2. Female
  3. Primarily Prefer Male
Genres
Pretty much all of them
Navigation:
A New World, Humanity Rebuilds (Character Dump): Click Here
A New World, Humanity Rebuilds (OOC): Click Here

The year is 2020, and Earth is on fire.

A group called the E.I. at the beginning of the year began secretly kidnapping and training people to help them take over the world. These people were regular members of society, teachers, students, criminals, if it looked like they could be swiped without any real retaliation, they were. The world was none the wiser.

Several such recruits were collected from the general population and chosen to be trained underneath the three founders of this mysterious group. A school gym teacher named Tyler Haak, a large viking looking mercenary named Otto White, a former U.S. military infantryman Maine, and Daisuke a giant pervert/former yakuza member. After three months of training under the First, Second, and Third founders, the secret facility in which they were being trained was attacked by factions within the E.I. They hit fast and hard, sending the whole facility into chaos. Leading the group of trained E.I. recruits out of the facility, the Third founder led the small group to North Korea, where the rest of the E.I. forces had gathered. In a stunning display of brute force, hundreds of E.I. VTOL troop transport gunships assaulted the capitol, took over it and the nearby military base, and then executed the dictator.

However, the group of recruits were repulsed by this actions, and Tyler, Daisuke lashed out at the Second, prompting him to kill Daisuke. Daisuke was only saved by a chance, as a passing E.I. infantryman assisted burying Daisuke, Daisuke's consciousness escaped into the man, making him a target of interest for the Second founder. The Second founder had Tyler, Adam (The E.I. infantryman), another man who was recruited by the E.I. who vaguely reminded everyone of a russian, and Alkura (the daughter of the third founder). In a display of defiance (facilitated only by the Third Founder's intervention), Otto White and Lazaro (A crazed murderer who was only assisting them for the pure off chance they might get to kill someone) led a daring rescue of the prisoners, escaping to Sryia with them on a jet.

After they landed, Otto talked them through the Airport, calling in a favor from the commanding officer of the troops stationed there. Otto took the group to his home, and coincidentally, the place he buried his family. The group rested there for a day, but unfortunately they were sold out by the very commanding officer that Otto had called a favor from. A team of E.I. troops trained to track deserters followed them, and then they attacked in the night. The battle was brief but bloody, and it was discovered the very next day, in a letter from the Third founder, that the troops were all cloned, an attempt from the E.I. to make soldiers loyal, easy to train, equip, and recruit.

The group fled in the VTOL jet provided by the Third, guided to some mysterious facility by a man they only know as "Deanta" supposedly a trusted ally and teacher of the Third founder. As they got off the VTOL jet, they were greeted by a huge cheering crowd. Thousands of people who had hidden from the E.I.'s secret influence in underground societies had gathered into a single united rebellion, and this group of rag tag E.I. rebels were their largest hope in defeating the group. As it turned out, while the E.I. had a righteous goal, the goal did not justify the means through which they planned to execute it. With much of the world under the control of the E.I. (Facilitated by the E.I. implanting trained members of the group into the governments of nations worldwide, and then using their influence to convince them to join the International Nations Union, or INU, with the newly formed nation of the E.I. at the head, and major military superpowers like Russia and the U.S. backing up the group with the full might of their military.

In a surprise move, the rebellion turned on this coalition, and moving out from facilities all over the world they attack the E.I., intent on freeing the world from this tyranny. The E.I. rebels themselves spearheaded an assault straight into the main E.I. base, an attack that was wiped out, but still managed to distract the E.I. long enough for the rebels to defeat the E.I. in other places around the world.

Feeling threatened by this, the E.I. detonated the world's supply of nuclear weapons, reducing the population from 7.4 billion to three million in minutes. Those people who survived were transported, as if by an act of some deity, to a new world. Some land in deserts, some in forests, some in plains, some alone, and some in groups, but all appear, alive and no worse then they were on Earth. Something is strange about this world though, while it looks like Earth, and the animals do as well, the air is tingling with an energy that was not prevalent in society before, and all over the world these people have begun to realize that they can now use something strange and previously impossible, magic. In the background secret forces seem to be manipulating the situation though, and somewhere the immortals that survived the nuclear blasts are still alive.

It is now up to humanity to rebuild.

A price paid and a debt earned
-

In the frozen forest left behind by the heroes laid there now dead leader, his skin was pale and his eyes clouded over with death in them. Crows circled his body while some landed and pecked at the corpse of Otto White, other scavengers waited in the distance,
coyotes, odd dog like creatures and even a big cat or two. They all seemed to be ready to move in but something changed in the very nature of the space that surrounded Otto's body, a shadow loomed as it walked. As it passed trees died in there place, wilting in seconds as the scavengers began to scatter as the figure drew nearer. It was wrapped in a heavy cloak and it's face obscured in shadow as it looked on at Otto's body before it spoke. "Your ancestor was a mistake Otto White, dying in the sands he prayed to his gods for salvation but instead I answered him." The figure spoke to Otto's body but received no response. "He promised to be loyal to me, to give me what ever I wanted as long as I saved him but Adler was not one to keep his promises and ran with my power and spread it to others like those founders who needed a crutch to use it...Bah, pathetic." It circled Otto's body and continued to speak. "But you aren't dying and making desperate pleas for life, no you are dead but it seems someone on the other side was willing to trade themselves for you and your life." It paused. "But you must still pay a price." It pulled out a long oak walked stick and tapped Otto's left eye. "Half of your sight in mine." The pupil faded becoming a cloudy red. "Your memory will be blocked, you may unlock it and I will even leave you one shard to guide you, your precious Tyler Haak, the blue woman." It spoke as it tapped his head. "You also owe me a debt now, kill Adler, bring his head to me. You will accompanied by two companions and armed with a spear filled with my power." A spear materialized and fell to the ground next to Otto's body it was about as long as Otto was tall with a broad, thick blade ending in a sharp point. Two raven also appeared from behind the figure's back, one ink black and seemingly melting into shadow while the other was dull red fading into almost black and seemed to be alight just like Otto once was when he would use his powers. "Ah...it seems Adler's blade left a bit of himself in you Otto White. I wonder how that will progress. Now live." It said before tapping Otto in the chest with it's walking stick.
Otto's chest rose with a breath of air and a beat of his heart.
Otto White was alive.

Cora

In a small hut inside the small village Cora was resting, She had been in this strange world for a few days. She still had no idea where she was or why she was there but she was not just going to sit around and do nothing. Cora had been helping the village with the few things she could. She had learned how to Skin an animal even if she did not like the idea of it. She yawns slowly opening her eyes as she sits up on her bedroll and stretches her arms into the air. "ngh..." she groans a bit before getting up. she did sleep in her clothes as it was to cold to not. Cora grabbed her knife, It had a strange form Not like most of the daggers or knifes used for hunting. a curve of the blade and a hole in the hilt to spin it around. One's she puts it in her hilt she opens the small door to her hut walking outside to look around.

[bg=#000000]
[bg=#000000]Click here for Mobile Version[/bg]
[bg=#454545]
Within less than 24 hours since Jian had arrived at the North Korea to hide from the E.I., he soon found himself feeling rather ill in the middle of his first training day. Obviously, there was no merit in trying to be tough and lie if you were not feeling well. Probably some side-effect of him not being used to the environment, but he was bed-ridden in a room in one of the lower floors underground.

In between waking up a few times feverishly, he was plagued by nightmares or just memories of the past life where his sister nor mother was missing. It was during one of these that he had woken to a very bad earthquake.

Nothing collapsed around him, but he lay very still in bed with eyes open at the vigorous shaking. The urgency to see what was happening rising within him, he sat up from his bed, being hit with an ache in his head. Gradually making his steps towards the door, he opened, to find what appeared to seem like many boulders, crammed into the corridor. His stomach sank for a moment in despair. Was he stuck.

Shaking his head tiredly, he gave a light slap to his forehead to concentrate. Maybe he might be small enough to crawl through and get out then. He turned back to beside the bed. Attaching back his analogue watch on his wrist, and placing his pack of game cards in his pocket, he hid his face under his white jacket hood and walked out the door.

He blinked for just a moment, and suddenly a bright light almost blinded his eyes. The next moment, there was a rush of sounds of leaves rustling in the wind, and he was hit by cold wind. He opened his eyes, and Jian found himself staring at a forest of trees under the pale sun. His arms instantly grasped elbows on both side to hug himself from the sudden cold air, before leaning a hand on the tree. His headache seemed to be getting worse. Yet the feeling of the bark was too real to be a mere hallucination.

Sliding down onto a sitting position, he closed his eyes as he was feeling his body slowly getting adjusted to the cold. Slowly his breath was getting more even while he massaged his temple. The headache was become rather dull, and seemed to be getting better, but he was finding it so hard to find the strength to stand up.

No, no… he had to stand up. He had to find …

The next moment his consciousness came back, Jian was no longer feeling the wind blowing in his face. He opened his eyes cautiously, finding himself facing a wall of timbre. His headache seemed to have gone. Now that he was feeling better, his throat seemed dry. Slowly, he sat up, finding a thick fur blanket sliding off him. Who had given him that?

He turned to look around him, finding himself in a wooden cabin with a fireplace. Rather than finding comfort that he wasn't in the danger of being frozen, after learning from Nicholas the boy was suddenly tense again from seeing that there was no windows around.

Notes:
[1] Jian not feeling well was a combination of tension headache (from stress) and then sinus headache (when one gets a particularly bad flu).

[2] Being in the new world with the magic in the air, it could have helped with him getting better. He's not 100% but the headache should be mostly gone now.

[3] The quake he had felt refers to the nuclear attacks set up Nicholas.

[/bg]

IJDRmrV.jpg
Name: Jian Qi, Zhang
Comission art by @helblindi
Interactions: N/A
Tags: @Dakota K5 @conman2163 @SoleStride @Kurogane86 @Stari @Ramboing

Within less than 24 hours since Jian had arrived at the North Korea to hide from the E.I., he soon found himself feeling rather ill in the middle of his first training day. Obviously, there was no merit in trying to be tough and lie if you were not feeling well. Probably some side-effect of him not being used to the environment, but he was bed-ridden in a room in one of the lower floors underground.

In between waking up a few times feverishly, he was plagued by nightmares or just memories of the past life where his sister nor mother was missing. It was during one of these that he had woken to a very bad earthquake.

Nothing collapsed around him, but he lay very still in bed with eyes open at the vigorous shaking. The urgency to see what was happening rising within him, he sat up from his bed, being hit with an ache in his head. Gradually making his steps towards the door, he opened, to find what appeared to seem like many boulders, crammed into the corridor. His stomach sank for a moment in despair. Was he stuck.

Shaking his head tiredly, he gave a light slap to his forehead to concentrate. Maybe he might be small enough to crawl through and get out then. He turned back to beside the bed. Attaching back his analogue watch on his wrist, and placing his pack of game cards in his pocket, he hid his face under his white jacket hood and walked out the door.

He blinked for just a moment, and suddenly a bright light almost blinded his eyes. The next moment, there was a rush of sounds of leaves rustling in the wind, and he was hit by cold wind. He opened his eyes, and Jian found himself staring at a forest of trees under the pale sun. His arms instantly grasped elbows on both side to hug himself from the sudden cold air, before leaning a hand on the tree. His headache seemed to be getting worse. Yet the feeling of the bark was too real to be a mere hallucination.

Sliding down onto a sitting position, he closed his eyes as he was feeling his body slowly getting adjusted to the cold. Slowly his breath was getting more even while he massaged his temple. The headache was become rather dull, and seemed to be getting better, but he was finding it so hard to find the strength to stand up.

No, no… he had to stand up. He had to find …

The next moment his consciousness came back, Jian was no longer feeling the wind blowing in his face. He opened his eyes cautiously, finding himself facing a wall of timbre. His headache seemed to have gone. Now that he was feeling better, his throat seemed dry. Slowly, he sat up, finding a thick fur blanket sliding off him. Who had given him that?

He turned to look around him, finding himself in a wooden cabin with a fireplace. Rather than finding comfort that he wasn't in the danger of being frozen, after learning from Nicholas the boy was suddenly tense again from seeing that there was no windows around.

Notes:
[1] Jian not feeling well was a combination of tension headache (from stress) and then sinus headache (when one gets a particularly bad flu).

[2] Being in the new world with the magic in the air, it could have helped with him getting better. He's not 100% but the headache should be mostly gone now.

[3] The quake he had felt refers to the nuclear attacks set up Nicholas.
[/bg]

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Kurogane86
Tyler Haak

Tyler held Adam down on the ground, spotting Maine from the corner of her eye as he rushed passed, plunging a dagger into Otto's back. Blood-drenched snow, Otto is no longer moving. Tyler spots Daisuke at her side, but they're both surrounded by the rest; Maine, Lucien, Cal, Alkura, Christian, even Adam has his own body somehow and the two are being cornered next to Otto's corpse. For some reason, her fists won't raise and her mace falls to the ground at her feet. Somehow, Tyler's skin is back to normal and she feels no heat or cold and Daisuke looks like the pervert he was before his strange, demonic transformation. They're powerless. Those who were once their friends advance, weapons drawn, until the two are backed against the same tree that Otto's body should be sitting on. But now that body is gone. In this state, there's nothing else to do but admit… "Daisuke, I'm scared."

Heat. She can feel it the moment she jolts awake, flying out of her bed and scrambling to her feet. She's on fire but the flames won't calm down and the racing heart from her dream isn't helping her sense of control – what little of she has for the fire already anyway. The sensation is erratic in her chest, every shift of her eyes around the room hastened and anxious. Tyler can't help but breathe unsteadily while she examines everyone in the room from a distance. They're all there, except her brother, with the addition of some old woman who looks like she could fall over at the slightest breeze.

Where is she? Tyler tries frantically to recall how she got here, but all she can remember is asking Lucien about Otto and then blackness. She needs to calm down. Even though her hands and eyes are searching for the door to get out, she's tied here by not wanting to leave people behind. Instead, her feet shift endlessly on the floor beneath her, and the flames covering her skin remain flickering impatiently with every passing second. What do I do? What do I do? I need to get out of here. I can't be here. Where are we? Run, run, RUN. Eyes falling on the elderly woman, Tyler doesn't move and the only sounds in the room are her ragged breathing and the dancing fire she can't put out.

[fieldbox="The Wild Blue Woman, red, solid"]

Users: @SoleStride

Lucien

Lucien sat quietly next to the ranger, blowing smoke from the corner of his mouth. A long wooden pipe was in his hand, the lit bowl containing a plant similar to tobacco, the only noticeable difference being that it was a white leaf. His normal cigarettes were gone, and he had been offered this in the place of the smoking . He spoke in a quiet tone to the ranger, who had pulled back his hood, revealing the elongated and pointed canines the man had, as well as his pointed ears. Lucien had quickly discovered that the ranger's spoke in the same ancient language that the Guardian's had, which would be why Lucien thought it so familiar. Already he had learned quite a few things from the ranger, chiefly among them that they were in a Northern province of the world they had appeared in. According to the man the appearances of them hadn't been altogether uncommon, the land even had legends about such appearances stretching back centuries into the past, and every time their ancestors had helped the strangers that appeared in the aftermath integrate into their society. Even the ranger had seen such appearances before, but not like he had today.

The ranger described the event as a great emerald light that shot up from the ground in a giant beam, at first only one, but then more and more appearing all across the land. In the aftermath of each of them was left a different human, each of them confused, disorientated, and underdressed for the weather. Kingdoms all across the world had just experienced the same thing as well, millions of the beams filling the air in a moment, prompting many different kingdoms to form rescue parties and help rescue these people, though the ranger seemed unaware of how well the effort was going in other countries.

Lucien was also informed of the status of their personal effects, with each person having been stripped of weapons they may have had. The weapons (at least those they understood), the ranger told Lucien, were being repaired and sharpened by the weaponsmith of the village they were in. The firearms were placed in a secure storage seperate from the other weapons, but still they were being kept safely, and all of the weapons would be returned to them upon being prepared to leave.

The first person of the group to wake up was Tyler, Lucien had watched over all of them, and had noticed her sleeping fitfully whilst doing so, but had done nothing to ease it, knowing none of the psychological magic that some of the other Guardians did. She looked wild and scared upon waking, standing aflame and dangerous.

Lucien quietly spoke up to Tyler, hoping to ease her nerves. "Tyler, calm yourself, you're safe, there are no enemies here. You just need to calm down." He made no move to stop her from standing up, indeed he simply stared at her with a look of mild concern, nursing another lungful of smoke from the pipe before blowing the smoke out the corner of his mouth, filling the air with a pungent odor of mint. He found himself speaking again, still attempting to further explain the situation. "They put us to sleep, mostly because they felt we might cause danger to the other people that were in the carts around us if we decided to fight back. They didn't harm anyone. Just calm down."

[/fieldbox]

Daisuke Hirragi

Daisuke was face to face with Adam, "what's going on kid?" Adam turned away. "Our subconcious, they knocked out our body so we're stuck here for a while." Adam looked like hell, it was obvious that he felt uneasy. Daisuke placed his hand on Adam shoulder, "look kid, don't worry about it. We all make mistakes." Adam turned. "Is that what you think? Do you think I feel bad Cuz I tried to stab Otto to grant my wish? No I'm pissed Cuz that ass hole Maine got to him first And for what? Nothing, nothing changed. At least I wanted to end this shit."

Daisuke backed up, Adam was starting to change, he was afraid the trauma of this whole situation had finally got to him. "Look kid" Daisuke said softly
"I get it, I'm tired of this shit to but we cant" Adam spoke up. "It's her fault" Daisuke stopped. "What." Adam turned and walked to Daisuke, "her, it's always her. FUCKING TYLER HAAK!!!!" Adam yelled out. "She's always there either fucking up the team by threats, or swinging around that fucking mace like a psychotic hawk girl." Daisuke tried to calm him.

"NO!" don't touch me. "I hate her, she's such an ass to me, I didn't ask for this." As Adam spoke his skin started to turn black again, the tattoos spread giving him the appearance of a demon. His horns, fangs and claws started to grow. "Fuck her, do you hear my Tyler FUCK YOU. IT'S YOUR FAULT OTTO DIED LIKE THAT. If you would have just kept your stupid face out of other people's business, Cal and Nicholas would have been dead and it would have been over." Adam was now in full demon mode. "I hate her, I hate her. She's such a prick to us Daisuke why do you keep chasing her, choose someone else fuck anyone else I'm just so tired of her stupid face."

It was then that Daisuke heared Tyler yell for him. "Tyler?" Daisuke saw a light, "I'm coming Tyler." Adam stood in front of him. "Don't!, I hate her which means you do too." Daisuke shook his head. "Knock it off your acting lie a baby, she's in trouble I gotta go." Adam grabbed onto Daisuke's hand. "I swear to god if you leave before we finish talking I'm gonna kill her." Daisuke shook it off, "you need to grow up kid. Cool off and realize what your saying." Daisuke left leaving Adam in demon form alone. "I WARNED YOU DAISUKE!!!!"

Daisuke woke up to see Tyler on fire. "Hey, hey!!! What's going on Tyler?" Daisuke tried to get up but found he was tied up. He looked over to Lucien who was sitting and talking to a hooded guy. "Fucking Lucien get off your ass and help her!!!"

• Love
Reactions: Quark
Tyler & Christian Haak

It took the relaxing scent of mint to draw her out of her confused fear. The smell washed over her enough to draw her gaze to Lucien who had been speaking to her, telling her to calm down. Knowing that she had no sense of smell in her dreams, she finally realized that she'd already woken up and was actually causing a problem and a scene. Waking up in a strange place after being in a nightmare had made her think she was still sleeping and now she understood that she was not.

The woman looked from Lucien to the ranger next to him and back repeatedly for a moment. She pressed her lips together firmly and nodded to show that she understood. "Daisuke, I'm fine, I'm fine." She tried to relax, taking in deep breaths through her nose and then letting them out slowly through her mouth. "Sorry…" As the flames started to die down, Tyler leaned up against the wall and slid to the floor to take a seat, covering her face with her hands as the fire finally died out completely. "I'm sorry." The woman continued to deep breathe, trying to get her heart rate back under control.

"Can we untie Daisuke?" She asked, looking back up at Lucien. Since the guy looked so damn at ease with one of the people who had taken them, she assumed that everything was alright. "Lucien, where's Otto? Did they bring him?" She looked at the ranger, questioning in her gaze. "Did you bring Otto? We need to bury him." She looked back at Lucien. "And where's Christian?" She looked around one more time but didn't see her brother there. "Is he okay?"

Christian opened his eyes groggily, not taking well to whatever method was used to put him to sleep and not exactly excited about not knowing where he was. It took a few minutes, but when he finally was able to force himself to sit up, he did a similar sweep of the room to see where he was. He didn't know any of these sleeping faces and his sister was not one of them. He didn't care about the rest of those people they'd been zapped here with; Christian had already done so much to find his sibling and now they were separated again. "Hey." He looked around for someone he could ask. "Where am I? Hello?"

Maine
The wait in the white room felt like an eternity. While Nyx had occupied herself by reading her book, Maine passed around restlessly around the room waiting to regain consciousness. Something wasn't right about where they were, but there was nothing he could do in his current state. All he could was wait.... Suddenly Nyx disappeared and the room began to shake. The room darkened as Maine felt himself waking up.

The first thing Maine felt was warmth. Compared to his previous situation out in the freezing tundra he was surprised to find himself in the middle of a nice warm house huddled in warm blankets. Next there were noises. He could hear the convesrtaions and yelling of various people. He recognized them all, Lucien, Tyler, Daisuke, and the guy who was close to Tyler. Lifting himself slowly, Maine rested his back against the nearest wall and took a look at his surroundings. To his surprise, he noticed he was in a small wood cabin, the only occupants being the group, one of the warriors from earlier, and an ancient woman.

Maine focused on Lucien who was oddly calm considering the situation. It was as if he knew more than he was saying. Tagging along man close to Tyler, Maine asked, "I'm with this guy here. Where are we and could you explain what is going on?"

Otto...?
Mention: Tyler
-

He coughed and gagged as he sat up like a man possessed, his body experiencing intense pain. He flipped himself and propped his body up on his knees as his fists held his torso up. "AHHHHHHH!" He screamed as his bodily functions restarted and sweat formed on his brow from the strain but that did not last long as his flame burst into life just from response to the pain and grew in intensity from the magic around him, the snow below him flashed to steam in an instant. He flipped onto his back and dug his heels into the ground as he felt his heart rate spike as the flames lashed out at nothing, burning the dead trees around him and incinerating the few scavengers that still stuck around his once lifeless body. The pain was finally going away now and his flames were dying down, he was panting now at the exertion of his body as sweat was now pouring down him. He was clear enough of mind though to take stock of his situation as he looked around and....where was he? Where had he been for that matter? His mind was blank as he tried to remember something...anything but it was all blank. He did remember how to fight and how to use a spear but that memory was not his, another memory came to him, one of a...blue woman. The name Tyler Haak seemed to be associated with her along with very....intense emotions namely attraction and love but Otto did not understand why.
-
It was about this time Otto noticed he could not see out of his left eye, he tried to wipe away the darkness thinking something was blocking his vision but to no a vale. He made his way to one of the puddles that had formed around him and tried to wash it away with similar results, he caught his reflection and was puzzled until realization dawned on him. His right eye was a ruby read and stared back at him with intensity but his left eye...his left eye was a dull clouded red almost pink and gave him no vision.
-
He locked down his emotion at that as he saw the spear that was near him and picked it up, he needed to find Tyler Haak, she could help him...he hoped.

[fieldbox="A New World cont., red, solid"]

Users: @Ramboing @SoleStride @Kurogane86 @Dakota K5 @Quark @Stari

Lucien

Lucien's efforts to calm the flaming Tyler were rewarded pretty quickly, despite the anger of Daisuke and the confusion of Maine. At Tyler's request though, and the struggling of Daisuke, Lucien quietly spoke to the ranger about Daisuke's bindings. The ranger looked conflicted, staring at the man and his ropes, clearly remembering what Daisuke hadturned into earlier and not wishing for him to do so again. However, a moment later the old woman spoke to the ranger in a harsh tone, and sheepishly he stood and walked over to Daisuke, cutting him loose in a swift motion. Satisfied, the old woman turned around and went back to caring for a pot that was sat over the fire, inside of which sat a delicious beef stew, which began to fill the air with the smell of cooking meat and broth.

Lucien took another puff of the pipe before blowing the minty smelling smoke out the corner of his mouth, before talking to the ranger yet again. The ranger once again looked conflicted, which was also once again solved by quick words from the old woman. Without further ado, the ranger opened the door to the cabin and left.

Lucien inhaled on the pipe again, before letting loose the cloud of smoke and speaking calmly, aiming to answer Tyler and Maine's questions. "Well to make it brief and simple Tyler, Otto is still back at that campsite. I spoke at length to the young.... well the younger warrior that just left about it, and he asked his superiors to send someone back for his body. They were gracious enough to send a small party, and they'll be getting his body and returning as fast as possible. Christian is in another cabin, I asked the warrior to go get him. To answer your questions Maine, we are currently sitting in a Northern village in a province of the USNSD, or United Soveriegn Northern States of Dildania, which is located in the continent of Lotal. This particular province is currently ruled over by King Tulin who is a sworn vassal of High King Arkhall. As for what is going on, it seems as though we were the subject of some kind of divine intervention, and from the reports rolling in so were a lot of other people. These people are currently sharpening our weapons and repairing them, which was nice of them, and they have offered us a place to stay, which I do not doubt we should at least take them up on for the next few days while we get our bearings." When he finished, Lucien took a puff of his pipe again and sat back in the chair, leaning it so it stood on the back two legs with the back of the chair against the wall.

GM POST

A knock came at the door of the cabin that Jian and Christian were in, and the door opened, letting a rush of cold air in before it was shut behind the the ranger who stepped inside. The ranger spoke quietly to the other ranger inside, then stepped past him and walked over to Christian. His next words to come out were in a startlingly decent english, spoken with only a hint of a gutteral accent. "Need you to come with me, a man in another cabin needs to see you, says it's about your sister, just let me know when you're ready and i'll take you to him." Without any more words the ranger turned around and looked over the cabin. "If anyone in here is named Jian you need to come with me as well." The ranger then walked over to the door and waited.

Meanwhile, a ranger appeared in front of Cora. In an accent similar to the younger ranger speaking with Christian, he spoke to her in english, and pointed at the cabin that all of the other E.I. members were in. "Not much for you today, just need you to assist the elder inside that cabin and make sure the cabin stays stocked on firewood. You'll be able to get a meal there if you haven't eaten yet. Without anymore words the ranger then walked away from Cora to a chopping block for wood, where he started splitting logs.
[/fieldbox]

Cora

She blinks looking over the Ranger as she nods quickly "Alright." Cora spoke in a light cockney accent. She slowly closed her door getting some fire wood just in case the elder needed anything. She picks some of the already chopped wood up before making her way to the cabin. She was humming London bridges as she went. She let's out a deep breath before opening the door to the cabin slowly walking inside. "Elder...I have brought some fire wood, do you need anything else?" She did not seem to see the other members inside yet as she was focusing on the elder. Her eye's would slowly start glowing brighter as she looks at the elder.

Daisuke Hirragi

Daisuke watched as Tyler, than Lucien asked for his release. He watched the Ranger come closer, his guard up in case Daisuke tried something. "You're gonna be fine dude I won't try anything, just untie me." The ranger untied Daisuke and he quickly went over to Tyler. He sat next to her, he grabbed her hands to make sure she wasn't hurt from the ropes.

"You look like your ok." Daisuke let go of her hands and sat there getting shoulder to shoulder with Tyler, offering his body heat if she wanted it. "So, we just sit here now? Everything's gonna be ok? I know I shouldn't be surprised at all since you know everything but it's hard to believe we were saved by some Devine being and transported to some alternate world. Which by the way is the premise of like 12 manga that I know if. What's next, is a beatiful princess gonna come in and beg us to liberate her people from the dark sorcerer?"

Just that a female popped her head in asking if the elder needed more fire wood? Daisuke looked surprised he looked at the girl she seemed normal, as in from earth. He looked at Tyler who must have noticed him starring. "Huh, maybe a coincidence? I'll try again." He cleared his throat. "What next a warrior busts in telling us that they are under attack and need our power to save their village?" Daisuke watched the entrance and waited.

Otto
Mention: Tyler
-

The two ravens watched Otto as he tried to come to terms with what was happening, he stood with the spear in hand having not yet noticed the ravens. They both let out a caw at the same time to which Otto turned to look at them, one was orangeish red while the other was inky black and both stared at him with a uncommon intelligence. "Wake up in snow land with a spear, two crows and an empty head....great." As he spoke the black crow cawed at him again but this time it seemed almost like....indignation? "Look I can't help it that this situation is weird." He said to the crow who seemed to understand him as it flew down and landed on his shoulder and pecked him lightly in the head. "Stop that damn it." Otto said as he shifted his shoulder causing the black crow to squawk and flap it's wings before settling down on his left shoulder before it's orange twin came and landed on his right shoulder. "Oh so you both are joining me?" Otto asked as they both tilted there heads and looked at him. "Fine, we need to find food and shelter first before we start looking for this...Tyler Haak..." Saying the name made Otto's heart ache for some reason but he shook it off and with both spear and two raven's he set off through the forest to find something to eat and somewhere to sleep.

Tyler & Christian Haak

Tyler was able to listen to Lucien calmly even as Daisuke sidled up next to her and started to check her hands and wrists. Now that her fire had faded, her skin was darkening back into blue once again, the heat draining from it quickly. Even when he pressed up against her shoulder, she made no move to get away, staying in place and nodding absently to Lucien's words to show that she at least understood. Oddly enough, Lucien was actually talkative, but it seemed that he had already stated to build a rapport with these people, whoever they were and they had even let Daisuke go when asked. But Otto had been left behind and Tyler couldn't help but feel incredibly discouraged, if she hadn't already before. Knees pulled up to her chest, she rested her arms on them and dropped her face down into the space between her elbows. A sigh slipped through her lips before she lifted her head once again to look around.

Maine was awake now too, but she paid him no attention. She would probably never forgive him, and if she did – well, they would cross that bridge if they got to it. For now, not looking at him at all would be the only way to keep herself from bursting with anger. But he wasn't the only one she was mad at. Adam was also on her shit list, it was just lucky for him that he shared a body with Daisuke, and that Daisuke had been in control since the incident. Adam and Maine were both traitors now, and she could no longer trust either of them. The people she could trust was dwindling faster and faster.

Listening to Daisuke in the background of her mind, she couldn't help but smirk and nod to his comment about the manga-like storyline. Just as she was nodding to his 'beautiful princess' scene remark, a young girl walked in to talk to the older woman there. Boom. Right on the money. Her eyebrows went up as well, and she mimicked Daisuke's expression right back at him, only in silence – something Daisuke could never master. Or even attempt. When he tried to call out the next character in their story, she too looked at the door curiously as he did, watching and waiting to see if someone else entered.

In Christian's cabin, he was greeted with silence until someone decided to drop in. It took a few minutes of waiting in frustration, but it eventually happened. The ranger that approached him would be met with a surprised expression at the English he was hearing and then instant obedience at the word sister. Christian shot out of his mattress, standing straight and ready to go. "I'm ready now. Thank you for taking me to her, I've been a little worried." He had tried to act cool with his first sentence, but the boyish tone slipped back in there somewhere and he eventually was exposed for being worrywart of his own mistake of admitting it.

[bg=#000000]
[bg=#000000]Click here for Mobile Version[/bg]
[bg=#454545]Among the other people that were huddled there, Jian kept his body low and laid down again against the floorboard in the cabin-like room as the man's voice rang through the room. It wasn't that he didn't want to answer, but rather h was somewhat hesitant to speak up despite understanding the words in English.

His attention now at the door at the sound of hinges opening, he noticed what walked in was a man in armour and hood, like someone from the European medieval ages. There was another one as well in this room, as though they were a guard. The room was oddly silent enough for him to make out some of the syllables, not that Jian could understand it. His eyes travelled to around the room.

These... rangers... have armour plates with basic equiped weapons. Metalsmithing technology.... but no effective long-range firearms...everyone else looks like a city civilian though. Can't tell if they know magic... or are part of E.I.[1]

His attention was fully attentive to the ranger again as he walked up to a man who had spoke up earlier, and his ears perked up a little. His suddenly enthusiasm in standing up, eager to see his sister, suddenly made Jian feel a pang of empathy, yet so distant as well. He didn't have time to ponder since his name was suddenly mentioned, that he was to go along to this other cabin.

So there are other cabins... like a camp... he thought to himself, attempting to distract himself from his somewhat impulsive thoughts at the back of his mind.

After the man had scrambled up rather quickly, he sat up, raised his hand as his other slid into his pocket. His fingers curled around the pack of cards in his pocket, and then he spoke up. "
Um.... I'm Jian." he said, as his soft voice was a little louder, hoping he hadn't mistaken it for someone else. [3] He stood up. "And ... I understand. " he said, his tone somewhat compliant, and he stood up to make his way towards the door where one of the rangers were.

Don't jump to conclusions too quickly, he reminded himself.

Notes:
[1] These thoughts were quick observations Jian made, in his head they wouldn't full sentences and the thoughts might not be exactly follow a logic since he's trying to pull as much information about his surrounding as possible in this case.

[2] Jian isn't aware that they are in a different world at this moment. There are some places in the world with tribes that don't have modern technology, and he's just assumed that was the case for these people.

[3] He's not sure if there's another Jian in the room, since his first name is "Jian Qi". He just doesn't mind people calling him Jian for short or convenience.

[/bg]

IJDRmrV.jpg
Name: Jian Qi, Zhang
Comission art by @helblindi
Interactions: N/A
Tags:@conman2163 @SoleStride
Among the other people that were huddled there, Jian kept his body low and laid down again against the floorboard in the cabin-like room as the man's voice rang through the room. It wasn't that he didn't want to answer, but rather h was somewhat hesitant to speak up despite understanding the words in English.

His attention now at the door at the sound of hinges opening, he noticed what walked in was a man in armour and hood, like someone from the European medieval ages. There was another one as well in this room, as though they were a guard. The room was oddly silent enough for him to make out some of the syllables, not that Jian could understand it. His eyes travelled to around the room.

These... rangers... have armour plates with basic equiped weapons. Metalsmithing technology.... but no effective long-range firearms...everyone else looks like a city civilian though. Can't tell if they know magic... or are part of E.I.[1]

His attention was fully attentive to the ranger again as he walked up to a man who had spoke up earlier, and his ears perked up a little. His suddenly enthusiasm in standing up, eager to see his sister, suddenly made Jian feel a pang of empathy, yet so distant as well. He didn't have time to ponder since his name was suddenly mentioned, that he was to go along to this other cabin.

So there are other cabins... like a camp... he thought to himself, attempting to distract himself from his somewhat impulsive thoughts at the back of his mind.

After the man had scrambled up rather quickly, he sat up, raised his hand as his other slid into his pocket. His fingers curled around the pack of cards in his pocket, and then he spoke up. "Um.... I'm Jian." he said, as his soft voice was a little louder, hoping he hadn't mistaken it for someone else. [3] He stood up. "And ... I understand. " he said, his tone somewhat compliant, and he stood up to make his way towards the door where one of the rangers were.

Don't jump to conclusions too quickly, he reminded himself.

Notes:

[1] These thoughts were quick observations Jian made, in his head they wouldn't full sentences and the thoughts might not be exactly follow a logic since he's trying to pull as much information about his surrounding as possible in this case.

[2] Jian isn't aware that they are in a different world at this moment. There are some places in the world with tribes that don't have modern technology, and he's just assumed that was the case for these people.

[3] He's not sure if there's another Jian in the room, since his first name is "Jian Qi". He just doesn't mind people calling him Jian for short or convenience.

[/bg]

[fieldbox="The Plot Thickens, red, solid"]

Users: @Ramboing @SoleStride @Kurogane86 @Dakota K5 @Stari @Quark

Lucien

Lucien flicked his fingers in the direction of Daisuke, causing a small blunt bullet shaped wind projectile to form and hit Daisuke in the forehead, with relatively the same force as flicking him in the forehead would have. "Hey smartass, I've only been talking to him for the past couple hours trying to figure out where the hell we are. Pardon me if I didn't think the why was too important."

The Ranger

The ranger nodded and motioned for both Christian and Jian to follow them, before opening the door and stepping outside into the cold snowy village. All around the pair would be able to see an arrangement of five cabins similar to the ones they just emerged from, small huts on the outskirts leading towards larger houses, a tavern and inn, a blacksmith, and something that was rather like a town hall. The ranger walked from the cabin they were in to the door of the other one, popping in and past the girl in the doorway before returning to his seat next to Lucien.

Lucien

As the ranger walked in, presumably with Christian and Jian in tow, he took another puff of his pipe, and let the smoke spew out the side. "Ah, and there is our ranger friend now. That means your brother will be with them Tyler, oh Jian as well, I imagine that you all remember Jian of course. Then again, maybe you've been clobbered over the head so much recently you've forgotten Daisuke, since you seem to have forgotten respect for your teacher too."

????

The man stood from a kneel, the dark clothing he wore and the blade on his side marking him as a warrior of some sort. His hair was a strange mix of both orange and black, each color taking up one half of his head. On his face was a gas mask that reached up to his nose and terminated, and a tattoo covered the left side of his throat and spread downwards past the point of the neck of his shirt and out of sight. Across his face was a large burn scar that stretched from the start of his right cheek and off to the right and down towards his right shoulder. He cocked his head to the side as he took a deep breath in, before ripping off the gas mask and looking around. His gaze turned to the skies, the amber glow from them like the hellfire of damnation. The voice he used slithered from his throat like the sound of a siren, beautiful and dangerous, with a hypnotic undertone. "So then my lords, what is it that you ask of me now?" The whispers that he heard in his head seemed to respond, the cloud that covered the man's mind speaking of a new kingdom to be formed in their honor, with him at the head. "Yes... yes of course, how is it that you would have me form it?"

Out of a portal behind the man stepped the woman in black armored, her mailed hands spread outwards in greeting. "A nearby village to the North, filled with your old comrades, you must defeat them and take their power, that is how you will begin, the rest of the steps will fall in place before you." The man whirled around to face the woman in the dark armor, falling before her to his knees and tears filling his eyes. His voice came out as barely more then a whisper. "Is that truly you, my lady? Are you truly one of the goddesses who has spoken to me?" The armored woman smiled warmly, the darkness of her eyes seeming to suck the light itself in as she looked down at him and approached, before placing a mailed hand on his face, caressing it gently, and the man closed his eyes. He seemed to revel in the touch of the woman. "Do you not believe the word of one of your gods? I have always been here, watching and waiting. Now, do as I have asked, and bring glory to myself and the other gods. Fail and you will be punished." The man slowly opened his eyes and nodded. "Of course my lady! It shall be done immediately!" The man scrambled to get up and raced off into the snow, following the snowy path that lead towards the village the surviving rebels and E.I. members were in.

The woman continued to smile, her eyes staring off towards the direction that the man had left towards, watching carefully, before letting out a long sigh, crossing her arms, and resting her chin on her fist. "Lord Adler, I have served you faithfully all these centuries, please do forgive me setting this wayward lamb upon your enemies without direction." The mailed woman looked up and to the sky, staring off into the distance at a storm that was closing in. "That said, I wonder what fate you might have in store for Deanta, hero of ages. Funny how he can play such crucial roles through out all of time and still manage to die forgotten. Then there is also the Third Founder's Child, what fate might you have in store for her? Only time can tell and I simply cannot wait to taste the deliciousness of the surprise." Seemingly done pondering, the woman turned on her heel and ripped open a new portal in the air with a spear that she materialized into her hand, before stepping into it, with the portal disappearing behind her.
[/fieldbox]

Daisuke Hirragi

Daisuke was excited when he saw the opening move. "Holy shit! I have a new power I can predict the future." The ranger and Tylers brother and another dude came in. Daisuke looked disappointed since there was no urgency to their entrance. "Tsk, I thought I was gonna save this world from dark forces, then get praised by all the young, busty, local women." Daisuke remembered Tyler was right there, he cleated his throat. "Of course I'd decline their advancements seeing as Tyler here is the only one for me." He wrapped his arm around her, trying to warm her up.

as the two walked in, Lucien made a crack about taking a few to many blows to head and Daisuke being disrespectful to his teacher, plus the air flick earlier. Daisuke faced Lucien while still holding onto tyler and smiled. "You know, I'm not..." He used his free hand to wipe something out of his eye with his middle finger pointing at Lucien. "Sure what's gotten into me I'm usually such a great student." He smiled at Tyler and sat back near her. "There see Tyler, your douchie brother is safe and we're ok. And I'M SURE..." Daisuke looked at the lounging Lucien. "That Lucien is working on a plan to get us on our way to.."

Daisuke got quiet. "To." It suddenly hit him, even if they did return, the earth was basically destroyed, it was covered in a blanket of nukes and it's uninhabitable. "Shit, I don't know." His grip around her shoulder tightened as his smile faded replaced with a worried look.

[fieldbox="An Elder's Old Bones, red, solid"]

@Stari

The Ancient Woman

The old woman turned to the woman who had asked about the firewood, and beckoned her over. She indicated towards the fire, showing with her motions that the woman ought to put on a log then set the rest aside. She then turned back to the pot, lifting the lid off carefully before sprinkling in a green herb with an Earthy aroma and stirring it with a wooden spoon. She then indicated to the younger woman to hand her a stack of wooden bowls and utensils that were sat nearby.[/fieldbox]

Tyler & Christian Haak

Tyler glanced from Daisuke to the door and back, one eyebrow quirked up. He'd 'predicted' that someone else would come in, but didn't Lucien just tell them that he sent the ranger guy to go get her brother? She just shook her head and put her forehead on her arm for a moment, or at least until Daisuke tried desperately to recover from his vocalized thoughts. She gave him a bland look at his comments about young, busty, local women. The guy would never settle down; she was certain that one woman would never be enough for him. The fact that he hit on any female that walked might be a contributing factor. Her expression didn't change much when he put an arm around her.

Christian paid little to no attention to Jian, his focus on the ranger that would take him to his sister. He followed without hesitation and when he was led into another cabin, his first action was to scan the room for Tyler. She was sitting against the wall, with that guy's arm around her. If looks could kill, Daisuke would be dead. Christian's glare was unmasked, but he was able to keep from sneering or seething visibly. The man immediately moved over to his sister and plopped down on the other side of her, trying his best to ignore the weirdo at her opposite shoulder.

"You okay?" He asked quietly, giving her a once-over to look for injuries. Tyler simply gave her brother a nod to confirm that she was well, but her ears were trained on Daisuke's voice as he trailed off when he came to that big realization. "Hey-!" Christian was struggling to not say something about being called a douche, but held back because Tyler wasn't even looking at him anymore. She was looking at Daisuke, blankly yet with understanding in her gaze. The only moral support she could think to give him came in the form of a simple bump of her shoulder against him – one of those actions that people innately understand as emotional support without needing words to explain it.

Now that she could dwell on it more, Tyler couldn't help but think back to the world they'd left – covered in a thick fog of radiation and unsettled ash and debris. Her parents were dead. Her brother's fiancé was dead. Her kids… the students she'd grown so close to, so much as to call them her kids without even realizing it, they were dead. Dust. She dropped her face down into her arms again, trying with much difficulty to push those thoughts away, but unable to succeed.

Otto
-

He has found a small cave that was closed at the back and offered him some protection from the cold and wind, the two ravens on his shoulders had sat rather still as he moved through the forest. "Need a fire." He spoke as the two ravens went off and started to return with small twigs and sticks, he himself went about finding fallen tree limbs to build his fire bigger. While in his task he found the body of a deer like creature. "Wish I had a knife..." He spoke and before he could react the spear he had been carrying shrank down until it was the size of a knife while the blade also shrinking to match the handle's size. "Well...that works to." He spoke as he began to cut away bits of meat from the deer creature at least where it hadn't been ate on by other animals, he put the few strips he had gotten on top of the wood he had gathered and headed back to the camp.
The ravens had gotten a large pile of twigs gathered and with his logs he set out to make a fire, he set the twigs in a small pile as a small flame sparked in his fingers. He could remember the power of flame he had, how easily it destroyed but now it was...calmer? More docile and obeyed him at any instance. He lit the wood and slowly started to add logs until the fire was the size of one found in a camp sight, the spear had by this time returned to it's normal size at his side while he set the meat on the coals and warmed himself by the fire debating his next move.