head straight for the nursery. There would be plenty of supplies there to check on the egg. And it was a short flight, too - within minutes, she landed in the grass and lay her head just outside the nursery door.

Noah impatiently unstrapped himself and tried to leap off her back, only to forget about one strap and slap into Chaital's side with a grunt, hanging upside down. "Fuck."

Chaital snorted and chuffed at him, gazing back at him with sparkling eyes when he slowly rotated around before struggling to undo his strap. "What? I'm worried about the egg, okay? I was in a rush." He finally dropped to the ground and staggered to his feet, glancing up at Nel once he and Soot landed. "Okay. How can I help?"

"It's okay, Soot," Nel soothed as he climbed onto the dragon's back, giving him reassuring pats even as he buckled himself in. "We're all okay."

He didn't want Soot to worry if he didn't understand what was going on, but they did need to hurry. Soot was getting so much better at following directions while they flew, and they arrived at the nursery building quickly enough, Nel unbuckling before hoping off Soot's back and wincing a little when Noah almost hit the ground.

"Careful, careful," he chided the younger man gently even as he went to Chaital and held out his hands for her to drop the egg carefully into. "Thank you for keeping it safe, my friend. I promise to take good care of it."

He cradled the egg close to his chest despite the mix of dragon spit and dirt it put on his clothes, waving Noah along with him into the small building. One half of the room contained a large fireplace with brickwork that extended out by a couple of feet into the room, three small divots set into it close to where the fire would go. Nel set the egg gently in one which would be filled with hay when Lily returned, and pointed off to one side of the room as he went to gather a few pieces of wood from a small store beside the fireplace. They would need more later but for now it would do.

"There should be some kindling in the cabinet there, if you can bring me a handful." He instructed calmly, even as he place the wood in a careful formation, then turned to retrieve a flint to start the fire with. Once the kindling was settled beneath the wood he worked carefully to get it lit so it would start to warm the room.

"We're back!" Lily cried as she came through the door with an armful of hay, bits of it stuck all over her clothes and hair from carrying the small bundle with her. "Where do you want this?"

"Oh, good, thank you." Nel blew carefully on the fire and nudged the wood until it started to burn, then turned and gently lifted the egg once more. "If you can drop it next to me, I'll make the egg a nest to rest in right here, and I'll need you to run and get Malia, please. Noah, can you take that pot over there and fill it with water for me? I want to boil it so we have clean water available when it hatches."

He thought it would, at least, though he didn't know how quickly. He didn't know exactly what species it was, but if it was moving and making sounds it would only be a matter of days, at most.

Chaital rumbled and very gently set the egg in Nel's hands. She trusted him, and such a small egg would require precise care that humans could give a bit better than she could. Sure, she'd helped take care of a few eggs when she led the feral flock in Upper Floaten - but even those had been bigger than this one.

Noah nodded and hurried off to grab a stack of kindling, bringing it back to Nel and setting it carefully where instructed. He went off to fill a pot with water next, carrying it back carefully to Nel. Then he stood back and looked on with a mixture of excitement and worry, hugging his arms. " . . . Is the egg gonna be okay?" he asked softly.

The hatchling inside the egg peeped again - a soft, warm note that sounded stronger than the first time. Noah's expression relaxed slightly, and he let out a breath. "Should we get a blanket for them?" he suggested.

Nel picked the egg gently up as Lily hurried over, cradling it to his chest and directing her in how much to spread in the bottom of the divot meant to house the nest. When it was cushioned enough he settled it carefully in the hay, propped so as to best face the warmth of the fire as it began to catch on the wood, and gave a little start at the sound it made.

"This one is very vocal," he said with a surprised little shake of his head. "That's a good sign, I think. It's very close to hatching. We'll have to set up watch for it, so someone is here when it starts to break free." He looked up at Noah with some sympathy, offering a small but uncertain smile. "I'm sorry, but only time will tell. It's looking up, but I don't know what being in the lake has done to it. It's better not to guess for now."

It was entirely possible the egg would hatch just fine, but also possible that it would either be too weak to live long afterwards or never make it out of the shell at all. He wished he could give Noah more reassurance, but he didn't want to lie, and he hadn't been around enough egg hatchlings to know anything for sure. It felt hopeful. That was as much as he could say.

As Noah and Nel scrambled inside, Infernus waited calmly for Lily to come running back out, knowing they had another task to take care of and ready to work as he always was. Once she was on his back, she gave the other dragons a salute. "Keep an eye on those trouble makers, okay, Chaital?" She said with a grin, and gave Fern a little smack with her foot to get him going. "Come on, Fern! Let's go get Malia so she can see the egg! Then we can go tell everyone else!"

Noah smiled back, a little shakily, and stood closer to the egg. "I can take first watch," he announced at once. "I think maybe if we talk to them, they might have a better chance. They'll know someone's out here waiting for them, you know?" His eyes shimmered, and he glanced between the egg and Nel. "Can I touch it? Very gently?"

Chaital waited on one side of the building, peering in through the window, while Soot took the other side to see what was going on.

Axle sat with Pumpkin in the Old Mill's kitchen, sketching out a few more plans and designs for the upcoming festival. "Okay, this time for sure I think I've settled on a theme!" he decided. "We'll have it designed like a big potluck. Everyone who's able can bring meals, desserts, and drinks, and we'll all celebrate together! Just needs a name. Let's see . . . The Floaten Festival? Hmm. Doesn't quite scream food themed, does it?"

Pumpkin chirped and rolled onto his back, swishing his tail.

Nel made a soft, apologetic sound and shook his head at the idea of Noah watching alone. "It isn't that I don't think you'll be very careful, or that you can't be here, but we should have someone on staff that's dealt with eggs before present too." He trusted Noah to try his best, but with no knowledge of hatchlings or eggs in general it was better that he not be left alone for it. On top of the egg's safety, Nel knew if anything bad happened Noah would feel horrible for the rest of time about it even if it wasn't his fault.

"You can touch it." He reassured, shifting aside to let Noah have a closer look. "Don't worry, dragon eggs are very tough. A little touch won't hurt. If you put your whole hand over it, you might even feel it stir a little. When they're close to hatching, dragons fill up all the space inside there, so it shouldn't be moving very much anymore."

There was no wiggle room left, if its growth had gone as smoothly as it should. Every move it made would make the egg shiver a little.

The moment she was told, Malia headed off to the nursery to see the egg herself and Lily shot off to the Old Mill with Infernus at top notch speeds, hardly bothering to connect her tow line at all lest it slow them down. By the time they landed outside, Jasper had come down from the roof to see how Opal was doing with the little dragons, and raised an eyebrow at the way she ran the distance from her dragon to the front doors.

"What's got you all riled?" He asked, something mildly suspicious on his face as he wiped his hands clean on a rag.

"An egg!" She shouted, and busted through the front door before he could even express his confusion. Inside, she darted through the entryway and skidded to a stop to call for the others, not knowing exactly where they were. "Mr. Harn! Mr. Jenkins! Come quick! We found a dragon egg!"

". . . Oh. In that case, I can help take first watch!" Noah decided with a smile. "I can help whoever it is stay awake. And if they need something, I can go get it so they can stay with the egg."

Then Nel told him he could touch the egg. His eyes glittered, and he went over and very, very gingerly set his hand on top of the shell - and gasped when he felt the hatchling inside move around. "Ohhh," he murmured. "Nel, they're warm! Come feel this!" He was sure it was a good sign that the egg was warmed up inside, especially when the baby was moving so much.

Opal blinked and tilted his head. An egg? Like a dragon egg? He glanced at Tima and smiled. "Must be pretty big news, if Lily's rushing around like that," he decided. "I wonder whose egg it is." He set Tima down briefly to gather up the writing supplies. Then he strolled into the house, curious to see if he could learn a bit more information before the group left.

"A what?!" Axle stammered. He dropped his quill and rushed over, whistling for Pumpkin. "You said a dragon egg?! Where? Whose is it?" he called in delight.

Mr. Jenkins chuckled and shuffled as fast as he could. "Ohhh, won't Malia be happy! We haven't had an egg fer quite a while."

Nel only smiled and nodded, warmed by Noah's constant eagerness to help no matter what it was that he could do. "Warm?" He repeated when Noah said so, and shifted over on his knees to press a few fingers lightly against the outside of the shell. "Oh, you're right - that's a good sign. They're working hard in there, and the fire will help them keep warm. Once Malia comes, she'll know more about what to do for it."

Not a moment later, Malia came jogging down the path to the nursery and gave Soot and Chaital only a brief greeting on her way through the door, out of breath after having run from her office. "You've got the fire going, good." She said with a nod as she entered, pausing to quickly finish tying her hair back out of the way as she approached. "Let me have a look at it." When they were sufficiently out of the way she sat on the brickwork beside the nest and carefully lifted the egg out of its hay bed, turning it slowly this way and that to inspect it for damage or signs of ill health. "Where did you find it, again? Lily said something about water, but we were both off too quickly to say more."

"Dragon's don't always like people seeing their eggs," Jasper said with a shrug as he followed after Opal, scooping Nobu off the ground on the way. "And a lotta the ones here were either hurt or sick so they don't mate very often. But let's be honest, a cute enough dog could make her run like that."

Tima, sensing the excitement, bounced around as he picked things up and stuck almost close enough to his feet to trip him. Once he was walking, she flew up to his shoulders to ride so she could stay close.

Inside, Lily threw her hands in the air in a dramatic shrug, a big grin on her face and a bounce in her step but clearly just as confused as they were. "I don't know! Somebody small, I guess! We found it in the pond over that way, but Nel thinks it might still make it - come on, you gotta come see!"

Noah turned and waved when Malia came in, smiling brightly. "Hi, Malia! Yeah, Chaital and I found this egg in the lake. I kinda thought it was a rock at first," he admitted. He settled back against one of the walls and watched the way she examined the egg, taking quiet notes in case he was ever in a similar position. "What are you looking for?" he asked softly.

"All right, we're coming! We're coming!" Axle said, laughing. The entire group followed after Lily. Grandpa Jenkins eventually climbed up on Ol' Boulder with Opal, while the others ran or walked alongside them.

Eventually they made their way to the Hatchery. Axle, panting and out of breath, staggered to the door and quietly knocked. "H - hello! It's Axle and the rest. May we come in to see the egg?" he asked hopefully.

Inside, Noah brightened and jumped to his feet. "That's Father! Can everyone come inside at the same time, Malia?" He wasn't sure if eggs could be crowded or not, but he didn't want to assume.

"Signs of age and health," Malia said even as she held the egg up towards the window for more light, concentrated on turning it slowly and tapping her fingers gently against the shell in seemingly random places. "The shell should be hard and shouldn't sound hollow, the coloring should be even and the weight shouldn't tip to one side or the other if the egg is full enough to be near hatching. The blue and grey coloring makes me think it's some sort of Felucian, but we haven't any of those at the Dragonry that I'm aware of. I'll know more when it hatches."

"It's peeped a couple times," Nel offered, otherwise sitting quietly and letting her make her own examination. "Chaital warmed it for us before we brought it to the fire."

"Good, good," Malia murmured softly, and after a little more looking set the egg very gently back in its nest to look at them with a soft smile. "You've done well, giving it a fighting chance. Now we just have to wait and see."

Lily'd had a bounce in her step the whole way over, hurrying along to keep up with dragons but seemingly tireless as she led the way. "I got everyone!" She declared as she squeezed past Axle to get inside, with enough standing room for everyone despite the building's small size. "Hope that's okay."

"Come in, come in," Malia urged with a soft laugh, waving them inside but staying seated near the egg nest with the growing fire at her back. "A little commotion won't hurt. I don't think I could stop you even if it did."

"Eggs just growing out of the grass now?" Jasper asked with an eyebrow raised as they all filed inside, letting Axle and Mr. Jenkins get closer while he stood back a bit with Nobu in his arms, the curious dragon tilting his head to try and see the egg better in its hay. "I didn't know anyone was due for one."

"They aren't, as far as I know." Nel shrugged a bit helplessly, concerned about the circumstances but focused on giving the egg a chance. "It's possible it was stolen from somewhere nearby, but if that was true you'd think the dragon that took it would either have hidden it somewhere or eaten it."

It wasn't incredibly common, but it was possible for a bigger dragon to eat a smaller egg if it was territorial or very hungry. Less likely when the egg development was so far along, but not completely impossible.

Noah nodded, listening intently. "Got it. Good to know. Thanks, Malia." He relaxed a bit more and leaned back against the wall. "I'm glad to hear it's got a good chance at things. They're gonna be so spoiled once they hatch," he added with a lopsided smile.

Not long after, the rest of the group arrived and spilled in through the doorway, forming a circle around the egg. Opal reached up to pet Tima's nose and smiled. "Look at that, Tima! That egg's nearly as big as you."

Axle staggered forward to catch his breath. But then he gazed at the egg in awe, his eyes shimmering. "Well! Look at that," he murmured. "Don't know that I've ever seen an egg this close before. It looks rather like a - oh, let me think. Maybe a Felucian. They've got similar speckles. How long do you suppose it'll take to hatch?"

Mr. Jenkins shuffled forward as well, gently rubbing the egg with his hand. "Well, could be soon, could take a few days," he admitted. "I ain't never seen an egg this small." He glanced up at Malia and beamed. "Should we assign teams to watch after it in shifts? I know we got quite a few young ones here who'd be very eager to help."

Malia had to smile at Axle's enthusiasm, amused by his clear amazement as much as she was surprised by his apparent knowledge. "So you have seen an egg before?" She questioned. "I thought perhaps a Felucian as well, though I can't guess how you would know that, too. I can't imagine it would take more than a couple of days to hatch, at the most."

Tima gave a curious warble, at first, but didn't get down to see the egg, only watching from Opal's shoulders. She was never allowed near the eggs she had seen before. They were always taken away somewhere the second they were laid.

"Just a little peek." Jasper murmured, setting Nobu on the bricks just long enough to let him sniff the egg a little before picking him up again, just so he wouldn't go crazy trying to get closer. He'd left Naga outside on purpose, but was unaware of how she'd come to perch in the window nearby to look at everyone.

"We'll have to have watches assigned, yes," Malia agreed, getting to her feet to get out of the way. "I'll send word to others with experience hatching so they wont have to be too terribly long. You can touch it if you'd like, but gently, and no holding it for now."

"It needs to stay warm by the fire," Nel said with a little nod. "It should warm up for a while before we move it away again."

"If we'd truly like to identify it, I'm sure we've left the book around here somewhere." Malia gave Axle a little pat on the arm, drawing his attention away as she passed to search in a cabinet for a sort of field guide on different dragon species and their eggs. "Come help me look once you've had your fun."

After taking a turn touching the egg to feel it wiggle inside, Lily sidled up to where Noah was standing to put her arms around one of his and lean her head on his shoulder. "Good thing you and Chaital found it! Who knows how long it would've lasted under there." She still wondered how it had gotten there in the first place, but more important was how they were going to save it.

Axle fidgeted shyly for a few moments, smiling and twining his fingers together. ". . . I have a book," he murmured at last. "Well - actually, I have a whole collection of books on dragons. I've done quite a bit of study on them to get the proportions, materials, and weights of Harn saddles correct. But I do rarely get to see dragons in action besides Pumpkin here."

Pumpkin chirped at the sound of his name and hopped onto Axle's shoulder, licking the man's hair to preen it.

". . . In any case, I would love to give it a bit of love," Axle said at last. He smiled at Malia, and then gently ran his hand over the surface of the egg, sighing happily. "I suppose they'll be tiny for a dragon. Around Pumpkin, Nobu, and Naga's size. I do hope they're sociable! I'm sure the other dragons would love to have another friend."

Eventually he followed off after Malia and nodded. "I don't suppose you and I could take a shift together?"

Noah grinned at Lily, leaning back against her and nodding. "I'm glad we found it, too." But then his smile faded. "I wonder . . . there was one egg there. But eggs usually hatch in clutches, right? Do you think there are more around the area?"

"A scholar and a businessman," Malia said with a somewhat teasing little smile, watching the careful way he treated the egg and only pulling him away with her to look for her book once he'd had the chance. "I would have guessed your research would be on fully grown dragons, not little ones. I'm sure Infernus or Chaital would be happy to help you with hands on experience."

When they were a few steps away from where the others gathered, next to the storage cabinets on the other side of the little room, she stopped to take his hand, reaching up with the other to gently straighten a few skewed locks of his hair just for an excuse to touch him. "I'm sure that can be arranged. Can you afford to miss a little sleep with all your planning going on?"

Nel got up as they walked away, leaving room for others to have their fill of touching the egg while it warmed, and went to Jasper and Opal's side to be sure their little dragons were doing all right. "How did drawing go?" He asked with a smile, very gently touching the end of Tima's tail where it rested over Opal's shoulder, covered in dry ink. "Did she figure it out?"

Lily made a thoughtful sound, eyes drifting towards the ceiling as she thought it over. "It depends. . . Sorta like cats and dogs, sometimes they only have a couple, and sometimes a lot. One is rare, I think, but not impossible. If I were as tiny as whatever dragon laid that egg, I wouldn't want that many in my belly either!"

While everyone was busy chattering with each other, Naga crept carefully in through the window, climbing down as silently as she could rather than flying, and moved behind as many people as possible on her way to the nest to avoid being noticed. She hadn't been expressly told to stay out, but the fact that Jasper hadn't let her in told her she wasn't supposed to be there. Silent as if stalking prey, she made her way to the egg to give it a sniff, and very gingerly crawled into the hay to wrap her body around where it lay with a content little rumble not unlike a purring cat. The little egg was shiny and warm and interesting, and they'd tried to keep it from her but she'd succeeded in getting to it without being stopped. Her egg now.

Last edited: