• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
The lore gives me a lot of inspiration. Is there a character limit?

until we get a final cast, i'll say 1 Marked character per player— tho i wouldn't say no to folks playing side-characters who are still part of the unveiled community, and helping along those who're Marked

i made a lore page if you wanna check it out :3

still lookin for a bit more interest before i whip up the sign ups
Lots of questions. Lots of stupid character ideas. I'll have to narrow things down. Looking good!
if you'd like, feel free to throw concepts/questions around!
Ok so. this is going to sound really crude, but for my sanity I want to break down a rough 'class' for each group of playable races. Please correct me if I'm wrong

Watchers/guides: These basically follow the rules of mages roughly? or humans with supernatural powers? from source being a curse/blessing/bloodline? EG Grandaddy had a bit of a thing for demon girls and now I can screw with hellfire. Or 'mommy was a very pious lady and so the angels blessed me with the power to see demons and banish them with holy light' etc?

Guides are more like clerics/paladins "The gods that be have given me a duty to set right this damaged world and to do so they have granted me strength" so can fall anywhere along the line of healers to 'I bash with glowy sword'? but are reborn from souls that have passed over to the other side. Do they keep memories of their past lives or is it only the mission given to them by the outsiders? Beyond the holy power boost do they carry anything specific?

Hybrids, This one I had some trouble pinning down, Is this like a 'half and half' of other races? Or is it more like 'You are half X supernatural and half human' EG, Half elf? Half fea? Half dragon? so you get some powers but not all? Eg half fea would give you the ability to go invisible for short times, do minor charms and illusions, and short bursts of flight? But not give you access to the first world, the ability to make fea contracts, the power to create changelings ect? Or would it be something else?

Witches would be the archetypal witch? black cat, capable of hexes, charms, potions and the like when given the right ingredients and time? Access to a coven and similar things? Or would they have a more specific array of powers?

Shifters: I take on aspects of an animal, or indeed the form of the animal? Does the animal matter beyond the influence it has on the character, What about low mythic animals (unicorn, kelpie, hippogriff, pegasus,)? Or high mythic animals (Dragon, hydra, griffon,) ? I assume the more 'powerful' the animal the more affect it has on the shifter and the harder it is to draw it out? EG, a bobcat or horse shifter would have it easier than a lion or elephant simply because the 'strength' of the creature would be much higher thus the instincts would have more weight? Is it just physical aspects, Or is it also metaphysical 'quiet as a mouse' or 'heart of a lion'?

Vampires, are we talking old world vampires (archetypal dracula, mostly human with a few minor powers like charm, ability to sneak in shadows and really hard to kill, burns in sunlight, holy symbols cannot cross running water, blessed ground, blessed water, garlic, stakes)? New world vampires (more typical fantasy vampires, superhuman strength, speed and senses, can walk up walls, explode in to a cloud of bats/smoke, explodes in sunlight, holy symbols ward away and stake-ble, can be 'killed' but returns via some method unless staked/holy symboled/sunlight), Or are we talking Nu fantasy vampires (twilight and all the similar vampires it spawned, can walk in the day, just superhuman with a need for blood, can't go out in the day for 'reason' but it won't kill them ect).

I think that partly covers my 'questions,' Once those get covered I'll probably start to draw up character specific ideas, Part of me is interested in hybrid, but I also like shifter. I know it isn't really a 'what is this' question, but The clarification of 'that is how it works' or 'if you want your character to function like that then that is how you do it' would help a huge amount.

• Useful
Reactions: rissa and femian9
I'm def interested! Especially in the Hybrids.
Can we play multiple characters? (I have two).
Sorry this isn't as long as everyone else's, I'm on my touchscreen computer and idk where my keyboard went off to.

• Love
Reactions: rissa
Sorry this isn't as long as everyone else's, I'm on my touchscreen computer and idk where my keyboard went off to.
To quote op
"until we get a final cast, i'll say 1 Marked character per player— tho i wouldn't say no to folks playing side-characters who are still part of the unveiled community, and helping along those who're Marked"

As for length, my first post was like one sentence, I think it was something like "Mark me as interested." Or some other witty one liner. Might have been 'colour me interested'

Would fairies be a playable race?

I am using this app to generate images for this roleplay here is a few I'd like to share with you:

what kind of fairy do you have in mind?

and oooh! some of those are very nice!!
Well, I was thinking of a fairy of the forest that has wings, but I am not sure how unveiled our marked characters can be. Their basic powers would be putting up glamours, levitation, and speaking to animals.

I love them!

Would fairies be a playable race?

I am using this app to generate images for this roleplay here is a few I'd like to share with you:

what kind of fairy do you have in mind?

and oooh! some of those are very nice!!
Well, I was thinking of a fairy of the forest that has wings, but I am not sure how unveiled our marked characters can be. Their basic powers would be putting up glamours, levitation, and speaking to animals.

I love them!
aaah! yes, but there'll be a few stipulations— think winx club instead of tinkerbell, elsewhere entities that have been in the material plane for centuries. i've been at work all day, and scribbling up a reply for @EddiEddi on my breaks, but expect a write up for fairies in the next few hours— they'll be under changelings in the hybrid section!

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Absyinthe_Artica
Awesome sounds like a plan! Would three characters be allowed? one marked and two side?

Awesome sounds like a plan! Would three characters be allowed? one marked and two side?
sweet! and yeah, i'm gunna put a hesitant cap at 3 characters total for sign ups tho. (1 Marked, 2 side characters). as the game gets going and we see the posting consistency, i'll think about allowing more (or less)!

Last edited:
  • Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Absyinthe_Artica
The lore gives me a lot of inspiration. Is there a character limit?

until we get a final cast, i'll say 1 Marked character per player— tho i wouldn't say no to folks playing side-characters who are still part of the unveiled community, and helping along those who're Marked

i made a lore page if you wanna check it out :3

still lookin for a bit more interest before i whip up the sign ups
Lots of questions. Lots of stupid character ideas. I'll have to narrow things down. Looking good!
if you'd like, feel free to throw concepts/questions around!
Ok so. this is going to sound really crude, but for my sanity I want to break down a rough 'class' for each group of playable races. Please correct me if I'm wrong

Watchers/guides: These basically follow the rules of mages roughly? or humans with supernatural powers? from source being a curse/blessing/bloodline? EG Grandaddy had a bit of a thing for demon girls and now I can screw with hellfire. Or 'mommy was a very pious lady and so the angels blessed me with the power to see demons and banish them with holy light' etc?

Guides are more like clerics/paladins "The gods that be have given me a duty to set right this damaged world and to do so they have granted me strength" so can fall anywhere along the line of healers to 'I bash with glowy sword'? but are reborn from souls that have passed over to the other side. Do they keep memories of their past lives or is it only the mission given to them by the outsiders? Beyond the holy power boost do they carry anything specific?

Hybrids, This one I had some trouble pinning down, Is this like a 'half and half' of other races? Or is it more like 'You are half X supernatural and half human' EG, Half elf? Half fea? Half dragon? so you get some powers but not all? Eg half fea would give you the ability to go invisible for short times, do minor charms and illusions, and short bursts of flight? But not give you access to the first world, the ability to make fea contracts, the power to create changelings ect? Or would it be something else?

Witches would be the archetypal witch? black cat, capable of hexes, charms, potions and the like when given the right ingredients and time? Access to a coven and similar things? Or would they have a more specific array of powers?

Shifters: I take on aspects of an animal, or indeed the form of the animal? Does the animal matter beyond the influence it has on the character, What about low mythic animals (unicorn, kelpie, hippogriff, pegasus,)? Or high mythic animals (Dragon, hydra, griffon,) ? I assume the more 'powerful' the animal the more affect it has on the shifter and the harder it is to draw it out? EG, a bobcat or horse shifter would have it easier than a lion or elephant simply because the 'strength' of the creature would be much higher thus the instincts would have more weight? Is it just physical aspects, Or is it also metaphysical 'quiet as a mouse' or 'heart of a lion'?

Vampires, are we talking old world vampires (archetypal dracula, mostly human with a few minor powers like charm, ability to sneak in shadows and really hard to kill, burns in sunlight, holy symbols cannot cross running water, blessed ground, blessed water, garlic, stakes)? New world vampires (more typical fantasy vampires, superhuman strength, speed and senses, can walk up walls, explode in to a cloud of bats/smoke, explodes in sunlight, holy symbols ward away and stake-ble, can be 'killed' but returns via some method unless staked/holy symboled/sunlight), Or are we talking Nu fantasy vampires (twilight and all the similar vampires it spawned, can walk in the day, just superhuman with a need for blood, can't go out in the day for 'reason' but it won't kill them ect).

I think that partly covers my 'questions,' Once those get covered I'll probably start to draw up character specific ideas, Part of me is interested in hybrid, but I also like shifter. I know it isn't really a 'what is this' question, but The clarification of 'that is how it works' or 'if you want your character to function like that then that is how you do it' would help a huge amount.

so a lot of the specifics here are stated in the playable race section, but i'll break this down bit by bit so we can all be on the same page! there are some good tidbits in here too i wanna extrapolate on!!!!

if we're talking d&d 5e, this is how i'd break the races up into classes/races: (nothing ofc will break down easily and perfectly, but these are rough enough estimates)

watchers: human variant + warlocks;

watchers are humans, mortals with the ability to see into the Veil— tho some watcher lines are natural, built up over time, most have been blessed or cursed by some being of a higher power.

'EG Grandaddy had a bit of a thing for demon girls and now I can screw with hellfire. Or 'mommy was a very pious lady and so the angels blessed me with the power to see demons and banish them with holy light' etc?'

this would actually be hybrids, not watchers!

edit: i think the best? examples for blessed/cursed watchers is achilles and medusa

guides: aasimar + clerics;

in more of a classical sense, clerics as guides is a perfect comparison— healers. modern 5e clerics are a little too damage heavy to be perfect comparisons, as guides in this verse do not have offensive capabilities (they can learn how to do hand to hand combat or have just learned enough over time to defend themselves and their charges— but by nature they are meant to be pacifists, meant to deescalate instead of escalate situation, but every guide is different, however, so the levels of pacifism will be dictated by your characters.)

keeping their memories is a personal choice, tho there is a transition period wherein they come back, before they're given their first charge, to process the emotional backlash.

can you explain wym by what else they carry? do u mean abilities or something physical?

hybrids: hexblood/tieflings/half-elves + sorcerer;

hybrids were left intentionally vague so players have the creative freedom to create the perfect hybrid— in a former iteration of this rp we had a hybrid who was half cambion and half witch, who had abilities from both halves— just watered down.

none of the examples you listed would be viable for this rp— no half dragons, elves, or fey! think less mythical and more supernatural or paranormal creatures!

witches: lineages/elves/aasimars + sorcerers/wizards (and a dash of warlock);

yes, witches here are your typical mage/caster based class. innately powerful, as their gifts reside in their blood. covens are a fascinating subject, but are mostly seen as outdated in america, nowadays— covens exist elsewhere across the globe, but has fallen out of "fashion" for the witches in the us.

outside of spellcasting, rituals, and potion making, witches have an active ability or power that can range anywhere from telekinesis to pyromancy to prophetic dreams— the choice is up to you!! witches often have a "patron" deity or higher power that created that "line" of witches and their active power (usually, but not always) stems from that influence.

for example: a fire deity would more than likely pass down fire or heat based abilities.

shifters: shifters/half-orcs + druids/fighters;

the latter!! shifters fully "morph" into an animal form. the former, or the aspects you mentioned, is more likened to the "animal blessing" that shifters may or may not receive!

'Does the animal matter beyond the influence it has on the character'

can you explain what you mean by this? if its how i'm interpreting it, this is a really interesting tangent, but i dont wanna bore you all with a ton of lore kdjgkshfg

again, a lot of the answers to these are on the lore page-- shifters must choose a real animal, one that isn't extinct or mythological, high or low. (tho for flavor purposes, i'd allow smth like a "liger" or "tigon" if your parents were two similar but not quite the same animals) it cannot be extinct or mythological, high or low. reason being: im considering these creatures npcs or monsters that your characters may or may not encounter, not to mention something of that caliber may be entirely too difficult for me to balance out.

the shift is never difficult due to the animal (ie. a shift into a mouse and a shift into a jaguar is still the same process at its baseline: your bones melding and reforming into smth new) but rather that its a difficult process in of itself. some shifters rarely ever shift because the process is too uncomfortable for them, other shifters spend as much time shifting or in their animal forms that it becomes as easy as breathing. as already stated, shifters have enhanced strength, agility, durability, and an enhanced healing factor. on top of that, they have an animal specific "Animal Blessing" that can be used on other unveiled creatures. this animal blessing is sorta similar to what you mentioned, "as quiet as a mouse" or maybe as strong as a boar.

i'm leaving this vague for a few reasons, but mostly bc i prefer my players to have adequate amounts of creative freedom, this isn't just my rp, its ours, so i prefer to create guidelines as opposed to hard and fast rules (within reason, ofc), so there's flexibility built in and a sense of ownership for the players-- over their ideas and concepts that will inevitably become canon in ze world!

vampires: lineages/dhampirs + barbarians/bards;

on the lore page it states vampires have super strength, speed, agility, durability, sense, & healing factor. they also have two "mental" abilities, compulsion and a limited form of telepathy. as stated, vampiric weaknesses are as follows: direct sunlight, a wooden stake through the heart, complete incineration by fire, and a rare, magical variant of oleander known as neriun.

vampires here are honestly a mix of all three, with the most likeness coming from "new world" vampires. im really glad you asked some of these tho, cause i completely forgot to mention it! while holy symbols do not affect or harm vampires, they cannot enter blessed grounds, however, that blessed ground was more than likely blessed by a witch, thus actually causing an effect (same with blessed rivers or blessed water). humans, even as a divine conduit, would be unable to bless the grounds of a church or cemetery because they are veiled creatures, unable to see the whole spectrum, and therefore unable to bless the whole spectrum. garlic seems to have no effect other than causing stinky breath that doubles in rank when you pair it with fresh blood. they def dont poof into a cloud of bats, nor do they have the ability to dematerialize. but when yer fast asf already, why would you need to?

and absolutely np!! i appreciate clarifications and i love love love brainstorming! hybrids and shifters are both really fun!! i'll be around all evenin, so if i didn't help clarify it all, feel free to hit me back with some follow up questions

Last edited:
as Eddi pointed out, you'll have 1 main character whose been Marked, and up to 2 side characters!
thank ya for the interest! and no worries about lengths whatsoever, this is just an interest check and we just chattin over some basics before i whip up the signups ((:

as Eddi pointed out, you'll have 1 main character whose been Marked, and up to 2 side characters!
thank ya for the interest! and no worries about lengths whatsoever, this is just an interest check and we just chattin over some basics before i whip up the signups ((:
If one was Marked, could my other side character stay with them throughout the rp, or just a one time thing?

If one was Marked, could my other side character stay with them throughout the rp, or just a one time thing?
oh of course!! from a narrative perspective, the main focus will be on Marked characters, but side characters are allowed to stick along for the entire ride!! while they wont influence as much of the world around them (like Marked characters will do), there'll still be story beats and the like for side characters to get their shining moment, it just wont be as often or as central to the plot.

oh of course!! from a narrative perspective, the main focus will be on Marked characters, but side characters are allowed to stick along for the entire ride!! while they wont influence as much of the world around them (like Marked characters will do), there'll still be story beats and the like for side characters to get their shining moment, it just wont be as often or as central to the plot.
alrighty! one last question not to bother you so much, ehe
could unmarked characters have abilities too?

• OMG
100% !!!!
all characters, Marked or side, need to be an unveiled in some capacity, otherwise it just wouldn't work with the established lore!

and no worries, ill be around if ya think up anymore questions!

100% !!!!
all characters, Marked or side, need to be an unveiled in some capacity, otherwise it just wouldn't work with the established lore!

and no worries, ill be around if ya think up anymore questions!
expect more soon, i'ma be annoying/j

• Wicked
So my stupid ass didn't realize the pictures were spoilers and could be clicked on the lore page. That's a clever trick. time for lots more reading.
Also, are male witches witches? or warlocks?

"can you explain wym by what else they carry? do u mean abilities or something physical?" Ok, so they have telepathy, dematerialization and healing, Do they carry any 'unique' powers EG, "I was sent down by a higher power who has this ad part of their 'protfolio' so I get extra power x' like a little uniqueness

Ok, so lets say I am a cat (or feline) shifter, Would that have some impact on my characters personality or likes/dislikes? Do cat and dog shifters have an innate dislike of each other? Basically beyond 'I can become animal' does it have an impact on the person. Do sheep/chickens and other prey animals tend to not want to be near a big predetor shifter? Also, This is going to sound *really* stupid and I cannot overstate how stupid this sounds. But Giant squid shifter? yes or no? not planning it as a character, but just the mental image of "So what type of shifter are you?" 'Dont wanna talk about. its stupid' being a conversation amuses me.

Right thats those answered, Now to read the actual lore page now I've discovered the hidden spoilers. I'm thinking I'm going to play a witch or hybrid.

Edit: Post lore read questions!

How does technology and magic interact? Can a vampire steal a blood bag from a bank and chow down on that? What if a witch runs a coffee shop and doses all the vampires drinks with a drop of blood? Oh on that topic, can vampires eat normal food? If a witch has an innate connection to something like light, can they use that to power solar panels over night? When a shifter shifts do they loose clothes or do they shift with? or are there like 'magic clothes' that shift with? Same for bags. If a vampire gets highlandered what sort of reaction happens, and which half regenerates? Would a crossbow or bow or similar propelled spike count as a stake for a vampire? How esoteric can patrons get? EG would water ice and steam all be one? I get 'moon' being pretty clear, But like 'the void between the stars' for a propper 'elder god' style patron? Sliding the other way, how wide do they get? Would 'light' be feasible, or would you get 'moonlight' from moon and 'sunlight' from sun ect? Is there an elemental cycle (Air>earth>water>fire>air ect) or is it more water vs fire/air vs earth/light vs dark or is it less specific and more 'how you use it' rather than what you use? Can witches use rituals to call and bind lesser creatures (minor elementals, non sentient animals like familiars)? what is the difference between a ritual and a spell in this universe (I mean I have my own separation but no idea how it'll work here)? Can several witches get together and perform a super-charged ritual? Would a witch with a nature/animal patron have the capacity for shifter-like abilities?

I know these all sound like stupid edge cases but These are less 'this is a issue' and more 'This is awesome I want to explore the lore' and again, sorry for the bombardment of questions.

Last edited:
So my stupid ass didn't realize the pictures were spoilers and could be clicked on the lore page. That's a clever trick. time for lots more reading.

"can you explain wym by what else they carry? do u mean abilities or something physical?" Ok, so they have telepathy, dematerialization and healing, Do they carry any 'unique' powers EG, "I was sent down by a higher power who has this ad part of their 'protfolio' so I get extra power x' like a little uniqueness

Ok, so lets say I am a cat (or feline) shifter, Would that have some impact on my characters personality or likes/dislikes? Do cat and dog shifters have an innate dislike of each other? Basically beyond 'I can become animal' does it have an impact on the person. Do sheep/chickens and other prey animals tend to not want to be near a big predetor shifter? Also, This is going to sound *really* stupid and I cannot overstate how stupid this sounds. But Giant squid shifter? yes or no? not planning it as a character, but just the mental image of "So what type of shifter are you?" 'Dont wanna talk about. its stupid' being a conversation amuses me.

Right thats those answered, Now to read the actual lore page now I've discovered the hidden spoilers. I'm thinking I'm going to play a witch or hybrid.

Edit: Post lore read questions!

How does technology and magic interact? Can a vampire steal a blood bag from a bank and chow down on that? What if a witch runs a coffee shop and doses all the vampires drinks with a drop of blood? Oh on that topic, can vampires eat normal food? If a witch has an innate connection to something like light, can they use that to power solar panels over night? When a shifter shifts do they loose clothes or do they shift with? or are there like 'magic clothes' that shift with? Same for bags. If a vampire gets highlandered what sort of reaction happens, and which half regenerates? Would a crossbow or bow or similar propelled spike count as a stake for a vampire? How esoteric can patrons get? EG would water ice and steam all be one? I get 'moon' being pretty clear, But like 'the void between the stars' for a propper 'elder god' style patron? Sliding the other way, how wide do they get? Would 'light' be feasible, or would you get 'moonlight' from moon and 'sunlight' from sun ect? Is there an elemental cycle (Air>earth>water>fire>air ect) or is it more water vs fire/air vs earth/light vs dark or is it less specific and more 'how you use it' rather than what you use? Can witches use rituals to call and bind lesser creatures (minor elementals, non sentient animals like familiars)? what is the difference between a ritual and a spell in this universe (I mean I have my own separation but no idea how it'll work here)? Can several witches get together and perform a super-charged ritual? Would a witch with a nature/animal patron have the capacity for shifter-like abilities?

I know these all sound like stupid edge cases but These are less 'this is a issue' and more 'This is awesome I want to explore the lore' and again, sorry for the bombardment of questions.
jskjkdfjkdg im sorry

witches be witches, but if you wanna call your male witch a warlock that's fine wit me

Do they carry any 'unique' powers EG, "I was sent down by a higher power who has this ad part of their 'protfolio' so I get extra power x' like a little uniqueness
nope, being able to heal is their uniqueness. while all races save for watchers and guides (the latter who simply reconstitutes) have an enhanced healing factor, with vampires being able to stitch together wounds within minutes, no one else has the active ability to really heal or "perform miracles" the way guides can. witches and their practitioner cousins can whip up potions or salves or write spells that take away pain, halt infection, and increase bodys natural processes, only guides can truly heal.

this is obviously the downside of playing a guide, but this type of character imo is one of the most fun because of all the human interactions you get to have between characters. when people are in pain and hurt, there's tension and thats fun

Ok, so lets say I am a cat (or feline) shifter, Would that have some impact on my characters personality or likes/dislikes? Do cat and dog shifters have an innate dislike of each other? Basically beyond 'I can become animal' does it have an impact on the person. Do sheep/chickens and other prey animals tend to not want to be near a big predetor shifter?
>:))))))

yep!! all shifters take aspects into their personality, beliefs, customs, mannerisms, etc. i wouldn't say its extreme though, bc that comes off like a caricature. but more in the sense that prey animals will typically be a bit more reserved or perhaps shy, predator shifters would be a bit more bold, arrogant, or domineering. or it could display itself in less personality-based ways, like being unable to sit still, keep a train of thought longer than 20 seconds, or an insatiable hunger-- really its up to you what the specifics are, but at a baseline, yeah, their psyche and physiology are influenced by their token animal

yes or no?
yep! any animal is technically capable per lore, its just not very feasible and most of the shifters with odd and unusual shifts have died away/refused to procreate to pass along the form.

Can a vampire steal a blood bag from a bank and chow down on that?
100% in the original iteration of this rp i had an npc who ran a blood donation charity from a school bus.

What if a witch runs a coffee shop and doses all the vampires drinks with a drop of blood? Oh on that topic, can vampires eat normal food?
those vampires would be loyal asf customers
edit: xx vamps can eat food 100%, its just useless bc they cant taste it nor do they need it to survive

If a witch has an innate connection to something like light, can they use that to power solar panels over night?
if they want to waste the energy, figuratively and literally, absolutely yes!

When a shifter shifts do they loose clothes or do they shift with? or are there like 'magic clothes' that shift with? Same for bags.
lose their clothes unless they've been woven with magic thread! which is expensive asf

If a vampire gets highlandered what sort of reaction happens, and which half regenerates?
i never watched highlander, but im assuming you mean like get cut in half? the side that regenerates is almost always the side that has the least to regrow. the curse is efficient

Would a crossbow or bow or similar propelled spike count as a stake for a vampire?
as long as the projectile is wooden, yep!

How esoteric can patrons get? EG would water ice and steam all be one? I get 'moon' being pretty clear, But like 'the void between the stars' for a propper 'elder god' style patron? Sliding the other way, how wide do they get? Would 'light' be feasible, or would you get 'moonlight' from moon and 'sunlight' from sun ect? Is there an elemental cycle (Air>earth>water>fire>air ect) or is it more water vs fire/air vs earth/light vs dark or is it less specific and more 'how you use it' rather than what you use?
i prefer esoteric; patrons are not really meant to be understood, so something like the void between the stars i'd accept in a heartbeat. powerwise you have plenty of options right there!! patrons overlap a thousandfold, i don't want anyone worrying about stepping on toes. just as there are hundreds of pantheons and mythos in this world, so too are there in our make believe one. there is and there isn't an elemental 'cycle', def more esoteric than that as most of that knowledge has been lost with time. but there are 7 sacred elements: earth, water, fire, air, light, dark, and ether.

Can witches use rituals to call and bind lesser creatures (minor elementals, non sentient animals like familiars)?
most witches end up with a familiar when they begin receiving their full mature power, but its not often that they stay-- they usually move on to the next witch in need of their guidance.

what is the difference between a ritual and a spell in this universe (I mean I have my own separation but no idea how it'll work here)?
a ritual is a multi-step process, a spell that takes at minimum an hour to perform. the plus side to rituals vs spells is that they innately consume much less energy to perform.

Can several witches get together and perform a super-charged ritual?
100%, essentially why covens in the old world got together; there's strength in numbers

Would a witch with a nature/animal patron have the capacity for shifter-like abilities?
yes, but with strong limitations. while spells can alter ones shape into that of an animal, its not the same as shifting, and almost always limited to about ~30 mins to an hour, as the amount of energy needed to uphold such a drastically different alter is large.

Last edited:
I have to say, your interest check and lore page are exceptional and exciting. :applause: I could probably whip up a hundred characters off the lore page alone, it's super inspiring. Well done!

So far Watchers are the most appealing race to me, personally. I'm an Aries so I have major main character syndrome sometimes and love being the center of attention =p but that's not to say I want to steal the spotlight or derive from the narrative at hand. Watchers just seem pretty unique, are they a dresden files inspired concept?

Guides also seem lowkey badass and chill. I love the dynamic between guides and their charges. Lol support roles are always fun to play because you kind of just sit back and let everyone do all the work (x lending aid when you can. Well that's how it is in League of Legends, anyways. Looks obviously inspired by the angels from charmed! (I freakin love that show btw) I can't help but think of Leo materializing back and forth all over the place.

Since there's no character roles to fill, I'm assuming there's no cap for any particular race. But I do try to be as diverse as I can, luckily no one has expressed interest in Watchers or Guides. That being said, if any folks are interested, I'm more than happy to play a blood-sucker or anything else, really, just for the sake of having a variety of different races, as that seems ideal moving forward.

So ima just sit back and happily wait to see what everyone else wants to play first before I commit to any character ideas.

• Love
I have to say, your interest check and lore page are exceptional and exciting. :applause: I could probably whip up a hundred characters off the lore page alone, it's super inspiring. Well done!

So far Watchers are the most appealing race to me, personally. I'm an Aries so I have major main character syndrome sometimes and love being the center of attention =p but that's not to say I want to steal the spotlight or derive from the narrative at hand. Watchers just seem pretty unique, are they a dresden files inspired concept?

Guides also seem lowkey badass and chill. I love the dynamic between guides and their charges. Lol support roles are always fun to play because you kind of just sit back and let everyone do all the work (x lending aid when you can. Well that's how it is in League of Legends, anyways. Looks obviously inspired by the angels from charmed! (I freakin love that show btw) I can't help but think of Leo materializing back and forth all over the place.

Since there's no character roles to fill, I'm assuming there's no cap for any particular race. But I do try to be as diverse as I can, luckily no one has expressed interest in Watchers or Guides. That being said, if any folks are interested, I'm more than happy to play a blood-sucker or anything else, really, just for the sake of having a variety of different races, as that seems ideal moving forward.

So ima just sit back and happily wait to see what everyone else wants to play first before I commit to any character ideas.
you nailed 2 outta 4 of my main inspirations for this hehe, charmed and dresden files are both such huge inspirations in this, as you rightly pointed out guides are essentially whitelighters.

and thank you!! i love to hear it

i love support roles sm too LMAO lulu and nami wHERE

i personally dont care about diversity as much as i do people playing what they really wanna play. watchers are innately so different that we could have a whole cast of watchers and everyone would feel unique. but do what makes ye most comfy!!

Reactions: marcy