• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
So my other question as I'm character brainstorming...
what picture types do you prefer?
Can it be digital art?

So my other question as I'm character brainstorming...
what picture types do you prefer?
Can it be digital art?
i aint gunna gatekeep any face claims, choose what image you want! i'll be asking for a written description anyways

• Thank You
Reactions: Absyinthe_Artica
are they a dresden files inspired concept?
you nailed 2 outta 4 of my main inspirations for this hehe, charmed and dresden files are both such huge inspirations in this, as you rightly pointed out guides are essentially whitelighters.

ahh, whitelighters. Damn it's been a minute since I heard some charmed lore! Haha Leo was always my favorite character in the show growing up, so it stuck out like a sore thumb. I only figured dresden files must somehow correspond to watchers since I'm not familiar with either. The only thing that comes to mind I can feasibly compare it to is AHS: Coven when a witches eyes get burned with sulfuric acid and she goes blind, but obtains magic sight that lets her see vividly into peoples past when they make physical contact.

HAHA running around with 1 HP baiting the enemy team into overextending, just to mitigate their damage with fat shields as you speed away. fast as f*ck boi!

sounds good! I haven't had a chance to delve into all the lore yet, just skimmed through the playable races. I'll check it all out tonight and drop by here with any helpful questions or ideas that may sprout.

• According to Plan
Reactions: rissa
More stupid lore questions: Returning to my crossbow questions, Lets say I have a metal crossbow bolt and core it with wood, would that still function as a stake? and the same spun round? With the new fairy lore, what would happen if you tagged a fea with an iron-tipped one? I mean someone has to have tried it right? Also, would it be feasible to make glasses/goggles that let a creature see the 'other side' of the veil? this question is actually kinda critical to my character. odd I know. how easy is it to cover magic/supernatural abilities with technology? EG a shifter with an eagle as their shift using lense less binoculars to cover for superhuman eyesight. A witch carrying a trick lighter to cover for their ability to create small flames at will? Like, lets say a character has the ability to mess with the light level around them, would carrying a torch be a suitable 'keep the veil' card?

Lets say I have a metal crossbow bolt and core it with wood, would that still function as a stake? and the same spun round?
it would and it wouldn't— it'd essentially give them a chance of regrowing/gettinf away to heal as the stake wasn't of "pure make"
With the new fairy lore, what would happen if you tagged a fea with an iron-tipped one? I mean someone has to have tried it right?
iron poisoning!
Also, would it be feasible to make glasses/goggles that let a creature see the 'other side' of the veil? this question is actually kinda critical to my character.
no, unfortunately. such tech has been attempted throughout the millennia but it never gets far. neither upper nor lower plane elders have an interest in allowing mortals access to the Veil. if yer found with such tech, yer in contempt of the established rules and will face a tribunal
how easy is it to cover magic/supernatural abilities with technology? EG a shifter with an eagle as their shift using lense less binoculars to cover for superhuman eyesight. A witch carrying a trick lighter to cover for their ability to create small flames at will? Like, lets say a character has the ability to mess with the light level around them, would carrying a torch be a suitable 'keep the veil' card?
pretty easily, all of your examples would suffice, but its not as much of an issue as your describing— the Veil exists, it permeates the entire world, every mortal conscience and subconscious, making small or large rationalities to keep the unveiled community safe

Apologies for the wait! The end of the week is always busy. Sign ups have been posted! Hope yall mingle your way on over there!

In the meantime I'm working on some more common-knowledge lore (npcs, monsters, etc.).

• Useful
Reactions: marcy
Is this still taking people on? It looks interesting!

• What a TWIST
Yep! Sign ups were just opened c:
Awsome! The whole premise seems cool! I had a look at some of the creatures people could be and had a question. As vampires are around, what about zombies?
The classical zombies we see on shows today? Not apart of this 'verse!
Voodoo/Hoodoo priestesses often have 'undead' servants, but I wouldn't consider them playable races.

Yep! Sign ups were just opened c:
Awsome! The whole premise seems cool! I had a look at some of the creatures people could be and had a question. As vampires are around, what about zombies?
The classical zombies we see on shows today? Not apart of this 'verse!
Voodoo/Hoodoo priestesses often have 'undead' servants, but I wouldn't consider them playable races.
I meant more along the lines of a person who is simply just undead. Not mindless walking dead or someone who controls them. I'll think of something! Generic zombies arnt too interesting.

Last edited:
As much as I'd hate to join and ruin this, I am, in fact, coming to join and ruin this.

• Hit Me in My FEELS
  • Wicked
Reactions: marcy and rissa
Sorry if the questions are a bother, but i wanted to ask! In shifters they get a blessing power? What kind of power's can shifter's take? Example of say a bear having abnormal strength or speed beyond an average bear? Or could it be more of a supernatural esq power say where the bear could somehow be telepathic? These are just examples for the question.

Sorry if the questions are a bother, but i wanted to ask! In shifters they get a blessing power? What kind of power's can shifter's take? Example of say a bear having abnormal strength or speed beyond an average bear? Or could it be more of a supernatural esq power say where the bear could somehow be telepathic? These are just examples for the question.
No worries! The questions help everyone understand better, so I never mind answering them! c:

Your example is a little too far-fetched for me to approve— bears innately do not have telepathy, thus an Animal Blessing of telepathy would be impossible for a bear shifter. Something of that nature would be a hit or miss even with an insect shifter, as bugs often use their antennae to send/receive communications.

No worries! The questions help everyone understand better, so I never mind answering them! c:

Your example is a little too far-fetched for me to approve— bears innately do not have telepathy, thus an Animal Blessing of telepathy would be impossible for a bear shifter. Something of that nature would be a hit or miss even with an insect shifter, as bugs often use their antennae to send/receive communications.
It wasnt so much asking for bears to have telepathy as much just giving an example to the question. It's just asking if the powers are restricted to what a creature has or if it could be supernatural in a way even if still somewhat attached to the animal. An example of a power blessing being somewhat attached to a creature i wanted to ask if, (another example piece) an underwater creature having some ability to control pressure around it asif those around it were dealing with deep water pressure. Sorry if my examples are weird. Just trying to get a grasp on what shifters can and cannot do.

It wasnt so much asking for bears to have telepathy as much just giving an example to the question. It's just asking if the powers are restricted to what a creature has or if it could be supernatural in a way even if still somewhat attached to the animal. An example of a power blessing being somewhat attached to a creature i wanted to ask if, (another example piece) an underwater creature having some ability to control pressure around it asif those around it were dealing with deep water pressure. Sorry if my examples are weird. Just trying to get a grasp on what shifters can and cannot do.
I mean yeah, the Animal Blessing will of course be supernatural, but it still needs to come from and/or stem from that animal. This example is much better, though almost over-powered for an Animal Blessing. For something like this, I'd prolly require a player have their characters be descended from a long line of shifters too.

I mean yeah, the Animal Blessing will of course be supernatural, but it still needs to come from and/or stem from that animal. This example is much better, though almost over-powered for an Animal Blessing. For something like this, I'd prolly require a player have their characters be descended from a long line of shifters too.
Thanks for dealing with my questions! This does make things a bit more simple for me. I look forwards to this RP!

Hello. The premise of this sounds so interesting, and I would love to join, although I do have a question. I am a snail paced writer. I can probably only whip out a post once a week. Would that be alright for you?

Hello. The premise of this sounds so interesting, and I would love to join, although I do have a question. I am a snail paced writer. I can probably only whip out a post once a week. Would that be alright for you?
posting expectations are 1 post every 2 weeks at minimum, so yep!!