Marvel's Academy Alliance (OOC)

L

LocalAreaMan

Original poster

Although back in the 1940s there were legendary names such as the All-American war hero Captain America, The Howling Commandos, the android Human Torch, and others. By the end of World War II things in the US and abroad seemingly slowed back down to a normal pace. Even the discovery of the X-Gene in the mid 70s was kept under wraps to the general public. Only becoming a frantic conspiracy theory that super-human people were in wait to destroy us and take over the world. A message still being played out by people such as J. Jonah Jameson on his program Reality Wars.

In the present day though things may be growing more hectic than people realize. The organization S.H.I.E.L.D., an acronym for Strategic Homeland Intervention, Enforcement and Logistics Division. Has been keeping up with developments and although efforts to suppress the more dangerous problems facing the world. The fact of the matter remains that with super-humans are on the rise. Both good in spirit, and those much more devious.

To that end, S.H.I.E.L.D. began conducting studies and in depth searches for the best and brightest young super-humans to recruit to counter any and all dangers lurking. Interestingly they found a small but concentrated group in an unlikely place.

Manhattan Academy, in the heart of New York City.

A prestigious private school, Manhattan Academy only accepts the best and brightest into its ranks. Although it does have a special lottery for those less fortunate around the city a chance to enroll. Unknown to just about everyone though, the academy had just recently been bought out by S.H.I.E.L.D. with a new dean put into place. Although the dean is named Robert Smith, some of the older staff at the academy have noted the man's striking resemblance to a certain legendary Super-Soldier of World War II.

The new school year is beginning, and things are about to get really interesting….

Rules

1. This is meant to be a new alternate reality of the Marvel Universe (World - 5219). Where most of the known figures are still in high school age and attending classes. A group of them are attending Manhattan Academy, where S.H.I.E.L.D. and their new soon to be boss Steve Rogers. Plan on bringing them into a new program to help fight crime and super-powered issues.

2. All characters are 9th through 12th grade, and although the point of the school is for those athletically or intellectually gifted. More normal students can make it in through a special entrance lottery the school conducts for first year students.

3. Within reason (IE don't just turn say Wolverine into an actual wolverine or anything too insane), one of the main things about this RP is allowing remodeling of Marvel heroes and villains. Since a lot of them are going to have to be changed around to even be young enough to go to High School. You can mess with their backstory and personality, even their appearance.

4. The GM does have final say on all modifications, as stated earlier, don't go too crazy.

5. The only characters who are unselectable at the moment are Nick Fury, Phil Coulson (Both still running things at S.H.I.E.L.D.), Steve Rogers (The group's headmaster/Academy Dean). More will be added to this rule to accommodate villains or necessary NPCs.

6. Even if the character canonically never had a secret disguise aspect to their character. For this one will be called for since they're suppose to remain appearing to be just everyday normal high schoolers outside of S.H.I.E.L.D.

7. The Academy itself is located in the heart of Manhattan, and is a popular spot for celebrities or politicians to put their kids. Though students come in each day from all five boroughs.

Character sheet

Full Name:

Alias:

Appearance: (For appearance and costume comic book/real images can be used along with descriptions)

Costume: (Their costume and how they look in it, remember the suit must have identity hiding properties to it.)

Hometown:

Grade: (9th through 12th only)

Side activities/clubs: (Do they have any school related stuff outside of the S.H.I.E.L.D.?)

Powers:

Skills: (What are things that they can do that will come in handy that aren't power related?)

Bio: (At least 1-2 paragraphs of their story up until now)

Notes: (Anything that needs to be noted that can't through the other parts)

Accepted characters

Reed Richards - Mr. Fantastic - Drewvonawesome
Benjamin Baker - Loki - Laivindur
Margaret Rogers - Captain America - Drewvonawesome
David Layton - Ghost - The Wanderer
Simon Williams - Wonder Man - Gands
Nico Minoru - Sister Grimm - Camleen
Raven Darkholme - Mystique - Ms.Ezra
Peter Parker - Spider-Man - mr_pibbs
Gwen Stacy - Spider-Girl - Brea
Matt Murdock - Daredevil - The Wanderer
Tony Stark - Iron Man - Brea
Molly Hayes - Princess Powerful - Camleen

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Laivindur
Am I posting my character sign up here, or send it to you in pm? This rp sounds interesting, and I may sign up if I manage to make up a character sheet for Loki ^^ It would be a reborn Loki, 'cause Loki did that. He doesn't wanna die, so he managed to keep himself alive by reincarnating himself again and again. So this seems like a perfect chance to explore that.
Also, there are two things I feel uncertain about. The first is how high schools work, since I originally come from Norway, the systems, schedules, holidays etc can be difficult for me to catch up on. I hope that won't be too much of a problem, and that I can keep up anyway. I've played some high school rps before, so I can manage. I just thought I should let you know of my weaknesses as a roleplayer.
Another thing: World 5219, does that mean anything more than just a modern marvel universe?
Thanks.

I literally just picked a random number for the universe, but yeah it's suppose to be a modern random Marvel Universe.

Okay. I will send you my sign up via pm. :) Are we three people so far?

Yeah, no idea where the two who showed interest in the interest check went.... I'm going to go ask them wtf and all that.

I am hyped!

Yeah right now I know I have Bruce Walters aka Hulk being worked on. I do want a second character though, I was considering Pietro, maybe a woman to help keep this out of the all man meat realm. I think I might go with Reed Richards though (Maybe Susan Storm turned into Ms. Fantastic?). Good little balance with the characters, and having Loki around to needle his lack of belief in magic should be entertainment.

Hahaha amazing! I would need to do some read up!

EDIT: Reed Richards is complete!

Full Name: Reed Richards

Alias: Mr. Fantastic

Appearance: To the outside world that may not know Reed or his powers. The young man looks a bit malnourished, gangly, and not very well kept. Although some of that is true, a lot of it also comes from his powers. Even before the incident that give him his elastic powers however. Reed in some ways already looked like someone who had been pulled taut on a torture rack. Standing at 6'2 Reed maintains a slender frame. It's more or less a side effect of his powers however, in reality Reed is in good shape, though even he admits that it leaves something to be desired. Reed's short brown hair is usually a bit unkempt looking though he has been trying to make an effort to make it look more presentable. Needing glasses for his nearsightedness, Reed does always sport a simple pair of rectangle thin black rimmed glasses. Outside of school and SHIELD work Reed usually just wears a shirt, khaki pants, and sneakers. Nothing too fancy looking, but more to be comfortable in.

Costume:
ultiverse_mr__fantastic_by_fakerobin99-dbe4no4.jpg

(Suit doesn't come with the four symbol since that's not a thing yet. He also wears a pair of wrap around goggles that not only act as identity protection, but also help Reed with his eyesight issues by being prescription based.)

Hometown: Seattle, Washington

Grade: 11th

Side activities/clubs: None, too busy

Powers: Reed's entire body possess an elasticity to it, that allow Reed to not only stretch any and all limbs on his body. But compress, expand, and even reshape himself to near complex shapes. Although he hasn't officially tested himself in a full scale capacity, Reed used complex equations and small scale experiments to deduce that the maximum he could stretch a single arm or leg would be approximately 150 miles. Though he could not figure out what would happen after such extreme lengths and frankly, he isn't comfortable finding out.

Skills: Although his super powers may be in his elastic body. Reed would confidently state that the real super power he has is his brain. Though he's not the type to brag (often), Reed does possess one of the sharpest minds in the world. With keen knowledge in numerous scientific studies, as well as an assortment of inventions and patents already in public use. Reed Richards is a genius in every sense of the word.

Bio: The oldest of three kids, even from a young age Reed Richards was surrounded by science. Reed's father Nathan Richards was considered a revolutionary astrophysicist by not just peers but the public at large. Writing books, starring in and producing TV specials, and being a public figure to enrich the world on the virtues of science.

Although Reed's younger siblings are both good guys by nature, it was only Reed who ever showed any true similar feelings that his father had in exploring the known and unknown. In fact, it didn't take long for Reed to even impress his parents to a startling degree. Even at a young age Reed was a genius in every sense of the word.

Growing up Reed even had numerous friends who were all predominate figures in the science world. His father Nathan was good close friends to two particular men and their families. Franklin Storm, a fellow astrophysicist, and Werner Von Damme, a chemist and heir to the Latverian throne. That meant when the three men spent time together Reed would usually be around Susan Storm, Johnny Storm, and Victor Von Damme. He got along with them well for the most part, Johnny was always kind of a doofus though.

When Reed turned 10 Reed's father was working late nights alone in his lab. Swearing he was on the verge of something truly groundbreaking. Until one night when all of the sudden Nathan Richards vanished. There was no trace of him leaving the house that night, and him and his wife had no real issues in their marriage. Still, the news devastated Reed and the rest of the family. Although they were financially solvent it was still hard to realize you lost someone so close, and without a clue as to where.

Reed took the news especially hard, and the fast track he was on through school came to a screeching halt. Soon Reed found himself being held back, and eventually in the same grade as other kids his age. Feeling that Reed needed a change of scenery. His mother moved the family from Seattle to New York City. Where soon Reed would find himself enrolled into Manhattan Academy. There he ended up reconnecting with Susan, Johnny, and Victor. The three had picked up on the project that Reed's father had left behind. But felt like even with their combined knowledge needed one more expert to complete the puzzle. That piece, naturally, had to be Reed.

Initially Reed wanted no part of his father's work. Believing that it was probably best left alone. However Susan talked to him personally one night and convinced him to try. Finally the four, along with Johnny's engineering friend Ben Grimm, began work on the project with funding from the Latverian government. The project was groundbreaking as Reed's father had predicted. Tapping into not fully understood cosmic energy sources. It was possible to be able to teleport anything, small or large, in a matter of seconds from one location to another through large chambers to control and harness the energy.

As the testing went on however, Victor began to show more and more signs of paranoia, grandeur, and even nearly came to blows with Johnny in an argument before Susan broke them up. Finally in a large field near the capital city of Latveria. The five were able to build two large scale machines to test. Although work was being made down to the smallest detail. Victor and Reed got into a debate on the day of testing. It was a small detail in coordinates but Victor was certain Reed's calculations were off. Even after Reed reentered the data repeatedly to make sure. Still Victor eventually got fluttered and left Reed to go ahead, but warned him if there was a mistake it would be on his head.

When nighttime came, the group began the test and although seemed to be working. With the single apple in place to be teleported. The experiment suddenly took a turn for the surreal. As the machine sending the teleportation malfunctioned and caused a rift that sucked all five of them through. Reed saw things in that rift he couldn't explain, couldn't even reason. Including at one point, a grizzled man he swore was his dad.

When Reed came too, he quickly realized two very important facts, one, he was slowly sliding down The Louvre glass structure in the middle of Paris, France. Secondly, something had just gone very, very wrong.

Although Reed was admitted into a hospital, he was released soon after and reunited with three of the other four. Victor was still nowhere to be found. Worse, all four of them began to exhibit strange powers. Susan could create nearly invisible walls and turn herself completely invisible, Johnny could seemingly turn himself into a living being of fire, and Ben could turn into a giant rock monster. Reed meanwhile realized that he could now stretch seemingly for miles.

When the four were able to return to New York they each made a vow to keep everything that had happened in Latveria a secret between them. They were each able to return to school, but Reed was now haunted by what had taken place. He blamed himself for the incident believing Victor was right. But with Susan, Ben, and even Johnny all keeping their powers under wraps and trying to go back to life as usual. Reed struggled to do likewise until the start of the new school year. When he was presented with an unusual offer.

Notes: Even with all of his scientific knowledge, Reed remains willfully clueless on all things mystical in nature. Stemming from a magic show his family went to on a trip to Las Vegas once. Reed quickly grew bored with the show and afterwards when the family met the magician Reed got in trouble when he laid out, perfectly without any prior knowledge. How every single one of the magician's tricks were done. To Reed, magic has always since then been a silly concept for silly people.

Hehe, interesting character. It seems you use punctuation instead of comma sometimes, and that makes it confusing to read, but other than that I like it! Loki's powers would definitely be something they would talk about.

Me neither. I hope we can learn and grow with each others' help :)

Yeah my writing isn't quite where it should be to be honest.

Still, I finished the bio and put it on there. I do think Loki and Reed are going to be interesting teammates. Though I'm sure at least once or twice Loki's going to use some magic to have a little fun at Reed's expense.

Thank you for accepting me :) Here's Benjamin for all of you to see. It is an edited and polished version, so Gm if you see any changes I've made that doesn't work, make sure to tell me and I'll fix it ; ) But for now, behold:
Edit: had to edit and redo a little bit after learning more about the universe itself.

Character:
Benjamin Baker, aka Loki, God of mischief.

Full name: Benjamin Baker.

Alias: Lightbringer. It is one of the less mentioned nicknames of his previous self, but it is one, and Benjamin means to bring it to a right.

Appearance: This youngster of a trickster has the same raven black hair, electric blue eyes and pale skin as his former self, however what once carried malice and hatred, now carry the will to do good, and have fun. When not wearing his superhero outfit, Benjamin wears clothes that matches his energy and self confidence. A mix of punk rock, and metal. He is 180 cm tall, and athletic in body shape.

Superhero costume: "What? A superhero can't wear white? I chose it because it is a symbol of a clean slate. It's harder to keep clean, but I guess it fits. I'm not who I was before, still I feel like I need to clean up everything he did, you know? Anyway, I chose these feathers on my head to honor big bro. I hope he approves. He always was the hero. I guess I just have to chance on being worthy of a shining armor too, huh? Ehehe, here, on my arms and legs. Even around my torso. It's not like it's gonna protect me against everything, Like Baldr's armor, but it keeps me shining bright as well as able to do those flips! You know what I'm talkin' about! What? The green scales on my chest plate? Well, I guess I should honor the old villain, too. I mean, if not for him I wouldn't be alive, and he kind of gave me his powers. That doesn't mean I support what he did! I mean to make up for that. Even though I know he wanted to do good, he didn't. But I will! I will make it right, and I wish everyone could see it! I'm not gonna break anymore rules though, right principle Rogers? Eheh. Anyway, I still haven't found something I like to hide my identity, but for now it's purely a white mask. I think it's got something to do with theater...? You know those newly born worms? What? We gotta move on? Oh, okay. My boots are black, and my sword is kind of a...a gift. Can I keep it?"
tumblr_ne9fnnyChp1sj4furo1_1280.png

Hometown: New York. Born again to a pair of unaware parents.

Grade: 11th grade.

Side activities/clubs: No clubs or hobbies yet. Benjamin will join whatever will make him popular.

Powers: Magic, including, but not limited by; Astral beams. Enhancing others(works as a buffer). Summoning. Teleportation. Telepathy. Transformation. Enlarge. Shrink. Hypnosis. And understanding animals. His physics are enhanced, such as strength, stamina, speed, durability enough to withstand high-caliber bullets without harm, and immunity to all known diseases and toxins, as well as resistance to magic and aging. He is a God, making him powerful, however, he is also a teenager, which gives me a chance to nerf him a little. Don't worry, I won't make Benjamin too overpowered. We'll find a way ;)

Skills: All language. Charming. Having fun. Lying. Climbing. Cross country cycling. Riding. Use of weaponry. Swimming. Acrobatics. Tactics.

Bio: Benjamin started his life as an intelligent, good boy, who, even as an infant, knew he was much more than what he seemed. It resulted in an enormous self confidence, but also the instinct to keep secrets. And so, instinctively Benjamin hid the fact that he was a God reborn, and that he had powers. With these powers however, came the knowledge of his former self. As the boy learned to run, climb and make friends, and idolize fantasy super heroes in comics and on TV, he pledged to make up for all his former misdeeds made by Loki, the God of malice. Even though the old King was the one responsible for so much misery and destruction, Benjamin knew he, as the reincarnated version of Loki, would be hunted. The sooner he proved himself worthy, the better. He could stop being afraid as long as everyone believed in him!

As Benjamin grew, his grasp of the powers already unlocked for him by birth did as well, but only thus far. Benjamin didn't want anyone to know, so he isolated himself. It was only that much he could do behind locked doors however. The green specters created by a curious child soon turned into toxic energy of frustration. Benjamin had friends, but no one knew what secrets the teen kept, and it made him a mysterious idol girls and boys felt drawn to.
From age twelve to sixteen, the idyllic family life Benjamin had, was torn apart piece by piece. Lies, secrets, betrayal and distrust got between him and his parents. Benjamin doubted his parents could take much more of his secretive behavior, and frankly Benjamin couldn't stand the looks they kept giving him. Drugs, sexuality, mental illnesses and mutation were their suspicions, and before things got completely out of hand, Benjamin ran away.
Living on the street as a fifteen year old was not as harsh to Benjamin as it would have been for other teenagers. In fact, Benjamin helped street kids in New York, who for some reason or another, had run away from their homes. He found friendships, and tribulations. When not helping out his friends on the street, he was housed by an old demented lady, whom decided that Benjamin was an angel, sent by God to make her last days worth living. Benjamin kept her company, cooked and cleaned, while she offered him a place to stay. They became great friends, and Benjamin started to get careless about leaving tracks behind. Said old lady's daughter didn't like having a stranger visiting her mother, so she contacted the police, and when they found out he was a missing teen, his parents were contacted. Benjamin didn't want to explain why he'd run away, so the cell he was put in, was empty the day after.
With the note Benjamin got shortly after, he found his way to Manhattan high, and SHIELD project.

Benjamin will be thrilled to prove himself worthy of recognition! He wants to join the special high school, and return to his parents as a hero! Finally he can give them answers to be proud of! But will they be proud? *dramatic music*

Fears: Important peoples' judgement. Imprisonment. That evil Loki will come back and take control.
Goals: Make friends, and become the earth's hero.
Likes: Ice cream. Food. Money. Fame. Riches. Power. Partying. Sex. Raspberry soda. Gaming. Training. People. Animals.
Dislikes: Enemies. Dirt. Poverty. Unnecessary use of energy. Being unpopular. Being ignored. Loneliness.

Inner most deepest wish: Not be judged by who he once was, but trusted as who he is.
Inner most deepest fear: Be condemned another time.

Notes: If Benjamin gets his way, no one knows he's Loki reborn, but if it comes up, and he is confronted by it, he won't deny it. It will be one of his greatest vulnerabilities, so depending on the other person's reaction, you may make Benjamin very happy and relieved, or super hurt. Not sure how this start out, but I am excited!

Last edited:
You forgot to put the img tag on the image. Otherwise looks pretty good.

Idk how to do this XC omg
edit: How about now?
edit: I did it ^^ If previewing the image was what you meant. And yay for being ok! When do we start?

I may make a female Quicksilver at some point. I'm better at creating as I go, so we'll see ^^ For now I think Loki will be enough to get myself into the rp.

I did admittedly lean towards Quicksilver when picking between him and Reed myself, so yeah in the private conversation if you want to brainstorm it we can totally do so.

I made the Hulk profile sheet but I'm going to probably spend a little bit exploring any other possible characters. Maybe a teenaged Tony Stark, maybe someone else. Either way people need to join.

Still looking for people to join, and I'm still trying to decide on any other character...

I'm down if you'll have me! Leaning towards playing a teenage Tony Stark if that's cool we with you? If not, I have inspiration for maybe a Mystique or Spider Gwen. Though, I noticed you're really not wanting this to be a spiderverse roleplay, so if you've got problems with Gwen I absolutely understand.

Also, have you tried to contact the two from the interest check? Maybe tagging them here would be effective.