From Beneath the Waves

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Korrin nodded along, reassured a bit in that his guesses seemed to be correct. He might have been foreign to the human world, with his memories of his time in it lost to him, but he wasn't stupid. He could make educated guesses about why things happened.

"I guess I'd like looking at things from here, too," he admitted, thinking of what little he could see from the water, and what he knew of but hadn't really seen. The fact that the ocean would also be more interesting to those that didn't see it so often wasn't a large leap to make.

"It's very dangerous, to people that aren't meant to be in it." It was difficult to say what he meant while leaving out words like merfolk and human, not wanting anyone to hear and think anything strange was going on. "I understand why you haven't seen much of it. Even I can only go so far."

His body was more meant for diving, able to breathe and withstand more pressure than the human body, but even with natural ability and spells to keep his body safe he couldn't go to the deepest parts of the ocean. Some could, but they were a strange type of merfolk that he had only encountered once or twice in life when Minamet had taken him to trade for rare deep sea things.

"Plus a lot of people don't live near the sea, so they're even more interested in it." She explained further, "that's why they might come here on holiday and buy a souvenir like these."

She nodded a little sheepishly, "yeah I found that out first hand." Even though things had ultimately worked out, she knew how close she'd come to succumbing to the oceans power.

"Really?" She asked with interest, "I assumed you could go anywhere." She said quietly, wondering if it was because he wasnt a true merman or if none of them could.