ALWAYS OPEN Little Blackbird | Sign Up & OOC

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!

MissyMay

Minor Being of Mayhem
Original poster
Invitation Status
  1. Look for groups
  2. Looking for partners
Posting Speed
  1. Multiple posts per day
  2. 1-3 posts per day
  3. One post per day
  4. Multiple posts per week
Writing Levels
  1. Give-No-Fucks
Preferred Character Gender
  1. No Preferences
Genres
Fantasy, Science Fiction, Historical Fiction, Paranormal, and Horror
Little Blackbird

This is a dark gothic fantasy story based in the town of Arkley known and yet not for its odd citizens and mysterious past. The town was founded around four hundred years ago by three families - The Whitmores, the Flemings, and the Mulvahils. Each family is known for their own special brand of peculiarity - The Whitmores like outsiders a bit too much, the Flemings seem to flinch at the sight of the sun, and the Mulvahils are far too obsessed with bodies of water. The truth of the matter is that they are not human - never have been, really. Then again, few in this little town are humans and those that are were practically cast out from normal society for one reason or another.

This town of otherworldly creatures and odd little humans rarely sees travelers or tourists save for once a year. At the tail end of the autumn season, Arkley hosts a grand festival open to any and all called the Festival of Spirits. It is a magnificent three day event to honor the founding families and all those who have passed on. There is music, performances, costumes, and contests! And at the end of it all: The Whitmore Masquerade; where at the end, guests of honor are asked to bring the festival to a close by taking a candle to Maybelle's Grove and honoring the first person to die in Arkley. Most never notice the ghostly blackbird that watches them as they traverse the forest. They never notice their hosts slipping away into the shadows. And they never notice when a young girl cries in mourning. Most never make it past the first hour of the hunt.

You see, long ago a young girl named Maybelle died. Her father couldn't let her death go and made a deal with something even monsters considered abnormal. It brought her back in the form of a phantom, doomed to forever haunt the forest she died in. Its price for this boon? The man's family would forever be beholden to it. Every year on the night she died, all members of the Whitmore family past the age of sixteen must complete a sacrifice or the creature would take their souls away.

• The Basics

I'm fairly new to this site, but not new to running these types of groups. In fact, this is an overhaul of one of my first ever groups and actually one I had plans to turn into a book, but dropped before writing. I have a lot of information about this world and a general plot for us all to follow, but I have plans to change things around based on the characters you create and the actions they take. I would like this role play to help you explore more into your characters in a dark fantasy setting. There is going to be violence, gore, death, and so much tragedy that this will probably be incredibly edgy.

The rules are the same general ones you'd find everywhere - No godmodding of any kind, no perfect characters, follow the site rules, and don't bully or harass people ooc. As for posting, I would like at least two paragraphs for each post and one post every two weeks at the least. A member of a founding family counts as a citizen. However, you can have up to four characters currently.

The story is loosely planned to follow the idea of your characters, the travelers and the citizens, getting to know each other over the course of the festival. The travelers will realize that people are hiding something, but can't quite figure out what. Each traveler character will enter a raffle where a few will be selected to take the walk to Maybelle's Grove where they will be hunted by the characters of the Whitmore family. From there, they will work to get out of the forest while the others are told what is happening and try to get in to help. The citizens will either work to stop them or help them. Or, at least, that's the general idea.

This is a dark victorian/gothic-esque fantasy setting...which was kinda based off Bloodbourne. This means that things will get dark and dreary. Know this before deciding - there is no happy ending and someone will lose. So, if you want what I'm hoping will be an emotional ride full of future emotional damage for your characters, look no further.

• Character Info

There are many playable roles and there should be enough founding family members for everyone to have one. The founding families all play a rather vital role and are all in on the hunt, though the Whitmores are the only ones to actively participate in it. The three families are very much designed to be morally gray or downright evil in some cases, but I encourage you to forge your own path for your character. There are NPCs that can still push the plot where it needs to go.

Oh! Before I forget, your characters can also be supernatural creatures. I even have a list ready to go as I would like them to follow a less modernized version of the creatures. You are, of course, free to add to the list. Just give me the rundown of your idea and we'll see about getting the creature to fit into the world.

You can have up to four characters. I will make npc's if we do not have enough people to enter the forest.

The Founding Families:
    There are three families that built Arkley - The Whitmores, the Flemings, and the Mulvahils. Each family has their own dark history and their own curse to bear. The Whitmores are beholden to a creature called Decay that turned them into shapeshifters. There will be four roles available for this family. The Flemings are cursed with vampirism that any who join the family is infected with as it is bound not to their blood, but to their name. There will be two roles available for this family. The Mulvahils are the descendants of the last true siren making them an endangered species. There will be two roles available for this family.

The Travelers:
    There are people born outside of Arkley who have traveled here for one reason or another. There is no limit on this role.

The Citizens:
    These are people who were born in Arkley or came here and decided to stay. They know or suspect the truth of this festival. Some might even be in on it - this is a rather tight knit town, afterall. There is no limit on this role.

I have the lore, species, and magic systems all written out. I am working on putting it all together into something that actually looks nice. Below is the link to the google docs which has everything you need to know. I will also link the other threads here when they are up.

Song Playlists:​

All Character Roles
Below is a list of all roles and the characters filling those roles. Feel free to reserve any spots!

The Whitmore Family
Myron Whitmore | Son of Waverly Whitmore (@MissyMay)
Amarantha Withmore | Daughter of Minerva Whitmore & Forrest Monaghan (@SilverPaw)
Armand Whitmore | Son of Ambrose Whitmore & Anais Bouchard (@Bahiyya)
Majna Whitmore | Child of Serena Whitmore(@StarlightStarbright)
Horace Whitmore | Child of Waverly Whitmore (@The Lotus Archives)

The Fleming Family
Nikolas Fleming | Son of Sydney & Theresa Fleming (@cry)
Rivka Fleming | Daughter of Claude & Neil Fleming (@cowboyclown)

The Mulvahil Family
Gladiolus Mulvahil | Daughter of Lacey & Edgar Mulvahil (@Ai-in Ayan)
Nerina Mulvahil | Daughter of Lucia & Carmela Mulvahil (@Princess Rose)

Travelers
Felix Fletcher | Merchant Thief (@MissyMay)
Laverne Wycliffe | Journalist's Apprentice (@MissyMay)
Penelope Albrecht | Novelist (@cry)
Jamil De Bosque | Performer/Drag Queen (@StarlightStarbright)
Mizuko Ryu | Traveling Noble (@The Lotus Archives)
Onne | Guardian (@The Lotus Archives)
Olenn Jordenson | Stable Keeper (@Luther)

Citizens
Mina Delagney | Constable (@MissyMay)
Hyacinth Adventurine | Butler/Bodyguard (@Ai-in Ayan)
Amir Bijan | Owner of the Achaemenes (@The Lotus Archives)
Oleander Valcourt | School Teacher (@cry)
Baron Grady | Surgeon (@Luther)

Character Info & Sheets
You are open to make whatever type of character your wish so long as they at least loosely fit into the setting and can explain why they are the way they are. You can make a time traveler, you can make a woman literally haunted by the ghosts of her past, you can make a sarcastic man cursed to be a hairless cat. You can even make the mortal reincarnation of one of this worlds gods... though I do ask that you request something like that first. The only limit is your imagination and the world setting. If you want to add or make up a new species, please ask me and we can create some info for it. I also changed the rule so that you only have to make one character if you want to, but four is your maximum limit as of right now. My only ask is that you avoid making overpowered characters without reason or weakness.

I'm not particular about how you set up your character sheets. I only really care about a name, age, story role (traveler, citizen, founding family), a detailed backstory and the answer to the three questions. I would prefer semi-realistic art, realistic art, or real people as face claims. Below is a basic character sheet you can use.

Feel free to ask me any questions. I'll answer asap.

Name:
Species:
Sexuality:
Role:
Personality:
Backstory:
If your character is a traveler, would you be okay with them entering the forest after the festival?

If your character is a citizen, do they know the truth of the festival and how do they feel about that?

If your character is a member of a founding family, would they attempt to help or hinder the travelers?

@SilverPaw @fauxklimt @Dusk
Just in case you guys are still interested or want a look at the lore (google docs) before committing,
I also changed the rule on the character limit so you only have to make one, but can still make up to four.​

Last edited:
So, I would like some opinions and/or suggestions on some things from you guys.

Firstly, I am currently creating the NPCs for the Founding Families which will include the parents and grandparents. I have already written for Whitmore and Fleming family and I am currently working on the Mulvahil. I have tried to base the parents off your characters, but if you guys have any recommendations I would love to hear them. I was also wondering if you have any NPC ideas that you would like added. I currently have three non founding family NPCs - Mayor Audra Turner, Morwenna, and Doctor Dacey Barnett.

Second, I do have the rp plotted out but before we start I wanted to ask if there was anything anyone wanted to suggest? I would be happy to add some things here and there.

And third, would you guys like a playlist? Weird question, I know but music helps me when I'm writing so I figured I'd offer you a playlist that helped me create this whole story. Thinking about it, I'd probably have to adjust it and take out the songs for the other stories based in this world but I've been meaning to do that anyway. I need to stop procrastinating :'D
Addressing your first point: I would need more information before I can give my opinion, so I would love to hear what you've written down for each NPC character! Give me a bit of time and I should be able to come up with a few more NPC ideas too! I just woke up so my brain is a bit fuzzy, hehe.

Moving on to your second point: Same situation as the first; I would need information on the plot. It's honestly a good idea to disclose some of the plot for our knowledge. While surprises can be fun, roleplay I feel thrives off of the collective collaboration of the plot creators and the plot actors.

To your final point. Yes. Create the playlist! Hand it over please! Honestly I'm probably going to create a playlist for Majna and her headmates so maybe we should create a little post in this forum that lists all the playlists for each character that everyone created, and maybe like duo playlists/playlists that are supposed to represent two characters friendship/familial bond/romance!

Now, I'd like to ask you a question myself: What general time period equivalent would Little Blackbird's world be in? Renaissance? Medieval? Victorian? Regency? 20th century? I'm asking this because I want to know what kind of technology would exist within the world and what kind of technology would, in fact, NOT exist; as well as what kind of outfits I should use for reference when redesigning Majna's outfit (because I'm not happy with her current outfit, so bland!) and, in the future, when designing the other character's outfits on the off chance I decide to draw them OR recreate them in the Sims 4!
I do have the NPC list in my code testing thread if you would like to look at the ones that are done. The Mulvahils are still being written and I haven't started on the three other NPC's either.

As for the plot, I do have plans to reveal some of that soon actually! I have unfortunately procrastinated in writing that all out and it is currently in my notebook. Below is the basics :D

To start, my plan is to have five chapters - the first is the Day of the Rose for the Flemings which characters will get to know each other and participate in the events of the day (the market, the raffle, the lantern vigil, etc.). The second is the Day of the Water Lily for the Mulvahils which an NPC (Doctor Dacey Barnett) will reveal some things to the group of Travelers that makes them begin to question things. The third chapter is the Day of the Chrysanthemum for the Whitmores which will pretty much start at the Masquerade and will be the whole hunt or hunted arc. This is where characters can die, technically, but something strange happens and the hunting ground (the fog that surrounds the forest) expands and nearly breaks. It basically means that everyone is now beholden to the curse, but the fog and the hunt doesn't end when the sun rises. Chapter four is basically a panic fest where everyone bands together to either solve the issue or keep each other safe or cause as much chaos as they can. I, of course, am very interested to see how this will play out with our cast of characters. This chapter ends in a bit of a surprise that I'm still fleshing out. The fifth and final chapter is meant to be an epilogue - a goodbye to Arkley and the characters within it. And depending on how well this all goes, it may very well be the start of another rp that takes place in the same world.

I hope that made sense. I promise I'll actually write this all out in a google doc in a way that actually looks fleshed out.

I'll be sure to link the playlist soon! I'm probably gonna add to it as well.

As for your question: The general time period is Victorian Gothic (1837 - 1901), but it is rather fantasy based as well. Things like the steam engine, the printing press, and a primitive version of the telephone would exist. There should also be electricity and trains. There might also be steam coaches (might be wrong on that one) but a small town like Arkley is unlikely to have them nor were they used much. If you're curious about weapons then muskets and rifles are a good start. Revolvers, swords (most blades actually), Bayonets, and rudimentary body armor. As for fashion, I will accept anything Victorian, Steampunk, or Victorian Fantasy so it doesn't have to be perfectly historically accurate.
Ooooh this tells me a lot. Thanks! Things like the bicycle, the x-ray, moving pictures, radioactive material, anesthesia, the typewriter, and the zeppelin were invented within that broad timeframe. Rodenstock GmbH produced the first sunglasses intended specifically for blocking out UV light. Lots of stuff was going on then!
You're not wrong about the steam coach being a thing by the way. It was actually invented a bit before the 1830s.

Other than that, I love what you've written out for the plot and the NPC characters! I actually have an idea for an NPC character or two. Perhaps a milkman and a graveyard keeper of some kind?
Yup! It's a really interesting time period.

I like the idea for the graveyard keeper! I'll need to do some research into how graveyards were ran back then. The milkman idea has sent me on a spiral of researching Victorian refrigeration. There was actually an icebox - an insolated cabinet with a large block of ice in it which would also be delivered daily. This somehow lead to me thinking that the milk man is also the ice man who is a shapeshifter that can turn into a Clydesdale horse and transports his own carriage.

Edit: His name shall be Phil.

Firstly, I am currently creating the NPCs for the Founding Families which will include the parents and grandparents. I have already written for Whitmore and Fleming family and I am currently working on the Mulvahil. I have tried to base the parents off your characters, but if you guys have any recommendations I would love to hear them. I was also wondering if you have any NPC ideas that you would like added. I currently have three non founding family NPCs - Mayor Audra Turner, Morwenna, and Doctor Dacey Barnett.

Second, I do have the rp plotted out but before we start I wanted to ask if there was anything anyone wanted to suggest? I would be happy to add some things here and there.

And third, would you guys like a playlist? Weird question, I know but music helps me when I'm writing so I figured I'd offer you a playlist that helped me create this whole story. Thinking about it, I'd probably have to adjust it and take out the songs for the other stories based in this world but I've been meaning to do that anyway. I need to stop procrastinating :'D
Addressing your first point: I would need more information before I can give my opinion, so I would love to hear what you've written down for each NPC character! Give me a bit of time and I should be able to come up with a few more NPC ideas too! I just woke up so my brain is a bit fuzzy, hehe.

Moving on to your second point: Same situation as the first; I would need information on the plot. It's honestly a good idea to disclose some of the plot for our knowledge. While surprises can be fun, roleplay I feel thrives off of the collective collaboration of the plot creators and the plot actors.

To your final point. Yes. Create the playlist! Hand it over please! Honestly I'm probably going to create a playlist for Majna and her headmates so maybe we should create a little post in this forum that lists all the playlists for each character that everyone created, and maybe like duo playlists/playlists that are supposed to represent two characters friendship/familial bond/romance!

Now, I'd like to ask you a question myself: What general time period equivalent would Little Blackbird's world be in? Renaissance? Medieval? Victorian? Regency? 20th century? I'm asking this because I want to know what kind of technology would exist within the world and what kind of technology would, in fact, NOT exist; as well as what kind of outfits I should use for reference when redesigning Majna's outfit (because I'm not happy with her current outfit, so bland!) and, in the future, when designing the other character's outfits on the off chance I decide to draw them OR recreate them in the Sims 4!
I do have the NPC list in my code testing thread if you would like to look at the ones that are done. The Mulvahils are still being written and I haven't started on the three other NPC's either.

As for the plot, I do have plans to reveal some of that soon actually! I have unfortunately procrastinated in writing that all out and it is currently in my notebook. Below is the basics :D

To start, my plan is to have five chapters - the first is the Day of the Rose for the Flemings which characters will get to know each other and participate in the events of the day (the market, the raffle, the lantern vigil, etc.). The second is the Day of the Water Lily for the Mulvahils which an NPC (Doctor Dacey Barnett) will reveal some things to the group of Travelers that makes them begin to question things. The third chapter is the Day of the Chrysanthemum for the Whitmores which will pretty much start at the Masquerade and will be the whole hunt or hunted arc. This is where characters can die, technically, but something strange happens and the hunting ground (the fog that surrounds the forest) expands and nearly breaks. It basically means that everyone is now beholden to the curse, but the fog and the hunt doesn't end when the sun rises. Chapter four is basically a panic fest where everyone bands together to either solve the issue or keep each other safe or cause as much chaos as they can. I, of course, am very interested to see how this will play out with our cast of characters. This chapter ends in a bit of a surprise that I'm still fleshing out. The fifth and final chapter is meant to be an epilogue - a goodbye to Arkley and the characters within it. And depending on how well this all goes, it may very well be the start of another rp that takes place in the same world.

I hope that made sense. I promise I'll actually write this all out in a google doc in a way that actually looks fleshed out.

As for your question: The general time period is Victorian Gothic (1837 - 1901), but it is rather fantasy based as well. Things like the steam engine, the printing press, and a primitive version of the telephone would exist. There should also be electricity and trains. There might also be steam coaches (might be wrong on that one) but a small town like Arkley is unlikely to have them nor were they used much. If you're curious about weapons then muskets and rifles are a good start. Revolvers, swords (most blades actually), Bayonets, and rudimentary body armor. As for fashion, I will accept anything Victorian, Steampunk, or Victorian Fantasy so it doesn't have to be perfectly historically accurate.
Ooooh this tells me a lot. Thanks! Things like the bicycle, the x-ray, moving pictures, radioactive material, anesthesia, the typewriter, and the zeppelin were invented within that broad timeframe. Rodenstock GmbH produced the first sunglasses intended specifically for blocking out UV light. Lots of stuff was going on then!
You're not wrong about the steam coach being a thing by the way. It was actually invented a bit before the 1830s.

Other than that, I love what you've written out for the plot and the NPC characters! I actually have an idea for an NPC character or two. Perhaps a milkman and a graveyard keeper of some kind?

I like the idea for the graveyard keeper! I'll need to do some research into how graveyards were ran back then. The milkman idea has sent me on a spiral of researching Victorian refrigeration. There was actually an icebox - an insolated cabinet with a large block of ice in it which would also be delivered daily. This somehow lead to me thinking that the milk man is also the ice man who is a shapeshifter that can turn into a Clydesdale horse and transports his own carriage.
This is the best idea I have seen in my entire life. Horse milk and ice man? Yes!

Oh! What about a young chimney sweeper or two? Some of the houses in Arkley have to have fireplaces! (Also a younger teen character for Majna to lowkey crush on would be funny and cute, lol.)

This is the best idea I have seen in my entire life. Horse milk and ice man? Yes!

Oh! What about a young chimney sweeper or two? Some of the houses in Arkley have to have fireplaces! (Also a younger teen character for Majna to lowkey crush on would be funny and cute, lol.)
That sounds good. I'm gonna go ahead and get started on the NPCs again!

• Love
Reactions: StarlightStarbright

Ooh, I adore the NPCs, great work. Love that you integrated our PCs lore in them! No recommendations, just ideas for how Amarantha is currently with her parents: for her father, whether she knows about *his* research or not, she'd have probably asked him for help with magic when she was first starting out. I have this idea that she'd preserved her brother's body in an enchanted coffin or some such so that he wouldn't rot, with the hopes of discovering a way to reanimate his body and call his soul back to it to reunite body and soul (advanced magic obv., but that's what she'd be researching). For her mother, she'd offer a way of speaking to Art (in as much as that can be done given his soul/spirit is in Decay's realm) if it was helpful to her.

Other than that, no other inputs from me. I'll leave the decision for a playlist to you.

Ooh, I adore the NPCs, great work. Love that you integrated our PCs lore in them! No recommendations, just ideas for how Amarantha is currently with her parents: for her father, whether she knows about *his* research or not, she'd have probably asked him for help with magic when she was first starting out. I have this idea that she'd preserved her brother's body in an enchanted coffin or some such so that he wouldn't rot, with the hopes of discovering a way to reanimate his body and call his soul back to it to reunite body and soul (advanced magic obv., but that's what she'd be researching). For her mother, she'd offer a way of speaking to Art (in as much as that can be done given his soul/spirit is Decay's realm) if it was helpful to her.

Other than that, no other inputs from me. I'll leave the decision for a playlist to you.
Thank you!

As for Amarantha and her parents; Forrest would likely tell his daughter about his work, especially after his daughter asked for help with persevering Art's body. For Minerva, I don't imagine it would be helpful. Where it seems that Forrest and Amarantha grew determined to change fate, Minerva just kinda shut down. Hearing the voice of a son that, as far as she's aware, will never come back would only send her spiraling again.

I'll update Forrest to include the enchanted coffin thing if that's cool with you?

Ooh, I adore the NPCs, great work. Love that you integrated our PCs lore in them! No recommendations, just ideas for how Amarantha is currently with her parents: for her father, whether she knows about *his* research or not, she'd have probably asked him for help with magic when she was first starting out. I have this idea that she'd preserved her brother's body in an enchanted coffin or some such so that he wouldn't rot, with the hopes of discovering a way to reanimate his body and call his soul back to it to reunite body and soul (advanced magic obv., but that's what she'd be researching). For her mother, she'd offer a way of speaking to Art (in as much as that can be done given his soul/spirit is Decay's realm) if it was helpful to her.

Thank you!

As for Amarantha and her parents; Forrest would likely tell his daughter about his work, especially after his daughter asked for help with persevering Art's body. For Minerva, I don't imagine it would be helpful. Where it seems that Forrest and Amarantha grew determined to change fate, Minerva just kinda shut down. Hearing the voice of a son that, as far as she's aware, will never come back would only send her spiraling again.

I'll update Forrest to include the enchanted coffin thing if that's cool with you?

Yes, of course! And tbh, I figured Minerva would only be hurt by that, but Amarantha would still have asked. Seeing it didn't help, she'd promise to bring Art back, and console her as best she could, but she'd mostly focus on her reasearch. (Idk if Amy could trust any of the other mages in town to help, but it's a potential for connections/developments).

I don't have much to add that others haven't already brought up, but I'd just like to applaud you for how much you've put into this roleplay already. Having an NPC list develop based on our characters is kind of amazing, and I'm really enjoying reading through everyone's characters and their families. I think Sydney and Theresa are wonderful for the vibe I was going for Niko, and Myron's dynamic after losing his wife is really realistic in my mind.

I think in terms of suggestions, I'm not very creative in terms of NPCs but wanted to ask if Niko would have had someone he was appreciated under as a tailor? I don't imagine him to have his own shop just yet.

Also, all the playlists, please <3

I don't have much to add that others haven't already brought up, but I'd just like to applaud you for how much you've put into this roleplay already. Having an NPC list develop based on our characters is kind of amazing, and I'm really enjoying reading through everyone's characters and their families. I think Sydney and Theresa are wonderful for the vibe I was going for Niko, and Myron's dynamic after losing his wife is really realistic in my mind.

I think in terms of suggestions, I'm not very creative in terms of NPCs but wanted to ask if Niko would have had someone he was appreciated under as a tailor? I don't imagine him to have his own shop just yet.

Thank you! I'm so glad everyone seems to like the NPCs so far. RIP to the Fleming family though, they really seem have very bad luck in love. Every. last. one. of them. I'm glad Sydney and Theresa match well with Niko! I'll be honest, Theresa threw me for a loop while trying to make her at least somewhat believable. I assume you also meant Waverly? Myron is my character and Waverly's son. I actually plan to expand Waverly's backstory a bit as it feels a bit flat compared to his siblings.

I can make a tailor! I had an idea for an NPC that didn't fit into any role I had before and a tailor is a great fit for her.

I will link the playlist soon! I want to also add everyone's (those that have them, at least) theme songs to a second one just for the vibes honestly.

I'll have to come up with a good theme song for Majna and her headmates!

Actually, @MissyMay. Speaking of Majna, do you think there could be a slim possibility that Ambrose after five years of avoiding Majna like the plague, slowly starts to like…insert himself in her life? Maybe with age his stance on outsiders mellowed out a little bit, or maybe Armand talks about Majna so dang much that Ambrose starts warming up to the idea of ACTUALLY being a father to this mentally Ill kid.
The peak comedy in this burly man that can transform into a bear trying to appear slightly less intimidating and awkwardly conversing with this small teenager he had avoided interacting with all this time would be gold. I don't know.

EDIT: Majna and her headmates' theme song is "How to Disappear Completely" by Radiohead. Great song to represent how difficult the disassociation from having DID is.

Last edited:
I'll have to come up with a good theme song for Majna and her headmates!

Actually, @MissyMay. Speaking of Majna, do you think there could be a slim possibility that Ambrose after five years of avoiding Majna like the plague, slowly starts to like…insert himself in her life? Maybe with age his stance on outsiders mellowed out a little bit, or maybe Armand talks about Majna so dang much that Ambrose starts warming up to the idea of ACTUALLY being a father to this mentally Ill kid.
The peak comedy in this burly man that can transform into a bear trying to appear slightly less intimidating and awkwardly conversing with this small teenager he had avoided interacting with all this time would be gold. I don't know.
Hmm... There could be a possibility, yeah. I can't imagine his stance on outsiders changing, but he could slowly begin to view Majna as Serena's actual child which, in his mind, means that Majna is slowly becoming his as well. Plus five years is long enough for most people to be consider an outsider as a citizen instead. I could also tweak some things if need be - Alzheimer's can began as early as thirty years old. I mean, he could literally forget that he didn't agree to adopt Majna, especially if Serena lies to him. Armand could also pester Ambrose enough or even threaten to disown his own father for his actions. Ambrose truly does love his son and would likely make an effort in that case. You'd have to talk to @Bahiyya for that route though.

Those are all I could come up with for now, but I'll give it some more thought if you don't like any of those!

• This Gives Me Plot Bunnies
Oooh interesting! @Bahiyya, I'm looking forward to your thoughts on this!

And overall I'm so, so excited for this RP to start! The drama will be legendary!
I should hurry up and work on my obligatory traveler OC. I know for a fact that I'm going to create him to serve. 👁️👄👁️💅

IMG_9732.png
Traveler OC Sneakpeak!

• Love
Reactions: Bahiyya

WIll it be alright if I take up the sirens? Maybe the grabdfather and a few of the workers/servants. Will be sending the NPC list

WIll it be alright if I take up the sirens? Maybe the grabdfather and a few of the workers/servants. Will be sending the NPC list
Do you mean like taking up the final Mulvahil spot or taking over creating the Mulvahil NPCs? You're free to the last spot for the Mulvahil family and free to create any workers or servants (NPC or Character wise), but I have already created the whole backstory and stuff for the grandfather. You can, of course, help me add onto his story if you would like!

Reactions: Ai-in Ayan
IMG_9735.png
Jamil De Bosque (Faye-Boulous)
Species: Human
Sexuality: Uranic

Tavern Performer/Drag Queen

Role:
Traveler

Personality:

Jamil, also known as the illustrious "Faye-Boulous", has brown locs, brown eyes, and a dark complexion. A small mole rests on his bottom lip. Outside of his performance and in public spaces he wears a simple white suit. When assuming the role of "Faye-Boulous" however, she wears a red and purple gown with yellow gloves.​
Jamil is incredibly sassy and determined. He knows what he likes, and he has the confidence to obtain it regardless of the obstacles in his way. Regardless of what identity Jamil assumes, he is rather feminine in his physical and social mannerisms, and he doesn't take any trash for it.

Fashion, Singing, Makeup, Gossip, Art, Bars and Taverns, Balls

Dislikes:
Cemeteries, Backtalk, Waking up Early, Temple Bells, Winter

Backstory:
Jamil was born into a patriotic family that revolved their entire reputation around birthing war-heros. Jamil, like his brothers before him, was heavily trained in self-defense and combat and marched off to the military at the ripe age of 14.
Jamil never had the opportunity to explore his inner self up until that point. He always abided by the wishes of his parents. Ironically, joining a squad of soldiers presented Jamil with more freedom to explore himself than he ever had before.
Jamil served his four years for his country and came back home "a sissy" as Jamil vividly remembered his father saying. Now disowned by his own family, Jamil struggled within the city he grew up in. He barely made it by each day on street performances until Jamil's mentor, who went by the stage-name of "May-Morable", took Jamil in and taught him the art of drag.
Jamil was given the name "Faye-Boulous" by his drag mother and flourished under the spotlight. He felt truly free to express himself at the various balls and events that May-Morable hosted. When Jamil's birth-city proved to be too easy a mark for his glory, he traveled across various towns and villages to spread his grace as far as he could.
That's how Jamil came upon Arkley: there's a stage to be filled in that shadowed villa, and Faye-Boulous is all up for the challenge of gathering the audience's attention AND wallets.

Since Jamil is a traveler, would you be okay with him entering the forest after the festival?
Yes! Jamil can pack quite a mean punch; he did serve in the military after all! It would be fun to portray this queen struggling through the forest and defending himself and others against the Whitmores.

[Finished!]
I hope this character is acceptable! Please let me know if I should make any changes!

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: MissyMay
Ok @MissyMay! I finished my Traveler OC's Bio. Let me know what you think and if there are any issues!

• Ah Seen It

Thank you! I'm so glad everyone seems to like the NPCs so far. RIP to the Fleming family though, they really seem have very bad luck in love. Every. last. one. of them. I'm glad Sydney and Theresa match well with Niko! I'll be honest, Theresa threw me for a loop while trying to make her at least somewhat believable. I assume you also meant Waverly? Myron is my character and Waverly's son. I actually plan to expand Waverly's backstory a bit as it feels a bit flat compared to his siblings.

I can make a tailor! I had an idea for an NPC that didn't fit into any role I had before and a tailor is a great fit for her.

I will link the playlist soon! I want to also add everyone's (those that have them, at least) theme songs to a second one just for the vibes honestly.
I did mean Waverly... What I get for trying to chat while tired. I think Theresa is just an "odd" person, so it makes sense that she and Sydney have a non-traditional relationship and courting period. Not everyone has parents who love each other deeply, and Niko just happens to be born into a cycle of too much love/death and his parents being the anomalies.

I peaked at the NPC list and, honestly, Niko needs someone who will smack him upside the head every now and again. He probably values Rosale as a mentor better than Sydney and Theresa at this point.

Hey @MissyMay! Real quick, have you made an advertisement banner for this roleplay? Or posted an advertisement in the Iwaku Discord Server?

Because if you haven't done either/are not a part of the discord server in the latter case, I can make a banner and post an advertisement in the discord for you, if you're ok with that? If you're accepting of the former, are there any elements you want me to specifically add within the banner? Specific backgrounds, colors, fonts, textures, etc?

Armand could also pester Ambrose enough or even threaten to disown his own father for his actions. Ambrose truly does love his son and would likely make an effort in that case.
Oooh interesting! @Bahiyya, I'm looking forward to your thoughts on this!
Sorry for the delayed reply! And I would say that while Armand wouldn't threaten to disown his father, he would guilt trip Ambrose into trying to know Majna, because he still blames his father for his first kill. It would be more like: "Have I not proven myself enough to you? If you have any sort of love or respect for me, you would do this one thing." That sort of thing.