7/23/18 Will be the next Update Post.
Post Order is just for combat situations at the moment, or if I call for it.
If the party splits up, I'll make banners for different scenes so we can keep track.

Lineup/Combat Post Order:
@Michale CS as the GM
@Gands as Hercules
@Breach as Spawn
@Ringmaster as The Gunslinger
@LuckycoolHawk9 as Lucifer Morningstar
@Sonevar as John Constantine
@Drixe as "Bob" the Minion
@Michale CS as Squirrel Girl

(Yes I know this gives me two posts, I'm endeavoring to keep the group PC and NPC posts separate.)

We may not stick 100% to a post order, and I'll allow exceptions as long as the posts are timely and don't derail the party/plot with side conversations/actions that don't involve the majority of the party.

Last edited:
Lucifer Morningstar

" You wouldn't call it easy, but I have dealt with worse people and more powerful than Ultron, it's easy to me. I'm heading to the tower and Doreen, may I suggest that you get your squirrel friends to distract the robots and help make sure we don't have problems. I'm sure you can do that," he said, heading for the tower after Bobpool who was definitely going to need some back-up.

@Drixe @Michale CS @Tower

"I am heading to the tower as well and making sure to take out as many machines that are near my path."
Spawn leaps out of that helicopter and the cape swirls around spawn creating a cone. The cone started to spin, with long chains that have skulls attached to them, and launch forward to the tower( wanting plow through and be able to get inside the power), as well as reach for every machine nearby with the chains and tearing them apart from the shear speed of of cone's spinning.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Michale CS
Constantine sighs at all the theatrics and begins to walk forward with no plan nor destination in mind. He shoves his hands in his coat pockets checking on a couple of magical talismans therein and lets his Synchronicity guide him along the path he needs to go... He seems to be avoiding traps and encounters as if by sheer luck and only stumbling upon trouble when someone else is in need of his aid, at which point he arrives just in time to unleash both snark and power at those menacing his compatriots. It's not unlike what he was doing before he came here anyway.

Deadpool, Cable and Domino took the team to a place deep in the forest, with one metal, glinting spire sticking out like a sore thumb among the trees.

rainforestguardian-jpeg-653x0_q80_crop-smart-jpg.160572

"We're here people! Look alive, there's not only hot chick Ultron, but a lot of her earlier versions all over the place guarding it while she tries to figure out how to use magic."

Magic? Well, well, well then.

He had a plan of his own and leaping out down to the ground, he made a cutting gesture as the world ripped before him. Stepping through, he closed it with an absent snap. His other hand would be wielding Baskerville at the ready as the crunch of ice and the sharp, scent of snow filled his senses.

The Nevernever. Mirror of the World and Plane of Spirits and other, strange beings that retreated from the world. A method to avoid the conventional defenses, but putting him in the way of more twisted ones. Ultron, whatever that was seemed to be a burgeoning warlock. Whatever defenses and protections would distort the spirit-tower, but it would enable him to get to the heart swiftly.

Around him, the crackle of ice golems glinted, all of them with the same face and they seemed to be restless, howling as they clashed with each other or exploded for no reason.

The fight seemed to be going well then and with a swiftness borne of experience, Lucifer headed for the tower head on.

@Michale CS @Others

To set the mood...​

Hercules Lion of Olympus

" I will go through the forest and try to get Ultron's attention. I do suggest that some of us take another route to take advantage of this.

With that, Herc prepares for battle. He brings out some things from his bag of toys. The Nemedian lion skin. The shield of Athena with the face of the medusa, a big big gun and his usual mace.

( to Brigid ) " My Lady, I am going to draw out the mad golum Ultron. Will you share this adventure with me ?"

brigid sword.jpg
Brigid concentrated and manifested her full battle regalia. She was not only the goddess of fertility, but of the forge, so her armament was quite impressive, and the metal of her sword able to harm even the extraordinarily tough Ultron drones and Stark armors, launching herself into the fray in a sort of dance, her eyes rarely open. She and Hercules drew a lot of attention with their divine powers.​

"Bobpool" stalks off to the side sneaking through the forest while he heads to the tower. Dispite having a color scheme that clashes with the forest he blends in well. No doubt due to some previous training as he seems focused and methodical.

Things went very well for Bobpool, who avoided all sorts of attacks and traps until...

Until...

"Bada nama no haems en me..."
"There are no strings on me..."

ultron minion 2.jpg
Bobpool was faced with a Minion Ultron that he had to deal with before entering the tower.​

Lucifer Morningstar

" You wouldn't call it easy, but I have dealt with worse people and more powerful than Ultron, it's easy to me. I'm heading to the tower and Doreen, may I suggest that you get your squirrel friends to distract the robots and help make sure we don't have problems. I'm sure you can do that," he said, heading for the tower after Bobpool who was definitely going to need some back-up.

Lucifer lost Bobpool briefly, but just after he caught sight of him again - and the Ultron Minion, he heard a voice behind him.

Blackheart.jpg
"Hello... father. Must I kill and eat you again? The Orb controls souls, did you not know I would come for it?" Quoth Blackheart, moving in on Lucifer menacingly.

"I am heading to the tower as well and making sure to take out as many machines that are near my path."
Spawn leaps out of that helicopter and the cape swirls around spawn creating a cone. The cone started to spin, with long chains that have skulls attached to them, and launch forward to the tower( wanting plow through and be able to get inside the power), as well as reach for every machine nearby with the chains and tearing them apart from the shear speed of of cone's spinning.
All was going well for Spawn, despite the sheer number of the machines, until...
Pain.
Pain of a type he had only felt a few times, accompanied by a flaring spearpoint jutting out of his shoulder, the weapon having pierced through his shoulder blade and out his collarbone.
It was Angelic Fire, and as the weapon flickered out of existence and Spawn began to instantly heal - although he'd reverted to his base form - he heard a voice that made him turn.

Redeemer.jpg
"I slew you once, Hellspawn, and I shall do so again. Hell has no right to the Orb of Ra, it belongs to Heaven and I will not allow you to possess it."

It was The Redeemer, or at least A Redeemer, and he didn't seem to be in the mood to talk.

Constantine sighs at all the theatrics and begins to walk forward with no plan nor destination in mind. He shoves his hands in his coat pockets checking on a couple of magical talismans therein and lets his Synchronicity guide him along the path he needs to go... He seems to be avoiding traps and encounters as if by sheer luck and only stumbling upon trouble when someone else is in need of his aid, at which point he arrives just in time to unleash both snark and power at those menacing his compatriots. It's not unlike what he was doing before he came here anyway.

Constantine's wanderings took him, strangely, through a faerie circle of mushrooms and into the Nevernever, where he met up with The Gunslinger...​

Magic? Well, well, well then.

He had a plan of his own and leaping out down to the ground, he made a cutting gesture as the world ripped before him. Stepping through, he closed it with an absent snap. His other hand would be wielding Baskerville at the ready as the crunch of ice and the sharp, scent of snow filled his senses.

The Nevernever. Mirror of the World and Plane of Spirits and other, strange beings that retreated from the world. A method to avoid the conventional defenses, but putting him in the way of more twisted ones. Ultron, whatever that was seemed to be a burgeoning warlock. Whatever defenses and protections would distort the spirit-tower, but it would enable him to get to the heart swiftly.

Around him, the crackle of ice golems glinted, all of them with the same face and they seemed to be restless, howling as they clashed with each other or exploded for no reason.

The fight seemed to be going well then and with a swiftness borne of experience, Lucifer headed for the tower head on.

Right at the doors of the tower in the Nevernever, the Gunslinger and Constantine were headed off by a lone figure...
ultron warlock 2.jpg
"This is not your Tower, nor your world, but I care not of what happens in the other. What shall you give me to allow you passage into the Tower and back to your mundane world, I wonder? The lady golem intrigues me. Give her to me once you have wrested your prize from her and this debt will be paid. Swear to this. Otherwise... I shall simply move my tower to another convergence and deposit you far from your friends..."
The warlock declared, and crackled with enough magic to make it clear to both - the Gunslinger and Constantine, that he could back up his words before they could strike him down. It wasn't a matter of defeating this mage, between the two of them it wasn't a contest, but this was his demesne and his finger was on the trigger.

Doreen and Deadpool and... many, many squirrels were laying waste to many of the surviving defenders of the tower, but they hadn't reached it yet. It looked like... well they were having a lot of fun kicking butt and were caught up in the moment.

***What to do?***
Most of the heroes have been confronted by foes who have mistaken them for the native versions of themselves. It's clear that they do not know they aren't from "this" universe.

Each of you needs to respond to the individual threats I've laid before you.

Brigid and Hercules, as well as Deadpool and Doreen, are going to make fairly short work of the defenders in the woods, so @Gands you need to pick a location to end up - with The Gunslinger and Constantine (via Brigid), by the Ultron Minion, by The Redeemer, or by Blackheart.

I will need @Gands to post first, the remainder of you can post in any order once Hercules and Brigid have joined someone confronting an adversary.

@Breach @Drixe @Gands @LuckycoolHawk9 @Ringmaster @Sonevar

Last edited:
Hercules Lion of Olympus

Preceding through the forest, there seems to be less and less opposition. Gradually Brigid and Hercules are strolling through a rather empty and deserted forest. Even the squirrels are gone now. Having no way of knowing where his two magical companions went, he continues. He and his lovely companion can hear talking in the distance. Hercules motions to Brigid to approach quietly.

Herc is wearing something approaching armor, though really it won't be much better than his own skin.

3fb239c72ce50dbbac9723b3515360de.jpg

He pulls a sword from his duffel bag, and then the Helm of Hades, which he is surprised to find there. Without saying anything, he hands that to Brigid, making hand motions that she is to join the battle in ambush at just the right time. Himself wearing the Numidian Lion skin on his back, will approach his friend Lucifer to fight by his side. He now has the Adamantine Sword of Peleus in one hand and his own mighty mace in the other.

" My friend does not fight alone Devil thing. Against the two of us, you stand no chance here. Depart and continue your miserable existence elsewhere ! Otherwise, we will send you back to the depths of hell in small pieces that your enemies there will take advantage of. "

@Michale CS @LuckycoolHawk9 @Breach @Sonevar @Ringmaster @Drixe

• Nice Execution!
Bob draws his sword cautiously and walks in a tight circle with the minion construct opposite him. He weighs his options, he knows he has a slight disadvantage against the robot. It's stronger for certian, plus with two eyes it can attack from further away witout penalties. Any lasers it can shoot are pointless thankfully,, they just will burn through his costume. He remembers he's cosplaying deadpool and smiles, he has two swords. He was more comfortable weilding just one with two hands, this compensated for his lack of strengh. That meant he had a spare sword he didn't care about or need.

The ultron minion strikes first, eye lasers cutting through Bob's superhero tights like butter, they only blacken his yellow skin like soot. It then attacks punching and kicking bob, knocking him around a bit but really just keeping him from striking back.

Bob starts to panic in anger remembering how his first fencing instructor loved hitting him in the head with the wooden sword. This triggers more memories deep in his self blocked mind, battles he won or lost. He stops and calms himself as he remembers how he beat the instructor, when attacking you open yourself up to attack.

Smiling again he waits for the construct to strike, parrying as he watches the small weakness in it's metal hide open just enough for a precise sword strike. He waits until it happens again then strikes purposely breaking the tip of the sword in the "wound". This surprises the robot and switches to the other arm for attacking. Bob repeats the strike and the constuct falls back the sharp bits of broken metal in its vulnerable intrenal components tearing away at the wires inside.it trys to run but bob strikes away at any soft area it shows leaving more shrapnel inside as his sword grows ever more smaller. Eventualy it shuts down waiting for repairs and bob prys the pannel covering the CPU off and stabs the remnant sword into the module. He leaves it in there, a suitable grave for a sword that died well.

Seeing his shirt with large holes burned and torn in it, he takes it off as well as the empty scabbard. Droped near the bot he throws his deadpool nask down as well. He remembers his Warrior etiquette and bows respectfully to the fallen opponent and then stalks off again to meet the others silent as before.

• Sympathy & Compassion
Lucifer Morningstar

Lucifer wasn't sure how he had lost track of Bobpool, but he had somehow managed to do it and it annoyed him to no end either.

" You know, I'm really starting to hate you in any universe," he replied with a groan, knowing exactly who it was. He had not forgotten everything from the other half either.

Lucifer was about to correct Hercules, but he decided it would be better if he let the bluff help. He hadn't been able to send anyone back to Hell since he had used the Pentecostal after his first death. He debated how to attack and finally decided to focus after a minute on just waiting to see what his first move would be.

@Michale CS @Drixe

• Thank You
"There are two things wrong with that statement. First is that Whatever Spawn you have slain was not me. Second, Hell nor heaven will not have this orb." As Spawn said this, he senses a familiar evil near Lucifer. This gave Spawn a ideaand his cape grew, like a large theater curtain, big enough to cover everything behind him. He draws sword from his cape and slashs Redeemer across his chest. After he has done this, he flys backwards, still facing forward towards Redeemer. Drawing him to where Black Heart's location, Spawn prompts, with a come here motion with his fingers, Redeemer for a stab. Spawns dodge, hitting Redeemer with his cape like a bull fighter, and in his place would be Black Heart.

Constantine was getting tired of the "demi-games", as the figure starts monologue-ing Constantine begins subtly draining energy from the gatekeeper. In order to further cover his activities as well as to stall for more time he begins flippant conversation.

"What the hell you want a robot corpse for? You that desperate for a roll in the sheets? Gonna try to re-animate it for a little play time? And don't bother to tell me it ain't none of my business you pervert, I've come a long way to have a piss and I'm getting a little full up, so you'll tell me you would-be tosh or I'm gonna whip it out and have a go all over your pretty tower..."

As he talks out his @$$, he stores up as much stolen energy as he can in one of his talismans, simultaneously preparing it for a strike

" My friend does not fight alone Devil thing. Against the two of us, you stand no chance here. Depart and continue your miserable existence elsewhere ! Otherwise, we will send you back to the depths of hell in small pieces that your enemies there will take advantage of. "
Spawn prompts, with a come here motion with his fingers, Redeemer for a stab. Spawns dodge, hitting Redeemer with his cape like a bull fighter, and in his place would be Blackheart
" You know, I'm really starting to hate you in any universe," he replied with a groan, knowing exactly who it was. He had not forgotten everything from the other half either.

Lucifer was about to correct Hercules, but he decided it would be better if he let the bluff help. He hadn't been able to send anyone back to Hell since he had used the Pentecostal after his first death. He debated how to attack and finally decided to focus after a minute on just waiting to see what his first move would be.

@Michale CS @Drixe

The trick worked. The spear pierced Blackheart through and through. However, Hercules would notice the absence of Brigid by his side.

The Redeemer's spear had also gone through her shoulder. She was on one knee. By the time Hercules could react to help her, the Goddess had regained her footing. With a blaze of light, the holy weapon lodged in her flashed out of existence and her own sword blazed with divine wrath. Brigid's eyes flashed open and all that shone was blinding white light. A terrible smile graced her face as she strode forward to enter the fray, striking Blackheart from behind as he had turned to face his attacker.

Hercules knew well the mode she was in. It was not only the Norse that had their Berserkers, the Celts were no strangers to the Battle Rage. Once Bridgid defeated Blackheart and The Redeemer, he knew that unless he figured some way to calm the angered Goddess, no one in the area was safe.

Even himself.

Seeing his shirt with large holes burned and torn in it, he takes it off as well as the empty scabbard. Droped near the bot he throws his deadpool nask down as well. He remembers his Warrior etiquette and bows respectfully to the fallen opponent and then stalks off again to meet the others silent as before.

"Zzzttt. It's not over." The Ultron Minion stood, and there were a dozen more of them behind him. "Dance off."

Suddenly a dozen wild Minions dropped down from the trees, obviously a forest tribe, dressed a lot like Ewoks.

Then, the Ultron Minions began their dance...

"What the hell you want a robot corpse for? You that desperate for a roll in the sheets? Gonna try to re-animate it for a little play time? And don't bother to tell me it ain't none of my business you pervert, I've come a long way to have a piss and I'm getting a little full up, so you'll tell me you would-be tosh or I'm gonna whip it out and have a go all over your pretty tower..."

As he talks out his @$$, he stores up as much stolen energy as he can in one of his talismans, simultaneously preparing it for a strike

This Sorcerer, being the parallel of Ultron in the Nevernever, was extremely intelligent, and had prepared for such an eventuality. The Gunslinger sensed the surge of power first, and tried to suppress it by drawing and firing on the sorcerer, but it was too late.

"You want my power, take it!" The rush of energy overwhelmed anything John had personally experienced before. His senses were overloaded and everything went white. The sorcerer fell, great holes torn in him from the Gunslinger but once their senses had cleared, Constantine and the Gunslinger stood before another tower.

A Dark one.

And in the distance, coming around that Tower was a man.

A Man in Black.

HIS Man in Black. He'd somehow hitched a ride to this other universe. "This place... it's brilliant isn't it? A near duplicate. It means I get to kill all of you all over again." He was dressed in that black long coat with a black cowboy hat, jeans and boots. He brought a guitar out of nowhere.

"The Ruler of this universe and I have something in common; we both appreciate music. So I'm going to make you wait until I finish my song before you strike out at me, Gunslinger..."

Meanwhile, Doreen and Deadpool had gotten to the tower, and thanks to Cezanne, Degah, Goya and Picasso ( The Friendly Mutant Ninja Squirrels ) the pair had gained entrance.

"Uhh... where'd everyone go?" Doreen asked.
"Side quests. Don't worry, they'll be along in time to help us take the main baddie down. Let's go." Deadpool replied.
"Oh, okay."

@Breach @Drixe @Gands @LuckycoolHawk9 @Ringmaster @Sonevar

Last edited:
Hercules Lion of Olympus

Hercules recognized the look in Brighid's eyes, a dangerous angry animal look. But, first things first. As the two entities now both turned towards her. He yelled at the other two nearby.

" Lucifer, Spawn... go now.... get out of here, we'll handle this. "

With that he attacked with Brighid, inviting his own fury at the harming of his friend. The shield of Athena on one arm and his mace in the other hand.

If they were both conscious at the end of this fight, he fully intended to start up a song. He hoped there was enough of his friend Brighid left in there to understand the sentiment.

Constantine smiled as he rose. His bespelled jacket and suit smoking he gripped the talisman in his pocket full of the strange warlock's power from the blast. He saw the mysterious dark one, he thought he saw the gunslinger... but no...maybe? He listened as the blowhard monolouged. Growing tired of the repeating cycle of villains and their speeches, he used the stolen power in the talisman. He spouted archaic phrases that even he didn't remember learning, wrapping tri-fold chains of the warlock's energy around the dark one's ankles and wrists tying him to the ground wondering if the chains would actually hold. As the speech cut off and the struggling and screaming began, he also slapped a binding of power around the dark one's mouth, cutting off the noise. He left the dark stranger tethered like a writhing black statue trussed up for a returning gunslinger or whatever other fate came for him, or so he hoped. With that, he turned, his nerves spiking as he put his back to the dark one, his hands stuffing into his jacket pockets, he began to whistle in order to cover, hoping he had enough time to walk away into another Synchronicity wave.

Lucifer Morningstar

Lucifer looked at Hercules and then back at Brigid. " I understand that your intentions are good and you believe in the power of love saving the day, but there is a much better and direct approach, Miss Brigid, I don't think you desire to hurt anyone and you just desired to help us," he replied, hoping that he was able to use his powers in this way, uncertain if this would work, but he had to try at least.

@Michale CS @Gands

Bob watched the ultron clones dance studying thier dance moves, while near perfect they were cold an robotic like the clones themselfs. Bob knew he had to get it perfect, but with passion instead. He clapped after the dance, they were a great troupe.

He then turns to his group of..ewoks? Shaking his head he says to them in his tounge " hope you can dance brothers. The second he says brothers he gets an idea. Brotherhood why didnt he think of that, probably the deadpool outfit. He smiles and turns to the robots.

"Gentlemen the song is behind blue eys by the who, and lose the hoods for now. The other minions remove the hoods and take position. The ultron clones nod and when given the nod play the song. The minions dance slowly filling as much shared pain of being history's stooges as possible into the song. While not as technical as the bot's routine its more meaning full.

As the song ends the clones clap in respect, and bob looks to the one he attacked. " I'm sorry i didn't see you as a tribemen brother, how can i make this up to you" bob says.

• Nice Execution!
Spawn stares at Lucifer, who is trying to stop Brigid with words, and thinks he is trying to use some kind of charm on Brigid. Spawn shifts his cape into four bat like wings, so he could grab Lucifer and escape to the tower as fast as possible. Spawn does not doubt the strength of Lucifer charm, but it is always good to be ready for trouble.So, he will waited until something goes wrong and grab Lucifer.

Deadpool Domino Cable.jpg
So... this almost died. Kind of like me. But don't worry, we're just going to recap things here and move on. Deep breath aaand... here we go.

First off, between Lucifer's otherworldly charm and the cheesy 80's love song by Hercules, Brigid is talked out of her Wolverine-like rage and stops the killing before anyone on the good guys side dies.

Constantine found his way back to where group - somehow, but the Gunslinger didn't rejoin the group. Probably locked in another battle with Christopher Walken... wait that's not right. It has something to do with walking... whatever he's gone at least for now.

Bob made amends with all of the yellow pill guys, even the Ultron ones, and Spawn's plan... sort of worked? A for effort my friend. The end result is the Redeemer got torn a new one by Brigid, and the remaining opposition around the tower was finished up.

Meanwhile, Doreen and I snuck into the Tower stole the Orb, and bailed. There may or may not have been a lot of explosives involved, and a lot of screaming, running, cussing and the rest of the whole team may have had to work together to take down the hot chick version of Ultron.

Then we all took Airwolf back to the Fortress of Solitude - wow, theres's a sentence I thought I'd never say, let me do it again...

Then, we all took Airwolf back to the Fortress of Solitude - Yup, still awesome - and gave the Orb to Nyx.

Which brings us back to... which doohickey are you all going after next while Nyx works on both editing reality and getting rid of my cancer and scars - payment for the Orb remember?

But, while you're thinking - and yes I'm going to make you page back to before this whole shindig started to look at your choices, here's another awesome music video of me.

@Gands @Drixe @Sonevar @Breach @LuckycoolHawk9

Reactions: Gands
Lucifer Morningstar

Lucifer rolled his eyes. " Is there a reason to recap everything we just experienced in detail? We lived it, so we know what happened, Deadpool. Miss Brigid, you mentioned that you had a preference for the spear of Destiny? It seems that it would be a good time to get that and save the last item, the book of Eternity, though Miss Nyx, you never did get back to me. Where exactly is the Book of Eternity?" He asked.

@Gands @Drixe @Sonevar @Breach @Michale CS

Bob sits down and waits while the group decides where to go next, he dosen't care either way. Looking to Constantine he says in minionese " i need your help. You do magic right? How good are you at restoring memories?"

Hercules Lion of Olympus

The big man wrapped an arm around his friend Brighid.

"My friend here has suggested we try the Spear next. As my friend Fandral would say, that's good enough for me ! "

" What say you strange little yellow man ? "